PDA

View Full Version : Keep It Together

Pages : 1 [2]

bobbie solo
10-19-2012, 12:53 AM
Thought it was all gonna kick off towards the end when the guitar came to the fore. Sadly not.

agree completely. big time blown opportunity there to really make this stand out.

my voice just
10-19-2012, 04:00 AM
this
wtf was the point of the 3:00-3:30 part? it was ramping up nicely and then just... fell over and died at 3:30.
apparently, dave sitek can`t keep it together too

sheepdean
10-20-2012, 05:02 PM
Still no Artist Page, but HTDA are frontpage of Columbia's site for the new remix http://www.columbiarecords.com/

thefragile_jake
10-27-2012, 11:32 PM
I don't know, I was not a big fan of the last EP and a lot of HTDA tracks just kind of bleed into each other. I'm not as impressed as I normally am with Trent's stuff. I feel like I'm not adding anything new to the conversation but I just wish that if How to Destroy Angels is going to seperate itself from the NIN brand that it at least sounds a little bit distant from music we could easily hear under the Nine Inch Nails name. It can be electronic,, but Keep it Together truly does sound like something that would be a more down tempo track on a new NIN album. I will say that musically, it's much more interesting than what Trent was doing on some of the songs on Year Zero (my least favorite NIN record) but I can easily hear Trent's voice on these songs as opposed to Mariqueen. I suppose time will tell how truly great How to Destroy Angels can be but I still kind of am in the camp of waiting around for another Nine Inch Nails album.

Sorry for not adding anything drastically new.

witte
11-01-2012, 11:07 AM
http://pitchfork.com/news/48428-watch-trent-reznors-how-to-destroy-angels_-perform-keep-it-together-in-the-studio/

keep it together :)

keep it together!

Beta
11-01-2012, 11:14 AM
sychnronization fail at 02:47.. her voice.

Leviathant
11-01-2012, 11:20 AM
If you think any of the 'in-studio' performances since March of the Pigs has been single-cut live performances, the 'fail' is on you.

witte
11-01-2012, 11:20 AM
^^^ there are samples and there is real singing, i think
but, still no synchronous singing... ;) practice practice

>>

love that band shot. impressive, all that gear...

eversonpoe
11-01-2012, 11:21 AM
it really looks like Rob is playing/tweaking something musically. so i think it's fair to say he's an integral part of this ensemble from more than just a visual standpoint. (though they could be faking us out a la Marilyn Manson "playing guitar" in the Gave Up video)

eversonpoe
11-01-2012, 11:25 AM
well, he definitely appears to be playing the bass synth.

plusminus
11-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Video is awesome. I always loved the videos they did with the band together surrounded by gear in the past.

thefragile_jake
11-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Welp, not sure how I felt about that.. It just kind of feels like what this project has been since the beginning...something starts off "Oh, this could be interesting"...minute in..."Hrmm, they're losing me here"....song is finished....."Yeah, I don't know about that."

Of course this is just a little in studio video but I wish they would've done it for another track or something. Mariqueen at times looked as bored as me towards the end of the video.

snaapz
11-01-2012, 11:44 AM
That answers my "What is that sound hitting C (Fade in Fade out 8 hits) Plucked string or..?" question! Also an interesting machine seen, sliding a guitar pic along it...

Initial thought:

A very serious video, they appear to have a strong connection with the instruments & themselves in this vid. Good job Rob. MQ is amazing. It's as though they are channeling music; nothing but mind1, body and machine in this video. No distractions.

Makes me miss MTV & Much Music.

1. perception beyond ordinary

DVYDRNS
11-01-2012, 11:47 AM
This video made me actually kind of dig the song. what an interesting thought...

dominik
11-01-2012, 12:03 PM
I like how everything is blinking in the background :D

fortheloveofgod
11-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Great video. No doubt using Rob's Cannon 5D Mark III. Love the DOF in the shots. Gear is always cool.

dominik
11-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Haha, Trent just posted the link on Facebook and the first person who commented wrote "how bout the Fragile re-release.. eh? eh?".

I can't imagine how fucking annoying that must be as an artist :D

thefragile_jake
11-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Oops. My bad. :P
'Twas a joke of course.

dominik
11-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Oops. My bad. :P
'Twas a joke of course.

Just because of your "joke" Trent now needs a new keyboard.

thefragile_jake
11-01-2012, 12:20 PM
Wouldn't be the first time, without hearing Letting You and only reading the lyrics I wrote on ETS that I thought the lyrics by themself sounded kind of stupid...he then went on to tell me my face was stupid. :'(

jessamineny
11-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Someone on vimeo says the instrument Rob is playing is the ondes martenot, FWIW

Maximilian
11-01-2012, 12:38 PM
I can't keep myself from wishing it was something good like "We're in This Together"

PhoenixML
11-01-2012, 12:55 PM
I wasn't expecting anything, but now I want a live version, like The Slip DVD. Maybe the song will be better?

I'm pretty sure the song will make "more sense" with other songs' vibe-ish sound, but alone, I'm still not digging it.

Collin
11-01-2012, 01:14 PM
I liked the visuals, and there was some nice video work. Like when Trent was out-of-focus in the foreground when he first comes in with his vocal part. Or the way that you see lots of close-ups, but the end has that final reveal shot where they're all in frame, that looks cool. As for the song, well, its still kinda lame. I will admit, seeing them perform the individual parts improves it slightly. Still, hope other tracks on the EP are better.

DigitalChaos
11-01-2012, 01:27 PM
ok god fucking damn it. this has to be Rob trolling us with his sensitivity to things like the oxford comma:

http://dc.moose.cc/temp/hTdA-20121101-103040.jpg

Bluegirl
11-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Rob playing an instrument is the most interesting part to me. That, however, does not say much because I have never been a singles person. I find I appreciate songs in the context of an album then by itself. Even old NIN singles.

screwdriver
11-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Rob playing an instrument is the most interesting part to me. That, however, does not say much because I have never been a singles person. I find I appreciate songs in the context of an album then by itself. Even old NIN singles.

is the audio actually them playing? I could only hear it on my laptop speakers, and only got to hear about the first minute, but other than the little bass splooge and drum glitches at the start, it sounded pretty identical to the recording.

LexTron6K
11-01-2012, 01:51 PM

Actually that's a French Connection CV controller that Rob is playing, and it looks like he's using it to control that massive Serge (?) modular synth that's in front of it. And it sounds fucking fantastic.

jessamineny
11-01-2012, 01:51 PM
is the audio actually them playing? I could only hear it on my laptop speakers, and only got to hear about the first minute, but other than the little bass splooge and drum glitches at the start, it sounded pretty identical to the recording.
It is not a live audio performance

konstantin
11-01-2012, 01:58 PM
they seem so engrossed in whatever they're doing, they're practically the poster boys of "keeping it together".

BrokenSpiral
11-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Kinda took me back to the old gave up video

theimage13
11-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Is there a download of this available? Internet connection here can't handle the streaming video - even when it's buffered! Would love to just watch the download bar spiral for a couple hours and then watch this smoothly.

jessamineny
11-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Is there a download of this available? Internet connection here can't handle the streaming video - even when it's buffered! Would love to just watch the download bar spiral for a couple hours and then watch this smoothly.

I have used this to download a vimeo video before:
http://downloadvimeo.com

fillow
11-01-2012, 02:34 PM
...still not listening or watching this till the full EP is out... but goddamnit I want to!

simonn
11-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Really enjoyed that. If enjoyed is the right word. Very serious video, but cool nonetheless. I certainly didn't have Rob down as the keyboard player until the very end of it. I just wanted Q to break out into a big grin at the end of it, but sadly no....

r_z
11-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Rob playing an instrument is the most interesting part to me.

I think it's just a case of "Oh well, since he's in the band we'll just let him play that one simple part where we have not enough musicians for...". Kinda what Q did in one of the teaser videos for the EP when "BBB" was playing...

gorast
11-01-2012, 03:09 PM
I wonder if Rob will be playing instruments on stage on a regular basis.

I enjoyed the video, thought it was well-made. I feel like it continued the trend of "Let's keep Trent out of the shots as much as possible" that HTDA has done since they formed.

sheepdean
11-01-2012, 03:10 PM
I am never normally a fan of performance videos, but as this is the first time we've seen the band collective playing a song in full, fucking awesome.

But I also really wanted Q to crack a huge grin at the end, maybe I watch too much VH1.

arsenic
11-01-2012, 03:16 PM
soon there might be another video. Today's video is not the same 2.40:1 aspect ratio as the screenshot (http://instagram.com/p/RK6W5tkKA4/) posted on instagram a while ago.

Elke
11-01-2012, 03:42 PM
I've been out of the game for too long it seems. I came here to be all happy and squeeing about the video, and reading through this thread reminded me that oh, yes, that's right: we're all NIN fans here. We hate everything Trent has ever done that wasn't that one song on that one album we liked way back when. Pft.

Anyway, I love it. I love the feel of the song, and I LOVE that it's going absolutely nowhere. It's got some tension which keeps it interesting, yet at the same time it's boring enough to be almost ambient (but not quite). As per usual, the lyrics are balls, but whatever. It's still no Deep.
And I love the video: it's cool, it's nerdy, it has very little Trent and ATTICUS! looking so cool and Q. OH. MY. GOD. She sings like a wounded rabbit, but they found a way to make that part of the sound so it actually works, but she looks soooooo foxy. (See what I did there?)

Looking forward to hearing more.

Rdm
11-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Pretty basic for what I have to say. I think the song is good, the video is awesome and I can't wait for a tour announcement.

I think people who are hard on the song have to ask their selves a question " would you be so hard on it if it was released by someone who is not Trent Reznor?

WorzelG
11-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Loved the video - was it filmed by Tamar Levine?

I find with the song, I love it while listening to it, but it doesn't stay in my mind for very long (I might just have that sort of mind).

Pitchfork need some new tags, this is just tagged as 'how to destroy angels', 'nine inch nails', 'trent reznor' - which belies the point he was getting across in techdirt!

eversonpoe
11-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Actually that's a French Connection CV controller that Rob is playing, and it looks like he's using it to control that massive Serge (?) modular synth that's in front of it. And it sounds fucking fantastic.

pretty sure that's what Atticus is doing. rob is definitely playing the ondes martenot.

somethingelse
11-01-2012, 06:17 PM
I watched this clip in my phone with no sound and it looks fantastic.
I love the visual ambiance portrayed in the studio.
And hot DAMN what I wouldn't give to be let loose in that candy store.

(So I can play with the dogs and admire the pretty lighting)

butter_hole
11-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Loved the video. Interested to see what it looks like in a full, live setting.

sheepdean
11-01-2012, 06:26 PM
pretty sure that's what Atticus is doing. rob is definitely playing the ondes martenot.
Indeed, the wrist tat is the clue

edit: and screenshot showing all 4 members at work, because I got bored http://fuckyeahatticusross.tumblr.com/post/34772699970/how-to-destroy-angels-left-to-right-rob

my voice just
11-01-2012, 06:47 PM
it doesn't stay in my mind for very long
admit it: you just can`t keep it together

konstantin
11-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Loved the video - was it filmed by Tamar Levine?

that would be my guess. even though the aesthetic is consistent with what Rob's been doing.

BTW is Atticus' wife involved with the project in any way? this is turning into such a family oriented business all around.

Camille
11-01-2012, 07:01 PM
The video is cool, I like it. Really looking forward to the release of the E.P.

DigitalChaos
11-01-2012, 07:06 PM
I am also wondering who shot it. There are only 4 people listed as members. The only credits for the production were to HTDA

r_z
11-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Huh? I'd think they shot it themselves. Except for the end (which could have easily been shot with the help of a tripod) there are never all members in the frame. This surely allowed it for the others to hold the cam.

sheepdean
11-01-2012, 08:11 PM
I wonder if there's a reason that video1 is only on youtube and video2 is only on vimeo.

And I wonder how many people forgot there was already a video for this :P

october_midnight
11-01-2012, 08:29 PM
TR just posted a comment on FB saying 'preorder coming tomorrow (I think).' Quickly removed, but yeah...

Jebus
11-01-2012, 08:33 PM

The French Connection is CV controller based on the ondes martenot.

It's not a true Ondes Martenot in that it does not generate its own sound. It's just a controller that feeds into an external sound generator (in this case a massive modular synth of awesome).

But, saying it's one over the other does become pedantic, so I'm willing to just call it either or. No need to get overly technical.

I have no earthly idea what Atticus is using in this video.

orestes
11-01-2012, 08:42 PM

No, it's an Analogue Systems French Connection, like in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghOOmr578Wk

BRoswell
11-01-2012, 09:21 PM
Trent posted the video on his Facebook page. The response has led him to issue the following statement:

I see there's lots of cunts on FB...

Frozen Beach
11-01-2012, 09:28 PM
I did a spit take when I saw Trent post that.

Shnoorum
11-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Was really hoping it was gonna be a new song posted today (regardless how unlikely it was) but after watching the video I was pleasantly suprised regardless of my expectations. It's really beautifully shot. Also loving Trents comment. They were all being really dickish about it. If you don't like HTDA, fine. Just dont be whiney little assholes about it. No matter who you are it isn't particularly nice to put so much time and effort into something new and get such douchey feed back about it

thefragile_jake
11-01-2012, 10:59 PM
That Trent comment made me laugh.

sick among the pure
11-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Is it just me or do the voclas not quite synch up with Trent and Q's movement at points? I'm not talking about the layers of echos that would likely be pre-recorded loops played. I'm not sure if I'm watching a live performance, or them performing with the audio from the track (changed at times to go with the added beginning, etc) layed over top?

As for the FB being full of cunts, while I completely agree, I would think Trent would be (unfortunately) used to this by now. As passionate as his fans can be, there are some dicks out there that seem to want to ruin things. I mean, how many hot lighters and water bottles were thrown at him at his own shows, by "fans" who like his work enough to spend money for floor tickets. I hate that those fans exist, but they do, and they have, and I'm surprised Trent isn't expecting that from some of them by now.

Leviathant
11-01-2012, 11:22 PM
You can expect it and still be disappointed by it. And then you can relax at ETS where we're mostly cunt-free. Seriously, seeing all the Facebook garbage reminds me of how much I like the people here.

As far as timing - compare this video to The Hand That Feeds video. Same concept - essentially miming to the studio track. There was probably live audio in the studio, but they chose to go with the studio track. There are going to be some miscues.

thefragile_jake
11-01-2012, 11:30 PM
The more I watch this, I realize I actually like it moreso than The Space in Between video, the concept is better as wide eyed Mariqueen singing catching on fire always kind of struck me as unintentionally funny.

Still not sure how I feel about the song though.

bgalbraith
11-01-2012, 11:47 PM
I really enjoyed the visual direction and production of the video. I also found it amusing the way Trent appears disgruntled, the way he's looking off to the side. Like, "Man, am I really singing backup?"

DigitalChaos
11-02-2012, 12:02 AM
Trent posted the video on his Facebook page. The response has led him to issue the following statement:

I see there's lots of cunts on FB...

I really hope he isn't taking any of the stupid comments seriously. I was sad when I saw the twitter meltdown a few years back. I loved reading his updates. For lots of people, its a requirement for them to post something negative. For others, it's an ego thing to talk bullshit to others. Add in a celebrity status and the just can't resist.

DigitalChaos
11-02-2012, 12:09 AM
If anyone wants the direct link to Trent's comment: https://www.facebook.com/treznor/posts/133761196772142?comment_id=244270&offset=0&total_comments=227 126 likes and counting!

sheepdean
11-02-2012, 12:29 AM
As far as timing - compare this video to The Hand That Feeds video. Same concept - essentially miming to the studio track. There was probably live audio in the studio, but they chose to go with the studio track. There are going to be some miscues.
I'm hoping they'll go The Slip style and give us some studio-live tracks - the chances of them touring outside of the US this time round is slim to none, so SOMETHING live would be nice.

butter_hole
11-02-2012, 02:08 AM
i really doubt trent is TOO upset.

simonn
11-02-2012, 03:34 AM
I'm hoping they'll go The Slip style and give us some studio-live tracks - the chances of them touring outside of the US this time round is slim to none, so SOMETHING live would be nice.

Unfortunately, I think you're right about no UK tour. Would love that a 'live/studio DVD too' - The Slip rehearsal DVD is one of my most played DVD's of all time. Epic.

WorzelG
11-02-2012, 05:35 AM
^^^
I still think that fact that the first interview (only interview so far?) about this was on the UK's Radio 1 and signing to Columbia to get more international clout a la the Prague example, means they intend for this to be liked / listened to outside just the US and that would include an international tour of some sort

lloyd_dhr
11-02-2012, 06:12 AM
http://thequietus.com/articles/10553-listen-how-to-destroy-angels_-keep-it-together-factory-floor-remix
Factory Floor remix of Keep It Together, downloadable from HTDA's Soundcloud page.

sheepdean
11-02-2012, 06:33 AM
http://thequietus.com/articles/10553-listen-how-to-destroy-angels_-keep-it-together-factory-floor-remix
Factory Floor remix of Keep It Together, downloadable from HTDA's Soundcloud page.
Interesting, this track downloads as A1, to go with B1 from the previous remix ... could this mean the remixes will be released as a standalone? Even a remix EP?
Also, this is so much better than the Dave Sitek one, I'm actually going to listen to his more than once.

Camille
11-02-2012, 06:52 AM

Thank you for the heads-up.

fortheloveofgod
11-02-2012, 08:15 AM
Interesting, this track downloads as A1, to go with B1 from the previous remix ... could this mean the remixes will be released as a standalone? Even a remix EP?
Also, this is so much better than the Dave Sitek one, I'm actually going to listen to his more than once.

Cool. Something with a beat! I like this one.

simonn
11-02-2012, 08:47 AM
^^^
I still think that fact that the first interview (only interview so far?) about this was on the UK's Radio 1 and signing to Columbia to get more international clout a la the Prague example, means they intend for this to be liked / listened to outside just the US and that would include an international tour of some sort

Agreed, but I think they'll do a handful of US dates for the EP, and then we might get a couple of UK dates in the touring cycle of the album. Shepherds Bush Empire size places I would say. All I ask is the dates if any aren't them tacked onto some festival bill somewhere, please!!!

jrdsctt
11-02-2012, 08:57 AM
A varied in color image was also uploaded with the remix: http://new.assets.thequietus.com/images/articles/10553/HTDA_1351845341_crop_550x487.jpeg

thelastdisciple
11-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Hearing the vocals on the Factory Floor remix, eh... they just clash so much on there in my opinion and don't make any sense being there at all outside the fact that it's a remix...

You have this real fast uppity beat with these slow vocals, just doesn't mix at all for me.

jrdsctt
11-02-2012, 09:13 AM
If anyone want to see Trent call Facebook people "cunts": http://i.imgur.com/uHSrR.jpg

snaapz
11-02-2012, 09:58 AM
If anyone want to see Trent call Facebook people "cunts": http://i.imgur.com/uHSrR.jpg

I've gotten in over my head and trolled way in the past, I quickly learned how fucking stupid & selfish it is. Not only stupid & selfish but it's insulting to the band and the fans who truly appreciate the work & want to participate in the discussion. An opinion of "Not my style of music" is ok and all, but there are some dick comments in there. Motherfuckers act like they forgot about Tre. I hope the band can see past the tolling and see just how much positive support they do have.

I'm not trying to kiss ass, but... fuck.. HTDA so far sounds and looks really good.

seasonsinthesky
11-02-2012, 11:32 AM

indeed, A1/B1 mark the two primed for a 7" vinyl release. can't say i'm into either one, though, so i won't be buying.

new video is super cool. i was nerdgasming at the gear the whole time!

Damion
11-02-2012, 02:51 PM
I don't post much and I love HTDA as well as the video and song of keep it together, but WTF is with this crappy house-esqe dance remix. Corny bass line and the vocals just appear to be thrown in where ever.

Someone please tell me that the CEO of Columbia's kid pulled a favor to get this remix released. Its crap.

I remember when remixes broke new ground and were interesting, now they're just dumbed down and annoying :(

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!

Harry Seaward
11-02-2012, 03:39 PM
I don't post much and I love HTDA as well as the video and song of keep it together, but WTF is with this crappy house-esqe dance remix. Corny bass line and the vocals just appear to be thrown in where ever.

Someone please tell me that the CEO of Columbia's kid pulled a favor to get this remix released. Its crap.

I remember when remixes broke new ground and were interesting, now they're just dumbed down and annoying :(

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!

Last I checked, there have always been shitty and forgettable remixes.

LexTron6K
11-02-2012, 04:12 PM

Behold, the Analogue Systems French Connection:

http://www.analoguesystems.co.uk/Reviews/fconnection_review.htm

Basically the French Connection is a recreation of the Martenot controller. I believe the Johnny Greenwood had something to do with the creation of this controller, as he (rightfully so) did not want to take his Ondes Martenot on tour, preferring to leave it safe and at home or in the studio.

It appeared to me that it was most certainly Rob playing the French Connection/Martenot, not Atticus, and furthermore it appeared me that it was a French Connection that was used as a controller for what looked like a Serge Modular system right in front of it. The bass-line sound that Rob was making with the unit sure as shit don't sound like anything I've ever heard an Ondes Martinet make, and at the same time very much sounded like what I've come to find is very much the type of tone that Serge systems create.

wizfan
11-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Agreed, the PHM era had lots of unlistenable HLAH/Sin/Down in It remixes. And yeah, that seven minute Factory Floor remix was so bad, I stopped listening halfway through and just skimmed through for any interesting parts. None.

The music video helped me appreciate the song more. It still feels a little bit underwhelming to me, but it was interesting to see more of their production process; at one point I was like, "wait, that 'baoo baoo baoo' sound was made by a GUITAR this whole time? Whoa!". Nice to see that Rob provides musical contributions, too. I had forgotten about the THTF music video and how it has the same concept as this one. But that's actually a good thing, since you can see the contrast between the NIN live rehearsals and the HTDA sound noodling. I bet Tamar gave a hand in shooting this, too.

Also, THTF had this "shot on Quicktime"-ish look, compressed and zoomed in on purpose, while the WT band photos were crisp and clear (with Rob's occasional "visual glitches"). On the other hand, Keep it Together is shot in excellent HD video and the band photos have this video effect all over them.

Horican
11-02-2012, 05:17 PM
I think this remix is crazy awesome actually, and i'm on my fourth listen of it right now.
but i also liked the me im not remix from YZR so maybe i just have crappy taste

WorzelG
11-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Saw the message from Trent saying pre order tomorrow - I'm guessing should be within a few hours then? I'm hoping flac files will be available plus some normal mp3 ones for my ipod. I'm wondering now how being on a label will affect what is available for purchase, although everything that has happened so far would have happened just the same if they hadn't been on a label - perhaps the label will be more involved for the full LP release and the EP is just testing the waters?

ninperu
11-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Saw the message from Trent saying pre order tomorrow - I'm guessing should be within a few hours then? I'm hoping flac files will be available plus some normal mp3 ones for my ipod. I'm wondering now how being on a label will affect what is available for purchase, although everything that has happened so far would have happened just the same if they hadn't been on a label - perhaps the label will be more involved for the full LP release and the EP is just testing the waters?

what message?

WorzelG
11-02-2012, 05:55 PM
^^^
just a message on facebook, someone mentioned it in this thread and thought it had been deleted, but I saw it a few minutes ago (he said 'i think' himself) was posted 21 hours ago

allegro
11-02-2012, 09:44 PM
This just showed up on my Twitter feed via BuzzFeed and ... gotta admit ... the video translates this song a lot better via my new iPad Mini. Video definitely improves the vibe and I guess I "get" it, now, whereas I totally did not, before.

http://bzfd.it/SEWOHM

sheepdean
11-02-2012, 10:25 PM
I would like to point out that I totally fucking called it https://twitter.com/destroyangels/status/264540672512634881

FernandoDante
11-02-2012, 11:15 PM
I would like to point out that I totally fucking called it https://twitter.com/destroyangels/status/264540672512634881
Welp, hope they change their mind for the LP.

jessamineny
11-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Welp, hope they change their mind for the LP.

They're saying the shipping cost is so high because there are two records in the package instead of one. (Read their next tweet: "We wanted it to be a pleasant surprise, but were caught off guard by the resulting higher shipping costs, so we’re letting you know")

But Topspin shipping costs are always very high to begin with. Clearly the band is doing something this time, at least, to make ordering directly worth it.

neorev
11-03-2012, 05:49 PM
maybe i'm late... but was this video posted...
http://vimeo.com/52603601

can't seem to find it

i mean, i see you guys talking about it... but didn't actually see the link posted
maybe i overlooked it, apologize in advance

Lutz
11-16-2012, 04:08 AM
ZOMG Trent has a neck again.

Reaps
11-16-2012, 05:15 AM
Now that the Vimeo video is downloadable and i ripped the audio to flac, what should i call this version? Video Mix, Studio Version, Pretend Live Mix?

BRoswell
11-16-2012, 06:33 AM
Now that the Vimeo video is downloadable and i ripped the audio to flac, what should i call this version? Video Mix, Studio Version, Pretend Live Mix?

I called mine "Keep It Together (Video Version)". V followed by V just sounds nice.

DigitalChaos
11-16-2012, 06:48 PM
@rob_sheridan
Impressed that someone on Vimeo noticed that our @destroyangels video for "Keep it together" is an homage to New Order's "Perfect Kiss" vid.

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/269384917736120322

Warped_Savant
11-16-2012, 09:52 PM
Dumb question, but what program did you use to rip the audio from the video?

butter_hole
11-16-2012, 11:02 PM
is the audio actually different?

edit - oh der of course it is.

Reaps
11-17-2012, 07:21 AM
Dumb question, but what program did you use to rip the audio from the video?

I downloaded the .Mov file version of the video and converted it to FLAC with Format Factory.

seasonsinthesky
11-17-2012, 02:08 PM
^ the problem being that it's a lossy-encoded AAC, so the FLAC is just preserving all the quality chops of the original encode.

usually someone around here extracts the direct stream, which is always the best option. re-encodes always degrade.

neorev
11-29-2012, 03:36 PM
found a promo online for Keep It Together with two remixes...

Keep It Together (Factory Floor remix) (7:20)
Keep It Together (Dave Sitek remix) (4:36)

anyone see this?

eversonpoe
11-29-2012, 03:46 PM
found a promo online for Keep It Together with two remixes...

Keep It Together (Factory Floor remix) (7:20)
Keep It Together (Dave Sitek remix) (4:36)

anyone see this?

that's the promo 12" that came with the orders of "An Omen_" directly from the band.

neorev
11-29-2012, 03:48 PM
^^oh sweet, thanks!^^
gonna check it out now

sheepdean
11-29-2012, 05:26 PM
I'd like to add, if you want those remixes without buying the vinyl for a billion dollars or whatever it's eBaying at atm, they're both on soundcloud for free.