PDA

View Full Version : Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

october_midnight
07-08-2012, 01:33 AM
Awesome! Good to hear he's still seemingly giving it a good effort. If it keeps up at that pace, I'd strongly consider checking out a show when/if he rolls through my neck of the woods. I always thought 'he has to have the props, etc. or it's not worth seeing' but I'm of the opinion now that if he stays on course and clearly shows he's giving all he's got, to hell with it...I just wanna see him rock the hell out again.

Failure
07-08-2012, 09:55 AM
I mean what kind of nutter
a) being an experienced acid user, drops whilst in the pit at a manson show
b) being an inexperienced acid user, drops whilst in the pit at a manson show

The first time I ever tripped was in the pit at a Manson show (Hammerstein Ballroom, November 1998). I was nervous as hell going into the venue, but it turned out to be an amazing experience.

Sutekh
07-08-2012, 10:56 AM
You are made of a different, possibly tougher substance than I am... I will not do acid in an urban or crowded environment, full stop. I enjoy it immensely but it would overwhelm me in such a setting.

I still think it's a bit annoying to drop acid at a show, on your own. I mean if you buckle, what's the safety net? Just assuming poor mugs like me will miss a bit of a show to bail them out... cheers. Maybe that's why she was on her own, mates got fed up babysitting years ago. I'm too soft I suppose

Maybe she got spiked, I dunno. Stranger things happen at sea.

voidnz
07-08-2012, 09:18 PM
There were a few reports on PM of people getting spiked. Very possible.

Sutekh
07-09-2012, 02:48 AM
rock shows = best people in the world, surrounded by the worst

reseen_lamenti
07-11-2012, 07:33 AM
Coma White (full) has replaced Tourniquet in the setlist.

ManBurning
07-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Marilyn Manson will be playing a music festival with Rob Zombie in Phoenix, Arizona called "desert uprising" on September 28th.

http://98kupd.com/desertuprising

The Official Rob Zombie website writes this about the show:

"The two day event is the first show to be announced for a late 2012 Rob Zombie tour and more dates will be announced next Friday."

This was posted on July 9th, so i'm guessing "next friday" could mean this coming Friday, July 13th. If not defiantly have them by Friday the 20th

I guess it's safe to assume that the Rumors back in the spring about Manson and Rob Zombie co-headlining a tour are probably true now.
Looking forward to this, this has the potential to be one hell of a show. Hope they come to Vancouver!

Harry Seaward
07-11-2012, 09:19 PM
The Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson tour has been officially confirmed. The trek will be dubbed the “Twins Of Evil Tour” and will feature opening sets from Korn vocalist Jonathan Davis under his J Devil moniker. Fittingly, the full dates for the trek are due to be announced this coming Friday, July 13th

Source. (http://www.theprp.com/2012/07/11/exclusive/initial-rob-zombie-marilyn-manson-tour-details-revealed)

ManBurning
07-12-2012, 12:42 AM
July 13th is my Birthday. What a nice present! Hopefully there's a Vancouver show. But i'm prepared to drop a few bills to fly wherever I need for the closest show. A show of this magnitude should NOT be missed!

Harry Seaward
07-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Rob Zombie & Marilyn Manson Twins of Evil 2012 Tour Dates:
9/28 Phoenix, AZ — Ashley Furniture Home Store Pavilion
9/29 Las Vegas, NV — Luxor Lot or Red Rocks
10/1 Salt Lake City, UT — USANA Amphitheatre
10/2 Denver, CO — 1st Bank Center
10/4 Topeka, KS — Topeka Expo Center
10/8 Lincoln, NE — Pershing Auditorium
10/9 Mankato, MN — Verizon Wireless Center
10/11 Chicago, IL — Allstate Arena
10/12 Detroit, MI — DTE Energy Music Theatre
10/13 Bloomington, IL — US Cellular Coliseum
10/15 Youngstown, OH — Covelli Center
10/16 Rochester, NY — Armory
10/17 New York, NY – Hammerstein Ballroom
10/19 Camden, NJ — Susquehanna Bank Center
10/20 Uncasville, CT — Mohegan Sun Arena
10/21 Manchester, NH — Verizon Wireless Arena
10/23 Boston, MA — Agganis Arena
10/25 Atlanta, GA — Aaron’s Amphitheatre at Lakewood
10/30 Houston, TX — Reliant Arena
10/31 Dallas, TX — Verizon Wireless Theatre

11/26 London, UK
11/27 Manchester, UK
11/28 Glasgow, UK
11/29 Birmingham, UK
12/1 Luxembourg, Luxembourg
12/2 Bochum, Germany
12/3 Amsterdam, Holland
12/5 Stockholm, Sweden
12/6 Copenhagen, Denmark
12/8 Vienna, Austria
12/9 Munich, Germany
12/11 Basel, Switzerland
12/12 Bologna, Italy

Source. (http://loudwire.com/rob-zombie-and-marilyn-manson-team-up-for-2012-twins-of-evil-tour/)

virushopper
07-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Damn, it's not coming to my town.

ManBurning
07-12-2012, 05:50 PM
hmm... No Vancouver, Seattle or anything in Canada for that matter. Guess i'm going to Vegas! It's the only weekend show that's feasible for me to get to.
Like i said earlier, this is a tour I don't mind dropping a few bills to see. Also, thank god it's the 2nd stop on the tour. Rather see Manson when he is "refreshed" rather then tired from touring, we all know how he gets. ALso, taking a show closer to the start means less of a chance of this getting Cancelled. Seriously, with Ginger Fish and John 5 now in Rob Zombie, talk about akward! Some shit's gonna go down between the members, I can see it now.

However, if they have all made up by now, I look forward to the result... can we say John 5 cameo with Manson? Wow!

SM Rollinger
07-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Nice, im close to lincoln and mankato. Might go just to tape... anybody else?

Oh man, i forgot about Fish and 5 being in Zombies band now, i gotta see this shit for sure

Sutekh
07-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Plus twenty nerd points if youve seen the movie twins of evil

voidnz
07-12-2012, 08:45 PM
I don't think things will be awkward. Manson's in a better place now, I think that kind of petty stuff is behind him.

The chance to see all these musicians is very hard to pass up. I'm gonna see what it'll cost me to travel over. They should do an Australian leg IMO. So jealous.

Harry Seaward
07-12-2012, 09:08 PM
According to all parties who have commented on it, there are no hard feelings between any of them.

Conan The Barbarian
07-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Another show with no Florida date, I have to move the fuck out of this shit state.

reseen_lamenti
07-12-2012, 09:25 PM
It'd be a shame for Zombie to outshine them. Let's hope Mazza doesn't screw this one up.

Conan The Barbarian
07-12-2012, 09:26 PM
If Rob Zombie has his stage show, then yes he will outshine.

THE JOHNNY ROOK
07-13-2012, 12:36 AM
Nice, im close to lincoln and mankato. Might go just to tape... anybody else?

Oh man, i forgot about Fish and 5 being in Zombies band now, i gotta see this shit for sure

I was thinking Mankato, Lincoln or Denver.

ManBurning
07-13-2012, 12:41 AM
Another show with no Florida date, I have to move the fuck out of this shit state.

Really? That's shocking to me, you guys have summer all year round! That must be heaven! Though, i've heard a few people living there saying they wanted to get the hell out, what is so bad about Flordia?

Also, there still might be hope for you. There are 5 days between Atlanta and Houston, TX. A Flordia show could pop up, but It's more than likley going to be a new orleans one I bet.

It'd be a shame for Zombie to outshine them. Let's hope Mazza doesn't screw this one up.

Well, if this snippet taken from that article from the link that Harry Seaward posted above is any indication on what Zombie has in store, I'd say consider Manson outshined to the MAX!

"Zombie is heading into the studio to work on his next album, but in the meantime is set to release the remix disc ‘Mondo Sex Head’ on Aug. 7. He will be joined on the Twins of Evil tour by his stellar band comprised of guitarist John 5, bassist Piggy D and drummer Ginger Fish. Zombie promises an elaborate stage setup complete with “hair-raising theatrics, animatronic robots, oversized LED screens, a non-stop collage of psychotronic monster film clips, a spectacular light show, a gigantic robot with flames shooting out of its body, pyrotechnics, insane guitar riffs and vicious beats. ”

Conan The Barbarian
07-13-2012, 01:01 AM
Really? That's shocking to me, you guys have summer all year round! That must be heaven! Though, i've heard a few people living there saying they wanted to get the hell out, what is so bad about Flordia?

Also, there still might be hope for you. There are 5 days between Atlanta and Houston, TX. A Flordia show could pop up, but It's more than likley going to be a new orleans one I bet.

Well, Specifically south FL, we get shit when it comes to shows, yes its summer all year round and such, but that does not make up for all the missed opportunities that fans miss out on. We get like 2 out of every 10 awesome tours. I was even shocked when Rammstein made a stop here. We get some pretty decent small metal shows, which I don't mind, but even that isn't a common thing.

Still I don't understand why Manson doesn't play the bands home town.

dlb
07-13-2012, 03:41 AM
A show in goddman Munich? Are you kidding me? This is the first time I'll get to finally see Rob again since he opened up for Monster Magnet what seems like aeons ago! :)

I hope he brings his full show to town!

icklekitty
07-13-2012, 04:07 AM
Seriously considering that London date. Hope they play somewhere with reserved seating.

ManBurning
07-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Seriously considering that London date. Hope they play somewhere with reserved seating.

Naahhh! A Zombie/Manson double bill show should be experienced right on the floor in the midst of all the CHAOS!!!!

Space Suicide
07-13-2012, 01:49 PM

Same reason Manson hasn't touched my state since 1999 (I'm not counting his 2003 OzzFest stint here in 2003 either).

decadent
07-13-2012, 02:55 PM
A show in goddman Munich? Are you kidding me? This is the first time I'll get to finally see Rob again since he opened up for Monster Magnet what seems like aeons ago! :)

I hope he brings his full show to town!

I wonder which venue they will chose. If Rob Zombie wants to have his full stage show it has to be Olympiahallte, but I guess it will be Zenith once again.

voidnz
07-14-2012, 04:12 AM
Zombies stage show is awesome, but he has done it for years now. It's gonna be the same as always. Nothing wrong with that, but it's the opposite to Manson's era-oriented style.

Lately he seems more focused on the music which is good and is working because his live voice and performance are 10 times what they've been for the last 8 or 9 years. He kinda hinted in that interview that the stage show isn't what it will be but he doesn't want it to be too much where it becomes rehearsed.

dlb
07-14-2012, 06:39 AM
I wonder which venue they will chose. If Rob Zombie wants to have his full stage show it has to be Olympiahallte, but I guess it will be Zenith once again.

Probably, but I'm actually fine with that. There's simply nothing else of that size around here and if the crew (especially the sound guy) is putting some effort into it the Zenith is a good venue. Circus Krone would be amazing albeit a tad too small for the audience, but the stage is big enough to hold a bigger production like Zombie's.

Anyone know when tickets are up for sale? July 30th I heard...

dlb
07-18-2012, 04:37 AM
So here we go!
Just ordered my ticket for the Munich show and as it turned out it is of course in the Zenith. Anyway, can't wait for Zombie and to a lesser extent Manson, but from what I could gather around here he seems to be in better shape than in 2009 and 2007 and personally I thought that his shows in 2007 weren't THAT bad. So yeah, pretty stoked since I had to pass on Zombie last year in Hamburg eventough the price is quite steep (approx. 50€), but oh well, I have seen less for more money.

decadent
07-18-2012, 10:59 AM
I was just about to post that tickets are out ;) Guess the price is OK since last time I paid ~40 for Manson alone.

I`ve seen both in the last couple of years and if Manson doesn`t get his shit together he will be blown away by Zombie.

NotoriousTIMP
07-18-2012, 12:40 PM
So no Cali dates or Seattle?

ManBurning
07-18-2012, 01:34 PM
So no Cali dates or Seattle?

Yeah, no nothing, can you beleive it? Not even a single date in Canada.
My friend here in Vancouver has convinced me they will be doing another north american leg in the spring after the Europe dates and to wait til then instead of jumping the gun to one of these dates.

He might be right, but on the other hand, if he's not i'm gonna be kicking myself pretty hard. But, when you think about it Alice Cooper and Rob Zombie did the same thing multiple times throughout the year. So, i'm thinking it could be a possibility they come back for another North American round in 2013. Makes me think they'll do soundwave in Australia in Feburary, then Japan and then come back and finish off the west coast and maybe Canada.

sayyosin
07-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Well, Specifically south FL, we get shit when it comes to shows, yes its summer all year round and such, but that does not make up for all the missed opportunities that fans miss out on. We get like 2 out of every 10 awesome tours. I was even shocked when Rammstein made a stop here. We get some pretty decent small metal shows, which I don't mind, but even that isn't a common thing.

Yep, south Florida sucks.

I'm going to the Atlanta show. It'll be fun making a trip out of it.

NotoriousTIMP
07-18-2012, 02:30 PM
I might hit up Vegas or Phoenix.....

NotoriousTIMP
07-27-2012, 09:54 AM
Has anyone picked up Born Villain on vinyl yet? How is the quality?

sayyosin
07-27-2012, 07:56 PM
The difference isn't huge, but the vinyl sounds great. Bass is a little thicker from what I can tell, but I've only listened to it once so far.

reseen_lamenti
07-28-2012, 01:07 AM
Am I the only one who thinks the Born Villain vinyl artwork looks awful? It looks so fucking lazy, they couldn’t make the image fit the cover, or even bother printing anything on the spine?
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7iroaxRgS1qe9ik4o1_400.jpg

elementroejoy
07-28-2012, 08:45 AM
Am I the only one who thinks the Born Villain vinyl artwork looks awful? It looks so fucking lazy, they couldn’t make the image fit the cover, or even bother printing anything on the spine?
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7iroaxRgS1qe9ik4o1_400.jpg
Well the artwork in general is awful

Space Suicide
07-28-2012, 09:34 AM
The artwork for this album irked me the very moment it was revealed. It's so bland, color-by-numbers Manson. Huge downfall. There's not even a booklet with the CD. That's fucking rubbish.

Sutekh
07-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Holy Wood was the last good booklet! But it was very very good. Since then it's just been promo shots and lyrics, or in this case, nothing at all. I suspect the reason is financial

voidnz
07-28-2012, 07:23 PM
TGAOG Booklet wasn't bad. Above average IMO.

Sutekh
07-28-2012, 07:37 PM
each to his own... I recall it just being lyrics and a few promo shots, the only one of which really stays in my memory is that of MM looking at himself in a mirror. Really a bit of a step down after the HW and MA booklets, which had a lot of nice detail & seemed sort of mysterious

aggroculture
07-29-2012, 04:03 AM
TGAOG was done by the awesome Gottfreid Helnwein. Google him, his art is very powerful.

dlb
07-29-2012, 05:26 AM
Helnwein was totally underused for the job. Most of his amazing artwork did not make the cut for the album's artwork or the music videos. Too bad, since he's kick ass. I wonder why no one has contacted him ever since to do some work again.

reseen_lamenti
08-11-2012, 10:07 PM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/553422_10151177458070815_1821008862_n.jpg Manson just posted this photo of John 5 and the caption read - ‘Haha. I love Halloween costumes. I stole this from my former employer’s closet - Both eyes will be black.’ My apathy towards Manson has turned to active dislike. I hope for his sake that I never meet him again. His shows at the start of the year were so bad that I went and watched Black Veil Brides instead. His current material is a joke. His backstage crew are a bunch of absolute morons. I feel so bad that RZ & his wonderful band have to tour with these clowns. That’s probably the biggest reason I didn’t want to go see the Twin’s of Evil tour. I didn’t want to spend half of each show watching Manson even if tickets are fucking free. I will always love the music from when Manson surrounded himself with talent but this… This no longer Manson. Imagine a giant roaring huge fire-breathing 60 foot dragon. Now imagine that same dragon, only (inexplicably) overweight in its old age with its wings and three of its limbs hacked off, pathetically hoping around and spitting out miserable wisps of smoke as it pretends to still be a ferocious beast and everyone laughs at it but ignores it instead of finishing it off because its lair has long been plundered of riches and there is no need to go there anymore. Zombie’s live show, on the other hand, is like fine wine — gets better with age. Manson (the person) is now a washed up Hollywood clown with drug problems and ludicrous grudges against those who helped him get where he is (Pogo, Daisy, Trent, Skold, etc.) and who USED to be an amazing performance artist. Seems Manson gets intimidated by real talent or something. What is Manson’s deal picking on John 5 all the damn time? Thing is now, John can say whatever he wants to in response to this, Manson isn’t his boss any more. However, I know John won’t. Good on him. Do you know why? Because he is a PROFESSIONAL, unlike Manson who is a perpetual immature little bitch. My question is is Zombie himself going to stick up for John? I hope so. I’d laugh if Zombie or John (or even Ginger!) beat the living fuck out of Manson at their ToE show, after all he has put them through over the years. C’mon John, don’t stand for this has-been bitching at you!

reseen_lamenti
08-11-2012, 10:31 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8ly0tHtTn1rdc55co1_1280.jpg Artwork for Slo-Mo-Tion. The single will be released next week. http://​marilynmanson.tumblr.com/

NotoriousTIMP
08-12-2012, 02:12 AM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/553422_10151177458070815_1821008862_n.jpg Manson just posted this photo of John 5 and the caption read - ‘Haha. I love Halloween costumes. I stole this from my former employer’s closet - Both eyes will be black.’ My apathy towards Manson has turned to active dislike. I hope for his sake that I never meet him again. His shows at the start of the year were so bad that I went and watched Black Veil Brides instead. His current material is a joke. His backstage crew are a bunch of absolute morons I feel so bad that RZ & his wonderful band have to tour with these clowns. That’s probably the biggest reason I didn’t want to go see the Twin’s of Evil tour. I didn’t want to spend half of each show watching Manson even if tickets are fucking free. I will always love the music from when Manson surrounded himself with talent but this… This no longer Manson. Imagine a giant roaring huge fire-breathing 60 foot dragon. Now imagine that same dragon, only (inexplicably) overweight in its old age with its wings and three of its limbs hacked off, pathetically hoping around and spitting out miserable wisps of smoke as it pretends to still be a ferocious beast and everyone laughs at it but ignores it instead of finishing it off because its lair has long been plundered of riches and there is no need to go there anymore. Zombie’s live show, on the other hand, is like fine wine — gets better with age. Manson (the person) is now a washed up Hollywood clown with drug problems and ludicrous grudges against those who helped him get where he is (Pogo, Daisy, Trent, Skold, etc.) and who USED to be an amazing performance artist. Seems Manson gets intimidated by real talent or something. What is Manson’s deal picking on John 5 all the damn time? Thing is now, John can say whatever he wants to in response to this, Manson isn’t his boss any more. However, I know John won’t. Good on him. Do you know why? Because he is a PROFESSIONAL, unlike Manson who is a perpetual immature little bitch. My question is is Rob Zombie himself going to stick up for John? I hope so. I’d laugh if Zombie or John (or even Ginger!) beat the living fuck out of Manson at their ToE show, after all he has put them through over the years. C’mon John, don’t stand for this has-been bitching at you!

John5, is that you?

BRoswell
08-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Manson Goes Through LAX Security With "Fuck You" Written On Face (http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/marilyn-manson-goes-lax-security-f-scrawled-face-201333233.html)

Picture (http://worldofwonder.net/posts/2012/08/10/try-harder-honey/#utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+WowReport+(WOW+Report)&utm_content=Bloglines)

NotoriousTIMP
08-12-2012, 06:52 PM
^^^
Saw that on reddit but the picture wasn't posted then.

wizfan
08-13-2012, 03:24 AM
I'm probably in the minority: not a die-hard Manson fanboy, but I like Born Villain. It grows on me with each listen.

Piko
08-13-2012, 08:28 AM
Its grown on me some since I first heard it. I don't know if I'd call it a return to form though.

pigpen
08-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Manson Goes Through LAX Security With "Fuck You" Written On Face (http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/marilyn-manson-goes-lax-security-f-scrawled-face-201333233.html)

Picture (http://worldofwonder.net/posts/2012/08/10/try-harder-honey/#utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+WowReport+(WOW+Report)&utm_content=Bloglines)

Whoa, he looks awful. I've not seen a picture of him in a while, and maybe this is just a really bad picture, but he looks terrible..

Deepvoid
08-13-2012, 09:28 AM
Saw him last night at Heavy MTL. The guy is done. Vocals were terrible. He looked awful. Setlist was decent though.
Slipknot played after and they made Manson look like a Disney musical.

kdrcraig
08-13-2012, 10:02 AM
Bought tickets to see him and Rob Zombie in October. I haven't listened to anything after Golden Age, is it worth it to check out his newer albums for the live show or not even bother?

NotoriousTIMP
08-13-2012, 10:18 AM
Skip his albums and hope you catch him on a good night when it comes to the live shows. I really wish I could have seen him during his peak period of 97-00, those shows and the supporting albums look like they rocked, unlike the last few tours. I'd say the last decent show I saw was during the Least We Forget period. I saw him in San Diego back in 2008/2009 (can't remember exactly when) and he was a bloated mess, but still managed to put on a semi-decent show. At least you have Rob Zombie as a co-headliner. I've seen him twice, once with a full area setup, the other was in a small venue in San Diego with a very stripped down stage show, and both times he killed it. I wish RZ would come up to Seattle but chances of that happening look slim :(

Shadaloo
08-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Saw 'em last night at Heavy MTL. Gotta say he sounded pretty top-notch and put on a great show.

imail724
08-13-2012, 11:36 AM
Saw him last night at Heavy MTL. The guy is done. Vocals were terrible. He looked awful. Setlist was decent though.
Slipknot played after and they made Manson look like a Disney musical.

Saw 'em last night at Heavy MTL. Gotta say he sounded pretty top-notch and put on a great show.
This thread summed up.

Space Suicide
08-13-2012, 11:48 AM
This thread summed up.

As I've said before: it all comes down to personal opinion.

kdrcraig
08-13-2012, 12:45 PM
Skip his albums and hope you catch him on a good night when it comes to the live shows.

Cool, I had zero interest in his last few albums just wanted to make sure none of the new songs were a big part of his set these days. It's been years since I've seen him, I've never seen Zombie so if he wasn't on the bill I wouldn't be going just for Manson.

Shadaloo
08-13-2012, 09:58 PM
This thread summed up.

Isn't it just?

Maybe I should go a little more in-depth since I posted my prior comment yesterday in a quick happy fit of drunk: I think his vox have significantly improved since he performed that embarrassingly under-sold show here at the Metropolis on THEOL tour. This marks the third time I've seen him; the first being on the HW tour.

Now, at no point, even back then, would I have ever said that he's been a mind-blowing live singer. As far as I know he's always taken trips backstage to huff oxygen (and change costumes) between songs. But I can honestly say last night it looked like he was having a lot of fun and really putting a solid effort in, this as opposed to last time when he just sort of wore a trenchcoat and more or less stood in one place for the whole show. He's also definitely lost weight since then.

That said, he takes it easier on the theatrics these days, which is disappointing. Gone, it seems, are the days of crutches, stilts, and rising ten feet above the floor (single best part of the very brief HW show here which he cut short when he broke his hand or some such).

LaneSax
08-16-2012, 12:52 PM
free download of a Slo-Mo-Tion remix

http://rcrdlbl.com/2012/08/16/premiere_marilyn_manson_slo_mo_tion_dirtyphonics_r emix_

october_midnight
08-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Gone, it seems, are the days of crutches, stilts, and rising ten feet above the floor

Without a forklift. IT WAS TOO EASY. I HAD TO.

Seriously though, like I've said...for me the theatrics were always backseat in terms of importance for his live shows (as weird as that is considering who we're discussing)...it was always kinda integral sure, but I just want someone to give it their all...and for the past few years he hasn't. If he is now, I'm game...but even the clips from shows I've seen from shows where fanboys said 'FUCK THAT, HE WAS AMAZING. TOP FORM.' it seemed that it sounded like shit run over twice. Agreed though that he never was an amazing vocalist, but I always dug the way he sounded personally. The effort is key for me.

Space Suicide
08-16-2012, 01:49 PM
free download of a Slo-Mo-Tion remix

http://rcrdlbl.com/2012/08/16/premiere_marilyn_manson_slo_mo_tion_dirtyphonics_r emix_

I love remixes, I love Marilyn Manson remixes and I love Slo-mo-tion but that remix is awful. Anyone can change tempos and add in a drum beat in the background. Ugh.

sayyosin
08-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Fuck brostep remixes.

ManBurning
08-16-2012, 10:35 PM
I love remixes, I love Marilyn Manson remixes and I love Slo-mo-tion but that remix is awful. Anyone can change tempos and add in a drum beat in the background. Ugh.

I was about to agree with this post until I got to 1:27 and the dubstep beats started and my opinion of this track went from a 1 to a 10!

aggroculture
08-17-2012, 04:37 AM
The NYC stop of the Rob Zombie/Manson show is US $94.85 for GA. Fuck that. $50, OK. $100? Yeah right.

imail724
08-17-2012, 11:02 AM
Wow. FUCK that!

Sutekh
08-17-2012, 06:37 PM
my tickets for the 02 in london cost £45

so ner

(don't get to brag about things in UK being cheap very often)

aggroculture
08-17-2012, 06:58 PM
That's $70: not cheap and more than I would consider acceptable for a rock concert ticket. I'd rather see a band in a club where you can actually see and hear the band than some overblown bullshit rock theater for a ton of money. But Manson would never expose himself to a club tour...

Harry Seaward
08-17-2012, 07:21 PM
That's $70: not cheap and more than I would consider acceptable for a rock concert ticket. I'd rather see a band in a club where you can actually see and hear the band than some overblown bullshit rock theater for a ton of money. But Manson would never expose himself to a club tour...

Is $70, or even $100, really too much money for a double headliner with Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie? I understand if you're not into them that much, but that seems fair enough to me.

Then again, maybe I've been to too many Maynard James Keenan concerts and I'm jaded by ticket prices...

Space Suicide
08-17-2012, 08:53 PM
$70-$100 for a show that has two co-headlining acts? Might as well say you're paying for two seperate shows with prices that low that seem high.

ManBurning
08-17-2012, 10:12 PM
Considering I paid $150 for Rammstein last May, $100 for 2 main headling acts such as Manson and Zombie together seems like a steal of a deal.

bobbie solo
08-18-2012, 01:06 AM
no, i just think you got ripped off, and/or you (and many others sadly) are just meekly going along with the skyrocketing prices that Live Nation, AEG, Bowery Presents and other promoters throw at us. its not like theyre going up 2 or 3 dollars a year. Bigger shows are going up $10, $15, even $30 every year. It's ridiculous, and when it's has been acts like these, it esp. gets exposed.

bobbie solo
08-18-2012, 01:07 AM
also, is there a 3rd band on the tour? if so, they can say co-headline all they want, unless both bands are playing 80 minutes or more, it ain't a co-headline.

Harry Seaward
08-18-2012, 01:12 AM
also, is there a 3rd band on the tour? if so, they can say co-headline all they want, unless both bands are playing 80 minutes or more, it ain't a co-headline.

Jonathan Davis is doing a DJ set as J-Devil or some nonsense.

And I guess we'll see how long they play once the tour starts.

aggroculture
08-18-2012, 05:48 AM
Considering I paid $150 for Rammstein last May, $100 for 2 main headling acts such as Manson and Zombie together seems like a steal of a deal.

You're insane. Or you can't have been going to concerts for long and have no perspective.
And there's no such thing as co-headliners.

decadent
08-18-2012, 06:30 AM
You're insane. Or you can't have been going to concerts for long and have no perspective.
And there's no such thing as co-headliners.

Not everything is measured in $$$. The pleasure of seeing your favourite band live (and in Rammsteins case the show is the best you could ever experience) is worth much more than some 150$.

dlb
08-18-2012, 07:02 AM
tickets are about 60$ over here. quite steep but compared to other concerts you get quite alot for your money. Nickelback for example are charging up to 90$. that's ONE band with ONE not so spectacular live show for you.

the price for concert tickets overall is insane tough. prices have easily doubled since the Euro. I remember a time where going to concerts was one of the cheaper ways to spend your free time. oh well...

aggroculture
08-18-2012, 08:49 AM
Zombie I know he'll put on a good show, he's a professional. But both Manson shows I've seen have been disappointing: the first was OK, nothing special (NYC 2004?), the second (Download 2009) was a joke. So there's no guarantee, for me, that Manson will actually be any good for that 1/2 of $100. Plus as far as I know they still don't have a guitarist in the band...

Though their music is garbage, Nickelback are actually a pretty good live band, with an engaging show (if you like that kind of thing, which you probably don't): my point is that Nickelback know how to satisfy their fans, Manson has been failing repeatedly at that for a long time now. I just can't afford to gamble $100 on him right now. I wish I could afford a "not everything is measured in $$$" philosophy, but so far my lottery ticket has not hit the jackpot.

dlb
08-18-2012, 09:24 AM
I meant no offense. If you don't feel like shelling out your hard earned dollars for that show than that's fine and no one can really argue about that. I for one am definitely going, but I think I can already say that I will have had better live experiences for far less money. Had I seen Zombie recently I might have let the opportunity pass, but it's been ages so I really want to see him and I take Manson as a nice extra. :)

aggroculture
08-18-2012, 09:50 AM
No worries, I am not offended, and don't mean to appear hostile either. Just a bit disappointed this tour is so expensive. Power of the Riff (SunnO))), Pentagram, Agnostic Front, Winter, Poison Idea, Repulsion and a ton of other bands) is $36 a night over two nights, and I know it's going to be a much better show.

october_midnight
08-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Here's MM butchering the ever loving hell out of some Doors covers...with the Doors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHh5RBf9q4U&feature=player_embedded

reseen_lamenti
08-20-2012, 07:23 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m92wliwfZ11qc81zyo1_500.png
Steve Coy’s (official site webmaster) observations on his employer’s blatant alcoholism.

henryeatscereal
08-20-2012, 10:36 PM
Here's MM butchering the ever loving hell out of some Doors covers...with the Doors.

He's butchering his own live songs on the current tour, so im not surprised

...At least it's not the "Days of the New" guy playing "The End"

SM Rollinger
08-21-2012, 07:17 AM
Any idea who that is on drums? its not densmore is it?

Harry Seaward
08-21-2012, 07:35 AM
Any idea who that is on drums? its not densmore is it?

Jason Sutter.

SM Rollinger
08-21-2012, 07:48 AM
Jason Sutter.
thats kinda what i figured. its cool to see twiggy up there though. But i still feel like he could do alot better (musically,) than staying with Manson. Is he still in APC?

Harry Seaward
08-21-2012, 08:00 AM
thats kinda what i figured. its cool to see twiggy up there though. But i still feel like he could do alot better (musically,) than staying with Manson. Is he still in APC?

I agree. And no, he's not in APC. He's devoted full time to Manson. If it were up to me, he'd get back to working with Goon Moon. They're so much better than anything Manson has put out in recent years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSZjBAl3zOw

Harry Seaward
08-21-2012, 10:59 AM
Also, there should be a new video here (http://marilynmanson.com/video/slo-mo-tion/), any minute now.

october_midnight
08-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Well, that video was....kinda dull.

Harry Seaward
08-21-2012, 11:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h3QLH_91G4

Completely void of any thought or commentary, but it's visually fantastic imo.

Conan The Barbarian
08-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Pretty neat.

LaneSax
08-21-2012, 11:46 AM
colorful indeed, think No Reflection video was better though

SM Rollinger
08-21-2012, 03:29 PM
looks cool

i just have such a hard time getting into MM since around TGAOG days, not only has the music been on a downhill slide, but the lyrics lack any real thoughtfullness anymore (@ least compared to the earlier stuff). maybe hes just ran out of ideas? or the drug abuse? i hate to say this, but in 10 years hes gonna end up like poor al jourgensen

slave2thewage
08-21-2012, 03:33 PM
Initial thoughts on the new video:

"I. CAN'T."

Space Suicide
08-21-2012, 04:53 PM
I like the music video. Nay I say, to me, it's the best video since Putting Holes in Happiness.

Highly Psychological
08-21-2012, 05:59 PM
That is one of the most dreary, flat, dull songs i have heard in a long time. its really, really boring?? The director must have a really powerful enthusiastic imagination if he can get that inspired by that dirge. Wtf The track is just a crap voice droning??? Not one note of the music goes anywhere?
I wonder what the director is like with a good song?

Harry Seaward
08-21-2012, 06:02 PM
That is one of the most dreary, flat, dull songs i have heard in a long time. its really, really boring?? The director must have a really powerful enthusiastic imagination if he can get that inspired by that dirge. Wtf The track is just a crap voice droning??? Not one note of the music goes anywhere?
I wonder what the director is like with a good song?

The director was Marilyn Manson.

Highly Psychological
08-21-2012, 06:13 PM
Oh my god lol seriously? He directed that video? Wow. Him? Song is still undeniably boring though.

danebraddy
08-21-2012, 08:30 PM
Disclaimer: I like the album and am a 'fan'

This video is horrible. Firstly, I wouldn't have picked this as a single. (Born Villain, Children of Cain or Lay down... would have been better).

Secondly, after the NR video, I really hoped he was over the 'film me standing there trying to look menacing, reaching out to the camera' style or music video.

Thirdly, the masked gunman opening up on the public seems like a desperate grab for attention following Aurora. Even if this was shot before (Wikipedia suggests it was shot a couple of weeks back), including that in this video is either disrespectful or pathetic (probably both).

There were some positives to take away - the use of florescent paint was cool (although I'd seen it before, rather recently (http://vimeo.com/46522513#at=0)) and the direction was pretty good considering the tired and crappy concept, which shows that he isn't completely useless.

/my2cents

cesmfacil
08-22-2012, 11:07 AM
The bulk of the video could have been shot before and that bit was tacked on maybe. His recent comments on the shooting were not at all like his considered comments after Columbine:

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2012/08/marilyn_manson_sunset_strip_music_festival.php

Conan The Barbarian
08-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Someone needs to tell him that being a drunk is not funny. Ugh.

Sutekh
08-23-2012, 08:37 AM
The flourescent paint thing was done ages ago by antiproduct and punish yourself

The Goon Moon LP feels more like Manson than the past few Manson albums... I really wish Goon would support MM, seems to make sense seeing as they have more or less the same lineup

Space Suicide
08-23-2012, 09:29 AM
The bulk of the video could have been shot before and that bit was tacked on maybe. His recent comments on the shooting were not at all like his considered comments after Columbine:

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2012/08/marilyn_manson_sunset_strip_music_festival.php

I like his music a lot still but my views and opinions of him as a person has waned entirely. He is like a 180 in the way he acts, talks and is. I'm sure if 1997 Manson saw himself how he acts and is today he'd get laughed out of the building.

Hazekiah
09-15-2012, 03:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7SB9aiNoqs&feature=player_embedded

EVERYTHING YOU DO IS A PIECE OF A PLANE
PLUMMETING TOWARDS A PITIFUL, DYING EARTH
BUT YOUR ART, WHAT YOU CREATE
IS STEPPING ONTO THE BURNING WING
AND FORGETTING SILLY THINGS
LIKE LIFE AND DEATH
FOR A MOMENT
JUST TO ENJOY FOR ONE SECOND
A GLIMPSE OF BEAUTY
BEFORE YOU ARE REDUCED TO ASHES

\m/ -_- \m/

nimh
09-20-2012, 06:11 PM
i am trs bitch but mm made some real cool stuff here. we are all getting older and where's the trippy shit anymore? at least someone done it for NO REASON except for us........ ummm

Space Suicide
09-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Wait, what?

reseen_lamenti
09-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Charlie, izzat you?

henryeatscereal
09-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Nobody has posted this, personally i find it hilarious...

http://robzombie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/20120919-165424.jpg

Conan The Barbarian
09-20-2012, 11:17 PM
That is actually pretty cool.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Sutekh
09-24-2012, 03:10 PM
J-devil has dropped out and been replaced by sid wilson from slipknot

Maul
09-28-2012, 02:06 PM
A new video for ''Hello,Cruel World'' has been posted in the amptv Youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXm5oFFHfLY

In my opinion this is the best song off Born Villain and deserved a decent video.I like the live shots of the band.

Sutekh
09-28-2012, 02:12 PM
This song is really good live, the strobing with the double bass pedalling was great, has a little horn sort of feel

Hazekiah
09-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Haha, I think you meant "Hey, Cruel World."

AWESOME fucking video, btw! Great intro for the album and the shows for sure, definitely a highlight of any set.

Maul
09-28-2012, 04:44 PM
I can't believe I actually wrote Hello instead of Hey.That's why you never should write three different things at the same time while listening to some loud Static-X.

Magtig
10-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Charles Manson wrote Marilyn Manson a letter, according to Antiquiet (http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2012/09/crazy-murdering-asshole-writes-to-marilyn-manson/):

http://cdn.antiquiet.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Charles-Manson-letter-to-Marilyn.jpg

The letter reads: “To Marilyn Manson, It’s taken me a long time to get there from where I could touch M. Manson. Now I got a card to play – you may look into my non-profit, ATWA, and give Manson what you think he’s got coming for Air, Trees, Water, and you. Or I will pay Manson what you think Manson got coming – the music has make Manson into Abraxas Devil, and I’m SURE you would want some of what I got from what I got. It’s a far out balance. Beyond good and bad, right, wrong. What you don’t do is what I will do – what you did a sing-along, and let it roll and said how you saved me a lot of steps – I don’t need, it’s not a need or a want. Couped – coup. Ghost dancers slay together and you’re just in my grave Sunstroker Corona-coronas-coronae – you seen me from under with it all standing on me. That’s 2 dump trucks – doing the same as CMF 000007. Charles Manson.”

henryeatscereal
10-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Jesus, that's weirder than MM's lyrics...

DF118
10-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Jesus, that's weirder than MM's lyrics...

It's also probably given him enough material for three or four new concept albums.

henryeatscereal
10-01-2012, 01:07 PM
It's also probably given him enough material for three or four new concept albums.
That would be awesome, let's just hope they're more like "Antichrist Superstar" and less like "Golden Age of grotesque"

Space Suicide
10-01-2012, 04:53 PM
The fuck? Endless rambling...

thelastdisciple
10-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Nobody has posted this, personally i find it hilarious...

http://robzombie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/20120919-165424.jpg
Zombie looks like he could eat Manson for dinner, i love this pic.

ManBurning
10-03-2012, 02:03 AM
Manson will be releasing a deluxe edition of Born Villain with new artwork / packaging and about 2-3 addiitonal songs that were cut from the original, before "the holiday season"

"as he hits the road with Rob Zombie (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/artist/rob-zombie/138348) for their Twins Of Evil Tour, Marilyn Manson (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/artist/marilyn-manson/36874) is preparing to release a little more villainous music to the world. Manson tells Billboard.com that he plans to release a "special edition" of his latest album "Born Villain" this fall, probably "shortly before the holiday," which will have two and possibly three additional songs as well as special packaging.
"They're not just acoustic versions or demos or stuff like that," Manson says. "They're really good songs that were going to go on the album but I didn't want the album to be too long. I knew there would be the opportunity to use them for something."

http://www.billboard.com/news/marilyn-manson-rob-zombie-talk-twins-tour-1007964992.story#/news/marilyn-manson-rob-zombie-talk-twins-tour-1007964992.story

imail724
10-03-2012, 07:54 AM
I wonder if the new songs will be incorporated into the album or just bonus tracks tacked into the end. Also, here's to hoping the new artwork is less... shitty.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

henryeatscereal
10-03-2012, 08:54 AM
great, i just wasted 14 bucks in the regular edition, let's see if he prints the fuckin lyrics this time for a change...

Maul
10-03-2012, 09:38 AM
It's a little lame to re-release an album after only a few months from the first edition release.I hope the deluxe features are good enough for me to buy it this time.

NotoriousTIMP
10-03-2012, 10:11 AM
great, i just wasted 14 bucks in the regular edition, let's see if he prints the fuckin lyrics this time for a change...

Do you really need to read his lyrics?

henryeatscereal
10-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Do you really need to read his lyrics?
On a second thought... maybe not, LOL

But seriously, making an all black cover with 2 cheap photos of him and a note reading "Lyrics at bornvillain.com"?
Like Bart said: "He's not even trying anymore!"

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060329204150/waldo/images/2/2a/Simpsons1.JPG

NotoriousTIMP
10-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Not sure if this has been discussed in here yet but MA got a 2012 repress and goes for cheap (even cheaper on eBay)

http://www.amazon.com/Mechanical-Animals-Marilyn-Manson/dp/B008I3LSZM/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1349278286&sr=1-1&keywords=Marilyn+Manson

kdrcraig
10-20-2012, 09:38 AM
Saw Manson last night with Zombie and that's the last time I'll ever go to see him, he was fucking terrible. He was so drunk he could barely speak, let alone sing his fucking songs that I paid to see performed. I was embarrassed for him, it was worse than I thought it would be from the things I've read recently about how he is live. At one point Twiggy went over and said something to him which I imagine was along the lines of "Shut the fuck up, get your shit together and sing the damn songs" to which Manson replied "What Twiggy, do you want to fight me" What a god damn disappointment, good thing Zombie kicked all kinds of ass.

GibbonBlack
10-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Saw Manson last night with Zombie and that's the last time I'll ever go to see him, he was fucking terrible. He was so drunk he could barely speak, let alone sing his fucking songs that I paid to see performed. I was embarrassed for him, it was worse than I thought it would be from the things I've read recently about how he is live. At one point Twiggy went over and said something to him which I imagine was along the lines of "Shut the fuck up, get your shit together and sing the damn songs" to which Manson replied "What Twiggy, do you want to fight me" What a god damn disappointment, good thing Zombie kicked all kinds of ass.

I hope you're mistaken. I know you're not, but I hope and hope.

october_midnight
10-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Not surprised. Also something that's been making me chuckle over the past few days is Oderus from GWAR and Buzz from The Melvins basically destroying Rob Zombie and Manson in interviews.

In a recent interview with the Broward Palm Beach New Times, GWAR frontman David Brockie (a.k.a. Oderus Urungus) was asked about the fact that GWAR isn't regarded as "shocking" as the band used to be.

"A lot of bands have tried to do what GWAR does," Brockie said "But no band has ever taken it as far as GWAR has. No one has ever out-sicked us.

You think these Walmart behemoths of the music industry like Marilyn Manson or Rob Zombie are really scary people? That they have any kind of revolutionary agenda? All they care about is making money, and hanging out with their director buddies as they throw gala award ceremonies to circle jerk each other into a frenzy. GWAR is where GWAR should be: In the drawer marked filth."

He continued, "There would not be SLIPKNOT without GWAR. I have a direct quote from Rob Zombie about GWAR when he was figuring out what he wanted to do with his career. They asked him, 'Hey what do you think of them?' and he said, 'The first time I saw GWAR, I thought 'I want to be that, but I want to make money.'' That, to me, says a lot about Rob Zombie as an artist. It says that he isn't one.

I give Manson a little more credit. He has a strand of pure obnoxiousness in him. I heard a story, some girl tried to get his signature and he hocked a huge bloody loogie. 'There's my signature.'

Rob Zombie is a tired, G-Rated mishmash of other people's styles.

When I see SLIPKNOT I see lots of pentagrams and cow skulls. Really familiar imagery. What I do like about SLIPKNOT is their music. Their drummer is fucking amazing. But when I get to Marilyn Manson, he's a little harder to peg. A little Alice Cooper, a little Bowie, a little Johnny Rotten.

GWAR has done similar things. We've borrowed liberally from other shit. But no one has gone further than GWAR has gone."

Sutekh
10-20-2012, 03:33 PM
GG allin did, Iggy Pop did, brian jonestown, the parkinsons, boyd rice, mayhem...

But otherwise yeah

However! White zombie were actually a really good band. Yeah Rob's cred as a transgressive rock stuntman is a little dubious, but frontman antics aside... There is this small matter of actual music... La sexorcisto and astro creep were truly decent

seasonsinthesky
10-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Not sure if this has been discussed in here yet but MA got a 2012 repress and goes for cheap (even cheaper on eBay)

http://www.amazon.com/Mechanical-Animals-Marilyn-Manson/dp/B008I3LSZM/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1349278286&sr=1-1&keywords=Marilyn+Manson

thanks! was hoping to get this with the altered tracklist someday. too bad they don't seem to have stuck to the original vinyl colours, though.

Space Suicide
10-20-2012, 10:57 PM
GWAR is an uninteresting, stereotypical heavy metal band that people love to cast as the band of a satanic, metal fan's stereotype favorite band. Nothing is that interesting about decapitations and fake blood slinging at a crowd. They've got a gimmick just like RZ and MM do. Their music just never went as mainstream. They've also done the same act for 20 plus years and I echo Sutekh's statement of other artists crossing the line more than GWAR.

No, I'm NOT stating MM or RZ are better than GWAR or whatever so no one get the idea I'm defending them.

october_midnight
10-20-2012, 11:41 PM
Speaking from a viewpoint of someone older, I believe you miss the point of GWAR entirely.

"They've got a gimmick". Uhh yeah. Only thing is they keep it funny...the very reason I can name you about 10 of my friends that stopped listening to MM after the POAAF days when he at least had a sense of humor about himself and turned in to a fat, bloated gimmick on two legs.

Space Suicide
10-21-2012, 12:34 AM
Well, no joke. I'm not that clueless. I know they're a satirical metal band. Never claimed them to be anything different. They've done the same thing for many, many years and I don't care much for them.

I don't care for MM personally these days so whatever. Anything you say about his irrelevancy won't bother me.

kdrcraig
10-22-2012, 07:13 AM
I don't care for GWAR, went and saw them once and hated it. However, I would rather go see them every night than sit through another Manson set.

smokey_mcpot
10-22-2012, 05:09 PM

thanks for the heads up trentsinmypants, my original was stolen (:mad:) a few weeks after i bought it (the week it came out)... fucking tweekers.

thefragile_jake
10-29-2012, 03:31 AM

Oh wow, you're not kidding...watch this crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-vn0flXocM

GibbonBlack
10-29-2012, 08:08 AM
I really felt sad watching that

Space Suicide
10-29-2012, 08:42 AM
I really felt sad watching that

I know he's older but on stage it seems his 'fire' is but a dull spark.

henryeatscereal
10-29-2012, 09:28 AM
gosh, that was painful to see, maybe the "Twins of evil" tour wasn't a good idea, he's just being ridiculed night after night...

Conan The Barbarian
10-29-2012, 04:42 PM
um wow. I think if Manson got sober and just got his head on straight, then maybe he could be back to what he was. Its kind of like the end of The Doors where Jim just stopped giving a fuck and got fat and wasted, only difference is that Morrison actually still kicked ass.

Magtig
10-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Ugh... that was unbelievably bad. Watching Manson go down like this is torturous in a lot of ways. What a waste.

Apparently Manson threatened to kick Rob Zombie's ass after (according to Zombie) ending his own set early, and then blaming it on Zombie.

http://youtu.be/NzHunPTH588

Piko
10-29-2012, 06:42 PM
I couldn't believe what I saw. Like, making me wonder if he's just trolling everyone. I doubt it though.

Khrz
10-29-2012, 07:23 PM
He's painting himself a jawline now ? Is that fucking make up ? Holy hell, we're not on the high end of low anymore... I really, really wanted to believe he could snap out of it and get back on track. But that's just too sad to watch, I don't think I care anymore. Reznor may have lost the edge I loved, but at least he's a human being I can still look up to, and not a perpetual embarrassment.

thefragile_jake
10-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Trent losing an edge? What do you mean, just like by raw fast aggressive music? I would rather someone approaching 50 to make music that ages with him as opposed to guys like 50 + still making music that sounds like that of someone 30 years younger.

That's just me though, I'm okay with Trent's music being less "Letting You" and more "Echoplex" if that makes any sense.

Collin
10-29-2012, 10:22 PM
Trent losing an edge? What do you mean, just like by raw fast aggressive music? I would rather someone approaching 50 to make music that ages with him as opposed to guys like 50 + still making music that sounds like that of someone 30 years younger.

That's just me though, I'm okay with Trent's music being less "Letting You" and more "Echoplex" if that makes any sense.

Totally agree with this. One of the best things about following artists for years is watching as they grow and challenge their sound. Manson's basically been rooted in the same formulaic style since day one. He's made good records in his heyday, no doubt, but he just needs to grow up and get over it, after all, he's 43. This Rob Zombie stuff is really stupid too, just further goes to show Manson's perpetual immaturity.

Khrz
10-30-2012, 01:33 AM
Yeah, that wasn't like that, it's just that his music doesn't blow my mind like it used to. YZ was an interesting exploration, but it lacked soul and got stale fast. Anyway, that's off topic.
I think what we have here is a Brian Warner desperately clinging to his Manson persona to make it all right again, to fix the fact that he's had nothing to say for more than ten year now, to hide the fact that he's getting indeed too old for this shit. Problem is, Manson has always been a dick, and dope and booze don't make you deep or edgy. What was interesting was Warner speaking via Manson, but there's not much of that left apparently...

SM Rollinger
10-30-2012, 11:19 AM
wow, that was terrible. i used to love this guy, now he is a joke. such a waste.

i feel like he is trying to provoke people by wearing that SS dress uniform cap. pretty lame imo, that shit isnt cool. hes made subtile allusions to nazism in the past, so this isnt the first time. golden age was full of em, the swastika-esque tattoo on his forearm, ect. even the lightning bolt symbol was used by communications personnal in the wehrmacht (anybody else notice that one?) dont get me wrong, i find the third reich facinating too. but as a historical study though. it just isnt right to make something so horrible into something entertaining/artistic.

that last line seems like something that brian would have railed against 10 years ag maybe it is some joke on the state of our society and its just not coming acros right? i doubt it, especialy after reading some of the court documents from back when stephen brier took brian to court for spening the bands money on shit for his wife at the time and nazi uniforms.

Khrz
10-30-2012, 12:20 PM
The GAOG era was specifically referencing the '40ies cultural environment ; Rock and roll, dadaism and, of course, Nazism, drawing parallels between that society and ours. Had the album been a bit more focused thematically and musically, it could have been a great one, in my opinion.
Nowadays ? Who knows why he does stuff ? His ego has constantly inflated for decades, then crumbled on itself and gone supermassive. You just don't make a star out of a black hole.

henryeatscereal
10-30-2012, 12:54 PM
The GAOG era was specifically referencing the '40ies cultural environment ; Rock and roll, dadaism and, of course, Nazism, drawing parallels between that society and ours. Had the album been a bit more focused thematically and musically, it could have been a great one, in my opinion.
Nowadays ? Who knows why he does stuff ? His ego has constantly inflated for decades, then crumbled on itself and gone supermassive. You just don't make a star out of a black hole.
I agree, conceptually "Golden Age of Grotesque" could have been one of Manson's best works: sadly the music (mostly mediocre loops by Tim Skold and the most uninspired John 5 guitars i've ever heard), the dumb and forced lyrics ("hold the S because I am aint") and the Faith No More ripoff ("mObscene") ruined this fuckin album beyond repair, making it one of the worst Manson's works ever!

fillow
10-30-2012, 01:18 PM
I'm waiting for Hazekiah to show up and start defending him again

Sutekh
10-30-2012, 01:50 PM
. even the lightning bolt symbol was used by communications personnal in the wehrmacht (anybody else notice that one?)

I think it was supposed to evoke the British Union of Fascists' rallies

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/codex_magica/images/codex_161.jpg

But could just as easily be a riff on the SS logo, floyd's crossed hammers, the bowie/ziggy flash logo. The BUF earls court rally (pictured above) does remind me of the setup mm uses during "antichrist superstar" though

The GAOG era was specifically referencing the '40ies cultural environment ; Rock and roll, dadaism and, of course, Nazism, drawing parallels between that society and ours. Had the album been a bit more focused thematically and musically, it could have been a great one, in my opinion..

GAOG was supposed to evoke the 20s/30s weimar republic culture (which was all banned and swept away by the 40s). Also rock n roll didn't really come about till the fifties. Sorry to be a pedant, but you sound like you'd like to know! 100% agreed on how that album more or less failed to evoke that era though (felt like more of an aesthetic that a musical/lyrical theme - it was just commercial industrial rock anthems).

Hazekiah
10-30-2012, 09:23 PM
I'm waiting for Hazekiah to show up and start defending him againStill on the road chasing the Twins of Evil tour all over the country (maybe even to Guadalajara!) and can't see the video everyone's talking about with my cheap-o phone's limited internet functionality, but I'll be back home at a real computer soon enough with plenty of excellent footage to demonstrate how great the shows have been, fear not.

october_midnight
10-30-2012, 09:39 PM
LOLZ...a full grown man doing that.

Can't wait to see more YouTube footage of that washed up fatass slurring through another shit set with comments from 'DemonicRainXXX' and 'MMRoolz1989' saying how 'FUCKING AWESOME' it was. Hurry back!

NotoriousTIMP
10-30-2012, 09:48 PM

Can't wait to see more YouTube footage of that washed up fatass slurring through another shit set with comments from 'DemonicRainXXX' and 'MMRoolz1989' saying how 'FUCKING AWESOME' it was. Hurry back!

Quoted just because it cracked me up and I want others to read it again

henryeatscereal
10-30-2012, 10:52 PM
Still on the road chasing the Twins of Evil tour all over the country (maybe even to Guadalajara!) and can't see the video everyone's talking about with my cheap-o phone's limited internet functionality, but I'll be back home at a real computer soon enough with plenty of excellent footage to demonstrate how great the shows have been, fear not.
If you're going to Guadalajara make it worthwhile try the tortas ahogadas it will be the best part of your trip...

ManBurning
10-30-2012, 11:31 PM
Still on the road chasing the Twins of Evil tour all over the country (maybe even to Guadalajara!)

I actually regret not doing that for NIN's wave goodbye tour to be honest. Had I known it was truly "the end" of touring, I would have done the same.
Especailly the last leg with the NYC shows and the (cancelled/postponed) LA ones. those are the shows i'm REALLY regretting not hitting, and I'm 29!

So with that said, no matter the cost, i'm gonna do a whole North American trek if Trent EVER brings Live Nails back. I want one last blast before he goes 100% into retirement. ESPECIALLY if he announces Fragility Version 3.0 and plays the album from beginning to end like Roger Waters does with The Wall.

It seems like a far fetched idea now, but talks about re-releasing The Fragile have been around for ever, there is no doubt about it TF WILL be re-released, I just don't think anytime soon, and I have a feeling he might do a full fledged "guess who's back" tour to support the re-release.

Then again, this could be me just dreaming...

october_midnight
10-30-2012, 11:42 PM
While that would be fun, I'm married, in my 30's, and have a mortgage lol. While in no way does that mean a grown ass man can't spend at least some money on something ridiculous now and then, at least do it for something like yeah...NIN. Something where *gasp* it'd actually be worth doing. If I wanted to see a bloated, self absorbed drunk babble on I'd just cruise down to Hastings and Main for a few hours.

Conan The Barbarian
10-30-2012, 11:47 PM
You guys really need to back off this guy. Its fucking silly to be honest.

october_midnight
10-30-2012, 11:50 PM
No yeah, totally not trying to be an ass about it. Old Manson I'd be down for sure...I just can't see how people would literally follow this wreck of a show around. All joking aside...how could ANYONE see that vid on the last page and come up with seriously one redeeming thing about it. Literally one...thing. It's literally baffling.

thefragile_jake
10-30-2012, 11:56 PM
Exactly. I asked a bunch of friends who went to Twins of Evil when it came by St. Louis how Manson did and like everyone else here told me how horrible his performance was on top of him being wasted out of his mind.

I actually regret not doing that for NIN's wave goodbye tour to be honest. Had I known it was truly "the end" of touring, I would have done the same.
Especailly the last leg with the NYC shows and the (cancelled/postponed) LA ones. those are the shows i'm REALLY regretting not hitting, and I'm 29!

So with that said, no matter the cost, i'm gonna do a whole North American trek if Trent EVER brings Live Nails back. I want one last blast before he goes 100% into retirement. ESPECIALLY if he announces Fragility Version 3.0 and plays the album from beginning to end like Roger Waters does with The Wall.

It seems like a far fetched idea now, but talks about re-releasing The Fragile have been around for ever, there is no doubt about it TF WILL be re-released, I just don't think anytime soon, and I have a feeling he might do a full fledged "guess who's back" tour to support the re-release.

Then again, this could be me just dreaming...

Not to go off subject here, but you're giving me goosebumps! Stop it! Haha. I too would love ONE MORE NIN tour just get another chance to see them again...but I doubt it will be because of the Fragile. Maybe we'll get another go around with NIN again!

Hazekiah
10-31-2012, 01:19 AM
You guys really need to back off this guy. Its fucking silly to be honest.Seriously. Look back far enough and you'll even see the mods here warning everyone that insulting me for the bands I choose to follow on the road and attacking me personally over it was going too far. I mean, it was just a couple months ago in the very same thread, ffs. But some people are just douchebags. C'mon, this was october_midnight trying NOT to be an ass about it, lol. Go figure.That said, I've got some great footage from the St. Louis show to share later, too. Pretty sure it was the only time they've performed "Murderers Are Getting Prettier Every Day" on the Twins of Evil tour and maaaan it was great.

Sutekh
10-31-2012, 03:27 AM
While that would be fun, I'm married, in my 30's, and have a mortgage lol. While in no way does that mean a grown ass man can't spend at least some money on something ridiculous now and then, at least do it for something like yeah...NIN.

I agree Manson is bit of a state at the moment, but you are being just a little pompous. "it would be ok if it was the kind of teenager music I'm into". What has being married got to do with it anyway? Does your other half not allow you to go away on your own

october_midnight
10-31-2012, 11:21 AM
Nah, of course she does...at that point I believe I had digressed so let me get to the point...again without attacking or insulting as its not my intention. Other than to Manson of course, he's awful.

Manson's music itself is geared toward the teenage mentality what with the rebelliousness (well, not anymore but still..), the imagery, yada yada. Of course he's been stuck with detractors saying that's all it was for his entire career (i.e. you're just the next Alice Cooper, blah blah) and for the longest time it was that he at least was still bringing something interesting to the table. I was among the many that never found it really that shocking but still enjoyed it...obviously because when ACSS came out I was 15. At some point, I refuse to believe that everyone with at least half a brain, which I take the people here to be....everyone here's for the most part smarter than the average yutz I see elsewhere online...can not only take it seriously well in to their 30's and 40's, but even enjoy it.

It's disingenuous drivel at this point. The ultimate of cliches...a washed up, overweight alcoholic who has comfortably slipped in to the ultimate 'rockstar' role of no longer delivering anything culturally or musically relevant, obviously has next to no respect for the people who (for some baffling as hell reason) still care what he has to say. As was said, if it was NIN...sure. The albums have mattered, they've made statements and have pushed the boundaries of a particular subset of music. Trent Reznor was creating ARG's while Manson whines on and on about how shitty the world is. We already know that, genius.

I guess it boils down to a man in his 40's still playing music that's solely geared towards kids. It's like any of the other bands of guys that old that are still pandering to the teen crowd...it blows me away that people could go onstage and do it...let alone others spending thousands of dollars to witness it. Like a 55 year old father of four packing up in a van and following Green Day on a cross country tour, only to come home to his room filled with American Idiot posters and bobbleheads. Hey, if that's what you wanna do...all the power to ya, live your life. It just boggles me I guess that people that some people out there refuse to take the blinders off. After seeing a charlatan for what he is, still being able to shell out money for it. Blows my mind. When I was a kid, sure! I'd pack up and follow Fear Factory or NIN around the fuckin' world. As someone a lot older, my first thought is 'I have more important priorities, and you can be damn sure if I still wanted to do something like this, it'd be for someone making art that actually meant something.' The fact that Manson's shows are a laughing stock now only makes it more ridiculous for those that ARE shelling out the money. Again, it's all opinion and that's mine...disagree, agree...makes no difference.

rampface
10-31-2012, 10:09 PM
Totally agree. It's embarrassing.

antiskum
10-31-2012, 11:56 PM
not gonna lie, this whole "feud" reeks of a publicity stunt

creating some drama and tension so that people actually bother to TALK about the shows so they sell more tickets. remember when it was kerry king vs manson last tour? media loves this shit. mark my words this is all bs.

Khrz
11-01-2012, 05:04 AM
I have a hard time believing Zombie would 1): give in that kind of bullshit, 2): react the way he did if he was part of it. And Manson can't scheme for shit at this point. Sure, the media love this to some extent, but it's just a drunk acting like a dick, you just have to go downtown to see the same thing. If it's a publicity stunt, it's one of the most pathetic attempt at gaining attention ever.

Sutekh
11-01-2012, 05:37 AM
Did MM and Kerry have a feud? I thought they were good mates, I remember KK getting an ACSS themed tattoo

henryeatscereal
11-01-2012, 09:44 AM
not gonna lie, this whole "feud" reeks of a publicity stunt

creating some drama and tension so that people actually bother to TALK about the shows so they sell more tickets. remember when it was kerry king vs manson last tour? media loves this shit. mark my words this is all bs.
Makes sense, the tour still going and there hasn't been any more "situations" between them, what's true it's that Manson is so bad live right now, he's making Rob Zombie look even better than he's already is...

thefragile_jake
11-01-2012, 10:38 AM
Well the tour seems to be going fine and running still so maybe it was just one night of stupidity between the two, who knows..

think i'm a fire engine
11-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Zombie, at least, is enough of a professional to still put on a good show. Manson's will probably be hit or miss, depending on his sobriety.

Hazekiah
11-02-2012, 07:38 AM
The tour's been great and the feud between Manson & Zombie was just a roadbump early on that started in Chicago when Manson didn't have the time to play "The Beautiful People" at the end of his set and blamed Zombie for it, which triggered some additional onstage barbs back & forth over the course of the Detroit & Bloomington shows the next two nights and reportedly some serious backstage tension & possibly even fisticuffs. But Golden Ticket holders at the afterparty in Chicago were treated to an acoustic performance of "The Beautiful People" (a portion of which was later tweeted by the band) and the shared management of both bands was personally on the road with them at the time so things were ironed out and everything's been fine since those three shows. Likewise, so far as I'm aware, there's never been any feud between Manson & Kerry King and they remain as friendly as ever. Certainly as recently as 2009 at least, when "Kerry motherfuckin' King of the castle" joined Manson onstage yet again to shred through "Irresponsible Hate Anthem" & "Little Horn" and hung out for hours afterward.I'd love to know more about Kerry King'alleged Antichrist Superstar themed tattoo, though! I've had the pleasure of partying with him (and his awesome wife) several times and saw Slayer with Manson something like 30 times between two tours together and never noticed a Manson tattoo on him anywhere. Anyone know what or where it is? Pix maybe? He's a cool guy and definitely a fan so it would make perfect sense but he has so many other tattoos and always has me so blitzed on tequila that I probably just didn't even notice it, lol. He also shares Manson's appreciation of fascistic imagery however so I'm wondering if it wasn't just a case of coincidence or mistaken identity with the aforementioned tattoo. Any further information on the subject would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Sutekh
11-02-2012, 11:03 AM
I may (well) be wrong, but I seem to remember around 2007-09 he got a tattoo saying "no salvation"

Hazekiah
11-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Interesting, thanks! That would make a LOT of sense and be an unmistakable Manson reference. Not only were '07 & '09 the two years during which Slayer co-headlined with Manson, but he's also on the record as stating that "The Reflecting God" is his favorite Manson song, which is of course the source of the "no salvation" lyric. In their big interview together before their first co-headlining show in '07, Kerry even asked Marilyn to perform the song and Manson obliged him by making it the second song of his set at their first show together, weeks before it was added to the setlist for good & made a staple of his sets' grand finale on that same tour. I didn't have my good camcorder with me yet but I had a disposable CVS camcorder in the pit with me at that show and if anyone's curious to see the footage of that performance of the song for Kerry King, just do a YouTube search for "Hazekiah Manson West Palm Beach" and it should come right up. Or just go to the Hazekiah YT page and scroll back and it'll be one of the first few videos I ever uploaded. Also, if you want to see pretty good footage of Kerry King playing onstage with Manson in '09, just do a YT search for "ChartreusianInfusion Manson Pamona" and there you go. Sorry, I can't link 'em myself from my phone but thought some Slayer fans here might be interested since it came up anyway. So enjoy! Now I've gotta go scour a buncha KK pix for that tattoo, lol. :)

NotoriousTIMP
11-02-2012, 02:39 PM
This thread is full of LOLz.....

ManBurning
11-02-2012, 03:06 PM
This thread is full of LOLz.....

Oh this is the best thread on this forum, no doubt about it!

Hazekiah
11-02-2012, 03:40 PM
If you're going to Guadalajara make it worthwhile try the tortas ahogadas it will be the best part of your trip...Thanks for the recommendation, but it looks like Guadalajara's not gonna happen for me on this trip after all so I'll have to wait to try that dish some other place or time, sadly. Although the rest of their routes in the U.S. & Canada are still honoring the now-cancelled Greyhound Discovery Passes until they expire, it turns out that Greyhound Mexico's already stopped honoring them altogether. Bah! So as a consolation prize I'm having a quick bite at Restaurant Guadalajara in El Paso right now instead, lol. No tortas ahogadas here, though...I checked. :'(

seasonsinthesky
11-02-2012, 06:41 PM
so, interestingly, the new Mechanical Animals vinyl reissue on Back to Black (Universal) includes a download code for the album in MP3... in the vinyl running order. some of the songs seem to have new transitions, while others are straight from the normal CD tracklist — really hoping the actual vinyl master had a lot more care taken with this...

NotoriousTIMP
11-02-2012, 07:46 PM
so, interestingly, the new Mechanical Animals vinyl reissue on Back to Black (Universal) includes a download code for the album in MP3... in the vinyl running order. some of the songs seem to have new transitions, while others are straight from the normal CD tracklist — really hoping the actual vinyl master had a lot more care taken with this...

I still need to pick this up....thanks for reminding me

DVYDRNS
11-02-2012, 07:57 PM
I cant figure out why Brian Warner hasn't killed himself.

Hazekiah
11-03-2012, 04:45 PM
Semi-random access to a real computer while still on the road FTW!!!

Not exactly my best stuff and kind of a random assortment, plus it's all from the first week of the tour, but still...

THE LOVE SONG
live in Salt Lake City, UT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B1Zh0MSmCg&feature=relmfu

TOURNIQUET
live in Salt Lake City, UT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YszRrF0gwbc&feature=relmfu

MURDERERS ARE GETTING PRETTIER EVERY DAY
live in St. Louis, MO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjRbpNwlZlo

THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE
live in St. Louis, MO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh36405gAog&feature=relmfu

october_midnight
11-03-2012, 05:57 PM
A man in his 40's crawling around with pantyhose on his head.

Hazekiah
11-03-2012, 06:34 PM
^ Armchair critic in his 30s bitching on the internet.

october_midnight
11-03-2012, 08:38 PM
Aww don't get so defensive about Big Brian. If you can't deal with the fact that 99% of the world sees how much of a joke old avalanche has become, it's fine. Don't take it so personal. We're all appreciative of the live videos!

Sutekh
11-03-2012, 09:15 PM
It's really good of you to use this window in the 24/7 time onslaught that is living in the same house as another adult & paying your own bills as an opportunity to take the piss out of someone who indulges an interest in a marginally different brand of dated 90s teenager music to yourself :D

Hazekiah
11-03-2012, 11:53 PM
We're all appreciative of the live videos!

Glad to hear it!

PLENTY more to come as soon as I get home, I assure you! These were just the few I happened to upload when I stopped home for one day in the middle of the trip since I live a couple hours away from St. Louis and it was on the way to the next show anyway.

All in good time!

And personally, I'm a BIG fan of his one-night-only pantyhose-headpiece and really glad I captured it on film.

Right away of course it gives the impression of person with the general appearance of a long-eared rabbit. Or "the rabbit's just a monkey in disguise," if you will. Countless other rabbit-references in his body of work to pick from, naturally...that just seems to be the most directly appropriate here.

I mean, if you consider that "Dope Hat" could easily be interpreted as Brian Warner essentially conjuring Marilyn Manson into being just as "Tourniquet" is pretty much about almost exactly the same thing (Brian Warner conjuring Marilyn Manson into being as an artificial companion in the Anton LaVey tradition, as a tourniquet to assist in his survival after having been "cut off" from society) then I think you'll see it's wholly appropriate here.

ESPECIALLY considering it's an older man donning the pantyhose!

Unless you've already forgotten the central motif and structure of Manson's autobiography, The Long, Hard Road Out of Hell, being that he became what he feared most, that is...namely the devil/his grandfather. First sentence of the book: "Hell to me was my grandfather's basement," for instance. And the whole breakdown/epiphany of going back down there after his grandfather's funeral only to realize how closely he'd come to identify with him after all those years, painting tracheotomy incisions on his own throat and indulging in bizarre sex acts and WEARING LADIES HOSIERY and all that.

Which, again, is very similar to the overall themes of conjured-personae explored in the aforementioned tracks...not to mention numerous others, obviously.

So as much as I'd have LOVED to have seen the elaborate staging they'd planned for "Tourniquet" on this tour (it seems like it was plagued with problems and just dropped for "Coma White" and the snow-bubbles instead), I think giving up on that and doing the song with his simpler "Grandpa Jackrabbit" look, as I like to call it, was actually pretty goddamned awesome and made COMPLETE sense thematically.

And, frankly, I just thought it looked kinda cool, too.

:P

october_midnight
11-04-2012, 01:39 AM
No I hadn't forgotten about that story. I read his book back when it came out. I just can't wrap my head around why anyone would really care at this point. Some washed up rocker was scared of his grandpa's basement and now wears pantyhose on his head. Pretty cutting edge stuff. And I thought he just painted his neck now to mask all the chins?

decadent
11-04-2012, 06:28 AM
Glad to hear it!

PLENTY more to come as soon as I get home, I assure you! These were just the few I happened to upload when I stopped home for one day in the middle of the trip since I live a couple hours away from St. Louis and it was on the way to the next show anyway.

All in good time!

And personally, I'm a BIG fan of his one-night-only pantyhose-headpiece and really glad I captured it on film.

Right away of course it gives the impression of person with the general appearance of a long-eared rabbit. Or "the rabbit's just a monkey in disguise," if you will. Countless other rabbit-references in his body of work to pick from, naturally...that just seems to be the most directly appropriate here.

I mean, if you consider that "Dope Hat" could easily be interpreted as Brian Warner essentially conjuring Marilyn Manson into being just as "Tourniquet" is pretty much about almost exactly the same thing (Brian Warner conjuring Marilyn Manson into being as an artificial companion in the Anton LaVey tradition, as a tourniquet to assist in his survival after having been "cut off" from society) then I think you'll see it's wholly appropriate here.

ESPECIALLY considering it's an older man donning the pantyhose!

Unless you've already forgotten the central motif and structure of Manson's autobiography, The Long, Hard Road Out of Hell, being that he became what he feared most, that is...namely the devil/his grandfather. First sentence of the book: "Hell to me was my grandfather's basement," for instance. And the whole breakdown/epiphany of going back down there after his grandfather's funeral only to realize how closely he'd come to identify with him after all those years, painting tracheotomy incisions on his own throat and indulging in bizarre sex acts and WEARING LADIES HOSIERY and all that.

Which, again, is very similar to the overall themes of conjured-personae explored in the aforementioned tracks...not to mention numerous others, obviously.

So as much as I'd have LOVED to have seen the elaborate staging they'd planned for "Tourniquet" on this tour (it seems like it was plagued with problems and just dropped for "Coma White" and the snow-bubbles instead), I think giving up on that and doing the song with his simpler "Grandpa Jackrabbit" look, as I like to call it, was actually pretty goddamned awesome and made COMPLETE sense thematically.

And, frankly, I just thought it looked kinda cool, too.

:P

Seriously, do you actually believe that Manson puts any meaning in the things he is doing nowadays? I bet he had the panties on his had because somebody gave them to him and he thought it would be "funny". Do you even think that in the state he is the last couple of years he remembers what he wrote in his book? Probably it`s good for you to find interpretations in every stupid thing he does, but don`t try to sell it to us, I mean come on, the guy can`t even remember his fucking lyrics.

And don`t think I`m a hater - i love everything he did until Eat me... and even after that there are some great songs, but he just became the clichee he was always against. And the sad thing is that his concerts are a joke to his fans, it`s more than clear that for him this is just a way to get some absinth-money.

mfte
11-04-2012, 09:09 AM
The Gardener has a sorta Only (NIN) vibe to it.

Space Suicide
11-04-2012, 09:24 AM
The Gardener has a sorta Only (NIN) vibe to it.

That song sucks horribly. Went for something different was just a boring, slow song.

As for pantyhose, he did it just because he felt like it. No deep rooted meaning behind and none entirely tangible either.

october_midnight
11-04-2012, 11:10 AM
I'm with you decadent...it's not trolling in my opinion. Old school MM (back when he actually seemingly had something to say) was fantastic. At a certain point though you HAVE to know that MM puts pantyhose on his head, or does something else ridiculous, and will have 249,345 fans automatically think there's some deep, philosophical point he's making, or that there's some backstory, or substance to it.

You're also right about him becoming everything he used to be against. I'd imagine that 1997 Marilyn Manson would see 2012 Marilyn Manson and facepalm for two weeks straight.

Sutekh
11-04-2012, 11:34 AM
It is weird how he seems to be a totally different guy. These things happen though

ManBurning
11-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Yeah, 1997 Manson and 2012 Manson are 2 totally opposite guys. 1997 Manson would kick the shit out of this baffoon anyday. He'd also be able to outsmart him in any interview. At one point when this guy spoke, we all listened, because the words that came out of his mouth were actually really genius and inspiring. The way he handled every interview and question was great. You would forgive him for his ridiculious actions back then because he could redeem him self offstage as very smart.

Now, look at the guy! He draws on his chin, writes "FUCK" on his face while he walks through an airport, forgets half his lyrics, stumbles and loses his train of thought in interviews. I haven't heard a intellectual word of of this guys mouth in years.

But, what can we all expect... Years of Drinking, Drugs and Terribly failed relationships have gotten him to this point. He's literally taken his brain out of his skull, placed it in a blender, mushed it up and poured it back in. This is what we have now.

And to people that say Trent has lost his edge, or is a terrible muscian now, would you rather have him like this? Because if Trent never kicked his habit, he would be like this guy now! A walking bag of mushed bananas. Least Trent can hold an intellectual conversation still and when he speaks, he sounds smarter than ever!

Space Suicide
11-04-2012, 02:58 PM
I've stated that numerously everywhere. If he could see himself today in 1994-1998 he would have laughed this version of himself today out of the building.

fan-since-96
11-06-2012, 02:17 PM
I highly doubt that to be the case. Trent isn't kidding himself into believing he's the same in the same world 15 years later. There is a Rolling Stone article from 99/00 when he is asked what he wants in his future. He responded that he wanted a wife, kids and to start a new band with a female lead singer. He has achieved all of those goals while constantly refining his musical output. I'm sure if past Reznor saw himself now, accomplished and free from hardcore drug addiction, he would sigh with relief and pat himself on the back.

Harry Seaward
11-06-2012, 02:54 PM
lol @ "A walking bag of mushed bananas."

Hazekiah
11-07-2012, 04:22 PM
For the record, Manson's taken breathers in the middle of songs, written on his body, and used make-up to outline and define the contours of his body and particularly his chin since the dawn of his musical career. Similarly, he always gave PLENTY of goofy-ass interviews back in the day and STILL continues to give serious interviews regularly.

But back the pantyhose during "Tourniquet" in Salt Lake City for a moment, I was simply pointing out several reasons I found it so interesting and relevant to the rest of his body of work. Frankly, I hope he did have fun with it. Whether or not he had any of that "Grandpa Jackrabbit" stuff in mind or if he just picked up the pantyhose and stretched 'em over his head on a lark is immaterial in terms of the end result. Personally, I think that's actually one of the more fascinating aspects of his creative output...it's all coming from the same artist expressing himself and expanding upon his pet topics and symbolism over decades, all of which stems from the same mind and its own unique patterns of thought, so he can't HELP but express himself in an intricately interwoven fashion such as the manner which I outlined in my post above.

It undeniably works and fits consistently within the context of his personal mythology and history of self-expression, and if that's happening so smoothly and effortlessly on a subconscious level at certain times then honestly I think that's even MORE to his credit as the artistic genius he still clearly is.

But what do I know, I've only been closely studying his artistry on a daily basis for almost twenty years.

october_midnight
11-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Now, this isn't a slight or dig or insult towards you at all....let's preface this with that so it's clear. Not trolling, not insulting, k?

Do you not think that there's even the most remote of possibilities that he literally just does shit....pantyhose, whatever...paints his ass pink, wears a dead ferret on his head, whatever....and knows that a ton of his fans (as I stated) will automatically assume that there's some super deep meaning behind it all? In my opinion he is. He knows that at this point in whatever is left of his career he can get away with that still. Hell, he isn't the only one. I'm sure Bowie, NIN, whoever...they can do something completely random and there is BOUND to be a pantload of people on Facebook simply just overthinking it. 'He did this because ____ and _____ and you just don't understand, man...'

I find it incredibly difficult to believe that Marilyn Manson, as you put it, wore pantyhose on his head as something in 'the context of his personal mythology and history of self-expression' but that's E X A C T L Y what he knows a large portion of his fanbase will think! And they buy right in to it! That's why I'm baffled. What artist hasn't done some 'self-expression'?? They're musicians...that's sorta the point.

Sutekh
11-07-2012, 05:59 PM
If Hazekiah does believe it, why do you feel the need to burst his bubble? I don't think there's any deep meaning to it either, but I don't feel the need to make a fool of him & all this "Oh I'm not trolling" and "honestly genuinely curious" bollocks is just stomach-turning.

You want to dress down the extent to which Hazekiah buys into this stuff as a way of promoting how adult & mature and soooo over and above it you are. Do you do irony?

october_midnight
11-07-2012, 06:04 PM
First, get off my nuts. Secondly, it was an honest question, sure it's almost impossible to ask it without sounding condescending but it truly isn't. I'm not out to burst any bubble, and am not trying to make a fool out of him in any way...and frankly, if you find anything to be 'bollocks' I literally could not give the tiniest of shits. How asking that stuff was out to 'promote how adult and mature I am' is beyond me, so eat the dick.

Back to what I was saying, when ACSS came out, it was pretty clear that there were multiple layers to what MM was saying, and the things he was doing (i.e. the lyrics of Kinderfeld I always felt were pretty great, still do...) but now with the way his live shows have suffering more and more, maybe it just feels that he's doing things now for the sole reason of still trying to get people to think it's for a deep reason.

BlueCalx
11-07-2012, 07:30 PM
I'm just making an observation here. Don't shoot the messenger.

If you think Marilyn Manson is shitty and ridiculous and a relic of the very lamest aspects of the '90s, that's great, fantastic. Me, too. But don't you think it would be better for everyone if you steered clear of the Manson thread? Is it really compelling or interesting to show up and say "Manson sucks" (hardly a groundbreaking opinion) to a 50/50 mix of people who already agree with you and people who disagree so vehemently that your opinion barely even registers against the sheer screaming brute force of their fandom? There's two whole threads here - "Shitty Music" and "Controversial Music Opinions" - in which you can vent to your heart's content about the panting, overweight, alcoholic Mr. Warner and his tunes, or lack thereof. Can't we let the babies have their bottle, and thank heaven that they're not posting in the other threads to talk about how synth pop is for fags and rap is just a bunch of angry scary shouting or whatever?

Hazekiah
11-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Manson's historical and familial connection to pantyhose, particularly of the flesh-toned L'eggs variety, is well-documented and has been discussed at length within The Long, Hard Road Out of Hell and countless interviews reaching at least as far back as 1995. He's worn them for ages and for very specific reasons connected to his history with his grandfather and Manson's own personal metamorphoses.

It's not just "what he knows a large portion of his fanbase will think" or "knows that a ton of his fans will automatically assume that there's some super deep meaning behind it."

It's a matter of public record and a clearly established motif to which he frequently returns throughout his career.

fillow
11-08-2012, 02:50 AM
When I'm sad, I go read this thread and stop being sad.

Hazekiah
11-08-2012, 03:16 AM
Always glad to be of assistance!

Anyone looking to make a case that Manson's just fucking with my head might enjoy this moment we shared recently, lol:

http://gickr.com/results3/anim_f3c7449b-fdce-5334-d52b-8245e9480379.gif

henryeatscereal
11-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Twiggy's face, haha

Sutekh
11-08-2012, 11:43 AM
frankly, if you find anything to be 'bollocks' I literally could not give the tiniest of shits.

Why are you replying then? If you didn't give a shit you wouldn't feel the need to set me straight. And how old will you get before you learn what "Literally" actually means...! Under what circumstances would you literally give a shit?

Hazekiah believes things that probably have no significance actually do because that's what he enjoys doing! IT IS NOT A MYSTERY, you are only picking at him so you can mock what you see as not very substantial reasons for believing something.

Done with you now!

october_midnight
11-08-2012, 12:59 PM
My feelings. :(

Sutekh
11-08-2012, 01:08 PM
I bet you're literally devastated :P

bobbie solo
11-09-2012, 01:13 AM
Always glad to be of assistance!

Anyone looking to make a case that Manson's just fucking with my head might enjoy this moment we shared recently, lol:

http://gickr.com/results3/anim_f3c7449b-fdce-5334-d52b-8245e9480379.gif

ahhhh...and now it all makes sense.

Hazekiah
11-16-2012, 01:22 PM
SHOOT
SHOOT
SHOOT
MANSON/TWIGGY

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/6712/2395548800x600at350ms.gif

fillow
11-16-2012, 02:04 PM
I see Twiggy transplanted Manson's chin onto himself

Sutekh
11-16-2012, 02:18 PM
wow did manson actually get that swastika tattooed onto his chest

he may just be a little bit crackers after all

Hazekiah
11-16-2012, 02:30 PM
It's a black-and-white tattoo of THIS logo:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-s1WeiuYYKhs/TdxvCSmwBzI/AAAAAAAABc8/TYFbpJPBObo/s1600/mswastika2.jpg

Plus, he's had a variant of the swastika on his inner left-arm since '09 and a totenkopf on his inner right-arm since late '07 so you're a little late to the game there.

Newsflash, Pogo alleges he's kinda into fascistic symbolism, lol.

Who knew.

ManBurning
12-05-2012, 11:59 PM
How has nobody reported on this yet? These dates have been out since November 25th...
Looks like Manson is doing more North American shows this winter.

Jan 18 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Eagles Ballroom
ON SALE NOW (http://www.therave.com/concert_details.asp?id=4770)

Jan 19 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Bogart's

Jan 20 2013
Columbus, Ohio
The LC Pavilion

Jan 22 2013
Detroit, Michigan
The Fillmore

Jan 24 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
House of Blues

Jan 25 2013
Wallingford, Connecticut
The Dome
ON SALE FRI, NOV 30 (http://concerts.livenation.com/event/1D0049709F4B61B8?artistid=766825&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60)

Jan 26 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
House of Blues

Finally a glimmer of hope for a goddamn Vancouver date. Yeah, say what you want about this guy's live show, I know it's gone downhill signifigantly, the videos don't lie, but it's like a car crash... you just can't stop watching, you are so intrigued! With that said, I wouldn't travel to see this guy, but if he came here, oh i'd go for sure.

So, looks like Hazekiah will be hitting the road again? Better cut down on that Christmas shopping and start saving those pennies!

ghostaustin
12-06-2012, 09:01 AM
ooh, the Cleveland show is pretty close to my birthday! I saw him with Zombie in October and while I was surprised that he made it through the set at least half sober, he tended to ramble incoherently and they basically played a greatest hits set. Should I expect more of the same in a smaller venue, or do you guys think he'll play more non-single tracks?

NotoriousTIMP
12-06-2012, 11:38 AM
ooh, the Cleveland show is pretty close to my birthday! I saw him with Zombie in October and while I was surprised that he made it through the set at least half sober, he tended to ramble incoherently and they basically played a greatest hits set. Should I expect more of the same in a smaller venue, or do you guys think he'll play more non-single tracks?

Are you seriously asking this question? Have you not read this thread at all?

ghostaustin
12-06-2012, 11:42 AM
[/b]

Are you seriously asking this question? Have you not read this thread at all?

To be totally honest, I didn't want to read through the pages and pages of arguing over whether or not Manson is still (or ever was) a credible musician.

Let me phrase the question this way: Is anyone else going to these shows? If so, what are you looking forward to?

NotoriousTIMP
12-06-2012, 12:07 PM
If they ever come up to Seattle I *might* be willing to go pending a price on tickets. Do we know if this is another round with Zombie?

RJK
12-06-2012, 03:22 PM
If they ever come up to Seattle I *might* be willing to go pending a price on tickets. Do we know if this is another round with Zombie?

As far as I can tell it is Manson only, no Zombie.

ManBurning
12-06-2012, 11:16 PM

If only it were Zombie...

The bad news is, it's Pretty Reckless A-FUCKING-GAIN and "Butcher Babies" (whoever they are).
At least that's who's playing at the Boston, MA show according to this Pretty Reckless songkick page:
http://www.songkick.com/artists/2390458-pretty-reckless

Going to assume they are in it for the whole tour.
Manson must still be trying to get into her pants...

bobbie solo
12-08-2012, 02:04 AM
wait till you actually google Butcher Babies...curious what your reaction will be.

october_midnight
12-10-2012, 09:36 AM
North American dates announced, including a stop here at a relatively small venue in Feb. For shits and giggles, I went to Ticketmaster to see ticket prices.

$82.00.

LULZ.

Sutekh
12-10-2012, 10:12 AM
That is mental, the Twins of Evil show in London was only £37.50 ($60)

NotoriousTIMP
12-10-2012, 10:34 AM
In Manson's world he's still a big deal.....

jessamineny
12-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Drugs are expensive.

(Do keep in mind that OM is including the TM fees. Base price is $65. But still.)

october_midnight
12-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Yeah true. I'd expect something like that for a big arena show, sure...or like Sutekh said, a dual billed show with another big act, but still...dang.

Maul
12-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Those tickets are way too expensive.Even if Manson sobered up without explanation,I wouldn't pay that price.

ManBurning
12-10-2012, 10:45 PM
North American dates announced, including a stop here at a relatively small venue in Feb. For shits and giggles, I went to Ticketmaster to see ticket prices.

$82.00.

LULZ.

Soooooo, are you coming to the show or not?

october_midnight
12-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Haha I don't think so homie...as Maul said, it'd be steep if by some miracle he was in top form. He ain't. The sensible me overrules the OMGZ IT'S MANSONZ me.

ManBurning
12-11-2012, 01:03 AM

Well TIMP, there is your seattle date:

Seattle, WA
Showbox SoDo Feb 13

Least you get a mosh pit at your venue, I love the Showbox!

I'm stuck in seats at the vancouver show at the Queen Eliz. theatre, bah! I fucking hate seated Manson shows!

looks like the Vancouver date is the only one in Canada that has seats too, bah! All those prairie citys like Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Edmonton and Calgary are gonna get their rock on in the pit.

The problem is, Vancouver doesn't have any decent mid sized "non seated" venues. Manson can't headline Pacific Coliseum as it's too big, he definatly can't fill Rogers arena, and teh Rickshaw is too goddamn small for him. Maybe Commodore Ballroom would be a compareable mid sized venue with no seats, but I think he's too big for commodore.

Also, the majority of the Canadian shows go on pre-sale this Thursday, Dec 14th. If anyone who are ACTUALLY attending these shows finds out the presale password can you let me know? Many thanks in advance.

And still no word from our friend Hazekiah ? Are you brave enough to hit up a Canadian tour in the middle of winter man? We gonna see you on the road for this leg?

johnbron
12-11-2012, 01:10 AM
I saw Manson live in January of 1997. Since he's coming to Portland to a small venue, and I'm bored as fuck, I'm considering going. Unless NotoriousTIMP wants me to join him in Seattle for the show there (or come down to Portland for the show on the 13th). Let's do this.

ManBurning
12-11-2012, 01:13 AM
Unless @NotoriousTIMP (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=17) wants me to join him in Seattle for the show there.

So THAT'S how you mention someone on this site! Thanks!!

Failure
12-11-2012, 10:56 AM
I just noticed that No Reflection is up for a Grammy. This makes Manson relevant again, so he can charge whatever he wants for concert tickets. He is back at the top!

dlb
12-11-2012, 11:14 AM
So I saw the Twins of Evil Tour on Sunday in Munich and good god was that bad! I mean, really bad...

I already suffered through a Manson set before in 2007, but wow, it got worse. Twiddling his arms like a retarded seal and spending the rest of the set crawling on all four is nowhere near a guns, god & government tour full of brute force, high pitched screaming and a Brian Warner who was on any shit that gets you to do insane stuff. But on Sunday I felt bad to even be an eye witness. The show itself was good, I liked the backdrops, those pyramids on each side and hell, even his costumes were great for the most part, but I'm sick and tired of hearing him butcher some of his best songs (e.g. coma white) and blarring out recent wishy washy tracks while leaving out the only few good ones from the past 3 albums. The band (especially Twiggy) was doing its job and they did a good one, but that is pretty much the least I can expect from a live concert I guess.

Zombie and his crew on the other hand stole the show in every aspect. Just straight forward balls out fun with a shit load of nerdy gimmicks, but hey, what a great night it was that made you totally forget that god awful weather outside! The band had fun, Zombie had stuff to say, went into the crowd near the end, showed us the trailer for the Lords of Salem and rocked some more. That alone was totally worth the steep ticket price.

BUT: I still came to the conclusion that I generally begun to dislike bigger shows. Compared to an intimate setting in a club or a small venue the big shows just don't do it for me anymore. I don't know what it is, but most of it seems half assed and only because the production is big some acts seem to think that they don't have much to do anymore in order to keep the crowd satisfied. And damn it, it works that way for most of the crowd that treats themselves to mostly expensive concert once a year, but everyone else who is trying to catch a lot of shows every year and finds himself in an unhealthy relationship with live music can't help but wonder about the enthusiastic reactions by people that maybe don't now or simply haven't seen any better. I went to see the Black Keys last week and had the same feelings and although Zombie put on a great exception to the rule the big shows don't seem to click with me anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love me a neat production and something larger than life, but for me the connection between the performing artist and the fan is not that present any more in recent shows I've seen.

NotoriousTIMP
12-11-2012, 12:29 PM
^^^
TL,dr
johnbron - let's see how much tickets are at each venue and go to the cheaper show :)

dlb
12-11-2012, 01:18 PM
haha, yeah, has been discussed to exhaustion already, I guess. :D

voidnz
12-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Anyone know the story around the glass table/ear stiches?

reseen_lamenti
12-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Alternate (s)AINT video. http://vimeo.com/31703537

Hazekiah
12-11-2012, 07:24 PM
So, looks like Hazekiah will be hitting the road again? Better cut down on that Christmas shopping and start saving those pennies!

Waaaay ahead of you! I never do much Christmas shopping (or even shopping at all, really) so that's no biggie but I'm DEFINITELY hurting for finances considering I've basically been on the road since last April, lol. Regardless, hitting the road again FOR SURE!

:)

And still no word from our friend @Hazekiah (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1162) ? Are you brave enough to hit up a Canadian tour in the middle of winter man? We gonna see you on the road for this leg?

Sorry, my 2 Month Greyhound Pass expired about a week after Thanksgiving and I had a bit of a delay on my way back so I JUST got home a couple days ago. I've got about a month and a week to get my shit together for another Manson jaunt and Greyhound's cancelled their unlimited-use passes so it's gonna be a LOT trickier this time around...but naturally I intend to attend every last show I can POSSIBLY make it to, believe me!

Definitely would've preferred my first Canadian Manson show to have been the Toronto Mayhem Fest date they cancelled back in '09 (I was GONNA go, damnit!) and those Canadian metal fest dates last August were just too expensive at the wrong time, but I'm gonna do my best to FINALLY see Manson outside of the U.S. by going to AT LEAST one of these Canadian dates and hopefully several! I've just got a lot of logistical/financial stuff to sort out before I know which. All in good time!

ooh, the Cleveland show is pretty close to my birthday! I saw him with Zombie in October....and they basically played a greatest hits set. Should I expect more of the same in a smaller venue, or do you guys think he'll play more non-single tracks?

The Twins of Evil shows were basically a slightly different and slightly shorter version of the Hey, Cruel World shows before them so I'd expect a slightly longer set with a few different and extra songs, yeah.

Earlier this year they did the quasi-spoken word version of "1996," "Little Horn," "Tourniquet," and "Irresponsible Hate Anthem," and they even finally played "The Reflecting God" at least once. So I figure we'll probably see those mixed into the set again here and there.

Plus we'll probably get some of the more recent stuff like "Pistol Whipped" back in the set again and maybe "Murderers Are Getting Prettier Every Day" a bit more regularly along with "The Flowers of Evil," which I had the EXTREME pleasure of hearing performed in full during their soundcheck in Manchester, MD on the Twins of Evil tour not too long ago but which still has yet to make its official debut, I believe.

So even if they just stick with the stuff this specific line-up's already played on the road there's still PLENTY of room for variety beyond the "greatest hits" material, which is probably a bit less of the focus this time around anyway since it will no longer be the 15th anniversary of the Dead to the World Tour shows and they won't have to make way for co-headliners or the Zombie crowd.

Really looking forward to these shows!

\m/

october_midnight
12-11-2012, 08:09 PM
So I saw the Twins of Evil Tour on Sunday in Munich and good god was that bad! I mean, really bad...

I already suffered through a Manson set before in 2007, but wow, it got worse. Twiddling his arms like a retarded seal and spending the rest of the set crawling on all four is nowhere near a guns, god & government tour full of brute force, high pitched screaming and a Brian Warner who was on any shit that gets you to do insane stuff.

Quoted for truth. Man, the GG&G live videos on YouTube straight wreck shit. Quite possibly a contender for the biggest landslide in live quality. Watched a live video from a show last week or so, you're right...the stage set-up is pretty great. There's no saving blimpo though...he's done. Held out hope for the longest time but it's too late now.

Harry Seaward
12-12-2012, 03:12 AM
Quoted for truth. Man, the GG&G live videos on YouTube straight wreck shit. Quite possibly a contender for the biggest landslide in live quality. Watched a live video from a show last week or so, you're right...the stage set-up is pretty great. There's no saving blimpo though...he's done. Held out hope for the longest time but it's too late now.

Your page after page of endless whining is immeasurably more annoying than Manson's live shows. I think we all get it. You're not a fan anymore. Shut the fuck up already.

Maul
12-12-2012, 06:19 AM
I would probably go see him if a few spanish club dates were added.

october_midnight
12-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Your page after page of endless whining is immeasurably more annoying than Manson's live shows. I think we all get it. You're not a fan anymore. Shut the fuck up already.

Uhhh....no?

voidnz
12-12-2012, 01:25 PM

I said that to him about a month ago. Nothings changed huh. Wonder why he keeps clicking on the thread when he's obviously not interested in Manson anymore.

tony.parente
12-12-2012, 04:24 PM
I said that to him about a month ago. Nothings changed huh. Wonder why he keeps clicking on the thread when he's obviously not interested in Manson anymore.

I really don't know why he keeps coming here, it's a constant thing - he's a major douchebag.

Conan The Barbarian
12-12-2012, 04:58 PM
He has his opinions about the band. He can post all he wants about it. But I didn't take his last post as bitching, he was merely comparing eras.

emptydesk
12-13-2012, 06:11 AM
don't worry, he's equally annoying in every thread