PDA

View Full Version : Beats Daisy Streaming off-topic posts

smokey_mcpot
12-12-2012, 03:56 PM
didnt daisy accidentally hang herself, trying to jump over a fence while chained up?

daisy... chaining..?

eversonpoe
12-12-2012, 05:12 PM
didnt daisy accidentally hang herself, trying to jump over a fence while chained up?

daisy... chaining..?

i don't even need to say this, because everyone knows it, now, but you're an asshole.

seriously, dude?

Hazekiah
12-12-2012, 05:17 PM
I've actually wondered for a while what happened to Daisy May but never found any info on the subject.

Is there any truth to the accidental hanging thing? After the tragic death of Maise that would just be EXTRA horrible.

:-\

Reznor2112
12-12-2012, 05:48 PM
http://pitchfork.com/news/48879-nine-inch-nails-best-of-due-with-new-songs-reznor-working-on-streaming-service-with-beats-by-dre/

You can supposedly read The New Yorker piece by registering for a free trial subscription (http://archives.newyorker.com/skins/realview/tny/register.asp?pub=The New Yorker), but it took an hour for me to get my user/password, and it's still not working an hour later....

Why is it going to take until 2014 for the best of album to come out? Damn.. New NIN to follow...so looking at a new NIN album in 2015.

jessamineny
12-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Why is it going to take until 2014 for the best of album to come out? Damn.. New NIN to follow...so looking at a new NIN album in 2015.

Interscope is likely banking on the fact that NIN will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2014, and wants to ride the marketing coattails of that. And I would bet the new NIN would come out around the same time.

Vertigo
12-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Interscope is likely banking on the fact that NIN will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2014, and wants to ride the marketing coattails of that. And I would bet the new NIN would come out around the same time.

Yeah, good point about the timing for the greatest hits album. Assuming that the new NIN record is independent, though, I suspect Trent & co would take advice from an old lady recently home invaded by an 8-foot dreadlocked alien superwarrior in need of comprehensive facial labiaplasty with one hand missing, and not give a shit.

If you don't get the admittedly wildly off-topic reference, that must be a very peculiar line to read.

allegro
12-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Alice Cooper wasn't inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Cash until 2011. The first Alice Cooper album was released in 1969.

I'm guessing 2014 has to do with some legal crap. Or a budget.

Anyway, Daisy, is this gonna be a paid subscription thing? I don't remember if I saw one way or another.

jessamineny
12-12-2012, 09:20 PM
And Guns 'N Roses was inducted as soon as they were elligible. :::shrug:::

piggy
12-12-2012, 10:41 PM
On the topic of the hits package, the 2014 release date is probably because that would be the 25th anniversary of the band. It most likely has zero to do with the RNRHOF. Also, for anyone worried by the time frame implied by the statement that new NIN would follow the hits package, it doesn't necessarily mean that he would begin recording at that point, it could already be finished or partly finished by that time.

heroicraptor
12-12-2012, 10:55 PM
For fuck's sake, kids.