PDA

View Full Version : New Youtube layout

Deepvoid
12-07-2012, 01:32 PM
I can't believe they roll that layout out. Left-aligned on a white background?
I'm all for changes but they screwed up big time! Did they even tested this crap beforehand?

Feels good to complain.

Damn!

Space Suicide
12-07-2012, 01:43 PM
I hate it too.I hate upgrades of new versions of shit that don't need it.

New iTunes sucks big time too.

I also detest to new Playstation Store layout.

I wish they didn't have to re-do layout and features with every fucking update.

Deepvoid
12-07-2012, 02:30 PM
Yeah I forgot about the new iTunes. Terrible as well.

darktemplar007
12-07-2012, 03:26 PM
I really like that half of the screen is now completely empty of anything. Good job YouTube, now I can put photos of my cats on my monitor while watching YouTube videos of cats, and it won't cover up the video!

thelastdisciple
12-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Damn there's no homepage settings now is there?

I liked only having my subscription uploads feed showing anytime i jumped on to youtube but now I'm always getting this "what to watch" feed with recommendations and crap that i don't feel like sifting through, now i have to click on "My Subscriptions" and then click on "Uploads Only" to get back to what i used to like about the Youtube homepage feed.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
12-08-2012, 12:32 AM
I think the PS stores new layout is great. It batches searches much better instead of having to look through endless lists of random DLC and avatar downloads and games mixed together. The loading time is ridiculous though.

Not liking the Youtube update though.

MrsMeowMeow
12-08-2012, 07:21 AM
I like the new PS store layout, I find the stuff that I'm looking for now much faster.

But youtube sucks donkey balls now.

FernandoDante
12-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Why the hell would they remove the search filters for "upload date" and "view count"? What's the point of updating something and offering LESS important features than they did before?

onthewall2983
12-08-2012, 09:37 AM
iTunes changed their layout too, which makes me think I might have been comatose for the past few years or something.

Space Suicide
12-08-2012, 10:37 AM
iTunes changed their layout too, which makes me think I might have been comatose for the past few years or something.

It's so user-unfriendly and I find it baffling they retracted a lot of their past features for dumbed down, non-existant ones.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-08-2012, 11:02 AM
I echo a lot of what you guys are saying. New iTunes is crap, PS Store is hit and miss, YouTube is PURE garbage.

Especially the "not just showing me the newest uploads from my subscriptions" bullshit. If they're gonna show me videos "I might want to watch," at least show me videos I haven't ALREADY seen.

It's crap like this that pushes me further from the internet.

wizfan
12-08-2012, 12:14 PM
I hate that they removed "list by upload date" on the search filters. Or they hid it somewhere.

ManBurning
12-08-2012, 12:26 PM
I used to spend half my day on youtube, getting all my new movies and game news, watching some funny videos etc... I haven't watched a youtube video in 2 days now because of the switch over. It's a goddamn mess and I can't find jack shit.

Space Suicide
12-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Hopefully enough people voice their opinion they switch it back or at least make normal, staple features return.

I was looking for a recent video but couldn't find one because the search filter for the upload date is gone. It drove me nuts.

wizfan
12-08-2012, 03:10 PM
Hopefully enough people voice their opinion they switch it back or at least make normal, staple features return.

Agreed. I'm glad they at least had the decency to add a Send Feedback button.

thelastdisciple
12-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Speaking of Youtube..... What the hell is the point of the PS3 Youtube app? it doesn't fucking work at all, why you can even still download it from the PSN store is beyond me, take that shit off until there is a stable working release. I mean this is ridiculous.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-09-2012, 02:27 AM
Really? I'm not having any trouble with it. I mean, it seems to pick subscriptions at random to show me on the list pane, but it works fine for me otherwise.

Okay, I take that back. It DOES get really confused whenever I try to rewind or fast forward for more than 10 seconds. :/ But other than that, it's good enough for me. Beats using my iPod.

thelastdisciple
12-09-2012, 03:26 AM
Hm, i wonder why it doesn't seem to like my system.

I've got one of those slim jim 250Gbers, everything's up to date. I've downloaded and redownloaded. Made sure all cached data was deleted too before i installed it again and it still doesn't work, all that loads is the UI but it never plays any videos it just freezes and sometimes even crashes the system and reboots my console.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-09-2012, 10:22 AM
That is pretty strange. It's only crashed my system once. But like I said, if I just let the video play and don't fiddle with it, I don't have any issues.

I still agree that it's unpolished, though. There's a lot they could fix, design-wise. And I just found another bug - If I try searching for something that has two Ls next to each other (such as "parallel"), the app freezes up and I have to close it. Doesn't happen with any other letters, just pairs of L's.

We might as well rename this the "General web design and layout" thread or something. :P Fits in this sub-forum.

FernandoDante
12-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Why the hell did YouTube also remove the option to view recent videos by the same channel, without having to go to the actual channel's page? We get the stupid "suggestions" to the right, but that doesn't show all the videos from the channel, and not in upload order either.

Findus
12-16-2012, 04:55 PM
So, in the past four or five days, I've been able to view only about half of the videos that I've wanted to view. I uninstalled Flash, installed the current version, but the problem still existed. I did some research and apparently YouTube enrolled me in an HTML5 trial program without giving me a heads-up.
If anyone else encounters this problem, you can opt out of the HTML5 trial by clicking the appropriate tab on this page:

http://www.youtube.com/html5

Deepvoid
01-05-2013, 09:50 PM
The weirdest thing about the Upload date filter is that it's there on the iPhone app but they removed it on the website, which makes absolutely no sense at all.

wizfan
01-31-2013, 04:18 AM
They brought back the Upload date filter!!!