PDA

View Full Version : 09.05.1994 Roy Wilkins Multisource Info

SM Rollinger
07-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Im making a matrix with 2 sources of audio that I have from the St. Paul show on 09.05.1994, but i have no idea where the original sources came from! I want to give credit where credit is due, but i need help! The sources are...

1.)Sounds like an audience recording, got it from the Portraits for the Hate Machine website (if you dont know what im talking about, tough because im not linking,) but the files dont have any sort of info.doc attached to .flac's. Does anybody know anything about who/how this was recorded?

2.)My other source was audio capped from a VHS tape i bought back in 1997 (i know, dont pay for bootlegs, but i was 15 and this was before the internet had proliferated live recordings), ive never seen this anywhere else before. Has anybody seen/heard of this? The video is very crisp (well for a VHS camcorder circa mid 90s,) and the audio is a little bass heavy. This might be the original tape, the .wav files are in stereo. If its not, its a low gen copy.

Does anybody know of any other tapes from this show? They would be helpful for sure!

This is my first time with a project like this and im using Audacity. Im a huge TDS era fan and this is a killer show (Ruiner FTW!!) Ill be sure to share the fruits of my labor with anybody who is interested. Any input/feedback/help/direction/ect (as long as its constructive) would be appreceated!

DigitalChaos
07-11-2012, 01:47 PM
This doesn't help much but this is what is known: http://www.reflectinginthechrome.com/shows/1994/19940905.html

SM Rollinger
07-11-2012, 02:23 PM
This doesn't help much but this is what is known: http://www.reflectinginthechrome.com/shows/1994/19940905.html

Thanks man, the NIN wiki is about as lacking on info as RITC is. Except it does note that Manson and Hole were the openers for this show. Id love to have that portion of the show. I have a couple of Manson sets from this era, and o boy are they something else! Misery Machine? Dogma? I doubt he is capable of performing anything today with near the level of raw energy as some of those classic tracks! Anybody who says MM is on top of his game right now needs to go back about 10-15 years! Anyways, im getting off topic here, easy to do!