PDA

View Full Version : The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

october_midnight
06-14-2016, 03:06 PM
Looks like the NHL will officially be in Vegas. (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/nhl-expansion-las-vegas-1.3634626)

TheyCallMeDrug
06-16-2016, 11:39 PM
pathetic ending on the part of the Cavs to an otherwise dominant game by them.

fuck LeBron. he's the most bitchmade 6'8" player in NBA history. he creates fouls that dont exist by his next level flopping.

when you know you cant win and you need to resort to that kinda bullshit to win you gotta question what's the point of the finals. if i were betting on this shit i'd be pissed.

thevoid99
06-17-2016, 01:40 AM
My dad doesn't like Lebron very much either yet he's conflicted because he wants to see Cleveland at least win for once. Yet, he prefers to watch Copa America and the Euro Cup.

Archive_Reports
06-17-2016, 08:08 AM
pathetic ending on the part of the Cavs to an otherwise dominant game by them.

fuck LeBron. he's the most bitchmade 6'8" player in NBA history. he creates fouls that dont exist by his next level flopping.

when you know you cant win and you need to resort to that kinda bullshit to win you gotta question what's the point of the finals. if i were betting on this shit i'd be pissed.

Not saying LeBron doesn'y flop, but c'mon. Draymond has spent the entirety of the playoffs waging war on opposing players' dick and balls and had - until he got to James - run unchecked. Poor officiating goes back a series when GSW should have been eliminated by OKC.

thevoid99
06-19-2016, 12:39 AM
Well, this has been an eventful day in futbol. Ronaldo misses a penalty kick and costs Portugal the Euro Cup. Chile beat the holy shit out of Mexico 7-0 at Copa America. Puta madre. My mother is on cloud nine. She doesn't like Mexico.

Rubeninphoenix
06-20-2016, 02:42 AM
The Cleveland Cavaliers have done the impossible and made a series comeback from a 3-1 deficit in the NBA Finals and LeBron James has fulfilled his promise to win a championship for the city of Cleveland. I wonder how all the fans who burned his jersey when he left for Miami feel now.

Substance242
06-20-2016, 03:09 AM
What about some real sport and Le Mans 24hr. :-) What a finish!

Mr. Blaileen
06-20-2016, 06:00 PM
Game 7 was fantastic. What a finish. Happy for the Cavs. LeBron and co. certainly deserved it. Curry put up like three or four 3-point attempts in the last minute and a half, and I was sure each one of them was going in..but then Kyrie hit the backbreaking shot. Such a tense game. Loved it.

Deepvoid
06-21-2016, 07:16 AM
George St-Pierre is back!!
(http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/20/11982548/georges-st-pierre-announces-he-is-ready-to-return-to-fighting)

I'm so pumped for his return. Can't wait to see who he will be fighting.

blackholesun
06-22-2016, 01:03 AM
Congratulations. I'm going to cry over here and just watch some D league (ECHL) hockey this weekend. Tickets are a fraction of the price of a regular season NHL game and they drop coupons to Olive Garden from a drone in between periods

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The finals were fun while it lasted. I think I'd rather have some free coupons for Olive Garden though.

thevoid99
06-22-2016, 01:23 AM
I know I wanted the U.S. to win tonight though I knew it wasn't going to happen as they lost to Argentina 4-0. Yet, that second goal Lionel Messi did with the free kick is just... poetry at its best.

Deepvoid
06-29-2016, 05:09 PM
In the HOLY SHIT department, Habs have traded PK Subban for Shea Weber.
In the "You just got robbed" department, the Oilers have traded Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson.
Stamkos signed with the Bolts.

Crazy day in hockey land.

Dra508
06-30-2016, 04:48 PM
In the HOLY SHIT department, Habs have traded PK Subban for Shea Weber.

Yes, Hab fans are collectively screaming right now. Predators definitely made out on that deal.

Looking forward to what tomorrow brings. My Bruins need to do something.

BTW, I was told to follow PK on Instagram. Need to get on that.

Kid Charlemagne
07-04-2016, 04:24 PM
Hello friends, training camp is set to begin at the end of the month, so you know what that means? It's time to start thinking about Fantasy Football again. I'll create and send out invites, I'll automatically send you one if you were a part of the league last year, but I need to get a headcount on who wants to be in it, especially if you're a newbie.

Rubeninphoenix
07-04-2016, 07:27 PM
What if this Kevin Durant to the Warriors thing is a bust and they lose to the Cavs in the Finals next year? Then what will he do?

gorast
07-04-2016, 10:59 PM
Cry while dabbing his eyes with his dirty millions because he chased a ring rather than stay with a team that was a game away (and one good performance that Durant didn't deliver) from the Finals.

Chase the money, chase the rings, do what you think is best for your career. This probably is, because now the Warriors are a super super team. It's still a bitch move.

Deepvoid
07-05-2016, 09:52 PM
Anyone watching UFC 200?
Card is stacked. Should an exciting night. Hope the Lesnar vs Hunt fight will deliver. I have my money on Lesnar.

Tums206_BFY
07-06-2016, 12:45 AM
KD leaving OKC for the Warriors brings a smile to my face...... I'll just leave it at that.

Deepvoid
07-07-2016, 01:59 PM
And just like that we're out of a main even for UFC 200 after Jon Jones failing an out-of-competition drug test. 2 days before the fucking event.
Damn that sucks...

gorast
07-07-2016, 07:51 PM
Jon Jones is a piece of shit and this was 100% inevitable. He hasn't learned a fucking thing from the other events he's ruined, not to mention the hit-and-run where he only went back to grab his cash and his drugs. I don't want to see him on a UFC card ever again because he probably won't make it to the fight without doing something dumb as fuck.

fillow
07-10-2016, 11:42 AM
Go FRANCE!

thevoid99
07-10-2016, 06:01 PM
Fucking Portugal. They won without Ronaldo who only played 25 minutes. I still think he sucks.

Sallos
07-11-2016, 06:49 AM
Suck it france! Boy did that feel good. France is probably wondering how they got beaten by a team that passed through the group stage with only 3 points. They were really convinced this one were theirs for the taking, snubbing the portuguese team like i've never seen in previous championships, well suck it france.

Dra508
07-11-2016, 05:17 PM
Fucking Portugal. They won without Ronaldo who only played 25 minutes. I still think he sucks.I've always been neutral on Ronaldo, knew enough of the French players from the EPL to be rooting for them, but really thought it was great when Ronaldo screamed and pushed Rafael Guerreiro to get back on the pitch. 3 minutes left E$#%^$%^3 !!

Sarah K
07-19-2016, 12:11 PM
I cannot wait for football season. I need my life to have meaning again.

Excited for fantasy!

Sarah K
07-22-2016, 02:53 PM
Hello friends, training camp is set to begin at the end of the month, so you know what that means? It's time to start thinking about Fantasy Football again. I'll create and send out invites, I'll automatically send you one if you were a part of the league last year, but I need to get a headcount on who wants to be in it, especially if you're a newbie.

Did you ever do this, btw? And if so, could you resend to me?

Dra508
07-24-2016, 07:47 PM
Did you ever do this, btw? And if so, could you resend to me?

I got mine, but the url isn't working :(

Rubeninphoenix
07-24-2016, 11:41 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/17135651/sam-foltz-nebraska-cornhuskers-killed-car-crash

May these young men rest in peace.

Sarah K
07-25-2016, 11:40 AM
Yeah, it's awful. Now I understand how everyone felt when Brook Berringer died.

I am a huge Nebraska fan so I obviously have a lot of recent memories of Sam Foltz. But I actually have a couple of memories about Mike Sadler due to his Twitter exchanges with Faux Pelini and his subsequent petting of an imaginary cat during a game! Haha. The best. http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2013/12/24/5241830/mike-sadler-faux-pelini-twitter

Thankful that Delahoussaye survived.

elevenism
07-25-2016, 11:51 AM
My Mavs got hold of Andrew Bogut and Harrison Barnes, both from Golden State.
And Dirk's $40 million dollar deal just turned into a $50 million dollar deal. I am happy about this because it's like a reward for his loyalty. I mean, he's pushin' 40 and i doubt he's gonna be playing 50 million dollars worth of basketball anytime soon. But he IS dallas texas, and he deserves it.

Meanwhile, Golden State will be unbeatable for the next 10 years with their acquisition of Kevin Durant. They are the new Lakers.

I just wanna see dirk make it to the western conference championship one more time. They don't even have to win. He has his ring. I just want him to get one more good run. (and then i'm gonna cry and cry when he retires. No shit, he is absolutely my hero.) The new players, along with us possibly getting the giant Greg Monroe from the Bucks, might make a good run possible.

Sarah K
07-25-2016, 02:37 PM
Josh Gordon gets reinstated, but will serve a suspension the first four weeks. He is allowed to attend training camp, though.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000676568/article/josh-gordon-to-be-reinstated-face-fourgame-suspension

TheyCallMeDrug
08-04-2016, 01:40 AM
tonight was game 3 of the subway series for me. both teams are playing like shit but it's been nice to be at exciting games.

and citifield blows yankee stadium out of the water. yankee stadium is basically, "we got your money on the tix, now you can go fuck yourself - enjoy what you can see of the game!"

Dra508
08-04-2016, 06:07 PM
I got mine, but the url isn't working :( @Kid Charlemagne (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=92)

You don't want me to play? :( I'm starting to take this personal.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/ets2016 URL says I'm not in.

Kid Charlemagne
08-04-2016, 11:12 PM
Give me a few days guys. I'll open a new league this weekend. Work's been hell. PM me or let me know here if you still want to play. Thanks for your guys' patience. Sorry I haven't responded yet.

TheyCallMeDrug
08-04-2016, 11:35 PM
Give me a few days guys. I'll open a new league this weekend. Work's been hell. PM me or let me know here if you still want to play. Thanks for your guys' patience. Sorry I haven't responded yet.

send me a link!

Sarah K
08-05-2016, 07:09 PM
I am SO GODDAMN EXCITED for the Olympics. I've always loved them for some reason.

Fifey
08-05-2016, 08:44 PM

I didn't have problems with the last invite. I'm still in, so send me the new link when it's ready

Dra508
08-06-2016, 03:53 PM
I am SO GODDAMN EXCITED for the Olympics. I've always loved them for some reason.

I'm looking to watch badminton and fencing. I saw a few minutes of archery too.

Kid Charlemagne
08-07-2016, 09:07 PM
Alright friends, I created a new league and sent invites. I'm hoping this works for everyone. Let me know if you still have problems.

Conan The Barbarian
08-07-2016, 11:18 PM
I got the email.

thevoid99
08-10-2016, 10:09 PM
Kazakhstan wins 2 gold medals in swimming and weightlifting....

http://persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/borat-letterman-high-five.gif

miss k bee
08-12-2016, 10:01 AM
I love watching swimming, gymnastics and athletics at the Olympics. Been watching some judo, weightlifting and fencing too

Sarah K
08-20-2016, 03:51 PM
More people need to sign up for the fantasy league!

Dra508
08-21-2016, 02:02 PM
More people need to sign up for the fantasy league!

Seriously @Trish TheyCallMeDrug blackholesun @ shit I can remember the other names

miss k bee
08-21-2016, 06:46 PM
Damn I am going to miss watching the Olympics!.

TheyCallMeDrug
08-22-2016, 07:50 PM
i signed up last week!

edit: at least i thought i did :confused:

Sarah K
08-22-2016, 11:13 PM
There are 10 people signed up for the first one, but only 5 for the new one that got made. So you might have signed up on the initial one that was created.

Dra508
08-22-2016, 11:35 PM
There are 10 people signed up for the first one, but only 5 for the new one that got made. So you might have signed up on the initial one that was created.

I couldn't get in to the first, but I'm def one of the 5.

Tums206_BFY
08-23-2016, 08:56 AM
signed up for the one with 5 teams so we have 6 teams on there now.I don't think I got an email for the first one. Hopefully that gets filled up.

Kid Charlemagne
08-25-2016, 12:53 AM
Still need four more. If you're still interested in ETS Fantasy Football, please let me know!

TheyCallMeDrug
08-25-2016, 06:47 PM
Still need four more. If you're still interested in ETS Fantasy Football, please let me know!

resend me the link so i can double check to see if i made it

Archive_Reports
08-26-2016, 10:48 AM
I'm starting to feel bad for Tony Romo.

gorast
08-26-2016, 07:53 PM
I can appreciate his desire to never quit. I don't care what the motivation is at this point of his career, if he's worried he'll lose his spot or what. It takes a lot of heart to move past the injuries that Romo has had and try to get back on the field as much as possible, even if it's a terrible idea like it was last year when he came back from the collarbone break.

That said, I think he has two years, max. I feel like it's going to be only one year because he may very well get knocked out for the season, and someone's going to tell him to pull the plug on it after that.

ryanmcfly
08-27-2016, 02:45 PM
Romo has a broken bone in his back and might be out 6-10 weeks.

gorast
08-27-2016, 04:04 PM
Now Dak might actually take his job if he looks anything like he does in preseason.

Conan The Barbarian
08-27-2016, 11:57 PM
Tony romo needs to retire. Guy can't stay healthy. The fuck does he do with his body in the offseason?

Archive_Reports
08-28-2016, 09:05 AM
Andy Reid'ss BBQ has joined the ETS league!

gorast
08-30-2016, 09:27 PM
Terrible what happened to Teddy. People were really expecting him to make the leap this year and this might permanently derail his development.

How do you even shred your knee in practice like that on a non-contact injury? It's like someone took a hammer to it.

Dra508
08-31-2016, 12:16 PM
Tony romo needs to retire. Guy can't stay healthy. The fuck does he do with his body in the offseason?
Don't they say that most Strength and Conditioning training is for injury prevention? Maybe Romo doesn't do that right. It's like he has a glass body.

FYI ETS FF Draft on Sunday. I'll be auto drafting - diminishing knowledge.

Archive_Reports
08-31-2016, 12:42 PM
Terrible what happened to Teddy. People were really expecting him to make the leap this year and this might permanently derail his development.

How do you even shred your knee in practice like that on a non-contact injury? It's like someone took a hammer to it.

I don't understand why the Vikings have treated his injury the way they have. The whole thing was shrouded in secrecy for a few hours and there were reports of players cursing the heavens. Sucks that he got hurt, but it's Teddy Bridgwater, not Manning in his prime.

elevenism
08-31-2016, 02:20 PM
i bleed blue.
it's so sad about Romo. Statistically, he is one of the best qbs of all time, but he never had the football iq to convert those numbers into viable seasons.
But watching him dismantle NY, improbably, in the first game of last season, i suddenly realized that i was watching a veteran, that Romo had finally acquired the necessary mental prowess to make a deep playoff run. And then, CRUNCH. So i waited for this season. THIS was gonna be our year.
And then, CRUNCH again.

In the small town where i now live, half of the 1700 residents come out for HS football. The field is right behind my house. We beat every team last year by ridiculous margins except for one, and then they knocked us out of the playoffs. But said roadblock team has been moved up to 3A. The little high school team here has won the state championship more than once, and so i'm thinking that this is where i will get my sports thrills this season.

Also, at least the mavs acquired young talent from the Warriors and OKC lost their superstar. I don't think anyone will be beating Golden State, but i bet Dallas plays them in the WC finals, and that will also be lovely.

Conan The Barbarian
08-31-2016, 05:42 PM
i bleed blue.
it's so sad about Romo. Statistically, he is one of the best qbs of all time, but he never had the football iq to convert those numbers into viable seasons.
But watching him dismantle NY, improbably, in the first game of last season, i suddenly realized that i was watching a veteran, that Romo had finally acquired the necessary mental prowess to make a deep playoff run. And then, CRUNCH. So i waited for this season. THIS was gonna be our year.
And then, CRUNCH again.

In the small town where i now live, half of the 1700 residents come out for HS football. The field is right behind my house. We beat every team last year by ridiculous margins except for one, and then they knocked us out of the playoffs. But said roadblock team has been moved up to 3A. The little high school team here has won the state championship more than once, and so i'm thinking that this is where i will get my sports thrills this season.

Also, at least the mavs acquired young talent from the Warriors and OKC lost their superstar. I don't think anyone will be beating Golden State, but i bet Dallas plays them in the WC finals, and that will also be lovely.

Your rookie QB looks awesome, dont give up hope. This is coming from a dolphin fan that now lives in east texas.

Kid Charlemagne
08-31-2016, 09:06 PM
We still have one spot open, if anyone wants to join in, please let me know! We draft Sunday yall!

Piko
08-31-2016, 09:12 PM
We still have one spot open, if anyone wants to join in, please let me know! We draft Sunday yall!

I guess I can give it another go...

elevenism
08-31-2016, 11:44 PM
Your rookie QB looks awesome, dont give up hope. This is coming from a dolphin fan that now lives in east texas.
Where abouts in the east side?
I lived in Wills Point for like a year.

Man it gets REAL fucking country REAL fast heading east from the big D, ain't it. ;P

Conan The Barbarian
09-01-2016, 12:17 AM
Where abouts in the east side?
I lived in Wills Point for like a year.

Man it gets REAL fucking country REAL fast heading east from the big D, ain't it. ;P

Tyler.

I was born and raised in Miami Florida

elevenism
09-02-2016, 04:17 PM
Tyler.

I was born and raised in Miami Florida

That shit confused me for a minute because my name is Tyler, lolol. I thought you misunderstood my question and were saying "Tyler...."

Tyler is pretty damn cool, especially when compared to places like Grand Saline and Terrel and Wills Point.
It's also real fucking pretty out there.

Sorry for drift.

TheyCallMeDrug
09-02-2016, 10:58 PM
I'm gonna try my hardest to be home by ETS draft time on Sunday but it's not looking good. I'll prob be on auto draft :(

everyone else gonna be able to make it at that time????

Piko
09-02-2016, 11:23 PM
I'm gonna try my hardest to be home by ETS draft time on Sunday but it's not looking good. I'll prob be on auto draft :(

everyone else gonna be able to make it at that time????

I've got nothing else going on sunday, so I'll be there for sure...

Kid Charlemagne
09-03-2016, 01:55 PM
I'll be there to draft. I ain't doing shit.

Sarah K
09-03-2016, 03:57 PM
I'll be autodrafting.

Piko
09-04-2016, 05:45 PM
Draft is 6pst, right?

Sarah K
09-04-2016, 06:45 PM
I'm in there right now, and it says it starts in 14 minutes.

Conan The Barbarian
09-05-2016, 10:06 PM
Damnit. I missed the draft on this again. I guess this league will be 2nd on my mind.

Archive_Reports
09-07-2016, 05:37 PM
The Evolution of Punk series is pretty interesting. Started watching because he amazingly, finally fights on Saturday.

miss k bee
09-07-2016, 07:00 PM
Paralympics Opening ceremony looks wow

Rubeninphoenix
09-08-2016, 06:07 PM
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!!! I see Carolina beating Denver easily tonight. Panthers D will harass Trevor Siemian into making a lot of mistakes that Denver's D won't be able to make up for.

Archive_Reports
09-09-2016, 11:39 AM
Sure glad I benched Anderson.

Sarah K
09-09-2016, 01:48 PM
All those helmet to helmet hits on Cam that went unchecked... Fucking YIKES.

burninglard
09-10-2016, 11:27 PM
Happy my Broncos won on opening night. The D looked great in the second half.
Just want to say about Newton getting hit... Sure calls were missed. I can't argue that, but you dance, dab and talk crap to the other team. Well they are going to be more motivated to hit you.
Also even Ray Lewis said "How else you suppose to play?" It's football and you have a guy who plays physical and runs a lot. Then he is going to get banged up. Just my 2 cents. I have nothing against him or the Panthers. :)
Also I think it's funny that nobody thinks Denver will be good this year, lol. I am not saying we will win the Super Bowl, but give us some credit to at least make the playoffs.

Archive_Reports
09-11-2016, 07:52 AM
^^Spoken like a true Broncos fan.

Piko
09-11-2016, 02:10 PM
I'm an idiot for not playing Snead. Missed out on 14 points (so far).

Conan The Barbarian
09-11-2016, 07:22 PM
Fuck Pete carol, fuck Kenny stills, fuck fantasy football.

TheyCallMeDrug
09-11-2016, 07:38 PM
close to a win in ets and won in my other league.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Super-Saiyan-3-Goku-Strikes-a-Victory-Pose-After-Winning-An-Epic-Battle-On-Dragon-Ball-Z.gif

Dra508
09-11-2016, 10:55 PM
I was graded D by Yahoo on my ETS FF draft. Today, I've got the most points so far biotches. Thank you Andy Luck. [emoji182]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheyCallMeDrug
09-19-2016, 12:56 AM
bout to win again this week...and brady isnt back yet. gronk out is killing me inside but my team is winning so the damage has been limited.

Rubeninphoenix
09-25-2016, 09:46 AM
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/17632541/miami-marlins-ace-jose-fernandez-dies-boating-accident

Definitely tragic news to see this Sunday morning. One of the best young players in all of baseball has died at the age of 24. A soon to be father, someone with legitimate Hall of Fame potential, and someone who always seemed to be enjoying playing the game at its highest level to the fullest. Condolences to his family, friends, and teammates (The Marlins' brass has chosen to cancel today's game vs the Braves).

Conan The Barbarian
09-25-2016, 10:03 AM
Yea been getting texts this morning from friends back home. Devastating loss to the baseball community down there. Especially with fellow Cubans. Even my grandma texted me.

TheyCallMeDrug
09-25-2016, 03:11 PM
i thought i got jennings off my squad and started coleman instead :mad: if i lose this week because of that im gonna be so pissssed.

Dra508
09-25-2016, 07:46 PM
Fifey must be kicking himself for leaving Matt Stafford and Emmanuel Sanders on his bench #ETSFF. Sweeeennnn

TheyCallMeDrug
09-27-2016, 09:47 PM
snuck into first with an embarrassing score and massive points on my bench. i'll take it :rolleyes:

brady's gonna be so maaaaaad when he gets back. i cant wait.

Fifey
09-27-2016, 11:05 PM
@Fifey (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=126) must be kicking himself for leaving Matt Stafford and Emmanuel Sanders on his bench #ETSFF. Sweeeennnn

Definitely. Years of fearing the Lions playing in Green Bay scared me off Stafford. Ah well, congrats on the win. I'll get you next time.

TheyCallMeDrug
09-27-2016, 11:46 PM
the NL wildcard race is killing me. i have tix for the mets wildcard game and nlds games

crossing my fingers hard for some good october baseball

Dra508
10-06-2016, 06:13 PM
sarah is going down. Two QBs on bye? Wtf woman !!!!

Sarah K
10-07-2016, 11:46 AM
I actually thought I had picked someone up the other day. I must have imagined that. Gonna be a rough week for me!

kdrcraig
10-12-2016, 07:56 AM
CUBS WIN!!!!!!!!!!! What a fucking game

Conan The Barbarian
10-12-2016, 08:46 AM
Pulling for the cubs to go all the way this year.

thevoid99
10-12-2016, 04:52 PM
I want to see the Cubs vs. the Indians for the World Series. That is $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Archive_Reports
10-12-2016, 05:39 PM
NHL is back tonight! Let's go Avs...on Friday!

Deepvoid
10-13-2016, 07:15 AM
NHL is back tonight! Let's go Avs...on Friday!

Two words ... Leafs sucks.
Haha! Poor Austin Matthews. The kid scores 4 goals in his first NHL game, making history but yet, the Leafs can't even win the goddamn game.

Habs opens their season without Price. What else is new ...

Archive_Reports
10-13-2016, 08:42 AM
Two words ... Leafs sucks.
Haha! Poor Austin Matthews. The kid scores 4 goals in his first NHL game, making history but yet, the Leafs can't even win the goddamn game.

I really hope his career trajectory is different than that of, say, Andrew Luck where his talent is wasted on garbage teams. (Obviously a small sample size for both involved, but you get what I'm saying.)

Archive_Reports
10-13-2016, 08:18 PM
I do not give a hot damn about the Florida Panthers, but this is a good move.

http://deadspin.com/the-florida-panthers-are-all-wearing-jose-fernandez-jer-1787774047

elevenism
10-13-2016, 10:25 PM
So, liek, how bout them motherfucking cowboys?

If Dak keeps winning, i seriously hope Romo lets it ride and doesn't fuck things up by trying to come back mid season.

Dra508
10-13-2016, 11:55 PM
I do not give a hot damn about the Florida Panthers, but this is a good move.

http://deadspin.com/the-florida-panthers-are-all-wearing-jose-fernandez-jer-1787774047

Two of my favorite hockey personalities and standup guys are on that team: Jagr and Shawn Thornton. Good for them, I say. Hold over from the shared brotherhood amongst teams when they both played in Boston. ❤️️[emoji970]

Sarah K
10-14-2016, 12:00 AM
What the fuck, Denver?

TheyCallMeDrug
10-16-2016, 12:08 AM
most amazing 8th inning of the year. if the world series tix werent listed for 1.5k plus id consider flying out to catch one

elevenism
10-17-2016, 12:27 PM
The Dallas Cowboys are fucking amazing this year.

Where are the cowboys fans. Dra508 ? @Conan The Barbarian (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=498) ?

As texans you are required to have an opinion about the Dallas Cowboys at all times.

I believe that we are having a fucking miracle season, and that Dak should keep playing and Romo should like coach Dak or something.

Romo should not come back. What do you guys think?

Dra508
10-17-2016, 01:13 PM

Where are the cowboys fans. Dra508 ? @Conan The Barbarian (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=498) ?

As texans you are required to have an opinion about the Dallas Cowboys at all times.

I believe that we are having a fucking miracle season, and that Dak should keep playing and Romo should like coach Dak or something.

I'm a Pats fan, sorry.

Yesterday, I said I should be a Houston fan since the coach is from South Boston and they have a couple of former Pats. Apparently you can't root for them if you live in North Texas. It's a thing.[emoji6]

elevenism
10-17-2016, 01:18 PM
I'm a Pats fan, sorry.

Yesterday, I said I should be a Houston fan since the coach is from South Boston and they have a couple of former Pats. Apparently you can't root for them if you live in North Texas. It's a thing.[emoji6]

i am offended by the idea that the triple D is "north texas"

I currently live in and spiritually hail from NORTH texas.
http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a609/tylerlankford11/strat_zpsmp90fy2v.jpg (http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/tylerlankford11/media/strat_zpsmp90fy2v.jpg.html)

I was forged in dirty dirty dallas though :P i just don''t understand why the dfdub is considered north texas.

The Pats go hard as fuck. But do you have NO love for the Boys?

Archive_Reports
10-17-2016, 01:36 PM
The Cowboys have beaten mostly garbage teams with a combined record of 11-18. Not saying they're bad, but let's hold off on appointing them anything other than owners of a 5-1 record.

elevenism
10-17-2016, 01:57 PM
The Cowboys have beaten mostly garbage teams with a combined record of 11-18. Not saying they're bad, but let's hold off on appointing them anything other than owners of a 5-1 record.
The cowboys are IT for me.
Period. Good or bad.
It's like part of the culture if you come up in dallas or texas in general.

And they usually suck, and it's depressing.

5 and 1 is nothing less than a goddamn miracle for lifelong Cowboys fans.

Archive_Reports
10-17-2016, 02:03 PM
Period. Good or bad.

Unless you're under 25, this is a factually inaccurate statement. They've won three Super Bowls since 1992. They have also won the NFC East three times in the past decade and only been under .500 twice during that same time period.

elevenism
10-17-2016, 02:11 PM
Unless you're under 25, this is a factually inaccurate statement. They've won three Super Bowls since 1992. They have also won the NFC East three times in the past decade and only been under .500 twice during that same time period.

True, true.
It's just that dallas had kind of become choke city, you knoe? and we want another trip to the super bowl

Archive_Reports
10-17-2016, 02:14 PM
True, true.
It's just that dallas had kind of become choke city, you knoe? and we want another trip to the super bowl

I have witnessed precisely one Chiefs playoff victory in 20 seasons. You get no sympathy from me.

allegate
10-17-2016, 02:23 PM
Period. Good or bad.

I'm not from Texas but my little league team were the Cowboys and since then I've been a fan. I always get crap for it because everyone think it's because of the Super Bowls or whatever but it was little league first and foremost.

Sarah K
10-17-2016, 02:30 PM
Agreed. I can understand Cowboy fans wanting to latch on to what is happening right now, but look at it realistically. They haven't played anyone yet.

Prescott should without a doubt be Romo's replacement. In six games, he has thrown one pick. Romo can't get through a half without a pick. BUT Jerry Jones has an unreasonable obsession with Romo because of all of the cash that they have sunk into his mediocre ass over the last decade. So who knows what will actually end up happening. Dak is exciting and fun to watch, though.

Dra508
10-17-2016, 04:08 PM
The Cowboys were great when Staubauch was their QB. Dude went to the Naval academy with my uncle so I could ever hate the team.

Still- Brady with the uggs

elevenism
10-17-2016, 10:31 PM
It's root root root for the home team for me.

I'm a MFFL (mavs fan for life.) I watched them from the eighties till the orgasmic moment when they won the championship, and i watch them now.
I am a permanent cowboys fan-i watched them when they were winning when i was young, and i watched them when they sucked.

I know we haven't exactly played any hardcore teams yet, but i bet we beat those motherfucking eagles.

This feels like one of those miracle seasons to me, and if Dak keeps playing, i think we have a reasonable chance of going to the superbowl.
My wife and i think Romo should be a special QB coach. I've heard a rumor that romo is talking into Dak's helmet electronically and telling him what to do. If that is true, we need to keep doing that. Perhaps Dak is doing what Romo wants to do in his mind, but lacks the physical talent to do himself.

Archive_Reports
10-18-2016, 08:45 AM
Motherfucking Landeskog scoring two motherfucking goals in the clutch to beat the motherfucking Penguins in OT! What a handsome goal-scoring man.

Dra508
10-18-2016, 11:00 AM
Holy shite - I won my fantasy game last night - I was sure to lose. Thank you David Johnson and your 3 TDs!!!!

Conan The Barbarian
10-19-2016, 03:14 PM

Where are the cowboys fans. @Dra508 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=101) ? @Conan The Barbarian (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=498) ?

I am a Dolphins fan since I was born and raised in Miami and recently moved to Texas. Has been a hard year as a phins fan so I am putting my cheers to the vikings this year and keeping my phins in the background. I refuse to support Stephen Ross and who ever is in the Miami front office with their constant piss poor choices.

Also, even though its nice to see the boys kicking some ass and part of the much more exciting NFC ( only afc team that has my interest is the raiders), I can never bring myself to be a cowboys fan due to the shit thrown at me from a friend.

I also agree that they should trade out Romo and get themselves another good young qb to back up prescott. Hopefully he is not a Kapernic one good year type of player.

ryanmcfly
10-19-2016, 03:27 PM
It seems like Romo to the Jets next year might happen.

Archive_Reports
10-19-2016, 03:46 PM
It seems like Romo to the Jets next year might happen.

Is this rumored somewhere?

ryanmcfly
10-19-2016, 03:53 PM
Is this rumored somewhere?

It's just speculation at this point. They're going to need a QB, and it seems like a Jets move.

thevoid99
10-19-2016, 07:20 PM
Yo Bartender! Jobu needs a refill!!!!! And a lot of it because he's going to the fucking World Series!!!!!!!!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvKoPf4UkAAJTnw.jpg

Archive_Reports
10-23-2016, 10:30 AM
If Charlie Sheen and Thomas Ian Nicholas don't tjrow out the Indians' and Cubs' respective first pitches, it will be a great injustice.

Conan The Barbarian
10-23-2016, 02:23 PM
Yo Bartender! Jobu needs a refill!!!!! And a lot of it because he's going to the fucking World Series!!!!!!!!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvKoPf4UkAAJTnw.jpg

Rooting for both teams this series, but I really wish I could like this post a million times.

It is very bad to drink jobu 's rum. It is very bad.

thevoid99
10-23-2016, 04:55 PM
I'm going to root for the Cubs but I won't be mad if the Indians win. Both teams deserve to end their droughts. Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn vs. Henry Rowengartner.... who hasn't been waiting to see this?

Archive_Reports
10-24-2016, 12:05 PM
The number of bad NFL games has far outweighed the good this year. I'm over it.

Conan The Barbarian
10-29-2016, 11:28 PM
Man the cubs better win these next two games to make this series Internet again. But I really don't think they can.

thevoid99
10-29-2016, 11:37 PM
I hope the Cubs win the next game as I would prefer to see Cleveland win it at home as Cubs fan have endured too much heartbreak. At least they made it to the World Series.

elevenism
10-30-2016, 01:36 PM
Alright, Dallas needs to beat Philly tonight.

TheyCallMeDrug
10-30-2016, 08:42 PM
nope, philly is killing dallas. and im holding onto 1st in ETS fantasy!

elevenism
10-31-2016, 12:40 AM
nope, philly is killing dallas. and im holding onto 1st in ETS fantasy!

Ahem. You were saying?

Best record in the NFC for the time being.

ryanmcfly
10-31-2016, 01:12 PM
Seeing the Patriots trade Jamie Collins makes me a little sad. Then I realize they will definitely be able to resign Hightower!

Dra508
10-31-2016, 06:58 PM
im holding onto 1st in ETS fantasy!I need Connor Barth to not kick even an extra point tonight and THEN maybe I'll win a ETS FF game. :|

Sarah K
11-01-2016, 12:34 AM
Lost AGAIN because when I woke up to move J. Hill from the bench, the game had already started.

FUCK YOU INGRAM.

TheyCallMeDrug
11-01-2016, 12:53 AM
i won my ets game by a yard (.10 pt) :eek:

Fifey
11-01-2016, 07:47 PM
i won my ets game by a yard (.10 pt) :eek:

BOOOOOOOOOOOO. I watched that last meaningless catch and saw it went for 31 yards and it took me 10 minutes to pick my jaw off the ground. I thought I had it. Well played on the late line up change.

I need to be a little better on my line up selections. The winning points were at TE sitting on my bench. Still holding a playoff spot, so I'm still OK, but man...I thought I had you right up until the end there.

TheyCallMeDrug
11-01-2016, 09:08 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOO. I watched that last meaningless catch and saw it went for 31 yards and it took me 10 minutes to pick my jaw off the ground. I thought I had it. Well played on the late line up change.

I need to be a little better on my line up selections. The winning points were at TE sitting on my bench. Still holding a playoff spot, so I'm still OK, but man...I thought I had you right up until the end there.

i was stunned. i dont think ive ever seen a game decided by a tenth of a point before. good match up, and yea that late switch was my last hope to win. i got lucky.

Dra508
11-01-2016, 11:29 PM
i was stunned. i dont think ive ever seen a game decided by a tenth of a point before. good match up, and yea that late switch was my last hope to win. i got lucky.

I've see FF results change when the numbers get double checked. Heartbreaking.

thevoid99
11-02-2016, 12:31 AM
And there will be a Game 7. This is the game no baseball fan should miss. One team will finally end its drought.

TheyCallMeDrug
11-02-2016, 12:54 PM
lets go cubs

Dra508
11-02-2016, 03:47 PM
I'm going with The Cubs too even though Terry Franconia is The Man.

thevoid99
11-02-2016, 05:37 PM
I'm going for the Cubs as well. I wouldn't be sad if the Indians win. Both teams deserve to end their drought.

Archive_Reports
11-02-2016, 05:52 PM
November is too late for baseball.

Dra508
11-02-2016, 06:03 PM
November is too late for baseball.

Seriously. It's like ice hockey in June.

Conan The Barbarian
11-03-2016, 12:51 AM
Now that's some badass baseball right there.

Congrats Chicago and to the cubs. Thank you Indians for being apart of an amazing World Series. This was what I was looking for and more.

thevoid99
11-03-2016, 12:55 AM
Definitely one of the best baseball games I had ever seen. This will be etched in stone for eons. The Cleveland Indians played their asses off and they are a great team. They deserve some love as I hope they can get a chance to go the World Series and win. Yet, tonight is about the fucking Cubs. 108-year drought is fucking over. What a fucking game this is. No more "Wait till next year". This is fucking next year. Congratulations Chicago.

GulDukat
11-03-2016, 01:19 AM
The last time the Cubs won the World Series was Before World War I, women couldn't vote, and it had been only five years since the first flight.

Cat Mom
11-03-2016, 02:39 AM
We were out at a local sports bar watching this and everyone except one Lester fan wanted to punch Maddon for taking out Hendricks tonight, made ZERO fucking sense. What a painful win but we held on and did it but not without most of us CUBS fans nearly having a fucking stroke, ugh. The entire bar cleared out and went home during the rain delay and G and I watched the last OT inning at home with the dog. G cried. The dog danced. Our Chicago friends from all over the country texted us. Wtf the fucking CUBS just won the World Series.

This week we are gonna do what nearly everybody is gonna do on the north side: put CUBS flags on our dead CUBS fan relatives' graves.

Deepvoid
11-03-2016, 07:11 AM
What an exciting game last night. Congrats to the Cubs and their fans!
I miss baseball in Montreal. Hopefully, we'll get our team back sooner than later.

EndlessLoveless
11-03-2016, 08:16 AM
Un fucking real. I dont usually do my sports on ETS, but holy shit man. What a year, what a series, what a night. Just unbelievable. W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go cubs Go! I prob shouldnt have driven to work this morning as i am still drunken! World series champs muthafucker!

Archive_Reports
11-03-2016, 11:35 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_935wAgojuqw/SbqddXz4YPI/AAAAAAAAAt0/zPnePErRsAs/s400/Picture+18.png

marodi
11-03-2016, 03:06 PM
What an exciting game last night. Congrats to the Cubs and their fans!
I miss baseball in Montreal. Hopefully, we'll get our team back sooner than later.

I'm still crying over the 1981 season. Come back, Nos Amours!

I'm such a die-hard baseball fan but I rarely watch it anymore because I'm always reminded of all we've lost when the Expos left.

But I had to watch yesterday and good God, what a game it was. I was rooting for the Cubs all the way. I'm with John Cusack; I'm both a Cubs and a White Sox fan. And a Blue Jays one; and of course, a Yankees one.

Baseball is the greatest sport on Earth.

Congrats Cubs and enjoy the celebrations!

TheyCallMeDrug
11-03-2016, 09:50 PM
best worldseries game ive ever seen. probably best baseball game ive ever seen. until the mets decide to win a world series :)

Kid Charlemagne
11-03-2016, 10:24 PM
I fucking hate Aroldis Chapman. Like I was almost glad that he was the goat (no pun intended), because he's such a shit human being and him blowing the save was almost karmic in a way. Glad to see two more runs put on and Edwards and Montgomery come in to win the game.

Kyle was pulled too early and Lester was just all over the place when he came in, nearly gave me a fucking heart attack.

Loved how Jay Hey was the one to give a pep talk to the team to rile them up. I know he's been kind of a bust this season, but I think people underestimate how great he is defensively, like seriously, he's the best defensive outfielder in baseball, and with that lineup, he can sort of afford to underachieve with his bat.

So happy for Chicago, happy for the Cubs. I hate Cleveland, but I tip my hat to the Indians. I love Tito, and considering two of their starting pitchers got injured before the playoffs started, they fucking went toe to toe and that's admirable. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if we get a rematch next year.

TheyCallMeDrug
11-03-2016, 10:42 PM
michael evans killing it for me tonight...this week is looking good in ets fantasy

Cat Mom
11-04-2016, 12:05 AM
All Saints Cemetery

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwWmIudXcAAbO-d.jpg

"Sure as God made green apples, someday the Chicago Cubs are going to be in the World Series." -- Harry Caray

Rubeninphoenix
11-04-2016, 02:45 AM
Kevin Durant seriously must've hated playing with Russell Westbrook to have the fire to put on a performance like he did tonight.

kdrcraig
11-04-2016, 10:36 AM
The Cubbies winning still seems so surreal. What a series, game 7 took several years off of my life. I've already spent over 200 bucks on world series swag, ha.

elevenism
11-04-2016, 11:13 AM
i'm so fucking proud of the cubs

Cat Mom
11-04-2016, 12:03 PM
The Cubbies winning still seems so surreal. What a series, game 7 took several years off of my life. I've already spent over 200 bucks on world series swag, ha.

Chicagoans WORSHIP Harry Caray and people keep playing this commercial online and on their computer, of (the late) Harry calling the game like he was still alive, and it is STILL making my HUSBAND CRY, and I think he is gonna spend about a grand on Cubs champion shit, LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nApTGkLd2hs&feature=youtu.be

Right now, we are watching the CRAZY MAYHEM downtown, holy shit.

kdrcraig
11-04-2016, 12:06 PM
Yeah I'm watching the parade on my phone, there are so many people there. I will refrain from watching that video until I get home, can't be crying at work. Haha.

Cat Mom
11-04-2016, 12:08 PM
Good idea! :p

The team allegedly has FORTY BUSES??!?!?!?!

At least they have signs on the front of the buses as to who is ON the bus. We went to the Hawks Stanley Cup parade in 2010 and a shitload of buses passed us and everybody kept saying "who the fuck is that?" because there were just a bunch of unknown people on the bus from what we could determine.

I wish we could have gone down there and stood along Lake Shore Drive or something, but my husband took yesterday off already (hangover).

http://www.trbimg.com/img-581cad9d/turbine/ct-cubs-world-series-parade-photos/1150/1150x647

Sarah K
11-06-2016, 07:57 PM
MY FANTASY TEAM IS LIT TONIGHT

Too bad whoever I am playing against didn't update their roster, and have like three players on a Bye. That makes it less rewarding.

Rubeninphoenix
11-06-2016, 08:10 PM
No David Johnson, no Cardinals D, and no LeGarrette Blount (even if his role has diminshed since Brady's return) and it looks like I might be headed for my first L in my fantasy football league. 7-0 no more perhaps.

Conan The Barbarian
11-06-2016, 10:08 PM
MY FANTASY TEAM IS LIT TONIGHT

Too bad whoever I am playing against didn't update their roster, and have like three players on a Bye. That makes it less rewarding.

Might be me. I terminated my yahoo account, don't know if my team still exists.

TheyCallMeDrug
11-06-2016, 10:15 PM
Might be me. I terminated my yahoo account, don't know if my team still exists.

nah i played you tonight. your team is a mess.

themethatyouknow
11-09-2016, 03:21 AM
I find it kind of refreshing that I lost by 68 on my massive bye week. I knew I wasn't going to win anyway, so might as well get it all out of the system and completely crap the bed. On to week 10.

elevenism
11-09-2016, 03:27 AM
If you aren't a cowboys fan, you can't imagine how wonderful it is to have the best record in the NFL 8 games in.

The next few weeks are gonna be the real test, but i think we just might go to the superbowl this year.

Archive_Reports
11-09-2016, 11:46 AM
If you aren't a cowboys fan, you can't imagine how wonderful it is to have the best record in the NFL 8 games in.

The next few weeks are gonna be the real test, but i think we just might go to the superbowl this year.

http://deadspin.com/report-tony-romo-is-healthy-enough-to-play-1788756096

Conan The Barbarian
11-13-2016, 08:50 PM
The Miami Dolphins have won 4 in a row. I am very, very happy. Now I just need for the Patriots to all break their legs.

elevenism
11-14-2016, 01:24 PM
Dallas now has, hands down, the best record in the NFL, and the season is more than halfway over.
There is the whole "any given sunday" phenomenon, and we have no idea how this incarnation of the Cowboys will do under playoff level pressure, but it'd be pretty hard to do worse than romo, who is statistically one of the all time great QBs but seems to choke every time it counts.
It appears that after Dak started in place of a healthy Romo yesterday, Dak is now the QB. And Romo has agreed to be the backup for Prescott. (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000738120/article/tony-romo-willing-to-be-backup-to-dak-prescott)
This is an exciting time to be a Cowboys fan. I don't see any reason why we can't make it to the superbowl.
I was raised to root for the home team. People who live in Texas and don't root for the Cowboys or the Texans, i don't understand. People who are able to do that, i guess for them, it's great. But i have suffered through years and years of the mavericks being the laughingstock of the NBA until we brought it home, and i've been waiting 20 years for the Cowboys to make a serious run.
Those of us who have suffered through the painful losses and heartbreaking seasons DESERVE a few winning Cowboys seasons, just like we deserved that NBA championship.
I am so fucking happy with the cowboys this year. But i will tell you guys what-i wore my Cowboys hat and one of my cowboys shirts at LEAST once a week LAST year too, when we won 4 fucking games.

Edit: i should add the caveat that if you come from somewhere else, i DEFINITELY understand being a fan of the team of your place of origin.

allegate
11-14-2016, 02:00 PM
I try not to talk about sports too much because I pay so little attention to them but I think this is my year for sports escapism. My NCAA team hasn't a chance in hell of winning the national championship but I don't care, they're playing the best ball I've seen out of them for almost a decade so I can only hope it continues for the rest of the season.

Sarah K
11-14-2016, 09:53 PM
My shitty fantasy team takes down first place!

TheyCallMeDrug
11-16-2016, 08:48 PM
My shitty fantasy team takes down first place!

yea my team shit the bed this week. good job.

Sarah K
11-22-2016, 02:05 PM
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/jj-watt-am-i-done/

This is a great piece by JJ Watt.

I hope to see him back at 100%.

elevenism
11-28-2016, 11:10 AM
So did you guys watch the traditional thanksgiving Cowboys @ Redskins game?
Did you notice how Dak and Zeke rammed it right up washington's ass?
So how about them motherfucking 10 and 1, best record in the NFL, LONGEST WINNING STREAK IN FRANCHISE HISTORY, Cowboys?

Sarah K
11-28-2016, 11:32 AM
Amazing what can happen when they finally start letting go of an incredibly overpaid, remarkably average QB.

They are pretty fun to watch this year, though their fans have become even more insufferable, which makes it a little less fun.

If Ezekiel Elliott can keep his ass out of trouble, and get out of the investigation on him right now without facing any bans or punishment, it will be interesting to see how he can grow and progress. He is great. I hope it isn't a one off good year, because he makes the games exciting.

If Prescott continues to improve, he will be great, as well. Though he has one of, if not THE best O-Line protecting him right now. So that can shift and change rapidly from season to season.

Archive_Reports
11-28-2016, 11:39 AM
So did you guys watch the traditional thanksgiving Cowboys @ Redskins game?
Did you notice how Dak and Zeke rammed it right up washington's ass?
So how about them motherfucking 10 and 1, best record in the NFL, LONGEST WINNING STREAK IN FRANCHISE HISTORY, Cowboys?

Good win, the first one over a team with a winning record since the Eagles in week eight. The upcoming schedule looks pretty favorable too. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade or anything, just being realistic. All that said, I'd much rather see Dallas have a good run than the Skins, Seahawks, most other teams in the NFC.

On another note, great game last night between KC and Denver. Can't believe the Chiefs were able to take it because there were so many times I thought it was over.

elevenism
11-28-2016, 01:56 PM
Good win, the first one over a team with a winning record since the Eagles in week eight. The upcoming schedule looks pretty favorable too.
Are you suggesting conspiracy?

Sarah K
11-28-2016, 01:58 PM
No. He's saying that the Cowboys haven't faced many teams who aren't terrible this year. Most of the teams they have faced have had losing records, so it is good to see how they stack up against teams that are not awful.

Rubeninphoenix
11-28-2016, 11:01 PM
Yankees looking at bringing Aroldis Chapman back but rumor is he's looking for a 5 year, $100+ million deal. No way ANY reliever is worth that much, not even Mo (Mariano Rivera) at his absolute peak.

Sarah K
12-04-2016, 02:47 PM
Penn State got absolutely robbed in the playoff selection. Ugh.

RJK
12-04-2016, 08:29 PM
The Nittany Lions haven't lost since my wife and I went to Happy Valley to see them play Minnesota. We are their unofficial good luck charm.

Fifey
12-04-2016, 09:50 PM

You misspelled Western Michigan ;-)

Kidding, of course, since I seem to be all alone in thinking my alma mater belongs in the Playoffs (I don't care about "strength" of "schedule"...you have to beat who's in front of you and you can't MAKE Power 5 teams play you when they have nothing to gain and everything to lose, and if you go 13-0 you deserve a shot at the title). I do think that Penn State should have gotten in over Ohio State though. If you can't win your conference, you don't deserve a shot at the title. Penn State should be playing Alabama while Clemson and Washington duke it out.

But if this year didn't prove that we need an 8 team playoff, I don't know what it would take to convince the powers that be.

Also, congrats to my Broncos on the Cotton Bowl. Bring on Wisconsin and hopefully another year of PJ Fleck!

Sarah K
12-04-2016, 10:05 PM
At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter. Alabama will steamroll whoever is placed in their path. But still...

Strength of schedule has to be taken into account, though. An non-Power 5 conference school going undefeated is not in the same league as a Power 5 school going undefeated. Is that going to be fair all of the time? Perhaps not, but it is reality. This will hopefully motivate all teams among all divisions and conferences to schedule tougher out of conference play instead of opting for the "gimme" games for the larger schools.

While an 8 team playoff would be nice, that would add a lot of games for these kids who are already juggling so much with being students and the countless hours of practice that they must put in to remain on these teams. Also just the general wear and tear that it does on their bodies(and the size and level of play of who would make it into that is big).

Though it will be interesting to me to see how the playoff scenario morphs and changes the further we get into it. I'm glad that it is at least happening, no matter how small it may be at the moment.

elevenism
12-05-2016, 12:23 AM
No. He's saying that the Cowboys haven't faced many teams who aren't terrible this year. Most of the teams they have faced have had losing records, so it is good to see how they stack up against teams that are not awful.
The thing is, we are used to getting our ass handed to us by teams with LOSING records, and out of nowhere, the proverbial script has been flipped.

As far as the fans being annoying, i think it's a matter of having lived it.
When i was 11, 12, 13-the Cows were the best team in the nfl.
And then we had like 20 something years of mostly being awful, to the point where i stopped watching them because it was too sad.
I dont remember where you are from originally,but i doubt your team has been worse than dallas.
So after a couple of decades of assuming we would lose every fucking game, we are suddenly winning.
It's quite thrilling. I apologize for the exuberance, but had you lived the experience that we have lived, i think you MIGHT understand. :)

furthermore, like 15 teams had losing records before last week, right?

edit: another thing that might be surprising is that it seems like most of the cowboys haters, at least from where i am sitting, are texans-friends and family.
So it's nice to see them finally be baffled by a surging Pokes club.

Sarah K
12-08-2016, 12:57 PM
Lane Kiffin hired by University of Houston... This fucking guy.

Rubeninphoenix
12-08-2016, 05:40 PM
Lane Kiffin hired by University of Houston... This fucking guy. You would think that colleges have realized he's a great coordinator but not quite cut out to be a HC but no, they still want to hire him.

Sarah K
12-08-2016, 06:13 PM
Sooooo apparently those reports this morning were false. He hasn't been offered the spot yet. But there is a meeting tonight to decide who will fill the vacancy.

I'd be interested to see how he does at a smaller school like this with less pressure. And to see how three years under the absolute best possible teacher have influenced(hopefully matured) him.

Lane Kiffin - College football's favorite troll.

Archive_Reports
12-09-2016, 08:52 AM
Kansas City's starting to get my hopes up...

Sarah K
12-09-2016, 11:20 AM
PLOT TWIST: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000753942/article/university-of-houston-names-major-applewhite-coach

Houston goes with Major Applewhite over Kiffin.

Kiffin's contract is up soon. Does Alabama resign him?

Sarah K
12-11-2016, 03:14 PM
DYING at someone in our league having L. Bell on the goddamn bench!

elevenism
12-11-2016, 11:44 PM
Well i hope that Dallas/NY matchup isn't a preview of the playoffs. :/

as in wildcard NY beats us in round 1, AGAIN, just like in 07.

Archive_Reports
12-12-2016, 11:06 AM
Well i hope that Dallas/NY matchup isn't a preview of the playoffs. :/

as in wildcard NY beats us in round 1, AGAIN, just like in 07.

And just like that, everyone's faith in Dak and the rest of the Cowboys has been shook.

Sarah K
12-12-2016, 11:47 AM
I only watched the first half, so not sure what all happened.

But average Eli's ability to carry out upsets never ceases to amaze me.

Sarah K
12-12-2016, 12:27 PM
Another plot twist in the Lane Kiffin saga... He accepts the FAU head coach position.

Archive_Reports
12-12-2016, 01:59 PM
I only watched the first half, so not sure what all happened.

But average Eli's ability to carry out upsets never ceases to amaze me.

If Eli bumblefucks his way to another Super Bowl I don't know how I'll cope.

Dak may have hit a bit of a rookie wall but I can't believe people are calling for Romo. Actually I guess I can, because Dallas.

Fifey
12-12-2016, 09:51 PM

Dak may have hit a bit of a rookie wall but I can't believe people are calling for Romo. Actually I guess I can, because Dallas.

I agree about Manning the lesser. He annoys the crap out of me and I want nothing but bad things to happen to him.

Going back to Romo would be a huge mistake. Dallas, please make that move in two weeks when the Lions are in town.

I don't know how I'm going to handle next week. A Lions win and a Packers loss gives the Lions their first division title since the early 90s. A home playoff game? And even a shot at a first round bye? I have to be careful about getting excited, or we'll go 0-3 the rest of the way and miss the playoffs completely, but still have a crappy low pick.

Sarah K
12-13-2016, 10:13 AM
Then we can hear ELI IS ELITE over and over again. No, thanks. He seriously might be the luckiest QB in the NFL.

elevenism
12-13-2016, 04:25 PM

nah, that's insane.
bear in mind that damn near everyone i've ever met other than y'all is a person from dallas, and i have heard nary one motherfucker call for romo.
i know they said it on the news, but, just, no. no no NO.

Sarah K
12-13-2016, 07:49 PM
I am in an awesome suite at my first NHL game... I don't know the first thing about hockey!

Archive_Reports
12-13-2016, 08:02 PM
I am in an awesome suite at my first NHL game... I don't know the first thing about hockey!

Hockey is the best live sport. Have fun!

Sarah K
12-13-2016, 10:53 PM
I don't understand the rules!

I had a lot of fun, though!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BN-3cEvh_Cb/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BN-xSFxB6O9/

I had the biggest shrimp I've ever seen! They had all of this crazy food for free... Then I had a $16 beer. Haha.

I need to learn about hockey. I need another sport to care about besides football.

TheyCallMeDrug
12-13-2016, 11:02 PM

its soccer on ice with a lot more violence

Sarah K
12-13-2016, 11:39 PM

That's what I was telling my friend! I played soccer all growing up, and the rules I did understand remind me a lot of indoor soccer rules.

Dra508
12-14-2016, 12:05 AM

More diving in futbol.
Sarah K. Soooo jealous, but at least I kicked your arse in ETS FFS by one point .
Whooop whooop playoffs! Kid Charlemagne gets one more chance at trying to take me down.

Sarah K
12-18-2016, 05:51 PM
Nothing pleases me more than when the Bengals just melt the fuck down in the second half when they are playing the Steelers. It is beautiful every time.

thevoid99
12-18-2016, 05:56 PM
The Browns 0-14.... please God. Give them one game to win.

Archive_Reports
12-18-2016, 08:14 PM
Two things:

1 -That's the Kansas City I know.
2 - Who's Platipi Go amd why did they just get TROUNCED?

TheyCallMeDrug
12-18-2016, 08:58 PM
thats the way fantasy goes sometimes.

hoping to get into the finals!

Dra508
12-24-2016, 11:33 AM
Two things:

1 -That's the Kansas City I know.
2 - Who's Platipi Go amd why did they just get TROUNCED?

Good luck to The KC Chefs in the ETS FF finals. I think you'll pull out the upset.

I am looking to win the loser bracket.

thevoid99
12-24-2016, 04:44 PM
Cleveland finally.... won a game. Thank you Jamie Meder for blocking that field goal. 20-17 against the San Diego Chargers. Xmas came early for Cleveland.

Conan The Barbarian
12-24-2016, 05:16 PM
Dolphins are in the playoffs!!!!!!

RJK
12-24-2016, 07:30 PM
Dolphins are in the playoffs!!!!!!
Don't they need Denver to lose tomorrow to actually clinch a spot in the playoffs?

Conan The Barbarian
12-24-2016, 08:22 PM
Nope they just had to win today to keep that 6th seed

RJK
12-24-2016, 08:29 PM
Nope they just had to win today to keep that 6th seed
Oh I was going off this article http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18332981/nfl-playoff-scenarios-week-16-2016 that says they needed a Broncos loss as well as a win.

I used to live in Ft Lauderdale as a child so I have a soft spot for the Dolphins.

TheyCallMeDrug
12-24-2016, 10:26 PM
im lookin good for the ets fantasy championship!

TheyCallMeDrug
12-28-2016, 01:26 PM
won it! good year everyone, didnt think id come out by the end but i'll take it. i cant believe fantasy football is already over.

Archive_Reports
12-28-2016, 03:06 PM
won it! good year everyone, didnt think id come out by the end but i'll take it. i cant believe fantasy football is already over.

I appreciate the utter thrashing.

Fifey
12-28-2016, 04:19 PM
Congrats on the win!

I'm pretty happy with my 3rd place finish, given how streaky my team could be. Now on to the real playoffs and maybe an actual playoff game at home for the Lions!

Dra508
12-28-2016, 10:25 PM
I couldn't even win the loser bracket. Fuck you Andrew Luck!

thevoid99
12-31-2016, 01:18 AM
Ronda Rousey just got fucking destroyed in 48 seconds. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ronda-rousey-knocked-out-by-amanda-nunes-in-48-seconds-at-ufc-207-060115409.html

henryeatscereal
12-31-2016, 02:05 AM
Ronda Rousey just got fucking destroyed in 48 seconds. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ronda-rousey-knocked-out-by-amanda-nunes-in-48-seconds-at-ufc-207-060115409.html
She was on her way out anyway, i guess it's the WWE or/and Hoolywood next...

thevoid99
12-31-2016, 02:28 AM
So, should we add Ronda Rousey's MMA career into the Dead Souls thread?

elevenism
12-31-2016, 02:40 AM
So. NFL predictions?
If Dallas can avoid having to face the Giants, i think we win the NFC and possibly the big game itself.
Patriots are favored, but the Steelers could be in there too.
Normally i'm a NY fan because they are in our division and we HATE Washington and Philly. edit: and dallas doesn't usually win the division anymore, of course)
However, sorry NY, but this year, i really need you to lose that wildcard game.

I think i'm gonna go with what some of the odds are saying and pick Dallas and the Pats.
And even though we have no idea what a Dallas/NE matchup will look like, i'm picking Dallas to win by a field goal.
(i HAVE to pick dallas to win, i am a lifelong, long-suffering cowboys fan who has been waiting for them boys to return to their former glory-the glory they had when i was 13 to 16 years old, for TWENTY YEARS. I took it for granted.)

No matter what happens though, they have been a LOT of fun to watch this year, and as long as Jerry Jones doesn't do anythng monumentally stupid, we've got ourselves a ball team now and can likely look forward to several sucessful years from our breakout rookie stars.

Deepvoid
12-31-2016, 03:46 AM
So, should we add Ronda Rousey's MMA career into the Dead Souls thread?

She's done for sure. She just stood there and got lit up.

Archive_Reports
12-31-2016, 09:32 AM
Fuck you Andrew Luck!

This, always.

Jon
12-31-2016, 10:15 AM
She's done for sure. She just stood there and got lit up.

I showed my wife the video this morning, and even she was shouting, "Put your hands up!".

Deepvoid
12-31-2016, 11:17 AM
I showed my wife the video this morning, and even she was shouting, "Put your hands up!".

She needed to gor for the clinch at the bell. Ronda has no standup skilks. No wonder she avoided Cyborg like the plague.

Jon
12-31-2016, 11:46 AM
She needed to gor for the clinch at the bell. Ronda has no standup skilks. No wonder she avoided Cyborg like the plague.

Exactly. She looked like she was trying to play defensive/counterattack, which has never been her style up till this point ?

onthewall2983
12-31-2016, 03:21 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0_KWJ0UsAAwWl0.jpg

Archive_Reports
01-02-2017, 08:34 AM
Kansas City takes the two seed!

theimage13
01-08-2017, 09:39 AM
I love watching the NFL playoffs, and this weekend is off to a good start in that regard. I don't cheer for team that ever makes it, so it's a month of games where I get to just cheer for an interesting game regardless of who wins.

Except the Patriots. Fuck those guys.*

*by typing this I have all but guaranteed that they will win it all. Again. Fuckers.

Louie_Cypher
01-08-2017, 09:48 AM
more pat hate
-louie

Sarah K
01-08-2017, 11:35 AM
Those two games yesterday were terrible. Here's to hoping that today is better!

Sarah K
01-10-2017, 12:38 AM
GAH this title game. Nothing compares to college football to me. Nothing. Love the NFL, but it will never compare to college ball.

I love it when people don't understand football, so they dismiss it as "dumb". The intelligence required to play even at the college level is remarkable. Everything that has to be memorized, the split second decisions, reading coverage... So few are capable of it at an advanced level. Perhaps that is true of all high level team sports. I just do not know enough about the others to say that.

Sad to see the season be done, but what a way for it to go out.

Sarah K
01-10-2017, 12:54 AM
Scarbrough going down stalled the fuck out of Alabama's offense. Every time I watch Hurts play, I am blown away that he is a true freshman. Fucking 18 years old, man. Unreal. I'm sure they'll win one before they're both done.

I loved Swinney's comment after. Something to the effect of beating the best team in the country... up until the last second.

Kid Charlemagne
01-10-2017, 01:09 AM
Hold that tiger!!!!!

Archive_Reports
01-12-2017, 03:52 PM
Amazing article from GQ about a former high school players concussions and eventual suicide: http://www.gq.com/story/the-concussion-diaries-high-school-football-cte

I love watching football, but damn does the culture need to change. The bullshit about being "tough" and "not showing weakness" is ruining peoples lives and is eventually going to lead to someone dying on the field. (And all this says nothing of the sexual assaults and general "bro dude" attitude that seems so prevalent.)

thevoid99
01-22-2017, 08:23 PM
THE FALCONS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/20150831/5245271/big-e-dancing-o.gif

theimage13
01-22-2017, 08:40 PM
Amazing article from GQ about a former high school players concussions and eventual suicide: http://www.gq.com/story/the-concussion-diaries-high-school-football-cte

I love watching football, but damn does the culture need to change. The bullshit about being "tough" and "not showing weakness" is ruining peoples lives and is eventually going to lead to someone dying on the field. (And all this says nothing of the sexual assaults and general "bro dude" attitude that seems so prevalent.)

Players have died on the field before (it's very rare, but it's happened). Several others have died in the following days, be it directly from injuries, suicide, etc. I enjoy watching football a lot less now than I did a few years ago - it's starting to feel utterly pointless at the professional level. I'm all for a friendly game of two-hand touch at the park, but pro football seems like we're doing nothing more than offering massive financial incentive to put people at risk.

Sarah K
01-22-2017, 10:57 PM
For the first time ever, I got scammed when trying to buy tickets off of a scalper.

Dra508
01-23-2017, 08:49 AM
For the first time ever, I got scammed when trying to buy tickets off of a scalper.
Ouch, I'm sorry.

I'm thrilled that The Pats and Falcons are playing in the SB. Matt Ryan has tied to New England so Pat fans can't be complete dicks. :)

Archive_Reports
01-23-2017, 10:35 AM
I'm thrilled that The Pats and Falcons are playing in the SB. Matt Ryan has tied to New England so Pat fans can't be complete dicks. :)

I think you're underestimating Pats fans.

Sarah K
01-23-2017, 12:39 PM
So, apparently I didn't get scammed... They sent me my money back. I dunno what the fuck happened!

Still wish I could have been there. :(

Swykk
01-23-2017, 08:26 PM
Glad you at least got your money back.

ryanmcfly
01-25-2017, 05:50 PM
Going to make the trip down to Houston to tailgate for the game. Pretty excited. Hopefully New England wins or that drive home will be absolutely terrible.