PDA

View Full Version : Paranormal Activity 4

Ryan
08-02-2012, 03:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5VSND4H7oo

Amaro
08-02-2012, 03:23 AM
I just watched 2 the other night, for the second time. lol What a fail, no? A lot of dead screen time...very few "scares." I need to see 3 still. I heard it was an improvement, but not quite as good as 1?

Now, THIS...?

kdrcraig
08-02-2012, 06:57 AM
So I guess we're going to be getting one of these every year. I saw the first one in the theater and it scared the hell out of me, waited for DVD for the second and thought it sucked. Went to the theater to see 3 cause my sister called and said they were going and I had nothing better to do, it was ok. Think I'll be waiting for Netflix for this one unless the same situation pops up.

Leman Russ
08-02-2012, 07:50 AM
I liked the first two, but part 3 was horrible. This one looks like it could be fun, but I'm not holding my breath.

marodi
08-02-2012, 11:29 AM
It has a creepy kid. Creepy kids scare the hell out of me. I have to see this.

henryeatscereal
08-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Not excited, im not liking this franchise and the formula is tired, the first one was alright, the second one an inferior copy, the third one was boring, the japanese remake the same thing all over...

Conan The Barbarian
08-02-2012, 04:01 PM
I have seen them all. Good movies to see in a crowded theater. Horrible to watch at home.

Its the experience in the cinema that makes these movies fun.

carpenoctem
08-02-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm full of skepticism about PA4, but that won't stop me from seeing it! It seems like the trailer suggests that weird stuff starts happening after the "new neighbors moved in" or whatever that teenage girl said. Is it just me, or is it hilarious that, after possessing Katie and killing her boyfriend, her sister and her brother-in-law, then kidnapping her nephew, the demon just decides to move into another suburban neighborhood? Like, I kind of assumed they were just going back to hell or something. What does a demon do in suburbia after it's done banging people's pots and pans around? Sit on the couch and watch Tyra?

Self.Destructive.Pattern
08-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Ugh GO AWAY! The first one had some genuine creepiness to it, and it did make me second guess going to the bathroom in the middle of the night... but the second just fell flat for me, and the third I didn't even waste my time. Same old, same old.

ImTheWiseJanitor
08-02-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm full of skepticism about PA4, but that won't stop me from seeing it! It seems like the trailer suggests that weird stuff starts happening after the "new neighbors moved in" or whatever that teenage girl said. Is it just me, or is it hilarious that, after possessing Katie and killing her boyfriend, her sister and her brother-in-law, then kidnapping her nephew, the demon just decides to move into another suburban neighborhood? Like, I kind of assumed they were just going back to hell or something. What does a demon do in suburbia after it's done banging people's pots and pans around? Sit on the couch and watch Tyra?

If the new one has any of that in it, I think I'd feel more inclined to see it for lulz. "Today's Demon Jr.'s first day of school. I was nervous when I watched him get on the bus for the first time, but as soon as he started killing every child inside, I knew he was gonna be just fine."

I might see this. I'm with everyone on liking the first one, and the second one being kinda meh, but I haven't seen the third yet. If I like that one well enough, maybe I'll see this. Conan's right about these movies being more fun in a theater than at home, though! Worth the 8 bucks for a movie ticket, but that's about it for me.

Leman Russ
08-03-2012, 07:52 AM
"Today's Demon Jr.'s first day of school. I was nervous when I watched him get on the bus for the first time, but as soon as he started killing every child inside, I knew he was gonna be just fine."

I'd watch Demon Jr. in school. He could make chalk hit the teacher, knock people off their desk, and nobody would see him do it. I hope his school's mascot is The Devils

carpenoctem
08-03-2012, 04:38 PM
If the new one has any of that in it, I think I'd feel more inclined to see it for lulz. "Today's Demon Jr.'s first day of school. I was nervous when I watched him get on the bus for the first time, but as soon as he started killing every child inside, I knew he was gonna be just fine."

lol'd for real. I like the direction this series is heading.
Paranormal Activity 5: Custody Battle (Hellimony)
Paranormal Activity 6: Not Without My Demon

Ryan
08-03-2012, 09:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxfTnACwvXs

Extended trailer.

Leman Russ
08-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Paranormal Activity 5: Custody Battle (Hellimony)
Paranormal Activity 6: Not Without My Demon

Paranormal Activity 7: GIMME BACK MY SON!

henryeatscereal
08-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Paranormal Activity 8: Kramer VS Demon

Leman Russ
08-10-2012, 07:51 AM
Paranormal Activity 9: Mrs. Doubtdemon

sentient02970
08-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Like OMG, LOL, WTF 4

REPLICA
08-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Paranormal Activity 7: GIMME BACK MY SON!

I can see Harrison Ford in this one!

Leman Russ
08-10-2012, 02:33 PM
I can see Harrison Ford in this one!

Or Mel Gibson. Both are excellent growlers

slave2thewage
09-20-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm trying to watch 3 right now but OH MY GOD IT IS SO FUCKING BORING.

Leman Russ
09-21-2012, 10:31 AM
Yeeeep. I don't have high hopes for part 4, but oh well. It'll give me something to do for an hour when it comes out.

Ryan
09-28-2012, 06:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6vCXXn3XuM

wizfan
09-30-2012, 05:14 PM
A Kinect as a plot device for a horror movie? That's new.

Leman Russ
10-01-2012, 07:20 AM
A Kinect as a plot device for a horror movie? That's new.

If I had a Kinect, I would turn this mode on when people came over to freak them out.

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-19-2012, 02:20 AM
Saw it tonight. ALWAYS fun seeing these movies with friends in a packed theater. I liked it!

Also, there's a short, but really interesting post-credits scene.

Ryan
10-19-2012, 05:02 AM
Saw it tonight. ALWAYS fun seeing these movies with friends in a packed theater. I liked it!

Also, there's a short, but really interesting post-credits scene.

What is it?

p.s. I liked 1-3 and thought 4 was crap. Except for the blonde chick.

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-19-2012, 09:03 AM
Basically, a man speaking Spanishis standing outside of some kind of shop, presumably in Mexico, while holding a video camera and muttering. He walks in, looking at the shelves, then looks at the back of the store to see some kind of black altar with candles and stuff set out. After looking at it for a momet and clearly getting freaked out, he turns around and finds a woman standing in his way, presumably the shop owner or something, saying something in Spanish. He pushes his way past er, and walks backwards out of the store with the lady in frame, then the scene ends.

I'm too lazy to look now, but my buddy said there were descriptions all over the net, some of which had translatted the lady speaking Spanish as saying something like, "It's just the beginning," and the man saying "Witchcraft/Witches are everywhere" or something along those lines.

Which, to me, is super interesting. The newspapers on all the windows in the neighbor's house were all in Spanish, and Ben had talked at some point early on about having to go to Mexico for a while (which is why he was gone for the middle portion of the movie).

In all honesty, a majority of the enjoyment came from us mocking the characters' stupidity, but we all knew what to expect with the movie, so it was all in good fun.

Also: Regarding the Kinect thing, it WAS pretty ridiculous, but did lead to a couple of cool little bits. It was a one-off thing, though. It would be lame I they used it again. Never mind the fact that thousand-year-old demons would likely know how to make their way around an Xbox. Although, I did forget it was a Kinect and thought it was a Wii, leading me to call the demon a "diimon." :P

Ryan
10-19-2012, 08:46 PM
Basically, a man speaking Spanishis standing outside of some kind of shop, presumably in Mexico, while holding a video camera and muttering. He walks in, looking at the shelves, then looks at the back of the store to see some kind of black altar with candles and stuff set out. After looking at it for a momet and clearly getting freaked out, he turns around and finds a woman standing in his way, presumably the shop owner or something, saying something in Spanish. He pushes his way past er, and walks backwards out of the store with the lady in frame, then the scene ends.

I'm too lazy to look now, but my buddy said there were descriptions all over the net, some of which had translatted the lady speaking Spanish as saying something like, "It's just the beginning," and the man saying "Witchcraft/Witches are everywhere" or something along those lines.

Which, to me, is super interesting. The newspapers on all the windows in the neighbor's house were all in Spanish, and Ben had talked at some point early on about having to go to Mexico for a while (which is why he was gone for the middle portion of the movie).

Let me know when it leaks!

Ryan
10-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Oh wait

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyJ0624Vjmo

carpenoctem
10-19-2012, 10:22 PM
I read the synopsis online. I feel like I can probably no longer give this series my money. (Not that it needs it with the typical shoestring budget.) I'm ready for American horror to forget about possessions and supernatural entities and go back to campy slashers.

Ryan
10-20-2012, 07:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t45myDpHXjk

Jinsai
10-21-2012, 04:40 AM
If they're already starting viral marketing for the next entry just as the newest one has landed in theaters, this series needs to be buried and forgotten about asap.

carpenoctem
10-21-2012, 07:51 AM
Well, not necessarily - it's just that the premise is already so thoroughly tapped, they can't make another 90 minutes of "look at that light fixture move in the background" and expect to keep our interest.

Leman Russ
10-23-2012, 07:18 AM
I thought PA4 was way better than the third installment, but still not nearly as entertaining as the first two. The Kinect thing did make for some pretty cool moments, but hopefully they won't keep using it going forward.

I thought the after credits scene was stupid, and pretty poorly marketed. I don't speak spanish, nobody I saw it with speaks spanish, and we were the only ones who stayed to watch it.

kdrcraig
10-27-2012, 01:46 PM
All the activity has led to this piece of shit. The boyfriend was the best part of the movie for his 3 funny lines. Done with this series.