PDA

View Full Version : Portlandia - put a bird on it!

DVYDRNS
09-08-2012, 10:52 PM
This is hands down the one of the best shows in years! I cant believe there isnt a thread for it!

so stinking funny!

Deadpool
09-08-2012, 11:14 PM
I think I've only seen maybe 2 full episodes, but one of those episodes was centered around a love of the Battlestar Galactica reboot (something I can seriously relate to) and that alone made me really like this show. The subsequent guest stars were amazing, and the guy they got to play Ronald D. Moore was genius. So, basically, part of me wishes Portlandia was just always paying tribute to BSG somehow. I really do want to see more, though. I'm definitely a Fred Armisen fan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FizXGoPkVs).

Kid Charlemagne
09-09-2012, 12:33 AM
Ayohriver!

eversonpoe
09-10-2012, 02:39 PM
i've had a crush on carrie since i got into Sleater-Kinney at the age of 13, so being able to see her on this show makes me so giddy. her and fred work so well as a comedy team, and they manage to keep things fresh.

like a lot of shows, these days (bob's burgers among them), i find this show much funnier when watching with at least one other person. when i tried to watch it alone, initially, i saw little appeal. but with a viewing partner, it's absolutely marvelous. and i'm not the kind of person who's afraid to laugh out loud when alone.

xmd 5a
09-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Yeah, Carrie's star-power drew me in to watch this too (and OMG there was a Corin cameo *swoon*). Watched every episode in one sitting. Some of the jokes fall flat but there are more than enough hilarious/cute moments to get it over the line.

R-Dot-Yung
09-15-2012, 03:01 PM
This show rocks my soul. That's all.

hellospaceboy
09-15-2012, 10:46 PM
My wife and I are obsessed with rating everything we watch on netflix. Very few other movies/shows earned our 5 star, especially without any debate, but Portlandia was an easy decision. It's brilliant!

profane
01-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Finally caught up on the first episode of season 3. It's even more awesome and hilarious. My stomach hurts.

Edit: The Take Back MTV episode is brilliant.

orestes
01-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Netflix recently added season two to instant watch. After watching "Brunch Village" last night I was craving​ pancakes so bad.

Leman Russ
01-14-2013, 07:55 AM
This has become one of my favorite shows. The Women and Women First bits are some of my favorite parts of the show. "We can order it for you. It'll be here in about a year". Classic.