PDA

View Full Version : Car Audio

Amaro
09-04-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm gonna be looking for a new stereo for my new car soon (Element 2005 LX completely stock sound system i.e. not that good), AUX being the most important feature I'm in need of, but I'll likely get a new set of speakers a ways later also... Is 50 watts gonna be pretty much adequate for someone like me? I don't have any particular needs for inasane volume, just wanting a nice overall sound upgrade...definitely some bass flexibility.

I've been noticing the USB port on a lot of the stereo faces, and I've always wondered if that's how you integrate your iPhone's call functions. And if it charges the phone. I'd rather not have to think about Bluetooth (I see that's also a common feature with the nicer stereos as well)--I'd just like if I can answer a call and hear the other person through my car speakers, and talk through my phone's mic. Plain and simple. Is that in any way possible?

Thanks.

DVYDRNS
09-04-2012, 03:23 PM
USB typically is for an iPod. what you need to get is a bluetooth receiver. its my favorite thing about my car. i get in the car, it plays music immediately from my phone. i get a call and it goes straight to the stereo. all wirelessly.

Amaro
09-04-2012, 04:53 PM
I see. So what's your receiver(/stereo?)?