PDA

View Full Version : Sigil 03_: An omen EP_

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

slave2thewage
09-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Trent is the one every single member of this forum is a fan of.
I'm just here for Mariqueen.

PQHooligan
09-22-2012, 10:17 PM
I don't listen to any music unless it's on a phonograph cylinder

With this video, let's end all worry/discussion about any listening devices/media/otherwise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5-rGN0ou_4

henryeatscereal
09-22-2012, 10:32 PM
I like the fact that he's making us choose between Vinyl and Download: "Commit or just listen, your choice..."

slave2thewage
09-22-2012, 10:36 PM
I legitimately want it to be released on cassette.

jessamineny
09-22-2012, 10:37 PM
I like the fact that he's making us choose between Vinyl and Download: "Commit or just listen, your choice..."

This reminded me... Someone asked Rob on Twitter if he should preorder from Amazon, or wait to buy the vinyl from the HTDA store. Rob suggested that he wait... so I assume if you buy the vinyl directly from the band, it will come with a digital download.

k'sandra
09-22-2012, 11:42 PM
maybe the lack of a CD for the EP is simply Trent being considerate. There will likely be a CD to accompany the full LP release. And he doesn't want us to have to buy the same thing twice. That's ok for vinyl collectors, cuz face it they've got more money than the average fan and/or will buy every little thing he puts out just so their collection is complete.

I miss CDs mostly because living purely digitally robs me of the physical artwork.

@robsheridan "We're viewing this as more of a collective than a band. I'm primarily visuals but it'll make more sense live." This. This part has me almost as excited as the music. But I doubt they'll venture far from LA, not with little ones at home. So I'll never get to see it. Sigh.

Deadpool
09-23-2012, 12:23 AM
When Trent was in full control of the entire chain, there were no leaks.

With Columbia being involved, we got the name and track listing of the EP well before it was announced. The Amazon pre-order page prematurely displayed the promo photo of the band before the official announcement. Since the EP is not being pressed to CD, one of the major avenues for leakage doesn't exist, but if there are promo CDs made, I think there will be a collector feeding frenzy on those.

I think that if there's a leak of the EP, it would be at most a day or two before release, and even then, that will be a crappy vinyl rip.

Great observation. Amongst this whole "I Wish There Was a CD / Who Cares That There's Not a CD" argument, I think you hit on what's probably the main reason the band is only doing a vinyl and digital release: a potential leak is much more in control that way. The vinyl option is there for collectors and people who want a physical copy, and then there's always the possibility a CD will be manufactured for the LP, like everyone else has said. The biggest shock about signing to Columbia for me was the question of the leak(s). Trent has been so effective at avoiding that problem that it seemed like a step backwards... but they've definitely found some kind of loophole. Furthermore, signing to a label has to make more sense in that there's a lot less money coming out of the band's own pocket. This new partnership also suggests to me that there's less of a chance we'll get a free EP or LP download, which is fine. We've been spoiled.

bobbie solo
09-23-2012, 12:33 AM
vinyls

yeeeesh

10 characters

Leviathant
09-23-2012, 01:29 AM
yeeeesh

10 characters

If you have to add garbage to your post to make it past ten characters because your post consists entirely of a single word reply to a single word quote, don't bother posting.

Nora Can Cans
09-23-2012, 02:05 AM
The price of the LP will most likely dictate my choice as I would only purchase it for the artwork.
I would pay ten bucks at most for a CD copy coupled with digital release.
Once I have my ears wrapped around some versatile high quality audio files, I hardly care about any physical representations.

Magtig
09-23-2012, 03:12 AM
It feels like 1990 up in here with all this talk of Compact Discs.

I'm going to go cut myself now.

Amaro
09-23-2012, 03:55 AM
I like getting CDs to continue filling the shelf. Plain and simple. 80s kid, very sentimental. Every CD is at least a memory.

I can imagine it's a relief to go straight digital but I also don't have my digital self well organized, never have. I'll get there someday. Highest quality backups and all. But I still won't get rid of my CDs or stop wanting them.

Pretty understandable, ya fuckers.

(New music format thread...?)

carpenoctem
09-23-2012, 08:12 AM
Why does everyone who is against Blu-ray/HD make the "sweat and pores" argument, as if that's the only reason to watch something in HD?

Because no one I've heard argue for Blu Ray has made a convincing argument past the whole "but, look at the mole on his lower left butt cheek! It's like I can reach out and touch it!" I'd shill out more for better quality music, as an audiophile, but not for better quality images - I just don't see the appeal. Same with 3D. Why should I be expected to pay more for a way of viewing a film that won't add anything to it?

Leviathant
09-23-2012, 09:34 AM
Because no one I've heard argue for Blu Ray has made a convincing argument past the whole "but, look at the mole on his lower left butt cheek! It's like I can reach out and touch it!" I'd shill out more for better quality music, as an audiophile, but not for better quality images - I just don't see the appeal. Same with 3D. Why should I be expected to pay more for a way of viewing a film that won't add anything to it?

If you're watching movies with moley butt-cheeks, BluRay isn't the format for you. But when you're watching something like the Planet Earth series, the difference is worth it, in my opinion. You won't hear me arguing for 3D, but I'm down with higher resolution imagery. BluRay not only has higher resolution, but the compression doesn't create nearly as much artifacting as the MPG compression used on DVDs. Colors are brighter, edges more defined. But hey, if DVD's good enough for you, I'm not going to change your mind. My wife's the same way, doesn't care if it's in HD or not - and if you're sitting on a couch opposite a 32" screen than it doesn't really matter all that much if it's 1080p or 720p - although I can definitely notice 480p vs 720p. Likewise with YouTube - if higher resolution is available, I bump that up. Totally getting off topic though, and I'm wondering if it's worth splitting this talk about media into a separate thread.

talkingnothing
09-23-2012, 10:49 AM
when you're watching something like the Planet Earth series, the difference is worth it, in my opinion.
Totally agree

Totally getting off topic though, and I'm wondering if it's worth splitting this talk about media into a separate thread.
yes

When it comes to the new ep, I have mixed feelings about getting to hear tracks before it comes out. sometimes when a band lets loose a single, or early track of some kind, I listen the shit out of it because I'm so excited to hear something. then when the full release comes I sometimes have the urge to skip that/those track/s. this gets compounded when it happens to be the first track because it's so easy to jump in on track 2.
The effect may be somewhat lessened if early tracks surface closer to full release.

on the other hand... I WANT TO HEAR NEW HTDA SONGS!!

also, sadly, I still hate the name of this band. the acronym is fine, but i just can't get on board with the full name. feels kinda cheesey, coil reference or not. LOVE the music though

DigitalChaos
09-23-2012, 06:25 PM
If you're watching movies with moley butt-cheeks, BluRay isn't the format for you.
http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/gizmos/2004/02/avert_your_eyes.html

BluRay not only has higher resolution, but the compression doesn't create nearly as much artifacting as the MPG compression used on DVDs. Colors are brighter, edges more defined.
Whatever dude, it's still digital. Nothing will replace that incredible warmth, clarity, and insane visual detail of analog VHS.

sheepdean
09-23-2012, 06:32 PM
If you want quality analogue performance, you should really be going for IMAX film, not a magnetic tape conversion, sheesh

Indefinite_Cure
09-23-2012, 10:24 PM
The site has been redesigned and it makes me think of....Yea...r...Zero

OH MY FUCKING HAMBURGARG!

snaapz
09-24-2012, 08:36 AM
The site has been redesigned and it makes me think of....Yea...r...Zero

OH MY FUCKING HAMBURGARG!

Yea! It's pretty awesome, Rob's good at what he does. I'm really excited to see more.

cahernandez
09-24-2012, 10:33 AM
When the debut by Them Crooked Vultures came out, it was available on vinyl for about $2 more than a digital download - and the vinyl actually came with a download code, so you could have the album on MP3, too. (In a twist of irony, the MP3s you could download were recorded from playback of the vinyl edition of the album - worst of both worlds!) If it's the year 2012, nearly 2013, and you're posting to a message board from any kind of capable computer, there's really no excuse for you don't have a portable digital playback device that does not require physical media.

You can get a 4gb iPod for $25 shipped (http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Apple-iPod-Mini-1st-Gen-Generation-4GB-MP3-Player-Blue-/251144234103?pt=Other_MP3_Players&hash=item3a795ce477) on eBay. That's how much The Fragile cost the month it debuted. That's how much one copy of the Deluxe Edition of the Downward Spiral costs.

This Christmas, do yourself a huge favor - get rid of your CD players, if you haven't already. The only CDs I have left are my NIN collection, mostly. They sit in a closet, collecting dust - not unlike my modest vinyl collection.

I'd disagree here, sir. I still have a CD collection that I began in 2000. That's 12 years. It's my most prized physical collection. Like theimage13 said, I understand that most people don't buy CDs anymore, I admit that most of the times I listen to my music either in an iPod or a computer, but there's nothing like still buying a CD and listening to it on the day of release, AND adding that CD to a growing collection. Like I said, I started this collection 12 years ago, it'd be a ton of money to start all over again with vinyl.

An option would be a LE CD release, a-la The Slip.

r_z
09-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Just give me the lossless option and I'm fine. Oh, and a pdf with artwork wouldn't hurt, either.

Really looking forward to the new music. "The Sleep of Reaseon..." will most likely be an instrumental piece, me thinks.

snaapz
09-24-2012, 12:14 PM
New Image!

http://blog.destroyangels.com/post/32203039284/taken-with-instagram?ref=nf

http://snaapz.bounceme.net/htda/HTDA_6.jpg

princessomega
09-24-2012, 12:26 PM
I missed out on the first HTDA lp released, so this time I have pre-ordered it from Amazon.
If they do decide to release something more interesting via their own store...by that I'm hoping for some more art and maybe a few autographs...then I shall cancel my amazon preorder. A photo book would be very interesting to accompany it all.
From the sounds of what Rob has been hinting at hes been doing a lot of artistic type of work on this project.
Its turning into an exciting fall already.

imail724
09-24-2012, 12:34 PM
Has this been posted?
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51zmoEMdUGL._SL500_.jpg

Shnoorum
09-24-2012, 12:46 PM
Has this been posted?
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51zmoEMdUGL._SL500_.jpg

Holy crap thats amazing. If thats the vinyl artwork I'm gonna have to seriously consider it. Even knowing that I'll never own or want a record player. I'll wait and see if Rob was hinting at the ability to buy both download and vinyl through the website and if that is the case, yoink

sheepdean
09-24-2012, 01:14 PM
I'm not preordering because I want to see if there'll be a destroyangels.com exclusive, but it's so difficult not to hit that button on Amazon

snaapz
09-24-2012, 01:22 PM
I think that may be the artwork..? Amazon is updated with it.

An ominous title, eerie artwork... track #6 "Speaking in tongues" has me freaked out a little too. I'm really curious to see what this track is.

Very interesting.

slave2thewage
09-24-2012, 01:26 PM
The artwork is giving me 80s, grimey, early industrial feelings. I love it.

spahn
09-24-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm not preordering because I want to see if there'll be a destroyangels.com exclusive, but it's so difficult not to hit that button on Amazon

i would definitely wait until htda website is updated with ordering info. it can't be that far from being updated seeing as we have a 11/13 release date coming up here pretty quickly. i always prefer to order from the artists website. they may receive more $$ from the sales of their website as opposed to going through amazon, although i could be totally wrong about that.

Shnoorum
09-24-2012, 01:29 PM
I wanna know what this EP is getting at with the artwork. I adore it though. I wonder if the video(s?) will shed any light or if it is just album art with no connection to anything else? So many damned questions, I must know!

sheepdean
09-24-2012, 01:36 PM
The music video for TSIB had Atticus watching an old CRT TV, and now all the art for this EP reflects CRT too. I wonder if there's a connection, or if I'm just smoking too much pot.

gorast
09-24-2012, 01:49 PM
I have the preorder on Amazon anyway, but I'm gonna cancel it the moment destroyangels.com updates with pre-order info. They don't charge you until it ships, so I figured no harm done.

That art is sick. I can't wait to have it in my hands.

snaapz
09-24-2012, 02:17 PM
I wanna know what this EP is getting at with the artwork. I adore it though. I wonder if the video(s?) will shed any light or if it is just album art with no connection to anything else? So many damned questions, I must know!

FEAR. A warning of something dangerous. The band will be telling us about en event that has been happening and what will follow. You have a choice, happiness or disaster. The person in the image probably chose disaster. (divination)

I like how Sheepdean made a TV connection with the TSIB video and what we are seeing now. The image looks like someone in a fenced area with their arm in the air. Not sure what we are seeing in the bottom right corner.

Findus
09-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Will there be an option to download the vinyl? I have a MakerBot 3D printer and have been eager to hear if Trent will be going this route.

http://youtu.be/KePsn29myeM

Deadpool
09-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Really looking forward to the new music. "The Sleep of Reaseon..." will most likely be an instrumental piece, me thinks.

Good call. I agree with the sentiment of not being terribly excited for an instrumental from HTDA (due only to the probability of it bearing too close a resemblance to Social Network/GDT/Ghosts). HOWEVER, like I believe sheepdean said, I'm way into an into instrumental from Destroy Angels if it means some lyric-less vox and any kind of nifty vocal manipulation/production that comes with it. Something along those lines would be welcome. In any case, I do think there's a distinction between the score work/Ghosts and the instrumentals that pepper NIN's catalogue, so I'm definitely open to an instrumental here or there from these guys.

The cover art is amazing. I love it - reminds me of that Rockstar game Manhunt. Seriously creepy and scary. The first EP had some downright creepy moments on "Space in Between" and "The Believers", and judging from the new art direction I can only guess that the new tunes will push the moody, horror sound... ideally with some "Fur Lined"-esque moments of danceability and catchiness?? So damn excited for November!

Shnoorum
09-24-2012, 02:42 PM
FEAR. A warning of something dangerous. The band will be telling us about en event that has been happening and what will follow. You have a choice, happiness or disaster. The person in the image probably chose disaster. (divination)

I like how Sheepdean made a TV connection with the TSIB video and what we are seeing now. The image looks like someone in a fenced area with their arm in the air. Not sure what we are seeing in the bottom right corner.

I suppose the name kind of answered some of my questions. Still I wanna know if the video is gonna link in with this artwork kind of like the Survivalism single. Goddamn do these guys now how to build hype up

jessamineny
09-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Re: album cover

The image looks like someone in a fenced area with their arm in the air. Not sure what we are seeing in the bottom right corner.

Looks like the person's head and torso.

cabezas
09-24-2012, 03:55 PM
*massive boner*

sheepdean
09-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Mariqueen just tweeted a HQ version of the art https://twitter.com/mariqueen/status/250350511092543488/photo/1/large

carpenoctem
09-24-2012, 05:17 PM
Cool artwork... I'm of two minds about it though. While the self-titled EP's artwork was bizarre and not very appealing, it at least established HTDA as a very separate entity from NIN, while the artwork for An Omen seems to hail much closer to YZ-era NIN... not sure how I feel about it yet. It's cool, just not original.

xfocalinx
09-24-2012, 05:43 PM
I've just going to leave this here, definitely the best moment of this thread.

Clearly I meant "relieving" but botched. MY MISTAKE!

Oblong Cheese
09-24-2012, 06:21 PM
So if we pre-order the vinyl from Amazon, do we get an MP3 download as well, or not?

blassster
09-24-2012, 06:31 PM
So if we pre-order the vinyl from Amazon, do we get an MP3 download as well, or not?

Wouldn't think so. Besides, amazon mp3s aren't even available here in Canada last time I checked (USA only?). Best thing to do is preorder from Amazon for now to secure a vinyl for yourself, then when it's up on HTDA official website order it there and cancel the Amazon one. I'm curious about shipping... sometimes Amazon ends up being less costly.

Even Rob said the official website is a better option, though we don't know what the reason is yet. Could be a download link for vinyl people.

PhoenixML
09-24-2012, 07:02 PM
So basically, the cover is a mix of Pretty Hate Machine and Year Zero.

blassster
09-24-2012, 07:10 PM
I see the parallels to YZ, but the difference to me is that the YZ art direction had a lot of digital corruption/glitches vs Omen's look of a distorted analog signal coming through an old TV.

butter_hole
09-24-2012, 07:36 PM
Cool artwork... I'm of two minds about it though. While the self-titled EP's artwork was bizarre and not very appealing
Because all of Weavers shit looks the same

The Reason Being
09-24-2012, 09:11 PM
At first glance I honestly thought "Zombies". Haha.

sick among the pure
09-25-2012, 12:36 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3lsdqNCMAEQbxm.jpg:large
Vinyl cover tweeted by Q

sick among the pure
09-25-2012, 12:37 AM
So basically, the cover is a mix of Pretty Hate Machine and Year Zero.

More like the AATCHB promo art Rob did, with glitched text.

butter_hole
09-25-2012, 01:30 AM
notice she said vinyl edition. not just cover art. maybe they're doing a different one for each version again.

jmtd
09-25-2012, 03:42 AM
£200 to see Reading and Leeds festival.

£200 for three full days, camping and parking. £90 for a day pass. The cure did a 2 hour set. Sadly nothing else that day looked interesting. Not sure you can blame the cure for that though.

joplinpicasso
09-25-2012, 06:58 AM
This actually looks like a photo of an already-edited graphic. I think Rob did something similar with the revamped PHM artwork.

jrdsctt
09-25-2012, 09:14 AM
I have the preorder on Amazon anyway, but I'm gonna cancel it the moment destroyangels.com updates with pre-order info. They don't charge you until it ships, so I figured no harm done.

That art is sick. I can't wait to have it in my hands.

I've got the same idea.

screwdriver
09-25-2012, 09:16 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3lsdqNCMAEQbxm.jpg:large
Vinyl cover tweeted by Q

This is giving me serious Videodrome vibes

Max Leo
09-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Cool artwork... I'm of two minds about it though. While the self-titled EP's artwork was bizarre and not very appealing, it at least established HTDA as a very separate entity from NIN, while the artwork for An Omen seems to hail much closer to YZ-era NIN... not sure how I feel about it yet. It's cool, just not original.

Yep, it looks too similar to previous works done by Rob for NIN. I expected something fresh and new since Trent said that he wanted the new HTDA's stuff to be very different to NIN's. The artwork for the first LP didn't look NINish at all, but this looks like a new single for WT or YZ. I hope the LP artwork will be far more original than this tbh.

jrdsctt
09-25-2012, 09:27 AM
Yep, it looks too similar to previous works done by Rob for NIN. I expected something fresh and new since Trent said that he wanted the new HTDA's stuff to be very different to NIN's. The artwork for the first LP didn't look NINish at all, but this looks like a new single for WT or YZ. I hope the LP artwork will be far more original than this tbh.

Wasn't the artwork for the first EP done by Mark Weaver? That would explain the different look. But as of now Rob is part of the HTDA collective. In some tweets he exchanged with Sheepdean, he hinted that when performing live he would actually be on stage (or something of the nature) doing some sort of live visual artish type thing.

Max Leo
09-25-2012, 09:53 AM
Wasn't the artwork for the first EP done by Mark Weaver? That would explain the different look. But as of now Rob is part of the HTDA collective. In some tweets he exchanged with Sheepdean, he hinted that when performing live he would actually be on stage (or something of the nature) doing some sort of live visual artish type thing.

Yeah, I know the previous cover was done by Weaver (or by Rob using Weaver's art), but I thought Rob would try to do something different for HTDA and not just a rip-off from his previous works for NIN.

Trent said that the new music would be very different to NIN's after some people complained about the first EP sounding too much like NIN's music, and if they are trying to do something really different to NIN, I don't understand why the new artwork looks exactly like the stuff that Rob did for WT or YZ.

I'm not saying that Rob's work isn't good or that they should look for a new graphic designer, but I think that Rob should look for a more personal look for HTDA's artwork. That cover and the new website look too similar to WT's and YZ's works, and according to Trent this is a new band, not NIN 2.0 with a girl singing, then I don't understand why Rob is not looking for a new look for the band's artwork instead of repeating the stuff he previosuly did for NIN.

But maybe this has been made too quickly for the EP and the artwork for the LP will be really different, I don't know. I certainly hope so.

And by "different" I don't mean "unicorns and rainbows" artwork, I like dark looking artwork, but this stuff is too simlar to NIN's.

sheepdean
09-25-2012, 09:58 AM
Maybe the inside of the vinyl (assuming it's gatefold) will explain more. For now: sure, it's similar to Rob's normal style, but maybe that's what the band decided on? He could've made 100 covers, but none fit as well with the music as this one.

buckaroo
09-25-2012, 10:31 AM
i may be in the minority, but i'm not a fan of the cover. i love the cover artwork for the original ep and thought it fit well and distanced the band from nin. looking at this i would actually be surprised if it wasn't related to year zero in some way. year zero was a blue cover of a hand with some distortion of the image and this is a blue cover with a hand and some distortion of the image. hopefully it makes more sense in context, but it is really setting people up for disappointment by being so similar to nin when the music very well may be completely different. we'll see. still very excited to hear this.

sick among the pure
09-25-2012, 10:36 AM
But maybe this has been made too quickly for the EP and the artwork for the LP will be really different, I don't know. I certainly hope so.

After someone mentioned the visual link to (I can't remember the name of) the iPhone app where you take a picture, and it displays that picture on an old screen, then takes a picture of the screen and sends it to you, Rob was all "I did it first" and said he started on these visuals before that app came out. Which means all of this art was done a long-ass time ago.

jrdsctt
09-25-2012, 11:29 AM
After someone mentioned the visual link to (I can't remember the name of) the iPhone app where you take a picture, and it displays that picture on an old screen, then takes a picture of the screen and sends it to you, Rob was all "I did it first" and said he started on these visuals before that app came out. Which means all of this art was done a long-ass time ago.

The app is called InstaCRT

jmtd
09-27-2012, 05:48 AM
"rip off"? Seriously? So it resembles some of his other work. How can he be ripping off himself? For the record I think it looks ace, a natural progression of some of his style elements and BETTER: much preferred to yz/slip era, much more like tsn/tgwtdt (note: neither are NIN)

Horican
09-27-2012, 06:11 AM
It doesn't feel that NIN-like to me. I mean it has glitches and all, but those aren't really NINventions. It's a similar aesthetic, but it gives me a different feel from YZ or WT. It seems more dark, haunting and mysterious (it reminds me of Videodrome, and I'm not the first one to say that). If I have to compare it to NIN, it actually reminds me of the grittiness of all of the broken era videos and especially the Broken film.

my voice just
09-27-2012, 06:22 AM
looking at this i would actually be surprised if it wasn't related to year zero in some way. year zero was a blue cover of a hand with some distortion of the image and this is a blue cover with a hand and some distortion of the image.
maybe it is ARG?..

witte
09-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Arturia make great sounding plug-ins but their copy protection is shitty and their "customer support" is even worse.

Studio rage, sorry.

I'm a nerd.
What are they doing? Recording more songs? I thought the album was finished. :)

my voice just
09-27-2012, 06:01 PM
What are they doing?
once trent start he cannot stop himself, you know

scorpiusdiamond
09-27-2012, 06:47 PM
Arturia make great sounding plug-ins but their copy protection is shitty and their "customer support" is even worse.

Studio rage, sorry.

I'm a nerd.

Could be NIN stuff... he says hopefully...

R-Dot-Yung
09-27-2012, 07:40 PM
once trent start he cannot stop himself, you know

You win the most points.

witte
09-28-2012, 04:19 AM
Could be NIN stuff... he says hopefully...

Nah, don't think so. The HTDA site shows a "plug-ins" pic too.
Hopefully they decided to create more tracks. Now they got more inspiration and more time to concentrate on the music (the record company takes a lot of bureaucratic shit away from them and the full length album will "only" appear begin 2013). "more air to breath" ;)

simonn
09-28-2012, 06:39 AM
Personally I assumed this was NIN stuff, as he's meant to be writing stuff for the next album at the moment isn't he? I'm kinda assuming the HTDA is done, just decided to not to release a full album this late in the year as it'll get swallowed up by the usual swathe of greatest hits albums that get released in the final qtr for the Christmas market.

fillow
09-28-2012, 07:45 AM
Wait, there is some new recording going on? I'm kinda missing what people are talking about here

bgalbraith
09-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Wait, there is some new recording going on? I'm kinda missing what people are talking about here

Yesterday, Trent tweeted about a studio-related software tool he was unhappy with. Therefore he's in the studio. Therefore he must be working on new music.

butter_hole
09-28-2012, 11:32 AM
nah.. kidz bop.

carpenoctem
09-28-2012, 02:53 PM
nah.. kidz bop.

I would kind of love to hear a Kidz Bop version of Discipline... not gonna lie.

ninperu
09-28-2012, 03:04 PM
--> http://web.stagram.com/n/destroyangels/

Join us: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nine-Inch-Nails-Per%C3%BA/122876062246

slave2thewage
09-28-2012, 10:26 PM
Nah, don't think so. The HTDA site shows a "plug-ins" pic too.
Hopefully they decided to create more tracks. Now they got more inspiration and more time to concentrate on the music (the record company takes a lot of bureaucratic shit away from them and the full length album will "only" appear begin 2013). "more air to breath" ;)
Bonus tracks for a deluxe release/b-sides?

jmtd
09-29-2012, 03:54 AM
Vinyl cover proofs http://web.stagram.com/p/290514177792975066_1876063

jessamineny
09-29-2012, 10:10 AM

Well, TR did say that they had partnered with Columbia for a "series of releases"...

Maul
09-29-2012, 10:37 AM
I still don't own anything from this guys.I need to start emptying my pockets as soon as possible.

PD: Is there a Cd release from HTDA?

sheepdean
09-29-2012, 10:41 AM
I still don't own anything from this guys.I need to start emptying my pockets as soon as possible.

PD: Is there a Cd release from HTDA?The first EP is on CD (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003N7GATM/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B003N7GATM&linkCode=as2&tag=sheepdeantumb-21)

Maul
09-29-2012, 04:09 PM
Woah,thanks dude! It was a no-brainer,after all.
I don't understand why they don't sell any of those at the offical HTDA shop.Just hi-def downloads/vinyls.

Beta
10-01-2012, 04:37 AM
when are amazon 30sec snippets uploaded normally? or is there no pattern (e.g. '10 days before release') in that?

sheepdean
10-01-2012, 05:39 AM
There's seemingly no pattern, soemtimes they're not uploaded at all until album release

sheepdean
10-01-2012, 02:15 PM
New teaser pic, and of course it's vague, out of focus and nothing more than cockteasing http://blog.destroyangels.com/post/32680237807

gorast
10-01-2012, 02:16 PM
New teaser pic, and of course it's vague, out of focus and nothing more than cockteasing http://blog.destroyangels.com/post/32680237807
Motherfucker, got to it before me.

Maybe it's back cover art from the vinyl, or inner art.

Maybe it's Trent taking a piss.

FernandoDante
10-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Slender Man.

sheepdean
10-01-2012, 02:20 PM
I think it's a photo taken by Trent, spying on Rob's honeymoon with a long lens

snaapz
10-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Muddy trail beside the water
Leads the lambs into the slaughter

The band sure has an attraction to water; or maybe the opposite of attraction.

Anyhow...

witte
10-02-2012, 02:45 AM
looks scary to me...

laci
10-02-2012, 05:02 AM
Will it be a 10" or a 12"? What do you think? It'll also have six tracks just like the debut EP.

witte
10-02-2012, 05:51 AM
http://tunes.broadwayworld.com/article/Dave-Sitek-Launches-New-Record-Label-Federal-Prism-Remix-with-Reznor-Cortini-and-Ross-20121001#sthash.V4b1ru1G.vRmxX9md.dpbs

Interesting note:
Sitek adds, "I told Trent I was starting my own label and would love to have him remix something on the first release. I sent him the session and before he actually said 'YES', he sent back this mighty dark space that he, Alessandro and Atticus had built for me! -

I can only conclude, Alessandro, Atticus and Trent were working in the studio on something when Sitek's track came in.
Maybe Alessandro will be involved in HTDA?
Mentioning the last tweet of Trent (having troubles with his gear), this could match.
Your thoughts...

shagg_187
10-02-2012, 06:46 AM
Don't think Alessandro is working on HTDA (or else he would be mentioned in some way). This could be NIN or Soundtrack related. Would be awesome if he is part of it, though! :D

BenAkenobi
10-02-2012, 07:36 AM
Would be even more awesome if HTDA took part in his next Sonoio album!

The Reason Being
10-02-2012, 08:16 AM
I wonder what's really stopping them from just releasing a snippet at this point. They could probably whip up a cool clip of sound or video in 15 minutes and probably double the amount of hype for this EP. But they just wait...its fun, but it sucks. But its fun. Ughh

sheepdean
10-02-2012, 11:23 AM
I wonder what's really stopping them from just releasing a snippet at this point.

http://www.columbiarecords.com/

witte
10-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Sonoio will open for their tour. And Alex will help out when HTDA plays (guest musician). :)

The Reason Being
10-02-2012, 05:52 PM
http://www.columbiarecords.com/

Naturally, but the question goes for Columbia too. Maybe i'm being naive but they're releasing an EP next month for a brand new band. The only people who really give a damn are just NIN fans and a handful of other people. Still. I'm guessing this will make sense soon enough and there'll be some cool way in which this music will start to appear, but until then i'm pretty baffled. I guess they know what they're doing.

/rambling

DigitalChaos
10-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Mentioning the last tweet of Trent (having troubles with his gear), this could match.

wait what? Where was this? I saw nothing on allesandro's feed

my voice just
10-03-2012, 06:34 AM
*gossip shit hit the fan*

simonn
10-03-2012, 07:15 AM
wait what? Where was this? I saw nothing on allesandro's feed

It was on Trent's feed.

konstantin
10-03-2012, 03:35 PM
maybe they'll pull a Death Grips on Columbia. can't wait to see the alternative EP cover.

carpenoctem
10-03-2012, 03:47 PM
maybe they'll pull a Death Grips on Columbia.

Doubtful, but that would be awesome.

joplinpicasso
10-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Looks like a blue-tinted version of Steven Wilson's cover (http://www.primaryignition.com/wp-content/uploads/Steven-Wilson-Grace-for-Drowning.jpg) for Grace For Drowning. Still love this art direction, though.

ninperu
10-03-2012, 11:58 PM
HEY, HERE IS THE NEW SINGLE: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009L78KRI/ref=dm_dp_trk1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349326245&sr=8-19

--> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nine-Inch-Nails-Perú/122876062246?ref=hl

peanoot3
10-04-2012, 12:29 AM
HEY, HERE IS THE NEW SINGLE: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009L78KRI/ref=dm_dp_trk1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349326245&sr=8-19

--> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nine-Inch-Nails-Perú/122876062246?ref=hl

YES!!! Let's see... only five more days until we hear new HTDA. The cockteasing has ended... we'll finally hear new music. Great find.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/20120607035837_auto.gif

gorast
10-04-2012, 12:34 AM
Ah, the wait is almost over...

My excitement's starting to completely boil over on this one. Four and a half minutes is a good song length, too.

Again with the first track being the first single, though...means I can't use the single cover in iTunes. Damn it. Oh well.

I think this also pretty much confirms the tracklisting that was leaked initially, right?

jessamineny
10-04-2012, 06:16 AM
Interesting that the genre is labeled as "Dance and DJ"

Wonder if that's accurate....

fillow
10-04-2012, 06:54 AM
You mean you didn't dance to Parasite?

snaapz
10-04-2012, 08:32 AM
How To Destroy Angels' new single, "Keep It Together", will be released on October 9th. Currently, Amazon does not allow a song preview, but the track is 4:29 long, and is to be the first single from the new release, An Omen EP.http://fuckyeahatticusross.tumblr.com/

sheepdean
10-04-2012, 08:39 AM

Trent worked with EL-P, Atticus worked with P!nk, Mariqueen worked with Ming and Ping... yeah, they're pretty down for that kinda thing :P

konstantin
10-04-2012, 09:59 AM
They're also now listed as How to destroy angels_ (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009L5D6KG/ref=dm_sp_adp?ie=UTF8&qid=1349326245&sr=8-19), but thankfully that doesn't confuse Amazon

screwdriver
10-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Trent worked with EL-P, Atticus worked with P!nk, Mariqueen worked with Ming and Ping... yeah, they're pretty down for that kinda thing :P

I respect what you're saying, so I'm just nitpicking ... but in no way is El-P dance and/or DJ genre-wise.

jessamineny
10-04-2012, 11:50 AM

Actually, I looked at the Amazon mp3s for the first EP and they were all labeled as Dance and DJ, too.

Frozen Beach
10-04-2012, 01:10 PM
My reaction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6-3l3hCm0
Now, excuse me while I have insomnia for the next few nights.

snaapz
10-04-2012, 01:57 PM
'80s Dance was awesome. I prefer to call it Synthpop...

"Dance" can be interpreted in MANY MANY ways. From Bowie's Lets Dance to Bobby Browns Aint no Humpin Around - From Snows Informer to Pet Shop Boys West End Girls - From SnP Lets Talk About Sex to Aretha Franklin - From Level 42s Something About You to Who Let The Dogs Out etc....

As for the DJ part... :confused: - Could be a million things. I know a lot of DnB & Jungle DJs loved to use NIN remix stuff on vinyl as a back beat to another song...

Rolling Stone Dance Charts

November 12, 2012

1. Justin Bieber - Boyfriend
2. Maroon 5 - Payphone
3. HTDA - Keep it together
4. Usher - Scream

... Gimme' a break.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkfzXq0tA3c

frankie teardrop
10-04-2012, 02:56 PM
d-d-d-do right.

NotoriousTIMP
10-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Ugh I wish I had grown up in my teens during the 80's....

butter_hole
10-04-2012, 04:35 PM
I respect what you're saying, so I'm just nitpicking ... but in no way is El-P dance and/or DJ genre-wise.i think he meant DFA?

sheepdean
10-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Some stupid acronym for some overrated group, yeah

butter_hole
10-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Some stupid acronym for some overrated group, yeah

el-p is not an acronym

and dfa are overrated?

stop being silly sheepdean

Big Fat Matt
10-04-2012, 07:08 PM
They're also now listed as How to destroy angels_ (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009L5D6KG/ref=dm_sp_adp?ie=UTF8&qid=1349326245&sr=8-19)...

howtodestroyangels.com lists them as such too.

Highly Psychological
10-04-2012, 07:09 PM
When i saw the word Dance i got excited. I highly doubt it's house music!, just very much an electronica record.

Been a huge amount of good electronic music released since the EP came out 2 years ago. I noticed a surge of really good innovative electronic music which started really suddenly in the middle of 2010 most of its been rather dark. All on various different labels most of it is from the States.
If the band have been listening to some of that awesome stuff then I have a feeling this will be rather different to the EP.
I can just see HTDA fitting in with a lot of the dark sounds and production out there at the moment.

Nora Can Cans
10-04-2012, 07:45 PM

I call band trolling. I mean wouldn't you label as such just to check the reaction?

On another, yet similar topic... In signing another record contract wouldn't TR add a PR clause stipulating complete control?

peanoot3
10-04-2012, 07:46 PM
It's stylized as, 'how to destroy angels_" on the Sony sight, too... The Dance/DJ thing is really interesting. I'm a huge fan of electronic music, depending on how it's constructed. I know HTDA will pull it off well. We'll wait and see. Tuesday cannot come soon enough.

http://sonymusichty.myplaydigital.com/Artist.aspx?id=295266

R-Dot-Yung
10-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Wait do we really think this is about to be an Avicii level SMASHER!!!!!

ANY-hoo...I'm going to see the SHIT out of this tour.

FernandoDante
10-04-2012, 09:22 PM
It's stylized as, 'how to destroy angels_" on the Sony sight, too... The Dance/DJ thing is really interesting. I'm a huge fan of electronic music, depending on how it's constructed. I know HTDA will pull it off well. We'll wait and see. Tuesday cannot come soon enough.

http://sonymusichty.myplaydigital.com/Artist.aspx?id=295266
What if it comes out and it's just a slightly more dance-y version of NIN, but less fleshed out and with Mariqueen on vocals instead of Trent?

gorast
10-04-2012, 10:51 PM
So, will Keep it Together be considered Sigil 3, making An Omen Sigil 4? Are we even sure that the Sigil thing is the HTDA version of Halos?

jessamineny
10-04-2012, 11:13 PM
FWIW, someone on Twitter asked Rob if An Omen would be Sigil 3, and he answered "Patience is a virtue."

xfocalinx
10-04-2012, 11:40 PM
^^ that was me, I actually came here to say I asked him. Me thinks it's Sigil 03.

gorast
10-05-2012, 12:49 AM
^^ that was me, I actually came here to say I asked him. Me thinks it's Sigil 03.
Ah, I saw that tweet from Rob. That kinda makes me think the Sigil thing doesn't mean what we assumed it meant...on the old ETS, wasn't there a different theory about it, something that went deeper than "Trent wants us to buy all the things"?

jrdsctt
10-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Ah, I saw that tweet from Rob. That kinda makes me think the Sigil thing doesn't mean what we assumed it meant...on the old ETS, wasn't there a different theory about it, something that went deeper than "Trent wants us to buy all the things"?

If you don't mind me asking, what was this theory? I wasn't around when the old ETS was up.

witte
10-05-2012, 12:41 PM

Studio rage, sorry.

I'm a nerd.

Personally I assumed this was NIN stuff, as he's meant to be writing stuff for the next album at the moment isn't he? I'm kinda assuming the HTDA is done, just decided to not to release a full album this late in the year as it'll get swallowed up by the usual swathe of greatest hits albums that get released in the final qtr for the Christmas market.

Well, what could this be? (http://instagram.com/p/QaMBcfkKDp/)

gorast
10-05-2012, 02:13 PM
If you don't mind me asking, what was this theory? I wasn't around when the old ETS was up.
I can't actually remember what the details of it were. Maybe someone else knows what I'm talking about?

sheepdean
10-05-2012, 04:34 PM
So, do we think these studio pics are from recording the LP, or old pics from recording the EP? http://blog.destroyangels.com/post/32946665994/taken-with

witte
10-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Good question.
That's what I thought when I made my statement in earlier posts.

Again, the issue with his gear, Trent tweeded is present for sure ;)
And I think every new pic on their website is also the present.

But, reading your line....I thought that the complete first album was done.
Plans changed. They made a deal with Columbia and the team decided to release an EP first, containing a few songs which will be on the album too. (other tactics)

If they are doing new recordings, it's to expand the original album or they making homework for the next album later in 2013.

My thoughts....

eversonpoe
10-05-2012, 05:26 PM
anyone else notice that there are, for some reason, two different versions of the single on amazon? i can't find any real difference, but if you search for "how to destroy angels keep it together" two results occur.

sheepdean
10-05-2012, 05:45 PM
anyone else notice that there are, for some reason, two different versions of the single on amazon? i can't find any real difference, but if you search for "how to destroy angels keep it together" two results occur.
One is the "album" (basically a one track CD single, but digital) and one is the standalone track.

theimage13
10-06-2012, 12:10 AM
One is the "album" (basically a one track CD single, but digital) and one is the standalone track.

I still don't get it. One is an MP3, and one is...an MP3. What's different between an "album" download of a single song and...a single song?

butter_hole
10-06-2012, 01:34 AM
you can buy the album version of the track (but not the rest of the album just yet) or you can buy the single version

theimage13
10-06-2012, 09:25 AM
you can buy the album version of the track (but not the rest of the album just yet) or you can buy the single version

So in the single version, the song is actually different in some way from the album version? Sorry, still trying to get my head around this, and my lack of sleep/desert dehydration isn't helping.

WorzelG
10-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Has there been any advertising for this anywhere in the US? I thought the point of signing with a label was to get some hoop-la going.I can't even find them listed on Columbia's website yet

screwdriver
10-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Has there been any advertising for this anywhere in the US? I thought the point of signing with a label was to get some hoop-la going.I can't even find them listed on Columbia's website yet

a month away for the album is a light-year in today's media environment. the single is probably the first phase of building hype.

I would also venture a big part of signing with a label is sharing distribution risk

gorast
10-06-2012, 11:33 AM
So in the single version, the song is actually different in some way from the album version? Sorry, still trying to get my head around this, and my lack of sleep/desert dehydration isn't helping.
No, it's like this:

One listing on Amazon is the actual single - think of it as the "CD single", so to speak. The second listing is one individual track from that single - that's why the second listing is listed as "from the album 'Keep it together'".

It would make more sense if the "album" release had more than one track - each track would also be listed individually from the album. But since there's only one track on the "album", it ends up looking like the song is listed twice.

gorast
10-06-2012, 08:42 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbi1vydPd01qbl7hpo1_500.jpg
Just posted through HTDA's Tumblr/Twitter. I can't stand being teased like this. Tuesday can't come fast enough.

seasonsinthesky
10-06-2012, 08:48 PM
looks like the mastering reel (otherwise it wouldn't have the album name on it), which means they seem to have recorded the album in analog. it's not uncommon to pass a record through a tape reel during mastering to even out the harsh digital edges, but i don't think reels are usually saved (and thus labelled) unless they are actually the original source material. will be interesting to find out their process this time around.

sheepdean
10-06-2012, 08:54 PM
looks like the mastering reel (otherwise it wouldn't have the album name on it), which means they seem to have recorded the album in analog. it's not uncommon to pass a record through a tape reel during mastering to even out the harsh digital edges, but i don't think reels are usually saved (and thus labelled) unless they are actually the original source material. will be interesting to find out their process this time around.
That's the song name, not album

Shnoorum
10-06-2012, 09:16 PM
Wait, I may just be being thick here but is that picture not teasing a video for the single? Thats the first thing I thought when I saw it anyways

Shnoorum
10-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Sorry for the double post but I also noticed Mariqeen posted a lovely picture of herself and the caption "thursday..." on her Facebook page. Anyone know what this is about? Maybe to do with HTDA? The single is Tuesday and I'm not jst being a twat right?

ThinkIcouldburn
10-06-2012, 10:02 PM
Any chance that's a video reel?

Totally didn't read the above post.

Shnoorum
10-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Any chance that's a video reel?

Good, atleast I'm not the only one who thinks that. Feel less of an eejit now

seasonsinthesky
10-06-2012, 10:12 PM
That's the song name, not album

well there's your answer, kid.

gorast
10-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Sorry for the double post but I also noticed Mariqeen posted a lovely picture of herself and the caption "thursday..." on her Facebook page. Anyone know what this is about? Maybe to do with HTDA? The single is Tuesday and I'm not jst being a twat right?
Where's that at? I can't see anything.

Shnoorum
10-06-2012, 10:41 PM
Where's that at? I can't see anything.

First post, top of her timeline http://www.facebook.com/mariqueenmaandigreznor

It's with the very whitened picture of her face

gorast
10-06-2012, 10:59 PM
Ah, there we go, I was looking at her personal page instead. Oops.

Damn, she's pretty. I really hope we get a video on Thursday...

witte
10-07-2012, 04:09 AM
Or the master tape for the new single, indeed?
You can google ;)

http://www.uaudio.com/store/special-processing/ampex-atr-102.html

jessamineny
10-07-2012, 06:16 AM
Or the master tape for the new single, indeed?
You can google ;)

http://www.uaudio.com/store/special-processing/ampex-atr-102.html

And if you click on "Images" and then the last one in the first row, you'll see this, which is almost just what we saw in the HTDA photo
http://www.uaudio.com/media/assetlibrary/a/m/ampex_detail_hq.jpg

jessamineny
10-07-2012, 07:31 AM
Ah, there we go, I was looking at her personal page instead. Oops.

Damn, she's pretty. I really hope we get a video on Thursday...

I did the same thing, too.

Also soooo with you on hoping for videos. I came of age right when MTV was launched, so I have a heightened love for them. I'm just not so sure we'll get one from the EP, though...

Shnoorum
10-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Ah damn, you guys are right. Looks exactly like that last picture. Was really hoping it was a video reel. They dont need to tease us with a master tape. We know the song exists, it's out soon. A video however would have been an actual suprise. Oh well. Atleast we know whats going on in terms of music so these pictures are no longer driving me insane

somewhat_
10-07-2012, 07:50 PM
A video however would have been an actual suprise. I don't mean to sound like a dick, but after TR stated "We are making some videos", I'm not sure how a video for the first single could be a surprise at all. I would be surprised if there wasn't a video.

Shnoorum
10-07-2012, 08:03 PM
I don't mean to sound like a dick, but after TR stated "We are making some videos", I'm not sure how a video for the first single could be a surprise at all. I would be surprised if there wasn't a video.

Well yeah you do have a point. Still, theres been no official word that Keep it Together has a video so we don't know it for a fact yet. We do know the song is finished and ready to be released so a mastering wheelmajigget is hardly any suprise to anyone. Then again it probably wasn't posted for any mysterious purposes to begin with. Anyways, 1 MORE FUCKING DAY!

jrdsctt
10-08-2012, 11:26 AM
They just posted this: http://blog.destroyangels.com/post/33165094207/mixing-with-alan-earlier-this-year-taken-with

witte
10-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Yeah, early pic. Isn't it a great team? Alan M = quality!

sheepdean
10-08-2012, 12:35 PM
They just posted this: http://blog.destroyangels.com/post/33165094207/mixing-with-alan-earlier-this-year-taken-with
They really need to learn to tag their own posts

sukey
10-08-2012, 12:44 PM
From Zane Lowe's twitter (https://twitter.com/zanelowe/status/255356799442632704):

"Trent Reznor is on the show talking about the return of How To Destroy Angels and we'll World Premier the new single 'Keep It Together'. R1."

I'll be listening in (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/).

arsenic
10-08-2012, 12:51 PM
MARIQUEEN ‏@mariqueen (https://twitter.com/mariqueen)
you might want to tune in to @zanelowe (https://twitter.com/zanelowe)'s show on Radio 1 today...

sheepdean
10-08-2012, 12:56 PM
If you're not British, you should probably google tunnelbear. And someone tell me how to record from Radio 1

jrdsctt
10-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Fuck, I have class starting at 1... anyone planning on recording the show so we can listen after? Or can you do that on the site already?

spahn
10-08-2012, 12:59 PM
3:00PM Eastern time, correct?

sukey
10-08-2012, 01:00 PM
If you're not British, you should probably google tunnelbear. And someone tell me how to record from Radio 1

I'm in France and I can listen online?

plusminus
10-08-2012, 01:01 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_one

I am listening here and I am from the USA.

imail724
10-08-2012, 01:02 PM
It's on now, but who knows when the hell Trent will be on.

sheepdean
10-08-2012, 01:02 PM
The show is on right now, so, whatever time is right now where you are

Shnoorum
10-08-2012, 01:05 PM
My god I cant believe I'm listening to the radio right now. No other band (except NIN) could do this to me

spahn
10-08-2012, 01:05 PM
So its 2pm Eastern. :)

sheepdean
10-08-2012, 01:06 PM
My god I cant believe I'm listening to the radio right now. No other band (except NIN) could do this to me
But, this is HTDA

sukey
10-08-2012, 01:06 PM

Only for Trent would I be listening to all this wub wub shit. I think this show is 2 hours long btw to all wondering how long we might have to wait to hear him.

Shnoorum
10-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Who the devil are these people?! Kids these days and their Canyon Wests and Black Pie Seas

Shnoorum
10-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Out of curiosity anyone gonna be recording this? I can get a terrible quality version on my phone but thats about it. Not wanting to cheat them out a sale, just I know hearing it once tonight without hearing it again untill tomorrow is gonna make it a long long night

Vertigo
10-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Heal may be the very worst thing I have ever heard. This is why I never listen to radio...

:edit: we just got an ETA, 7:30 GMT+1 for the interview. That's 12 minutes from now.

slave2thewage
10-08-2012, 01:17 PM
In the next 45 minutes, bitches

sukey
10-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Out of curiosity anyone gonna be recording this? I can get a terrible quality version on my phone but thats about it. Not wanting to cheat them out a sale, just I know hearing it once tonight without hearing it again untill tomorrow is gonna make it a long long night
I'm trying...
For those listening live Zane just said it'll be played before 8pm UK time.

Shnoorum
10-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Triple post but to those who haven't turned it on yet it sounds as if it will be on before 8pm so get moving

edit* What he said ^

NIN64
10-08-2012, 01:19 PM
I love the "TuneIn" radio app for my iphone. Streaming BBC Radio 1, and recording it right to the app. Mmmmmm technology. . .

Edit: Ugh they're playing Green Day. . .

sheepdean
10-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Billie Joe Armstrong is not a man whose voice has improved with age

Shnoorum
10-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Both my fiance and I recoiled in disgust at Billy Joels voice. While she doesn't share my enthusiasm over the single she shares my distaste in Green Day and in my book that makes her a keeper

gorast
10-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Yeah, bbc.co.uk is working just fine for live streaming in the US. Listening now. I'm very excited.

Santos L Halper
10-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Sounds like about 20min from HTDA

sukey
10-08-2012, 01:26 PM
7.45pm for HTDA! I just figured out to record it also :)

Shnoorum
10-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Oh god quarter to 8?! I'm not turning it off incase I miss it but thats a potential 3 - 5 more of these.... "songs".

slave2thewage
10-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Currently cursing Bill Gates for making it a bitch to record audio on Windows 7.

The Reason Being
10-08-2012, 01:34 PM
You guys should count yourselves lucky this isn't being premiered on a daytime show. Oh man.

slave2thewage
10-08-2012, 01:38 PM
You guys should count yourselves lucky this isn't being premiered on a daytime show. Oh man.

I remember staying up until 7/8am during the final NIN shows following everything on Twitter. FANBOY 4 LYF.

Shnoorum
10-08-2012, 01:39 PM

I've heard early morning radio before on random car journeys and I dont know if its the fact that its early morning and I am not good at early morning but my god, it's like nails on a chalkboard thats currently beating a cat to death while a kazoo orchestra plays crazy frog in the background. This is bad but my memories of morning radio are so much worse

PQHooligan
10-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Please. Make. It. Stop.

3 minutes to go! :)

imail724
10-08-2012, 01:42 PM
what in god's name...

Sporadic
10-08-2012, 01:43 PM
UK radio is fucking strange. It's bouncing around genres like crazy.

Mutilated
Ahhhh nearly there!!! come on!!

Fragile Teeth
came here to tell everyone that Keep things Together will debut on Radio 1 in less than 5 mins but everyone already knows lol

Fragile Teeth
10-08-2012, 01:44 PM
UK radio is fucking strange. It's bouncing around genres like crazy.
lol so it's not just me! I was like WTF at the song selection. Not bad but WTF? I need to go to UK.

The Reason Being
10-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Here we go.

Shnoorum
10-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Ahhhh shit its coming

Shnoorum
10-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Goddamn...

Swykk
10-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Dammit, wish I could listen but I'm at work. I'm sure some kind soul will share soon:)

The Reason Being
10-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Looks like going With Teeth style Just_like_this

poinoup
10-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Very downtempo, surprised me as the first single, but I will take it. Probably need a few more listens before it soaks in fully.

Henrie_Schnee
10-08-2012, 03:01 PM
EDIT: Nevermind, it's on Soundcloud. Could have thought of that myself. Old ets-habbits.
http://soundcloud.com/howtodestroyangels/keep-it-together

R-Dot-Yung
10-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Well, can't say I'm really feeling that track.

Leviathant
10-08-2012, 03:37 PM
*cough* Gee, looks like there was some kind of hiccup! If you know what I'm talking about -- consider it our little secret please :b

sheepdean
10-08-2012, 03:39 PM
I wonder when HTDA are going to explain why this isn't on CD? LOTS of people have been complaining on the various pages I've seen, looks like not everyone is a techphile

Shnoorum
10-08-2012, 03:45 PM
I wonder when HTDA are going to explain why this isn't on CD? LOTS of people have been complaining on the various pages I've seen, looks like not everyone is a techphile

It is really strange but nevermind. I've only recently joined the MP3 era but still quite like cd's. Probably get the vinyl if they release a combo download/vinyl in one package sort of thing. Reeeeeally dig the artwork. It'd be nice to have it round the house

gorast
10-08-2012, 03:52 PM
I just kinda see it as a way to cut down on costs and increase profits because the EP seems more like a promotional tool than a full release, while still throwing a bone to the obsessed collectors. Or maybe Trent has decided that he's done with dumb reflective discs.

jrdsctt
10-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Looks like Dario asked Rob if we should wait before we preorder the EP on amazon and Rob says probably yes: https://twitter.com/dariocotti/status/255414692577677312

RJK
10-08-2012, 04:40 PM
I just kinda see it as a way to cut down on costs and increase profits because the EP seems more like a promotional tool than a full release, while still throwing a bone to the obsessed collectors. Or maybe Trent has decided that he's done with dumb reflective discs.

I thought it wasn't coming out on CD because it is on Columbia and major labels are abandoning the format (for the most part) this year.

jhulud
10-08-2012, 04:40 PM
On already a few listens, I have to say that I am digging the track. It's very space-y. It's best to listen to it on headphones. Soak in most of the nuances.

arsenic
10-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Looks like Dario asked Rob if we should wait before we preorder the EP on amazon and Rob says probably yes: https://twitter.com/dariocotti/status/255414692577677312

yeah that was me. I was already going to checkout on amazon, then I canceled everything. I wasn't expecting an answer.

I'm listening Telepathe new remix "Destroyer" by Trent, Alessandro and Atticus. To be honest, I like it more than 'Keep it together' but, hey, I'm a bit off topic.

witte
10-08-2012, 05:43 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_one

I am listening here and I am from the USA.

Two things from the interview:
- they're still recording for the full album (that's what we thought looking at the pics on their websites)
- no extra information about touring. would be nice to hear what they got in mind right now...

Max Leo
10-08-2012, 06:01 PM
I thought that Trent had learned the lesson, but everywhere I look, people are complaining about how the new single sounds too much like NIN ("pretending to be Portishead", someone said, which shouldn't be a bad thing imo, but in this case it probably is), how much (once again) Q's voice is wasted, etc... The same things that people complained about the first EP.

I just don't understand why they have chosen this track as the new single. If it was just one song from a 16 tracks album, nobody would complain about it, but this is not a good single at all.

The Reason Being
10-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Maybe they'll follow the same pattern as the first EP, as in release one song to keep us interested (A Drowning / Keep It Together), then a few days before the EP hits they'll release a "proper" single with its video (Space In Between / ???)

jrdsctt
10-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Maybe they'll follow the same pattern as the first EP, as in release one song to keep us interested (A Drowning / Keep It Together), then a few days before the EP hits they'll release a "proper" single with its video (Space In Between / ???)

I had a similar thought, but they have all been calling it a single: https://twitter.com/mariqueen/status/255383568501571584

voidnz
10-08-2012, 07:14 PM
I don't think it sounds like NIN at all. It sounds like some of the stuff Trent and Atticus have done though.

PQHooligan
10-08-2012, 07:48 PM
I'm sure this means nothing, but I decided to check the Wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Destroy_Angels_%28band%29) for HTDA, and someone wrote that the album is called Welcome Oblivion

gorast
10-08-2012, 09:00 PM
I'm sure this means nothing, but I decided to check the Wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Destroy_Angels_(band)) for HTDA, and someone wrote that the album is called Welcome Oblivion
"someone"

That's about as credible as the other title that was thrown around earlier this year.

xfocalinx
10-08-2012, 09:08 PM
I personally LOVE it. I'm stoked to FINALLY have new music =)

henryeatscereal
10-08-2012, 09:30 PM
To me, the single sounds very Trip hop-ish, maybe it's Mariqueen's voice but it reminded me to Portishead and Massive Attack, that's not a bad thing i dig it a lot!

PQHooligan
10-08-2012, 10:06 PM
"someone"

That's about as credible as the other title that was thrown around earlier this year.

I'm aware, which is why I said it probably means nothing, but now that title is removed, so I guess we'll see...

sheepdean
10-09-2012, 10:34 AM
The album art updated on htda's site is slightly different to the previous one we had, 100 nerd points if you can spot the difference: http://howtodestroyangels.com/img/htda_omen_vinylcover.jpg
The colour of the font has been greyed out

jrdsctt
10-09-2012, 11:56 AM
The album art updated on htda's site is slightly different to the previous one we had, 100 nerd points if you can spot the difference: http://howtodestroyangels.com/img/htda_omen_vinylcover.jpg
The colour of the font has been greyed out

Are you saying the new font color has been greyed out? Comparing the new album art to the old one I would say the old one is much more grey, the new font looks almost bluer.

Indefinite_Cure
10-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Never mind

Album Welcome Oblivion

Keep It Together - 4:25
The Wake-Up - 1:42
Too Late, All Gone - 6:14
We Fade Away - 6:41
Recursive Self-Improvement - 6:27
Hallowed Ground - 7:14
And the Sky Began to Scream - 3:56
Ice Age - 6:55
On the Wing - 4:52
How Long ? - 4:02
The Loop Closes - 4:50
Strings and Attractors - 4:28

peanoot3
10-09-2012, 05:03 PM
Based on the given tracklist times, the album will total 1:01:50. I believe the information on last.fm is legitimate.

Leviathant
10-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Hey guys. So, I'm in a bit of a weird spot, in that this info has leaked previously, and I'd scrubbed it.
It was an unintentional leak, and I know that once information's on the internet, there's no getting it off the internet, but at least use spoiler tags.

Yes, eventually some other music news site will sniff this out and get 'the scoop' on something I've personally known about for a while, but since this is a fan-centered site, if you don't mind, wrap that information in spoiler tags in the future.

Indefinite_Cure
10-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Hey guys. So, I'm in a bit of a weird spot, in that this info has leaked previously, and I'd scrubbed it.
It was an unintentional leak, and I know that once information's on the internet, there's no getting it off the internet, but at least use spoiler tags.

Yes, eventually some other music news site will sniff this out and get 'the scoop' on something I've personally known about for a while, but since this is a fan-centered site, if you don't mind, wrap that information in spoiler tags in the future.

Sorry! I didn't mean to spoil anything to anyone! I was just excited and digged my way on the internet a bit because I love last.fm and I love the new single. I will use more care next time!

PQHooligan
10-09-2012, 06:18 PM
All I can say is: Ah ha!

Now we wait.

gorast
10-09-2012, 06:48 PM
If that's actually the length of the LP, I'd be very pleased.

fillow
10-10-2012, 03:06 AM
I fucking hope that one particular track in the middle is Joy Division cover.

Conrad Lienert
10-10-2012, 06:36 AM
I'm fucking loving some of those song titles!

I've lost count of how many times I've listened to KIT. So good.

slave2thewage
10-10-2012, 07:19 AM
Today at Chez Reznor: "Something's gonna get broken!"

fortheloveofgod
10-10-2012, 07:21 AM
Fun track titles. Can't wait!!!!

http://grungereport.net/?p=16709

snaapz
10-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Fun track titles. Can't wait!!!!

http://grungereport.net/?p=16709

I second that, should be a great story.

FernandoDante
10-10-2012, 09:02 AM
Anyone else still puzzled by the fact that they were mastering (what seemed to be) the LP in March, and eight months later they're coming up with an EP?

bgalbraith
10-10-2012, 09:19 AM
Anyone else still puzzled by the fact that they were mastering (what seemed to be) the LP in March, and eight months later they're coming up with an EP?

I'm assuming it's related to the "98% done" quote from Trent. Maybe the last 2% is finishing up multimedia / ARG(!) materials.

jessamineny
10-10-2012, 09:39 AM

Perhaps they didn't decide to sign with a label until the LP was almost finished/after it was finished, and by the time all the legal stuff and other logistics of the deal were wrapped up, it was way too late to organize a good tour. By releasing the LP in the spring, they can combine some club shows with festival appearances. (And the EP fulfills TR's promise to release new music this year, while also being a good tease/promotion for the full LP in a couple/few months.)

Or maybe there is a huge multimedia component to the LP that is taking a long time to develop. Or perhaps some other huge project is coming to fruition in the spring, and they wanted to launch at the same time. WHO KNOWS. Just go with it.

FernandoDante
10-10-2012, 11:21 AM
I second that, should be a great story.
Thanks to you eagle-eyed ETS peeps, the tracklisting is old news for us:

http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2012/09/new-how-to-destroy-angels-an-omen-ep-releasenovember-amazon/

witte
10-10-2012, 01:02 PM
http://instagram.com/p/QnF9eJEKDg/

DigitalChaos
10-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Thanks to you eagle-eyed ETS peeps, the tracklisting is old news for us:

http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2012/09/new-how-to-destroy-angels-an-omen-ep-releasenovember-amazon/
It's interesting how that listing compares to what is here: http://www.last.fm/music/How+to+destroy+angels_

FernandoDante
10-10-2012, 01:53 PM
It's interesting how that listing compares to what is here: http://www.last.fm/music/How+to+destroy+angels_
Holy shit. You can't just make up track names and scrobble them as part of an album, can you?

EDIT: also, are we really supposed to use that silly new name? No capital letters and a damn _ at the end of it?

R-Dot-Yung
10-10-2012, 01:59 PM

Judging by that single...maybe they couldn't keep it together or something

JessicaSarahS
10-10-2012, 02:22 PM
EDIT: Nevermind, it's on Soundcloud. Could have thought of that myself. Old ets-habbits.
http://soundcloud.com/howtodestroyangels/keep-it-together

I was a bit apprehensive to listen to this and didn't want to be disappointed, but I finally gave in and I'm glad I did! I love it. It's not really single material, but I don't really care. It has a wonderful atmosphere to it!

Judging by that single...maybe they couldn't keep it together or something

Heh.

FernandoDante
10-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Apparently, I skipped page 16 while browsing this thread. What a mistake.

carpenoctem
10-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Where did the track list and LP title info come from? And how long have we (or at least some of us) known about it? It's news to me!

FernandoDante
10-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Where did the track list and LP title info come from? And how long have we (or at least some of us) known about it? It's news to me!
The stuff was posted here two days ago. It came from a last.fm account that has gone missing. Now, I shall dive into shameless self-advertising:

http://www.antiquiet.com/studio-reports/2012/10/how-to-destroy-angels-lp-title-tracklist-leaked-welcome-oblivion/