PDA

View Full Version : E3

PooPooMeowChow
06-04-2012, 09:14 AM
What are you guys looking forward to?
I can't wait to see some game play of new BF3 dlc, GTA V, Hitman, Elder Scrolls online, Skyrim dlc.

ooohhh sooo much.

EDIT:
Microsoft Press Conference starting up now.
here's a stream
http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conferences/

Shnoorum
06-04-2012, 09:56 AM
I'm not sure. At the moment there really isn't anything coming out that I'm particularly hyped about. I guess I'm hoping above all else this year that Microsoft shut up about the Kinect for 5 minutes and actually contribute something to E3.

I'm more interested in the announcements to be honest. It wouldn't hurt to see more of Hitman though, slightly worried about the new direction its taking

Shnoorum
06-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Oh yeah, GTA5. Would be nice to see some of that

october_midnight
06-04-2012, 10:50 AM
I'm psyched on Bethesda's stuff (Elder Scrolls: Online and Dishonored), GoW: Judgement but yeah...that and Borderlands 2...hopefully they have anything on BioShock Infinite. Oh, and Microsoft's new wi-fi 'Xbox Glass' device should be nifty...but other than that I'm kinda indifferent. Like Shnoorum said, please...oh please, let them not spend 96% of their time talking about the fuckin' Kinect.

edit: I guess if a game or whatever doesn't have it's own thread, best to keep shit in here to avoid clutter?

New Splinter Cell: Black List screenshots leaked. (http://www.oxm.co.uk/42266/splinter-cell-black-list-screenshots-arrive-strongly-resemble-future-soldier/)

fillow
06-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3

PooPooMeowChow
06-04-2012, 11:05 AM
yeah fuck Kinect. I'm looking for a next gen xbox tease though.
BioShock Infinite won't be at E3 sadly :(

I forgot about Boarderlands 2,
The new and hopefully not shitty Medal of Honor.
New Simcity,
Motherfucking Planetside 2!!
ARMA3
Tomb Raider
Company of Heros2!!!

and I really hope Valve bring a surprise. Be it Half Life or Left4dead.

Space Suicide
06-04-2012, 11:10 AM
Gears of War: Judgment, Tomb Raider, Dead Space 3 and Borderlands 2 are only things I care to read up/see.

Goldfoot
06-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3 hl3

That's not a thing, is it? Valve can't count to 3.

october_midnight
06-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Microsoft starting with Halo 4...I'll be honest...it looks kinda underwhelming to me. Of course it looks cool and well done, but never got me hyped. Maybe because I've never been a Halo fan, but still...it was alright I guess.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist on the other hand looks nuts. It's basically taking a lot of cues from CoD but you can climb walls Assassin's Creed style, and it uses Kinect voice support (i.e. hanging on a ledge, player actually says 'hey you!' and it makes the enemy come check out the noise so you can pull him down over the ledge...pretty neat). The slo-mo killing looks fantastic too.

PooPooMeowChow
06-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Is voice control the new main feature of Kinect??

Any one remember Tom Clancy's Endwar??

Space Suicide
06-04-2012, 11:56 AM
LOVED THE GEARS OF WAR: JUDGMENT TRAILER, also cool they had APC for the song (Counting Bodies...)

october_midnight
06-04-2012, 11:58 AM
The Gears of War: Judgement trailer was literally 20 seconds long. Just a cinematic of locust blowing up a city, Baird being put in the cuffs, and then shit blowing up. Gameplay is apparently going to be online soon, but it was pretty meh.

Space Suicide
06-04-2012, 12:01 PM
The Gears of War: Judgement trailer was literally 20 seconds long. Just a cinematic of locust blowing up a city, Baird being put in the cuffs, and then shit blowing up. Gameplay is apparently going to be online soon, but it was pretty meh.

I also was disappointed with no gameplay shown but I assume it's too fresh and new to have made any yet. I hope by the 2013 it'd be first half not the end...

october_midnight
06-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Xbox Music? Lame. Didn't they learn anything from Zune? Also shout out for them bringing sports like NHL and NBA...and still using cutscenes of people using it that never happen in real life.

Now Nike is bringing a program? 'If you have a body, you're an athlete.' Really? After this Microsoft conference I'm going for a run. Outside.

PooPooMeowChow
06-04-2012, 12:15 PM
So Microsoft seems to have forgot that the xbox plays games.
Doesn't any one seriously sit in front of their tv to listen to music? or work out? like come on..

oh hey a Wii U rip off.

Space Suicide
06-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Doesn't any one seriously sit in front of their tv to listen to music? or work out? like come on..

oh hey a Wii U rip off.

I love Xbox but I feel that Microsoft is trying way too hard to be innovative and do anything and everything. I rarely use my Xbox for movies, when I do they're DVDs or Netflix. I never use it for music. I have a 6-disc changing stereo for that.

october_midnight
06-04-2012, 12:21 PM

oh hey a Wii U rip off.

Exactly. Now with SmartGlass you can watch a movie or show, and the tablet screen is showing you info like Wikipedia info, etc. You know, so you can miss half the show while you stare at that tiny fuckin' screen. Come on. And Internet Explorer? Really?

PooPooMeowChow
06-04-2012, 12:23 PM
lol
Now with SmartGlass you can do every that your laptop does already much better.

Space Suicide
06-04-2012, 12:26 PM
I want the new Tomb Raider after watching this but if they didn't take inspiration from Uncharted's style I'd die.

perch
06-04-2012, 12:39 PM
That's not a thing, is it? Valve can't count to 3.You've just made my eyes wet. And no, that's not an expression of joy you see on my face.

PooPooMeowChow
06-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Looks like the RE6 team forgot the Horror part in Survival Horror, remember when coming across a zombie was scary shit cause they would fucking kill you.

Southpark game looks dope.

I know if I was there I would be booing like crazy.

WTF Usher?

october_midnight
06-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Sweet, another CoD game I won't bother to play! Siiiiick. *yawns*

october_midnight
06-04-2012, 01:04 PM
I'll be honest, I was pretty underwhelmed, though there were some high points (Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell) but the rest was kinda meh to me. Hopefully the EA one will be awesome with Dead Space 3!

PooPooMeowChow
06-04-2012, 01:07 PM
I missed Halo4 and SpinterCell but that seriously couldn't have been any more boring. I was actually thinking about what a PS3 had to offer during the Xbox conference.

and Usher? Seriously???

Shnoorum
06-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Glad to see some of the new South Park game. Everything else I haven't bothered checking out.

Jinsai
06-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Square/Enix needs to make a surprise announcement about the progress of Final Fantasy Versus XIII. It's just getting a little ridiculous at this point.

Iran_Ed
06-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Square/Enix needs to make a surprise announcement about the progress of Final Fantasy Versus XIII. It's just getting a little ridiculous at this point.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII has become XV.

Jinsai
06-04-2012, 03:49 PM

Well, I have an exercise bike in the room with my TV, so I ride the bike while playing games or watching movies.

Do I want a video game to actually become an active part of my exercise though? Hell no

Final Fantasy Versus XIII has become XV.

That's the rumor, but until Square verifies it, I'd assume that video is fake

and really... they can call it whatever they want to call it, just show some more gameplay footage and give me a release window already. It's been almost 7 years since they announced it, which means it's been in production longer than that.

PooPooMeowChow
06-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Well, I have an exercise bike in the room with my TV, so I ride the bike while playing games or watching movies.

Do I want a video game to actually become an active part of my exercise though? Hell no

haha yeah I should have put that differently.

EA conference was a flop as well.

Space Suicide
06-04-2012, 04:13 PM
haha yeah I should have put that differently.

EA conference was a flop as well.

I didn't watch it, what was shown?

PooPooMeowChow
06-04-2012, 04:24 PM
I didn't watch it, what was shown?

Madden, Simcity, Madden, Dead Space 3, Madden, Battlefield 3 Premium, Madden, Star Wars Old Republic, Medal of Honor 2, Fifa, Madden ,Need for Speed Most Wanted, Madden, Crysis 3. EA UFC multi-year deal announcement.
I think that's close to the order they were shown :/

Space Suicide
06-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Madden, Simcity, Madden, Battlefield 3 Premium, Madden, Star Wars Old Republic, Medal of Honor 2, Fifa, Madden ,Need for Speed Most Wanted, Madden, Crysis 3. EA UFC multi-year deal announcement.
I think that's close to the order they were shown :/

Boring then, no Dead Space 3...lame. How did MOH look? Also Crysis 3?

PooPooMeowChow
06-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Sry I forgot Dead Space 3, Never played Dead Space before but it was all outside environment which I've never seen in a Dead Space. Looked A LOT like Lost Planet. Also drop in and out co-op.

MOH looked cool, but just another Modern shooter, they said something about multiplayer where you pick one of like 12 Special Forces teams to fight for. I can't decide if I would pick Russian Spetsnaz or Canadian JTF2.

Crysis I wasn't interested in so I didn't watch.

I wanna say Need for Speed Most Wanted look a hell of a lot better than NFS The Run.

thelastdisciple
06-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Splinter Cell Black list reveal was pretty disappointing, it looks like Ubisoft is just going to continue raping that series.

PooPooMeowChow
06-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Ubisoft Conference starts now.
http://ca.ign.com/events/e3/2012/live-video
EDit: actually i think it starts in a hour.

Space Suicide
06-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Ubisoft Conference starts now.
http://ca.ign.com/events/e3/2012/live-video

Snorefest....all they'll show is Splinter Cell: Blacklist (maybe but doubt it) and Assassin's Creed III.

thelastdisciple
06-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Looking forward to the first game footage/trailer for Star Wars 1313 tonight!

liquidcalm
06-04-2012, 05:45 PM
has the Simcity stuff popped up online yet? I'm mega pumped for that game... love me some city building..
watched a bit of Microsofts thing.. very.. samey.. apart from Matt Stone's remark about playing games whilst sitting in your fridge...

october_midnight
06-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Well, the way that every conference was about a sequel or reboot of some kind, it really gave me a 'this gen of consoles is about to die' vibe. Ubisoft surprised me, and probably everyone, by announcing a completely new IP called 'Watch Dogs' that looks unbelievable. I get a GTA meets the tv show Person of Interest vibe from it. Sandbox style game...you can jam people's cellphones and fuck with traffic lights to cause accidents of the people you're after, etc. Looks great.

www.watchdogsgame.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcMRkyoHKeA

NIN64
06-04-2012, 06:34 PM
It looks like a neo-noir GTA with an Assassins Creed vibe. . .

october_midnight
06-04-2012, 06:46 PM
There was a QR code in their conference as well which leads to www.dotconnexion.com

I smell an ARG!

Jinsai
06-04-2012, 07:04 PM
well, Rayman Legends looks awesome. Hopefully this isn't going to be a Wii U exclusive, because I have no intention of buying one.

thelastdisciple
06-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Whoa that Watch Dogs game looks impressive!

Hacking things on the go while in vehicle going at whatever speed trying to evade the cops, AWESOME!

EDIT: wtf check out the different ending in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmwyW-Q960M

october_midnight
06-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Weird. Definitely gonna have to pick it up when it drops though...

Also, Quantic Dream ('Heavy Rain') has a new game for the PS3 coming called BEYOND: Two Souls starring Ellen Page. Looks sick. (http://kotaku.com/5915707/heres-the-next-game-from-heavy-rains-creators)

Wretchedest
06-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Dude, why is 1313 not a boba fett game?! the only thing keeping it from perfection...

Watch Dogs looks great though. Very, very assasin's creedy. The graphics look really nuts, too, wondering if they're developing it for next gen, and we just don't know...

thelastdisciple
06-05-2012, 12:59 AM
I think if they were playing it on a PS3 it'll probably be out on PS3 no? never mind, thought it looked like the guy was using a PS3 controller.

and yeah I am very interested in knowing who that character is supposed to be in 1313, doesn't really look like anyone notable as far as the SW universe goes.

ManBurning
06-05-2012, 01:46 AM
All I can hope for is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 5, Mega Man 11, Mega Man X9, A new or remade Battletoads game, Super Mario Bros. 4 (in mario 3 style), a new Contra game, a new earthworm jim, joe and mac and a true sequel to starfox 64 with planes and tanks (none of this walking around on foot nonsense)...

*sigh* I need to get with the times...

owinn
06-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Two games that have stood out so far... Watch Dogs and new Splinter Cell, both look like great action games, have loved that each new Splinter Cell has been a marked improvement from the last.

gorast
06-05-2012, 10:22 AM
New Tomb Raider looks like the only thing I'll want to pick up. I'm interested in what Nintendo's going to reveal about the Wii U today, though.

october_midnight
06-05-2012, 10:28 AM
I'm a 360 fanboy through and through, but this new footage they showed of the PS3 exclusive game The Last of Us seriously makes me think I might buy a PS3 just for it, no joke. It's like a fuckin' movie. You'll watch the whole thing and not want it to end. Wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7LhJQutKPI

Space Suicide
06-05-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm a 360 fanboy through and through, but this new footage they showed of the PS3 exclusive game The Last of Us seriously makes me think I might buy a PS3 just for it, no joke. It's like a fuckin' movie. You'll watch the whole thing and not want it to end. Wow.

I'll get it, PS3 has better exclusives usually. I'll pre-order it.

owinn
06-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Nintendo starts with Pikmin 3. Everyone can go home now. Looks beautiful!

Well that was a good show from Nintendo, lots of good stuff there - slightly underwhelmed by the New SMB games though.

thelastdisciple
06-05-2012, 01:30 PM

That's Naughty Dog for ya ;)

The Uncharted exclusives for PS3 are very similarly developed and have wicked characters. Beyond: Two Souls is also going to be a PS3 exclusive and if you've seen anything from Heavy Rain you know it's going to be pretty damn impressive.

Amaro
06-05-2012, 04:09 PM

Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Wretchedest
06-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Pikmin 3 stole the show. Really cant wait. It look fucking perfect.

owinn
06-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Pikmin 3 stole the show. Really cant wait. It look fucking perfect.
Agreed, along with Watch Dogs this was the highlight for me. The Wii U stuff was obviously killer but I already know that I'll be getting it and a copy of Aliens Colonial Marines. Gearbox have gone as far as to say that the Wii U version of Aliens Colonial Marines is going to be the best version of the game. The Game Pad will quite clearly be awesome as the famous motion tracker.

PooPooMeowChow
06-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Man I might have to buy a PS3 just so i can play The Last of Us. I can't get over that game play preview. Amazing! Watch Dogs looked pretty sweet too, but I wanna see more of the free roam elements to see if it's really that different from GTA.

Wretchedest
06-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Yes, watch dogs looks great too. It seems to take wonderful advantage of new technology.

The last of us LOOKS good. Im not a huge uncharted fan... so i think the game will live and die by the variability of those events. Does it always play out like this? If they release videos of the same sequence taking different directions ill be totally sold.

thelastdisciple
06-06-2012, 05:57 PM
So this explains the difference in the two Watch Dogs videos above.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/06/watch-dogss-second-character-was-another-player-online-is-in-the-dna-of-watchdogs/

Conan The Barbarian
06-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Yes, watch dogs looks great too. It seems to take wonderful advantage of new technology.

The last of us LOOKS good. Im not a huge uncharted fan... so i think the game will live and die by the variability of those events. Does it always play out like this? If they release videos of the same sequence taking different directions ill be totally sold.

I believe it should, I mean judging by the vid there seemed to be different attack points.

Rabbit
06-07-2012, 07:57 PM
Watch Dogs was the most impressive game at the show. However, it was most likely running on a hot ass PC. Will this game really look that good on consoles? hell no. Just look at the difference between Battlefield on PC and then on 360/ps3.. two worlds of a difference. I just hope the next gen of consoles can handle such a game in high detail, and maybe even more.

As for Last of Us- yeah it's impressive but i can't handle scripted gameplay. I'm not a fan of this "but it's just like a movie" compliment some of these games get. I want my games to be GAMES, not movies where i press a button in a direction and a scripted scenario unfolds in front of me. This could be said for the Watch Dogs game play as well which i hope isn't the case.

Piko
06-07-2012, 09:04 PM
I'm pretty excited for Watch Dogs. Originally, I was put off by the name. But when I finally saw gameplay, I immediately said "WANT. NOW.". Last of Us looks great as well.

october_midnight
06-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Yeah Watch Dogs looked anything but 'all scripted', not sure what that's about. There's a difference between cinematics and just all scripting.

Piko
06-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Wasn't it already a feature?

Space Suicide
06-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Am I the only here or anywhere that didn't give one shit about the Watch Dogs reveal from this?

Rabbit
06-07-2012, 11:51 PM
Am I the only here or anywhere that didn't give one shit about the Watch Dogs reveal from this?

Probably.What is there not to like about it? Just the level of graphic detail alone is pretty awesome.

Wretchedest
06-08-2012, 12:22 AM
WHY DON'T YOU GIVE A SHIT?????

It was the ONLY new thing....

liquidcalm
06-08-2012, 06:34 AM
Watch Dogs looked awesome, although my excitement for it is somewhat tempered by the fact it won't be out for aaaages, whereas Last of Us (which looked incredible), Tomb Raider etc will all be with us in about a year.
Anyone see Square-Enix's tech demo? That was awesome too, though I remember being impressed by the tech and early trailers for FFXIII and that... could have been better.
For me though the game of the show is Sim Bloody City.
That looks awesome and just the sort of game that keeps me coming back. I still play 3000 and 4 regularly, I'd probably still play 2000 if I could find the CD..

october_midnight
05-28-2015, 01:18 PM
It's almost that time again. Apparently a leaked list of games appearing at E3 has been revealed (obviously some may just be a cinematic or teaser)...all with asterisks have already been confirmed. Grain of salt for everything else of course...

*Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Borderlands 3
*Battleborn
Broforce
Crossing Souls
Devolver
Devolver Digital
*Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
*Destiny Expansion "The Taken King"
*Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition
The Division
*Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition
*Doom
Enter the Gungeon
Fable Legends
Fallout 4
*Forza 6
Gears of War 4
*Guitar Hero Live
Halo 5: Guardians
Homefront 2: The Revolution
*Hollowpoint
Just Cause 3
Kingdom Hearts 3
LEGO Jurassic World
Mad Max
*Mario Maker
Mass Effect 4
*Magic Duels: Origins Wizards of the Coast
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
Minecraft: Story Mode
Mirror's Edge 2
*Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
No Man's Sky
Overwatch
Persona 5
*Pillars of Eternity Expansion
Quantum Break
Relics of Gods
Rise of the Tomb Raider
*Rock Band 4
Harmonix
Ronin
Scalebound
Shin Megami Tensei X
*Star Fox for Wii U
*Star Wars Battlefront
*Skylanders 2015
Star Wars (Visceral Project)
*Sword Coast Legends
Titanfall 2
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Until Dawn
WWE 2K16
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yoshi's Wooly World

Rabbit
05-28-2015, 07:49 PM
Titanfall 2 is on the list! :)

Though i'm sure it's just a small cinematic teaser with "coming in 2016" and probably during the Sony conference to signify that it's coming out on that platform as well now.

Thiah
05-28-2015, 11:06 PM
FALLOUT 4 is my most anticipated game on that list...and to think it will probably release this fall

Piko
05-28-2015, 11:27 PM
FALLOUT 4 is my most anticipated game on that list...and to think it will probably release this fall

I have a feeling it'll be next year. We'll probably just get a brief teaser. Rumor is 2K may reveal a new Bioshock. Something new, and something dystopian.

Thiah
05-29-2015, 06:03 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Fallout 3 was released a few months after it's announcement. That was kinda the logic I was going with.

thelastdisciple
05-29-2015, 06:47 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Fallout 3 was released a few months after it's announcement. That was kinda the logic I was going with.
First teaser came out June 5, 2007 and the game was released October 28, 2008.

Wretchedest
06-01-2015, 03:12 AM
I would expect to see Crackdown 3 and and Red Dead Redeption 2 is well. The former is expected next year, and the latter has been gestating for years now.

liquidcalm
06-01-2015, 04:40 PM
Watch Dogs looked awesome, although my excitement for it is somewhat tempered by the fact it won't be out for aaaages, whereas Last of Us (which looked incredible), Tomb Raider etc will all be with us in about a year.
Anyone see Square-Enix's tech demo? That was awesome too, though I remember being impressed by the tech and early trailers for FFXIII and that... could have been better.
For me though the game of the show is Sim Bloody City.
That looks awesome and just the sort of game that keeps me coming back. I still play 3000 and 4 regularly, I'd probably still play 2000 if I could find the CD..

If anyone is climbing on the e3 hype train, see above as a warning to you all.

bruised
06-03-2015, 01:37 PM
Doom and Destiny dude, that's all.

Space Suicide
06-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Bloodborne expansion reveal/news, Gears of War reveal/news, Fallout 4 news and MGSV is all I care about this year so far.

thelastdisciple
06-03-2015, 01:49 PM
I still hope Battlefront can convince me to check it out once some gameplay shows up.

Also def looking forward to some DooM stuffs.

Fallout 4 is exciting but truth be told i still need to play all of the titles leading up to it.

JessicaSarahS
06-16-2015, 02:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=157&v=buhUO3QGeo0

This presentation made me tear up! <3 Can't wait to play this.

gorast
06-16-2015, 02:31 AM
E3 has been ridiculous so far.

Fallout 4, Doom, 360 backwards compatibility (limited as it is) on the One, that ridiculous Elite controller, Unravel and most of the other indie games Microsoft showcased, Tomb Raider, Mirror's Edge, Battlefront, The Last God Damn Guardian, Street Fighter V, FINAL FANTASY VII?????, SHENMUE III???????...

And we haven't even done Nintendo and Square Enix's solo conference. Square pulling the trigger on FFVII at Sony's conference must mean some big-ass shit at their own conference. Kingdom Hearts III gameplay/release date? Final Fantasy XV demo/release date? Bravely Second? Something new? I can't even imagine. And I have no damn clue what Nintendo's going to do, but they've got their work cut out for them this time around. Jesus. Sony didn't fuck around this year.

I always love E3 season, and this one's been very, very good.

Wretchedest
06-16-2015, 02:55 AM
Some smaller but exciting things:
Horizon: Zero Dawn was my favorite new IP possibly very cool. South Park sequel was the surprise i never knew i wanted, the coon and friends concept is awesome. Ghost Recon tackles a neat, open world approach.

Sonys conference was great to watch. Aside from the obvious big reveals, the pacing was relentless. They soent the least time between game reveals, rambling for at most 30 seconds before diving into the next thing. Just one big thing after the other. The other conferences featured varying levels of rambling in between, with EA being the biggest offender with almost exclusively bot air coming from their faces.

Kodiak33
06-16-2015, 01:21 PM
This E3 has been amazing. Best one I've seen in years.

october_midnight
06-16-2015, 01:40 PM
Anyone see the trailer for the game 'Cuphead'? Looks insanely great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TjUPXAn2Rg

ManBurning
06-16-2015, 10:07 PM
Tough to say who won E3 this year, but it defiantly wasn't Nintendo! Am I the only one that feels they under-preformed this year? I mean I'm as excited as the next person for new Star Fox, but guess what? We already knew about that LAST E3! They didn't really bring anything new to the table. Now it's between an Xbox 1 or a PS4... hmm... decisions, decisions.... i'm leaning more towards the PS4, have been even before E3, was close to getting one last weekend actually... but Xbox did step up their game this year.

Cup Head looks great! That's my kinda game! Also excited for the Final Fantasy VII remake. Hopefully we don't have to wait 2 more years for that to come out, but 2017 almost makes sense it being the 20th anniversary of the game and all.

Backwards Compatibility on the Xbox 1 is nice, but that should have been a feature from the start! They shouldn't have to do an update 2 years later to entice new people to buy the system. Microsoft has slowly went back on all the mistakes they made with this new console. They were so adamant that the XBOX1 was the way of the future as an multi-media device rather than a game console when it was first revealed a couple years ago, and since then they've basically gone back to erase all their errors, it's kind of hilarious in a way, but I guess it's working. PS4 sold me from day 1, I had just been waiting for the games before I pounced on it, now, xbox might be winning me back there.

I might just have to buy both consoles, but definatly not together. That's mad dough. These systems aren't exactly cheap!

Jinsai
06-16-2015, 10:10 PM
Anyone see the trailer for the game 'Cuphead'? Looks insanely great.

Wow that looks amazing

Regarding this E3, it's been pretty great so far. I plan to get a Xbone somewhere down the line, though there's a lot coming for the PS4 now, and it's catering to my kind of game. Star Ocean, FF7 Remake, Persona 5 (!!!!!!!!), Ratchet and Clank, Bloodborne DLC, Shenmue III, No Man's Sky...

I really do wish Cuphead was coming out for PS4, but I guess I'll play it when I eventually get a Bone, and maybe it'll be cheap by then.

Conan The Barbarian
06-16-2015, 11:27 PM
It's cheap now, 349.

thelastdisciple
06-16-2015, 11:41 PM
I really do wish Cuphead was coming out for PS4, but I guess I'll play it when I eventually get a Bone, and maybe it'll be cheap by then.
Looks like it'll be out for PC too if that's an option for you?

Madmya
06-17-2015, 12:25 AM
I'm calling No Man's Sky to be very average. 7/10.

Jinsai
06-17-2015, 11:59 AM
Looks like it'll be out for PC too if that's an option for you?

I could, but I really prefer consoles.

I'll be in no rush to pick it up. One of the good things about buying a console that's a few years old is that the original lineup of games is usually discounted to practically nothing by that point.

Besides, if Persona 5 is actually going to be releasing this year, I'll have my hands full with that and Batman and Elder Scrolls Online.

thelastdisciple
06-18-2015, 01:58 AM
Great turn out for PC games lately, a lot less to worry about being only exclusive to consoles now thankfully.

http://www.pcgamer.com/every-game-at-e3-2015-and-its-pc-outlook/