PDA

View Full Version : The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Big Fat Matt
04-18-2012, 10:52 PM
obligatory post about the refs.

also, took the pens long enough to show up....

blackholesun
04-18-2012, 11:46 PM
The Flyers and Pens keep blowing eachother out. Hot.

Game 4 Sharks/Blues tomorrow. Stoked to go. It's like the schedule my tax return to come when the playoffs start. I'm calling it here: whoever scores first will win. Blues play strong when they have the lead and get away from their game when they don't.

Fixer808
04-19-2012, 06:15 PM
The Sedins are back together and Vancouver's got a shot! It's still a long road, 3 games in a row is a lot to come back, but still, with D & H and their twin voodoo working, and with Schneider acting like a brick wall, it's possible!

october_midnight
04-19-2012, 06:16 PM
#reversesweep

Dra508
04-20-2012, 06:37 PM
http://youtu.be/onFvwBuaM80

Fixer808
04-20-2012, 09:10 PM
Why can't REAL hockey look like that?

Fixer808
04-21-2012, 06:39 PM
I don't know if Luongo's time is up, but I sure as shit know that Schneider's gonna be starting way more often.

Dra508
04-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Bruins need some net front presence or they'll be going home for good.

Fixer808
04-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Good point. Maybe he'll try to get some interest in Florida, he and his wife live there in the off-season, I think. Or at least her family is from there...

dogsipod
04-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Bobby V might be done sooner than I thought. Let's go Yankees!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dra508
04-22-2012, 04:59 PM
Bobby V might be done sooner than I thought.You sir, might be right. Have a sammich.

Fixer808
04-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Gettin' nervous, still a long road ahead, game 5 tonight! If they're smart they'll start Schneider.

Cat Mom
04-23-2012, 10:45 PM
My husband is yelling negative whiny language at the television screen. Sending a bad mojo, dude! Bad negative vibes!

Hawks still hanging in there. I hope this goes into overtime!

Edit: oh well, the Coyotes are clearly the better team, with a gladiator goalie.

nineinchtool
04-24-2012, 12:43 AM
COYOTES!!!!!!

Round 2 feels so great...25 years is a long time to go without winning a series. Regardless of what's going on with the ownership and whatever will happen next year, this is so awesome for Coyotes fans.

Smith was a BEAST in game 6...they won that game because he keep them alive in that god-awful 1st period. Can't wait to see what they can do against the Preds!

Congrats to the Hawks for the insane series...those 5 overtime games were ridiculous and what hockey's all about

Cat Mom
04-24-2012, 09:32 AM
Congrats to the Hawks for the insane series...those 5 overtime games were ridiculous and what hockey's all about
Exactly! Thank you! That's what I've been saying to these whiney fans, "but, we didn't WIN." But, your team played a good series in the playoffs! Those were good games, weren't humiliating or anything! stfu, already! Sheesh.

Personally, I'm rooting for the Blues. My first hockey game at the old Olympia stadium was the Wings vs. the Blues. The Blues have NEVER won a cup? They've been in the NHL since 1967?

blackholesun
04-24-2012, 02:46 PM
No one is going to be able to score in round 2 in the west haha. Congrats to all the teams. All these teams haven't had any success recently (besides the Preds last year).

So far out of the I'm a terrible 3-2 so far in guessing the winners. If the Panthers, Sens and Capitals win, we could have 7 of 8 teams who have never won the cup before.

Dra508
04-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Seguin > Ovi.

Clutch kid. I actually can't wait for tomorrow night's game 7, Bruins v. Caps. I might even have to go out to a pub and watch with others.

As for other sports, I'm going to the US Tennis Open in NYC in September. I haven't been since I was a teen.

october_midnight
04-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Couldn't help myself.

https://p.twimg.com/ArX8svYCQAA4to6.jpg

Callahan
04-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Couldn't help myself.

ha! that's awesome!

but...I was really hoping Boston would take that serious. For some reason, I really don't want Ovechkin to make it deep into the playoffs.

october_midnight
04-26-2012, 11:30 AM
Luongo has asked to be traded, #1 choice apparently Toronto, #2 is Tampa Bay. At least that means we'll toss a pantload of money at Schneider.

SCHNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

blackholesun
04-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Can't believe Washington won. Really didn't think they had it in them at the start of these playoffs but somehow they pulled it off.

2 game 7's tonight. I'll be switching back and forth. I'm rooting for the Sens and Panthers.

october_midnight
04-26-2012, 12:20 PM
Stay classy, Boston. (http://chirpstory.com/li/6781)

Dra508
04-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Stay classy, Boston. (http://chirpstory.com/li/6781)Wow.

I was sort of stoked that Ward scored. Anyone, but Ovi really.

Now, I have to go cheer for The Rangers.

Conan The Barbarian
04-27-2012, 12:10 AM
Stay classy, Boston. (http://chirpstory.com/li/6781)

Absolutely disgusting.

LETS GO PANTHERS!!!!!

this game is giving me a heart attack. I had an invite to go to this game too. I had to work. oh well.

blackholesun
04-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Went 5 for 8 on predictions for the first round. Not good haha.

Next round:

(1) New York Rangers vs (7) Washington Capitals
(5) Philadelphia Flyers vs (6) New Jersey Devils

(2) St. Louis Blues vs (8) Los Angeles Kings
(3) Phoenix Coyotes vs (4) Nashville Predators

october_midnight
04-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Went 5 for 8 on predictions for the first round. Not good haha.

For the playoffs this year, I'd probably venture to say you did pretty damn good. I imagine there's a thousand hockey pools now full of guys scratching their heads after what's gone down. Also, I pretty much agree with your next round picks other than L.A. beating St. Louis. The Blues are hungry this year, I see them goin' deep.

AgentofChaos
05-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Dying to see a Flyers/Kings finals, and I am fan of neither team. There would be some great stories fleshed out in that series.

Hope Luongo ends up in Toronto. In Vancouver, if he doesn't win the cup he's a bum, in Toronto if he gets in at #8, he'll be a fucking hero.

In other news, can the fantasy baseball commish get their heads out of the ass please and fix the playoffs? Fucking BUSH LEAGUE.

Dra508
05-02-2012, 07:44 AM
Can't believe Washington won. Really didn't think they had it in them at the start of these playoffs but somehow they pulled it off.

2 game 7's tonight. I'll be switching back and forth. I'm rooting for the Sens and Panthers.I attribute this to coaching. That Caps coach has the balls to bench Ovi. And then after making Ovi part of the Borg, he keeps on the bench to confuse The Rangers, and it worked. I'm impressed. I still don't think The Caps will walk away from the series, but they are going to wear down The Rangers so who ever gets em in the finals will have a fighting chance.

And The Truth Tebowed.
http://youtu.be/HdB7vCNr5VM

Fifey
05-03-2012, 06:55 PM
In other news, can the fantasy baseball commish get their heads out of the ass please and fix the playoffs? Fucking BUSH LEAGUE.

For medical reasons I'm not going to talk about, I haven't been monitoring the baseball league with any regularity and didn't catch the playoff thing when I set it up. I will address it as soon as I can, certainly before the playoffs start. Chill.

Triple OT game last night was fantastic, and the right team won. Can *nobody* win the West? I dislike all the remaining teams and don't want any of them sniffing the Cup.

blackholesun
05-04-2012, 08:26 AM
I don't look all that dumb for picking L.A. to beat the Blues now. How about the Devils making a run against Philly? Oh man a Rangers/Devils series would be great. At this point I see the Kings and Rangers as the frontrunners even though L.A. is just the "8th" seed.

AgentofChaos
05-09-2012, 12:15 AM
Josh Hamilton.

That is all.

AgentofChaos
05-17-2012, 02:48 PM
So is anyone enjoying being used as toilet paper I wipe my ass with in the fantasy baseball league or what? How is possible for everyone to be so shit except for me?

Bow down to your fantasy god.

Dra508
05-17-2012, 03:04 PM
You're that sineater guy aren't you?

I need to pay attention the NHL playoffs. I would love to see a Rangers- Kings final. Then the talking heads will go on and on about the bi-coastal fatigue. East coasters surprisingly do better so, Rangers win.

AgentofChaos
05-17-2012, 04:18 PM
I'm not sure who this 'sineater' character is, but if he is known for being legendarily money at fantasy baseball, and it sounds like he was, then I shall take that as a compliment. A thank you.

Tums206_BFY
05-19-2012, 06:18 PM
Y if you are still out there....I love you man!!!! best day in my footy life CHELSEA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!!!!! Can't wait to hopefully see them in July here in Seattle!!!!

Can't stop crying so amazing!!!!!!!!!

Tums206_BFY
05-29-2012, 07:44 PM
Forgot to do it before the series started but as always here is my obligatory yearly Thunders hate comment:

Go Spurs!!!!!!! I will never ever and I mean ever cheer for the Thunder! I respect their squad which is one of the best in the NBA but they are that "Team". Never going to forget that even if we ever land another NBA team (my dislike for them will go down extremely in that case but never end).

So I'm calling Spurs in 6!

Archive_Reports
05-29-2012, 09:29 PM
Forgot to do it before the series started but as always here is my obligatory yearly Thunders hate comment:

Go Spurs!!!!!!! I will never ever and I mean ever cheer for the Thunder! I respect their squad which is one of the best in the NBA but they are that "Team". Never going to forget that even if we ever land another NBA team (my dislike for them will go down extremely in that case but never end).

I really enjoy watching the Thunder play and Kevin Durant seems like the exact guy you would want leading your franchise, so I should be cheering for them. However, I feel like the Spurs have a better chance to take down the Heat and that's really what I'm interested in.

Fifey
05-29-2012, 09:29 PM

The way they looked in game one, and the way they look tonight, I'd put money on them not losing at. 4-0, 4-0, 4-0, 4-0. This team is playing some of the best basketball I've seen in over a decade

Big Fat Matt
05-30-2012, 05:07 PM
Kings in four. Quick for president.

Dra508
05-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Kings in four. Quick for president.I'm going with Kings in 6.

october_midnight
05-30-2012, 10:04 PM
On a related NHL slant, reports coming in hot that Luongo is headed to Toronto with a deal in place no later than July 1st.

Kid Charlemagne
05-30-2012, 10:14 PM
The way they looked in game one, and the way they look tonight, I'd put money on them not losing at. 4-0, 4-0, 4-0, 4-0. This team is playing some of the best basketball I've seen in over a decade

I think they'll win the championship, but I think they'll lose tomorrow and maybe a couple to Miami in the finals. That being said, this run has just been amazing to watch, and just when I think the streak is going to end, Parker or Ginobili have a ridiculous 4th quarter. It's special to watch though, these guys are playing at a different level and I don't think I've seen any team play quite like this where they're just so focused on winning and can beat you in a defensive struggle and a run and gun team. Watch the Spurs along the way because what they're doing and how they're playing will never be seen again in this league of me first players.

Fixer808
05-31-2012, 01:51 PM
On a related NHL slant, reports coming in hot that Luongo is headed to Toronto with a deal in place no later than July 1st.
Damn, we wanted to keep Schneider, but this is just cruel...

Kid Charlemagne
06-01-2012, 12:49 PM
I think they'll win the championship, but I think they'll lose tomorrow and maybe a couple to Miami in the finals. That being said, this run has just been amazing to watch, and just when I think the streak is going to end, Parker or Ginobili have a ridiculous 4th quarter. It's special to watch though, these guys are playing at a different level and I don't think I've seen any team play quite like this where they're just so focused on winning and can beat you in a defensive struggle and a run and gun team. Watch the Spurs along the way because what they're doing and how they're playing will never be seen again in this league of me first players.
Knew we would lose last night, but I'm actually worried. I still think Oklahoma can win this series outright. It looks like fans outside of San Antonio are really hopeful that the Spurs can pull it off and win, bu I'm skeptical. I never really fell in love with this team and I think we're extremely vulnerable. I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit to see Oklahoma still win this series.

october_midnight
06-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Watched the last half of the game. Thought I accidentally turned to Home and Garden or something with all those bricks the Spurs were tossin' out.

Dra508
06-04-2012, 06:31 PM
The guys on TNT getting all worked up about how amazing Rondo is. I'm thinking, the guy does what he does because he's not afraid. He's such an angry dude, he doesn't give a shit - yeah,I;m going to bounce pass this ball to Pierce right in all that traffic. Dude gets lucky and Magic Johnson is cumming all over himself.

Don't get me wrong, I like The Celts, they are "my team". KG is mah man and Rondo and him have to play together to win. Dwayne Wade has to disappear and crawl up in a ball too. At least I get to see them play two more times this year.

Archive_Reports
06-06-2012, 09:56 AM
The guys on TNT getting all worked up about how amazing Rondo is. I'm thinking, the guy does what he does because he's not afraid. He's such an angry dude, he doesn't give a shit - yeah,I;m going to bounce pass this ball to Pierce right in all that traffic. Dude gets lucky and Magic Johnson is cumming all over himself.

Don't get me wrong, I like The Celts, they are "my team". KG is mah man and Rondo and him have to play together to win. Dwayne Wade has to disappear and crawl up in a ball too. At least I get to see them play two more times this year.

That's what's great - or terrible, depending on your level of "basketball purity" - about Rondo. He doesn't have any fear when he plays. He's always played with a chip on his shoulder and acted like it's him and his team against the world. The passion is awesome. Can't wait to see them close it out at home.

In other news, I'm so bummed to watch the Devils get the piss kicked out of them. I didn't start getting back into hockey until this year, but I've always liked Kovalchuk.

Fixer808
06-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Well, looks like LA will be winning the Stanley Cup tonight the way they've been walking over Jersey. Even if they lose tonight, Jersey'd need another three straight wins.

Tums206_BFY
06-06-2012, 11:43 PM
There is no god....

Fucking ill at the moment!

C'mon Heat or Celtics!!!!

Cat Mom
06-11-2012, 10:46 PM
holy shit, L.A. is gonna win the fucking Stanley Cup!!

blackholesun
06-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Congrats to the Kings and their fans. Much deserved. Crazy how dominant they were this playoffs after a lackluster season in which they barely even made the playoffs.

Goldfoot
06-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Congrats to the Kings and their fans. Much deserved. Crazy how dominant they were this playoffs after a lackluster season in which they barely even made the playoffs.

This whole playoff season has been very perplexing to me. Watching the game last night, I was at least sure I was watching a historic game. Even if New Jersey won that one too, they'd have been in position to be the, what, 5th(?) team in history to come back from a 0-3 deficit and win? It was either that or LA wins for the first time ever, and from 8th seed (which I think was also for the first time ever). After that 5 minute major in the first period was over, I was pretty confident LA would be hoisting the cup.

Cat Mom
06-13-2012, 01:51 AM
This was, to me, a brutal season, like gladiators on ice, and I fear for the future of hockey. I'm not being all melodramatic, here, my first live in-person hockey game was the Wings v the Blues, and I got to see Howe and Delvecchio. Then I went through the Goon Hockey age.

But, this seems way worse than Goon Hockey.

Aw, man, Delvecchio. I am totally a Mr Hockey (Howe, duh) girl, but Alex was THE MAN

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xGU3W7Ugqn4/SxWpCzj2w3I/AAAAAAAAB18/HPX1Ekup78s/s1600/Alex+Delvecchio.jpg

dogsipod
06-19-2012, 05:43 AM
This was, to me, a brutal season, like gladiators on ice, and I fear for the future of hockey. I'm not being all melodramatic, here, my first live in-person hockey game was the Wings v the Blues, and I got to see Howe and Delvecchio. Then I went through the Goon Hockey age.

Aw, man, Delvecchio. I am totally a Mr Hockey (Howe, duh) girl, but Alex was THE MAN

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xGU3W7Ugqn4/SxWpCzj2w3I/AAAAAAAAB18/HPX1Ekup78s/s1600/Alex+Delvecchio.jpg

I agree, this season was brutal. It was more confusing since some hits where met with suspensions and some seemed ignored. With all this concussion business going on in the nfl I was surprised the NHL was as passive as they were. Also Mike Bossy was the man. Please don't argue with me. I don't have a lot to root for and my "drive for 5" VHS highlight tapes are starting to wear out lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackholesun
07-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Have been in summer no hockey mode, but the Wild just signed Zach Parise and Ryan Suter to 13 year deals? Wonder if this will push them into the playoffs

Fifey
07-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Have been in summer no hockey mode, but the Wild just signed Zach Parise and Ryan Suter to 13 year deals? Wonder if this will push them into the playoffs

They'll be a 6-7 seed for the next decade, and maybe get to the Conference Finals a few times. Nothing more.

Baphomette
07-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Steve Nash?? The Lakers signed STEVE NASH???? It's time Jim Buss had a suspicious fatal accident.

Dra508
07-05-2012, 05:23 PM
They'll be a 6-7 seed for the next decade, and maybe get to the Conference Finals a few times. Nothing more.Zach Parise, never to be heard from again.

I'm psyched about Steve Nash going to The Lakers. I'll finally get to see him play The Celts on TV.

spiralout
07-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Anyone follow UFC? Tonight is probably the biggest fight of the year. Silva all the way!

Piko
07-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Sonnen talked a huge game. Sucks to be him.

Fixer808
07-07-2012, 06:07 PM

Last season's final was a goddamn war of attrition. Seemed like every game had a career-ending hit every 5 minutes. I'm pretty sure by game seven both Boston and Vancouver were down to a line and a half!

Kid Charlemagne
07-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Alright everyone, it's that time of the year I again. I need to get a headcount for Fantasy Football this year. Would like to have at least 10 participants and I'll create everything on Yahoo. Drop me a line if you're in. I'd love to have this set up by the end of the week.

themethatyouknow
07-23-2012, 05:37 PM
Count me in for FFB.

Piko
07-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Alright everyone, it's that time of the year I again. I need to get a headcount for Fantasy Football this year. Would like to have at least 10 participants and I'll create everything on Yahoo. Drop me a line if you're in. I'd love to have this set up by the end of the week.

Count me in.

Tums206_BFY
07-23-2012, 06:18 PM

Count me in like sin!

Kid Charlemagne
07-23-2012, 07:01 PM
Invites have been sent out to you guys. Also Trish and Dra will be joining, anyone else is welcomed to join as well. I also have set up a date for the draft, if anyone needs it to be changed, let me know and we can reschedule it. I'm also using the same settings from last year's league, if anyone needs has a problem with scoring, etc., let me know and I can make changes as well.

Kid Charlemagne
07-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Have any of the invites worked? I know Trish and Dra said they had trouble logging in and signing up for it. If it is trouble, I'll try to create another one, I don't know how to fix this piece of crap.

Dra508
07-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Have any of the invites worked? I know Trish and Dra said they had trouble logging in and signing up for it. If it is trouble, I'll try to create another one, I don't know how to fix this piece of crap.I tried again bubba and it don't work. trish99? She's a ghost.

Kid Charlemagne
07-23-2012, 10:38 PM
Gonna work on it again tonight, I'll send out new messages once it's done.

Kid Charlemagne
07-24-2012, 12:42 AM
Alright everyone, PM me your e-mail addresses, and I'll invite you that way, I have no idea why it's not letting yall in.

themethatyouknow
07-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Kid, the league is working fine, it's just the link that is bad. Everyone just needs to go to Yahoo's Fantasy Football home, click "join a league" and then enter the info you sent. The link you sent us doesn't work because it tries to send us to the "league overview" page which is private so we're not allowed in.

Note to everyone playing: Use the Info from Kid's second PM with the league named ETS2012. At least that's the one I joined and we should all try to be in the same one :D.

Edit: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/joinleague That link should get everyone in the right place. Just enter the League ID. and password.

Piko
07-24-2012, 09:26 AM
Cool, I'll give that a try.

Dra508
07-24-2012, 02:20 PM
Kid, the league is working fine, it's just the link that is bad. Everyone just needs to go to Yahoo's Fantasy Football home, click "join a league" and then enter the info you sent. The link you sent us doesn't work because it tries to send us to the "league overview" page which is private so we're not allowed in.

Note to everyone playing: Use the Info from Kid's second PM with the league named ETS2012. At least that's the one I joined and we should all try to be in the same one :D.

Edit: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/joinleague That link should get everyone in the right place. Just enter the League ID. and password.Registered.

Call Me Brady in dah house

Piko
07-25-2012, 11:31 AM
And i'm in!

Dra508
07-25-2012, 04:43 PM
And i'm in!I need to know your team name so I can properly trash talk you on the given Sunday we play.

blackholesun
07-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Oh snap, I'm in!

Kid Charlemagne
07-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Oh snap, I'm in!

BHS, did you need the league info?

blackholesun
07-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Yeah I still need the info.

Also just wanna say that it feels so good for the A's to be relevant again. I know this probably won't last but it's been many many years since they've been winning like this.

Fixer808
07-26-2012, 05:39 PM
And now for 2 weeks of not getting to watch Jeopardy because the CBC is going to be shitting out non-stop Olympics coverage.
OH LOOK, MORE ATHLETE PROFILES AND MEDAL COUNTS! ALL OF THE MEDAL COUNTS!!!

Dra508
07-26-2012, 09:46 PM
And now for 2 weeks of not getting to watch Jeopardy because the CBC is going to be shitting out non-stop Olympics coverage.
OH LOOK, MORE ATHLETE PROFILES AND MEDAL COUNTS! ALL OF THE MEDAL COUNTS!!!Is this because the Canadians don't show up for the summer Olympics?

I can take a pass on allllll the athlete profiles too. I happened upon the synchronized spring board diving trials and holy crap, what has happened to these divers? Greg Louganis was just a guy. These guys are unnatural - short, ripped, and matching....

Fixer808
07-27-2012, 10:02 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/376305_500235740005884_785469768_n.jpg

Trish99
07-27-2012, 10:32 PM

trish99? She's a ghost.

And I've been haunting your dreams. I know you missed me. You might as well just admit it.

Ew, that's vaguely creepy, sorry.

Dra508
07-28-2012, 11:48 AM

And I've been haunting your dreams. I know you missed me. You might as well just admit it.

Ew, that's vaguely creepy, sorry.Hawt.

Nice to "see" mah gurl again.

miss k bee
07-29-2012, 08:01 PM
For some reason the Daily Mail seems most taken with the women's beach volleyball at the Olympics

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2180540/Olympics-Beach-volleyball-Lifes-beach-Horse-Guards-Parade-beach-volleyball-taken-Britain-storm.html

can think why

themethatyouknow
07-30-2012, 10:30 PM
For some reason the Daily Mail seems most taken with the women's beach volleyball at the Olympics

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2180540/Olympics-Beach-volleyball-Lifes-beach-Horse-Guards-Parade-beach-volleyball-taken-Britain-storm.html

can think why

Turned on beach volleyball only to see that the girls were wearing shirts and tights. Fucking shirts and tights!!!

England must be banned from hosting the Olympics forever for this... you hear me BANNED FOREVAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kid Charlemagne
08-01-2012, 02:40 PM
So we got seven right now, still five spots open. I'm also thinking of inviting two outsiders to round it out if we need to, so please let me know if you're looking for a Fantasy Football invite.

miss k bee
08-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Prob cos it was night and it was cold. Some beach volleyball games not starting till after 10pm

Dra508
08-05-2012, 08:42 AM
So we got seven right now, still five spots open. I'm also thinking of inviting two outsiders to round it out if we need to, so please let me know if you're looking for a Fantasy Football invite.Any chance we can move the draft up a day?

Kid Charlemagne
08-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Any chance we can move the draft up a day?If this is fine with everyone else, yes.

blackholesun
08-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Fine by me.

Actually doing really well in fantasy baseball this year. First place in spite of my anemic constant free agent pickup offense. My pitching has been just lights out for the most part.

Still stoked that the A's are doing so great. Hopefully they can keep this up for another 2 months. My heart says yes, my head says no. At least the Angels and Rangers both lost today.

Goldfoot
08-05-2012, 08:01 PM
So I'm going to be in a Fantasy Football league and I know nothing about football other than the rules, the Mannings, the player formerly known as Ochocinco, and Tebow. Our draft is in a couple weeks and any help you'd be willing to give me would be much appreciated. Obviously I doubt you could help me during​ the draft, but any tips and shit before hand would be nice.

Piko
08-05-2012, 08:48 PM
If this is fine with everyone else, yes.

Wouldn't bother me a bit.

Dra508
08-05-2012, 09:56 PM
So I'm going to be in a Fantasy Football league and I know nothing about football other than the rules, the Mannings, the player formerly known as Ochocinco, and Tebow. Our draft is in a couple weeks and any help you'd be willing to give me would be much appreciated. Obviously I doubt you could help me during​ the draft, but any tips and shit before hand would be nice.Learn how to trash talk. Even when you know you are going to get your ass handed to you.

themethatyouknow
08-06-2012, 12:31 AM
I'm fine with whatever draft day you guys want.

So I'm going to be in a Fantasy Football league and I know nothing about football other than the rules, the Mannings, the player formerly known as Ochocinco, and Tebow. Our draft is in a couple weeks and any help you'd be willing to give me would be much appreciated. Obviously I doubt you could help me during​ the draft, but any tips and shit before hand would be nice.

First off, forget that you know the names of Ochocinco and Tebow. Then just look at the numbers guys put up last year and find a couple sites with projections for this year. Lastly, check the injury report the day of the draft. That should be enough to keep you competitive, but I wouldn't count on winning if you haven't followed the league for about the last 3 years or so.

So I was just watching gymnastics and this girl does a vault and lands flat on her ass. Somehow she manages a Silver medal out of this. How the hell does this happen? I realize that it was an average of two vaults and her first was pretty good(not perfect though, she was a little off to the left and took a step) but how can you beat everyone but one other competitor when you fail at the most basic component(landing on your feet)? The Pro American announcers tried to say she was perfect in the air, but obviously that wasn't the case because she under-rotated to the point that she barely touched her feet before plopping straight to her ass. And if getting somewhere close to landing on you feet isn't important, then why don't people just try impossible shit and land on their backs? I'm sure some Xgames kid could do a triple flip or something and just completely eat it.

bruised
08-06-2012, 10:08 AM
This 4 week F1 break is gonna suck. Any other F1 fans here? The old ETS had a thread...

Kid Charlemagne
08-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Draft has been changed to 7:30 CST on August 30th, adjust accordingly.

Dra508
08-06-2012, 07:23 PM
So I was just watching gymnastics and this girl does a vault and lands flat on her ass. Somehow she manages a Silver medal out of this. How the hell does this happen? I realize that it was an average of two vaults and her first was pretty good(not perfect though, she was a little off to the left and took a step) but how can you beat everyone but one other competitor when you fail at the most basic component(landing on your feet)? The Pro American announcers tried to say she was perfect in the air, but obviously that wasn't the case because she under-rotated to the point that she barely touched her feet before plopping straight to her ass. And if getting somewhere close to landing on you feet isn't important, then why don't people just try impossible shit and land on their backs? I'm sure some Xgames kid could do a triple flip or something and just completely eat it.Omg, that was funny. You and Fixer should be a writing team.

I know next to zero about gymnastics and the politics of it, but I have to believe that 1. the other 6 girls sucked 2. Even falling on your ass is only a 1 point deduction and her starting score was so high. 3. Even this newer scoring system doesn't pull out the subjective judging - they gave it to her because of how great she did the same vault in the team competition.

http://youtu.be/JP9_qFDw8BY (http://youtu.be/JP9_qFDw8BY)

I wish I could devote more time to watching the daytime coverage because yes, I am so sick of swimming and gymnastics. I caught a glimpse of men's field hockey yesterday. Holy shit , the flying balls, and the ball handling work is amazing.

Fixer808
08-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Holy shit , the flying balls, and the ball handling work is amazing.
Are you sure you weren't at a Pride parade?

Also, valiant effort by the Canadian women's footie team yesterday vs the US team. It all came down to the last minute of stoppage time in the second 15 of extra time when the US scored to make it 4-3. Canada plays France for Bronze on Thursday.

miss k bee
08-07-2012, 06:58 PM
I'm fine with whatever draft day you guys want.

First off, forget that you know the names of Ochocinco and Tebow. Then just look at the numbers guys put up last year and find a couple sites with projections for this year. Lastly, check the injury report the day of the draft. That should be enough to keep you competitive, but I wouldn't count on winning if you haven't followed the league for about the last 3 years or so.

So I was just watching gymnastics and this girl does a vault and lands flat on her ass. Somehow she manages a Silver medal out of this. How the hell does this happen? I realize that it was an average of two vaults and her first was pretty good(not perfect though, she was a little off to the left and took a step) but how can you beat everyone but one other competitor when you fail at the most basic component(landing on your feet)? The Pro American announcers tried to say she was perfect in the air, but obviously that wasn't the case because she under-rotated to the point that she barely touched her feet before plopping straight to her ass. And if getting somewhere close to landing on you feet isn't important, then why don't people just try impossible shit and land on their backs? I'm sure some Xgames kid could do a triple flip or something and just completely eat it.

I think she still got silver because the of the high difficulty and height of the move, she got silver and was not happy about it, bitch wanted gold!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/mckayla-maroney-fell-won-silver-let-out-her-inne

Goldfoot
08-09-2012, 07:23 AM

I wasn't under the impression that they were worth noting, those are just names I hear more than others. If you still need people for this league I guess you can count me in. You only set your teams once a week, right? That's easy enough and I don't really care that I'll lose.

AgentofChaos
08-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Well it took far too long, and the process was such bullshit, but I finally managed to secure my tickets to the Winter Classic. Doing the whole 5 days, Great Lakes Invitational, AHL, Alumni, and the big one. Going to be a hockey fan's wet dream.

And Fifey, your Wings are going the fuck down. Getzlaf is coming to the Leafs any day now and is going to own your soul in that game (hey I can dream...)

Kid Charlemagne
08-16-2012, 01:23 PM
Draft is in two weeks and I'd still like three more teams in the league to make it an even 10. Please message me if you want in!!!

blackholesun
08-16-2012, 01:58 PM
Looks like we have 9 and only need one for 10.

Anyone catch Felix Hernandez's perfect game yesterday? Dude was dealing. Just nasty. I think it's hilarious the Rays are always no-hit haha.

miss k bee
08-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Freaking myself out watching horrible injuries that have happened to gymnasts on you tube

http://youtu.be/qjQCAIhxQqY

Tums206_BFY
08-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Looks like we have 9 and only need one for 10.

Anyone catch Felix Hernandez's perfect game yesterday? Dude was dealing. Just nasty. I think it's hilarious the Rays are always no-hit haha.

First Perfect Game in M's history!!!!! 2nd one at Safeco Field this year! and including those 2 its the third No-hitter in our ball park this season!!!!!!!!!! I believe this makes Safeco the first ball park in MLB history to have two perfect games in a season and something like the 4th park to have 2 perfect games. I might be wrong.

Felix has been great all season long and deserves it! and shit its an amazing moment in what as otherwise been another shit season! Good job King Felix!!!!!

poinoup
08-22-2012, 10:59 PM
Can we please rid the NHL of Gary Bettman?

The bastard should have resigned when we lost an entire season...how he is still employed is beyond me.

themethatyouknow
08-25-2012, 02:34 AM
Can we please rid the NHL of Gary Bettman?

The bastard should have resigned when we lost an entire season...how he is still employed is beyond me.

That lockout and subsequent CBA made a hell of a lot of money for the owners. Bettman may not be good for the fans or the sport, but he's been great for the bottom line of the people he works for. Therefore, he isn't going anywhere.

And don't expect this one to end quickly either. They know they have an edge over the players and they'll use it again.

Kid Charlemagne
08-25-2012, 02:46 AM
Still need a 10th for the league. If you guys know anyone who's interested, let them know so we can properly draft on Thursday. We'll take outsiders, as long as we have 10 teams.

Dra508
08-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Still need a 10th for the league. If you guys know anyone who's interested, let them know so we can properly draft on Thursday. We'll take outsiders, as long as we have 10 teams.You get a tenth? We're good to go?

Kid Charlemagne
08-29-2012, 09:01 PM
Still no 10th.

AgentofChaos
08-29-2012, 10:09 PM
I must've scared them away the way I'm dominating once again in baseball. 1 seed here we go.

Tums206_BFY
08-30-2012, 02:50 AM
Booo can we get one more team so we can start our fantasy draft for football on time! Some one please signs up for the love of Buddha!!!!! lol

blackholesun
08-30-2012, 03:01 PM
I haven't been able to find anyone that's interested. Hopefully someone will join.

I am determined to win the fantasy baseball league and snatch away that 1st seed.

Kid Charlemagne
08-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Still need a person...clock is ticking.

Dra508
08-30-2012, 05:21 PM
Still need a person...clock is ticking.Can I be a fake person?

Kid Charlemagne
08-30-2012, 05:27 PM
Can I be a fake person?

Yes.

/10characters

Dra508
08-30-2012, 05:28 PM
Yes.

/10charactersFINE. But I better get first pick for carrying this bitches!

littlemonkey613
08-30-2012, 05:39 PM
NCAA football finally!
Never a better time to go to USC. :3

AgentofChaos
08-30-2012, 05:52 PM
We're joking about the fake person team... right? RIGHT?

Even though Dra is useless enough for it to not matter.... no.... just no...

If you are seriously desperate just publish it and let a random join. The spot will 100% get filled that way.

Dra508
08-30-2012, 05:56 PM
We're joking about the fake person team... right? RIGHT?

Even though Dra is useless enough for it to not matter.... no.... just no...

If you are seriously desperate just publish it and let a random join. The spot will 100% get filled that way.I don't see you volunteering...

themethatyouknow
08-30-2012, 07:30 PM
I'm confused, did we actually get a tenth or did dra sign up a second team?

Dra508
08-30-2012, 07:42 PM
I'm confused, did we actually get a tenth or did dra sign up a second team?I signed a second team, but will auto draft it and give it away. You got someone?

themethatyouknow
08-30-2012, 07:49 PM
Ok, that works. No, unfortunately I don't know anyone who wants in.

Kid Charlemagne
08-31-2012, 01:19 AM
Worked out for the best I'd say. Auto-draft didn't totally screw me and Trish was predicted to have the best draft. Good luck everyone!

Dra508
08-31-2012, 02:08 PM
Call Me Brady is now appropriately going by the name The Brothers Johnson.

blackholesun
08-31-2012, 04:56 PM
Oh dang I thought the draft was today haha. Oh well.

Tums206_BFY
09-01-2012, 03:01 AM
I like how now when you are predicting the outcomes of other match ups it will keep a tally. Sorta of a side game, thought that was pretty neat!

Btw I am sure most of you are aware but I'd still like to point out that if you have an Android Phone Yahoo has an app for Fantasy Football. If case you're a person whose always on the go. You can now check up on your team anywhere you get reception. I'm pretty sure the same app is available on the Iphone too! Have it for Fantasy Baseball it's pretty cool and so is this one. Just thought I'd point that out!

miss k bee
09-01-2012, 06:00 AM
Watching a lot of London 2012 Paralympics - these athletes are super talented, the human body is remarkable.

Dra508
09-04-2012, 10:08 PM
I like how now when you are predicting the outcomes of other match ups it will keep a tally. Sorta of a side game, thought that was pretty neat!

Btw I am sure most of you are aware but I'd still like to point out that if you have an Android Phone Yahoo has an app for Fantasy Football. If case you're a person whose always on the go. You can now check up on your team anywhere you get reception. I'm pretty sure the same app is available on the Iphone too! Have it for Fantasy Baseball it's pretty cool and so is this one. Just thought I'd point that out!There is an iphone app too which you can set your line up on. Saved my ass a couple of times in the past.

Tums206_BFY
09-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Professional Pigskin kicks off tonight! Dallas Cowboys vs. The New York Giants!!!!!

Should be a fun season! Good luck to which ever team you root for! GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Fantasy Football season also kicks off!

miss k bee
09-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Amazing T44 100m Men's final at the Paralympic Games,so exciting! Yay team GB second on the medal board !

Dra508
09-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Amazing T44 100m Men's final at the Paralympic Games,so exciting! Yay team GB second on the medal board !I don't know if they are showing any of this on tv in the states. :(

Last Sunday, I went to the US Open in NY. Way cool.

miss k bee
09-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Think in the US NBC are showing highlights of the Games next weeks or so but not live.

It is available on http://www.paralympic.org/Events/London2012 and youtube though. Really good this year.

Kid Charlemagne
09-11-2012, 01:08 PM
For all the shit sin_eater was talking, he got an ass kicking in week one.

Friendship aside, I'm kicking Dra's ass this week.

Dra508
09-11-2012, 11:43 PM
For all the shit sin_eater was talking, he got an ass kicking in week one.

Friendship aside, I'm kicking Dra's ass this week.Yes and No. You are going down like a prom dress. The Brothers Johnson are not going to be stopped!!!!

Kid Charlemagne
09-12-2012, 01:09 AM
You're going down like my dignity at Starbucks.

REAL TALK

AgentofChaos
09-12-2012, 02:48 AM
In fairness I was mostly talking shit in baseball, haven't unleashed the onslaught in football yet.

But yes, the loss stings. Despite the fact I knew I likely threw week one in the garbage at the draft, a loss always hurts, especially to Dra.

Fucking brutal. At least I'll have my baseball trophy to keep me content for a bit.

Dra508
09-12-2012, 09:16 PM
a loss always hurts, especially to Dra.

Fucking brutal. Hurts so good.

themethatyouknow
09-12-2012, 11:07 PM
Apparently I'm also playing Dra this week.

You're going down like... well, you.

Piko
09-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Hurts a little to lose my first game - IN TWO LEAGUES! Should've played RG3. Lesson learned.

poinoup
09-16-2012, 11:51 AM
Fire Gary Bettman! Useless twat...nice to see the THIRD work stoppage/lockout under your knuckle-dragging regime.

Fixer808
09-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Bettman is a total cockbag, but fuck all of them, it's a bunch of millionaires arguing about money.

Leman Russ
09-17-2012, 08:17 AM
I can't believe they learned nothing from the last lockout. Hey Buttman, remember all those fans you pissed off by taking away their sport for an entire year? Remember how NOBODY likes you already? Remember how you get booed every time you make a public appearance? This isn't going to help

Kid Charlemagne
09-18-2012, 12:44 AM
Dra and I are no longer friends.

Dra508
09-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Dra and I are no longer friends.++doing the cabbage patch++

Mwaaaaaahhhhh

blackholesun
09-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Just came back from a week long road trip to find the NHL locked out. Fuck you Buttmane and fuck the NHL. The game has improved ten-fold since the last lockout and that's still not enough?

At least there is another local semi-professional team now. And the A's making a playoff push.

Leman Russ
09-19-2012, 11:03 AM
Anyone else hate the addition of a second wild card team?

october_midnight
09-24-2012, 11:51 PM
I've never seen, in my entire life, someone get as robbed of a win as badly as Green Bay just did. Possibly the worst call in pro sports history.

Conan The Barbarian
09-25-2012, 12:44 AM
If this doesn't get settled, we could be in for the worst football season ever.

heroicraptor
09-25-2012, 01:06 AM
Anyone have a youtube link?

october_midnight
09-25-2012, 01:15 AM
The worst thing I've seen in a long ass time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5xy_dC--Ms

1. The refs making OPPOSING calls immediately after the interception.
2. Seattle being smug as fuck about it instead of just the sliiiightest bit of humility, when they obviously know damn well they stole the win.

Apparently if you catch a ball, and I wrap my arms around your arms and the ball, I caught it. Score!

bgalbraith
09-25-2012, 01:16 AM
Really, really awful.. and they were actually doing a decent job for a good part of the game. Then it all fell apart in the last quarter. Here's an ESPN link: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8422506

october_midnight
09-25-2012, 01:20 AM
If you pause it at 1:26 you can actually see Jennings holding the ball and Tate just holding on to his forearms and nothing else LOL.

heroicraptor
09-25-2012, 01:32 AM

This accurately describes me.

Mr. Blaileen
09-25-2012, 02:37 AM
I'm a Packer fan through and through, so I'm steaming about this..two hours later. Not only did Tate clearly commit offensive pass interference when he shoved the cornerback, but Jennings CLEARLY HAD THE BALL PINNED AGAINST HIS BODY. Ugh.

Tums206_BFY
09-25-2012, 02:40 AM
Worst call in the history of the NFL! Sorry Packers 99.9% of the time my beloved Hawks would have never gotten that call but hey refs made the bad call and our team or the Packers can't do anything about it sorry guys.....its now HISTORY! Sad but true. Sorry October but when you have one of the youngest teams in the NFL and Pete Carroll as your head coach humility is thrown out the window. I am not happy with what transpired at the end but hey I/Fans/Team can't do a damn thing about it. I feel for the Packers and they have every right to be angry but blame the NFL.

If this had the be the game that was the tipping point for the NFL to get their shit together so be it! it's pretty embarrassing to be honest that a multi Billion dollar sports business has its officials locked out. Hope this leads to an agreement fast! Get your shit together Owners and Goodell!

In other Seattle news that I am sure will upset some people the Good Ole Edmonton Oilers are considering a move to my beautiful city and I guess their owners are here exploring the possibilities especially with the whole new arena thingy a sure thing. But something tells me this is just to mess with the city of Edmonton and get the deal they want there.

Dra508
09-25-2012, 08:30 AM
This is all bad PR for the NFL, but as long as we all keep watching, Goodell doesn't need to negotiate....

Oh yeah, despite The Packers not getting the interception (they are my D) I'm the only undefeated team in ETS Fantasy Football. Wooo wooo... And I'm playing myself this week. That's got to be illegal, but tough - I'm winning. I know it won't last so I'm going to dance dance dance.

Fixer808
09-25-2012, 08:46 AM
This is why sports will always be a pathetic shadow for war. "Let's got to instant replay!" is trumped by "Oh shit! Those are my brains on the grou--"

october_midnight
09-25-2012, 01:30 PM
The NFL releases an official statement, admits the call was wrong, but still upholds the result. (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/story/2012/09/25/nfl-admits-error-in-seahawks-packers-game-but--upholds-result/57840636/1?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=206567)

Speechless...

Kid Charlemagne
09-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Everything about the call has already been said on here. But I'm glad something like this happened to the Packers, absolutely hate the majority of their fanbase outside of Wisconsin. Second biggest bunch of asshole fanse outside of Steeler Nation.

Tums206_BFY
09-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Lol not surprised the result was never gonna get reversed sorry to say that. As for the Offensive PI on Tate. The NFL can say that was miss but the chances of that ever being called on an Hail Mary/Last second toss up to the endzone are extremely remote to nil.

Hope the NFL/Owners/Goodell get their shit straight and seriously engage with the Refs Union to get a deal done as soon as possible.

The Hawks didn't ref this game. Some Hawks players like Beastmode Lynch have already come out and stated that this wasn't how they wanted the game to end and get a result. So I wish some people would stop blaming our team. Blame the system.

october_midnight
09-25-2012, 04:27 PM
LOL

www.replacementgoogle.com

Leman Russ
09-25-2012, 04:50 PM
In other Seattle news that I am sure will upset some people the Good Ole Edmonton Oilers are considering a move to my beautiful city and I guess their owners are here exploring the possibilities especially with the whole new arena thingy a sure thing. But something tells me this is just to mess with the city of Edmonton and get the deal they want there.

No offense to your fair city, but before the NHL considers moving teams, they need to hammer out a new CBA (NOW), and consider getting rid of a few teams. Nobody cares about either team in FL, nobody cares about Dallas, and the NHL are the only ones who care about the Coyotes. Plus, the Seattle Oilers just sounds stupid :)

Tums206_BFY
09-26-2012, 03:33 PM
No offense to your fair city, but before the NHL considers moving teams, they need to hammer out a new CBA (NOW), and consider getting rid of a few teams. Nobody cares about either team in FL, nobody cares about Dallas, and the NHL are the only ones who care about the Coyotes. Plus, the Seattle Oilers just sounds stupid :)

Yeah that's why I said that most likely it is just a ploy for the current ownership to work over Edmonton into giving into their demands. Kinda like the situation in Pittsburgh a few years ago. Plus the Oilers are a very big part of Edmonton. I would never want such a beloved team to leave a great fan base like that.

In the end the Oilers will remain in Edmonton where they rightfully belong. We are just a pawn in their game.

Leman Russ
09-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Yeah that's why I said that most likely it is just a ploy for the current ownership to work over Edmonton into giving into their demands. Kinda like the situation in Pittsburgh a few years ago. Plus the Oilers are a very big part of Edmonton. I would never want such a beloved team to leave a great fan base like that.

In the end the Oilers will remain in Edmonton where they rightfully belong. We are just a pawn in their game.

Which sucks big time for you guys. I think hockey might actually work in Seattle (and could form a really good western conference division w/ Edmonton, Vancouver, Calgary, and either CO or Winnipeg). I remember reading about the Pens visiting KC and thinking what a joke it was, and thankfully, they stayed in Pittsburgh. Ha consolidate the Bolts & the Panthers & move them to Seattle. Problem solved

Dra508
09-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Play Forte or not, Play Bradshaw or not. Oh what to do what to do....

And if the NHL stays locked out for a longer time, no one is going to care and the business is going to go even more in the shitter.

Leman Russ
09-28-2012, 04:07 PM
http://deadspin.com/5947408/falcons-safety-thomas-decoud-played-the-meow-game-during-an-interview-on-sportscenter?tag=espn

One of the best things to happen to SportsCenter in a long time, meow.

Dra508
10-01-2012, 11:04 AM
^^^^ Very subtle.

The Brothers Johnson have lost to Cruzzing. I lost to myself.. Fuuuuuccccckkkkkkkk

blackholesun
10-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Shhit my team got crushed this week.

A's can clinch a playoff spot today. Just need either one win or one loss by both the Rays or Angels. If they sweep Texas, they'll be AL West champs but I don't see that happening. Kinda scared about playing the Yankees or Orioles for just one game.

Kid Charlemagne
10-01-2012, 02:46 PM
BFY and I had ourselves a low scoring suck fest this week...and I won.

Tums206_BFY
10-01-2012, 03:05 PM
BFY and I had ourselves a low scoring suck fest this week...and I won.

Fucking New York Jets defense!!!!(and Martellus Bennett) God damn our teams under preformed. Congrats though I was 0.3 points worst lol

blackholesun
10-02-2012, 02:00 PM
Woo! A's clinch at least one of the Wild Cart spots. Whoulda thunk that a team with the lowest payroll in the AL would make it this far. Would be awesome to sweep Texas and win the AL West. But I just don't see that happening. The playoffs will be fun but I'm not expecting much with this all rookie rotation.

So over this NHL lockout.

blackholesun
10-03-2012, 01:27 AM
A's win again! Winner of tomorrow's game takes the AL West. Haven't felt this elation in a while

Leman Russ
10-03-2012, 08:24 AM
The AL East and West races have been so entertaining to follow this past month, especially since the Indians shit the bed mid season and have fallen into the abyss. As much as I wish the Yankees would be out of it completely, I would love to see a one game playoff between them and the Rangers in the wild card spot.

blackholesun
10-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Sweep! The A's win the AL West! Unbelievable. So if the Yankees win today, the A's will play Detroit and if the Yankees lose they will play the winner of the Wild-Card game.

Tums206_BFY
10-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Sweep! The A's win the AL West! Unbelievable. So if the Yankees win today, the A's will play Detroit and if the Yankees lose they will play the winner of the Wild-Card game.

The Rangers lead the division for 178 days! The longest ever in MLB to not win it. The A's have only been in first place once by themselves this season.....that is today! Incredible!!!! Congrats A's!!!

The Yankees win the division with a win or Orioles loss. If they lose and the Orioles win it will set up game 163 for the Division crown! Another exciting ending to the regular season in baseball!

Leman Russ
10-04-2012, 08:57 AM
I watched a few innings of the A's/Rangers game yesterday, and couldn't believe how bad the Rangers looked. One play in particular, Hamilton was moving to catch a fly ball, it bounced off his glove, and he half-addedly walked to pick it up. It looked like a total lack of care and effort on his part to make up for the fact he just cost his team an out.

Dra508
10-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Fucking New York Jets defense!!!!(and Martellus Bennett) God damn our teams under preformed. Congrats though I was 0.3 points worst lolI think Kid actually lost.

Kid Charlemagne
10-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Yeah! What the fuck? That stat correction is some serious bullshit. FUCK!

Tums206_BFY
10-04-2012, 02:12 PM
I think Kid actually lost.

Hahaha oh shit Stat Corrections reverses the decision! I edge out Kid by 0.1 points...... I feel like the Hawks after the Monday Night Game against the Packers. Stole one that's for sure! Wow.

EDIT: Saw the change, it was one of only three stat corrections in our league.2 involved players on teams and one was the Tampa Defense that is a free agent. What are the fucking chances! Anyways I guess Jamaal Charles got docked -0.4 points for a loss of 4 yards. Which was what made me go from being 0.3 down to winning by 0.1. Sorry Kid don't know what to say.

Kid Charlemagne
10-04-2012, 02:27 PM
I got Golden Tate'd. I really need a victory this week.

blackholesun
10-04-2012, 02:32 PM
First 2 weeks of the NHL season cancelled. What the fuck.

Leman Russ
10-04-2012, 04:46 PM
At this point, I'm expecting a long holdout by both sides. Anytime you read "The sides are still about $1 billion apart", you know you're doomed.

Dra508
10-04-2012, 05:29 PM
At this point, I'm expecting a long holdout by both sides. Anytime you read "The sides are still about $1 billion apart", you know you're doomed.That's insane. There's a billion dollars to go around in pro hockey? No way.

Leman Russ
10-05-2012, 08:25 AM
That's insane. There's a billion dollars to go around in pro hockey? No way.

Apparently, there's 3 billion. Jesus I just wanna be able to watch hockey.

blackholesun
10-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Anyone watching baseball playoffs? Was tough watching my A's drop the first 2 against the Tigers but they were resilient tonight. I think if any team has a chance to come back, it's them. Everything this team has done has been not probable so far. Plus it helps that the last 2 games are in Oakland and the Tigers are the only team with a losing record on the road in the playoffs. Where's Fifey? Can we make an avatar bet or something?

Fifey
10-10-2012, 02:02 PM
I've been swamped at work and haven't seen any of the playoffs, except highlights on sportscenter at lunch yesterday. Sounds like the A's played well with their backs against the wall and the season on the line, but I don't think they can beat Scherzer *and* Verlander to come back and win the series. I'll take any friendly bet you offer :-)

My brother-in-law is a huge Giants fan, so I'm hoping for them to bow out in the first round with a humiliating elimination game perforamance.

blackholesun
10-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Looks like the Giants and A's both pushed for game 5. Last night's A's game was insane. I honestly thought it was over after the 8th. The Tigers practically dominated most of the game. So stoked right now. Well not stoked entirely because Verlander is pitching. Should be a good game with Parker on the mound.

Dra508
10-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Poor Roster management made me loss my ff to Trish. FML.

heroicraptor
10-13-2012, 12:45 AM
Storen was left in the game way too long. Jesus fuck.

Tums206_BFY
10-13-2012, 02:02 AM
All the teams that forced a game 5 lost except the Giants.

thevoid99
10-16-2012, 10:35 PM
I don't consider myself a sports fan but earlier today, my dad was watching the Honduras-Canada World Cup Qualifier since he couldn't get it on TV and had to borrow my laptop. Wow... this is definitely a day to remember. Honduras killed Canada 8-1. My dad is Honduran and he's just over the moon about it. 8-1.

Tums206_BFY
10-17-2012, 12:34 AM
I don't consider myself a sports fan but earlier today, my dad was watching the Honduras-Canada World Cup Qualifier since he couldn't get it on TV and had to borrow my laptop. Wow... this is definitely a day to remember. Honduras killed Canada 8-1. My dad is Honduran and he's just over the moon about it. 8-1.

Playing in Estadio Olímpico Metropolitano in San Pedro Sula, Honduras is no fucking joke that place is tough as any place to play in the world and the national team was not messing around today!

The Hexagonal, the final stage of World Cup qualification for 2014 is set with Mexico, Honduras, Panama, USA, Jamaica, and Costa Rica. It takes place from 6 February to 15 October 2013. Each team playes each other in an Home and Away series, so a total of 10 matches. Top 3 teams gain qualification to the 2014 World Cup in Brasil and the 4th place team will play the Oceania confederation winner which more than likely be New Zealand in a 2 Leg (home and away) playoff for a World Cup birth.

Cat Mom
10-17-2012, 08:06 AM
Only one game away! GO GET 'EM, TIGERS!

blackholesun
10-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Rooting for the Tigers right now, as I'm sure everyone who isn't a Yankees fan is. I'm pleased with how the A's season went, considering this team wasn't supposed to be competitive at all.

Kinda indifferent between the Cards and Giants.

Big Fat Matt
10-18-2012, 07:37 PM
hau. baut. dem. tigs.

Dra508
10-21-2012, 02:16 PM
I'm rooting for The Tigers. Cousins and friends from MI and yeah, they shut up the ol' Yanks.
This is awesome though - http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/bearded-man-robs-st-louis-area-bank-shouts-235806082--mlb.html

As for FF, I benched Chris Johnson and the fucker posts 25 points!! ARGH

blackholesun
11-02-2012, 12:34 AM
So sports. Giants. NBA. NFL. Soccer. NASCAR. Yadda. I miss hockey.

1st place in FF for now! Feel pretty good about my team heading down the stretch. We still have 7 people in this so far. Really exciting.

And I miss hockey.

Piko
11-02-2012, 08:55 AM
NHL is a pretty big bummer. These lockouts are ridiculous.

Tums206_BFY
11-12-2012, 01:57 AM
My Hawks continue to roll going into the bye week under BeastMode Lynch and Rookie Russell Wilson (seriously why isn't he getting NFL Offensive Rookie of the year love like Luck or RG3) and my Fantasy Football team is headed for its 4th straight loss.

Btw Rams and 49ers play to a tie first since 2008 and the infamous Donovan McNabb. Both teams had a chance to win but couldn't make it happen.

blackholesun
11-12-2012, 01:48 PM
My Fantasy Football team is rolling alone nicely. I'll be alone in first this week.

Dra508
11-13-2012, 10:03 PM
My Fantasy Football team is rolling alone nicely. I'll be alone in first this week.I'm coming up on you buddy!
Actually Kid is going down like a prom dress this week courtesy of The Brothers Johnson -schweeeeeen.

bruised
11-15-2012, 08:31 AM
Does anyone here follow Formula 1 racing? Big race this weekend, finally back in the US!

october_midnight
11-22-2012, 09:32 PM
This Pats - Jets game is comedy. First ever ass-to-face fumble?

blackholesun
12-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Reminder that fantasy football playoffs start this week. My team finished the season on a 7 game win streak and a 1st place bye. I'll take it. Gonna win this thang.

Tums206_BFY
12-04-2012, 12:56 PM
I had the opposite happen to me started 5-1 and then loss 6 straight matches (most of them not even close), won my last match which was a good way to go out but overall it was nothing short of a collapse, had I wont just one of those games in my six game winning streak or even kept them close along with winning my last game and I would be in the playoffs but my team didn't deserve that! Good luck to all that are still fighting it out, though it looks like there is a consolation/loser bracket lol.....

Well at least my Hawks are doing better in real life. Russell Wilson basically beat the Bears by himself and our schedule looks decent for our last four games (3 at the CLink) so we actually have a chance at a playoff spot though Dallas and Washington are right behind us. If it wasn't for Andrew Luck and RG3 Russell Wilson would be the Rookie of the Year (offensive). DangeRUSS!

blackholesun
12-07-2012, 12:39 PM
The NHL is a joke. Don't know if I'm going back. That is all.

Leman Russ
12-07-2012, 12:51 PM
The NHL is a joke. Don't know if I'm going back. That is all.

I feel the same way. When the lockout first started, I was all "god damnit I want my hockey blah blah blah", and now I couldn't care less. I hope it never comes back at this point, and the entire league goes away. It's probably the only way we'll ever get rid of the problems that have plagued hockey for years. I'm looking at you Bettman, Fehr, Tampa Bay, Florida, Phoenix, New Jersey, Dallas. Am I missing anyone?

Canuckle
12-07-2012, 02:40 PM
I feel the same way. When the lockout first started, I was all "god damnit I want my hockey blah blah blah", and now I couldn't care less. I hope it never comes back at this point, and the entire league goes away. It's probably the only way we'll ever get rid of the problems that have plagued hockey for years. I'm looking at you Bettman, Fehr, Tampa Bay, Florida, Phoenix, New Jersey, Dallas. Am I missing anyone?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model

I'm a diehard hockey fan and I will be back. I'm not going to kid myself into thinking I will abandon the sport I grew up with over one year of absence.

That being said, this whole thing is very frustrating and has been primarily caused by the NHL trying to be the 4th major sport in NA, when in reality it's a niche sport and a niche league, ala the MLS. The sooner the NHL realises this and stops trying to grow and merely prosper in what hot-beds they do have, the better it will be for all.

Leman Russ
12-10-2012, 08:19 AM
I hear you. I absolutely love hockey, and came back after the last lockout. I was so excited that hockey came back, I didn't care that it was gone, as long as it came back. This time around, though, I don't care anymore. I have many other ways to spend my time & money, and I don't know if I'll make room for hockey when it comes back. I'm just really indifferent about the whole thing now. Sucks.

Tums206_BFY
12-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Ahhh My Hawks are making me proud at the moment wally stomping the Cards 58-0 yesterday. We head to Toronto this upcoming Sunday to face the Bills. We have three teams in our rear view mirrors but we own the tiebreaker against two of them, the Cowboys and Vikings. Just a win and a loss by those two teams and that would pretty much be it for them. Then just gotta worry about the Deadskins....

RW3 for Rookie of the Year!!!!! Dange-RUSS!

Canuckle
12-10-2012, 02:51 PM
I hear you. I absolutely love hockey, and came back after the last lockout. I was so excited that hockey came back, I didn't care that it was gone, as long as it came back. This time around, though, I don't care anymore. I have many other ways to spend my time & money, and I don't know if I'll make room for hockey when it comes back. I'm just really indifferent about the whole thing now. Sucks.

I wouldn't blame one person if they decided to leave hockey and not offer one hard earned cent for any of their products.

I'm just to stubborn to be able to let go sadly... born and bred in Toronto and all.

blackholesun
12-10-2012, 03:12 PM
There's other hockey besides the NHL. It's just not at the same high level the NHL has for the most part. If the NHL/NHLPA announced a deal today, I still would watch the Sharks but if this nonsense gets the whole season cancelled...2004-05 was already tough to come back from.

Dra508
12-11-2012, 07:47 AM
Fantasy football playoffs. Bring it on biotches!!

Leman Russ
12-11-2012, 08:55 AM
I'm just to stubborn to be able to let go sadly... born and bred in Toronto and all.

Very true. If you give up hockey, you'll probably get asked to move out of town.

blackholesun
12-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Gonna be a close one in fantasy football playoffs this week.

Just got some free tickets to watch the San Francisco Bulls (ECHL hockey team) play in San Jose next week. And they are pretty sweet seats too. Will be nice to see some hockey at least.

Dra508
12-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Gonna be a close one in fantasy football playoffs this week.

For sure. The Brothers Johnson is going to squeak by - (pray)

blackholesun
12-16-2012, 11:46 PM
We're both gonna lose Dra. My team shat the bed today. I'm pretty sure I only had one or two players even reach their predicted scores. I'm also pretty sure this is going to be by far my lowest scoring week ever haha.

blackholesun
12-17-2012, 12:11 AM
Also, that was a fantastic game between the Niners and Pats. I'm not really a fan of either teams but wow. The Pats actually came back ahha.

AgentofChaos
12-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Dra....

http://funnycollegepics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Suck-my-balls.jpg

Tums206_BFY
12-18-2012, 02:27 AM
Also, that was a fantastic game between the Niners and Pats. I'm not really a fan of either teams but wow. The Pats actually came back ahha.

Was a very good game though I wanted the Niners to lose so it would set up this Sundays Match which would have been the biggest match of the season as it stands now its big but not was big as it could have been with my Hawks if the Niners would have only lost last night. Even if we win on Sunday the Niners would have to lose the remaining game and we would have to win our last game to take the division that seems unlikely.....so great game but would have love to have this weeks game be for the division instead.

Though a win this week would be huge in securing a playoff spot!!!! Too many teams behind us still!

blackholesun
12-18-2012, 12:08 PM
I'll be watching Sunday. The Hawks and Niners are two of the best teams right now and are very similar to each other.

Dra508
12-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Dra....

http://funnycollegepics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Suck-my-balls.jpg

Hahhaha sineater. Orange cats, my favorite. Congratulations, Brady is my boy.

So, I still get a consolation game against Blackholesun?

Dra508
12-23-2012, 08:48 AM
A Pox on Bettman and Fehr (http://cognoscenti.wbur.org/2012/12/17/nhl-lockout-e-m-swift)

I think there should be a job requirement that you love the sport, however that can be measured- I know plenty of people who have and have not played hockey that have more passion for the game then these two dolts.

AgentofChaos
12-28-2012, 02:55 PM
VICTORY

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8WpKdj9awek/TeXTXwYsuEI/AAAAAAAAAcI/XpOqGt85hJg/s1600/johnny_drama_victory.jpg

=

http://www.gotimeline.info/wp-content/uploads/187-abstract-drink-and-smoke.jpg

+

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2009/11/8/1257676031933/A-man-snorting-cocaine-001.jpg

+

http://www.7msport.com/news/upload_img/20121220/5_2012122012095068.jpg

=

http://b.vimeocdn.com/ts/110/957/110957477_640.jpg

I WIN.

blackholesun
12-29-2012, 05:09 PM
This league is forever unclean.

Kid Charlemagne
12-30-2012, 02:47 AM
This league is forever unclean.

What former ETS member is our Shiva?

sentient02970
12-30-2012, 06:34 PM
Green Bay..wtf?

NotoriousTIMP
12-30-2012, 06:46 PM
So I live across the street from the stadium here in Seattle. Whenever the hawks score a TD they fire off some fireworks which cause my dogs to go nuts and with the tape delay, it ruins the surprise of the current play :(

Edit: man, this game has been plagued with flags left and right....it's almost like every other play gets a flag thrown on it

Dra508
12-30-2012, 07:09 PM
What former ETS member is our Shiva?

Commish, don't play coy.

Tums206_BFY
12-31-2012, 01:48 PM
RW3 VS RG3 first round of the playoffs!!!!!!! Hopefully it's a good game I am excited but nervous we struggle on the road but I hope we at least make it a game and we have a chance to win that is for sure. Both teams are coming in hot Deadskins winning something like what 7 in a row and the Hawks winning 5 so something has to give!!!!!!

It's time for another Golden Tate/ Russell Mania Miracle! Miracle at the Belt Way Fiscal Cliff Edition! Go Hawks!!!!!! 11-5 gotta be proud of that season, I told all my friends we would go 10-6 at the start of the season especially since I considered our post bye schedule extremely favorable.

blackholesun
01-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Lockout over!

october_midnight
01-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Yeah and commence the generic bitching on my Facebook and Twitter feeds lol.

ManBurning
01-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Yeah and commence the generic bitching on my Facebook and Twitter feeds lol.

Generic bitching that they are glad that it's over or genertic bitching that they wanted the lockout to continue and are pissed off it has been resolved?

I fall in the latter category. can't stand hockey for what it's worth, lol!

october_midnight
01-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Haha no just the expected horseshit. The 'it's too late!' and 'I don't care anymore!' yada yada type stuff that's expected of course to be all over every social media outlet for the next day...but seriously. For the past few months I've noticed more than ever how much social media brings out the herd mentality in people. I went to the NHL Facebook page and the announcement had like, 2100+ comments and I thought 'please let me just see anything different from the other generic comments' (like I just mentioned). Nope.

Deepvoid
01-06-2013, 10:40 PM
So happy we'll get some hockey. Habs better sign Subban ASAP. Can't wait to see Galchenyuk.

Tums206_BFY
01-07-2013, 12:18 AM
Hawks!!!! Our first road playoff victory since 1983! Hotlanta you next!

RG3's final moment in the game looked nasty hope the dude is okay he killed us the first quarter but wasn't the same after. Still you play to win the game (Herm Edwards voice). Anyways happy for my Hawks!!!!!!

NotoriousTIMP
01-07-2013, 01:25 AM
Hell yeah, another hawks fan! :)

Man, I almost became worried after the seeing what went down in the 1st but the hawks quickly got back on their feet and got things rolling.

ManBurning
01-07-2013, 02:22 AM
Haha no just the expected horseshit. The 'it's too late!' and 'I don't care anymore!' yada yada type stuff that's expected of course to be all over every social media outlet for the next day...but seriously. For the past few months I've noticed more than ever how much social media brings out the herd mentality in people. I went to the NHL Facebook page and the announcement had like, 2100+ comments and I thought 'please let me just see anything different from the other generic comments' (like I just mentioned). Nope.

Well, yeah, the only reason I even found out was I woke up and my facebook feed was flooded with "NHL is back!!" and a bunch of people giving in their 2 cents. But, even then so, I have 1 friend that was bitching about Gary Bettman and all these big wig hockey execs everyday for the last 6 months. When he first announced the possibility of a hockey lockout in August I jumped for fucking joy, and I was like "phew, Shawn isn't going to post about hockey for a whole year.... thank god!" But boy, boy, boy was I ever WRONG! instead of updates about hockey scores and team and player stats it was "fuck you Gary bettman" and "give me my goddamn hockey" it's like... c'mon man, give it a rest.

Stereo75
01-07-2013, 02:50 PM
I'm just happy that the lock-out is over, because I now can go back to work instead of trying to find a REAL job.:p I miss telling people what to do. And watching nothing but NFL & B-Ball on Sportscentre is bringing me down. Maybe now my psoriasis will clear up from the upcoming lack of stress.

#gojetsgo

blackholesun
01-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Do you work for the Jets?

Knowing that we we are less than 2 weeks away from an NHL season is a good feeling. Though cancelling the first half of the season is still a MAJOR blemish on the league.

NotoriousTIMP
01-07-2013, 05:44 PM
^^^
Isn't it past the point of being a blemish now? How many times have the NHL had a lockout?

Presideo
01-07-2013, 11:52 PM
Though cancelling the first half of the season is still a MAJOR blemish on the league.
Not really. The NHL schedule is bloated anyways, and it's certainly better than a full cancellation like before. By playoff time nobody will even care that there was a lockout.

It seems like lockouts are commonplace in U.S sports now. Greedy owners and unions fighting for as much revenue as possible because they know fans will buy their product anyways.

blackholesun
01-08-2013, 01:48 AM
I will care. I remember the last 2 lockouts and feel like it is a big blemish on the league. What other major sports league has cancelled games? I love hockey. I love the NHL. I can move past this. But this is a dark part of the history of the NHL. Glad the season is gonna continue but I'm not going to pretend the last 4 months haven't existed.

Cat Mom
01-08-2013, 06:52 AM
The whole mess just shows how major league sports is WAY too much about $$$$ and not nearly enough about sports. The players are just as, if not more, guilty. Too much greed all the way around.

Glad we will actually get a hockey season this year! I didn't really miss it, though, oddly enough. Presideo is right: been too bloated for years. I say get rid of all but the Original Six!!!!

:-)

AgentofChaos
01-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Ya I'm super jacked to have hockey back. I was in the camp of just cancel the season, fuck it, I'd come back in October, as I was enjoying following the NBA a little closer than I normally would. But now that its here, it's incredibly exciting. Especially if the Leafs can bring in Luongo. I haven't seen the playoffs in almost 10 years so anything to make that happen is fine by me. Either way, the condensed schedule is going to be intense. I look forward to seeing some of our young guys; Frattin, Kadri, Gardiner, & Reilly log some quality minutes and start to take control of this team. The younger and faster you are this season the better off you will be down the stretch.

As far as the NHL goes, it would never happen but I would contract 8 teams. Move 2 to different markets, and have 2 expansion teams. Go with 24 teams, almost all in healthy markets, and the revenue sharing would be through the roof.

Northern Conference
Toronto
GTA 2
Ottawa
Montreal
Quebec City
Boston
Hartford (Canes)
Buffalo

Eastern Conference
New York
Brooklyn (Isles)
New Jersey
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Washington
Chicago
Detroit

Western Conference
Vancouver
Calgary
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Colorado
Minnesota
Los Angeles
San Jose

Each conference winner is seeded 1 through 3, and seed the remaining 13 teams in order of points, March Madness style (1v16, 2v15, etc). The playoff battles would be crazy.

In any case, can't wait to wash the World Juniors taste of defeat out of my mouth. GO LEAFS GO

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Mikhail+Grabovski+Toronto+Maple+Leafs+v+Montreal+P vivCELi3VSl.jpg

http://i.thestar.com/images/2b/09/8025b6d14b94a09395d351699e9c.jpeg

http://theslapshot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/kessel1-300x233.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RbxjFogtnOk/UFY9rYIX5jI/AAAAAAAAFhM/BT-HRexcF1w/s1600/04%2BGoLeafsGo.jpg

Stereo75
01-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Do you work for the Jets?

Not exactly. I'm the main 'Conversion Supervisor' at the MTS Centre. I supervise the local crews who convert from hockey to concerts/events & back. I work for an outside company that provides contract labor & stagehands, instead of the union (IATSE). Don't hate me.:p

blackholesun
01-09-2013, 12:38 PM
Not exactly. I'm the main 'Conversion Supervisor' at the MTS Centre. I supervise the local crews who convert from hockey to concerts/events & back. I work for an outside company that provides contract labor & stagehands, instead of the union (IATSE). Don't hate me.:p

Oh well that's pretty neat haha. No hate here. Sounds like a pretty cool job.

Apparently Brian Burke has just been fired by the Maple Leafs.

Deepvoid
01-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Yeah! Burke out! Timing is quite odd but then again, we're dealing with the Leafs here.

october_midnight
01-09-2013, 02:07 PM
Maybe his failure to land Luongo was the last straw? Let's see what Nonis' first big move is...