PDA

View Full Version : Ghosts Vinyl Warping

pigpen
09-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Hey guys, I just had a question as to whether or not any of you have had an issue with the vinyl for Ghosts warping?
Mine is warped, and it looks to be a direct result of how the 4 lps are kind of stuffed into the jacket and then pinched closed on the spine..

GoodSoldier333
09-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Funny you should bring that up. Yes actually, so is mine. All 4 of the LPs are tightly stuffed in there and they never close normally without some part of the packaging protruding out. A tiny piece of 2 of my 4 vinyls are warped. It didn't seem like the packaging was well-intact from day 1 of me getting it.

uroboros
09-23-2012, 01:41 PM
I bought and exchanged four copies of Ghosts vinyl. Three were warped and cracked. The last only had a slight warp and I just said, "to helll w it". Guess I shoulda got the super uber deluxe collectors geek fan edition.

pigpen
09-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Yeah, mine are warped, but not it's not AWFUL, a bummer for sure though. I just took one of the records out and put it behind the jacket in the plastic sleeve to alleviate stress..

eversonpoe
09-24-2012, 04:03 PM
i have both the LE version and the regular version. my regular version came from bestbuy.com, the package was bent at two corners when it arrived, and the records definitely sound inferior to the LE version. i haven't looked super closely at them to see if they're warped, especially since i only listened to them once to compare sound quality, but i'm sure they're not in perfect shape.

heavenly_bearded
09-24-2012, 09:02 PM
When the limited release came out, many were warped. Nin.com sent out replacements to those who complained free of charge.

The Reason Being
09-24-2012, 09:32 PM
Yeah I was always quite frustrated by how tightly you had to force the records back in those sleeves. Haven't had any warping so far but the way they're packaged has caused some pretty visible and ringwear on the cover. Only vinyl i've had with that problem so far.

trollmanen
09-26-2012, 10:57 PM
Just checked mine (never actually listened to them). Mine aren't warped, but they do have spots and marks on some sides, but it doesn't effect the play. Of all 4 vinyls, I noticed one mark during 34 Ghosts that does make the left channel distort some for about 20 seconds. I put the standard version on after to check between the two pressings and used 31 Ghosts as a reference (playing on KRK 8's). The standard version was actually quieter than I expected (no surface noise at all), but when you put the deluxe version on, it's a lot louder, though I didn''t really notice any difference in frequencies though. Considering it was recorded digitally and released in 24/96, I'll probably stick with that version.

seasonsinthesky
09-28-2012, 10:50 AM
in the future, any records with tight fits in the jacket should be stored outside of it. assuming you have transparent 'dust warrior' sleeves to put your records in, you can just put the LPs in the bag behind the jacket. (also, it pays to ask them to ship it to you this way!)

frankie teardrop
10-10-2012, 01:50 PM
a tip for vinyl collectors- all LPs should be stored with the record behind the sleeve, in a dust jacket/plastic sleeve. helps prevent ringwear on the sleeve itself, and in this case, warping!