PDA

View Full Version : Taken 2

Leman Russ
10-09-2012, 07:24 AM
Anyone else see it this weekend? I saw it Friday night and loved it. Liam Neeson kicks some serious ass as usual, and while parts of it were definitely ridiculous, I was very entertained.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
10-09-2012, 03:53 PM
I want to see it, but the reviews are making me get turned off until I decent rip is leaked it for. 50M on opening weekend was a bit of a shocker to me.

Deadpool
10-09-2012, 04:03 PM
I loved the first Taken. My question to those who have seen the sequel: will I enjoy Taken 2 as much as the first? I'll admit the reviews are scaring me off a bit, but I'm also prepared for a reasonable amount of ridiculousness.

Are the action sequences/fight scenes/interrogations on par with the first? Is there anything as badass as when Liam shoots his "friend's" wife in the arm in the first movie? I think I actually stood up out of my seat when I saw that in theaters. If so, I can get excited about this again. I will see it eventually for sure. Also, I want Maggie Grace to kick ass - why wouldn't her dad train her after the events of the original Taken, y'know?

Space Suicide
10-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Don't see how this movie garnered a necessary sequel.

carpenoctem
10-09-2012, 08:23 PM
The whole idea of this movie was hilarious to me because I thought it was a pointless rehash - "Hey, um, Dad? So I just got taken again." But I like the concept of actually addressing the consequences of all the carnage and dead bodies in the first one, because no one seems to think about the backlog of disposable cronies in action films. (I mean, cause they're disposable, but still.) I'll definitely see this. I love Maggie Grace, even though it's ridiculous that she's still playing a teenager. (Also looking at you, Bianca Lawson.)

Leman Russ
10-10-2012, 07:15 AM
I wouldn't listen to the reviews. If you enjoyed the first one, you'll enjoy this. Deadpool, Maggie Grace does get her hands dirty in this one, so you should be pretty happy about that.

Did a sequel *need* to be made? Probably not. Was it just as entertaining as the first? Absolutely.