PDA

View Full Version : Trent Reznor Discussion on Howard Stern Show

malamoney
12-06-2012, 03:24 PM
On Tuesday Howard Stern came out of a break playing Hurt. He went on to say he loved the song and how Trent used to be the coolest dude on the planet, but now he's just a regular schlub. He did say Trent's work with Nine Inch Nails was awesome, but once NIN went away and he started to doing soundtracks and what not, he was no longer bad ass.

So on Wednesday I called in saying I love that he played Hurt, but was disappoint that he kinda sh!t on Trent. He went on to tell me that he just misses the old Trent who had this really dark persona and now he just seems like a normal person. Anyway, he does give Trent a lot of praise, but I wanted to call in and get on the record and suggest he get Trent on for an interview.

I cut the audio for those that want to listen:

Here's the clip of Stern listening to Hurt and talking about Trent:

http://f.cl.ly/items/36393q281k3g1O3v1s0D/stern_listens_to_hurt.mp3

Here's me talking to Stern the next day about Trent:

http://f.cl.ly/items/381I0A2d1G1I2j0W2N40/me_on_stern.mp3

Posted this over on the nin.com forums, but someone suggested I post it here.

Thanks,
Mike

Amaro
12-06-2012, 03:46 PM
lol

Howard Sweetheart Stern.

FernandoDante
12-06-2012, 05:21 PM
On Tuesday Howard Stern came out of a break playing Hurt. He went on to say he loved the song and how Trent used to be the coolest dude on the planet, but now he's just a regular schlub.
I can't take shit seriously from the guy who's in an American Idol ripoff.

Conrad Lienert
12-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Opie & Anthony 4 Life!!!

I can't stand Stern, hoo hoo!

Maul
12-06-2012, 06:47 PM
This Stern guy,saying that bullcrap at his age... Should know better.

malamoney
12-06-2012, 06:59 PM
I was shocked that I actually got on the air and was caught off guard, but you're right.

Afterwards I wish I had pointed out how much he's changed in the last 20 years. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy his show and he still makes me laugh, but I easily could have pointed out how I bet a lot of his fans miss the Howard Stern of the 80s who was much more raw. He's changed with the times and his age. Just like Trent.

Would love to hear Stern interview him though. Two guys who are icons in their fields.

Maul
12-06-2012, 07:00 PM
That I would love to hear, I'm sure Howard could get some interesting opinions out of Trent.

jessamineny
12-06-2012, 07:02 PM
He says he's brilliant. Belongs in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Was the "coolest dude on the planet" when he was putting out all those "weird videos." Longs for more classic NIN. Tough crowd here. : /

DigitalChaos
12-06-2012, 07:08 PM
He says he's brilliant. Belongs in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Was the "coolest dude on the planet" when he was putting out all those "weird videos." Longs for more classic NIN. Tough crowd here. : /
actual fellatio was not performed. the opinion was, therefore, negative!

malamoney
12-06-2012, 07:16 PM

I agree. He had great things to say about Trent's work, and clearly thinks highly of him. But his opinion of Trent's later and post Nine Inch Nails work is pretty sh!tty. At the end of the day I just wanted to bullsh!t with him about Trent.

Leviathant
12-06-2012, 08:32 PM
malamoney Please, if you're going to say shitty and bullshit, don't use exclamation points unless they follow the word. It's perfectly acceptable here to type those things :)

malamoney
12-06-2012, 08:53 PM
@malamoney (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2187) Please, if you're going to say shitty and bullshit, don't use exclamation points unless they follow the word. It's perfectly acceptable here to type those things :)

Well shit on me. Ha! New to the forum, but should have known better. So used to typing those substitutes for work emails...