PDA

View Full Version : The Food Thread

Fixer808
09-10-2012, 01:26 AM
Unless I'm way off base or drunk (and I AM one of those), I didn't see a thread for the glory that is food. Cooking, baking, snacking, putting an olive in your lover's anus... I'm not here to judge, folks.

Anyway, I was watching Fringe and Walter was eating onion rings. I hate onions with the fiery passion of a thousand white hot suns. But I like onion rings as long as I can dismantle them into ring, sans onion. It's a delicate process, and only works if the onion inside can be easily pulled out.

Here I am rambling. I kinda want this to be a thread for delicious recipes among foodies, but anything eats related is welcome.

sentient02970
09-10-2012, 07:30 AM
Fuck yes! Food.

I made a big batch of this (http://www.food.com/recipe/blt-pasta-salad-27195?scaleto=25&mode=null&st=true) over the weekend to supply a lunch item for a local charity horseback trail ride. I'm betting I make it again for myself as I had trouble stopping at just one taste test. I love pasta salad but it seems obvious that bacon bits and tomato should be a great combo.

I also found my best shepherd's pie recipe online that puts a bit of a kick into the hamburger part. The 1.5 lbs hamburger is browned in about 3/4 cup of beef broth and some montreal steak spice after cooking in chopped onion. My 10 year old daughter asked for seconds.

millionmilesaway
09-11-2012, 08:18 AM
made blackberry glazed pork chops last night, they were superb!

also I HATE tomatoes! even the super fresh fancy ones my dad grows in his garden, I try one every year but just get reminded of how awful they are

Leman Russ
09-11-2012, 08:50 AM
I made a Sloppy Joe Tater Tot casserole recently, and hoooooooly crap was it good. eFairly easy too. Will definitely be making it again soon

Fixer808
09-11-2012, 08:56 AM
Sometimes simple is best. Was at a friend's place yesterday afternoon to install some mirrors and such, and she made 3pm breakfast for us. Bacon, scrambled eggs, waffle fries and pea shoots. Coulda done without the latter, but the rest was good!

frankie teardrop
09-11-2012, 10:27 AM
celebrated my first solid food meal since friday's root canal with a nice plate of buffalo calamari. ohhhhhhh man.

halloween
09-11-2012, 05:42 PM
2 Slices of Bread: Toasted + Nutella + Peanut Butter= instant gratification. Goes great with...uh..port wine?

aggroculture
09-11-2012, 06:26 PM
We do have a what are you eating thread: http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/129-What-Are-You-Eating?highlight=eating
Not sure how this one would differ...

Fixer808
09-11-2012, 06:49 PM
It doesn't. At all. I'm fucking blind is all.