PDA

View Full Version : The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

elevenism
10-25-2013, 11:35 AM
Anyone here just not give a shit about sports? Music, my harley and guitars for me. I don't think I could name 5 pro athletes. Is that strange for a guy?
Sorry for the double post, but no, it's not THAT strange man. Especially for a musician. I watch SOME basketball during the regular season, and i LOVE it, but even I don't get REAL serious about basketball 'till the playoffs roll around.

The Great Destroyer
10-28-2013, 11:38 PM
One more win and the Red Sox are World Series champions! Let's win this on Wednesday!

Pillfred
10-30-2013, 01:23 PM
Last night I realized I haven't watched a single hockey game so far. It was good to see that the Hawks pulled off a win in ot last night. And fuck the Vikings are so bad this year I can't even make fun of them about it.

Dra508
10-30-2013, 03:54 PM
I'm first place in Fantasy Football biotches.

*cabbage patch dance*

This won't last - let me enjoy it while I'm up here!

october_midnight
11-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Almost in Seattle for the Seahawks Bucs game. My 2nd ever NFL game! Sure my first was only three weeks ago, but the Bucs are lousy and tickets for this one were only $175 each, so couldn't pass it up.

Riding the Romo train for Survivor this week, but let's be honest...only thing that matters?

GO PACKERS

http://scm-l3.technorati.com/10/08/09/15923/Green-Bay-Packers.jpg

dogsipod
11-13-2013, 01:47 PM
I need a WR. Have Tony Gonzalez, Joique Bell, Danny Woodhead, and Terrence Williams on the Block. Will do a 4 for 1. inquire about other on the team.

blackholesun
11-30-2013, 05:24 PM
Last weekend until the fantasy football playoffs. There are 6 of us vying for the last 4 spots. I'm going to have a tough time making it in, but I'm in a must win this week and must count on at least two other teams losing. Fun times!

bruised
11-30-2013, 09:39 PM
Dude how fucking bad was that bama - auburn game?! Fuck!

blackholesun
12-04-2013, 05:02 PM
Playoff time! Won last week to barely make it in and kick sin_eater out. BUSH LEAGUE. There will be a new champion.

PS. The Maple Leafs suck.

Kid Charlemagne
12-04-2013, 10:49 PM
Playoff time! Won last week to barely make it in and kick sin_eater out. BUSH LEAGUE. There will be a new champion.

PS. The Maple Leafs suck.

For someone that got a D in the draft, I'd like to think I did okay this season.

Dra508
12-17-2013, 07:27 AM
Congratulations Trish99 for knocking off the number one chickah in the ff playoffs. I can't give you all the credit, I left 30 points on my bench and Andre Johnson totally failed me.

themethatyouknow
12-17-2013, 02:36 PM
Ugh, at 2:00 Sunday things were looking good. Then Jamal Charles went all Gayle Sayers on my ass and that's that. Oh well.

Kid Charlemagne
12-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Ugh, at 2:00 Sunday things were looking good. Then Jamal Charles went all Gayle Sayers on my ass and that's that. Oh well.

Literally, scared as shit until that happened, it was great since the rest of my team underperformed.

ryanmcfly
01-01-2014, 10:59 PM
Just witnessed my school win their first bowl game in over a decade! The Mean Green beat UNLV 36-14, and I stormed the field at the Cotton Bowl. Easily my favorite college experience so far.

blackholesun
01-03-2014, 01:38 PM
The Winter Classic looked insane. 105,000+ people at an NHL game. It's a shame they have to tarnish it this year with 5 more outdoor games. I'm interested to see how the one at Dodger Stadium ends up.

Dra508
01-03-2014, 01:41 PM
The Winter Classic looked insane. 105,000+ people at an NHL game. It's a shame they have to tarnish it this year with 5 more outdoor games. I'm interested to see how the one at Dodger Stadium ends up.
I agree. NHL is going to dilute the demand, BUT, NHL hockey is not an everyday viewed sport on TV and putting these "showcases" on for the non-fan, might get more regular fans. I guess that's the brand marketing theory.

This year's game was fun to watch. It really looks a little like pond hockey.

october_midnight
01-06-2014, 12:13 AM
If there's one consolation from my Packers losing tonight, it's winning my football pool and being the proud owner of NINE $50 bottles of red wine to help me soothe this torment...

Tums206_BFY
01-19-2014, 11:40 PM
SEEEEEAAAAAAAHAWWWWKSSSS!!!!

Back in the SuperBowl!!!!!

Kid Charlemagne
01-19-2014, 11:51 PM
Had my biggest payout this whole season, earning $400 on both games, had Denver with the over and Seattle with the under. I wish there was a prop bet on if Richard Sherman was going to be awesome or not.

Charmingly Miserable
02-02-2014, 06:54 PM
This might be in the wrong thread, but what the fuck was a Maserati commercial doing in the Super Bowl?

Piko
02-02-2014, 06:58 PM
This might be in the wrong thread, but what the fuck was a Maserati commercial doing in the Super Bowl?

What the hell was the commercial even doing? It's one thing and then all of a sudden it's a maserati commercial...

Charmingly Miserable
02-02-2014, 07:01 PM
What the hell was the commercial even doing? It's one thing and then all of a sudden it's a maserati commercial...

I know, right? Honestly, I thought it was a movie trailer or some Army spot. But then a Maserati came racing through. I think that commercial is gonna make EVERY American go out and buy one because they cost just as much as a Toyota Prius.

Piko
02-02-2014, 07:27 PM
This game is not playing out like I was expecting it to be... Thought it'd be kind of close.

Cat Mom
02-02-2014, 08:44 PM
This is awesome!!! Mwaaaahahahahaha

darksiren82
02-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Can I facepalm the Broncos' lackluster performance? What a rout.

Piko
02-02-2014, 10:04 PM
Can I facepalm the Broncos' lackluster performance? What a rout.

Any fan of theirs should. That was awful. They should've done better than that. Did great all year and that's how they end it? What a shame...?

Halo Infinity
02-02-2014, 10:06 PM
Anyone here just not give a shit about sports? Music, my harley and guitars for me. I don't think I could name 5 pro athletes. Is that strange for a guy?
I don't think it is, nor should it be deemed strange. However, I could understand why you asked that question, as a lot of other men have also assumed that I'd not only be extremely interested in sports, but cars as well.

-Edit-

Oh crap, I just noticed how old that post was, but it didn't look so old at first on the account of it being just one page back. :p

leo3375
02-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Because I can't think of a better place to post this, here's is a video of a guy surprising his Seahawks-superfan mom with tickets to tonight's Super Bowl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO0fnKdPgxc

I really, really hope he posts a follow-up video of him, his mom, and his friend at the game. If he does, I will share it.

the duder
02-02-2014, 11:21 PM
After seeing that thumping of the Broncos, I found this article (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9581925/seattle-seahawks-use-unusual-techniques-practice-espn-magazine) from Seahawk's training camp this past August. Really cool, progressive stuff happening out in Seattle, and I think there may be a new power in the NFC for a couple of seasons.

thevoid99
02-02-2014, 11:57 PM
I saw that first play w/ my dad where the Seahawks got that safety.... I was like "how the hell did Denver fuck that up?" Seahawks obviously were there to play and kick some ass. They did that and more as they had the confidence, the desire to win, and even had the back-up QB to even play the game.

Tums206_BFY
02-03-2014, 04:15 AM
I can't fucking Believe it!!!!!! God I love my city and my team!!!!

GO HAAAAAAAAAAWKS!!!!!!!!

I'm in cloud 9 for a while!!!!!!

leo3375
02-03-2014, 04:26 PM
Mike Harris and his mom Vicki were on "Good Morning America" to talk about their experience. I posted the video of Mike surprising Vicki with Super Bowl tickets and said I would share a follow-up:
Super Bowl Tickets: Mike Harris surprises his mom, Vicki, with tickets to the Big Game (http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/super-bowl-tickets-mike-harris-surprises-mom-vicki-22344354)

AgentofChaos
02-15-2014, 10:18 AM
Nobody around here watching the Olympics? Was thinking about creating its own thread but if people aren't talking about it by now... not much of a point.

How bout that USA/Russia game today? Great game. They can both go fuck themselves but I'm just happy it went to a shootout because it means that if CAN wins tomorrow in regulation we should finish 1-2 with Sweden regardless and get a cake matchup in the quarters.

Cat Mom
02-15-2014, 03:32 PM
I've been watching the Olympics pretty much all day every day. NBC SN has great coverage, plus they have Tara and Johnny commentating figure skating instead of Scotty who never stfu.

That shootout this morning was awesome.

blackholesun
02-15-2014, 11:05 PM
The USA Russia game was fucking awesome. Oshie vs. Kovalchuk and Datsyuk in the shootout. Just insane. Glad to see my boy Pavelski get a goal.

I think Canada will win tomorrow, but it won't be easy. Finland has been great, despite the injuries, but Canada is just too good to lose. Chances are they will get the 1 or 2 seed.

How about Slovenia with the win today? I love underdogs and I don't think they were expected to win any games.

The Swiss might be the dark horse in this thing, but eventually they'll have to play Canada/USA/Russia and they won't be able to rely on Hiller like they have been. I'm confused why they started Berra against Sweden, but the Swiss defense does not have that many holes in it (sorry)

october_midnight
02-15-2014, 11:52 PM
The telecommunications company I work for has a channel where it's like free PPV for everything Olympics. You can search by date, event, you name it....the wife and I have been watching a pantload and we finally got to watch the shootout in that hockey game and fuck me, y'all weren't lying...I'm not a big fan of shootouts ending anything but god damn!

GO CANADA. START LUONGO.

Kid Charlemagne
02-16-2014, 12:37 PM
Phil Kessel, American Hero

blackholesun
02-16-2014, 02:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zc2h35F.jpg

leo3375
02-16-2014, 02:31 PM
Fun fact: No US men's Olympic hockey team has won a gold medal without at least one player from a little town in northern Minnesota called Warroad. Here's a little article about this town that, for some reason, produces more Olympic medalists in hockey than anywhere else:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/15/oshie-warroad-home-town_n_4795372.html

Dra508
02-16-2014, 02:54 PM
I missed this fun fact from the Vancouver Olympics that Vernon Davis is a curling fan.

blackholesun
02-19-2014, 04:42 PM
2010 rematch Friday!

Dra508
02-19-2014, 04:49 PM
2010 rematch Friday!

That Latvian Goalie, wooooah

october_midnight
02-20-2014, 05:16 PM
Canada wins Women's Hockey gold in OT!!!! Awwwwww yeeeeeeeah. Tomorrow morning is the Men's...and shit's gettin' real.

http://i.imgur.com/JhMU6mW.jpg

ziltoid
03-01-2014, 11:40 PM
This is how you race!
http://youtu.be/d3vTjhu35hk

october_midnight
03-04-2014, 05:44 PM
Luongo officially traded to the Florida Panthers. Where he'll play alongside Tim Thomas. Umm, ok.

blackholesun
03-04-2014, 05:49 PM
So odd that he's going to be on the same team as Thomas, assuming Thomas doesn't get traded in the next 24 hours. The Canucks had Luongo and Schneider and now they have two goalies with only 80 games of NHL experience and only 20 wins. Safe to say that they are now aware that their championship window has closed.

october_midnight
03-04-2014, 05:52 PM
Yep. Only fitting since Luongo started there and his family's there, so all the power to him. This city treated him like shit and he has every right to flip the finger as he gets on the plane.

Dra508
03-04-2014, 07:20 PM
Luongo officially traded to the Florida Panthers. Where he'll play alongside Tim Thomas. Umm, ok.
Thomas will probably be cut, put his tinfoil hat back on and go back to his fallout shelter in Colorado.

october_midnight
03-04-2014, 09:09 PM
LOL it DOES make one wonder as the Panthers have already said Lu will be their new starter, thereby shoving Tim 'A Beautiful Mind' Thomas to backup...he may go postal.

october_midnight
03-05-2014, 02:25 PM
Scratch that. Thomas sent to the Dallas Stars.

Texas? Sounds about right for him...

ziltoid
03-16-2014, 10:54 PM
Anyone here a fan of F1 racing?
Today marks the day of the 2014 F1 Series.
Did anyone catch the Australian Gran Prix?

themethatyouknow
03-18-2014, 01:27 AM
So is anyone up for rebooting the Fantasy baseball league? I'll run it if we get 10+ players.

Conan The Barbarian
03-18-2014, 07:25 AM
I'm down. I was undefeated up until the last 5 games when all my players were either sucking or lost for the season with injuries.

Sorry , I thought it was football. All I read was fantasy. Its early.

blackholesun
03-18-2014, 01:12 PM
I'm in for fantasy baseball.

theimage13
03-25-2014, 03:10 PM
The Buffalo Bills' founder and only owner for the team's 50+ years, Ralph Wilson, Jr., has passed away.

blackholesun
04-06-2014, 02:33 PM
Just a little over a week until the Stanley Cup playoffs start. I don't like this new playoff format at all. All the matchups are mostly set, except for who will win the wild card. I don't like that the 2 and 3 seeds play in the first round. You are going to have two of the Avs, Blackhawks, Sharks and Kings get eliminated in the first round, all of whom are cup contenders this year.

nothing8
04-06-2014, 10:45 PM
Anyone here a fan of F1 racing?
Today marks the day of the 2014 F1 Series.
Did anyone catch the Australian Gran Prix?

I am, and I did. I sadly missed last night's race in Bahrain, but I have the F1 Live timing app so I plan to watch the commentary/times on the train home and then watch the race.

The Mercedes are unbelievably quick this year, good seeing the grid getting mixed up this year.

ophelia_
04-09-2014, 10:12 AM
^agreed.

As much as I hate Hamilton, I'm glad to see Nico is doing well. All these rule changes that made the cars slower seemed ridiculous at the start, but it's definitely allowing for more overtaking, which of course means more amusement. On the downside, the NIN concert was louder than the F1 this year in Melbourne -_-

Wish Ferrari would get their shit together though. Seriously, it's been years since they had a great car. Argh!

AgentofChaos
04-09-2014, 10:26 AM
Fuck me. 2 of the last 3 years plus the Boston series collapse. This is some sad, depressing shit.

http://warrenkinsella.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/TypicalLeafsFan.jpg

Canuckle
04-09-2014, 10:53 AM
Fuck me. 2 of the last 3 years plus the Boston series collapse. This is some sad, depressing shit.

I've bled blue and white my entire life... but I haven't been this disappointed, and soon to be indifferent, in all my life. I'm seriously moving into the 'I don't care' territory that many of the older generation occupy (I am currently 29). That being said.... there is some silver lining...

1) Potential top 10 draft pick for a team that needs to continue to stockpile talent given the big tickets they current have on the roster (specifically, high-upside talent).
2) No one is fooling themselves when it comes to their horrible D. D-men, forwards, all of them need to go under heavy evaluation and will because of this collapse.
3) We know who the #1 goalie is...

Deepvoid
04-09-2014, 01:11 PM
Can't believe the Habs are the only Canadian team making the playoffs this year.

Bishop's injury, albeit unfortunate for the Bolts, is quite the good news for the Habs.

nothing8
04-10-2014, 08:36 AM
^agreed.

As much as I hate Hamilton, I'm glad to see Nico is doing well. All these rule changes that made the cars slower seemed ridiculous at the start, but it's definitely allowing for more overtaking, which of course means more amusement. On the downside, the NIN concert was louder than the F1 this year in Melbourne -_-

Wish Ferrari would get their shit together though. Seriously, it's been years since they had a great car. Argh!

I don't think it's Ferrari that's been having a bad run car-wise. I think it's more the drivers they've had on board. I have honestly never been a fan of Alonso as a driver (ever) and it pissed me off when he made the move. Massa seemed like he would always be a second rate driver, but that might just be a bit of the Red Bull formula making its way over to Ferrari by way of "Support the driver who's bringing home the points, fuck the other guy" sort of thing. Raikkonen at the moment seems like he just doesn't give a fuck after his short stint in rally driving which we would like to think is why he's not making the podium just yet. He's always been a kick ass driver, but it is disappointing watching him this year.

I forget where else I was going with this post. Oh yeah, the Force India team, holy shit. Where the fuck did they come from all of a sudden?!

As for the new rules, cars and whatnot, I think it's all bullshit. I was at the race for the first time this year and I'm happy I got to see David Coulthard thrash a car around the track and also hear what just ONE of the old V8 powered cars sounded like. Definitely a massive disappointment in terms of sound. Hopefully they sort something out where they'll go back to the higher powered engines again, or at least get a bit more noise out of them.

Maybe a quick trip to Lakemba to flog a couple of blow-off valves off of the 'fully sik Rexi brah" should do the trick :D

ophelia_
04-10-2014, 06:44 PM
Massa is a top rate driver when he has confidence in himself. It still breaks my heart to think of the Brazilian GP in 08. Being a massive MS fan, I absolutely despised Fernando for the longest time but in the last year of Renault vs Ferrari, I kinda started appreciating his skills and so I was happy when he made the move to Ferrari. He's aggressive but calculated, he doesn't take too many unnecessary risks (a la Hamilton) and he knows how to make an underperforming car work for him.
Eh, I love Kimi because he's Kimi but you can tell his heart just isn't into it. After he won the drivers championship with Ferrari it was like he just ticked that off the bucket list.

Its defffs Force India's time to shine right now! Crazy how well they're doing.

The first f1 race I ever went to had v12s, it was like having your head blown off everytime they went around the track. So good.

Haha... Oh jesus, I never thought I'd see Lakemba mentioned on ETS. Fully ;)

nothing8
04-11-2014, 08:40 AM
Sydney is balls deep in ETS :D

Big MS fan here as well. I started watching F1 back when it was MS and Eddie Irvine on the team...Mika Hakkinen, David Coulthard, Fisichella, Ralf Schumacher were all still racing...damn good memories watching the Australian GP when I was a kid.

I really hope Red Bull get their shit together and really get behind Ricciardo at this trial when it happens. It's a shame that everything happened the way it did, but there is no way in hell he should have had HIS points stripped, I still think they should have taken the Constructors points off of the team.

ophelia_
04-11-2014, 08:59 AM
Good ol' Sydney. (Are you from the Gong, how do you know Lakemba? Haha)

Oh god yes! How amazing were the cars in that era? They were the best days... I remember dad used to tape the european races cause they were on too late for me, so he'd re-watch them with me the next day. Haha.

Dude, it sucks about Ricciardo... It definitely should have been the team that was penalised and not him. If it was Vettel that had the "problem", I doubt it would have worked out that way. *rolls eyes*

PS - bonus points for liking nin AND f1. I find it hard enough meeting people that like one of those things, let alone both. Lol.

nothing8
04-12-2014, 12:12 AM
South Westen Sydney for me, I can bust out so many more of those types of joke as you would imagine, but I won't, haha

That era really is up there with the greatest times of F1. I would have loved to have been around when Senna was racing. Just watching old footage of him is insane enough.

I really hate Vettel. Not just because of the whole Webber/Vettel battle but because I genuinely think he's a dick. Sure, he's young and he's achieved a fair bit in his F1 career so far, but nobody should carry on the way he does, especially with his own team mates.

I find it hard enough meeting people who are willing to even pretend they're interested in speaking about the race on the Monday after, let alone anyone who is happy to have a discussion that lasts longer than 2 minutes followed by the awkward "So yeah...</football, golf, other sports I have no real interest in> :D

segwaygarden
04-12-2014, 03:21 PM
anyone else around here sorta bummed about the NHL playoffs this year? there's not really a single team i'd like to see win, honestly. the one canadian team playing's my least favorite in the league.

elevenism
04-12-2014, 03:22 PM
I just want my motherfucking Dallas Mavericks to make the playoffs!!!!!!

blackholesun
04-12-2014, 03:35 PM
anyone else around here sorta bummed about the NHL playoffs this year? there's not really a single team i'd like to see win, honestly. the one canadian team playing's my least favorite in the league.

I'm pretty content since my team is in the playoffs. Though I'm a little wary of playing the Kings in the first round.

segwaygarden
04-12-2014, 03:42 PM
I'm pretty content since my team is in the playoffs. Though I'm a little wary of playing the Kings in the first round.

i don't think the kings are gonna make it far. honestly the only thing i'd like to see happen is the penguins not winning the cup. anyone else i'm fine with.

Fifey
04-13-2014, 03:11 PM
Anaheim vs. Dallas in 5
San Jose vs. Los Angeles in 4
Colorado vs. Minnesota in 5
St. Louis vs. Chicago in 6

Boston vs. Detroit in 7
Montreal vs. Tampa Bay in 6
Pittsburgh vs. Columbus in 7
New York vs. Philadelphia in 5

blackholesun
04-13-2014, 07:13 PM
i don't think the kings are gonna make it far. honestly the only thing i'd like to see happen is the penguins not winning the cup. anyone else i'm fine with.

The Kings match up against the Sharks well. It'll be a good series. I can't see the Pens winning. They are so top heavy this year and their D is pencil thin. I feel like Boston has a walk in the park to the finals. But it's the playoffs so anything can happen.

Anywho, predictions

Anaheim vs. Dallas in 5
San Jose vs. Los Angeles in 7
Colorado vs. Minnesota in 6
St. Louis vs. Chicago in 6

Boston vs. Detroit in 7
Montreal vs. Tampa Bay in 6
Pittsburgh vs. Columbus in 7
New York vs. Philadelphia in 7

The first round is going to be so fun. San Jose/LA, Chicago/St. Louis, New York/Philly, Detroit/Boston.

nothing8
04-15-2014, 05:26 AM
This is disappointing. I was hoping they would take the points off the team, not him.

http://www.fia.com/international-court-appeal-monday-14-april-2014

(http://www.fia.com/international-court-appeal-monday-14-april-2014)

Dra508
04-15-2014, 11:41 AM
I personally am done with hockey by April. It's a winter sport in my head.

However, I'm a Boston Bruin fan so will be rooting for them. :)

I've taken to watching a bit of Premier league futbol on Saturday mornings around here. I like rooting for Everton since they've got that American goal keep. Beyond that, I'm still asking my boyfriend lots of questions and reading wiki entries on how many freaking leagues there are in the UK alone, Yeeesh.

ophelia_
04-16-2014, 09:27 AM
This is disappointing. I was hoping they would take the points off the team, not him.

http://www.fia.com/international-court-appeal-monday-14-april-2014

(http://www.fia.com/international-court-appeal-monday-14-april-2014)

Can't say I'm surprised really.. Sigh.

dogsipod
04-16-2014, 01:08 PM
the NHL playoffs are actually not grabbing my attention...not like last year *wink
actually more interested in the NBA playoffs.

Deepvoid
04-17-2014, 09:22 AM
What a game between the Habs and Bolts last night. Hockey playoffs at its best!

blackholesun
04-17-2014, 04:42 PM
That Stamkos coast to coast goal was so sweet. That OT was thrilling. Sharks/Kings tonight. I'm ready for a heart attack.

dogsipod
04-17-2014, 08:28 PM
interesting read about goalies. you playoff hockey types should enjoy.
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/a-hot-goalie-isnt-a-better-goalie/

blackholesun
04-17-2014, 10:20 PM
interesting read about goalies. you playoff hockey types should enjoy.
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/a-hot-goalie-isnt-a-better-goalie/

Excellent article. I have been really getting into the "advanced" stats part of the game this year. I mean, I don't calculate it or anything, but there are some pretty nerdy hockey blogs out there that cover things like this.

Goalie is definitely a weird position. Luck has a lot to do with it nowadays. How many truly elite goalies exist in today's NHL? How many goalies are propped up by an amazing defense? How many look bad because of a bad defense. It'll be interesting to see where the position goes in the next couple years.

blackholesun
04-18-2014, 02:36 PM
Great first game! The Sharks were up 5-0 at one point. It's a little concerning that they almost let LA back in the game in the third, but I can understand wanting to play a little more conservatively up by 5. Great OT games as well.

Fifey
04-18-2014, 10:03 PM
What a game! Wings take the closest game 1 I've seen them play in any series in about a decade! Shades of 2003 Babcock here. Take game 2 on Sunday and every pundit in the US and Canada will suddenly be eating some tasty crow!

EDIT:

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/849017484.gif?1397869703
Stay classy, Lucic.

nothing8
04-20-2014, 09:02 PM
So the Chinese Grand Prix was awesome. Can't say I'm surprised about the Mercedes 1-2 but to see Alonso on the podium was awesome, especially consideringthe sstart of the race and all the colliding and whatnot. Good that Ricciardo seems to have a better understanding of the car and has taken the (Red) bull by the horns and is driving the absolute fuck out of it while Vettel is still whinging at the fact that nobody cares about him any more.

I felt a little bit sorry about Massa's pit stop that basically sent him to the back of the pack, he managed to recover well even though he didn't make points. Also I don't know if I missed it, but was there any investigation whatsoever into any of the collisions that happened off the start?

blackholesun
04-21-2014, 01:09 PM
Sharks mauled the Kings once again. Still this series is far from over. Every forward on the Sharks has at least 2 points through the first two games. That's depth for you.

St. Louis/Chicago and Pittsburgh/Columbus have been the most entertaining for me so far.

Tough breaks for Tampa. This series could just as well be 2-1 in their favor with a bounce and then that bs no goal the other night.

Deepvoid
04-21-2014, 05:35 PM
Kerry Fraser explained the rule and said the call on the ice was the right one.

Rule 69.3

If a goalkeeper, in the act of establishing his position within his goal crease, initiates contact with an attacking player who is in the goal crease, and this results in an impairment of the goalkeeper’s ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

blackholesun
04-21-2014, 05:47 PM
I stand corrected.

ophelia_
04-22-2014, 08:57 PM
I couldn't find anywhere to watch the Grand Prix at the airport, SO ANNOYED! Alonso on the podium and it sounds like it was a good race. Wah.

I am going to get pretty sick of seeing these Mercedes 1-2s by the end of the season. Hopefully Vettel can pull the reigns in and figure out how to drive the car, mix things up a bit. In the meantime, I'm more than happy to watch Ricciardo do his thing.

Dra508
04-22-2014, 11:29 PM
What a game! Wings take the closest game 1 I've seen them play in any series in about a decade! Shades of 2003 Babcock here. Take game 2 on Sunday and every pundit in the US and Canada will suddenly be eating some tasty crow!

EDIT:

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/849017484.gif?1397869703
Stay classy, Lucic.That was pretty shitty, I must admit. It's like he pulled the blade back too. Ouchie.

Next game, there was this:

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/a08e1402273dd2e69fc2d83bf80c3c1a574e934d/c=95-0-2471-1786&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2014/04/21//1398125793000-smith-chara-4-21.jpg (http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/a08e1402273dd2e69fc2d83bf80c3c1a574e934d/c=95-0-2471-1786&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2014/04/21//1398125793000-smith-chara-4-21.jpg)

blackholesun
04-23-2014, 12:20 PM
The Sharks have a chance to sweep the Kings on Thursday. Whouda thunk it?

Deepvoid
04-23-2014, 01:54 PM
The Sharks have a chance to sweep the Kings on Thursday. Whouda thunk it?

Definitely not me. Had the Kings in 5 as I predicted another epic choking by San Jose.
I thought Quick would steal the show.

Happy to see the Habs sweeping the Bolts. Will be able to rest until Boston finishes Detroit. I have Boston in 6.

october_midnight
04-23-2014, 07:15 PM
OF COURSE THE OPENING NFL GAME IN SEATTLE THAT I CAN'T MAKE IT TO IS AGAINST THE PACKERS, WHO I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO SEE. OF COURSE IT IS.

Fuck my actual life.

Baphomette
04-24-2014, 05:48 AM
Any fan of the Oakland As who has some free time and experience transcribing interviews, drop me a PM. Slave wages but you'll cream yourself listening to these old timers waxing nostalgic.

Dra508
04-25-2014, 08:46 AM
Excellent article. I have been really getting into the "advanced" stats part of the game this year. I mean, I don't calculate it or anything, but there are some pretty nerdy hockey blogs out there that cover things like this.

Goalie is definitely a weird position. Luck has a lot to do with it nowadays. How many truly elite goalies exist in today's NHL? How many goalies are propped up by an amazing defense? How many look bad because of a bad defense. It'll be interesting to see where the position goes in the next couple years.i really don't see analytics being heavily utilized in hockey. Brian Burke uses character as the excuse. https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/03/02/hockey-slow-accept-analytics/30d6XZ9OY7AWUXQtbBXpNN/story.html

I just don't see hockey as predictable.

The MIT sports analytics conference will keep talking about hockey though.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=445910

AgentofChaos
04-25-2014, 09:13 AM
Game 3 tonight. So jacked.

http://www.angiereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/we-the-north.png

http://i.imgur.com/y22GtP6.png

blackholesun
04-25-2014, 12:59 PM
i really don't see analytics being heavily utilized in hockey. Brian Burke uses character as the excuse. https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/03/02/hockey-slow-accept-analytics/30d6XZ9OY7AWUXQtbBXpNN/story.html

I just don't see hockey as predictable.

The MIT sports analytics conference will keep talking about hockey though.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=445910

I think it's less about predicting hockey, but more about putting teams in the best position to have the luck swing their way. I'm not sure exactly how many NHL teams use it yet, but I know you could probably count it on one hand. You are right that you can't predict hockey, but if you can gain that small luck advantage, it will put your team in a better position to win. Even then, anything can happen.

blackholesun
04-29-2014, 01:32 PM
Welp, of course I forgot you aren't supposed to be happy as a Sharks fan. Game 7 tomorrow night. Blech.

Dra508
04-30-2014, 01:57 PM
Welp, of course I forgot you aren't supposed to be happy as a Sharks fan. Game 7 tomorrow night. Blech.

Good luck. Bruins start their series with The Habs tomorrow night. It should be a good one.

Going with an old friend to The Red Sox/Rays game tonight, it's going to be cold, raw and probably rain. Fuck New England weather.

EDIT: game cancelled. Oh well.

Sarah K
04-30-2014, 01:59 PM
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/s526x395/10250162_658879754179419_9097913449903699824_n.jpg

icecream
04-30-2014, 08:37 PM
What happened to the Sharks, blew a 3-0 series lead? I wasn't following the series very closely.

**Side note** Heard the Habs won 3 out of the 4 games against the Bruins this season. St. Louis was my pick to win it all after the trade deadline but I abandoned that decision last few weeks of the season and went with the Bruins. If the Habs can win the series, it will make for a interesting playoffs.

Dra508
04-30-2014, 11:27 PM
Heard the Habs won 3 out of the 4 games against the Bruins this season..this is true which makes this series even more interesting. Those little Canadians know how to get under The Bruins skin. Basically, they play the same sort of game. The Little Ball of Hate, Brad Marchand will probably be kept under control so lest he not spend the entire game in the box.

icecream
05-01-2014, 12:15 AM
this is true which makes this series even more interesting. Those little Canadians know how to get under The Bruins skin. Basically, they play the same sort of game. The Little Ball of Hate, Brad Marchand will probably be kept under control so lest he not spend the entire game in the box.
The Canucks and Habs are my two teams. After seeing how Van treated Luongo, I'm thinking Montreal is just a way better team. I hope they win it all this year!

Deepvoid
05-01-2014, 10:13 AM
Habs and Bruins series will be awesome. It always is. I have the Habs in 6 (obviously).
I hope Marchand gets destroyed by Subban ... again ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YG9Na5F9eg

icecream
05-01-2014, 03:13 PM
First game is tonight, go Habs! It's been a great playoffs so far to watch this year

I have no idea how the series will go, Habs in 7?

blackholesun
05-01-2014, 03:53 PM
What happened to the Sharks, blew a 3-0 series lead? I wasn't following the series very closely.

**Side note** Heard the Habs won 3 out of the 4 games against the Bruins this season. St. Louis was my pick to win it all after the trade deadline but I abandoned that decision last few weeks of the season and went with the Bruins. If the Habs can win the series, it will make for a interesting playoffs.

Yep, the Sharks blew the 3-0 series lead, becoming only the 4th team in NHL history to do it. The Sharks man handled the Kings during the first 3 games. Game 4 could have gone either way, but the rest of the series was all Kings. The Sharks really choked this away.

Welp, here's my 2nd round predictions

Kings over Ducks in 5
Hawks over Wild in 6

Bruins over Habs in 6
Rangers over Pens in 6

Conan The Barbarian
05-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Seriously, God bless hockey.

Now I am a Florida Panther fan ( forever and always) but the Kings were my fave as a kid because of Gretzky back in the 90's. So I will be rooting for them.

icecream
05-01-2014, 08:32 PM
I gave a soft spot for the Panthers because of Lou :p

Kings feel dangerous after knocking out SJ like that

blackholesun
05-01-2014, 09:30 PM
Habs looking good after 2 in game 1.

I like the Panthers. I feel like they have so many top notch prospects that will be good one day. They could be the next Chicago Blackhawks...or the next Oilers. We'll see what Tallon does this offseason.

I think the Kings will beat the Ducks, but it feels like the Hawks and Bruins are on a crash course for the finals again (unless the Habs pull the upset :p )

Deepvoid
05-02-2014, 10:46 AM
What a game in Boston. PK unleashed a hell of a blast.
Let's be real though. Boston were manhandling Montreal but Jesus Price came to the rescue.
The Price is Right.

The racist comments from Boston fans are quite hilarious. I don't think most of them are realizing they have PK's brother in their farm club.

Dra508
05-02-2014, 06:14 PM
The racist comments from Boston fans are quite hilarious. I caught a whiff of this this afternoon, but haven't actually seen it. Usually when hockey players are hated its because they are so dam good. I remember when Chara played for The Sens, he'd get boo'd in Boston. PK is one of those great players, but getting bigoted is NOT cool. Also, Boychuck's slapshot better than Subban.

I don't think most of them are realizing they have PK's brother in their farm club. You're probably right. Which team, do you know?

Deepvoid
05-03-2014, 09:00 AM
I caught a whiff of this this afternoon, but haven't actually seen it. Usually when hockey players are hated its because they are so dam good. I remember when Chara played for The Sens, he'd get boo'd in Boston. PK is one of those great players, but getting bigoted is NOT cool. Also, Boychuck's slapshot better than Subban.

You're probably right. Which team, do you know?

Malcom Subban is playing for the Providence Bruins.

icecream
05-03-2014, 04:48 PM
What a disappointing last half to that 3rd period.

And fuck those racist Boston fans. Every time Subban touched the puck the whole stadium booed. Glad he still got 2 Assists

Dra508
05-03-2014, 09:00 PM
What a disappointing last half to that 3rd period.

And fuck those racist Boston fans. Every time Subban touched the puck the whole stadium booed. Glad he still got 2 Assists

Like I think I said earlier, when Chara was a Senator, everyone boo'd him too. Does that not happen to any really good player when they are the visitor? I think that still happens to Chara in other cities.

As for the fans, don't know what they specifically said, but I know The Bruins condemned them.

I missed the comeback third period today. Argh

icecream
05-03-2014, 09:27 PM
Like I think I said earlier, when Chara was a Senator, everyone boo'd him too. Does that not happen to any really good player when they are the visitor? I think that still happens to Chara in other cities.

As for the fans, don't know what they specifically said, but I know The Bruins condemned them.

I missed the comeback third period today. Argh
Yeah, I know its not all fans. The team and players have been classy about it IMO.

Dra508
05-05-2014, 12:40 PM
The team and players have been classy about it IMO.So true, on both sides

Boston Sunday Globe said:

Shawn Thornton was not happy the way P.K. Subban went down on Thorntonís attempted hit on the Montreal defenseman, a play that resulted in Thornton limping off the ice early in the third period. The right wing did return to the game halfway through the period.

ďI donít like people ducking,Ē Thornton said. ďI think Marchy got about five games for it once [on Sami Salo]. I will say, off the draw he apologized afterward, so thereís that. I think itís a dangerous play, personally. But itís playoffs, itís hockey, Iím fine, so weíre OK.Ē

Thorntonís right knee hit Subban after the defenseman had gone to the ice, and Thornton went into the boards. He got up in significant pain. Asked about the injury, Thornton joked, ďItís a concussion.Ē
Said Subban, ďI donít know what happened. I just tried to shoot the puck around the zone and I sort of lost my footing there. Obviously you donít want to see anybody go off hurt, but he came back.Ē

fillow
05-06-2014, 08:33 AM
http://std3.ru/68/80/1399235936-6880ec79921b88d487efb7b626d6c488.gif

Also, World championship starts in three days in my very city, with my team Belarus versus U S of A!

Deepvoid
05-07-2014, 12:34 PM
Habs looking pretty good against the Bruins so far.
I'd start being worried if I was Boston. Price has been dominating Rask. Subban is all over the place.
I like our odds now.

Deepvoid
05-12-2014, 02:09 PM
Habs gotta give it all tonight.
I'm keeping it right though. Boston is a lot better than Montreal but I do believe we can push this to game 7.

Dra508
05-13-2014, 11:44 AM
Habs gotta give it all tonight.
I'm keeping it right though. Boston is a lot better than Montreal but I do believe we can push this to game 7.Successful, but I give it more to The Bruins having a shitty game (multiple players) and the home ice tilt. Game 7 on Wednesday is going to be INSANE.

Deepvoid
05-13-2014, 12:01 PM
Successful, but I give it more to The Bruins having a shitty game (multiple players) and the home ice tilt. Game 7 on Wednesday is going to be INSANE.

So far I have Habs beaing the better team in Game 3 and 6.
Boston definitely was the best team for game 1, 2 and 5 but ended up losing game 1.
Game 4 was a disaster for both teams and could have gone either way in OT. It went to Boston.

I think it's fair to say that game 7 could go either way as well. Price could steal another one like he did in game 1.
Agree that it should be an insane game. Can't wait!

ophelia_
05-14-2014, 01:04 AM
If Mercedes could stop winning every round of the F1, that would be great. -_-

blackholesun
05-14-2014, 12:44 PM
The Habs/Bruins series has been by far the most entertaining of the second round so far. I'm hoping this game 7 lives up to last year's Leafs/Bruins game 7.

Congrats to the Hawks and Rangers.

I haven't watched any of the Ducks or Kings, it hurts too much. I've heard it's been a boring series though.

Deepvoid
05-15-2014, 11:01 AM
I could not be in a better mood today! Very exciting game. Perfect ending with Chara scoring in his own net.
Don't even get me started about Lucic. What a cry baby.
Marchand punching Plekanec was so ridiculous too.

blackholesun
05-15-2014, 02:58 PM
Congrats to the Habs. This next series should be amazing as well. I really think the Habs could make it to the final with home ice. I think we'll see another 7 game series though.

I think the Kings are going to win tomorrow's game 7, but they will get demolished by the Hawks.

Dra508
05-16-2014, 04:59 PM
I could not be in a better mood today! Very exciting game. Perfect ending with Chara scoring in his own net.
Don't even get me started about Lucic. What a cry baby.
Marchand punching Plekanec was so ridiculous too.Meh. The Bruins were not playing well at all - they lost far and square. Really missing Seidenberg more than I thought they would. Krecji couldn't get a goal - what did the dude on tv say "puck watching" and Bergeron can not play every shift.

But if The Habs want to cry baby about no-respect (http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story/_/id/10935094/2014-nhl-playoffs-boston-bruins-brush-montreal-canadiens-cries-disrespect)

and whine water in the face, just wait to you get to The Rangers.
http://youtu.be/bLNr3jl1Ajk
Go Blue!

Deepvoid
05-16-2014, 08:39 PM
Meh. The Bruins were not playing well at all - they lost far and square. Really missing Seidenberg more than I thought they would. Krecji couldn't get a goal - what did the dude on tv say "puck watching" and Bergeron can not play every shift.

But if The Habs want to cry baby about no-respect (http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story/_/id/10935094/2014-nhl-playoffs-boston-bruins-brush-montreal-canadiens-cries-disrespect)

and whine water in the face, just wait to you get to The Rangers.
http://youtu.be/bLNr3jl1Ajk
Go Blue!

All I can is that Boston was psychologically affected by all the off-ice antics.
This article sums it all.
http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruins_nhl/boston_bruins/2014/05/buckley_no_respect_for_milan_lucic_s_antics

As for the Rangers, they are a much better match for the Habs. I called Habs in 6 against Tampa and Boston. I'll go ahead and call it in 5 against NY. I know that sounds cocky but I think the only team that can beat Montreal at this point is in the West. In my NHL bracket challenge I had the Habs against Pittsburgh with the Habs losing in 6.
Our best players will shine more against NY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zACGht3qfXA

Deepvoid
05-17-2014, 07:46 PM
Nevermind the above post ...
Wow .. I did not expect game 1 to go that way.

Dra508
05-18-2014, 08:53 AM
Nevermind the above post ...
Wow .. I did not expect game 1 to go that way.

A big come down.

icecream
05-18-2014, 08:12 PM
If they lost game one, I'm glad it's in a big way. Don't get cocky and respect your opponent, even if you will likely win the series. Only concern has been Price not practicing today...

Deepvoid
05-19-2014, 10:42 AM
If they lost game one, I'm glad it's in a big way. Don't get cocky and respect your opponent, even if you will likely win the series. Only concern has been Price not practicing today...

I such a different game against NY. I think Montreal was a bit confused.
They can definitely skate as fast as NY no doubt about it. They just need to crash the net more.
I believe Price is hurt and I don't think he'll play tonight. They just announced that he did not skate this morning.
Only skated for 5 minutes yesterday before optional practice.

blackholesun
05-19-2014, 12:33 PM
Sounds like Price is out for the whole series.

Dra508
05-19-2014, 03:04 PM
Sounds like Price is out for the whole series.Yeah, that too bad. Goalie getting hurt is really tough on the whole team. Just to give start a to a conspiracy theory: Kreider skated into Price. Kreider is a Boston native. :D

icecream
05-19-2014, 03:26 PM
It will be an interesting game this evening for sure.

Deepvoid
05-19-2014, 04:33 PM
It will be an interesting game this evening for sure.

Tokarski is starting the game.

icecream
05-19-2014, 07:48 PM
Tokarski is starting the game.
I thought it would have been Budaj, he had a good stretch in Colorado. Haven't really heard about him since.

Deepvoid
05-20-2014, 07:24 AM
I thought it would have been Budaj, he had a good stretch in Colorado. Haven't really heard about him since.

Budaj has never won a playoff game.
Tokarski never started in one.

At the end of the day, I didn't really feel like Tokarski was in control of his game.
He was kinda weak on Nash's goal. First one was a deflection and third one was a nice one-time from St-Louis who was standing by himself in the crease.

This is rough ...
I thought we dominated in the first. Lundvisqt was all over the place. NY is doing to us, what we did to Boston. Only difference is we do not have our #1 goalie.
There's still a lot of hockey to play. We'll see.

icecream
05-20-2014, 03:19 PM
If Lundvisqt keeps playing like this I can't see them winning the series without a equal or better goaltender. So many nice chances for MTL but the kept them all out, except one.

blackholesun
05-20-2014, 03:52 PM
Lundqvist is on another level right now.

https://s3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/aPSzCPtIzl.gH0by3iO5rw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9MTM2NTtjcj0xO2N3PTIwNDg7ZHg9MD tkeT0wO2ZpPXVsY3JvcDtoPTQyMDtxPTg1O3c9NjMw/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/sports/2014-05-20/3edc9ad0-e04f-11e3-ba1e-ff41b0922639_eKnD08l.jpg

I wouldn't count the Habs out just yet. 5 of the last 7 series the Rangers have played, have gone to 7 games.

Dra508
05-22-2014, 06:40 PM
[SIZE=2]Lundqvist is on another level right now.

agreed.........

Deepvoid
05-23-2014, 08:25 AM
Huge win for Montreal last night. Tokarski stole that one. This is far from being over.

icecream
05-25-2014, 11:33 PM
Welp.... Don't want to say they are done but it isn't looking good. Shouldn't leave one of the most dangerous forwards on the ice alone like that.

Deepvoid
05-26-2014, 09:49 AM
They had 3 chances to clear the zone and failed each time.
Not only did they leave St-Louis alone but the previous 2 goals were on 2 breakaways. Unacceptable.

But look, again we're clearly not the best team on the ice. We managed to go through Boston in 7.
There's one HUGE difference. We had Price.
I'm not saying Tokarski is not doing his job but losing a guy like Price affects everyone mentally.
Home game on Tuesday, we'll see what happens. My dad is attending and his record at the Bell Center is 3-15. I'm not even kidding. I'm not even sure why people are still inviting him at this point.
So things aren't looking good.

Dra508
05-26-2014, 10:03 AM
home game on tuesday, we'll see what happens. My dad is attending and his record at the bell center is 3-15. I'm not even kidding. I'm not even sure why people are still inviting him at this point.
So things aren't looking good.qotd......

Deepvoid
05-26-2014, 02:42 PM
qotd......

It's a curse I swear.
Whenever we get humiliated or when an important game is coming, people are calling to inquire whether my dad attended/will attend.

icecream
05-26-2014, 03:05 PM
I hope his record becomes 4-15... That game was frustrating, sometimes they looked like they could even the series, others it looked like they shouldnt have made it this far. I really hope someone gives their head a shake before the next game.

Dra508
05-26-2014, 05:03 PM
It's a curse I swear.
Whenever we get humiliated or when an important game is coming, people are calling to inquire whether my dad attended/will attend.

I hear you. The teams I root for often score when I walk out the room, go get a beer, etc.

Deepvoid
05-27-2014, 01:57 PM
I don't know if you've been following the LA/Chicago series but neither NY or Montreal are a match of L.A.
Kings are by far superior to both teams.

blackholesun
05-27-2014, 02:19 PM
The Sharks were up 3-0 to the Kings. 3-0!!!! Oh what could have been.

I'm pulling for the Rangers or Habs whoever makes it out of that series. I hate both the Hawks and Kings with equal vitriol.

Dra508
05-28-2014, 07:55 AM
The Sharks were up 3-0 to the Kings. 3-0!!!! Oh what could have been.

I'm pulling for the Rangers or Habs whoever makes it out of that series. I hate both the Hawks and Kings with equal vitriol.

I'd have to root for The Rangers or The Kings if they make The Finals. If Chicago and Montreal make it, I'll be at the beach.

Hockey in June is just wrong. ;)

Cat Mom
05-28-2014, 10:51 AM
Why do you guys dislike the Hawks so much?

blackholesun
05-28-2014, 12:19 PM
Mostly because of how they've manhandled the Sharks lately, especially the WCF in 2010 where the Hawks ended up winning the cup. I dislike the Kings way more than the Hawks though.

Dra508
05-28-2014, 01:55 PM
Why do you guys dislike the Hawks so much?Mostly because Kane is has mullet. ;)
http://youtu.be/dv3k92tguZ0

I mean come on - I root for The Red Wings if they were still around.

As for World Cup news.

Goldman Sachs' Prediction to win (http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/28/brazil-to-win-world-cup-goldman-sachs-2014)

Cat Mom
05-28-2014, 01:57 PM
I root for The Red Wings if they were still around.

My Wings are in a different conference now. Finally.

Deepvoid
05-30-2014, 11:59 AM
And we're done!
Nice run by the Habs. We will continue speculating about the end-result in the event that Price had not been injured in game 1.
NY was definitely the best team on the ice for most of the series. Terrible performance by the Habs last night. Looks like we ran out of gas.

A lot of players won't back next year. Vanek being one of them. Talk about a "no show" during those playoffs.

blackholesun
05-30-2014, 12:34 PM
Congrats to the Rangers. The Habs played admirably through this series, especially while losing Price. They'll be a good team in the years to come.

I have a feeling the Kings are going to win tonight...yuck.

Vanek is probably going to end up in Minnesota or something.

Kid Charlemagne
06-01-2014, 12:53 PM
Man, last night's Spurs game nearly gave me a goddamn heart attack. I scared off three people by yelling so much during the game. Then I waited in line at Academy to get my Western Conference Champions gear while drinking OE 800 in the parking lot. What a memorable evening.

AgentofChaos
06-01-2014, 02:04 PM
Tonights Kings/Hawks game 7 is going to be one for the fucking books.

blackholesun
06-02-2014, 01:05 AM
Lived up to the bill. 1st conference finals game 7 OT game since 1994 when...you guessed it, the New York Rangers defeated the New Jersey Devils to reach the Stanley Cup.
Kings/Rangers should be fun to watch.

Deepvoid
06-02-2014, 09:44 AM
Kings in 5.

AgentofChaos
06-04-2014, 01:10 PM
With no playoffs for my Leafs, I'd been enjoying the Marlies run to the Calder cup. Sadly that ended yesterday, with a game 7 loss in the conference finals to Texas. Ugh.

As far as the NHL, thinking Kings in 6 but it should be a decent cup final. Looking forward to seeing Quick battle Lundqvist. As resilient as the Kings have been, they got lucky against questionable goalies like Niemi/Stalock, Hillier/Gibson, and Crawford, and they won't be able to get away with some of those comeback shenanigans against Lundy. Given what they've been through its impossible to go against them, but it's not going to be as easy as a lot of people think.

As far as the NBA, I am ok with Miami three peating if it means the breaking up of the troika. That said, I am a die hard Raps fan but my favourite player in the league is hands down Tim Duncan. I'd really like to see him get ring #5. He is criminally under appreciated when it comes to being one of the games all time greats. Maybe this would finally put him in the conversations he needs to be in, although I doubt it. Either way it should be a fun finals rematch and I shall enjoy it regardless of outcome. If I had to pick, I'll go Spurs in 7 since they have the home court this time.

As I gradually shift to a 100% focus in baseball over the next two weeks, at least the Jays are in first place. It's still early but it's been a ton of fun. What a month from EE. He loves talking those parrots for walks. Joey Bats is ripping it too. Nice to see young guys like Gose and Stroman contributing. Going down on Sunday to see the Cardinals who are in town (was hoping to catch a Wacha start but doesnt look like its going to happen. At least we miss Wainwright too then). And how about Mark fuckin Buerhle leading the league in wins? 10-1, 2.10 ERA. I've always been a fan of his back in his white sox days, but the fact I'm getting to see a run like this from him in a Jays jersey is just amazing.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/cms/binary/9761002.jpg?size=sw320

http://memeguy.com/photos/images/edwin-encarnacion-takes-the-parrot-for-a-walk--11620.gif

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Lfd_fRg5uxM/UzzAfBwipnI/AAAAAAAAHR4/g3WuKdxQjPk/Joey%252520Bats.jpg

4.5 game lead on first place in the AL East in June? Awwwww yeah. The fact the Red Sox and Rays are struggling is an awesome bonus. Huge two games against the Tigers next couple days. Dickey hopefully pitches well tonight. GO JAYS GO

blackholesun
06-04-2014, 01:16 PM
Quick has been pretty shaky this post-season. I'm picking the Rangers in 6. I gotta feeling...aaand I probably just jinxed it.

Jose Bautista and EE have been tearing it up for my fantasy team.

Deepvoid
06-04-2014, 02:11 PM
Rangers in 6?? You're not jinxing anything, you're just wayyyy out there with this prediction.
I mean there's a chance I'll look like an idiot two weeks from now but we'll see :)

But seriously, Kings beat Chicago and Anaheim both of which are better than NY in my opinion.
I think it's not even close on paper.

blackholesun
06-04-2014, 02:45 PM
It is a little bit out there haha. I dunno. For as good as the Kings have been, the Rangers have been quite resilient and I feel they have more to prove than the Kings. Of course that means nothing and of course the Kings are way better on paper. I think it will be far more interesting than some of the pundits are making it out to be.

Deepvoid
06-04-2014, 03:18 PM
I hear you and I believe I'm being unfair with regard to NY since I'm still a bit pissed at the outcome of the previous series.
Anyways, good to have hockey back on TV. Should be a fun game.

dvdglss
06-04-2014, 04:01 PM
Kings in 7.

Heat in 6 (ooof tough call).

AgentofChaos
06-04-2014, 04:37 PM
Anyways, good to have hockey back on TV.

Where did it go?

Fifey
06-04-2014, 06:40 PM
The New York Henrik Lundquists will win the Stanley Cup in 6 games.

The Spurs will beat the Heat in 5 and Lebron will appear very sad and I will laugh. Tim Duncan is the Nick Lidstrom of the NBA. His class, skill, and intelligence for the game are unmatched by any of his contemporaries. I just hope a win doesn't lead to his retirement just to go out on top.

icecream
06-04-2014, 07:27 PM
I have a really strong feeling Lundqvist will win it for the Rangers. As BHS pointed out, Quick has been really hit or miss but he could equally put the Kings ahead. I can't make a prediction, could go either way.

Kid Charlemagne
06-04-2014, 07:29 PM
The New York Henrik Lundquists will win the Stanley Cup in 6 games.

The Spurs will beat the Heat in 5 and Lebron will appear very sad and I will laugh. Tim Duncan is the Nick Lidstrom of the NBA. His class, skill, and intelligence for the game are unmatched by any of his contemporaries. I just hope a win doesn't lead to his retirement just to go out on top.

Man, how I've missed you Fifey!

I don't want to sound ignorant of the Stanley Cup, I'm rooting for New York, Lundqvist has been insanely good all post season. Not many people are giving the Rangers a chance, but then again, they were a heavy underdog in the last round.

I'm not quite sure about the Spurs though. I obviously want them to win, but I'm already set for them to break my heart again.

Fifey
06-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Well, that's a great start for the Lunquists. 2-0 early. Woot.

Deepvoid
06-04-2014, 10:44 PM
That didn't last too long!

OT in game 1. Wow!

blackholesun
06-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Justin Williams seems to always be attached to big goals.

Dra508
06-06-2014, 06:47 PM
Well, that's a great start for the Lunquists. 2-0 early. Woot.

I want to have all of Lindquist's babies. I'm sure you do too.

/waves at Fifey

marodi
06-07-2014, 04:19 PM
Am I the only one who's going to watch the Belmont Stakes tonight? California Chrome has a fair chance of being the first Triple Crown winner since Affirmed in 1978. He would make his great-great-great-great-grandpa Secretariat proud!

edit: oh well, it was fun while it lasted...

elevenism
06-07-2014, 09:46 PM
i'm from dallas, so i'm a HUGE mavs fan.
But San Antonio is close enough.
And i love anyone trying to beat Miami.
GO SPURS!

Cat Mom
06-08-2014, 12:45 AM
Am I the only one who's going to watch the Belmont Stakes tonight?
I've been boycotting horse racing for a while after watching Eight Belles get euthanized but we had to watch this one. Forth place, ugh. But the Belmont is a real bitch. Such a great story behind that horse, though.

bruised
06-08-2014, 12:37 PM
Formula 1 in Canada today, love this circuit! #GoLewis

nothing8
06-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Formula 1 in Canada today, love this circuit! #GoLewis

I forgot to record it and from what I've heard it was a really good race. Currently 're-watching' it on the Live timing app.

bruised
06-08-2014, 10:36 PM
I forgot to record it and from what I've heard it was a really good race. Currently 're-watching' it on the Live timing app.

It was good, definitely not what was expected!

Deepvoid
06-09-2014, 11:22 AM
Great race indeed. F1 weekend in Montreal is always enjoyable especially when we have great weather like that.

Back to hockey tonight. Let's see if NY can rebound from those two OT loss. Will be tough.

Tough was an understatement apparently. Looks like LA will sweep this one. Incredible.

blackholesun
06-10-2014, 12:17 PM
Welp. The Kings certainly deserve it at this point. Doubt we'll see two 3-0 comebacks in one playoff.

fillow
06-10-2014, 03:24 PM
http://wp.streetwise.co/wp-content/uploads//2014/05/world-cup-2014.jpg

Sooo, is anyone gonna follow?

Fifey
06-13-2014, 02:40 PM
The Spurs are dominating. Tim Duncan just broke the record for most double doubles in playoff history and has also now played more minutes than anyone else in playoff history. Looks like it will be done on Sunday!

blackholesun
06-14-2014, 12:57 PM
Welp the Kings did it. Boo.

It wasn't as lopsided a series as many predicted either. 3 of the 5 games went to OT, with 2 of those going to 2OT.

Now to focus on baseball...well I've already been doing that. The A's are putting together another fine season. Everything has been clicking on all cylinders except the bullpen, but there is enough time to rectify that.

bruised
06-14-2014, 03:03 PM
Is hockey over yet?

Dra508
06-14-2014, 06:16 PM
Is hockey over yet?

Yes. It'll be back in a couple of weeks. :/

bruised
06-14-2014, 08:44 PM
Yes. It'll be back in a couple of weeks. :/
I know right, seems that way huh?

Dra508
06-15-2014, 07:45 AM
I know right, seems that way huh?

Yes. I know it's all about money, but it barely care in June about guys with metal blades moving across ice. Wouldn't it be interesting if hockey season was as short as American football's season?

bruised
06-15-2014, 10:55 AM
Yes. I know it's all about money, but it barely care in June about guys with metal blades moving across ice. Wouldn't it be interesting if hockey season was as short as American football's season?
Yeah, and they're even talking about making that longer!

Tums206_BFY
06-15-2014, 10:12 PM
Spurs are just balling out! What they have done the last few games has been nothing short of remarkable! One more quarter left in this game but I don't see them giving this away.

Deepvoid
06-16-2014, 10:45 AM
Congrats to the Kings and to myself for my stellar prediction! :)
Agree that it wasn't as loopsided as I thought it would be.

Looking forward to the draft and July 1st. Couple of big names are in play.

NotoriousTIMP
06-16-2014, 01:35 PM
Tony "Mr. Padre" Gwynn has died at the age of 54 :(

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/hall-famer-tony-gwynn-dies-cancer-54-24157522

Tums206_BFY
06-16-2014, 02:26 PM
Tony "Mr. Padre" Gwynn has died at the age of 54 :(

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/hall-famer-tony-gwynn-dies-cancer-54-24157522

Easily one of the top 10 players of my lifetime. Sad news.

AgentofChaos
07-06-2014, 11:00 PM
My poor fucking Blue Jays are crumbling right before my eyes... could be below .500 by the all star break. Cruel stuff.

Nice to see Buerhle get the all star nod though.

Kid Charlemagne
07-23-2014, 12:42 PM
Getting ready to restart the Fantasy Football this season. Let me know if you're in and what kind of scoring/rule changes you'd like to see this year.

themethatyouknow
07-23-2014, 01:04 PM
Count me in.

Piko
07-23-2014, 01:31 PM
Getting ready to restart the Fantasy Football this season. Let me know if you're in and what kind of scoring/rule changes you'd like to see this year.

Count me in as well.

Tums206_BFY
07-23-2014, 01:58 PM

I am down as well!

Fifey
07-23-2014, 04:34 PM

Sign me up! Work be damned, you can't be too busy for ETS fantasy sports!

Dra508
07-23-2014, 05:30 PM
Beantown Bears are in, but I'm re-naming the team.

Kid Charlemagne
07-25-2014, 02:38 PM
Invites have been sent out to anyone who was in the league last year, is there anyone here who wasn't with us last year and needs an invite?

themethatyouknow
07-26-2014, 01:16 AM
Signed up for FF. 1.21 JJwatts is a strong early leader for best team name. Wish I had thought of that one.

Dra508
07-26-2014, 05:38 PM
Invites have been sent out to anyone who was in the league last year, is there anyone here who wasn't with us last year and needs an invite?

Signed up.

Kid Charlemagne
07-26-2014, 05:55 PM
1.21 JJ Watts and Ladies and Ladies & Edelman are awesome, you guys always kill me with the team names.

Dra508
07-26-2014, 08:25 PM
1.21 JJ Watts and Ladies and Ladies & Edelman are awesome, you guys always kill me with the team names.

Oops, two times a Lady....

elevenism
07-29-2014, 07:44 PM
the dallas mavericks got tyson chandler back...we are gonna be contenders again!

Dra508
08-02-2014, 01:43 AM
Is the draft 8/31 Kid Charlemagne?

Kid Charlemagne
08-02-2014, 12:42 PM
Is the draft 8/31 @Kid Charlemagne (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=92)?

Yes, that's the set date I have. If this doesn't work for anyone, please let me know.

Dra508
08-05-2014, 09:50 PM
Yes, that's the set date I have. If this doesn't work for anyone, please let me know.

It's. Labor Day weekend, but at the moment I have no plans. Others might babe BBQs or something.

Kid Charlemagne
08-05-2014, 11:24 PM
It's. Labor Day weekend, but at the moment I have no plans. Others might babe BBQs or something.

I think my BBQ invite from you and J got lost in the mail.

Dra508
08-05-2014, 11:54 PM
I think my BBQ invite from you and J got lost in the mail.

Awwwww heck, he'll be probably running his fantasy draft that night which is an auction and for money. I stopped donating to that last year.

If and when I have a BBQ, you'll be invited. Now, if your broke ass car with the fish on it can make it north.......

Kid Charlemagne
08-06-2014, 12:04 AM
Awwwww heck, he'll be probably running his fantasy draft that night which is an auction and for money. I stopped donating to that last year.

If and when I have a BBQ, you'll be invited. Now, if your broke ass car with the fish on it can make it north.......

How'd you know it was broke?

Dra508
08-06-2014, 12:13 AM
Lucky guess ;)

blackholesun
08-06-2014, 12:18 PM
Just saw the invite for football now, I'm in!

Also, outdoor hockey game announced for San Jose in February at the new Niners stadium. Woo!

Kid Charlemagne
08-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Alright!!!! We got nine, we need one more to make an even team lead, or I'll have to boot Sin Eater, so if you are down to join ETS Fantasy Football, please let me know!

TheyCallMeDrug
08-09-2014, 12:06 AM
Alright!!!! We got nine, we need one more to make an even team lead, or I'll have to boot Sin Eater, so if you are down to join ETS Fantasy Football, please let me know!

ill play if you guys still need one. lmk the details

Tums206_BFY
08-29-2014, 03:32 PM
Fantasy Football Draft this Sunday don't forget peeps!

Dra508
08-29-2014, 10:24 PM
Fantasy Football Draft this Sunday don't forget peeps!

I'm assuming I can set up for Auto draft and then jump in when I'm back home.

Kid Charlemagne
08-31-2014, 02:43 PM
Tonight's the night peeps. Remember to set your auto draft if you can't make it at 6 PM CST, and good luck to everyone. And I can't wait to pick Josh Gordon.

Sarah K
08-31-2014, 03:14 PM
http://btn.com/2014/08/30/video-jordan-westerkamp-makes-behind-the-back-catch/

Just wanna leave this here... Haha. Quincy Enunwa was right next to me watching the game, and he was losing it.

Kid Charlemagne
08-31-2014, 03:44 PM
http://btn.com/2014/08/30/video-jordan-westerkamp-makes-behind-the-back-catch/

Just wanna leave this here... Haha. Quincy Enunwa was right next to me watching the game, and he was losing it.

That was an amazing catch. I just can't wait to see Michigan State kick Nebraska's ass. I hate the Huskers so much.

Sarah K
08-31-2014, 03:49 PM
Oh, no. :( Why is that? I grew up in Lincoln... Pretty close to the stadium, during the glory days of the 90s. So, it's just kind of in my blood at this point. I also worked for the university for a few years.

Kid Charlemagne
08-31-2014, 04:02 PM
Oh, no. :( Why is that? I grew up in Lincoln... Pretty close to the stadium, during the glory days of the 90s. So, it's just kind of in my blood at this point. I also worked for the university for a few years.

Back when Nebraska used to play in the Big 12, they were always a perennial to show up at the Alamo Bowl (which is my local bowl game), anyway it was the 2003 edition and my uncle (an MSU grad) took me to the game, wearing green and white and everything. Nebraska beat us that year and I had never felt so bad for a family member in my life. Not to mention, I'm in Big 12 country, so any school in that conference aside from Texas A&M (at the time, since they now reside in the SEC) was a bad school in my opinion. Fast forward to now, Nebraska is in the Big 10, same conference as MSU, and now they'll essentially be rivals.

Pretty cool you hung out with Quincy though, I'm hoping he becomes a nice option for what's otherwise, a bad Jets offense. As someone who enjoys Jets football, I'm looking forward to seeing how him and Geno Smith connect.

themethatyouknow
09-01-2014, 01:23 AM
They built the top group of RBs in the league, as they have LeSean McCoy, Doug Martin, and Ben Tate to lead the way.

and

Unfortunately, WR is the only strong position on Cracka' Ass Crackers. Fortunately, there's always next year.

Gotta love yahoo's draft report card summaries :D

Kid Charlemagne
09-01-2014, 02:21 PM
Gotta love yahoo's draft report card summaries :D

I think they gave me a D last year on the report card...and well. Not to mention the amount of waiver wire transactions that'll go on. I think the only position I suck at is RB, unless Ryan Matthews and Zac Stacy play better than expected.

Piko
09-01-2014, 03:00 PM
I can only imagine what my grade is... Going to be a very tough season for me now.

TheyCallMeDrug
09-01-2014, 04:07 PM
i got a B+ ! lolz

Mr. Blaileen
09-01-2014, 08:22 PM
I'm finished with my fantasy football drafts for the year, and as a die hard Packers fan, I'm beyond ready to go. Thursday can't come fast enough.

blackholesun
09-01-2014, 11:47 PM
I was happy with the draft. Probably because I made the draft instead of autodrafting. I'm about to clinch a playoff spot in my baseball league after being in last place for most of the 1st half. The waiver wire is magic.

Piko
09-02-2014, 01:04 AM
I should've auto drafted. That's how unhappy that draft made me.

Dra508
09-02-2014, 09:30 AM
i got a B+ ! lolz

I got a B. Projected to beat Sineater/Agent of Chaos. Weeeeeeeeee

Tums206_BFY
09-02-2014, 01:21 PM
I'm finished with my fantasy football drafts for the year, and as a die hard Packers fan, I'm beyond ready to go. Thursday can't come fast enough.

Your Boys are going down! :) GO HAWKS!!!!

Can't wait either should be an insane day in Downtown and during the game.

Got a B in my draft but honestly I am just hoping to do better than last years bottom feeding team.

decadent
09-03-2014, 05:22 AM
Anyone here playing the Fantasy Premier League game?

Some Man United fans around? :)

Fifey
09-04-2014, 08:06 PM
Happy with my team for fantasy this year. Super excited for the season to start tonight, but ever more excited for Monday night's Lions game. I've got them at 13-3 this year. Bold, foolish, and perhaps laughable, but if we can't do it this year, we'll never win the division.

Dra508
09-05-2014, 09:59 AM
Roger Federer is one cool ass mofo.

Omega
09-05-2014, 11:19 AM
Green Bay kinda got pwned, lol. Always like to see that..but also like seeing the Seahawks lose. Cool thing about this game is that one my least fave teams was guaranteed to lose:).

Been a Niner fan forever.. they keep messing things up right at end though. It'd be cool if Kaepernick wasn't as showboat-y..kinda is lame.

Tums206_BFY
09-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Slow start by the defense but they got it going in the second half! Packers shot themselves in the foot a couple times so that didn't help them either...

Great way to open the season though! Especially with the tough schedule we have and early bye. Go Hawks!

Sarah K
09-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Nebraska almost losing to MCNEESE STATE. What in the actual fuck? That was so stressful. What is going to happen once we start playing real teams!?

Jamal Turner tore his Achilles tendon. Kenny Bell hurt his groin and will be "day by day". What a nightmare.

Sarah K
09-07-2014, 06:22 PM

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/BDFD106AA71120467666839158784_251cc3d215d.2.1.4313 899743565042856.mp4?versionId=LpkxyQHX3E1JtDwr4v3S P0KG7qd8jouM

elevenism
09-08-2014, 03:03 AM
Good God romo sucks. The cowboys will never be contenders without a new quarterback. At least the mavericks roster is looking good.

Sarah K
09-08-2014, 09:40 AM
That new Ray Rice video that got released... Good lord. That is awful.

leo3375
09-08-2014, 02:41 PM
And the Ravens did what they should have done months ago: they terminated Ray Rice's contract. (https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/509043216977371136)

Dra508
09-08-2014, 02:44 PM
Guess I'll be dropping him from my fantasy team. Truth be told, I drafted him by mistake.

Sarah K
09-08-2014, 02:47 PM
I guess the prosecutor saw this footage already, and did nothing. How disgusting.

I'm really happy that the Ravens did the correct thing. If Goodell or anyone close to him saw this, he should resign immediately.

october_midnight
09-08-2014, 02:50 PM
Goodell just announced almost immediately that not only is he released, he's suspended indefinitely. To ever play in the NFL again, he'll have to full on re-apply. Good luck on any team ever touching you. I get the feeling this won't be like Vick, etc. He's done...nobody's going to want to touch him anymore.

Dra508
09-08-2014, 04:07 PM
Goodell just announced almost immediately that not only is he released, he's suspended indefinitely. To ever play in the NFL again, he'll have to full on re-apply. Good luck on any team ever touching you. I get the feeling this won't be like Vick, etc. He's done...nobody's going to want to touch him anymore.Eh, maybe the team in Canada who took Chad Johnson will take em. Montreal I think.

Sarah K
09-08-2014, 10:29 PM
CFL is honoring his ban as well.

Fifey
09-08-2014, 10:40 PM
I am very glad that Rice got cut and that he's out of the league likely forever. His actions were inexcusable, plain and simple. It really makes me glad to root for a guy like Calvin Johnson who has all the talent in the world, and manages to not murder people, carry unlicensed guns, make bomb threats in airports, and doesn't beat on women.

The Lions looked great tonight and managed to close out strong. I think they've got a real shot this year (and I feel less delusional saying that this year than every other year). Bold prediction: 13-3, Season ends against Seattle in the NFC Championship game.

Kid Charlemagne
09-08-2014, 10:53 PM
I find Ray Rice's actions despicable and glad they finally made a punishment that fit the crime, but I think it's a bit naÔve to say that he'll never be picked up by a team. I say the suspension will last one, maybe two seasons at max, and he'll be reinstated and sign with a team. Like the Vick situation, it's awful and there's no reason either of them should be in the league, but the NFL lets time deal with everything and unfortunately that's what we'll see here. Vick was out for nearly two seasons (since he was in jail, mostly), but was reinstated so close after his release date. Also, since no charges were pressed, it makes it even more difficult to imagine him being out forever. Ray Rice will do some counseling with his wife, do some bullshit press conference where he apologizes and cries and probably doesn't mean it, reapply to the NFL and will be reinstated after some time. If it were up to me, he'd never play another down, but Gooddell is such a piece of shit that he'll bring him back, unless he resigns as commissioner, which he should, and we'll go on with the "new" rules of spousal abuse that the NFL has mandated with six games for the first offense and lifetime for second.

Kid Charlemagne
09-08-2014, 11:00 PM
On a sidenote, the NCAA is just as bad as the NFL trying to let this Penn State bowl ban lift fly under the radar. I can almost guarantee that the NCAA waited for a huge story to pop up so they could pass this bullshit in to the sports world. Makes no goddamn sense why they'd do it right now, rather than at the beginning of the season or the end of the season. This has been one of the darkest days the sport of football has ever seen.

Tums206_BFY
09-09-2014, 03:03 AM
Yeah Ray Rice is a piece of shit for what he did and no offense to his now wife but she isn't a smart one either (sounds mean but I don't intend it to), but you are right Kid I could see him being out for the rest of the season and being allowed to return sometime next season or the one following. He won't be out of the league forever the league has a long history of giving second chances. What he did was despicable but what was also despicable was the response from the system and NFL (initially).

As for Penn State I always believed they deserved the death penalty, harsh but it could have sent a message to the school and others. SMU had it for something far less shitty than this in the overall scheme of things. Death Penalty isn't forever btw it's happened several times before. They should have kept the bowl ban and scholarship ban for the 4 years at least or like you said announce this shit at the end of the season but the NCAA found the perfect day to sneak that in... Hope they sent Ray Rice a thank you card.