PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Watching?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

theruiner
06-14-2013, 07:57 PM
Rewatching the first season of The Shield. I was only going to watch a little bit (I still plan on buying the DVDs at some point and wanted to save my second run-through for those) but it's on Hulu right now and I just got sucked in. I have to say, the first season is pretty rough around the edges (more than I remember) but I just finished episode ten and it is finally starting to show hints at how powerful this show eventually becomes. The hard part will be stopping myself from jumping into the second season after this (going to wait for the DVDs for the rest after season one).

eversonpoe
06-14-2013, 11:09 PM
watched "In The Mouth Of Madness" and started "Psycho 2" with Rifftrax.

loving john carpenter more with every film of his i watch.

how did psycho 2 ever get made? the riffing is amazing but, my goodness, what a shitty piece of film.

Fixer808
06-14-2013, 11:28 PM
Watch "The Thing" with commentary track from Carpenter and Kurt Russell, it's AWESOME.

eversonpoe
06-15-2013, 08:37 AM
Watch "The Thing" with commentary track from Carpenter and Kurt Russell, it's AWESOME.

i'll probably have to watch that on my own as it's quite...gross, and my fiancee doesn't like gore at all.

but, yeah, i've heard the commentary track is fantastic. guess that means i actually have to find a DVD instead of watching it on netflix. too bad they don't offer alternate audio tracks (besides occasional different languages).

Dra508
06-15-2013, 09:29 AM
The wire....

theruiner
06-15-2013, 11:50 PM
^^Did you just start watching it?

Dra508
06-16-2013, 07:52 AM
^^Did you just start watching it?

Season 1 episode 1. Wiki said that Dominic West does a great job with an American accent. I disagree. I can hear Yorkshire FFS. There are so many Brits and Aussies on American Television right now, I'm surprised the Conservatives around here aren't trying to round them up and deport them. Oh, they only do that to poor Latinos taking our jobs. But actors covering their accents to sound American, on American TV isn't ? (Now is when y'all should be noting my sarcasm).

Lead character in Longmire, excellent American accent- I had no idea he was from OZ. The black CIA director on Homeland, a Brit - great accent. Naomi Watts as Valerie Plame in Fair Game, descent job with the accent. Heck, Jonathan Rhys-Myers did something I can't remember- good American accent.

Am I being too persnickety? Yeah, I am. :/. Do dozens of Americans put on accents in films? yes they do. What kind of job do they do? I actually would love to know.

dominik
06-16-2013, 08:52 AM
oh man, i must watch this film.

before i hit play, i thought it was going to be from Adventures In Dinosaur City (starring everyone's favorite, Omri Katz)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVXXf-LOAa8

Space Suicide
06-19-2013, 06:42 PM
http://unitedmonkee.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/tales-from-the-crypt-season-1.jpg

mfte
06-20-2013, 07:27 AM
War of the Roses - this movie is still shinning, and a nice cameo from Homer Simpson

King of the Hill - Still a hilarious show. There was a reference to TPS Reports in the episode I watched.

Elke
06-20-2013, 10:11 AM
After much swooning by one of my coworkers, I gave Supernatural a try. Turned out to be a bad idea: I'm starting season 4 as we speak... Kind of unhealthily addictive.

Jinsai
06-20-2013, 02:26 PM
I finally rented and watched Zero Dark Thirty, which is something I've been meaning to do for a while now.

Holy shit, what the fuck?! That movie SUCKED. That was a terrible film! There was practically nothing about it that wasn't terrible. Fuck you Katherine Bigalow, fuck you America, fuck. Just fuck.

What a load of shit. I want my money back.

Dra508
06-20-2013, 04:13 PM
^^^ Thanks for the warning. Taking out of my queue.

Saw Frances Ha the other day. I need to go see more art house movies to appreciate it. I do know this - starting out, trying to live in NYC must suck. That place is ridiculously expensive. No wonder Brooklyn is so popular now*

*I totally get why there is middle income subsidized and rental stabilized housing.

sentient02970
06-20-2013, 10:28 PM
Season 1 episode 1. Wiki said that Dominic West does a great job with an American accent. I disagree. I can hear Yorkshire FFS. There are so many Brits and Aussies on American Television right now, I'm surprised the Conservatives around here aren't trying to round them up and deport them. Oh, they only do that to poor Latinos taking our jobs. But actors covering their accents to sound American, on American TV isn't ? (Now is when y'all should be noting my sarcasm).

Lead character in Longmire, excellent American accent- I had no idea he was from OZ. The black CIA director on Homeland, a Brit - great accent. Naomi Watts as Valerie Plame in Fair Game, descent job with the accent. Heck, Jonathan Rhys-Myers did something I can't remember- good American accent.

Am I being too persnickety? Yeah, I am. :/. Do dozens of Americans put on accents in films? yes they do. What kind of job do they do? I actually would love to know.

Idris Elba does an amazing job of hiding his accent here. Oh and his acting is right in step.

Back to watching polish short films again.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/84/Dekaloguedvdalt.jpg/200px-Dekaloguedvdalt.jpg

thevoid99
06-20-2013, 10:47 PM
Idris Elba does an amazing job of hiding his accent here. Oh and his acting is right in step.

Back to watching polish short films again.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/84/Dekaloguedvdalt.jpg/200px-Dekaloguedvdalt.jpg

Oh, I'm going to be watching that this summer as part of my year-long Blind Spot series along with Stagecoach, Sunset Boulevard, Battle Royale, Ali Fear Eats the Soul, and Battleship Pontemkin.

Deepvoid
06-21-2013, 01:05 PM
I started this little project to watch 100 years of cinema history.
Basically, I'm gonna go back in time 100 years and watch 1 movie per year up to 2013.

My 1913 movie was Fantômas - À l'ombre de la guillotine (french silent movie). It was surprisingly good.
My 1914 movie will be a Charlie Chaplin short. Haven't decided which one yet.

ManBurning
06-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Went to the theatre to see a movie called "The Kings of summer" last night about a group of teenagers sick of living at home in their parents place, they decide to go build their own house in the middle of the woods and live parental free, on their own rules for the summer.

Spectacular movie! Probably the best movie i've seen all year. It's in limited release, so it may only be showing in 1 theatre in a big city. Smaller city's will have to wait for a DVD release most likley. But if it's playing in your area, go check it out. It's like a modern day version of "stand by me", it's a funny movie as well. There is a serious underlying message about friendship as well, it's a great movie. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT watch a trailer before you go into the movie, I started watching one and turned it off after a minute or so, it was giving away the whole movie, and I knew I wanted to see it based on the buzz it was getting.

I hate movie trailers. I'm gonna try and stop watching them now, they do nothing but ruin all the good parts of the movie now, if not show the whole movie altogether. I've made a deal with myself to never watch a movie trailer for a movie I KNOW i'm going to go see again. If it's something I have never heard of, or a movie I am on the fence for, i'll still watch a trailer. But for those movies you automatically KNOW you want to see just by the title, i'm done with watching trailers for those.

Dra508
06-22-2013, 06:13 PM
e la guillotine (french silent movie). It was surprisingly good.
My 1914 movie will be a Charlie Chaplin short. Haven't decided which one yet.Making A Living.

1915 will be tough: The Tramp or The Birth of a Nation

AgentofChaos
06-22-2013, 10:33 PM
Two films that I am shocked do not have their own threads, but figured it is kind of pointless to start one for them now;

Before Midnight tore me to shreds emotionally in the best way possible. Best film I have seen in a long time. So moving.

This is the End was a fucking riot. Best comedy I have seen in a long time. I was howling the entire time. Just so ridiculous and awesome.

And since I just posted in the TMNT thread, I got to thinking more about Michael Bay. I know he's a style over substance, a bit out of touch sex and explosion sells kind of guy AND I know he isn't even directing TMNT... but I have to say... I really think it's unfair that he gets such a bad rap.

If you look at his film cannon, I'd break it down like this. I haven't seen Pain and Gain but I've actually heard decent things.

Good
The Rock
Armageddon
Transformers

Average Popcorn Flick
Pearl Harbour
Bad Boys
The Island
Transformers 3

Absolute Garbage
Bad Boys II
Transformers II

There are plenty of filmmakers who have much worse breakdowns then that who get WAY more respect. It seems he only truly sucks when he is trying to make a sequel. I expect to get flamed to oblivion for this post but whatever I don't care.

ibanez33
06-23-2013, 12:50 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51og4gYQpDL.jpg

Best zombie movie ever made.

OOH 'E'S GOT AN ARM OFF!!!

sa_nick
06-23-2013, 01:34 AM
MOVIES I’VE WATCHED THIS YEAR! (my fav’s in bold)

360, A Bag of Hammers, A Better Life, A Late Quartet, A Life Less Ordinary, A Mighty Wind, A Single Man, Almost Famous, American Psycho, Another Earth, Any Day Now, Any Given Sunday, Art School Confidential, Batman Returns, Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, Bellflower, Big Fan, Blue Like Jazz, Boy, Brick, Bronson, Brooklyn Brothers, Cape Fear, Carlito’s Way, Carnage, Celeste and Jesse Forever, Chaplin, Charlie Wilson’s War, Chinese Zodiac, Cleanskin, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs , Collaborator, Compliance, Cracks, Detachment, Dirty Girl, Django Unchained, Do the Right Thing, Dogtown and Z-Boys, Dogville, Down By Law, Down in the Valley, Drive, Empire Records, Everything Must Go, Fame, Fat Kid Rules the World, Fearless, Flight, Fracture, Funny Games, Gangster Squad, Get the Gringo, Ghost Dog The Way Of The Samurai, Glengarry Glen Ross, Harry Brown, Hawking, He Died With A Felafel In His Hand, Hello I Must Be Going, Hitchc0ck, Hollywood Ending, Holy Smoke, Hounddog, Hyde Park on Hudson, I Am Not A Hipster, In America, In Search of a Midnight Kiss, Inseparable, Into the White, Iris, Jack the Giant Slayer, Jacobs Ladder, Jesus Henry Christ, Junebug, Jurrasic Park 3D, Killer Joe, Killing Them Softly, Last Days, Lawless, Liberal Arts, Life of Pi, Lincoln, Little Birds, London Boulevard, Malcom X, Meek’s Cutoff, Mr Nice, My Awkward Sexual Adventure, My Brother the Devil, Nobody Walks, Not Fade Away, Nothing Personal, On the Road, People Like Us, Perfume - The Story Of A Murderer , Phoebe in Wonderland, Price Check, Promised Land, Return, Requiem For a Dream , Robot and Frank, Rudy, Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, Savages, Save the Date, Secrets and Lies, Serpico, Seven Psychopaths, Shadow Dancer, Side Effects, Silver Linings Playbook, Skyfall, Slacker, Sleepwalk With Me, Smashed, Somebody Up There Likes Me, Something The Lord Made, Stand Up Guys, Started For 10, Stealing Beauty, Super, Sweet and Lowdown, Take Me Home Tonight, Taken 2, Tape, That Evening Sun, The Artist, The Believer, The Big Lebowski , The Brass Teapot, The Company You Keep, The Evil Dead, The Factory, The Giant Mechanical Man, The Girl, The Girl in the Cafe, The Goodnight, The Goonies, The Impossible, The Liability, The Man with the Iron Fists, The Master, The Music Never Stopped, The Oranges, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Place Beyond the Pines, The Sessions, The Talented Mr Ripley, The Town, The Unbearable Lightness of Being, The United States of Leland, The Way Back, The We And The I, The Whistleblower, The Wrestler, The Year of Living Dangerously, This Is 40, To Rome With Love, Traffic, Unthinkable, Upside Down, Upstream Colour, Wall Street, Warm Bodies, Wild Bill, Wreck It Ralph, Wristcutters A Love Story, Year Of The Dragon, Zero Dark Thirty

FOREIGNish
13 Assassins , Amour, Auf der anderen Seite [The Edge of Heaven] , Bir zamanlar Anadolu'da [Once Upon a Time in Anatolia], Bom yeoreum gaeul gyeoul geurigo bom [Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... And Spring] , Celda 211 [Cell 211], Circumstance, Copie conforme [Certified Copy], Darbareye Elly, Das weiße Band - Eine deutsche Kindergeschichte [The White Ribbon], De rouille et d'os [Rust And Bone], Den skaldede frisør [Love Is All You Need], Elles, Elsker dig for evigt [Open Hearts], Evangelion 1.11 - You Are (Not) Alone, Få meg på, for faen [Turn Me On Dammit], Good Bye Lenin!, In film nist [This Is Not a Film], Kon-Tiki, Kynodontas [Dogtooth] , La môme [La Vie En Rose], La piel que habito [The Skin I Live In], L'Appartement [The Apartment], Låt den rätte komma in [Let the Right One In] , Le Charme Discret De La Bourgeoisie [The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie], Le gamin au vélo [The Kid With A Bike], L'Enfant [The Child], Letters From Iwo Jima, Lucia y el sexo [Sex and Lucia], Mars et Avril, Milyang [Secret Sunshine], Mimi wo sumaseba [Whisper of the Heart], Monsieur Lazhar, Notre jour viendra [Our Day Will Come], Omohide poro poro [Only Yesterday] , Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki [Wolf Children], Oslo, 31. August, Politist, adjectiv [Police, Adjective], Pusher 2, Rare Exports, Rundskop , Shi [Poetry], The Dreamers , Superman ieotdeon sanai [A Man Who Was Superman] , [B]The Intouchables, Tomboy, Trois couleurs –Bleu/Blanc /Rouge [Three Colours – Blue/White/Red], Umi ga kikoeru [Ocean Waves], Un prophète [A Prohpet], Wandafuru Raifu [After Life], Xingu, Yi Yi - A One and a Two

DOCO
5 Broken Cameras, Bus 174, Hit So Hard, Lords of Dogtown, Shut Up And Play The Hits, All I Can, Bombay Beach, Bones Brigade - An Autobiography, Bully, Crumb, Dave Chappelles Block Party, Foo Fighters - Back and Forth, I Am Trying to Break Your Heart, Justice - A Cross The Universe, loudQUIETloud - A Film About the Pixies, Murderball, Paradise Lost 1 - The Child Murders At Robin Hood Hills, Paradise Lost 2 – Revelations, Paradise Lost 3 – Purgatory, Rush Beyond The Lighted Stage, Samsara, Searching for Sugar Man, Side by Side, Sound City, Super High Me, The Arrested Development Documentary Project, The Interrupters, The Jeffrey Dahmer Files, The.Corporation, The Pixar Story, Undefeated

258 movies in under 6 months... More films than I watched in 2011 when I was acting TRYING to watch a movie a day.

ibanez33
06-23-2013, 01:57 AM
sheeeeit that's a lot of movies. I usually go for 2 or 3 a week but even then at least 1 of them is a rewatch of something I already like (usually Pulp Fiction or SotD).

Vertigo
06-23-2013, 02:54 AM
sheeeeit that's a lot of movies. I usually go for 2 or 3 a week but even then at least 1 of them is a rewatch of something I already like (usually Pulp Fiction or SotD).

Duder, given the hundreds of thousands of films in existence, it is perhaps appropriate to actually say the title of what you're thinking of, rather than eliciting guesswork. Start of the Day? Sex on the Dead? Suntan of the Dromedary?

Zipfinator
06-23-2013, 03:11 AM
Duder, given the hundreds of thousands of films in existence, it is perhaps appropriate to actually say the title of what you're thinking of, rather than eliciting guesswork. Start of the Day? Sex on the Dead? Suntan of the Dromedary?

I like to think it's Salty on the Dick.

ibanez33
06-23-2013, 03:17 AM

Shaun of The Dead, sorry. I mentioned it 2 or 3 posts up.

Salty on the Dick is next weekend.

edit Just started watching Archer, which is now something I wish I'd done 4 years ago.

Space Suicide
06-23-2013, 07:29 AM
Moving along...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51QREGQJKQL.jpg

Elke
06-23-2013, 10:23 AM
Went to see Star Trek: Into Darkness again today, second time, and OH MY GOD. Every bit as good as I remember. Even more brilliant on retrospect, really.

Deepvoid
06-23-2013, 03:06 PM
Making A Living.

Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate it. Will look into them.

sa_nick
06-23-2013, 03:28 PM

I was never a huge fan of re-watching films a bunch. Of the 258 I've watched this year I've seen 12 (13 if you include Jurrasic Park 3D) of them before and the only reason I watched them was because I bought them on blu ray. I still have another 120 films downloaded and another 250 movies bookmarked.

But yeah, I fucked up my back last September and have been unable to work of follow my other passions like drumming, photography or film MAKING ever since... thus the influx of films. Surgery in two days though :D

eversonpoe
06-23-2013, 05:22 PM
I was never a huge fan of re-watching films a bunch. Of the 258 I've watched this year I've seen 12 (13 if you include Jurrasic Park 3D) of them before and the only reason I watched them was because I bought them on blu ray. I still have another 120 films downloaded and another 250 movies bookmarked.

But yeah, I fucked up my back last September and have been unable to work of follow my other passions like drumming, photography or film MAKING ever since... thus the influx of films. Surgery in two days though :D

a) that's impressive

b) sorry to hear. good luck in surgery!

Pillfred
06-25-2013, 05:42 PM
Picked up Jack Reacher(?) and the newest GI JOE. The redbox had not a lot to choose from and i've pretty well picked over the library at this point. Recently watched Detachment which if bleak was pretty good. I also tried to watch Burning Man in the same night but it proved to much solitary introspection so finished it up the next day. Still on the fence about going to see The Man of Steel, just not sure if i wan't to spend the moneys.

As for rewatching movies i have a handful that i turn to fairly often, office space, clerks 2, waiting, and some others as well. Though i generally choose comedies as they tend to be mainly for background and brooding over Apocalypse Now while trying to get my knit on doesn't really do it for me.

[parasite]
06-26-2013, 02:53 PM
the last 2 eps of hannibal

ibanez33
06-27-2013, 05:44 AM
I'm only through 3 seasons of Archer but oh my god, I LOVE IT! It's like the animated, drunken love-child of James Bond and Seinfeld.

ILoveFestivals
06-28-2013, 09:20 PM
I just rewatched Zeitgeist. Very interesting/sickening film.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
06-28-2013, 10:43 PM
Finally got around to the third season of Bob's Burgers and man I love this show. I was really bummed when I heard it may be cancelled, but people started to wake up :D. Plus, the second season only had 9 episodes which sucked. Tina is just hilarious.

Elke
06-29-2013, 01:35 AM
Saw After Earth yesterday, a new sci-fi drama from M. Night Shyamalan with Will & Jaden Smith. All good reasons not to go, except there was no English version of despicable me and all the other movies were crap or Star Trek: Into Darkness.
So... not as bad as I'd expected, actually. Just a pretty fun movie, gorgeously shot, with some solid ideas and a lame but engaging story. Jaden Smith's starting to learn how to act, and Will Smith is actually impressive. M. Night only took the tricks from his playbook that actually work in this movie, and he is a very competent director, so...
Not bad.

ibanez33
06-30-2013, 01:10 AM
About to watch The Departed, heard a ton of great things about it but never actually checked it out.

Holy fucking shit that was awesome

thelastdisciple
06-30-2013, 04:40 AM
MOVIES I’VE WATCHED THIS YEAR! (my fav’s in bold)

wall of movies

258 movies in under 6 months... More films than I watched in 2011 when I was acting TRYING to watch a movie a day.
are you on flickchart by chance?

if not you should check it out, rob sheridan's even got an account on there. it's a pretty cool site for film buffs.

Oh and i just watched Hope Springs with my folks, haha it was kinda awkward cause they're sort of exactly like the couple having troubles in that movie.. well not exactly but close.

ibanez33
07-06-2013, 01:23 AM
http://images.moviepostershop.com/the-machinist-movie-poster-2004-1020245399.jpg

mfte
07-08-2013, 09:57 AM
Watched this over the weekend. Great idea for a movie that fails because of poor execution. Cage is pretty great in it especially towards the end. I liked how this movie was less about vampires than it was about mental illness. Next time I saw a street person muttering nonsense out loud, it made me think twice.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d0/Vampires_kiss.jpg

Deepvoid
07-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Making A Living.

Went with The Birth of a Nation for 1915. Halfway through. To be honest, I find sitting through a 3-hour slient movie, a bit of a challenge. Movie is good so far.
1914 ended up going to Between Showers.

Will likely watch The Rink for 1916.

Pillfred
07-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Jeremiah Johnson - I feel like getting my mountain man on tonight.

mfte
07-11-2013, 10:55 AM
A friend recommended a Danish comedy called KLOWN today. Described it as a really funny Curb Your Enthusiasm style ting.

xmd 5a
07-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Just finished House of Cards (US).

There's a reason I tend to wait for a few seasons to come out before I get into a show. Fucking brutal cliffhanger!

ryanmcfly
07-12-2013, 10:29 AM
Sharknado might be the greatest movie I've ever seen.

eversonpoe
07-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Sharknado might be the greatest movie I've ever seen.

my friend DVR'd it and is hosting a viewing party tomorrow night. i am so fucking excited. i want to make some kind of sharknado-themed foodstuff, but i'm not sure how to do that...

Space Suicide
07-12-2013, 12:40 PM
my friend DVR'd it and is hosting a viewing party tomorrow night. i am so fucking excited. i want to make some kind of sharknado-themed foodstuff, but i'm not sure how to do that...

Whatever you use, bring an industrial fan with you. Make it that much better.

ibanez33
07-13-2013, 04:17 AM
I just watched it tonight and it was fucking glorious. I had to pause it a few times because I was laughing so hard, mainly every time he used a chainsaw.

ImTheWiseJanitor
07-14-2013, 01:36 AM
I HAVE to finish Sharknado. :( I only managed to see the part with the shark in the house and the school bus.

But anyway, I finally started Twin Peaks. And you guys were right. It's weird as fuck. But you know what? I fucking love it. (I've also been watching a play-through for Deadly Premonition, before I even started the pilot episode, and that shit really IS just Twin Peaks: The Game.) So awesomely weird.

Elke
07-14-2013, 02:03 AM
Finished Supernatural, season 8 - so yeah, that wasn't me being a total monomaniac at all. Brilliant show though.

In also - finally - saw Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (fun movie, ace Simon Pegg) and Jack Reacher (actually a pretty good movie, I was expecting Cruise doing Cruise but it was really interesting). And re-watched Rock of Ages with a friend yesterday - really silly but fun. So, there's definitely a theme there :)

ibanez33
07-14-2013, 05:13 AM
i have to finish sharknado. :( i only managed to see the part with the shark in the house and the school bus.

oh my god finish it it gets so much worse and/or/ funnier

*edit* can we please do something about this no-all-caps thing? I'm dying here.

ImTheWiseJanitor
07-14-2013, 06:14 AM
There was never a greater need for all-caps than after the emergence...of Sharknado.

eversonpoe
07-14-2013, 08:45 AM
so, watching sharknado last night in a room full of drinking/drunk people (i was drinking "shark juice" which was really just Bacardi Zombie...it looked and tasted like a blue kool-aid kool-burst) was amazing.

we were ALL throwing out ridiculous puns and one-liners trying to one-up the movie. i got one good one but, for the life of me, i can't remember it.

i think the best was when john heard killed a shark with a stool and someone said "have a seat."

Fixer808
07-14-2013, 09:00 AM
Just started watching The Mighty Boosh after seeing an episode of Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy. Truly fantastic what-the-fuckery.

Dra508
07-19-2013, 03:23 PM
Orange Is The New Black on Netflix. I read a couple of reviews that it was good. Two episodes in, I like it so far. I promised the BF we'd watch it together. I hope I don't Netflix cheat on him. :P

theruiner
07-19-2013, 10:39 PM
^^I'm probably going to start that this weekend. I keep hearing really good things about it.

Also, I finally got around to watching an episode of Black Books on my friend's recommendation. The first episode was...ok. But I'm going to stick with it.

Fixer808
07-19-2013, 11:44 PM
Black Books is great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLCLo6-SI9E

eversonpoe
07-20-2013, 09:09 AM
the best part is when manny pops up with pigtails. oh man...

Tums206_BFY
07-20-2013, 07:12 PM
Saw Dig yesterday for the first time ever, Don't know why it took me so long to watch this movie.... Really enjoyed it.

I know The Dandy's have sorta distance themselves away from this film because of how they feel it came out and portrayed both bands specially The Brian Jonestown Massacre in such a bad light but man can't say some of the stuff the DW's were saying were not true.

Anton Newcombe just came out looking like a self pretentious junkie prick, who was obsessed and jealous of Courtney and the Dandy's. There is no denying the man has talent he is just full of himself, I think one guy in the film said it best (not an exact quote mind you) "If Anton could clone himself and be the whole band he would", like Anton wouldn't have been that dis-likable if he would have some sense of reality. Saying that though in my opinion he wasn't the worst, Joel Gion oh man that dude just annoyed me the entire film, nothing likable about that dude seems like all he has ever done is just ride Anton's coattails. I honestly just wanted to punch that dude in the face that is how much he bothered me. Didn't like Matt Hollywood either but at least he seemed normal and willing to stand up to Anton. Peter Hayes was like Fuck it don't need this shit.

It was cool to see the different paths two bands took and how it affected their friendship and rivalry. The story obviously was a little bit more centered on Newcombe and his band. But it also showed the struggles of bands in the indie scene and even in the corporate scene. Man that Anton...

themethatyouknow
07-21-2013, 10:27 PM
Just resaw Summer Rental. Goddamn John Candy was the man :(

thevoid99
07-21-2013, 11:21 PM
Just resaw Summer Rental. Goddamn John Candy was the man :(

I totally miss John Candy. The dude was just simply one of the great comedy actors out there and he had the chops to do drama. I think if he is still around. He would have a career similar to what Bill Murray has with Wes Anderson. Plus, if John Hughes was also still alive. He and Candy would've made more films together though I'm not sure if that sounds promising considering the family film direction that Hughes was going for at that time.

Dra508
07-22-2013, 03:53 PM
Orange Is The New Black on Netflix. I read a couple of reviews that it was good. Two episodes in, I like it so far. I promised the BF we'd watch it together. I hope I don't Netflix cheat on him. :P4 more episodes left to watch - I agree with one review I heard that almost all the characters are fully vetted. Edit: done. Characters were good. I never watched Weeds but I'm guessing the balance between humor and hard reality is similar hear.

Need to go catch up on my Longmire.

Piko
07-28-2013, 10:20 AM
Trying to give Justified a shot. About midway through the first season. Not sure what I think of it yet... I usually try to finish at least the first season before really judging it. But, i'm not really feeling it so far. Does it pick up? Because it progresses kinda slowly, if you even want to call it progression.

rhet
07-28-2013, 10:33 AM
Did anyone else (in the UK probably) watch the When Bjork Met Attenborough show? I was so excited to watch it when I first saw the previews cause I love both of them and it was pretty interesting but it felt like half the time Attenborough was just talking at Bjork, telling her about her own music. Obviously she wasn't very engaged and looked bored half the time. What a disappointment!

Vertigo
07-28-2013, 12:29 PM
Yeah, I've just been watching it. I don't know if Bjork looked bored so much as... shy? Confused? Still, the doc was largely about the making and inspiration of Biophilia, and I found it rather fascinating. Some great sounds and melodies in there, I'll definitely be picking it up.

rhet
07-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I've just been watching it. I don't know if Bjork looked bored so much as... shy? Confused? Still, the doc was largely about the making and inspiration of Biophilia, and I found it rather fascinating. Some great sounds and melodies in there, I'll definitely be picking it up.

I really enjoyed it over all but was a bit confused as to why they were talking about Biophilia like it hadn't been released yet when it's been out for a couple of years now. Did give an interesting look at an album I really enjoy I suppose. The tesla coil as a bass line bit was especially cool.

Tums206_BFY
07-28-2013, 01:14 PM
Trying to give Justified a shot. About midway through the first season. Not sure what I think of it yet... I usually try to finish at least the first season before really judging it. But, i'm not really feeling it so far. Does it pick up? Because it progresses kinda slowly, if you even want to call it progression.

Yes it does! The first season was kinda weird because if I remember correctly specially in the first half of it there was a lot of stand alone episodes and it didn't really come together til towards the end, the main storyline they were trying to convey. The second through fourth season have done a way better job of doing that, granted there are a few episodes in there that at times divert from the main focus of that seasons story. Season Two is phenomenal btw, was very happy when Margo Martindale got her Emmy for her part in it. I recommend to at least try to get there and maybe that'll give you a better picture of the show.

Piko
07-28-2013, 01:38 PM
Yes it does! The first season was kinda weird because if I remember correctly specially in the first half of it there was a lot of stand alone episodes and it didn't really come together til towards the end, the main storyline they were trying to convey. The second through fourth season have done a way better job of doing that, granted there are a few episodes in there that at times divert from the main focus of that seasons story. Season Two is phenomenal btw, was very happy when Margo Martindale got her Emmy for her part in it. I recommend to at least try to get there and maybe that'll give you a better picture of the show.

Yeah, it's been nothing but standalone episodes so far. I'll keep going.

Space Suicide
08-03-2013, 07:57 PM
http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/flapjack-ix1.jpg

miss k bee
08-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Les Miserables - better than I thought it would be
Stoker - weird but nicely styled
For A Good Time Call - funny
The Incredible Burt Wonderstone - fell asleep half way through and Jim Carey's character was very annoying
Identity Thief - not bad

xmd 5a
08-05-2013, 07:53 PM
My wife and I are working our way through The Twilight Zone (original series). Almost finished season 2. A fair amount of the episodes still hold up extraordinarily well to this day.

miss k bee
08-09-2013, 05:56 PM
Love Spartacus, watching an episode of Gods of the Arena again.

thevoid99
08-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Love Spartacus, watching an episode of Gods of the Arena again.

That's a fucking good show!!!! I miss that show. The only good dramatic show (aside from Boss) that Starz has made.

sentient02970
08-14-2013, 03:26 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcoqQqr8sKHEiBPas0llhgdo_98LUhN hCYi5o8I4GHpOzOMfHCZg

spiralout
08-14-2013, 04:57 PM
Going to go see Sound City at an art museum tomorrow night. Looking forward to this as I have yet to watch it.

october_midnight
08-16-2013, 07:04 PM
Won two passes to see 'Paranoia'....then went to Rotten Tomatoes. 2. (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/paranoia_2013/)

thevoid99
08-16-2013, 08:31 PM
Won two passes to see 'Paranoia'....then went to Rotten Tomatoes. 2. (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/paranoia_2013/)

Never trust anyone who helmed bad rom-com films with Katherine Heigl or made Jane Fonda act completely nuts. Plus, watching 21 by that guy showed me how not to shoot a film digitally in Las Vegas.

onthewall2983
08-17-2013, 01:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1fTkF8PIu0

Was on PBS this week, very enlightening (no pun intended) stuff.

hobochic
08-18-2013, 02:53 PM
Oh, I'm going to be watching that this summer as part of my year-long Blind Spot series along with Stagecoach, Sunset Boulevard, Battle Royale, Ali Fear Eats the Soul, and Battleship Pontemkin.

Did you end up watching Sunset Blvd? It's on my list of films to see ASAP.

Love the poster:
http://www.legendaryauctions.com/ItemImages/000017/6311_med.jpeg

thevoid99
08-18-2013, 04:18 PM
Did you end up watching Sunset Blvd? It's on my list of films to see ASAP.

Love the poster:
http://www.legendaryauctions.com/ItemImages/000017/6311_med.jpeg

No, this past week. I just finished The Decalogue which is one of my Blind Spots. So now, I have four to go. Sunset Boulevard I'll do in November.

[parasite]
08-18-2013, 04:33 PM
i'm watching Primer again.... this fucks my head up

hobochic
08-18-2013, 06:20 PM
The Thin Red Line

http://www.movieposterdb.com/posters/05_08/1998/0120863/l_40777_0120863_659c5663.jpg

Alexandros
08-19-2013, 02:43 AM
Wow, Stoker was almost mesmerising to watch at times. Unsettling camera movements and angles, excellent use of sound and music in creating atmosphere and a creepy feeling to everything. The story is pretty simple and does not offer much in terms of originality, but the way it is told makes all the difference. Also, Mia Wasikowska is perfect for her role.

hobochic
08-20-2013, 04:51 AM
A pretty good reflection on the difference between The Thin Red Line vs Saving Private Ryan, or Terrence Malick vs Steven Spielberg:

"Saving Private Ryan was not one of those movies. It was, and remains, a perfect war film. At the time of its release, it was the best war film, since, what… Platoon? And the best WWII film, since, what… Patton? Which is to say, it was arguably the best war film ever made. Steven Spielberg had done it again. Just like he tackled the Holocaust in a way no one had seen, he had stormed the beaches of Normandy in a way no one was ready for. And then, a few short months later, something odd happened...."

continue here: http://www.andsoitbeginsfilms.com/2011/06/great-war-debate-saving-private-ryan-vs.html

thevoid99
08-20-2013, 03:39 PM
A pretty good reflection on the difference between The Thin Red Line vs Saving Private Ryan, or Terrence Malick vs Steven Spielberg:

"Saving Private Ryan was not one of those movies. It was, and remains, a perfect war film. At the time of its release, it was the best war film, since, what… Platoon? And the best WWII film, since, what… Patton? Which is to say, it was arguably the best war film ever made. Steven Spielberg had done it again. Just like he tackled the Holocaust in a way no one had seen, he had stormed the beaches of Normandy in a way no one was ready for. And then, a few short months later, something odd happened...."

continue here: http://www.andsoitbeginsfilms.com/2011/06/great-war-debate-saving-private-ryan-vs.html

I read that guy's blog all the time. Great writer. He also made a brilliant short that I think everyone should see.

miss k bee
08-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Hobo with a Shotgun must be one of the worst ever films, what was Rutger Hauer thinking!

I know its a spoof film but still.. and Racoons theme tune!

Piko
08-24-2013, 08:27 PM
Catching up with Low Winter Sun. Not nearly as bad as what some people are saying. Kinda seems like they're going for a vibe that The Wire went for, but more personal. It has potential, if given the chance. Definitely a slow builder. Just hopefully people can be patient and give it a shot.

[parasite]
08-25-2013, 04:50 PM
Shaun of the Dead

rhet
08-25-2013, 05:08 PM
Shaun of the Dead

I was just watching that as well. started off thinking 'ugh, i don't get why this is so popular' to by the end really enjoying it hah

qotsa_1992
08-26-2013, 12:28 AM
i'm watching heat after picking it up for 5 dollars on blu ray. never seen it before. so far so good

marodi
08-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Since the Batfleck thing exploded all over the Internet, everyone keeps quoting Jay and Silent Bob remark about Phantoms and it made me want to watch it again.

It's even worst than I remembered it to be. Dear lord it's bad. It's so bad that Liev Schreiber spends the whole movie looking like he's telling himself "this is going to be the biggest pile of shit ever; I might as well having fun doing it."

Pillfred
08-26-2013, 03:29 PM
Office Space
Always funny, every time.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk 4

qotsa_1992
08-27-2013, 01:51 AM
Watching the 80's movie "sleep away camp" for the first time.

Pillfred
08-27-2013, 01:38 PM
The second ones not bad either though not as "dark" iirc.

qotsa_1992
08-27-2013, 09:15 PM
The second ones not bad either though not as "dark" iirc.

(looks around) are you talkin to me?
but seriously, sleepaway camp was pretty good. It was a pretty shocking reveal I was not disappointed. The 2nd one is good?

Pillfred
08-27-2013, 09:58 PM
It's campier perhaps not as serious? but I remember liking it. Though that was some time ago

qotsa_1992
08-28-2013, 12:19 AM
It's campier perhaps not as serious? but I remember liking it. Though that was some time ago

will have to give it a watch. thanks. i'm currently on a slasher/80's horror movie phase and this one was to start it off

Tyson
08-28-2013, 04:14 AM
I laughed my way through every Sleepaway Camp a couple of months ago.

Pillfred
08-29-2013, 01:49 AM
Sideways
"I am not drinking any fucking merlot!"

[parasite]
08-29-2013, 03:56 AM
started "Fringe" again from season 1

Dra508
08-29-2013, 04:20 PM
I caught a couple episodes of The White Queen on Starz. Pretty low production value. Now, I know why costume design does get awards. This show has more quilting on men's top coats. I question the historic accuracy and then the acting - Acting in the genes, pfft I call bullshit- Jeremy Irons kid isn't very good.

ibanez33
08-29-2013, 04:51 PM
Gonna watch Heat for the first time tonight. Excited.

[parasite]
08-29-2013, 05:12 PM
the lost boys

Pillfred
08-29-2013, 07:51 PM
the lost boys

That's another I can watch any time.

Currently watching bitch nuts at work shed tears over having to work. Best entertainment I've had in a long time.

eversonpoe
08-29-2013, 08:02 PM
the lost boys

my friend alicia has never seen that, and she and her boyfriend and a few other people were supposed to come over a couple months ago to watch it (mini party, woo!), but things kept coming up, so it's FINALLY happening on monday night. i'm super excited, as it's one of my favorites.

ILoveFestivals
08-29-2013, 08:09 PM
Broadchurch is one hell of a show!

thevoid99
08-29-2013, 10:42 PM
I just watched The Grandmaster (the full-length 130-minute Chinese cut, not the 108-minute American cut that's coming out tomorrow) and it's a bit flawed but still, I think it's an incredible film. Not just in its action but also in its drama and melancholia. I read what got cut out for the American version and it just makes it terrible.

qotsa_1992
08-30-2013, 04:55 AM
just saw the remake of maniac with elijah wood. what a creepy film

onthewall2983
09-01-2013, 04:27 PM
http://www.impawards.com/1971/posters/anderson_tapes_xlg.jpg

Great movie. Also Walken's debut, all energized and youthful.

eversonpoe
09-02-2013, 07:15 PM
having a few friends over to watch The Lost Boys (one of them has never seen it).

i'm making it a theme night with blood (red wine), vampire teeth (watermelon wedges), and the signature drink (that i came up with yesterday), a vampire's kiss (white whiskey & raspberry lemonade with a splash of grenadine).

Pillfred
09-03-2013, 12:20 AM
^ Nice
Broke out The Cure: Trilogy DVD

Millionaire
09-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Just saw Evil Dead 2013. Wasn't really looking forward to it but it surprisingly worked for me. It was quite intense at times. What I appreciated was that there was no CG in it at all. Everything just looked nastier and grosser with practical effects, and the practical effects in this were really, really good.

[parasite]
09-03-2013, 05:02 PM
world war z

miss k bee
09-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Whitechapel is back on yes!

[parasite]
09-07-2013, 07:18 AM
Monza F1 Qualifying, via Sky F1 HD, had to sky+ it tho

eversonpoe
09-07-2013, 01:30 PM
watched the first x-files movie last night for the first time in years (and also the first time since i actually started watching the show). it was much better in its proper place chronologically (between seasons 5 & 6), and just as fun as i remembered. my fiancee had never seen it, either, and we've been making our way through the series together, so it was awesome.

[parasite]
09-07-2013, 04:46 PM
just watched "the worlds end"
not bad, really, better than I thought it would be!

orestes
09-07-2013, 11:22 PM
Netflix just added season three of Portlandia.

theyellowdart
09-08-2013, 09:03 AM
Not trying to be a horror film hipster, but if you liked the Maniac remake, you will like the original by Bill Lustig 10x more.

just saw the remake of maniac with elijah wood. what a creepy film

qotsa_1992
09-08-2013, 10:57 AM
I've seen the original as well it's just Elijah wood Is ridiculously creepy. Lol thanks for the recommendation though

Digital Twilight
09-09-2013, 10:52 AM
Daria - I haven't seen this since I was in school.

Fixer808
09-11-2013, 05:27 AM
Is it just me or could Lockout have been awesome if instead of Guy Pearce it had starred Kurt Russell and been called "Escape from Space"...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLTOzu8N1Pg

[parasite]
09-11-2013, 07:07 AM
back on the 'Magnum PI"

[parasite]
09-17-2013, 02:28 PM
just got back from watching Rush, then had to sit through About Time.......

now home and watching ep3 of Bates Motel and maybe carry on with those, for the rest of the evening, or until we fall asleep

Yoshata
09-17-2013, 02:30 PM
Just started watching Twin Peaks on Netflix for the first time a few nights ago. Gonna watch more tonight; very interesting so far. Also, watching The Legend of Korra as it's airing its new season. :)

Mantra
09-17-2013, 03:37 PM
Hey was that "Oz" show any good? I'm kind of interested in it but I don't know anyone who has seen it and can tell me what it's like and how the quality is.

eversonpoe
09-17-2013, 05:38 PM
Just started watching Twin Peaks on Netflix for the first time a few nights ago. Gonna watch more tonight; very interesting so far. Also, watching The Legend of Korra as it's airing its new season. :)

shit! i forgot korra started again. how is it? i LOVED the first season.

(also a huge twin peaks fan (http://25.media.tumblr.com/0e66135cddab997d81013c9c2dac74c4/tumblr_mlf1lbsX0d1qzcvl5o1_500.jpg))

Yoshata
09-17-2013, 08:41 PM
^^
Great so far. The premiere was one hour, and introduces some interesting new elements that are more reminiscent of the original series, I think. :)

Pillfred
09-19-2013, 04:28 PM
Drugstore Cowboy

*Now for Gone With The Wind.

sa_nick
09-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Hey was that "Oz" show any good? I'm kind of interested in it but I don't know anyone who has seen it and can tell me what it's like and how the quality is.

You can tell it was made 15 years ago but it's definitely worth watching. Fucking awesome show with a buncha cool characters played by an amazing cast.

Mantra
09-19-2013, 11:13 PM
^Okay cool. I'll have to check it out soon.

ibanez33
09-22-2013, 02:41 AM
I just watched "Somebody Up There Likes Me", and I don't know how I feel about it. It was really interesting the whole way through but it flipped back and forth between happy and sad quite a few times and just left me feeling kind of depressed. I liked it enough that I might rewatch it sometime if I've got an hour to kill but I wouldn't recommend it very strongly.

Millionaire
09-24-2013, 01:13 AM
Downton Motherfucking Abbey, motherfuckers

ChasingTheGhost
09-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Curse of Chucky, for the third time today.

Fixer808
09-24-2013, 06:57 PM
Oz was fucking intense, there were some amazing performances and some seriously good cliffhanger moments.

KarenLeslie
09-24-2013, 08:00 PM
H20: Just Add Water

Australian TV show from a few years back, it's pretty much for 8-year-olds but I'm a sucker for mermaids so I'm digging it. Even if you find the show stupid (which it often is), the underwater scenery is pretty amazing.

eversonpoe
09-24-2013, 11:09 PM
my finacee and i are obsessed with House Of Anubis. it's a nickelodeon soap opera that's basically harry potter meets the mummy. we can't get enough.

and there are so many freakin' episodes. amazon instant has them organized really stupidly, though; it goes from "season 1" to "season 4" but there's no 2 or 3 (and there are no missing episodes).

theruiner
09-25-2013, 02:43 AM
Oz was fucking intense, there were some amazing performances and some seriously good cliffhanger moments.I remember it being a really good show but I haven't watched it since it aired so I don't know how well it's aged.

Also, J.K. Simmons is amazing as Schillinger. For years after that show went off the air I couldn't see that guy in anything without seeing that character (and being pissed off). One of the best villains in TV history.

Fixer808
09-25-2013, 03:25 AM
RIGHT? Made it weird to see him as a cop on Law and Order! Some people inhabit a role so well it's hard to see them in other things.

Deepvoid
09-25-2013, 07:51 PM
I remember now why I like September so much. Beginning of the 2013-14 TV season.
Added 2 new shows this year. Blacklist and Sleepy Hollow.
Watched the pilot for Dads but didn't care for it. Any other new shows worth a shot?

Pillfred
09-25-2013, 08:22 PM
How is Sleepy Halloween? Seems kinda interesting.

Deepvoid
09-25-2013, 08:58 PM
I thought the pilot was entertaining. Tim Mison played his part well. I'm a fan of John Cho, so I'm glad to see him on there. Didn't get around the 2nd ep yet but I think it has potential.
Aside from Supernatural, there's not much on TV in this genre.

eversonpoe
09-26-2013, 08:05 AM
I thought the pilot was entertaining. Tim Mison played his part well. I'm a fan of John Cho, so I'm glad to see him on there. Didn't get around the 2nd ep yet but I think it has potential.
Aside from Supernatural, there's not much on TV in this genre.

grimm is pretty similar, genre-wise, (though i have yet to watch it) and once upon a time (which i love, but the CG is TERRIBLE) is kind of on the outskirts of the same field. plus, there's the new "once upon a time in wonderland" which looks like shit.

Wretchedest
09-26-2013, 11:02 PM
The new season of Mortal Kombat. Easily rivalling the 90's for cheese.

ibanez33
09-26-2013, 11:34 PM
The new season of Mortal Kombat.

You mean the Legacy series from a couple years back? That was awesome!

Wretchedest
09-26-2013, 11:57 PM
You mean the Legacy series from a couple years back? That was awesome!

Yeah! The second season came out in full today. It's mostly terrible. No where near as good as the previous season.

Deepvoid
09-27-2013, 07:29 AM
Yeah! The second season came out in full today. It's mostly terrible. No where near as good as the previous season.

That bad? Damn ... I was actually looking forward to this. Legacy was awesome!

johnhenry
09-27-2013, 11:03 AM
Watched Orange is the New Black and it was a good time. You can feel the Netflix demographic research in some of the story mechanics but there are a lot of well-drawn and -played characters and just enough soapy trashness to make it fun throughout. I want S2 already.

Deepvoid
09-28-2013, 08:03 AM
Adding The Crazy Ones to my TV schedule. Funny stuff!

miss k bee
10-01-2013, 03:19 PM
True Blood new season - waited for it on TV oldstyle

Just getting into Rules of Engagement

Pillfred
10-02-2013, 12:36 AM
Depeche Mode: One Night In Paris

Highly Psychological
10-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Homeward Bound the one about the dogs and the cat, oh my god, So beautiful. those animals are long dead now:(

onthewall2983
10-03-2013, 08:42 PM
Also, J.K. Simmons is amazing as Schillinger. For years after that show went off the air I couldn't see that guy in anything without seeing that character (and being pissed off). One of the best villains in TV history.

Easily the most detestable villain of any show of recent memory. But the 180 turn he made in things like Spider-Man and especially the movies he did with Jason Reitman (Specifically Juno) is kind of amazing.

Charmingly Miserable
10-03-2013, 08:52 PM
Herb and Dorothy 50x50. I'm an artist, so this really inspired me.

Dra508
10-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Chopped. I wish I could cook better.

Highly Psychological
10-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Hey was that "Oz" show any good? I'm kind of interested in it but I don't know anyone who has seen it and can tell me what it's like and how the quality is. The most brutal show of all time. Great seasons 1-3, was on a couple of years too long but at its best it was quality. Ahead of its time on the homosexual issues too, 1997 was aeons ago on that front in television, nothing was off limits. It influenced lot of HBO shows.

marodi
10-04-2013, 01:26 PM
I saw Prisoners in theater last night. By far, it's the best movie I've seen this year. It's been a long time since I've walked out of a theater feeling physically and emotionally drained. This movie has Oscar written all over it. Jake Gyllenhaal gives the best performance of his career (if he doesn't get tons of nominations for this role, something isn't right in Hollywoodland). Hugh Jackman is both terrifying and heartbreaking. The movie doesn't take its audience for idiots; you have a bit of work to do to get all the pieces of the puzzle together (and they are all there, you really need to pay attention or go watch it a second time, if you can stomach it).

It's one of those movies that will stay with you for a long long time.

orestes
10-09-2013, 12:21 AM
Zodiac- one of my favorite Fincher movies.

rhet
10-09-2013, 10:29 AM
finished catching up on the last episodes of The Big C and was balling my eyes out. another good show that went out on a high note instead of limping along for far too many seasons..the 3rd season of the killing however should just not exist.

Vertigo
10-09-2013, 02:04 PM
Really? I've had to give up The Big C two episodes into the final season - Cathy had utterly lost all semblance of sympathy through the previous season, and so close to the end, all the other characters' threadbare writing was painfully apparent. It wasn't doing anything for me at all, comedically or as a drama.

Pillfred
10-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Walking Dead
Started off kind of meh for me but now I'm in the second season and I think I'm fairly well hooked in. I guess it just took me a bit to give a shit about the characters.

Scarlet Siren
10-09-2013, 04:07 PM
About to watch the first episode of House of Cards...

Wretchedest
10-09-2013, 08:15 PM
Im watching The Wire. Faced with numerous comparisons to breaking bad and its immense critical acclaim i really had no choice.

STill its no where near living up tobits hype, almost done with season 1. I enjoy it but is there somewhere where it really takes off or is this basically it?

Pillfred
10-09-2013, 10:56 PM
Im watching The Wire. Faced with numerous comparisons to breaking bad and its immense critical acclaim i really had no choice.

STill its no where near living up tobits hype, almost done with season 1. I enjoy it but is there somewhere where it really takes off or is this basically it?

I would say so, takes a bit to get rolling but once it takes off its a really solid show. Though your mileage may vary. I'd say give season 2 a go if you're not into it by then it may not be for you.

*Walking Dead pretty much has me at this point.

Vertigo
10-09-2013, 11:52 PM

It took until near the end of the first season for me to really get into it. Does help if you have subtitles on, what with the thick accents, fast and clipped delivery, occasionally dodgy recording/mixing, dense jargon and constant stream of names that haven't been properly connected to faces. But once you do get into it... long-term evolving storyline, developed characters you grow to care about, poignant and thought-provoking writing.

Unfortunately it tries very hard to shake off the viewer at season 2, with a new set of characters that it'll take you a long time to give the slightest bit of a shit about, but it does get back on form later. Seasons 3 and 4 are 100% awesome, and some of the very best TV I've ever seen.

Fixer808
10-12-2013, 08:03 AM
Was watching the D-Day scene from Saving Private Ryan, and was reminded of when it came out. Saw it in theater, and the next day my dad mentioned to my grandpa that the Normandy landing scene was incredible and that he should go see the movie. To which my grandpa replied "I've seen it already, thanks [subtext, "when I landed on Juno Beach that same day"]."

[parasite]
10-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Unbreakable (first time watching)

orestes
10-12-2013, 09:53 PM
What a bunch of wankery. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_237)

Dra508
10-13-2013, 07:59 PM
What a bunch of wankery. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_237)

Yeeesssh, I liked that film a lot and analyzed it in film class, but yeeeeshhh.

The Goldbergs. Meh.

Pillfred
10-13-2013, 09:13 PM
Wanted.

Last night was Escape from New York.

Pillfred
10-14-2013, 06:48 PM
Got the first three discs of Band of Brothers. I've seen bits of it but never the whole series. Should be perfect for this cold rainy night.

eversonpoe
10-15-2013, 11:00 AM
my fiancee and i started Sleepy Hollow (the tv series) last night.

1. ichabod is HOT. my fiancee NEVER thinks anyone (except crispin glover & chris corner) is hot, and we were both oogling him. it was great.
2. i really had no idea what the premise of the show was, and i'm kinda glad, because it really surprised me, and it's really good.
3. it actually scared me intensely at several points, and not just cheap scares...really made me feel afraid.
4. orlando jones looks so much like jeff goldblum that i keep expecting him to start goldbluming.

theburningreptile
10-19-2013, 09:13 PM
Just got through watching Pacific Rim for the first time, it was everything I thought it would be and more. Brought out my inner 8 year old as well. Growing up with Transformers and the old Godzilla films. Pretty damn awesome. Highly recommend it if you like Mechs, Monster movies, or both.

Fixer808
10-20-2013, 09:10 AM
Got the first three discs of Band of Brothers. I've seen bits of it but never the whole series. Should be perfect for this cold rainy night.

Love it, but wasn't as enamored with The Pacific.

Charmingly Miserable
10-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Me, You and Everyone We Know
(best sub plot ever)
))<>((

http://youtu.be/KQoJo81lujk

miss k bee
10-20-2013, 04:32 PM
Walking Dead S3 - tensing up nicely
True Blood S6 - starting to lose interest
Glee S5 - I have a love/hate thing with Glee, very touching Finn episode, but glad it is finishing next season.

Alex Cross - meh, how many clichés can you put in an action film?

Dra508
10-20-2013, 06:35 PM
Bill Maher.

Holy crap, Chris Matthews is a much better panelist than host on MSNBC. I do like when a liberal has good things to say about politicians working together at one time (Reagan and Tip O'Neill) unlike the dingle berries in Washington these days.

Oliver Stone, well he's an interesting dude to say the least.

Fixer808
10-20-2013, 09:47 PM
Season 8 of "It's Always Sunny...". LET'S DO THIS THING.

Tums206_BFY
10-21-2013, 02:39 AM
Just got through watching Pacific Rim for the first time, it was everything I thought it would be and more. Brought out my inner 8 year old as well. Growing up with Transformers and the old Godzilla films. Pretty damn awesome. Highly recommend it if you like Mechs, Monster movies, or both.

Yeah just saw the movie tonight. It was fun! It reminded me of a cross between Mech and Godzilla. Def better then I thought it would be def a fun movie that is for sure! Good cast too!

Self.Destructive.Pattern
10-21-2013, 08:30 PM
Man.. just watched "Europa Report". Pretty dam good sci-fi film right here!! Great cast, very creepy feels so real at times.

Pillfred
10-22-2013, 11:58 AM
Dark Shadows Tim Burton.... I'm liking it so far which is surprising as I'm not usually a fan of Burton. Also I watched the newest Star Trek last night, that was pretty good as well.

[parasite]
10-24-2013, 04:50 PM
I'm watching, mr brooks

Charmingly Miserable
10-24-2013, 11:47 PM
BlackFish is on CNN now.

Pillfred
10-30-2013, 12:26 PM
Fright Night 2 a new one? It's just a rehash of the first movie so far its not terrible.

This Is The End, is fucking hilarious on the other hand.

ibanez33
11-04-2013, 01:48 AM
I've been watching Parks & Rec uncontrollably for the last week or 2. I'm about halfway through season 5 already.

hobochic
11-09-2013, 05:23 AM
Just caught up on the series Suits after a friend recommended it to me. All 22 Episodes were up On Demand (Comcast) and the last 6 episodes of the 2nd season kicks off tonight. It has been a decent show have definitely liked the overall cohesiveness of the second season a lot better than the first season and it has some very good characters, even though I don't really like the main character too much I think his mentor makes/star of the show to be honest. Anyways it'll be interesting to see where they continue this second season during the final 6 episodes of it.

I just started watching this show and it's surprisingly good. I agree that the main character isn't that likable but it works somehow. I'm still in the first few episodes of the first season and expect to marathon watch season 1 & 2 by the end of this weekend.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61Z9eyoaCXL._SL1000_.jpg

Deadpool
11-10-2013, 01:11 AM
Watching Houseguest starring Sinbad and Phil Hartman on HBO GO. The nostalgia is strong with this one.

Bluegirl
11-10-2013, 04:56 PM
I just saw 12 years a slave. I think this is one of those movies that will stay seared in my brain forever.

thevoid99
11-10-2013, 10:35 PM
I just saw 12 years a slave. I think this is one of those movies that will stay seared in my brain forever.

Right now, that's in top of my list of the best films of 2013 so far... (http://letterboxd.com/thevoid99/list/best-of-2013/)

Pillfred
11-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Manufacturing Consent: Naom Chomsky and the media

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU66d1nnYqQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DZU66d1nnYqQ

onthewall2983
11-11-2013, 04:53 PM
http://www.chud.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Extreme-Prejudice-Front.jpeg

Fixer808
11-12-2013, 09:13 PM
The Wolverine, finally... It's better than Origins: Wolverine, but there's still plot holes.
For example, shouldn't Logan have been raining blood from his knuckles for a full third of this movie? He can't heal quickly anymore but he's still poppin' the claws with reckless abandon and his hands look fine.

[parasite]
11-13-2013, 09:01 AM
http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100531182554/ghostbusters/images/0/01/Ghostbusters_ii_poster.jpg

Space Suicide
11-13-2013, 02:44 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51DMXAT3T5L.jpg

Pillfred
11-13-2013, 09:23 PM
Last Action Hero

Some parts of this movie are still really funny.

Piko
11-13-2013, 10:21 PM
Decided to treat myself and buy the complete serids of Sopranos. Almost done with season three. Baffling how I never sat down and watched this before.

eversonpoe
11-14-2013, 12:34 AM
Last Action Hero

Some parts of this movie are still really funny.

"this is not a movie, it's california!"

i was literally thinking about this movie yesterday, and how much i want to watch it, because it's been years. i still own it on VHS.

thevoid99
11-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Last Action Hero over the years has manage to grow on me. I think it's one of the most underrated and misunderstood films of the past 25 years.

Pillfred
11-14-2013, 01:49 PM
I hadn't seen it in at least ten years, is forgotten how many one liners are in it. Also that kid totally sells it the entire time. One thing I did forget was how long it is. Solid throughout but still felt I started to drag at the end. Other than some dated sfx I felt it held up pretty well.

[parasite]
11-14-2013, 03:44 PM
life of pi

Highly Psychological
11-15-2013, 02:55 AM
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3- DREAM WARRIORS!!

Easily the best film in the series, never got the full respect it deserved, the second film (the weird homoerotic one) was a massive incoherent disappointment and the fourth was derivative, but this one was brilliant even better than the first. Patrica Arquette is brilliant in this. Set in a mental home. All the characters are likable, very creepy at points. Story is great. They should re-release it on its own, cant remake it, its 1987-ness is what contributes to its charm.

Also really liked New Nightmare which came out in 1994, Wes Craven returned after Dream Warriors its New Nightmare for me, Heather Langencamp plays herself, definetly more trippy and nearly just as good.

Pillfred
11-15-2013, 09:15 AM
^ Easily my favorite of the series, plus it has that bitchen Dokken song to go with it.

thevoid99
11-15-2013, 02:13 PM
^ Easily my favorite of the series, plus it has that bitchen Dokken song to go with it.

They play that song all the time on VH1 Classic. It's a cool video w/ that great Freddy Krueger cameo as he obviously doesn't like Dokken.

Dra508
11-15-2013, 05:22 PM
Magic City. Has anyone seen this show?

thevoid99
11-15-2013, 10:37 PM

I've seen the show. I'm not surprised it got cancelled. It was all style and very little substance largely due to some very poor writing and a terrible supporting cast along with the way they wasted James Caan. I can't believe how badly Sherilyn Fenn has aged.

Dra508
11-16-2013, 11:52 AM

I've seen the show. I'm not surprised it got cancelled. It was all style and very little substance largely due to some very poor writing and a terrible supporting cast along with the way they wasted James Caan. I can't believe how badly Sherilyn Fenn has aged.I was wishing it would get better... I do like stories/shows/films in that period.

miss k bee
11-16-2013, 05:37 PM
True Blood season 6. Sookie is annoying me. No wonder the next season is the last.

Charmingly Miserable
11-16-2013, 11:30 PM
The Imposter

Highly Psychological
11-21-2013, 06:35 PM
Rewatched some of Lost recently, 3 years on looking back at it, that ending was really bad. Vague, Embarrassing, Spiritual, cheesy, Hippie nonsense, Totally up its own backside, Severe mess, They could have done better. They created too many mysteries to answer, however i really enjoyed watching it at the time but it feels like none of the hours i spent watching it really led anywhere or payed off. Real dead end.

Space Suicide
11-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Rewatched some of Lost recently, 3 years on looking back at it, that ending was really bad. Vague, Embarrassing, Spiritual, cheesy, Hippie nonsense, Totally up its own backside, Severe mess, They could have done better. They created too many mysteries to answer, however i really enjoyed watching it at the time but it feels like none of the hours i spent watching it really led anywhere or payed off. Real dead end.

That show was good at first but got too overblown, pretentious and big for its own good. It got ridiculous after awhile.

miss k bee
11-24-2013, 07:35 AM
Masters of Sex

Deadpool
11-24-2013, 03:02 PM
Saw All Is Lost earlier this week. Impressive, powerful movie. I found Robert Redford's performance to be in the same league as Sandra Bullock's in Gravity - maybe a league above due to the fact that Redford didn't even have another voice to act against, much less the physical presence of another actor. The way the conflicts were spaced apart and presented struck me as more realistic (and maybe more affecting) as well.

Overall, I related more to the way Redford's character dealt with disaster/tragedy, too... though if it was me out there, I think I would have been talking to myself a lot more out of sheer panic & frustration.

Anyway, it's a great flick that deserves to be seen.

ibanez33
11-29-2013, 01:16 AM
I watched In Bruges for the first time last night. There are so many good things to say about this movie, I can't believe it took me so long to get to it. All I knew was it was about hitmen and that it was a must-see, so I went it with a completely open mind to what might happen and it blew me away. If you haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favor and watch it.

marodi
12-03-2013, 05:44 PM
Speaking of Colin Farrell, I watched the remake of Fright Night yesterday. He makes one sexy vampire but the icing on the (bloody) cake is the foul mouthed David Tennant. Anton Yelchin is excellent too.

This remake could have been so much worse.

spiralout
12-07-2013, 12:43 PM
After hearing friends constantly say how good firefly was I decided to give it a chance. I'm about halfway through the 1st (only?) season....

They were right....

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-09-2013, 10:01 PM
I'm watching Blue Mountain State. I didn't think I'd like it at all, I'm not into football one bit, but this shit is pretty funny. I'm only three episodes in, but I plan on watching it up through wherever it's at now. This jockey douchebag guy (I forget his name) is probably my favorite dude ever - He's hysterical.

Also started Orange is the New Black earlier! DONNA. OH GOD, DONNA'S A LESBIAN. YES. Also, lesbians and boobs aside, it's a pretty good show. The surprise at the end of the first episode was out of nowhere, but that was mainly because I went into the show knowing literally nothing about it.

I'd recommend both!

Fixer808
12-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Finally saw The World's End. Shockingly disappointing, but the twist at the finale was interesting, made me think perhaps there'd be a spinoff...

Fixer808
12-13-2013, 02:02 AM
Gangster Squad. Kinda ham-fisted. Now on to Europa Report, which is like Arthur C. Clarke's "2010" meets Apollo 18.

Millionaire
12-13-2013, 03:24 AM
Lawrence of Arabia. I sometimes watch films that are universally heralded as classics and think, "Well, I see why people like it, but its not my thing", but I really dug this one. The script, the themes, the acting, the music were all amazing. And the cinematography- the whole thing is incredibly gorgeous, and there weren't a lot of shots that were too show-offy. The let the desert be beautiful in its stillness, and framed it in the best way. If I was being nitpicky I would say the editing could use some tightening, but I don't mind since the shots they linger on are so nice, and the somewhat slow pace mirrors the languid pace of desert dwelling. Great movie that holds up very well. Hollywood, please don't remake this.

[parasite]
12-15-2013, 02:44 PM
seven pounds, i really like this, eventho it's will smith

Space Suicide
12-15-2013, 04:54 PM
http://www.radio1190.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/the-big-lebowski-movie-poster-1998-1020196337.jpg

onthewall2983
12-15-2013, 10:53 PM
I loved tonight's episode of Bob's Burgers.

Dra508
12-16-2013, 06:39 AM
Bonnie and Clyde

Fixer808
12-17-2013, 12:21 AM
Watching a bit of Deep Space 9 on youtube. Alexander Siddig obviously changed his name during one season, from Siddig El Fadil, but his FULL name is the awesomely long Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abderrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi. And Malcolm McDowell is his uncle. And his son with Nana Visitor (Major Kira) is Django El Tahir El Siddig.

The things you learn... :)

eversonpoe
12-17-2013, 09:11 AM
Watching a bit of Deep Space 9 on youtube. Alexander Siddig obviously changed his name during one season, from Siddig El Fadil, but his FULL name is the awesomely long Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abderrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi. And Malcolm McDowell is his uncle. And his son with Nana Visitor (Major Kira) is Django El Tahir El Siddig.

The things you learn... :)

i'm watching through DS9 as well! i had no idea he and major kira were together! are they still? he's still a major babe.

marodi
12-17-2013, 01:57 PM
i'm watching through DS9 as well! i had no idea he and major kira were together! are they still? he's still a major babe.

No; they divorced in 2001. And I completely agree with the major babe part. I was madly in love with Dr Bashir for the whole series.

If you want to watch something else he's been in that's a little less known, try hunting down A Dangerous Man: Lawrence After Arabia. It's a tv movie that is a sort of sequel to Lawrence of Arabia. Ralph Fiennes plays Lawrence and he's doing a great job too (although nothing compares to the late Peter O'Toole) and Sid plays Feisal, Alec Guinness' role in LoA. You may want to read a bit on the subject before hand though if only to understand who's who because it can be a bit confusing at times. But it's truly excellent.

As for what I was watching: Secretariat. Yes, it's Disney but it's not too sugary. And it's pretty close to reality. Being as old as I am, I vaguely remember hearing about Secretariat back in 1973 and I remember wanting to be a jockey.

Of course, as good as the movie is, nothing can compare to the real thing. Secretariat ranked second on the list of the top 100 racehorse of the 20th century (although many argue that he should have been first). ESPN placed him at number 35 of the 100 greatest North American athletes of the 20th century and what he did in the video below was placed at number 2 of the Greatest Sports Performances by individual athletes.

Watch it; we're not likely to see something like this in our lifetime. Secretariat's record at the Belmont is still holding after 40 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfCMtaNiMDM

Fixer808
12-17-2013, 04:32 PM
Another fun fact, Alexander Siddig turned down the role of Dr. Baltar on Battlestar because he was too busy with Syriana at the time. So instead they went with James Callis, some say because they kind of look alike. Man, Callis OWNED that role, wore it like a tailored suit.

ibanez33
12-21-2013, 02:29 AM
Jackie Brown

I really really hope Tarantino gets to direct DeNiro again before either of them retire.

*edit*

From Dusk Til Dawn tonight. I feel another Tarantino binge coming on...

Also, after Danny Trejo popped up again for like the 5th time in the last 6 movies I've watched, I checked his IMDb page and apparently he's appearing in twenty five films next year. Porn stars don't even do that many movies in a year.

littlemonkey613
12-23-2013, 04:13 PM
Frozen. Thought it was pretty lame. Reminded me a lot of Brave which I thought had cool characters stuck in a badly written movie. I loved Tangled and Princess and the Frog but this was just incoherent and blah. Good for the kiddies though.

Edit: Also We're the Millers holy shit what a riot. If you like mean spirited comedies you have to watch it immediately. I laughed out loud more times than I can count.

somethingelse
12-24-2013, 03:28 AM
Rare Exports: A Xmas Tale. A cool Finnish movie. Part of a holiday horror movie line up.

Fixer808
12-24-2013, 03:52 AM
That movie was weird and fucked up, which is why I enjoyed it.

Frozen Beach
12-24-2013, 11:22 AM
Mary and Max
Well, that was incredibly depressing. Honestly, I found it more saddening than Grave of the Fireflies, probably because I could relate to the characters more.

[parasite]
12-24-2013, 11:34 AM
just watched Toy Story 1 & 2 with Leia! they still make us chuckle!

ibanez33
12-25-2013, 04:20 AM
We're The Millers is actually really fucking hilarious. I thought it was about a family going into witness protection but I heard way wrong, almost every scene had me in stitches. Plus, Jennifer Anitson as a stripper? Yes please.

Pillfred
12-25-2013, 08:05 PM
TMNT 2 The Secret of a The Ooze

ibanez33
12-26-2013, 05:25 AM
Anchorman 2 was amazing.

miss k bee
12-26-2013, 07:37 PM
Watched Sightseers and Machete perfect films for Christmas!

littlemonkey613
12-27-2013, 02:01 AM
We're The Millers is actually really fucking hilarious. I thought it was about a family going into witness protection but I heard way wrong, almost every scene had me in stitches. Plus, Jennifer Anitson as a stripper? Yes please.

right?! omg I thought they had to pretend to be a family for some other reason too and when I realized it was for smuggling I knew the movie was for me.

Fixer808
12-27-2013, 02:54 AM
Were you thinking of The Family (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwZNypYmPFE)?

And Jennifer Aniston should play strippers more, or just be naked in movies more. And by movies I mean my house. And by my house I mean my bed.

Highly Psychological
12-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Blue is the warmest Color is the type of powerful film that makes you feel alive and make you feel like you can seize the world when you leave the theatre. Its getting a lot of attention for its extremeley explicit lesbian sex scene. I thought the graphic scene made it feel more real and did a lot to draw you in to their relationship. However i will say for about 5 minutes i felt like i was in one of those porno theatres from the 70s, like in taxi driver, weird sitting with two hundred people watching girls rimming and scissoring, the scene is long! but powerful. The main girl in it was amazing, brilliant movie, only gripe is that its three hours long!

ibanez33
12-28-2013, 12:33 AM
Were you thinking of The Family (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwZNypYmPFE)?

And Jennifer Aniston should play strippers more, or just be naked in movies more. And by movies I mean my house. And by my house I mean my bed.

Yeah, we just got a stack of The Family blurays and dvds at work because it comes out soon, and when I checked it out I realized I had gotten them confused. Now I'll have to watch that one and see if it holds up!

littlemonkey613
12-29-2013, 01:05 PM
Gravity in 3D and Captain Phillips. Both excellent. I wasn't expecting that of the latter for some reason but it was just an amazingly done film. Acting was fantastic, directing was incredible and I was an emotional wreck by the end. I thought it was going to be a sort of Amurca rah rah film. Not so.

Dra508
12-29-2013, 07:41 PM
Found a Woody Allen marathon on tv. Love and Death. Still funny to me.

ibanez33
12-30-2013, 06:44 AM
BIG FAT QUIZ OF THE YEAR 2013 is fucking hilarious.

wow first time ever that Noel and Richard come in first legitimately and they don't even do a tie-breaker? bullshit.

Millionaire
12-31-2013, 02:36 AM
Boredom-inspired holiday movie marathon with my brother involving films we've watched a million times each:

Ricky-Oh: The Story of Ricky
Commando
Tremors
Hard Boiled
Total Recall(original)
Electric Dragon 80,000 Volts

It was a good day.

sentient02970
12-31-2013, 08:35 AM
http://s3.cdn.memeburn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/House-of-Cards.jpg

Never been a huge Spacey fan but I think he's perfect in this role. Hooked by episode 2.

Space Suicide
12-31-2013, 03:15 PM
http://stallonezone.com/zone/2013/z123013tz_marathon.png

I own the whole series on DVD but I watch this every year.

sa_nick
01-01-2014, 01:40 AM
In 2011 I tried to watch 365 films I'd never seen before, but totally failed. This year (mostly thanks to a screwed up back) I managed to watch 422 new films. Here's the list, I recommend like 90% of the stuff on it...

13 Assassins
5 Broken Cameras
A Bag of Hammers
A Band Called Death
A Better Life
A Case of You
A Late Quartet
A Life Less Ordinary
A Mighty Wind
A Single Man
A Teacher
Abre los ojos [Open Your Eyes]
Ai no mukidashi [Love Exposure]
Aint Them Bodies Saints
All Good Things
All I Can
Alter Egos
American Psycho
Amour
Any Day Now
Any Given Sunday
Art School Confidential
Au revoir, les enfants [Goodbye Children]
Auf der anderen Seite [The Edge of Heaven]
Beastie Boys - Awesome I Fuckin Shot That
Beau travail [Good Work]
Before Midnight
Before Sunrise
Before Sunset
Behind the Candelabra
Bellflower
Best Man Down
Big Fan
Bir zamanlar Anadolu'da [Once Upon a Time in Anatolia]
Blackfish
Blue Like Jazz
Bom yeoreum gaeul gyeoul geurigo bom [Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... And Spring]
Bombay Beach
Bones Brigade - An Autobiography
Born Into Brothels
Boy
Brick
Broken City
Bronson
Brooklyn Brothers
Bully
Bus 174
Byzantium
Calito's Way