PDA

View Full Version : The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Tums206_BFY
01-09-2013, 01:46 PM
Rumor has it that the Sacramento Kings have been sold to the Seattle based group for $500 million and expect the team to be in the city by next season. Still a developing story.

Pillfred
01-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Hockey? Yes!!!!

Presideo
01-09-2013, 11:36 PM
What other major sports league has cancelled games?
The NBA cancelled about two months worth of games last year and the MLB cancelled their entire postseason in the 90's due to a players strike. Don't get me wrong, NHL fans certainly have a reason to be upset. But considering they got away with cancelling an entire season without any severe effects, cancelling a few regular season games seems (almost) like a good thing in comparison.

Rumor has it that the Sacramento Kings have been sold to the Seattle based group for $500 million and expect the team to be in the city by next season. Still a developing story.
Good - Seattle fans deserve another team, and Sacramento fans still have a franchise nearby that they can support (I assume Sacramento is a stones throw from Oakland)

Conan The Barbarian
01-17-2013, 10:04 AM
Manti Te'o.

Creep or just one dumb motherfucker?

Im going with Creep

Tums206_BFY
01-17-2013, 01:28 PM
Manti Te'o.

Creep or just one dumb motherfucker?

Im going with Creep

I go with both. I don't believe one bit that he didn't know what was going on. Btw the DeadSpin investigative report on this story is excellent. Just bizarre man....

Dra508
01-17-2013, 03:16 PM
I go with both. I don't believe one bit that he didn't know what was going on. Btw the DeadSpin investigative report on this story is excellent. Just bizarre man....I only heard a piece of this on sports radio yesterday. How do you have a three year relationship when you never talked to or saw the person? i dun git it.

Annnnnd, hockey is starting. I'm so sick of hearing that The Bruins are going to win because it's essentially the same, a lot of them have been playing in Europe blah blah blah. No, really, they are going to look like sloppy old 1970's hockey players for at least a month or two, then it'll be spring and I won't give a crap about hockey, but it'll drag on until the end of June.

I'm really quite annoyed at the league.

leo3375
01-17-2013, 10:13 PM
Is it wrong that this is the first thing at came into my mind when I heard about this Manti Te'o thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjFPxrDWpUM

Fixer808
01-17-2013, 10:45 PM
They should have just let them train for a couple months and then had a replay of last year's playoffs right from the start with the same teams involved. Whoever wins the Stanley Cup this year isn't going to be remembered.

AgentofChaos
01-18-2013, 02:06 AM
False. Nobody looks back on the Devils cup in 95 as anything but legit. Ditto for the Heat as recent as last year. A ship is a ship, plain and simple. At the end of the day it's still a fucking grind to the last man standing. This season will be no different.

blackholesun
01-18-2013, 04:37 PM
Predictions anyone??

East
1. New York Rangers
2. Boston Bruins
3. Carolina Hurricanes
4. Pittsburgh Penguins
5. Philadelphia Flyers
6. Washington Capitals
7. Buffalo Sabres
8. Ottawa Senators

9. New Jersey Devils
10. Florida Panthers
11. Tampa Bay Lightning
12. New York Islanders
13. Montreal Canadiens
14. Winnepeg Jets
15. Toronto Maple Leafs

West
1. St. Louis Blues
2. Los Angeles Kings
3. Vancouver Canucks
4. Detroit Red Wings
5. Nashville Predators
6. San Jose Sharks
7. Chicago Blackhawks
8. Edmonton Oilers

9. Phoenix Coyotes
10. Minnesota Wild
11. Dallas Stars
12. Colorado Avalanche
13. Anaheim Ducks
14. Calgary Flames
15. Columbus Blue Jackets

Going to be a mad dash to the playoffs...but I still think the better teams rise to the top and the bad ones sink to the bottom. Rangers and Penguins will have the best records in the East. I like the Rangers just a little bit more since they have stable goaltending. Bruins shouldn't have a problem winning their division, even with Rask. Hurricanes will win their division. I think the Capitals will struggle at first with yet another new coach but they will still make the playoffs. I have the Devils at 9 but somehow they will probably still make it in even with the loss of Parise. Stamkos will probably notch the most goals again but the Lightning have too many holes.

Blues will be the best team in the West and they will be the most frustrating team to play. Kings shouldn't have any Cup hangover problems. Canucks will easily win the Northwest, even if they have goaltender controversy. Red Wings will still be good without Lidstrom and I would bet they'll make a trade for a D-man. Predators will be fine even without Suter, though I don't think Weber puts up insane numbers like he usually does. Sharks, Hawks, Oilers, Coyotes, Wild and Stars all in the playoff race for the last 3 spots in the last week of the season. Avalanche just aren't there yet. Ducks...nope. Selanne still does great though. Blue Jackets finish with the worst record in the league again and still get screwed out of the #1 pick in the draft.

october_midnight
02-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Free season tickets, lower bowl, 7 rows up on center ice? YES PLEASE. Starting tonight, baby!

http://ryanbright.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/canucks-bwg-logo.jpg

blackholesun
02-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Bitchin'! How'd you manage to get free season tix?

Sharks 7-0, best start in franchise history! Finally going to a game on Tuesday. LOL at Washington last place in the NHL with Calgary.

october_midnight
02-01-2013, 05:17 PM
My wife's uncle owns a property development company here in Van (which is great for our condo as it's one of his buildings too, lol) and he's often too busy to go with his gf. So, he dropped off the booklets this morning and basically said 'Alright, I get priority...if I wanna go, I'll swing by and grab the tickets. If I can't make it on game days, I'll text you in time so you can go. And I usually don't have time to go.'

'Works for me.' LOL.

And as for the Sharks...I don't wanna talk about it haha.

october_midnight
02-02-2013, 12:37 AM
Luuuuuuuu!!

blackholesun
02-03-2013, 10:37 AM
And welp the Sharks lost too, of course after making my first post about them this season. I really like Luongo, hope he's able to either keep the starting job or be traded to a good team. His twitter account is pretty funny.

Super Bowl today. I think almost every person I know (since it's the local 49ers) will be watching but I will be hiking hah.

Deepvoid
02-03-2013, 11:47 AM
How's Gomez doing? lol

Habs have a solid start so far. Just scored some sweet tix for the game against Toronto next Saturday.

blackholesun
02-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Gomez has been just fine so far actually haha. 2 assists so far and he's been solid defensively.

Iran_Ed
02-04-2013, 11:02 AM
http://www.theonion.com/articles/ravens-win-best-team-at-2013-super-bowl-awards,31147/

"Alex Smith was also honored with Best Actor in a Supporting Role"

Deepvoid
02-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Gomez has been just fine so far actually haha. 2 assists so far and he's been solid defensively.

I guess that's fine at $700k/year.
At $7.5M you would be cursing at him in your sleep.

blackholesun
02-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Oh I completely agree with that haha. He should have never been paid that kind of money in the first place (Thanks Rangers!). He doesn't have to shoulder any major load here. He's not playing against any other teams top 2 lines (so he doesn't even have to be that stellar defensively) and he's seeing 2nd unit PP time and actually finding chemistry with Havlat and Couture. Good times here. I think Clowe and Murray could be on their way out this season. Both have been just slow and haven't contributed anything at all, other than less than timely penalties and defensive miscues.

Fixer808
02-09-2013, 11:06 PM
4-1 Vancouver in the beginning of the third. I'd call that a pretty good lead.

Deepvoid
02-19-2013, 06:46 PM
My wife's uncle owns a property development company here in Van (which is great for our condo as it's one of his buildings too, lol) and he's often too busy to go with his gf. So, he dropped off the booklets this morning and basically said 'Alright, I get priority...if I wanna go, I'll swing by and grab the tickets. If I can't make it on game days, I'll text you in time so you can go. And I usually don't have time to go.'

'Works for me.' LOL.

And as for the Sharks...I don't wanna talk about it haha.

Have you been able to attend a few games?

I got tickets for Habs game against Toronto last week. Worst game of the season. Lost 6-0.
At least the food was free!

october_midnight
02-19-2013, 06:48 PM
Yeah been to about 4 this season so far. Off work in about 10 minutes so gonna scream home as fast as I can to catch the Canucks/Blackhawks game with the wife and some friends...

Free food at an NHL game? I refuse to believe it...

Deepvoid
02-19-2013, 06:58 PM
We have the "Desjardins zone" which you can literally eat all you want for free. Tickets are $289+tx though.
Got them from a lawyer.

So yeah, we got our ass kicked but I gained 10 pounds.

october_midnight
02-19-2013, 09:22 PM
The beers at Rogers Arena here in Van are $9.25 for a can of Budweiser. Shitty, domestic, Budweiser....nine. twenty five.

'Hmm...do I want these two beers? Or a case for home?'

Fixer808
02-19-2013, 09:32 PM
Pre-drinking never feels quite as good as when you're going to a game or show at Rogers. "I'm already hammered, I don't need your goddamn overpriced swill! But since I'm drunk I might buy one at some point anyway..."

allegro
02-19-2013, 09:35 PM
That Canuck who took out Hossa now needs to DIE.

Fixer808
02-21-2013, 09:38 PM
SUCK ALL THE DICKS, DALLAS!! 4-2 Vancouver in the 3rd!

blackholesun
02-26-2013, 01:40 AM
The Sharks are sucking all the dicks right now. Last place in the Pacific after starting 7-0. Chicago is just so fucking good this year. Kane is my current MVP pick. And how about that Hossa OT goal tonight. The Oilers are basically traffic cones defensively but still...damn.

Still good to have hockey back. I'm actually really excited about the A's this year. Everyone and their mom around here are Giants fans so I get shit about that.

How about Danica Patrick finishing 8th in the Daytona 500? I don't really give a shit about NASCAR but for someone who has as much attention and probably pressure as she does...it's pretty impressive.

Dra508
02-26-2013, 08:02 AM
Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
http://youtu.be/kCg4WkID2vA

themethatyouknow
03-16-2013, 04:41 PM
So does anyone want to play fantasy baseball again this season? I'll start the league if we have enough interest.

Deepvoid
03-16-2013, 04:55 PM
GSP!

Diaz is gonna be doing post-fight interviews from the hospital.

50 Volt Phantom
03-16-2013, 11:08 PM
I'd love to see Diaz tear him apart.

50 Volt Phantom
03-16-2013, 11:45 PM
I guess the "dark space" GSP was going to bring to the fight was another boring decision.

Deepvoid
03-17-2013, 11:13 AM
I guess the "dark space" GSP was going to bring to the fight was another boring decision.

Diaz did't even come close to winning a round.
GSP even stood up with Diaz and that little punk couldn't do shit.

I don't care if he doesn't finish his figthts. He is the best technical fighterot there. Like a scientist playing a chess game.
No one can figure him out and beat him.

50 Volt Phantom
03-17-2013, 05:56 PM
I'm sure you're not biased at all about GSP...

Regardless, if he's so technical and impressive you would think he could finish a fight for a change. It's difficult to do that when you're fighting not to lose and for points though, and that's what makes him one of the least exciting guys in MMA.

Deepvoid
03-18-2013, 07:24 AM
Of course I'm biased.

But in the end what matters is who wins and who keeps the belt. It would have been freaking dumb to stand up for 5 rounds against Diaz.
He took him to the ground within 15 seconds of the first round and it completely took Diaz out of his game plan. Even when he stood up, GSP looked better than Diaz in rounds 3-4.
Maybe he can't finish a fight but no one can't even get one judge to score the match in their favor against GSP.

Hendricks should be interesting though. He's a lot more powerful than Diaz and more well-rounded fighter. However, his cardio sucks. He would not have lasted 5 rounds against Condit.

october_midnight
03-31-2013, 05:14 PM
Oh my good god, Kevin Ware...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_sJP_0LHjA

thefragile_jake
03-31-2013, 06:17 PM
Oh my god, it makes me never want to jump in the air again. The only other time I remember being that disturbed from a leg injury like that was when this professional wrestler Sid Vicious jumped off the middle rope of the wrestling ring and had his leg snap backwards...but nothing like this where a man's BONE is sticking out of his leg. Horrible. :( There's a picture circulating online of him being rushed away with what looks like medical professionals with gloves on taking pictures of him. Kind of sick..

Dra508
03-31-2013, 06:59 PM
Joe Theisman's leg break made me wretch.

Fixer808
04-07-2013, 11:08 PM
Novak Djokovich rolled his ankle during a match my friend was watching, but managed to finish playing.
This is not him. If seeing the sole of a man's foot facing skyward when he isn't doing a handstand makes you ill, don't watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmmndTe_c08

thevoid99
04-16-2013, 12:26 AM
I know there's a lot people that doesn't follow college baseball and I don't really follow sports but I saw this link at the AV Club and... I don't fucking believe this...

http://extramustard.si.com/2013/04/11/this-is-what-a-box-score-looks-like-when-a-baseball-team-loses-30-0/?xid=ob_sisports

Central Arkansas beats Grambling... 30-0... one guy hits 2 homers and a grand slam.

dogsipod
04-23-2013, 09:57 AM
my isles are so close....

EDIT!!!!
WE ARE IN!

Dra508
04-24-2013, 12:48 PM
my isles are so close....

EDIT!!!!
WE ARE IN!Too bad you don't have Timmy Thomas. Oh wait, I hear he is a big, fat mountain man that you will never cross into your rink. Too bad. :)

blackholesun
04-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Congrats on the Isles making it back to the dance! I'm super happy for Nabby. I'm pulling for you guys in the East. Sharks clinched last night as well. Looking more and more likely that it's going to be a first round matchup between SJ and LA which should equate to a good series.

Crazy to think that Detroit could conceivably miss the playoffs after making it the last 21 years.

Baphomette
04-25-2013, 02:34 PM
2013 NBA Playoffs: The year Kid Charlemagne (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=92) gets his revenge.

Kid Charlemagne
04-25-2013, 02:39 PM
2013 NBA Playoffs: The year Kid Charlemagne (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=92) gets his revenge.

I attended last night's game. It was the first Lakers/Spurs game where Laker fans were quiet and left early. It's how Spurs game should be.

Deepvoid
04-25-2013, 02:44 PM
Wonder if the hockey Gods will let us have a Leafs/Habs 1st rounder. That would be awesome and a must see for any hockey fan.

Baphomette
04-25-2013, 02:55 PM
I attended last night's game. It was the first Lakers/Spurs game where Laker fans were quiet and left early. It's how Spurs game should be.

I'm fucked. (http://www.nba.com/lakers/releases/130425_blake_nash_meeks_injury)

Kid Charlemagne
04-25-2013, 02:57 PM
I'm fucked. (http://www.nba.com/lakers/releases/130425_blake_nash_meeks_injury)
I'm not ready to pull my broom out yet, but honestly Steve Blake had been their best player this entire series so far. His injury hurts more than Nash's.

Dra508
04-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Wonder if the hockey Gods will let us have a Leafs/Habs 1st rounder. That would be awesome and a must see for any hockey fan.Go Leafs! ;)

Deepvoid
04-25-2013, 06:22 PM
Go Leafs! ;)

Yeah... I will let that one pass. ;)

blackholesun
04-26-2013, 08:54 PM
Damn the Oilers are destroying Minnesota. Hoping Lumbus makes the playoffs. Minnesota

october_midnight
04-27-2013, 10:17 AM
My Packers picked up a nice addition to the run game with Alabama's Eddie Lacy. The fact that Lacy, who most viewed as the best running back in the entire draft, took that long to get scooped up was a shocker to me. Also, Rodgers signed the biggest guarantee in NFL history...62.5 million for 5 years? Sweet zombie jesus!

THIS IS OUR YEAR, BABY.

Kid Charlemagne
04-27-2013, 12:34 PM
My Packers picked up a nice addition to the run game with Alabama's Eddie Lacy. The fact that Lacy, who most viewed as the best running back in the entire draft, took that long to get scooped up was a shocker to me. Also, Rodgers signed the biggest guarantee in NFL history...62.5 million for 5 years? Sweet zombie jesus!

THIS IS OUR YEAR, BABY.
Lacy is alright, thought Monte Ball was the best RB in the draft in my opinion. I still think Green Bay needs to find some consistency on the D side, there were times where they just looked tired and got burned later in the season.

This has been one of the worst drafts I can remember though. Lots of good role players and pro-bowlers, nobody I'd exactly say is going to make an instant impact.

october_midnight
04-27-2013, 12:56 PM
Well, of course everyone needs defense, which is what everyone was expecting. Too many teams are offense-heavy, relying on just outscoring the other team instead of stopping them from scoring at all (see: Green Bay) but Lacy is more than just alright, he carries for deep yardage and he's big so harder to bring down. It's just what Green Bay needs; every other team knows GB has relied on Rodgers' air game so they've played safetys hella deep to shut him down, knowing that GB's run game was still kinda weak. Now I predict those safetys inching a taaaaad bit closer to the line knowing that if Rodgers can't toss it, he can put it in to some very capable hands.

Ruined
04-27-2013, 12:56 PM
My 49ers have put together a strong draft, adding to an already tough defense (2 pass rushers rated as first round talent) and now adding Marcus Lattimore, RB, late. He could be a steal if he regains form after his physical rehab. So, actually, I believe it's the 49ers' year and the first victim, again, is Green Bay. It'll be interesting to see how that low rated defense deals with Kaepernick, this time (Alex Smith beat them, last year). This should be another fun year!

Kid Charlemagne
04-27-2013, 02:19 PM
Well, of course everyone needs defense, which is what everyone was expecting. Too many teams are offense-heavy, relying on just outscoring the other team instead of stopping them from scoring at all (see: Green Bay) but Lacy is more than just alright, he carries for deep yardage and he's big so harder to bring down. It's just what Green Bay needs; every other team knows GB has relied on Rodgers' air game so they've played safetys hella deep to shut him down, knowing that GB's run game was still kinda weak. Now I predict those safetys inching a taaaaad bit closer to the line knowing that if Rodgers can't toss it, he can put it in to some very capable hands.

Lacy is good, I don't know if he's the #1 RB that they need. Him and James Starks are going to be productive if they split carries equally, but I think if they want to get some pressure of A-Rod (me being a Cowboy fan, I ain't ashamed to say that Rodgers is my favorite QB without the last name of Manning), they need a running back who can at least net 1,000 yards a season. To me that was their biggest offensive weakness last year was the lack of a solid RB who can take over.

As for the 49ers, Ruined, I think they've had the best draft. Eric Reid and Marcus Lattimore are going to be pros for a while. Their defense got better, and with Kap under center for a whole season, I won't be surprised if they're back at the Super Bowl next year. They also bent over the Cowboys with a trade for picks.

Ruined
04-27-2013, 07:19 PM
As for the 49ers, @Ruined (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=257), I think they've had the best draft. Eric Reid and Marcus Lattimore are going to be pros for a while. Their defense got better, and with Kap under center for a whole season, I won't be surprised if they're back at the Super Bowl next year. They also bent over the Cowboys with a trade for picks.
In all seriousness, I'm just grateful that the 49ers finally have a good front office, and team, again. Prior to Harbaugh/Baalke, it was a long decade. I cannot wait for the regular season to begin! As for Lattimore, given his injury, and from what I've read about him, I'm really pulling for him to succeed as he seems to be a stand-up guy with a world of talent and character. It reminds me of when the 49ers took a chance on Frank Gore, in the third round: The consensus was that he would have been a high first rounder had he not also suffered a horrific knee injury during his senior year out of Miami. Fortunately, he got the chance and ended up breaking the 49ers' career rushing mark. I love a good comeback story; hopefully Lattimore overcomes his injury. One thing's for sure, the guy works hard and he is a high character player. Further, with the 49ers' RB depth, they have the luxury of letting him rehab for a year. Glad the 49ers took a chance on him, as well.

blackholesun
04-28-2013, 11:08 AM
Sharks/Canucks round 1! Predictions later.

Fixer808
04-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Sharks/Canucks round 1! Predictions later.
IT BEGINS. I'm not too optimistic about our chances, but imagine if Luongo's last season as a Canuck ended with the Cup...?

blackholesun
04-29-2013, 02:42 AM
IT BEGINS. I'm not too optimistic about our chances, but imagine if Luongo's last season as a Canuck ended with the Cup...?

I'm guessing Lou gets the first few starts with Schneider being injured. Going to be a great series (still upset from the WCF in 2011).

Here's my predictions. I should note that I'm terrible at this.

Penguins over Isles in 5 (sorry dogsipod!)
Montreal over Ottawa in 6
Rangers over Caps in 7
Leafs over Bruins in 6

Hawks over Wild in 4
Wings over Ducks in 6
Sharks over Nucks in 6
Kings over Blues in 7

Dra508
04-29-2013, 07:15 AM
Wonder if the hockey Gods will let us have a Leafs/Habs 1st rounder. That would be awesome and a must see for any hockey fan.

Go Leafs! ;)

Yeah... I will let that one pass. ;)

Aww, I'm sorry. Bruins had to lose last night to get The Leafs and NOT The Sens. Too bad for you.

I on the other hand am going to disagree with Blackholesun's prediction for The B's. They've done well against Toronto this year - better chance, not the best. Lucic has to freaking play first.

Deepvoid
04-29-2013, 08:47 AM
Yeah, too bad. However, Boston/Toronto will be nothing short of amazing. This will be a physical series for sure.

AgentofChaos
04-29-2013, 09:01 AM
Putting all Bruins fans on motherfucking notice. Starting on Wednesday first you a get smack...

http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/suns-prod-images/1297393350251_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

And then you get a crack...

http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/suns-prod-images/1297217463325_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=420x

And then some brown sugar....

http://news.sportsinteraction.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1341/files/2013/03/maple-leafs-nazem-kadri.jpg

And then some fucking crow

http://www.thestar.com/content/dam/thestar/sports/hockey/2011/02/15/kessel_grabovski_dazzle_but_trade_talk_steals_the_ show/spkessel.jpeg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpeg

Leafs in 6 baby. We're baaaaaaaaaack.

Dra if you have the stones let's make some kind of friendly wager.

Dra508
04-29-2013, 09:27 AM
Dra if you have the stones let's make some kind of friendly wager.Hey sineater. I knew this one would flesh you out of your rat's nest.

I'm so conflicted since I know The Nonis'. How many years has it been since your guys made the playoffs?

Kid Charlemagne
04-29-2013, 12:37 PM
Of course sineater is a Leafs fan.

themethatyouknow
04-29-2013, 01:31 PM
Media's going nuts today over a gay player and Tim Tebow. Shockingly they're two separate stories.

october_midnight
04-29-2013, 01:36 PM
Schneider is practicing today, and they say if he gets a full practice in, expect him to start. Gonna be at the first game on Wed. night, can't fuckin' wait! CANUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS.

Deepvoid
04-29-2013, 02:26 PM
Leafs fans. Let's keep it real. Not only are you not getting aywhere near the cup this year but chances are Boston will finish you faster than Linsday Lohan snorting an 8 ball.

Dra508
04-29-2013, 03:13 PM
Media's going nuts today over a gay player This IS HUGE news

and Tim Tebow. This is NOT.

october_midnight
04-29-2013, 08:15 PM
Go Leafs! ;)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/945865_10151644750491803_1736042452_n.jpg

october_midnight
04-30-2013, 10:28 PM
Can't wait for tomorrow night, Section 116 baby!!!!

http://thehockeyguys.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/van-logo.png

blackholesun
04-30-2013, 10:52 PM
LOL Jonathan Quick.

Sharks Nucks will be a great series. Very evenly matched teams.

Deepvoid
05-01-2013, 02:55 PM
Just scored two tickets for Friday's game at the Bell Centre. This is going to be craaaazyyy.

Piko
05-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Poor Islanders... They might as well wave the flag.

LOL Jonathan Quick.

Sharks Nucks will be a great series. Very evenly matched teams.

In the last few years, it seems like they can't get past the semi-finals, let alone, past the sharks. It'd be nice, though, to see the canucks win the series against them.

october_midnight
05-02-2013, 08:15 AM
Can't wait for tomorrow night, Section 116 baby!!!!

http://thehockeyguys.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/van-logo.png

Well at least I had a good time and a few free drinks! Almost wanted to hug the people around me who paid over $300 per ticket in my section. As I said at work yesterday to a bazillion people who said 'It'll be easy!'..... 'Nope!'

Dra508
05-02-2013, 10:18 AM
http://2.cdn.nhle.com/bruins/images/upload/gallery/2013/05/167865070_slide.jpg
Not just one nut, but one leg wonder.
Too bad for Toronto. Not 6, I'll go with Bruins in 5.

Deepvoid
05-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Ference will probably get a 2-game suspension after his hit on Grabovski. Clear elbow to the head. That's the only good thing for the Leafs.

What about Pittsburgh. Who can really stop this team? Maybe Chicago. That's about it.

blackholesun
05-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Woot Sharks! Good to wrestle away the home ice advantage. Series is far from over though. Sharks won game 1 against the Blues last year and look how that turned out.

Pittsburgh looked scary good against the Isles last night. They even held Tavares without a single shot. Oof Nabokov.

Bruins looked great as well. I might have picked the wrong team.

october_midnight
05-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Sad Tebowing is the new Tebowing. (http://deadspin.com/sad-tebow-in-a-parking-lot-is-the-new-tebowing-487720036)

The Photoshops in the comments fuckin' cracked me up hahaha.

Dra508
05-02-2013, 08:48 PM
Ference will probably get a 2-game suspension after his hit on Grabovski. Clear elbow to the head. That's the only good thing for the Leafs.

What about Pittsburgh. Who can really stop this team? Maybe Chicago. That's about it.

One game for Ference and yeah Pittsburgh got something going on....

Ruined
05-04-2013, 12:36 AM
Let's see: The Golden State Warriors are in the 2nd round, the Sharks are up 2-0, the defending World Champion S.F. Giants and A's are in 2nd place and the 49ers look to be in the play-off hunt again (as for the Raiders, we won't discuss them). Overall, it's a great time for Bay Area sports fans!

blackholesun
05-04-2013, 09:58 AM
It feels so wrong to love Raffi Torres. But so right to love Brent Burns. Good times indeed.

dogsipod
05-04-2013, 10:58 PM
My isles probably won't win the series but they aren't scared of Pitts-puke. I can't find the article now, but espn did this little analysis piece when they finished the season going something like 13-0-5. They are the youngest team, the fastest team and supposed played the best defense for the last month of the season. Youth, speed, and defense can put a scare into a team...especially in a series.

blackholesun
05-07-2013, 01:31 AM
I think the Isles actually have a chance in this series. The Islanders have been way better 5 vs 5 the last 2 games. The Penguins just have an insane powerplay. I wouldn't give up just yet. Nabby hasn't looked great though. The Isles are going to be good for quite some time though. They have a lot of promising prospects and they are already a playoff team.

Sharks the only team to go up 3-0. This might be the most convinced I've ever been that they'll win a series. Even 3-0 against Detroit, I felt that they would win a game or 3. Bieksa talking shit today about Couture and Thornton embellishing. I'm not sure of that, but I find that funny since Vancouver has gotten a lot of shit for just that over the last 3 playoffs. These playoffs have been great so far. Very few blowouts and a lot of overtime heroes. Let's keep it going.

Long post, but I think the Leafs will take game 4.

Fixer808
05-07-2013, 07:18 AM
Vancouver should just start booking tee times right now...

dogsipod
05-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Even series mother fckers!!!!!

blackholesun
05-08-2013, 12:52 AM
Woo Marleau! Fuck you Roenick!

Rooting for the Isles the rest of the first round.

ibanez33
05-08-2013, 01:29 AM
SO HOW 'BOUT THEM CANUCKS, EH?

fuck

dogsipod
05-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Woo Marleau! Fuck you Roenick!

Rooting for the Isles the rest of the first round.

Been some insane scoring in this series. The LILCO Line (Long Island Lighting Company) is keep those red lights on baby! Awesome analysis by Melrose in this video (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/recap?gameId=400462023) (I smiled gleefully while watching this...its been soooo long)

He straight up admits the Isles are just winning this series with fucking will. Should be a 3-1 lead. Now it's a best of three boys. Take it to them. Make the Pens one of the most overrated teams in NHL playoff history!!!!!

blackholesun
05-09-2013, 01:35 AM
The Pens D and goaltending are so so bad. They are putting in Vokoun for game 5, but it won't matter much if the Pens D play like they have been since game 2.

3 OT games tonight. Kings, Ducks and Bruins won. Pretty much the opposite of who I wanted to win each game.

Dra508
05-09-2013, 12:18 PM
Bruins won. Pretty much the opposite of who I wanted to win each game.Heeeeey!

I started watching the Leafs/Bruins game well into the second period and thought the black and gold were doomed. It was fast and The Leafs, and their very involved fans, were dominating.

David Krecji is amazing and if I ever want one guy on the ice, it's Patrice Bergeron.

Oh, and I caught a bit of Rugby on the tele. Oh my gosh - hard bodies, hitting hard.

blackholesun
05-09-2013, 10:01 PM
I have a soft spot for teams that haven't made the playoffs in a while haha. Bruins probably have this wrapped up.

Habs are the second team done. Wild could be done tonight as well. Crosby's goal tonight was a beaut. Shades of Mario. I can see Pens/Isles going 7 now.

AgentofChaos
05-13-2013, 09:28 AM
You speak too soon, blackholesun.

Bruins fans... you scared yet???

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/946271_10151607133225199_223670092_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/969799_10151607100200199_1804123924_n.jpg

You fuckin should be. We're coming.

Dra508
05-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Ewwww, you scary. I'm going to go with what the color commentator said the other day: the leafs have to play like the bruins to win.

I'm sort of sad The Isles were eliminated. I'm guessing Fifey was a big fan too.

Fifey
05-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Ewwww, you scary. I'm going to go with what the color commentator said the other day: the leafs have to play like the bruins to win.

I'm sort of sad The Isles were eliminated. I'm guessing @Fifey (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=126) was a big fan too.

Big fan of Taveres. Dude plays hard, plays well, and doesn't seem to have the gigantic sportsmanship problems that the Pens do.

How was there no instigator called at the end of game 4 on Malkin? Those guys pull that crap every time they lose a tight playoff game, and they never get the automatic suspension that is supposed to come. Plus, did everyone see Morrow try to go all WWF with the slamming of the guy's head into the ice? Right in front of the ref. Call that stuff, suspend guys (like the rules say), and maybe the Isles take game 5.

Last night was amazing to watch the Wings start the game on time. The key to beating the Ducks is, and has been for a decade, to get their "leaders" to go ape shit and lose their cool. Selanne tried to take Patrick Eaves' head off with a cross check right in front of the ref just because he was frustrated. Getslaf, Perry, and Selanne all lack composure at the exact wrong time. They would win a lot more in the playoffs if they could just skate away and not take stupid penalties or get out of position to try and intimidate a guy (Pronger did that all the time with the Ducks). What a way to end the rivalry though.

Bring on the Hawks! Wings can get it done, but they'll have to get to Crawford quickly.

I see the Wings winning in 7, the Sharks winning in 6, and then the Sharks capitalizing on a very tired Wings team making its second California series trip to win the West.

I just hope the Bruins and Rangers can win tonight. Both should be good games.

blackholesun
05-13-2013, 03:55 PM
(http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/members/387-AgentofChaos)@AgentofChaos Well, I did pick the Leafs to ultimately win the series. Tonight could go both ways, should be a good game. Was crazy how loud the ACC sounded when Phaneuf scored. The Leafs can actually secure home ice in the 2nd round if the Rangers win tonight too. Weird.

The Isles are going to be great now they have some experience, and hopefully they can get a better goaltender. Nabby's just okay now and the Pens really had to rely on their power play to win this series the way they did. I thought the Isles looked way better 5 on 5. Tis a shame, but I really think the Sens are going to be a handful for the Penguins.

I really think the Ducks had no business being the 2nd seed, just as well as the Wings being the 7th seed. I think over a whole 82 game season, the Ducks would have regressed and the Wings would have probably moved up a bit. Still an entertaining series. Zetterberg was a beast and Datsyuk had some pretty pretty goals. That's going to be one hell of a series though. The Hawks had it pretty easy with the Wild. I like the Sharks chances against the Kings. It's going to be close, but I don't think it will go 7.

So far I'm 5 for 6 on my picks for the first round...picked the Habs instead of the Sens. I'm sticking with my picks and will go with Leafs and Rangers, at least one of the games going to OT.

Dra508
05-13-2013, 07:16 PM
Bruins are in big trouble. Seriously short on D.
Fifey. Welcome back you!

Wow, that was unexpected.

Reminder:

David Krecji is amazing and if I ever want one guy on the ice, it's Patrice Bergeron.

Vvv spoken just like a Canuck fan

october_midnight
05-13-2013, 09:19 PM
There's nothing as bad in sports as any Boston team winning anything.

blackholesun
05-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Ouch Leafs. Ouch.

2nd round predictions
Hawks over Wings in 6
Sharks over Kings in 7

Sens over Pens in 7
Rangers over Bruins in 6

Tums206_BFY
05-14-2013, 01:44 AM
The Leafs Bruin game was insane....after the Bruins scored the 3rd goal with less than a 1:30 remaining I knew the Leafs were going to find a way to blow shit and the game would go to overtime but man didn't think it would come true. Crazy game, Maple Leaf Square must have been a sight to see after that.

As for my yearly Thunder hate....good job Grizzlies one more game!

Dra508
05-14-2013, 09:52 AM
http://postmediacanadadotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/hkn_bruins_leafs_20130513_26910621.jpg?w=660&h=330&crop=1</a> (http://postmediacanadadotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/hkn_bruins_leafs_20130513_26910621.jpg?w=660&h=330&crop=1)
sineater

blackholesun
05-15-2013, 12:06 AM
Damn, LA was stingy tonight. Neither team really stood out to me, but LA's defense and Quick eliminated pretty much any second chances. They capitalized on two Sharks mistakes and that was that. Pretty uneventful game otherwise.

Deepvoid
05-15-2013, 11:49 AM
I haven't checked in with the Leafs fans. How are you guys? lol

october_midnight
05-15-2013, 07:46 PM
NBA officially votes to reject the relocation of the Sacramento Kings to Seattle. (http://nba.si.com/2013/05/15/reports-nba-board-of-governors-vote-to-reject-kings-relocation-to-seattle/)

Tums206_BFY
05-16-2013, 01:18 AM
NBA officially votes to reject the relocation of the Sacramento Kings to Seattle. (http://nba.si.com/2013/05/15/reports-nba-board-of-governors-vote-to-reject-kings-relocation-to-seattle/)

Fuck them! and Fuck you Thunder....Thank you Grizzlies! (No offense to anyone of OKC).....Seriously though wouldn't wanna take the Kings, Sacramento deserves them not the end of the world for us getting a team but it might be a while before there is another chance.

themethatyouknow
05-16-2013, 02:09 AM
Fuck them! and Fuck you Thunder....Thank you Grizzlies! (No offense to anyone of OKC).....Seriously though wouldn't wanna take the Kings, Sacramento deserves them not the end of the world for us getting a team but it might be a while before there is another chance.

It won't take too long for Seattle. Too big of a market for the NBA to pass up. There have to be a half dozen teams whose values would jump by 150million by moving.

Fifey
05-17-2013, 05:26 PM
http://www.mc79hockey.com/?p=6078

MATH! I really feel bad for Toronto fans after seeing the odds that their season would end like that.

dogsipod
05-22-2013, 11:52 AM
it's still too soon....still heart broken.

Stereo75
05-22-2013, 01:31 PM
I always thought Sergio Garcia was a cunt. This just solidifies it:

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/05/22/tiger-woods-calls-garcias-comment-hurtful

Good career move, dummy.

Dra508
05-22-2013, 02:04 PM
I always thought Sergio Garcia was a cunt. This just solidifies it:

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/05/22/tiger-woods-calls-garcias-comment-hurtful

Good career move, dummy.See I didn't think he was a cunt so I'm sort of disappointed. I'd love to chock it up to a European not having the American experience, but..... I can't :http://www.npr.org/blogs/codeswitch/2013/05/22/186087397/where-did-that-fried-chicken-stereotype-come-from

@dogsipod (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=480) My sympathies bro. I'd a luv to have seen The Isles go farther.

Bruins are making it happen. Claude Julien is one ballsy coach putting his fourth line out on the ice time and time again. The kids, and I do mean kids, they put on D because of injuries are doing all the right things. I thought for sure Chara would get over played and The Rangers would light them up for 4+ goals a game. Here's hoping they stay the course.

october_midnight
05-22-2013, 02:47 PM
Well, that didn't take long. (http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/22285572/report-alain-vigneault-fired-as-canucks-head-coach)

"Hey you!........you hiring?"

http://www.robthehockeyguy.com/wp-content/uploads/vigneault7.jpg

Deepvoid
05-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Well, that didn't take long. (http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/22285572/report-alain-vigneault-fired-as-canucks-head-coach)

"Hey you!........you hiring?"

http://www.robthehockeyguy.com/wp-content/uploads/vigneault7.jpg

Next is Luongo?

blackholesun
05-23-2013, 02:14 PM
Vigneault will have no problem finding a job. I don't think Vancouver's woes were on him at all. I'm pretty sure Gillis said Luongo is as good as gone next season.

I was wrong about the Bruins (once again). And the Pens. I think the Red Wings might be able to win their series as well. I'm liking the Sharks in this series. They've been the better team, but Quick has been absolutely amazing (whining aside). It could be 3-1 either way right now. Instead it's a 3 game series.

Fifey
05-23-2013, 10:01 PM
Wings! One win away from the Conference Finals!

Wings are doing a fantastic job of getting into the other teams' heads this post-season. Anaheim has a history of meltdowns and a total lack of leadership, but I thought the Hawks would keep their composure a bit more.

october_midnight
05-24-2013, 08:58 AM
http://i.imgur.com/B6D6Jta.gif

blackholesun
05-28-2013, 11:42 AM
Welp, we got two game 7's. The home team has won every game in the Sharks/Kings series, so hopefully that trend is bucked tonight. Game 7's are the best but man are they stressful when your team is in it. Win and go on, lose and go home.

Trish99
05-30-2013, 08:09 AM
I knew the Wings would lose as soon as I pledged my allegiance to them after the Leafs collapsed. Now I don't know who to cheer for. Anybody got a hate on for one of the final four? My support should guarantee that they lose.

blackholesun
05-30-2013, 11:14 AM
Out of the final 4, I really only semi-like the Bruins. Really hate the other 3 teams. The final 4 are the last 4 cup winners.

Dra508
05-30-2013, 04:01 PM
If ya'll don't support The Big Bad Bruins you are not my friends. :(

Kid Charlemagne
05-31-2013, 10:13 AM
I've been rooting for the Hawks since my brother moved to Chicago in 2009, so by default I've been rooting for them. So much to the point where my brother and I have matching Duncan Keith and Marian Hossa jerseys. I would like the Bruins to come out of the East though, can't stand the Pens, they give me this Miami Heat vibe. Though I won't be surprised if they win the Cup this year. I also really hope the Kings lose to the Hawks, not just because I'm a fan of Chicago, but I fucking hate LA.

Deepvoid
05-31-2013, 11:00 AM
I hope for a Pitt. vs. Chicago finals

Dra508
05-31-2013, 12:48 PM
I hope for a Pitt. vs. Chicago finalsThis is probably what it's going to end up being. :(

I hate The Kings too, mostly because a distant cousin is a fan and is still jizzing all over facebook about the cup win last year. Act like you been there - oh wait.

Trish99
05-31-2013, 03:34 PM
If ya'll don't support The Big Bad Bruins you are not my friends. :( Alright, I will cheer for the Bruins. Just don't blame me when they lose.

Kid Charlemagne
05-31-2013, 04:05 PM
I hate The Kings too, mostly because a distant cousin is a fan and is still jizzing all over facebook about the cup win last year. Act like you been there - oh wait.

Acting like they've been there before would mean that they'll start a riot. It is LA sports after all.

october_midnight
05-31-2013, 10:06 PM
Seahawks tickets acquired for the game against the Titans in October. Lower bowl between the 20-30 yd. lines! Cannot waaaaait.

go packers.

AgentofChaos
06-01-2013, 12:14 AM
I will finally poke my head out of my shame cave long enough to say haha fuck you fifey. I was actually cheering for the wings believe it or not as I was one of the only poolies at my work who took datsyuk and zberg. Rough choke job. Nevertheless I hope you are miserable you got off lucky in comparison.

I shall return to my cave now. You know I couldn't watch any sports for weeks? Still have nightmares. Get random mental flashes of the goals throughout my days. It's awful. I won't be right for a long time.

allegro
06-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Holy crap Hawks win.

Dra508
06-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Ok, I'm going to agree with Fifey. Cindy Crosby gets away with or tries to get away with such shit.

Fifey
06-01-2013, 10:32 PM
Ok, I'm going to agree with @Fifey (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=126) . Cindy Crosby gets away with or tries to get away with such shit.

I'm not "tinfoil hat" guy *all* the time. ;-)

Dra508
06-02-2013, 08:26 AM
I'm not "tinfoil hat" guy *all* the time. ;-)

Yes you are! Own it, embrace it, accept it. It's why we like you.

Honestly, you have way more experience watching Crosby then I do. Watching him try and start something with Tukka Rask really was ridiculous.

Fifey
06-02-2013, 10:41 AM
Yes you are! Own it, embrace it, accept it. It's why we like you.

Honestly, you have way more experience watching Crosby then I do. Watching him try and start something with Tukka Rask really was ridiculous.

He's a petulant little child who always tries to start shit when things aren't going his way. Rask should take a page from Jimmy Howard's book:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s06plozx9Q4

Deepvoid
06-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Typical Crosby when things aren't going his way.

allegro
06-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Holy shit Boston!

A Boston - Chicago final would be awesome, 2 from the Original Six!!

Kid Charlemagne
06-04-2013, 12:54 AM
Crosby's best when he talks shit to someone, then skates away, or talks shit to the opposing bench during intermission. Seeing the Pens get waxed like this has been awesome. It was a foregone conclusion that they'd beat Boston, and now they could be swept, the way they've been playing, I wish this series would end now because they've been awful. Credit to the Bruins though, they came in with a DGAF attitude and have been straight up tough with them the whole series.

Dra508
06-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Crosby's best when he talks shit to someone, then skates away, or talks shit to the opposing bench during intermission. Seeing the Pens get waxed like this has been awesome. It was a foregone conclusion that they'd beat Boston, and now they could be swept, the way they've been playing, I wish this series would end now because they've been awful. Credit to the Bruins though, they came in with a DGAF attitude and have been straight up tough with them the whole series.

http://youtu.be/xIoXx8R4K_A

And they say there is no fighting in the playoffs.

Deepvoid
06-04-2013, 11:06 AM
What a freaking nightmare this is turning out to be for Pittsburgh.
I despise Boston and hope Crosby and Co. will rally.

AgentofChaos
06-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Not sure if anyone cares, or maybe it happened and I missed it/wasn't invited... if so you can ignore this... but I think we should still carry on the fantasy tradition and do a baseball league for the 2nd half of the season. Basketball and hockey will be over and there will be nothing else going on. Just doing the second half makes it short, easy, and fun as the playoff drive sneaks up quick. In any case, if you are interested message me and I'll send you an invite or you can click this link http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/register/tos?league_id=213072&password=dogdays

It's pretty much the same standard set up as we have been doing, with at most a few small changes. Hope to see you there.

themethatyouknow
06-04-2013, 07:58 PM
I offered to start a league before the season started, but didn't get any responses. I'll be in if we can get enough people.

swindley
06-06-2013, 08:48 PM
What a freaking nightmare this is turning out to be for Pittsburgh.
I despise Boston and hope Crosby and Co. will rally.

Ahem? Boston-despising aside, you have to respect the way they have neutered the Pens' offence.

Fifey
06-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Rumors are swirling that Malkin is bolting for 15 million a year in the KHL next season. Penguins might be seeing their window close right behind the Canucks here...

Deepvoid
06-07-2013, 07:23 AM
Ahem? Boston-despising aside, you have to respect the way they have neutered the Pens' offence.

Boston has a remarkable team. To be hoenst, Chicago's team is very similar to Pens' and I doubt they will do much better against Boston.

allegro
06-07-2013, 09:05 PM
WHAT in the FUCK is up with this hockey game???

edit: OH FUCK YES BOSTON!!!!!

50 Volt Phantom
06-07-2013, 09:27 PM
This is thoroughly disappointing, I really wanted a Pens-Hawks final. Unless there's some miracles I guess I'll be cheering for Chicago since I fucking hate Boston.

Dra508
06-08-2013, 01:28 PM
This is thoroughly disappointing, I really wanted a Pens-Hawks final. Unless there's some miracles I guess I'll be cheering for Chicago since I fucking hate Boston.Luv you too MWAAAAAAH

I'm really sad for Gregory Campbell, broke his leg. Dude has a poor lot in life being 4th line on The Bruins and Colin Campbell's kid, but what a grinder. I'm actually concerned about not having him for the finals. Claude Julien loves to play him in so many scenarios. Gives the big guns a break.

allegro
06-09-2013, 11:29 AM
We were in the pavilion at the sold-out Sting concert last night at Ravinia and people EVERYWHERE were desperately trying to get a score. Only the guy with the ancient flip phone near us seemed to be able to get cell coverage (so many people use cell phones and the free WiFi at Ravinia, NONE of it ever works), so in between singing along with Sting, people were bugging that flip phone guy for a score. When Sting said goodnight, a bunch of us nearly RAN to Ravinia BBQ to sit in the bar and watch the two overtimes. Hilarious night.

Denim Chicken
06-12-2013, 06:53 PM
I very much enjoyed that heat beat down last night. I've hated a lot of teams in my life but the heat have to be the worst. Is there anyone on the roster who isn't terrible? Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Chalmers, Haslem, birdman, Battier, Allen, Norris cole and his stupid haircut. Biggest collection of sport douches ever. Go spurs!

Hockey news: hawks in 7. Go hawks!

Deepvoid
06-13-2013, 07:50 AM
Awesome win by Chicago last night. On a related note, I will not be productive at work today.

Dra508
06-13-2013, 04:59 PM
I fell asleep before the third OT. That was a battle of fitness - three OTs is kill.

blackholesun
06-13-2013, 10:43 PM
So game 3 is Saturday...har har. Fun game to watch.

Conan The Barbarian
06-13-2013, 10:46 PM
I very much enjoyed that heat beat down last night. I've hated a lot of teams in my life but the heat have to be the worst. Is there anyone on the roster who isn't terrible? Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Chalmers, Haslem, birdman, Battier, Allen, Norris cole and his stupid haircut. Biggest collection of sport douches ever. Go spurs!

Hockey news: hawks in 7. Go hawks!

How about tonight?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

october_midnight
06-14-2013, 12:16 PM
I'll just leave this here.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2787877/boshflop2.gif

I heard he's in talks after the season to join any soccer team on the planet.

Denim Chicken
06-14-2013, 09:04 PM
How about tonight?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Didn't get to watch but judging from the box score, no, that game sucked. And that Bosh gif perfectly explains my feelings toward the Heat. Utterly amazed Wade stayed on his feet.

Conan The Barbarian
06-14-2013, 09:15 PM
Didn't get to watch but judging from the box score, no, that game sucked. And that Bosh gif perfectly explains my feelings toward the Heat. Utterly amazed Wade stayed on his feet.

Everybody flops in the NBA.

I guess I can understand as I want the entire New York Jets and New England Patriots teams to just all die in a plane crash.

Dra508
06-15-2013, 09:21 AM
^^^^^Miami fan?

Wearing my 'Keep Calm and Bergeron' t-shirt today. Hoping for the best.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3439354

blackholesun
06-15-2013, 01:59 PM
Sounds like Vigneault is going to coach the Rangers. Which is funny since it's a very real possibility that Tortorella could coach the Canucks. Coach trade!

allegro
06-15-2013, 09:58 PM
Now THIS is hockey!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dra508
06-15-2013, 10:37 PM
Now THIS is hockey!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I called the OT goal going to Paille! yeah me. Coach has balls putting together three guys who play 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines normally. They scored both goals. Playoff hockey. Dammmmz.

Denim Chicken
06-15-2013, 11:28 PM
Hawks dominate the first and only had a 1 goal lead to show for it. Bruins completely outclassed them the rest of the way and especially in OT. Only a matter of time. Good thing Bollig dressed. Oh well, gotta get one in Boston.

themethatyouknow
06-18-2013, 11:25 PM
Wow, the fourth best coach of all time screws his team by taking out the best player in franchise history twice. How the fuck does something like that happen?

Hey Greg Popovich, if you're going to be such a hardass in interviews, how about not trying to be so fucking cute during the games.

Tums206_BFY
06-19-2013, 12:58 AM
IMO the Spurs lost game 6. The Heat played great at the end and made things happen when they needed to but man some bad coaching, shots, and missed free throws cost them a chance to be hoisting the championship right now.

I hate to say and I hope I'm proven wrong but this was the Spurs best chance slipping away tonight....The Heat with this win have the momentum for game 7. Exciting game tonight though that is for sure! Just some bad basketball decisions and play late in the game by the Spurs.

EDIT:

Heat win game 7. Back to Back champs.........Lebron MVP. My thoughts:
-This series was won after game 6
-Manu was dismal
-Danny Green couldn't hit a shot in the two games that really counted
-Leonard was beast
-Some bad coaching decisions by Pop especially game 6
-Credit to the Heat on winning back to back and being in the big show 3 years running....not easy
-Chris Anderson went from kiddie porn found in a computer in his house to winning a championship. Bird Man fly in any weather?
-Man do the Heat Flop a lot
-Rashard Lewis has a ring!!!!! One of my fave Sonics players during his time here!.....Juan Howard has two rings now ugh joins Adam Morrison doing nothing pays off.
-Ray Allen shot of the playoffs in game 6
-Stop the King James hate

Anyways Congrats Heat, the city of Miami and their fair weather Fans.... (I mean that nicely)

Denim Chicken
06-22-2013, 10:30 AM
The only thing the last 2 NBA finals have proved is that there is no god.

Hawks need to keep the momentum going and stay aggressive. Crawford needs a bigger glove.

thevoid99
06-22-2013, 02:48 PM
Fuck the NBA and fuck Lebron James. There's no honor anymore. It felt rigged once it got into Game 7 all because the NBA and their numerous sponsors want a lot of money.

Dra508
06-22-2013, 05:54 PM
The only thing the last 2 NBA finals have proved is that there is no god.

Hawks need to keep the momentum going and stay aggressive. Crawford needs a bigger glove.Both statements are soo true.

allegro
06-24-2013, 10:10 PM
Holy shit WE WON THE FUCKING CUP!

What a crazy surreal 3rd period.

Deepvoid
06-24-2013, 10:10 PM
Suck on that Boston. So freaking happy for the Hawks.
Hopefully, Boston fans are feeling miserable right now!

Sorry but as a Habs fan this is most beautiful day of the year.

Denim Chicken
06-24-2013, 10:16 PM
Holy fucking shit!!!! Cannot believe those last 2 minutes. Incredible! I said hawks in 7 but I'll take it in 6. Great final. Wish I were in Chicago.

thevoid99
06-24-2013, 10:22 PM
CM Punk also said the Black Hawks would win on 7 but the fact that they won in 6 is even cooler. I guess John Cena is crying right now.

Dra508
06-24-2013, 10:28 PM
Holy shit WE WON THE FUCKING CUP!

What a crazy surreal 3rd period.
Wow. Why can't a gawd dam hockey team play keep away for three lousy minutes?

Toews has a concussion. Fer sure.

allegro
06-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Fuck Chara. I hate that guy. Jerk, 6'9" hockey player, wtf.

I hate Lucic, too.

TWO GOALS IN 17 SECONDS, BABY!!

Denim Chicken
06-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Apparently this is from 2010, somehow i missed it, but it applies now so I'll enjoy it.
http://www.danslescoulisses.com/site/images/stories/new28/jquenneville.gif

Fitting picture for a Stanley Cup Champion
http://cbsdetroit.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/nhl-stanley-andrew-shawgtyharryhow.jpg?w=300

And this guy played with a broken wrist and torn MCL. Doesn't look like he minds much
http://sitracking.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/171466333.jpg?w=300

I also read Bergeron played with a a cracked rib, torn rib cartilage and a separated shoulder. Hockey players are kinda tough.

october_midnight
06-25-2013, 08:15 PM
Looks like the channel will soon be called Tortsnet.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/9398_10151696743322145_334542515_n.jpg

Dra508
06-27-2013, 07:35 AM
I also read Bergeron played with a a cracked rib, torn rib cartilage and a separated shoulder. Hockey players are kinda tough.
And a punctured lung.

I know this happens in football all the time, but dam, skating as banged up as some of these guys actually were must be really hard.

Congratulations Black Hawks. Bruins will be back to try again.

Fixer808
06-30-2013, 04:12 PM
Schneider to New Jersey?!

blackholesun
07-01-2013, 02:20 AM
Looks like the channel will soon be called Tortsnet.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/9398_10151696743322145_334542515_n.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfA06w2Ghq4

LOL Canucks at trading Schneider instead of Luongo. Though I feel like Luongo is way better than Schneider at this point, in spite of age.

Deepvoid
07-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Flyers just landed Vinny Lecavalier.

blackholesun
07-03-2013, 11:06 AM
Their D is extremely thin (though they did add Streit) and Steve Mason is the best option they have in net. And Giroux, Couturier, Schenn and Timonen all need new deals. Dunno is adding Lecavalier was the best option.

Deepvoid
07-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Habs who were looking to get bigger upfront have landed the only logical choice in Daniel Brière.... of course ..

There are rumors about Iginla and Bobby Ryan. Today should be interesting.
What about Alfie leaving OTT and going to DET. That's a shocker.

Dra508
07-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Habs who were looking to get bigger upfront have landed the only logical choice in Daniel Brière.... of course ..

There are rumors about Iginla and Bobby Ryan. Today should be interesting.
What about Alfie leaving OTT and going to DET. That's a shocker.
I'm a bit surprised The Bruins signed Iginla. Adios Tyler Seguin, you've been sent to the hinterlands of Dallas. Hahahhahaaaa.

Kid Charlemagne
07-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Alright bitches. Training camp is in two weeks, I need to start getting a headcount on who wants in for Fantasy Football this season. I also need a ballpark estimate on when you all would like the draft to take place. I want 12 in the league, I'll go as low as 8 and as high as 14. Let me know who's in.

blackholesun
07-08-2013, 11:34 AM
Count me in.

bruised
07-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Am I the only one watching Formula One around here?

Deepvoid
07-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Am I the only one watching Formula One around here?

I used to watch it religiously.
Back in the Senna days and then with Villeneuve. Back when it was actually fun and exciting to watch a race.

Deepvoid
07-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Sorry for the double post but since it deals with completely unrelated sport, this warranted a separate post.

Anyone saw Silva getting knock the fuck out by Weidman? Love that Silva was being cocky and paid the price for it.
Rematch looks inevitable. I don't think Silva will win the title back.

bruised
07-08-2013, 08:51 PM
I used to watch it religiously.
Back in the Senna days and then with Villeneuve. Back when it was actually fun and exciting to watch a race.
It's still very fun to watch races! About to get even more fun with new engine regulations for next year. Newer cars with less downforce will cause the guys to have to race a bit more. So much drama this season too!

Dra508
07-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Alright bitches. Training camp is in two weeks, I need to start getting a headcount on who wants in for Fantasy Football this season. I also need a ballpark estimate on when you all would like the draft to take place. I want 12 in the league, I'll go as low as 8 and as high as 14. Let me know who's in.
Count this bitch in. Dropping The BF's league. I suck at auction drafts.

themethatyouknow
07-08-2013, 09:46 PM
I'm in for ffb.

Kid Charlemagne
07-19-2013, 12:04 AM
Alright homies, I've set up the league, everyone who joined last year should be getting an e-mail with information regarding joining. If you weren't with us last year, PM me, and I'll give you the information to join. I have the draft set for September 1st at 6:30 PM CST, but I can change that if it doesn't work. Let me know if you haven't received an e-mail regarding joining if you were a part of it last year.

Dra508
07-19-2013, 11:54 AM
^^^ Signed up. New team name too.

Tums206_BFY
07-19-2013, 12:06 PM
Alright homies, I've set up the league, everyone who joined last year should be getting an e-mail with information regarding joining. If you weren't with us last year, PM me, and I'll give you the information to join. I have the draft set for September 1st at 6:30 PM CST, but I can change that if it doesn't work. Let me know if you haven't received an e-mail regarding joining if you were a part of it last year.

Awesome! Thanks for the email! Ready for another super serial season of FB! Need to start plotting my draft strategy!

Hopefully we get a few more people!!!!

Kid Charlemagne
07-19-2013, 01:18 PM
^^^ Signed up. New team name too.

As much as I love "Boston Tebow Party", "Hakuna Ma-Ngata" wins for best team name.

Trish99
07-19-2013, 04:52 PM
I'm in. I holding off on the name change until after we've drafted and I can dazzle you all with my clever word play.
Or not. Most likely not.

Dra508
07-19-2013, 09:20 PM
I'm in. I holding off on the name change until after we've drafted and I can dazzle you all with my clever word play.
Or not. Most likely not.

Biotch represent, plz

Fifey
07-20-2013, 10:59 AM
As much as I love "Boston Tebow Party", "Hakuna Ma-Ngata" wins for best team name.

Well, I do what I do when I do what I do. And by that I mean, a co-worker mentioned it and I totally ripped him off because it actually made me laugh.

Kid Charlemagne
07-20-2013, 01:23 PM
Well, I do what I do when I do what I do. And by that I mean, a co-worker mentioned it and I totally ripped him off because it actually made me laugh.

This is two years in a row where you've won the name contest, Stafford Infection was pretty amazing too.

Kid Charlemagne
08-03-2013, 03:33 PM
Reminder, we got a month till draft time, and we still have four spots left in the league, so if you want it, PM me and I'll get you hooked up. We have 8 so far, it would be ideal to at least get 10 or maybe 12.

Denim Chicken
08-04-2013, 07:15 PM
I know it's preseason but crappy football is better than no football. The Dolphins new unis are terrible. Where's the orange? They look like the Jaguars old unis. And I just saw the Jags new ones. Man are they hideous. Nice start Nike.

dogsipod
08-08-2013, 09:47 AM
time for another trainwreak of a season...
J-E--t---s Jets...je....fuck it.

Tums206_BFY
08-08-2013, 11:34 AM
I know it's preseason but crappy football is better than no football. The Dolphins new unis are terrible. Where's the orange? They look like the Jaguars old unis. And I just saw the Jags new ones. Man are they hideous. Nice start Nike.

Yeah don't care about preseason, I'm sure I will watch a few minutes here and there but you're right it just means the real thing is coming very soon so that is exciting!

I'm excited about my Hawks but not like the media who is over hyping them! Games must be won first. I hope for a good season.

and please sign up for Fantasy Football if you haven't already!

dogsipod
08-20-2013, 11:39 AM
two things...is the draft date for ffb firm?
can you increase the max length for team names?

Dra508
08-23-2013, 06:00 PM
Kid Charlemagne Commish - you gots a question up thar ^^^

Funny
http://youtu.be/6KeG_i8CWE8

Kid Charlemagne
08-23-2013, 07:42 PM
two things...is the draft date for ffb firm?
can you increase the max length for team names?

date isn't firm, if you have a better time, let me know and we'll put it to a vote.

I'll PM you when I've increased the name length.

Mr. Blaileen
08-25-2013, 06:55 PM
Really pumped for this season. The Packers should be great. And my fantasy lineup is looking sexy:

Russell Wilson, Adrian Peterson, Maurice Jones Drew, Larry Fitzgerald, Wes Welker, Tony Gonzalez, Tavon Austin, 49ers D/ST, Justin Tucker.

Kid Charlemagne
09-01-2013, 11:20 AM
Just a reminder, the fantasy draft is today at 6:30 PM CST. Plan accordingly!

Piko
09-01-2013, 11:51 AM
My laptop charger went poof yesterday. Ordered a new one, but I'll likely be screwed for the draft. Going to try using my ps3. If not, I'll deal with whatever shit team I get...

Edit:

Gonna draft on my phone. Wish me luck

themethatyouknow
09-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Son of a bitch. I totally forgot about the draft.

Fifey
09-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Damn, forgot about the draft. Seems I lucked out with a decent team though.

blackholesun
09-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Feel pretty happy with my team. I forgot about the draft until the last second, but got in.

Kid Charlemagne
09-01-2013, 10:49 PM
I got an okay team. I'm skeptical because I chose two Denver receivers, but I like my running back core of Charles and Forte.

Dra508
09-01-2013, 11:46 PM
I'm calling bs on the report card that yahoo gives you. C, my ass.

Tums206_BFY
09-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Are you ready for some Foooootball?

Season kicks off granted I won't care until Sunday when my Hawks take the field but still! Hope Ray Rice has a good game today!

TheyCallMeDrug
09-05-2013, 11:14 PM
weird game all around

Tums206_BFY
09-06-2013, 12:18 AM
Whoever has Manning on their fantasy team probably killed it tonight!

Close game at the half then the Broncos put laid the smack down! Flacco blew most of the game but I'll say his receivers didn't do him any favors either.

blackholesun
09-06-2013, 02:58 AM
Whoever has Manning on their fantasy team probably killed it tonight!

Close game at the half then the Broncos put laid the smack down! Flacco blew most of the game but I'll say his receivers didn't do him any favors either.

Machines of God had Manning...and Welker for that matter. Crazy game. Didn't think we'd see a 7td game in the modern era. But damn he has so many weapons.

Piko
09-06-2013, 07:53 AM
Machines of God had Manning...and Welker for that matter. Crazy game. Didn't think we'd see a 7td game in the modern era. But damn he has so many weapons.

Yes I do! Fell asleep during halftime... Never expected them to really blow up the way they did.

october_midnight
09-07-2013, 07:11 PM
DON'T LET ME DOWN, FELLAS.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1011862_10153198495535468_822360404_n.jpg

fillow
09-09-2013, 08:37 AM
[/URL]http://cs537110.vk.me/u16000186/docs/080225fa8c80/file.gif[URL="http://cs537110.vk.me/u16000186/docs/080225fa8c80/file.gif"] (http://cs537110.vk.me/u16000186/docs/080225fa8c80/file.gif)

themethatyouknow
09-10-2013, 03:41 PM
David Wilson managed to get me negative 2.10 points this week and I lost by 2.02. fucking autodraft...

blackholesun
09-11-2013, 02:16 AM
I was the one that benefited from that. I felt bad...almost kind of. We both had pretty high scores for the week. I think a lot of people though David Wilson was going to be good for them last week though.

So ready for the NHL season to start. No bullshit lockout. Fuck you Bettman. Fuck the owners who initiated it. Anyone interested in fantasy hockey? It seems to be our least popular fantasy sport here...well besides basketball. I'll start the league with enough interest.

Dra508
09-11-2013, 06:47 AM
I won my fantasy game against sineater? Wow.

I'm actually sort of ready for the NHL season to start too. I think I'm going,to watch a bit of college hockey too. Easy peasy around my 'hood.

AgentofChaos
09-14-2013, 12:36 PM
Wow, what a terrible start. Both runningbacks flopped, lost to Dra, and now I forgot to sub out Amendola so I got a big fat zero on the board on my way to 0-2. I mean my team was autodrafted, but I was actually pretty happy with it, so no excuses. I'll bounce back once baseball finishes up. That has my full attention right now, and I always get a slow start with the NFL since opening week is always during the Toronto Film Festival, so I rarely get to see any games and miss out on a lot of week 1 key pickups as I am at screenings all weekend. I did get to watch the 2nd half of the Pats/Jets the other day though. What a brutal game. Going down to Buffalo tonight for the Bills/Panthers game tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing Cam Newton play in person. I do that trip yearly with some of my works boys. We did Vick and the Eagles a couple years ago, and Brady and the Pats last year.

In hockey news, I am super stoked for the season to get going. First full season in a while, plus we finally get the Winter Classic I've been waiting years for, plus Olympics plus I'm doing a few road trips. Catching the Leafs in Edmonton, Calgary, Detroit, and maybe 1-2 more places in addition to Buffalo, Ottawa and Montreal (which I do every year). Plus I'm doing a VIP event with one Mario Lemieux in November, which is just fucking awesome.

Been watching all of the camp stuff on Leafs tv. Loved the additions we made this year. Big Dave Bolland fan, Bernier too. Hopefully we can get Franson signed and find a way to get him and Raymond under the cap. Does nobody want JM Liles? Carolina? Fuckin come on. Hopefully we can get Phil and Dion resigned before the start of season, I doubt we do, but it's so risky to leave it in my opinion.

I saw on Twitter today that Canadian Tire right by where my wife works was giving out free tickets to the preseason game on Monday vs the Flyers. Called her, sent her over, and bam, tickets procured.

Should be a great sports stretch for me this week;

Sun - Bills/Panthers
Mon - Leafs/Flyers
Tues - Jays/Yankees

Can't wait till October 1st.

http://wpmedia.sports.nationalpost.com/2013/02/fraser.jpg?w=620

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/12266843/20130413_tjg_sx9_706.0_standard_352.0.jpg

http://wpmedia.o.canada.com/2013/02/jk13_0209_habs_leafs_3483_25848319.jpg

http://www.thestar.com/content/dam/thestar/sports/leafs/2013/04/26/montreal_canadiens_at_toronto_maple_leafs_saturday _nhl_game_preview/leafs_canadiens.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/11508563/166531905.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Tums206_BFY
09-15-2013, 05:00 PM
Well I got murdered today in Fantansy football. Two of my players got injured early on and all my other players outside Rodgers have severely underperformed! Shitty Fantasy Fooball day but I am still hopeful my Hawks can win tonight! We shall see should be a rough game against the Niners.

dogsipod
09-19-2013, 11:00 AM
this no flex position is killing me...how did 3WR and no PPR sneak past?

Dra508
09-25-2013, 05:05 PM
Who's undefeated in the ETS Fantasy Football League? Fookin Tossers. BAhahhahhahhahhahah*

http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/streams/2013/August/130829/8C8781103-130829-miley-finger-tease.blocks_desktop_tease.jpg

*It won't last so let me enjoy my top of the heap status for another couple days.

blackholesun
09-25-2013, 05:32 PM
Up to third after a week in 8th. Feeling pretty good about my team as I think they have underperformed so far.

So ready for regular season hockey. Some of the pre-season games have been interesting, most notably the Leafs and Sabres. Should be a fun series to watch throughout the year.

My predictions for the new season, because can. *=playoff spot. Sucks to be a team in the East this season.

Atlantic
1. Detroit*
2. Boston*
3. Ottawa*
4. Toronto
5. Montreal
6. Tampa Bay
7. Buffalo
8. Florida

Metropolitan
1. Pittsburgh*
2. Washington*
3. New York Rangers*
4. New York Islanders*
5. Columbus*
6. New Jersey
7. Philadelphia
8. Carolina

Central
1. Chicago*
2. St. Louis*
3. Minnesota*
4. Nashville*
5. Dallas
6. Colorado
7. Winnipeg

Pacific
1. Los Angeles*
2. San Jose*
3. Edmonton*
4. Vancouver*
5. Anaheim
6. Phoenix
7. Calgary

Edit: San Jose/Pittsburgh final. Yes that's a homer pick, but I have a feeling.

AgentofChaos
10-01-2013, 12:37 AM
Columbus in the playoffs over the Leafs?

Go suck a fat one buddy. Why must people troll me like that?

Won a g note tonight betting on Rays and Saints. Heading down to Montreal for the opener last minute. Let's do this, frogs.

Dra508
10-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Columbus in the playoffs over the Leafs?

Go suck a fat one buddy. Why must people troll me like that?

Won a g note tonight betting on Rays and Saints. Heading down to Montreal for the opener last minute. Let's do this, frogs.I'll give you this - The Leafs should do well this year. Nonis is trying hard. I agree with blackholesun. Tough to be in the east, err Atlantic this year.

Pillfred
10-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Hockey? I think yes!

dogsipod
10-02-2013, 08:04 AM
where the best place to offer a trade in ffb? i have Julius Thomas on the block...sent out a bunch of offers.

blackholesun
10-02-2013, 11:31 AM
A lot of goals last night. Wonder if changing the goalies pads had anything to do with it?

Dra508
10-02-2013, 03:53 PM
A lot of goals last night. Wonder if changing the goalies pads had anything to do with it?I'm going to go with YES.

Dra508
10-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Girl fight and battle for first place in ETS fantasy football this week. Trish99 is going down like a prom dress.

Lucky for me, I actually noticed that Calvin Johnson injured and swapped him out.

The Great Destroyer
10-06-2013, 12:04 PM
I've got a good feeling my Red Sox are gonna win another World Series this year. It's already been an incredible turnaround, and they still have a ways to go, but the team reminds me of 2004 a lot. Would be a great story if they won it all after the disaster that was 2012.

dogsipod
10-07-2013, 07:53 AM
Srsly...A TE that is avg 15 points a week and no one wants him.

Kid Charlemagne
10-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Srsly...A TE that is avg 15 points a week and no one wants him.

I would, but I honestly don't know who I'd give up. My RB core is off limits, and I'm keeping my respective Broncos receivers as is. Maybe Cam Newton is what I can offer, that would bite me in the ass come playoff time though.

dogsipod
10-09-2013, 08:47 AM
if the season ended today the isles are a 4 seed! YEEEEEAAAAH! <lil' Jon style>

Dra508
10-09-2013, 03:14 PM
if the season ended today the isles are a 4 seed! YEEEEEAAAAH! <lil' Jon style>Let's talk in what? fucking June?

october_midnight
10-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Well, if there's one thing for certain, it's that betting against the New York Giants is probably going to be a safe bet for a while. A long, long while...

blackholesun
10-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Anyone else stoked on the Sharks start? Sigh, I feel like this is the exact same thing that happened last year. Though having Hertl being a breakout star is a nice. It's a long year, so we'll see what happens.

blackholesun
10-21-2013, 12:17 PM
Getting absolutely slaughtered in FF this year. With 2 injuries this weekend, my top 4 draft picks are going to be out for the season. Meh

Tums206_BFY
10-21-2013, 01:13 PM
Getting absolutely slaughtered in FF this year. With 2 injuries this weekend, my top 4 draft picks are going to be out for the season. Meh

Ugh tell me about it these last two seasons have blown. My players this year are under performing thankfully I am going to pick up my second win of the season barring a miracle.

Well at least my Hawks are 6-1 and got St. Louis Monday Night next week with out Bradford...Um

AgentofChaos
10-23-2013, 06:26 AM
http://www.nhlsnipers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/phil-kessel1.jpg

Phil Kessel with the hat trick baby, Leafs beat the Ducks 4-2 in Carlyle's first tilt against his old squad.

I was lucky enough to be in attendance tonight for the Selanne farewell tour. We played like ass for 30 minutes, and then played like dogs for the last 30. JVR was beastly.

Great night for Dion too with Yzerman and Chiarelli in attendance. Really hope he makes the team for Sochi.

7-3 tied for 1st in the Eastern Conference with Pittsburgh. Can't wait to get Clarkson back on Friday.

elevenism
10-23-2013, 08:18 AM
Anybody here get into Mavericks Basketball? im a MFFL...mavs fan for life. Rowdy, Loud and Proud.

Unfortunately, the mavs have been awful as of late. Do we have a fucking ball team this year?
it sucks that most of our big guns left after we won our one championship.

Will a team built around dirk have another shot, or are we going to have to wait for an entirely new generation of players?

Dra508
10-23-2013, 06:40 PM
http://www.nhlsnipers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/phil-kessel1.jpg

Phil Kessel with the hat trick baby, Leafs beat the Ducks 4-2 in Carlyle's first tilt against his old squad.

Good timing for Little Phil right?

AgentofChaos
10-24-2013, 12:41 AM
That's Big Phil to you, missy.

ericy210
10-24-2013, 08:27 PM
Anyone here just not give a shit about sports? Music, my harley and guitars for me. I don't think I could name 5 pro athletes. Is that strange for a guy?

Kid Charlemagne
10-24-2013, 08:58 PM
Anybody here get into Mavericks Basketball? im a MFFL...mavs fan for life. Rowdy, Loud and Proud.

Unfortunately, the mavs have been awful as of late. Do we have a fucking ball team this year?
it sucks that most of our big guns left after we won our one championship.

Will a team built around dirk have another shot, or are we going to have to wait for an entirely new generation of players?

Why Cuban hasn't blown it up to rebuild is beyond me. I'm a Spurs fan, so I see my share of Mavs ball during the season. It can't get worse than last year, but at best the Mavs are a lower seeded playoff team in a crowded western conference. Dirk is in the twilight of his career, still a very good and effective player, but he's not the guy from even two years ago. The defense will be okay, scoring will be middle of the pack, but I don't see any moves done in the offseason to make me thin they're anything better than a seventh seed.

Dra508
10-24-2013, 09:21 PM
That's Big Phil to you, missy.

Well, back in Bahstan they call him the one nut wonder.

elevenism
10-25-2013, 10:31 AM
Dirk is in the twilight of his career, still a very good and effective player, but he's not the guy from even two years ago. The defense will be okay, scoring will be middle of the pack, but I don't see any moves done in the offseason to make me thin they're anything better than a seventh seed.

Yeah, i'm honestly afraid that it's gonna be a LONG damn time before we have a real team again. I've always been proud when san antonio wins, but of course i'm prouder when dallas beats them. Man, i will never forget in 06 when we beat the spurs on the way to the finals. I went outside and you could hear the whole fucking CITY screaming! And, oh god, the victory parade in '11...i think half the people there were tearing up. there were close to 300,000 people there, and fewer than twenty arrests. and dallas is a ROUGH city.

I guess you guys are used to Spurs parades down there, but you gotta remember, we've only had ONE.

I agree with you, i don't know WHAT in the fuck Cuban is doing, man. But i imagine Dirk will be with the Mavs till the end...he was a free agent and turned down MORE money to stay in dallas. Have you ever looked at his stats? he's in the 50-40-90 club, third longest free-throw streak in NBA history, only player in nba history with 150 3 pointers and 100 blocks in a season...

That being said, the Nowitzki lead mavs went SIXTY SEVEN and twelve in 07 and then lost to the (obviously 8th seeded) Golden State Warriors.

So Mavs fandom has been a real fucking rollercoaster, but i'm a home-team guy. Shit, i just bought a fitted Dallas Cowboys hat and long-sleeved shirt, even though it almost PHYSICALLY hurts me to watch them.