PDA

View Full Version : The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12

Sebek
04-07-2015, 01:02 PM
Omfg with the hockey around here, yeah it's alright, and go rangers, but BASEBALL JUST STARTED!!! Even if your team is good or bad opening day is just a magical thing. It's like having a good book all summer, turn the page and another game is there every day. Mets 162-0, bring it!

Tums206_BFY
04-07-2015, 02:02 PM
Yeah love Baseball! Was at the M's Opening Day yesterday. King Felix killed it after giving that home run early to Trout. I think the M's could do somethings this year especially after missing the playoffs by 1 game last year despite a shitty last month and a half to the season. They just need the pitching to be consistent and get some hitting, Cruz should help in that department though he will not be anywhere near as good as lat year with the Orioles. Anyways Hope the M's do good this year 14 years without the playoffs has sucked but the AL west will be tough.

Nice game yesterday between Duke and Wisconsin.

october_midnight
04-07-2015, 02:04 PM
We're going to a few of the Mariners / Angels games in mid-July at Safeco...I hope that by that point the rivalry between the Mariners and Angels is at a fever pitch haha.

icecream
04-07-2015, 03:22 PM
Sharks officially eliminated. The last time they missed the playoffs I was 14. Officially rooting for the Islanders the rest of the way. And rooting for the Jets and Flames to make it so the Kings miss too.

Tonight's Pens/Sens is huge. A Pens win pushes the Sens tragic # to 2. A Sens win ties them in points with the Pens and Bruins (and possibly Red Wings depending on their game tonight), though Bruins would have game in hand and all 3 teams have ROW advantage over Sens. I like the Sens story, so I'm pulling for them. They pretty much need to win out and get some help, but the fact they are in this race is pretty incredible considering where they were 2 months ago.If the Kings lose in regulation then the Canucks clinch so I'll be happy. Doubtful, considering they are playing the Oilers tonight. But I thought I wouldn't need anymore motivation to root against the Kings but there it is! Glad the Canucks got the 2 points against them. Just wish it could have been in regulation.

The Pens/Sens would be fantastic to watch. Likely Ottawa misses the playoffs, which is a shame. Wish I could watch the games but they are all past 12 am over here.

Edit: Kings lost LOLOLOLOL So the Canucks are playoff bound. Ottawa won in OT. Perfect!

Dra508
04-07-2015, 06:18 PM
Sharks officially eliminated. The last time they missed the playoffs I was 14. Officially rooting for the Islanders the rest of the way. And rooting for the Jets and Flames to make it so the Kings miss too.

Tonight's Pens/Sens is huge. A Pens win pushes the Sens tragic # to 2. A Sens win ties them in points with the Pens and Bruins (and possibly Red Wings depending on their game tonight), though Bruins would have game in hand and all 3 teams have ROW advantage over Sens. I like the Sens story, so I'm pulling for them. They pretty much need to win out and get some help, but the fact they are in this race is pretty incredible considering where they were 2 months ago.You're dead to me. ;)

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-bergeron-56.png

blackholesun
04-08-2015, 02:26 AM
You're dead to me. ;)

You already have your cup! ;)

Edit: Kings lost LOLOLOLOL So the Canucks are playoff bound. Ottawa won in OT. Perfect!

Awesome! So Calgary and Winnipeg each need 2 points in the final 2 games to clinch, and that's only if Kings win out. Flames/Kings play tomorrow. If Flames win in regulation, Kings are done. Flames/Jets for final game of season too, so there's a possible 3 point game in there.

icecream
04-08-2015, 03:08 AM
So exciting! I love the last week of the season.

blackholesun
04-10-2015, 01:24 AM
Ding dong the Kings are dead!!! And the Sens control their playoff destiny after a huge Sens win against a resting Rangers team, coupled Bruins loss against the Panthers (sorry Dra!). So the West is pretty much set, though one of the Sens, Pens and Bruins have to go home early. I have a sneaking suspicion it might be the Penguins.

blackholesun
04-11-2015, 11:13 PM
Playoff matchups set! Who y'all got?

Blues over Wild in 7
Predators over Blackhawks in 7
Ducks over Jets in 5
Flames over Canucks in 6

Canadiens over Senators in 5
Lightning over Wings in 6
Rangers over Penguins in 4
Islanders over Capitals in 7

Some tough ones in there. I feel a little foolish picking against the Sens with the run they've had, but that gas has to run out at some point.

binaryhermit
04-12-2015, 12:00 AM
Playoff matchups set! Who y'all got?

Blues over Wild in 7
Predators over Blackhawks in 7
Ducks over Jets in 5
Flames over Canucks in 6

Canadiens over Senators in 5
Lightning over Wings in 6
Rangers over Penguins in 4
Islanders over Capitals in 7

Some tough ones in there. I feel a little foolish picking against the Sens with the run they've had, but that gas has to run out at some point.
I think the Blackhawks get swept. :(

Fifey
04-12-2015, 12:05 AM
Wild over Blues
Predators over Blackhawks
Ducks over Jets
Flames over Canucks
Sens over Habs
Wings over Lightning
Rangers over Penguins
Islanders over Capitals

Wild over Predators
Ducks over Flames
Wings over Sens
Rangers over Islanders

Ducks over Wild
Wings over Rangers

Wings over Ducks for the Cup

blackholesun
04-12-2015, 03:20 AM
I think the Blackhawks get swept. :(

I can't see that happening. I know Chicago is without Kane, but the Preds have been struggling lately and Chicago is still a formidable team. Chips on the table, I'm still taking Nashville, but their lack of center depth is going to prevent them from going far and they'll have to rely far too much on Rinne.

Dra508
04-13-2015, 01:57 AM
Ding dong the Kings are dead!!! And the Sens control their playoff destiny after a huge Sens win against a resting Rangers team, coupled Bruins loss against the Panthers (sorry Dra!). So the West is pretty much set, though one of the Sens, Pens and Bruins have to go home early. I have a sneaking suspicion it might be the Penguins.
Ugh, it hurts, but they just didn't have enough. Can't wait for the armchair analysis since Boston fans have nothing better to do then bitch about their teams,

I'm watching EPL now. I'd like to see Southhampton get into the top 4 , but I think that might be statistically impossible now.

icecream
04-13-2015, 06:27 AM
I predict a Anaheim vs Tampa Bay final.
West:
Wild in 6
Blackhawks in 6
Ducks in 5
Canucks in 7

East:
Canadians in 6
Lightning in 5
Rangers in 4
Capitals in 6

Deepvoid
04-13-2015, 09:46 AM
Yes!! It has arrived. NHL playoffs! I fucking love this time of the year.

I think Habs in 6 is about right. It won't be a walk in the park against Ottawa.
I agree with all your choice icecream except for the Canucks. Flames are going through in 6.

icecream
04-13-2015, 10:54 AM
Yes!! It has arrived. NHL playoffs! I fucking love this time of the year.

I think Habs in 6 is about right. It won't be a walk in the park against Ottawa.
I agree with all your choice icecream except for the Canucks. Flames are going through in 6.

The Habs have had a tough time against Ottawa this season. That will be a fun one to keep an eye on.

The Sedins play great against the Alberta teams. I think that can be enough to get the Canucks past them. Even if Miller doesn't start any of the games this series, Lack has been amazing. I said Canucks in 7, partially because of fan bias, but really it could go either way. I wouldn't be shocked if the Flames win it in 7.

dogsipod
04-14-2015, 08:54 AM
Isles all the way!!! Lets close out the barn with a cup bitches!!!

october_midnight
04-15-2015, 10:51 AM
Aaron Hernandez convicted of 1st degree murder; will be in prison for life. Shocking, I know.

In other news:

IT'S TIME.

http://s1.ticketm.net/tm/en-ca/dbimages/83476a.jpg

Dra508
04-15-2015, 02:13 PM
GM's in Boston and Toronto out. Wonder if they'll just swap jobs?

Jon
04-15-2015, 11:33 PM
Well, it wasn't pretty but go Blackhawks.

Deepvoid
04-16-2015, 06:24 AM
Anyone who watched the Habs game were in it for a treat! That was crazy intense!

Fifey
04-16-2015, 09:18 PM
Detroit vs. Everybody! Home ice advantage is now ours!

Deepvoid
04-20-2015, 07:54 AM
Tough loss for Ottawa last night. They really dominated the Habs during the first but they kinda ran out of breath at the end. As the game advanced, their play became sloppy.
Anderson played a solid game to keep their one-goal lead throughout, until Mr. Playoffs decided to take matter into his hands.
Down 0-3. Not sure Ottawa will come back from this one. I don't wanna jinx it though.

Jon
04-20-2015, 09:10 AM
I want to see more Scott Darling (pretty please).

blackholesun
04-20-2015, 11:14 AM
So the Oilers won the McDavid sweepstakes.

Edit: Aaaand McLellan out as Sharks coach. I kinda liked him, but I guess this means Doug Wilson is staying on as GM.

icecream
04-20-2015, 11:44 PM
Tough loss for Ottawa last night. They really dominated the Habs during the first but they kinda ran out of breath at the end. As the game advanced, their play became sloppy.
Anderson played a solid game to keep their one-goal lead throughout, until Mr. Playoffs decided to take matter into his hands.
Down 0-3. Not sure Ottawa will come back from this one. I don't wanna jinx it though.

The Ottawa/Habs and Anaheim/Winnipeg series have been way closer than the 3-0 series leads are suggesting. If anything, the Habs and Ducks should be worried about how close the games have been against teams that almost didn't make the playoffs.

blackholesun
04-20-2015, 11:48 PM
^^ Truth. The Habs have needed 2 OT victories and the Ducks have overcome three 3rd period deficits to win their games, which I read is an NHL record. Wouldn't be surprised to see both of these series go another game or 2 though. That Winnipeg crowd was insane.

Deepvoid
04-21-2015, 09:16 AM
Ottawa went full steam in the 1st and ran out of gas. Montreal took advantage of that. If our PP wasn't so bad, the game would not have been as close.
Where Price stood up to make the saves that counted, both Anderson and Hammond allowed questionable goals in OT.
Yes, it's a close series but everyone predicted that it would be like that against Ottawa. It was THE team most fans didn't want to face in the first round.
Ottawa has caused us some problems during the regular season so we should continue being worried even if it's 3-0.
With that being said, the only thing that matters in the playoffs is getting that W, no matter how you get there.

Now, the question is not if Ottawa can beat Montreal 4 times in a row. The real question is: Will Carey Price lose 4 games in a row?

Dra508
04-21-2015, 06:15 PM
Now, the question is not if Ottawa can beat Montreal 4 times in a row. The real question is: Will Carey Price lose 4 games in a row?

Real answer: no.

Zdeno Chara broke his ankle blocking a shot playing against The Maple Leafs. Not that him being healthy would have got The Bruins to the playoffs. Not Trading Johnny Boychuk would have helped.

Deepvoid
04-23-2015, 02:43 PM
Habs sucked last night! I mean they were bad.... really bad!
When your best scoring chance is a breakaway by Prust, you're in trouble.
We had issues with getting out of our zone, our passes and our PP.
Did I say how terrible we were?

Maybe they did it on purpose to win it at home ... more money for the Molson family.

Jon
04-23-2015, 10:41 PM
WTF Hawks...

Deepvoid
04-24-2015, 07:53 PM
Real answer: no.

So that's two in a row. Gotta admit, I'm a little bit worried. We need to figure out Anderson.

Fifey
04-25-2015, 09:11 PM
So, the Wings are up 3-2, with a chance to close out at home on Monday. I love it when we make the "experts" at ESPN look like idiots for writing us off.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDe260vUUAAgzp9.jpg

allegro
04-25-2015, 10:04 PM
WTF Hawks...

Hawks win!! Fuck you, Preds!!

Jon
04-25-2015, 10:10 PM
I stand by my previous post that I want to see more Scott Darling, but perhaps the playoffs aren't the best spot to go around messing with starting goaltenders. That being said, the Hawks squeaked by.

Really need to step it up regardless of if it's Minnesota or St. Louis next round.

Deepvoid
04-27-2015, 08:00 AM
The Price is Right!

I should've had more faith than that. The likelihood of Price stealing a game was so high. He picked the perfect one to do so.
De Larose owns Price one with that stupid penalty with 3 minutes to go.

On to the 2nd round!

Edit with a little prank on Price

https://youtu.be/HaWKcNRT1o0

Dra508
04-27-2015, 03:14 PM
a little prank on Price

:D
That's awesome and congratulations Ye-of-little-faith. I'm a Bruin fan so I can't wish you luck in the next round, but glad ya'll eliminated The Sens so....

Deepvoid
04-27-2015, 08:27 PM
:D
That's awesome and congratulations Ye-of-little-faith. I'm a Bruin fan so I can't wish you luck in the next round, but glad ya'll eliminated The Sens so....

Hopefully we get Detroit. It's not gonna get easier that's for sure.

elevenism
04-28-2015, 07:12 PM
Why aren't you people talking about the NBA playoffs.

My beloved mavericks...sigh.

fillow
04-29-2015, 03:22 AM
Now if anyone would ever mention Champions League here, that'd be a surprise

Dra508
04-29-2015, 10:55 AM

kick it off bud

Tums206_BFY
04-29-2015, 11:41 AM

Bayern vs Real in the final.

I don't see Juve being strong enough to take Real down but man is Pogba a good player. Bayern, imo is the best club in the world at the moment but Barcelona is right there behind them this should be the most interesting of the two semi's I think it could go either way.

thevoid99
04-29-2015, 04:04 PM
I've seen some great goals in my lifetime but.... man.... this is fucking epic... James Rodriguez is a fucking mega-star....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHo2JWzl21o

allegro
04-30-2015, 12:30 AM
Ugh Red Wings wtf

fillow
04-30-2015, 03:57 AM
I've seen some great goals in my lifetime but.... man.... this is fucking epic... James Rodriguez is a fucking mega-star....

He also did pretty much exactly the same goal at the World Cup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GESyL3MkgNU

Deepvoid
04-30-2015, 09:32 AM
So no more Red Wings. Habs against Bolts. Given the 5-0 record during the season, the Bolts are the favorites to win this series. Good that the pressure has shifted for Montreal.
Some forwards need to step up their games and Price will have to be in a Conn Smythe shape.

blackholesun
04-30-2015, 11:57 AM
Good first round. Read that 0 people had the correct bracket on NHL.com and out of 800,000 participants, only 17 people guessed all 8 teams to win their series. I got 5 lol.

Second round should be fun. Taking the Wild over the Hawks. Their first round dismantling of St. Louis was enough to convince me they are the team to beat in the West. They've got everything working for them right now. Taking the Ducks over the Flames. The Flames have been a great story, but I think this is where their magic runs out. They had a soft first round matchup against Vancouver, but I think the Ducks will be too much for them. Will be interesting to see if the Ducks have any rust.

Out East, taking the Lightning over the Habs. I picked the Bolts to make the finals, so I'm sticking to it. I think we see a 7 game series here. Bishop is shaky, but he looked good in game 6 and 7. I'm most excited to watch that series. Taking the Rangers over Caps. This is going to be another good series, I could see it going 7 games as well. I feel like it's much easier to choose the WC teams than the EC teams during this 2nd round. Should be fun.

Jon
04-30-2015, 11:02 PM
Will be interesting to see if the Ducks have any rust.

I feel like it's much easier to choose the WC teams than the EC teams during this 2nd round. Should be fun.

Ducks are killing! I don't forsee more than 5 games, personally.
---------------------------
Couldn't agree more about the EC. That Caps/Rangers game was fun!

thevoid99
05-02-2015, 11:54 PM
That was a boxing match? That was bullshit! Mayweather is a bitch. All he does is run around and shuffle while not taking any real hits and he's the champion? What a fucking joke. That wasn't a fight. That's sissy bullshit.

Piko
05-03-2015, 12:01 AM
100 bucks for that garbage? Fuck that shit!

Deepvoid
05-03-2015, 09:21 AM
That was quite the snoozefest indeed. Fight of the century my ass!

bruised
05-03-2015, 02:25 PM
Man, No F1 for 2 weeks is rough! Spanish GP next weekend though.

Deepvoid
05-04-2015, 10:44 AM
Today, no one can talk to me about hockey.
Not sure what's happening with the Habs aside from the fact that we can't score goals!
The two we netted came from D-men. Our forwards have completely lost the little ability they had to score goals.

Dra508
05-05-2015, 12:52 PM
Today, no one can talk to me about hockey.
Not sure what's happening with the Habs aside from the fact that we can't score goals!
The two we netted came from D-men. Our forwards have completely lost the little ability they had to score goals.OK, I didn't talk to you yesterday.

Poor Hab fan, pat pat pat. :D

Deepvoid
05-05-2015, 01:50 PM
OK, I didn't talk to you yesterday.

Poor Hab fan, pat pat pat. :D

Ha .. Ha! :)
I do feel a bit better.

Couple things Therrien needs to do. First off, dress Gonchar. The guy has valuable playoffs experience and could be an asset on the PP.
No need to give him 20 minutes of ice time. PP and a few shifts here and there during the game. That's it.

Then, Therrien needs to put Pacioretty/Plekanec/Galchenyuk line together. As much as I love Weiss, he doesn't belong on the first line. Neither does Desharnais.

It's only 0-2.Nothing is impossible but Price cannot win a cup by himself. We need to score some freaking goals!

Dra508
05-05-2015, 05:56 PM
Ha .. Ha! :)
I do feel a bit better.

First off, dress Gonchar. The guy has valuable playoffs experience and could be an asset on the PP.
No need to give him 20 minutes of ice time. PP and a few shifts here and there during the game. That's it.

Former Bruin. You're welcome. :D

If I haven't mention before, I recently got into speed watching EPL futbol. I have a top 10 list of the best player hair. Beyond that, I'm still learning. Southampton is my underdog team and I don't like Chelsea.

And I laugh hard at Men in Blazers.

Tums206_BFY
05-06-2015, 05:37 PM
Messi embarrassed Jérôme Boateng and Bayern today in Barcelona's 3-0 home victory over Bayern in the first leg of the Champions League Semi's. That second goal my goodness! Boateng's ankles were broken like when Stephen Curry broke Chris Paul's ankles.

Rubeninphoenix
05-06-2015, 07:59 PM
That 2nd Messi goal was incredible. It's gonna take a lot for Bayern to pull off a comeback like the one they did in the previous round (which I don't see them doing even if the next game is at the Allianz Arena).

decadent
05-07-2015, 07:11 AM
Messi is the greatest ever. There is no doubt about that. We are lucky to be able to watch him week in week out.

I dont think that Bayern have a chance to bounce back. They will throw everything forward and get a goal in a counter-attack. And that would be enought to crush them.

Deepvoid
05-07-2015, 07:42 AM
I'm still in shock over that goal at 1 second. God damn!

blackholesun
05-07-2015, 12:56 PM
Heh shock...get it??? You had a feeling that goal was coming too. The Lightning looked scary good during the last 5 minutes.

Jon
05-08-2015, 09:08 AM
I believe I'll dust my broom...

-----------------------------

Habs looked solid last night, Deepvoid.

Deepvoid
05-08-2015, 11:15 AM
They live to see another day.
The fact that they won in that fashion and not 2-1 or 1-0 is certainly a confidence boost.

Hopefully, the Bell Centre ghosts will be out in full force tomorrow.
One game at a time but we all know which game is the hardest. Not #5 ... definitely #6.
But we have to get there first.

Deepvoid
05-11-2015, 10:01 AM
Game 5 is in the bank.
Doubt has been planted in Tampa Bay's mind. That's for sure.
Habs are trying to become the 5th team in NHL history to come back from 0-3.
I strongly believe that if we beat Tampa tomorrow, there's no way we're losing Game 7 in Montreal.

Series is turning out to be a lot more exciting than I thought.

Sarah K
05-12-2015, 12:24 PM
My mind is blown that Brady is actually receiving a punishment.

Tums206_BFY
05-13-2015, 06:53 PM
The Old Lady held on to go through to the Champions League Final vs Barcelona. Big ups to them I didn't think they could pull it off but they did. Buffon and Pirlo have another chance at glory.

fillow
05-14-2015, 03:10 AM
Can't wait for the final
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/75817000/jpg/_75817074_09efb4ea-8ad6-48c6-8617-f4fd5d232893.jpg

Jon
05-30-2015, 10:05 PM
Yes, sir.

http://www.gq.com/blogs/the-feed/2014/03/03/05-BILL-MURRAY-CLAPPING.gif

allegro
05-30-2015, 11:07 PM
http://nhl.frgimages.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=%2fproductImages%2f_2139000%2fff_2139 048_xl.jpg&w=400

Pillfred
05-30-2015, 11:30 PM
http://nhl.frgimages.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=%2fproductImages%2f_2139000%2fff_2139 048_xl.jpg&w=400
So much this!!!

icecream
05-31-2015, 11:12 AM
So glad Kesler doesn't get to play in the SCF this season.

allegro
05-31-2015, 11:26 AM
So glad Kesler doesn't get to play in the SCF this season.

Amen to that!!

Dra508
05-31-2015, 12:14 PM
Amen to that!!

Really? But he's a native of Michigan?

allegro
05-31-2015, 01:53 PM
Really? But he's a native of Michigan?

I don't fucking care, he's a dick.

Plus ...

"Despite growing up in Michigan, he was a Minnesota North Stars fan"

Your Honor, I rest my case.

blackholesun
06-01-2015, 01:53 PM
Temporary Bolts fan.

Dra508
06-01-2015, 02:29 PM
I don't fucking care, he's a dick.

Plus ...

"Despite growing up in Michigan, he was a Minnesota North Stars fan"

Your Honor, I rest my case.

Clearly, I haven't paid any attention to west coast hockey. Is he hated like The Little Ball of Hat Brad Marchand?

Currently for me three things:

1. Also a temp Bolt fan- :)
2. The Texas ECHL team for The Sharks is in the finals of that league. The Allen Americans so I'm now paying attention to D league hockey :/
3. Waiting for the EPL schedule for '15-16 to come out. Going to be in England in November and have a chance at good seats for a Man City match if they play home when I'm there.

allegro
06-01-2015, 02:41 PM
I'm sorry, but "Florida Hockey" is an oxymoron.

Rubeninphoenix
06-05-2015, 10:33 PM
Champions League Final tomorrow: Juventus vs Barcelona, who's taking it home?

allegro
06-06-2015, 06:12 PM
TRIPLE CROWN WINNER AGAIN FINALLY YAY!!!!!!

AMERICAN PHAROAH, omg that horse is fucking amazing.

Now GO HAWKS.

Baphomette
06-06-2015, 06:21 PM
TRIPLE CROWN WINNER AGAIN FINALLY YAY!!!!!!

AMERICAN PHAROAH, omg that horse is fucking amazing.

'Member how we both swore never to watch horse racing again after Eight Belles? Yeah, I cheated, too. :)

¡ÓRALE AMERICAN PHAROAH!

allegro
06-06-2015, 06:24 PM
'Member how we both swore never to watch horse racing again after Eight Belles? Yeah, I cheated, too. :)

¡ÓRALE AMERICAN PHAROAH!

Yeah, RIP Eight Belles (ugh that was awful, my mom is still boycotting) but I caught the beginning of the Derby and was GLUED and said HOLY SHIT this horse is something else, then in the RAIN and mud at the PREAKNESS?? Holy shit. He was nearly 3 seconds short of Secretariat's time at Belmont.

Dra508
06-06-2015, 06:35 PM
Those horses are just so beautiful. New York Times had an article this week about the companion animals these beauties have- pigs and goats.

marodi
06-06-2015, 06:37 PM
I watched too. It was an awesome race; I was cheering out loud like a crazy person (which I am) who had a lot of money invested in this race (which I hadn't).

He truly is a fantastic horse but how can he not be when he has both Secretariat and Man o' War in his pedigree? It's not a guarantee of greatness but it helps a little.

Exciting for sure! All that was missing was the sense of awe everyone who has watched Secretariat win the same race back in 73 experienced. I don't think we'll ever see a horse again who, mid-race, said "fuck you bitches, I have better things to do today. See you at the finish line!"

allegro
06-06-2015, 06:42 PM
Did you see Penny Chenery (Secretariat's owner) was there? She's 93.

I was yelling so loud, I think you could hear me a block away lol. "Come on, baby, come on, baby, woooooooooooooooo."

Dra508
06-06-2015, 06:44 PM
No love for Affirmed?

allegro
06-06-2015, 06:46 PM
No love for Affirmed?

Oh yeah I loved Affirmed back then, too, and Seattle Slew.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDWwhvVi29Y

But NOBODY touches Secretariat.
https://youtu.be/vfCMtaNiMDM

marodi
06-06-2015, 06:47 PM
No love for Affirmed?

Of course there's a lot of love for Affirmed! There's love for each and everyone of the 12 horses who are Triple Crown winners. It's an outstanding accomplishment!
allegro I did see her; she looks great still! What a woman she is.

"He is moving like a TREMENDOUS MACHINE!"

icecream
06-06-2015, 06:50 PM
Have 25$ on the Bolts winning. Always pick the underdog!

allegro
06-06-2015, 07:03 PM
Of course there's a lot of love for Affirmed! There's love for each and everyone of the 12 horses who are Triple Crown winners. It's an outstanding accomplishment!
allegro I did see her; she looks great still! What a woman she is.

"He is moving like a TREMENDOUS MACHINE!"
Secretariat's grave is on a private horse farm but I sure wish I could visit it.
It's on TripAdvisor! http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g39728-d2101998-i97230940-The_Guesthouse_at_Rosecrest_Farm-Paris_Kentucky.html

Piko
06-07-2015, 09:56 PM
These teams just won't back down.

Jon
06-09-2015, 01:09 AM
Perhaps it's the Chicago sports fan in me, but I'm not feeling great about the Blackhawks chances. So far this postseason, they've put in more acceptable performances than "good" ones.

EndlessLoveless
06-09-2015, 07:49 AM
The blackhawks need to step the fuck up.

Dra508
06-09-2015, 12:07 PM
But NOBODY touches Secretariat.

Seriously, no one.

http://on.wsj.com/1T803p2

allegro
06-09-2015, 12:46 PM
Seriously, no one.

http://on.wsj.com/1T803p2
heh, that's hilarious.

American Pharoah is a great horse, but his finish time is actually 6th best at Belmont. (Still pretty great for never having run a mile-and-a-half track, before, in his career.)

Secretariat, of course, still holds the record at Belmont for the 1 1/2 mile track. Nobody beats Big Red.

Fastest Belmont Stakes Times

Horse | Time | Year

1. Secretariat | 2:24.00 | 1973

2. Easy Goer | 2:26.00 | 1989

3. A.P. Indy | 2:26.13 | 1992

4. Risen Star | 2:26.40 | 1988

5. Gallant Man | 2:26.60 | 1957

6. American Pharoah | 2:26.65 | 2015

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CG3S1T7UcAAsxL2.jpg
Winning Jockey (and overall awesome dude) Victor Espinoza planting a great big kiss on American Pharoah after winning the Triple Crown.

Also, THIS IS AN AWESOME VIDEO (http://www.today.com/news/american-pharoahs-jockey-trainer-triple-crown-win-t24931) (takes a few seconds to load, be patient).

allegro
06-09-2015, 12:49 PM
Perhaps it's the Chicago sports fan in me, but I'm not feeling great about the Blackhawks chances. So far this postseason, they've put in more acceptable performances than "good" ones.

The Bolts are young, fast, and TALL, Jesus Christ. But, it ain't over 'til it's over. I'm prepared for Game 7.

edit: well, not really, this series is gonna give me a fucking stroke.

Dra508
06-09-2015, 05:18 PM
Also, THIS IS AN AWESOME VIDEO (http://www.today.com/news/american-pharoahs-jockey-trainer-triple-crown-win-t24931) (takes a few seconds to load, be patient).
That horse is so beautiful. I mean really, it's face is so perfect. I love how he was looking to eat the chair. Hilarious. Thanks for the share. I stopped watching morning shows a couple of years ago. George Stephanolopous talking about The Kardashians made me feel like the world was going to come to the end soon. Fuck that website- that load was slow.

Sallos
06-09-2015, 06:07 PM
Champions League Final tomorrow: Juventus vs Barcelona, who's taking it home?

that was a rhetorical question right?

this one is.

thevoid99
06-15-2015, 09:56 PM
The Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup.... I guess this means that Hulk Hogan will now have to kiss CM Punk's ass!!!

allegro
06-15-2015, 10:03 PM
Woooooooo STANLEY CUP AGAIN woooooooo yeahhhhhh

Now where the fuck is the Cup? Usually, they bring it into the building a few minutes before it looks like it's gonna be the end of the game.

edit: Ahhhhhhh, here it is!!! :-)

Dra508
06-16-2015, 06:39 PM

Now where the fuck is the Cup? Usually, they bring it into the building a few minutes before it looks like it's gonna be the end of the game.

edit: Ahhhhhhh, here it is!!! :-)Congratulations. The Black Hawks are just so fast. Duncan Keith is great. Yeah yeah Kane and Toews too.

The Bolts just didn't have anything left in the tank, too many injuries. Bishop probably has a concussion or something.

I heard what LeBron James has to do all day to recover and I actually feel a bit bad for the dude. Naaah, Warriors better win this thing. I don't watch much basketball, but that Steph Curry has dancing feet.

allegro
06-16-2015, 06:47 PM
Congratulations. Bishop probably has a concussion or something
Thanks!

Bishop had a TORN GROIN!

thevoid99
06-16-2015, 11:12 PM
The Warriors just beat the Cavaliers... Seth Rollins was right. Lebron couldn't give Cleveland a championship.

Dr Channard
06-17-2015, 12:04 AM
The Warriors just beat the Cavaliers... Seth Rollins was right. Lebron couldn't give Cleveland a championship.

Cleveland never had any legitimate chance to win this series. That was clear before it even began, no crystal ball was needed to call that, just common sense. I’m impressed that they somehow won two. It was painful to even watch these games knowing just how screwed Cleveland’s situation was going into the finals.

The Cavaliers team will be back next season, and hopefully healthy all year. Their offense when healthy will be adequate, but their defense needs to improve vastly, maybe play more physical and pissed, like the late 80’s Pistons. Laimbeer, Mahorn, Rodman, those guys were enforcers, not afraid to lay the lumber and intimidate. Cleveland plays soft-d and just seems lost or uninterested for long stretches.

Tums206_BFY
06-17-2015, 12:36 PM

Lol that Seth Rollins Promo was hilarious....

Anyways The Warriors were the best team in the NBA from start to finish. Lebron was able to will the Cavs to two wins but they stood no chance without someone else contributing, which didn't happen after those games.

Iguodala was awesome during the series glad he got the MVP would have been a crime imo if another Warrior/Curry got it. The Warriors have a bright future if the can keep it together, so do the Cavs in the East especially if they can retool some of their bench (or lack of).

blackholesun
06-17-2015, 01:08 PM
Congrats to the Hawks...once again! Seriously, what an amazing turnaround that franchise has had. 10 years ago they were equivalent to what the Oilers have been for the last few years....the laughing stock of the league. Now if only the Sharks can get their shit together. Especially happy for Kimmo. Injuries did the Bolts in. All but 1 game was decided by 1 goal.

Yet another Bay Area team I don't care about wins a championship. My friends have it so easy. Perhaps I'm a sadist for only being a Sharks/A's fan.

allegro
06-17-2015, 04:32 PM
Congrats to the Hawks...once again! Seriously, what an amazing turnaround that franchise has had.
We had to wait until Old Man Wirtz died and his son Rocky took over. While the old man was alive, home games were forbidden from being televised in Chicago so you had entire generations of Chicagoans who didn't know shit about hockey. The old man made terrible team decisions (or was talked into terrible team decisions by his terrible management) and cared more about liquor distribution than about hockey (the family owns the Wirtz Beverage Group (http://www.wirtzbeveragegroup.com/news.asp), and they own a huge chunk of Judge & Dolph, Ltd, and the Wirtzes control more than a third of liquor and beer distribution in Illinois). Rocky still does that, but he actually gives a shit about the Hawks. Chicago hockey fans fucking LOVE Rocky, they seem him in restaurants and on the street and mob him, he's like a rock star now (http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20150616/OPINION/150619845/in-praise-of-rocky-wirtz). He hired the legendary Scotty Bowman as a consultant, which was his smartest move, and hired Stan Bowman as VP and General Manager.

We had partial season Hawks tickets back in around 2002, and we couldn't even give them away when we couldn't go. Back when Old Man Wirtz' shitty management team signed Theo Fleury for 8.5 MILLION DOLLARS so long as he kept his nose clean, but he kept getting caught doing drugs with strippers. Now, Fleury says he was trying to kill himself (http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/Theo-Fleury-on-his-Blackhawk-days--Screw-This-83844507.html). But, just another bad investment by the Old Man "Dollar Bill" Wirtz when he was too busy with the liquor company. Ugh.

The Cubs were bought by the Ricketts family, a rich family THAT ACTUALLY LOVES THE CUBS (vs. some big corporation like the Tribune or Wrigley) and geez, look at the Cubs this year!

Dra508
06-17-2015, 04:51 PM
Thanks!

Bishop had a TORN GROIN!

Ouch. I don't know why didn't play the Russian kid.... Oh well. Can we get on with summer already?

allegro
06-17-2015, 05:00 PM
Ouch. I don't know why didn't play the Russian kid.... Oh well. Can we get on with summer already?

They DID play the Russian kid, twice in one game! The team said they had to listen to the PA to figure out who the goalie was, LOL, because Cooper kept pulling out Bishop and putting in Vasilevskiy, then taking Vasilevskiy out, then putting him back in ... This was for GAME 4 (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-brandon-saad-saves-blackhawks-haugh-spt-0611-haugh-20150610-column.html)

We're still so wound up from hockey, now we're glued to the "Where's the Cup" app. We went downtown for the parade in 2010 and saw the Cup, so we're not doing that again tomorrow.

Here's video I took from that parade (about 1/2 block from my office at the time):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g8_GHpGRNc

Jon
06-22-2015, 12:20 AM

edit: Ahhhhhhh, here it is!!! :-)

Way late to the party, but I'm doing a victory dance with you. Shh, we'll pretend it just happened...

Kid Charlemagne
06-26-2015, 12:15 PM
NBA Draft kind of sucked.

blackholesun
06-28-2015, 12:59 AM
NHL draft kind of happened.

The new Crosby is with the Oilers. I actually think they've finally righted the ship the last 3 months, hiring the Bruins former GM and Sharks former coach. There is still a massive issue with defense and bottom 6 depth, but they do have some good D prospects.

Wtf Bruins. Sorry Dra. The Bruins had an interesting weekend. Trading Hamilton was a huge mistake. They didn't get all that much for him and he is only going to get better. The Lucic trade was a fleecing of the Kings though. Apparently people didn't like the picks the Bruins made at 13,14,15. We'll see. But yeah, Bruins still have the pieces to competitive, but man do they make some confusing personnel decisions at times.

The Sharks had a good weekend as far as I'm concerned. They didn't trade for Kevin Bieksa which almost happened and would have sucked. They went for the safe pick at 9, but went boom or bust by trading up for 31. Traded Niemi to Dallas. The clear issue coming into next year is goalie. The FA names aren't that appealing. The big trade names are all gone. There is no way the Sharks go with what they currently have, Stalock and Grosenick, would be a disaster. I have an ugly feeling in my stomach that they will trade for someone like Smith, Crawford or Ward...ugh.

Dra508
06-28-2015, 06:22 PM
Wtf Bruins. Sorry Dra. The Bruins had an interesting weekend. Trading Hamilton was a huge mistake. They didn't get all that much for him and he is only going to get better. The Lucic trade was a fleecing of the Kings though. Apparently people didn't like the picks the Bruins made at 13,14,15. We'll see. But yeah, Bruins still have the pieces to competitive, but man do they make some confusing personnel decisions at times. .I know I know. Don Sweeney, the new GM, and Cam Neeley must be really trying to shake shit up. I'm going to miss saying "Dougie Hamilton" :( Hey, Bergie won the Selke (finally) so there is one thing to celebrate from this crap season.

Kid Charlemagne
07-01-2015, 05:47 PM
Guys and gals, it's July, know what that means?

TRAINING CAMP IS AROUND THE CORNER!!!!!

That being said, I'd like to get a head count of anyone wanting to be in this year's Fantasy Football League. If you PM me your e-mail, I'll be more than happy to send some invites this weekend and get the ball rolling.

Dra508
07-01-2015, 10:00 PM
Guys and gals, it's July, know what that means?

TRAINING CAMP IS AROUND THE CORNER!!!!!

That being said, I'd like to get a head count of anyone wanting to be in this year's Fantasy Football League. If you PM me your e-mail, I'll be more than happy to send some invites this weekend and get the ball rolling.

Oh yeah, because I want to beat all ya'lls arses! I need a new team name though.

elevenism
07-02-2015, 02:41 AM
did you guys see that poor british girl score that own goal with like 60 seconds on the clock?

I feel SOOOOOO bad for her. She is going to be fucked up about that for the rest of her life and it will be a miracle if she doesn't kill herself.

Aside from that though, USA! USA!

We have to win with a gk named Hope Solo. That shit is straight star wars.

onthewall2983
07-13-2015, 07:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcwJt4bcnXs

icecream
07-25-2015, 07:05 PM
Really like the Semin deal with MTL. Low risk, high reward. I hope he can at least hit 25 goals again.

blackholesun
07-28-2015, 12:27 AM
He's so talented. I think coaches need to get it in their heads that he's an offensive weapon and at this point he won't be a two way or shutdown type of player. I really feel like that is where Washington and Carolina failed him. He would be a great fit for the Habs, but Michel Therrien seems to be the type of coach that would easily doghouse him. He'll easily hit 25+ with PP time and regular 1st/2nd line action, but if he gets that remains tbd.

Tums206_BFY
07-28-2015, 11:54 AM
Finally got into the Fantasy football league.... hopefully we can get at least 3 more people

Piko
07-28-2015, 02:24 PM
Think I'm taking a break from fantasy this year. Did horrendous last year.

Sarah K
07-28-2015, 02:32 PM
I WANNA PLAY.

I've never actually done it. I've always meant to, and then never got around to it. I have no idea what I'm doing... So at least everyone will go in knowing that they will beat me.

Dra508
07-28-2015, 05:39 PM
I WANNA PLAY.

I've never actually done it. I've always meant to, and then never got around to it. I have no idea what I'm doing... So at least everyone will go in knowing that they will beat me.

Yeah! moar girls!!

Sign her up Kid Charlemagne

icecream
07-28-2015, 06:22 PM
He's so talented. I think coaches need to get it in their heads that he's an offensive weapon and at this point he won't be a two way or shutdown type of player. I really feel like that is where Washington and Carolina failed him. He would be a great fit for the Habs, but Michel Therrien seems to be the type of coach that would easily doghouse him. He'll easily hit 25+ with PP time and regular 1st/2nd line action, but if he gets that remains tbd.

I agree that Semin making Therrien happy is a huge obstical for his success. Semin has amazing offensive talent, but I don't know if he is the kind of player the coach will use properly.

Rubeninphoenix
07-28-2015, 07:25 PM
Wait, we have an ETS fantasy football league? I want in on that.

richardp
07-29-2015, 11:56 AM
http://i.imgur.com/YjvmEk5.gif

I love that my dudes can do shit like this, and yet, there's still so many haters out there that refuse to believe that the Royals are the best team in Baseball right now.

Kid Charlemagne
07-31-2015, 12:00 AM
Send me a reminder on Wednesday you homies who want to play FF. I'm on vacation from now till then and then I'll get yall signed up!

Kid Charlemagne
07-31-2015, 12:01 AM

I love that my dudes can do shit like this, and yet, there's still so many haters out there that refuse to believe that the Royals are the best team in Baseball right now.
You know I love you and the Royals equally, but the Astros play baseball so good this season that it gets my dick hard. No hyperbole.

thevoid99
07-31-2015, 01:57 PM

Now that is the kind of shit that I live for.

Tums206_BFY
07-31-2015, 02:28 PM
The Astro's are the most surprising team this season big ups to them. The Royals and Cardinals are the two best teams in baseball mad respect for the Royals though, all that building they did is finally paying off. No hate from me on any of those teams.

In other news Russell Wilson is locked up for a few more years with the Hawks!!!! Haters gonna hate on him but he is awesome and does more than is given credit for. Glad he will be on the team for a few more years, the guy is a winner!

Kid Charlemagne
08-09-2015, 06:41 PM
So I have the draft for Fantasy Football set up for September 6th at 6 PM CST. Let me know if you all are good with this. I'd still like at least two more people to join, so if you want to join, please let me know!

Conan The Barbarian
08-09-2015, 07:46 PM
Money involved or free?

Kid Charlemagne
08-09-2015, 08:11 PM
Free!!!!!!

Conan The Barbarian
08-09-2015, 09:13 PM
Count me in

Sarah K
08-10-2015, 02:22 PM
Suisham will have surgery this week... So he'll be out for the season, and they're looking for a new kicker.

Jesus.

Conan The Barbarian
08-11-2015, 01:13 PM
Signed up. Football is almost here!!!!

allegro
08-11-2015, 08:22 PM
This is awesome
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.csnchicago.com/blackhawks/watch-blackhawks-kris-versteegs-remarkable-interpretive-dance-sias-chandelier&ved=0CB0QqQIwAGoVChMI9Y_GhbCixwIVRA2SCh0vfg8v&usg=AFQjCNG6qmgIx03UBQG9guh5RxmUk4hHgQ&sig2=I5-GJTz_tA4oHF7THnMowQ

blackholesun
08-12-2015, 01:41 PM
This is awesome
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.csnchicago.com/blackhawks/watch-blackhawks-kris-versteegs-remarkable-interpretive-dance-sias-chandelier&ved=0CB0QqQIwAGoVChMI9Y_GhbCixwIVRA2SCh0vfg8v&usg=AFQjCNG6qmgIx03UBQG9guh5RxmUk4hHgQ&sig2=I5-GJTz_tA4oHF7THnMowQ

Amazing.

Really cool that Devin Setoguchi got sober earlier this year. Sounds like the Leafs are going to sign him.

Sarah K
08-13-2015, 11:54 PM
http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2013/08/the-small-intense-unfairly-exclusive-world-of-football-placekickers/278908/

I found this pretty interesting. It covers a lot of information that I've honestly never thought about, and answers a couple of things that I have pondered.

It basically states that being a competitive kicker relies on the money spent, and willingness to learn. While many positions on the field require a great deal of natural ability, kicking can be taught. Now of course there are going to be advantages with a certain build and/or athleticism.

Training and exposure cost money -- and thus, specialists have the ability to turn spending power rather than talent into athletic opportunities, arguably more so than any other athletes in any other major sports.

This fact may have something to do with another, separate phenomenon: Though it's dangerous to conflate race with wealth, it's unmistakably obvious that kickers, as a group, are overwhelmingly white. Justin Medlock of the Carolina Panthers was the first African-American NFL placekicker since the 1960s. Reggie Hodges, who punted for the Browns last season, is one of only four black punters in league history, including the late seven-time All-Pro Reggie Roby. Meanwhile, the NFL as a whole is over two-thirds black. This monochromatic tendency even extends to historically black colleges, where white specialists often stick out in team photos.

Dra508
08-18-2015, 06:22 PM
Free!!!!!!

I changed my team name. I should be live for the draft.

Kid Charlemagne
08-18-2015, 08:58 PM
Still in need of one last person for Fantasy Football, let me know if you're interested!

TheyCallMeDrug
08-18-2015, 09:04 PM
Still in need of one last person for Fantasy Football, let me know if you're interested!

no invite to the person who placed 2nd last year?!?!?!?!?

sign me up motherfuckers

Kid Charlemagne
08-19-2015, 09:04 PM
no invite to the person who placed 2nd last year?!?!?!?!?

sign me up motherfuckers
Really? I sent invites to everyone in the league from last year. PM Sent!

Piko
08-19-2015, 09:13 PM
If you still need one, I'll play. Figured I'd take a break this year considering how badly I flopped last year. But if there's still an opening, I'll give it a go.

Sarah K
08-20-2015, 08:32 AM
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ex-nfl-qb-erik-kramer-wounded-apparent-suicide-attempt-sources-n412831?cid=sm_fb

Erik Kramer tried to kill himself. :/

Dra508
08-20-2015, 01:16 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ex-nfl-qb-erik-kramer-wounded-apparent-suicide-attempt-sources-n412831?cid=sm_fb

Erik Kramer tried to kill himself. :/Wife blaming it on too many blows to the head. Very interesting.

Sarah K
08-21-2015, 09:21 PM
I just realized that I'm going to be camping during our draft!

Dra508
08-23-2015, 11:40 PM
I just realized that I'm going to be camping during our draft!

Auto draft. That's seems to have worked for a lot of folk in the past.

Tums206_BFY
08-24-2015, 05:39 PM
I don't think it works on the App if you use your phone at least not from what I have seen, but I think if you on yahoo on the web you can select a pool of players which the comp will pick from during auto draft or at least it used to be that way I remember doing it one year. That way despite of Auto drafting and being at the mercy of random picks and selecting two kickers it will at least make a selection based on the players in that pool. Worth checking it out, hopefully that is still around.

Sarah K
08-25-2015, 10:49 AM
Alrighty. I'll check it out and try to set it up for autodraft.

Vick is meeting with the Steelers today, because Grandkowski is going to need surgery on his finger. NOPENOPENOPE

Sarah K
08-26-2015, 02:17 AM
Aaaaaaaand Vick is signed to a one year deal. :/

As a person who strongly believes in second chances after someone has done their time, I'm facing a very frustrating internal struggle over this whole situation.

Dra508
08-26-2015, 05:15 PM
Aaaaaaaand Vick is signed to a one year deal. :/

As a person who strongly believes in second chances after someone has done their time, I'm facing a very frustrating internal struggle over this whole situation.Not to diminish what Vick did, he did serve his time, paid his debt to society and appears to have done only to improve as a member of our society.

october_midnight
09-03-2015, 09:25 AM
Tom Brady: 1
Your joke of a legal system: 0

Sarah K
09-03-2015, 09:27 AM
In news that should shock absolutely nobody...

Dra508
09-03-2015, 01:19 PM
You know, I've tried to stay out of the Tom Brady discussion, but I was hearing today how the judge came to this decision and it sounds like Brady definitely paid well for his lawyers. The narrowness (?) of the decision came down to "Brady was not treated fairly and could not be suspended for deflating footballs because he was not aware such misconduct could lead to the kind of punishment he received". Apparently the punishment was the same as taking PIDs which apparently all football players know that's a 4 game suspension.

I'm going to find tickets to The Cowboy v. Pats game now... :D

TheyCallMeDrug
09-04-2015, 05:38 PM
do we have a draft order for sundays ets draft?

Dra508
09-05-2015, 11:54 AM
do we have a draft order for sundays ets draft?

Bribe the commish Kid Charlemagne to get a good spot

Kid Charlemagne
09-05-2015, 01:51 PM
Draft order will be randomized about 30 minutes before the draft.

TheyCallMeDrug
09-06-2015, 10:17 PM
i need a WR bad.

Conan The Barbarian
09-06-2015, 11:08 PM
Shit, with recent events here at home I totally forgot about the draft.

Edit: just saw my auto picks. Not bad, but not great.

Kid Charlemagne
09-07-2015, 11:51 AM
i need a WR bad.
Who are your running backs? I got a slew of good WR's, but not a good RB.

TheyCallMeDrug
09-07-2015, 01:37 PM
Who are your running backs? I got a slew of good WR's, but not a good RB.

my RB's are stacked. bell, anderson, mccoy, blount

what team are you?

Kid Charlemagne
09-07-2015, 07:00 PM
my RB's are stacked. bell, anderson, mccoy, blount

what team are you?
I'm Gronkey Punch.

TheyCallMeDrug
09-11-2015, 11:38 AM
angry tom brady is unstoppable

Conan The Barbarian
09-11-2015, 11:43 AM
Gronk has killed any chances of me winning this week. I hope payton gets 500 and 4 td's.

Sarah K
09-11-2015, 11:45 AM
I expected the Steelers to get their asses handed to them. And they really didn't... I'll take that loss. It was a good game.

TheyCallMeDrug
09-11-2015, 11:22 PM
LETS GO METS.

100% chance im going to a post season game at citi if they make it. once in a lifetime opportunity with these guys.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-12-2015, 01:37 AM
LETS GO METS.

100% chance im going to a post season game at citi if they make it. once in a lifetime opportunity with these guys.

I have always been a Yankees fan, but I still root for the Mets, especially when they're playing good. Would be nice to see them in the postseason this year.

TheyCallMeDrug
09-12-2015, 09:22 PM
I have always been a Yankees fan, but I still root for the Mets, especially when they're playing good. Would be nice to see them in the postseason this year.

just grabbed NLDS tix through stubhub. hopefully get NLCS tix too if it comes to that.

Sebek
09-13-2015, 01:32 AM
Oh man they're playing so good, I'm psyched! 9.5 game lead in the division! The only thing that's scary is being matched up with the Dodgers in a best of 5 series and running into a Greinke-Kershaw buzzsaw.

Rubeninphoenix
09-13-2015, 02:27 AM
I went to my first college football game tonight: Arizona State vs Cal Poly. I dunno what to say about the play on the field other than ASU was fortunate to score the two late touchdowns to pull away and it was a bit embarrassing to think that Cal Poly actually stood a chance until the end. Kudos to CP for keeping it close though.

Archive_Reports
09-13-2015, 08:57 AM
Today the Chiefs begin their march to the AFC West division title.

TheyCallMeDrug
09-13-2015, 11:07 AM
Oh man they're playing so good, I'm psyched! 9.5 game lead in the division! The only thing that's scary is being matched up with the Dodgers in a best of 5 series and running into a Greinke-Kershaw buzzsaw.

if harvey keeps his shit together and their offense stays hot theyve got a chance. harveys past few meltdowns aren't making me happy though.

Conan The Barbarian
09-13-2015, 03:16 PM
Jesus, with the hype the Fins got before the start you would think that would light a fire in their ass. Instead we get a sloppy win. I hope they improve as the season goes along.

TheyCallMeDrug
09-13-2015, 03:17 PM
SHITTING THE BED. me. not good.

Baphomette
09-13-2015, 04:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=233&v=19XSldbNaSo

TheyCallMeDrug
09-13-2015, 11:01 PM
killing it in my money league. this week in ets is lookin like a POS.

gorast
09-14-2015, 12:11 AM
Tampa Bay did their best to disappoint me today. I've only been watching baseball for a month and a half and I'm already resigned to the fact that the Rays just can't get it done. 13 innings only to let two runs through? Really, guys? God.

On a similar note, RIP Bucs. Jameis didn't realize that football is different in the NFL while Mariota clearly did.

At least my actual boys the Eagles will clean up tomorrow. Hopefully. If Bradford doesn't somehow manage to die in the first quarter, that is.

TheyCallMeDrug
09-14-2015, 01:57 AM
Tampa Bay did their best to disappoint me today. I've only been watching baseball for a month and a half and I'm already resigned to the fact that the Rays just can't get it done. 13 innings only to let two runs through? Really, guys? God.

rays havent been able to get it done all season

Dra508
09-14-2015, 03:00 PM
SHITTING THE BED. me. not good.Don't recall which team you are but I just won the Gronk Bowl of ETS, without Gronk - fuck I sat Brady because that POS Yahoo notified me that he was not going to play, and then HE PLAYED!!
Kid Charlemagne is my bitch - he was loved and lost with Dez. bawhahhahahaa

Ruined
09-15-2015, 01:14 AM
Really proud of the 49ers. Great first win and nice way to start the Carlos Hyde era.

Rubeninphoenix
09-17-2015, 10:56 PM
How about that comeback by the Broncos. Damn.

Archive_Reports
09-18-2015, 12:39 PM
I hate being a Chiefs fan.

Sarah K
09-20-2015, 01:19 PM
The Steelers in this first half... Holy fucking shit.

Dra508
09-20-2015, 03:15 PM
I left Brady on the bench. I hate myself

TheyCallMeDrug
09-20-2015, 04:48 PM
I left Brady on the bench. I hate myself

yeaaaaaa, i think im gonna beat you this week. my team has gone insane and i made a couple clutch last minute moves to pull it off.

never bench an angry tom brady. never ever.

Sarah K
09-20-2015, 05:16 PM
I had the Bills for defense and ended up with a negative point. Lolz. Ben saved me though.

Dra508
09-20-2015, 06:53 PM
yeaaaaaa, i think im gonna beat you this week. my team has gone insane and i made a couple clutch last minute moves to pull it off.

never bench an angry tom brady. never ever.

Seriously. I fell asleep setting my lineup. I still have Frank Gore to play. One could hope, but I think you got me. :(

TheyCallMeDrug
09-20-2015, 06:57 PM
Seriously. I fell asleep setting my lineup. I still have Frank Gore to play. One could hope, but I think you got me. :(

tannehill killed it for you so no regrets in your qb choice. my whole team decided to hulk out this week so it's just one of those lopsided times. my D even got -1 and im still up a lot.

good match up against you this week either way :)

Dra508
09-20-2015, 09:54 PM
tannehill killed it for you so no regrets in your qb choice. my whole team decided to hulk out this week so it's just one of those lopsided times. my D even got -1 and im still up a lot.

good match up against you this week either way :)

What a gentleman. You're a keeper [emoji4]

Rubeninphoenix
09-20-2015, 11:44 PM
What a finale in the NFC's big game this week. Packers totally deserved to win and now you have to wonder what Seattle's record would be with Chancellor playing.

gorast
09-21-2015, 10:54 AM
Cowboys/Eagles yesterday may have been one of the worst football games I've ever seen. Refs are way, way too active in the game, can't let a single play run without flagging the shit out of it, not to mention the fact that my god damn Eagles have no offensive line and basically forced the defense to play for almost the entire game. No defense should be on the field that long, and it's a testament to their actual competence that the Cowboys didn't score a million fucking points. Granted, we also killed Romo, which sucks, but they managed a touchdown after that anyway! Absolute disaster. Put Sanchez in, he at least remembers how to throw the fucking ball and not trip over his own feet or get slapped in the chest with a snap he didn't expect.

Tums206_BFY
09-21-2015, 01:06 PM
Yeah the Cowboys/Eagles game was pretty putrid to watch, even Aikman commented on that in the air which was pretty funny. Like the Eagles my Hawks have dug themselves a 0-2 hole. They could easily be 2-0 or at least 1-1 but undisciplined football and too conservative of offense (imo) has killed them so far. Lots of football left and this team is talented enough to right the ship they just need to get their shit together.

In other news I literally won my FF by 0.86 points, barring of course stats correction, and the moment came when Aaron Rodgers threw his last touchdown last night and never threw to Randall Cobb the rest of the game. Come on Stats Correction don't fuck it up for me lol

Fifey
09-21-2015, 06:11 PM
Yeah the Cowboys/Eagles game was pretty putrid to watch, even Aikman commented on that in the air which was pretty funny. Like the Eagles my Hawks have dug themselves a 0-2 hole. They could easily be 2-0 or at least 1-1 but undisciplined football and too conservative of offense (imo) has killed them so far. Lots of football left and this team is talented enough to right the ship they just need to get their shit together.

In other news I literally won my FF by 0.86 points, barring of course stats correction, and the moment came when Aaron Rodgers threw his last touchdown last night and never threw to Randall Cobb the rest of the game. Come on Stats Correction don't fuck it up for me lol

Closest fantasy head to head I've been in in a LONG time. Last night was nerve racking hoping for a Cobb catch or a rushing TD on that last drive to cut into your Defense's points enough for the win. Brees is killing me. Might have to bench him for next week. Allen shitting the bed after a great Week 1 was a hearbreaker for me as well.

In more positive news, Sparty is #2 in the country, with a legitimate shot at a championship 1/4 of the way through the season!

Dra508
09-22-2015, 11:33 PM
Way to go rookie Sarah K for taking first place in Ets. Fantasy Football. Going to ride Big Ben all the way to the playoffs. Works for me since I have his target on mah roster. [emoji16]

Sarah K
09-23-2015, 09:40 AM
Yeah... Hahaha. I'm getting lucky! I thought I was going to end up in second place. When I looked at it yesterday morning, I couldn't believe that I was in first.

They better keep Ben off his ass!

TheyCallMeDrug
09-23-2015, 11:11 PM
i just picked up Eli as a backup off the wire on ETS. you guys are sleeping. ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz....................zzzzzzzzzz

Sarah K
09-24-2015, 10:23 AM
Saw him... Nobody wants him. Lolz

blackholesun
09-24-2015, 01:54 PM
Hockey is almost back. Fall!

TheyCallMeDrug
09-25-2015, 02:56 PM
Saw him... Nobody wants him. Lolz

yea, why would anyone want a backup QB who threw for 279 yds, 2 TDs and 19.16 pts overall???:rolleyes:

Sarah K
09-26-2015, 12:46 AM
It's Eli. It'll likely be fleeting.

Dra508
09-26-2015, 09:28 AM
i just picked up Eli as a backup off the wire on ETS. you guys are sleeping. ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz....................zzzzzzzzzz

I picked up Dez only because Kid Charlemagne dropped him. :P

Kid Charlemagne
09-26-2015, 11:55 AM
I'm not confident when Dez comes back that he'll be good to go. The roommate was so excited for me that I got to draft my favorite NFL player and had to console me when we herard he'd be out for two months.

Eli ain't a bad QB to have sometimes, in the years when he's not leading the NFL in INT's, he's good at getting solid numbers when you don't need or can get a big number QB.

And Fifey I had no idea you were a Sparty fan! I have such high hopes this year, I absolutely love MSU this year.

Conan The Barbarian
09-27-2015, 07:17 PM
I have never felt so much disappointment in the dolphins ever. They need to fire that entire coaching staff and hide Philbin's body so no NFL team ever has to be coached by that poor excuse of a coach.

Rubeninphoenix
09-27-2015, 07:26 PM
Glad the Colts finally got a win and uh, how about them Cardinals? I might not be a fan of the hometown team but damn did they dismantle the Niners today. Kaep has gone downhill since getting paid or so it seems.

thevoid99
09-27-2015, 10:25 PM
How about them fuckin' Cowboys? The Falcons kicked their fucking ass! Yeah!!!!

gorast
09-28-2015, 08:53 PM
Thank God. The Falcons are going to be the NFC East champions this year because the actual division is so bad. They're gonna fuck all four teams.

I hope the Eagles can keep up this shaky, lame-ass momentum they've got from the Jets game and wreck Washington.

Sarah K
09-29-2015, 07:28 AM
Cobb almost fucked my team last night. I was nervous there for a bit!

Dra508
09-29-2015, 08:38 AM
I whooped Concussed Platipi's* arse this week!

*nominee for best ETS FF team name this season.

Fifey
09-29-2015, 08:44 PM
Cobb almost fucked my team last night. I was nervous there for a bit!

I wish I had just lost big. Cobb got my hopes up only to crush them late.

Lost the last two weeks by less than 10 points total, with the winning guys on my bench. I need to get better at managing my roster. :-/

Good win, though. I'll get you next time.

Sarah K
10-02-2015, 11:58 AM
Ya know... I think that Vick actually did pretty well last night, all things considered.

Someone should light Josh Scobee on fire, though.

Dra508
10-02-2015, 12:27 PM
Ya know... I think that Vick actually did pretty well last night, all things considered.

He couldn't get a fucking pass to Antonio Brown. I'm playing @Trish this week and HAVE TO WIN!

Sarah K
10-02-2015, 12:34 PM
Tucker got me 15 fantasy points, so that's pretty rad.

Dra508
10-02-2015, 01:40 PM
Tucker got me 15 fantasy points, so that's pretty rad.

I had that dude for two seasons. Jealous.

gorast
10-02-2015, 02:57 PM
I'm glad Vick got some playing time. He's so fun to watch even when he fucks up. I love when he weighs his options and just decides "FUCK IT I'M GOING IN" because it usually works.

Fire that fucking kicker, though. Wow. Awful.

october_midnight
10-02-2015, 03:35 PM
Picked the Ravens in my pool just as a pick-em...and to be honest, I'm amazed they won. Happy, sure...but let's be honest...if Joe Flacco had to choose any number he'd definitely pick six.

Sarah K
10-02-2015, 03:44 PM
Flacco for Steelers MVP, and Scobee for Ravens MVP.

It was a really fun game. Sad the Steelers couldn't pull it out in the end. But I still enjoyed it a lot.

TheyCallMeDrug
10-03-2015, 11:16 PM
scherzer's no hitter was impressive to watch. nlds mets v dodgers dates set.

i bought tix to both home games in queens, can't wait til next weekend.

Sarah K
10-04-2015, 05:48 PM
I think that I'll be handed my first loss in fantasy football this week.

thevoid99
10-04-2015, 06:37 PM
Falcons win again. My dad and my brother-in-law went to the game against the Texans. They killed them. 48-21 with 28 points in the first half alone.

Piko
10-04-2015, 06:43 PM
Calling it. Saints, 0-4...

gorast
10-04-2015, 09:05 PM
Eagles game broke my spirit.

15 plays, 90 yards, five and a half minutes. It would've been so sweet to beat Washington after that, hold them to a futile fourth-down conversion and coast to a win, a win that couldn't be taken away by a field goal. But no. Our defense, which had done so much work before, decided that they were done, and let that jabroni fuck Kirk Cousins throw a TD and win the game right from under our noses. Ridiculous. Fuck this team.

They need to fucking show up for both halves next week or this season is over. It may well be over already.

TheyCallMeDrug
10-04-2015, 09:16 PM
I think that I'll be handed my first loss in fantasy football this week.

nah youll be 4-0 and ill hopefully be 3-1 in 2nd behind you

Sarah K
10-05-2015, 08:34 AM
It was looking sketchy there for a bit. Rodgers must have slowed down in the second half.

Sarah K
10-05-2015, 10:24 PM
Noooooooo. My first loss, and it is by 1.38 points. Ugh.

TheyCallMeDrug
10-05-2015, 10:37 PM

rough, but I'm happy to take first from ya.

Tums206_BFY
10-05-2015, 10:41 PM
Wow Bam Bam Chancellor saves the Hawks and we go 2-2. Ugly game! Disappointing showing once again from the Hawks offense who I think has played worst in the two home wins than the first two losses. They play like that against the Bengals and we are gonna get smoked on the road! One game at a time I suppose.

Another close game on FF. My last two wins have been by like a little over 3 points combine.

Fifey
10-05-2015, 10:46 PM
The Lions constantly give hope only to take it right back. I honestly had this team pegged as the division champs and 12-4 was not out of the question. Now I think 0-16 part two is a very real possibility.

That was yet another soul crushing Lions Loss. One second, up by 4, the next fumble for the loss. Ugh.

At least Hockey is back this week. Dylan Larkin will challenge Connor McDavid for the Calder I think. First teenager to make the Wings opening day roster since Jiri Fisher. Should be a good season for the Wings.

EDIT: Just saw on Twitter that the bat out of the end of the endzone should have been ruled illegal and the Lions should have gotten the ball back at the 1. I can see the ref who was right there and saw it not knowing the rule (it seems to be happening a lot this season all of the league), but since it was inside the 2 minute warning, how did they not review that upstairs and tell the officials on the field?

Tums206_BFY
10-06-2015, 12:02 AM
The Lions constantly give hope only to take it right back. I honestly had this team pegged as the division champs and 12-4 was not out of the question. Now I think 0-16 part two is a very real possibility.

That was yet another soul crushing Lions Loss. One second, up by 4, the next fumble for the loss. Ugh.

At least Hockey is back this week. Dylan Larkin will challenge Connor McDavid for the Calder I think. First teenager to make the Wings opening day roster since Jiri Fisher. Should be a good season for the Wings.

EDIT: Just saw on Twitter that the bat out of the end of the endzone should have been ruled illegal and the Lions should have gotten the ball back at the 1. I can see the ref who was right there and saw it not knowing the rule (it seems to be happening a lot this season all of the league), but since it was inside the 2 minute warning, how did they not review that upstairs and tell the officials on the field?

From what I read the ref said he thought it was inadvertent and I guess that is not a reviewable play even though it was a turnover (the batting of the ball that is).... lucky for the Hawks but man an explanation now doesn't do anything for the Lions, shitty oversight/blown call by the refs. Definitely understand the warranted frustration by the Lions and their fans.

thevoid99
10-06-2015, 12:04 AM
I just saw that. What the fuck ref? The Lions should've gotten the ball back. What a bunch of bullshit.

gorast
10-06-2015, 01:46 PM
That blown call was brutal. They would've been able to get the touchdown if they'd gotten the ball back. I was too wrapped up in Chancellor's play to realize that what Wright did was blatantly illegal. Really sucks for the Lions - a win could've galvanized them and helped salvage the season, but going 0-4 is soul-crushing.

Dra508
10-06-2015, 05:43 PM
Wooop wooop Win # 3 peeps - beat @trish!

icecream
10-07-2015, 01:45 AM
NHL.Starts.TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah K
10-10-2015, 06:38 PM
Nebraska just can't catch a break. Four losses all in the very last seconds of the game.

Bo, who never lost more than 4 games in an *entire season* in his seven years there, is just sitting in Ohio, getting paid.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/12075077_10154252842888082_3777503064960922373_n.j pg?oh=efde2da2fadda6e16a0d621a1cb58ee7&oe=568D4AB1

TheyCallMeDrug
10-11-2015, 07:16 PM
im gonna be 4-1. watch out boys and girls.

thevoid99
10-11-2015, 08:24 PM
The Falcons didn't play great but they won again. 5-0. Next up, the Saints.

gorast
10-11-2015, 09:53 PM
That's an easy 6-0 for the Falcons. The Saints are fucking garbage. We ran a train on them today and we've been struggling all season. They should be glad they're not 0-5 like the Lions.

thevoid99
10-11-2015, 10:22 PM
That sucks for the Lions. Especially what happened on Monday.

icecream
10-12-2015, 03:10 PM
Dra508

Think it's going to be a bad season for the Bruins or just a slow start?

Dra508
10-12-2015, 04:53 PM
@Dra508 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=101)

Think it's going to be a bad season for the Bruins or just a slow start?Oh gawd, I watched them play The Habs the other night - freaking painful. Z and Seidenburg were both out so the D was just fumbling and mumbling. You can't rely on 5 foot nothing Krug - an American no less to keep Those dam Canadiens out of the crease. uhhhhhh hurts my head.

Bright spot living away from Boston is I get Hockey Night In Canada on tv, That Cherry dude - too funny.

I might have to go local and root for The Dallas Stars this season.

And while I'm here - anyone watch US vs Mexico? Geoff Cameron was a beast - well, for an American soccer player. I have plans to go to an EPL match when I go to England next month. :D

icecream
10-12-2015, 05:44 PM
Oh gawd, I watched them play The Habs the other night - freaking painful. Z and Seidenburg were both out so the D was just fumbling and mumbling. You can't rely on 5 foot nothing Krug - an American no less to keep Those dam Canadiens out of the crease. uhhhhhh hurts my head.

Bright spot living away from Boston is I get Hockey Night In Canada on tv, That Cherry dude - too funny.

I might have to go local and root for The Dallas Stars this season.

And while I'm here - anyone watch US vs Mexico? Geoff Cameron was a beast - well, for an American soccer player. I have plans to go to an EPL match when I go to England next month. :D

I have no idea why they traded Hamilton away. Probably should have kept him and traded Chara. And I have a soft spot from Dallas too, Jamie Benn is from my town. Wish him the best.

gorast
10-12-2015, 11:12 PM
Steelers won that game in the craziest way possible. I don't understand how their offense could be so dynamic. Ridiculousness all around. Especially considering the first three quarters sucked ass on both sides.

Very disappointed in Vick, though. I don't know if it was Ben and the coaches limiting his play or if he just had no confidence in his arm, but his playing sucked for the majority of that game. He pulled some great throws and a patented Vick run out of his ass towards the end, and then was blocking for the final play, but overall he had a surprisingly uninspiring performance. Hopefully, this game will light a fire under him to shake the rust off until Ben comes back.

richardp
10-13-2015, 12:16 AM
Unbelievably proud of my dudes in the Royals for the incredible comeback in the bottom of the 8th today against the Astros. That game was an absolute heart stopper.

TheyCallMeDrug
10-13-2015, 12:36 AM
LETS GO METS

I was at tonights game and it was amazing. homerun derby with harvey and tolo on the mound.

I'm going again tomorrow night and they need to clinch with Matz.

Got tix for NLCS game one, and I've got a good feeling they could make it.

Dra508
10-14-2015, 11:11 AM
I have no idea why they traded Hamilton away. Probably should have kept him and traded Chara. And I have a soft spot from Dallas too, Jamie Benn is from my town. Wish him the best.I suspect that trade was all about money and something that constantly happens in pro sports- you lock up a great player to a long term deal and then use the newbies with potential to pay for them through other trades and picks. Dougie was so fortunate to play under Z's tutelage. He will be that guy in 10 years.

Jamie Benn is beloved in the Big D and I can see why. I think it's a good town to play hockey in if you prefer not to get the massive scrutiny that a traditional hockey town has - I'm looking at you Tyler Seguin. https://youtu.be/efPGsYK6ayI

Baphomette
10-15-2015, 12:08 AM
Heartbroken over Lamar Odom (http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/lamar-odom-nba-player-reaction-lebron-james-dwyane-wade-101415). He has always been one of my faves.

TheyCallMeDrug
10-15-2015, 02:59 PM
let's go mets!!!

Deepvoid
10-15-2015, 03:03 PM
BOOM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UdsVO7HaJg

TheyCallMeDrug
10-16-2015, 09:51 PM
NLCS here we come!

I'll be at the Saturday and Sunday games at Citifield. Cubs/Mets is an epic match up.

Sebek
10-17-2015, 01:34 AM
NLCS here we come!

I'll be at the Saturday and Sunday games at Citifield. Cubs/Mets is an epic match up.

Holy shit man, that game 5 was tense... DeGrom pitched bad enough to give up 8 runs, and at the same time good enough to limit the damage to only the 1st inning. Collins almost pulled him 4 different times. We're gonna hear a lot about billy goats and bartman, but sorry Cubbies, the Mets haven't won in 29 years, no sympathy here!

Fifey
10-17-2015, 07:25 PM
SPARTY! What a finish! My sister and brother-in-law were already giving me shit after MSU's last time out. (He went there, I went to Michigan State) They were at the game in the student section, having a great time until the football gods delivered that big helping of crow for them to eat.

It's been ugly most of the season, but they keep finding a way to win.