PDA

View Full Version : The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

witte
05-16-2012, 07:29 AM
Now I'm really pissed! Godverdomme!
Just the postman at my door with the package: I needed to pay extra border fees: €56

We had to wait 6 months for this shit and now extra charges too. Excellent service, people. This is thé way you thread die hard fans.
Fuck you

PS: I'm expecting a second one for a dutch collector friend. Same story?

vvv Oh yes, forgive me. I see, I'm not so smart as other people. I see you went to college, my friend. Congrats, but I'm not interested in smart replies like this. When I pay good money I expect some good service in reply. That means also good shipping. vvv
vvv Thanks for the support vvv

otnavuskire
05-16-2012, 07:59 AM
I love how people always get angry and blame the company shipping the product for customs duties, when typically it's the responsibility of the person receiving them.

KreTafkA
05-16-2012, 08:49 AM
Mine finally arrived too 1509/3000 and I have to pay almost €70 taxes :(:(:(:(

But it it still fuckin awsome !!!

sheepdean
05-16-2012, 09:44 AM
I love how people always get angry and blame the company shipping the product for customs duties, when typically it's the responsibility of the person receiving them.
Er, no. If you're a large company who is offering shipping specifically to Europe, you need to be aware of customs charges in advance, and have them paid on the actual package. If that means charging more for shipping, so be it.

RJK
05-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Just got mine and my number is 1254. I'm glad it was packaged well because the outside box had a huge hole in it. This set was definitely worth the wait. This thing is HEAVY!

spahn
05-16-2012, 12:23 PM
looks like mine came in today. just got a call from my wife that a package arrived for me. i almost totally forgot about this since its been such a long time since I ordered it.

kdrcraig
05-16-2012, 12:46 PM
Mine arrived at my parents' today, won't be able to get my hands on it until Memorial Day weekend but it's there waiting for me!

arachnophilia
05-16-2012, 02:47 PM
They are encoded/mastered at 24/96 but spectral analysis reveals they were only recorded/mixed at 48kHz (as with The Social Network and the HTDA EP).

Shouldn't make the slightest difference. 96kHz is largely unnecessary for this kind of music.

well, that's kind of lame.

i agree that it's unnecessary, but... still.

Volk
05-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Mine *finally* arrived..... #950/3000.

eversonpoe
05-16-2012, 04:04 PM
mine came a couple days ago. #0896/3000 undamaged, unmarked, absolutely gorgeous. can't wait to spend three hours listening to it. :D

Ryan
05-17-2012, 06:10 AM
Slight anomaly I noticed on mine: there is no little ribbon thing behind the razor USB to assist in pulling it out. I need to yank it out with my fingers. Any others like this?

gunn13
05-17-2012, 06:14 AM
Slight anomaly I noticed on mine: there is no little ribbon thing behind the razor USB to assist in pulling it out. I need to yank it out with my fingers. Any others like this?

Same as mine. After seeing some photos of the ribbon thing; thought it may have come loose in the package but no dice. Nowhere to be found.

spahn
05-17-2012, 08:46 AM
So i finally opened mine up. I got 960/3000. I have to say, its a thing of beauty. The hard "ice" cover is very impressive. Luckily, i got a good looking autograph by trent. i've seen some signed in the 2000+ that looks like trent got tired of signing his name and it got a little sloppy. my usb drive also has the little ribbon to pull out, which from what i've read, some have not had.

all in all, it looks great and well worth the wait. TR definitely does not disappoint when it comes to these Ultra Deluxe Edition. And although my wallet would definitely be hurting, I'd love to see one made for the fragile.

eversonpoe
05-17-2012, 11:13 AM
http://instagr.am/p/KqeDrtj2Sr/

um...rob sheridan liked my picture. i had a little fanboy moment, there...

acidpolly
05-18-2012, 08:43 AM
sandbag sent my package on May 2nd and it reached Moscow at the same day. but I still have nothing. wrote to them, got a reply: "Our couriers have advised us that it safer to send your order via surface mail, and have forwarded your order to be delivered by your standard mail carrier. [...] As your order will be delivered via surface mail, delivery will take a little longer. Please allow 25 working days for delivery to be completed. "
living in Russia SUCKS
give me my razor blade already!!!

princessomega
05-18-2012, 08:45 AM
http://instagr.am/p/KqeDrtj2Sr/

um...rob sheridan liked my picture. i had a little fanboy moment, there...

I had that same feeling too when he liked my instagram pic of TGWTDT also.
Glad to know I am not alone..teehee

BenAkenobi
05-18-2012, 11:15 AM
acidpolly, зато здесь с тебя не возьмут таможенную пошлину, как с nine_inch_nerd полсотни евро

reseen_lamenti
05-18-2012, 12:13 PM

Same. Had to pinch it out

acidpolly
05-18-2012, 01:36 PM
acidpolly, зато здесь с тебя не возьмут таможенную пошлину, как с nine_inch_nerd полсотни евро
мне кажется я бы уже лучше доплатила, честное слово :/
(sorry guys)

Scramasax
05-19-2012, 05:43 AM
Got my invoice for Customs charges today. Fucking bullshit. £45.42. I'm so pissed off that this cost wasn't covered in the $300 charge for this. Have to delve into my saving account, again, to pay first for the package and now for the fucking customs charge which should have been covered at the other end.

Trent please never make another of these deluxe packages again if they cause this much money, this much annoyance and this much waiting only to be told that we haven't handed over enough cash for it already.

Ryan
05-19-2012, 05:50 AM
I didn't have to pay any customs down here.

sheepdean
05-19-2012, 06:01 AM
Customs charges in the UK are different to those in Australia, this is why. Something Topspin should know.

Scramasax
05-19-2012, 06:06 AM
I'd be surprised if they didn't.

I really wish the problems with Mute had been sorted out none of us in the UK at least would have had to deal with this rip-off extra charge. Pretty sure if I'm reading this invoice right no one else in the EU would have been charged either.

Paid for it. This deluxe set needs to make it worth it.

nufan
05-19-2012, 07:23 AM
I had to fork out £45 for customs fees also. Parcelforce should be delivering this on Monday. Looking forward to the package and forgetting this whole debacle

gorast
05-19-2012, 11:11 AM
I wonder if all of this is going to affect whether Trent wants to continue with the concept of Deluxe packages beyond The Fragile (whenever that happens.) Non-US orders were a disaster the first couple days, a two and a half month delay of shipping that resulted in a staggered rollout delaying shipping even further, misprints of all kinds all over the place, and now obnoxious customs charges. Not to mention the packages didn't even sell out even six months after orders opened up, as well as people cancelling their orders. Damn.

Vertigo
05-19-2012, 03:50 PM
I wonder if all of this is going to affect whether Trent wants to continue with the concept of Deluxe packages beyond The Fragile (whenever that happens.) Non-US orders were a disaster the first couple days, a two and a half month delay of shipping that resulted in a staggered rollout delaying shipping even further, misprints of all kinds all over the place, and now obnoxious customs charges. Not to mention the packages didn't even sell out even six months after orders opened up, as well as people cancelling their orders. Damn.

Yeah, I wonder that too. The current format was certainly ill-advised - I'm a rabid NIN fan, theoretically the target consumer, but as I don't have a record player the Dragon Tattoo deluxe wasn't something to aspire to. I'm not surprised they (as far as I know) didn't sell the whole run.

Reign the price in by at least two thirds, and just have it add the USB razor, containing multitracks for the full album and maybe a little making-of documentary, and they could get away with a less ambitious packaging design and probably sell several times as many as they did.
Most deluxe albums these days just add around £5 to the price and tag a few bonus tracks on the end, with an alternate set of cover art...

jessamineny
05-19-2012, 04:03 PM
The current format was certainly ill-advised - I'm a rabid NIN fan, theoretically the target consumer, but as I don't have a record player the Dragon Tattoo deluxe wasn't something to aspire to. I'm not surprised they (as far as I know) didn't sell the whole run.

Remember how fast Ghosts sold out, though, when nobody had even heard the music. So there's a market for these deluxe sets. Unfortunately TGWTDT seemed plagued by unfortunate setbacks, and when you look at Final Destiny's summation it does seem pretty bleak.

gunn13
05-19-2012, 05:17 PM
For what its worth, I thought I would share my experience.
Bought the package from the nullco UK site at the start of January. Selected trackable shipping.
When it was dispatched received the email explaining so. Didnt receive a tracking number so couldn't actually track it.
It arrived within 5 days. Delivered by UKMail. Had to sign for it.
No customs charges.

It seems really odd that there was such a wide variety of shipping methods and couriers used.

gorast
05-19-2012, 10:17 PM
For what its worth, I thought I would share my experience.
Bought the package from the nullco UK site at the start of January. Selected trackable shipping.
When it was dispatched received the email explaining so. Didnt receive a tracking number so couldn't actually track it.
It arrived within 5 days. Delivered by UKMail. Had to sign for it.
No customs charges.

It seems really odd that there was such a wide variety of shipping methods and couriers used.
See, and then there're things like this, making the issues wildly inconsistent. It's ridiculous.

Though tbh I still sorta wish I didn't have to cancel my order. Dat usb drive...

Darkman2K5
05-20-2012, 06:33 PM
I got my package in the mail today but its not numbered, they completely left the plate off, and its not loose in the box. Don't know how that could have slipped through the cracks. I sent them an email, waiting on a response now. No problems with the USB drive at least.

So after some emails with Topsin, they apparently went ahead and sent me ANOTHER set to make up for this. I didn't even ask for a replacement, I just told them what happened and sent them some pictures of the box so they could see exactly what I was talking about. I'm honestly amazed that they would just go ahead and send me a second set as a replacement. I have a tracking number for the shipment that says it should be here on the 24th.

Ryan
05-21-2012, 01:27 AM
So after some emails with Topsin, they apparently went ahead and sent me ANOTHER set to make up for this. I didn't even ask for a replacement, I just told them what happened and sent them some pictures of the box so they could see exactly what I was talking about. I'm honestly amazed that they would just go ahead and send me a second set as a replacement. I have a tracking number for the shipment that says it should be here on the 24th.

They really fucked up with this release for some clients.

wizfan
05-21-2012, 09:41 AM
Okay, small question: why is David Fincher listed as a producer for Immigrant Song and Is Your Love Strong Enough? Is it because he had the ideas? I doubt he did anything musically. Did he?

gorast
05-21-2012, 12:45 PM
Okay, small question: why is David Fincher listed as a producer for Immigrant Song and Is Your Love Strong Enough? Is it because he had the ideas? I doubt he did anything musically. Did he?
It's probably because it was his idea for both covers, nothing more.

howdidislipinto
05-21-2012, 02:12 PM
My set arrived last week, and is fucking gorgeous. Number 0484/3000.

Unfortunately, after trying on various computers, it's clear my USB drive doesn't work. Only one computer recognized it and the drive was still inaccessible. Contacted TopSpin last night and I await word on how it might be fixed. Fingers crossed.

Nonetheless, the set is still gorgeous, was worth (the ridiculous) wait, and I look forward to actually sitting down and enjoying the vinyl when I have the time.

Darkman2K5
05-21-2012, 06:06 PM
They really fucked up with this release for some clients.

Yeah, its really unfortunate that all of this happened on top of the delays, but it looks like they are trying to make amends (at least in my case.) I don't know if any here ordered the re-issue of Siamese Dream and Gish from The Smashing Pumpkins, but the orders for those also went through Topspin, and many of the people who made orders did not get them until nearly a month after the albums were released. Those who ordered from amazon or went to Best Buy to pick up a copy got them much sooner.

jhulud
05-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Am I the only dork who hasn't opened the set out of its shrinkwrap to check the signatures and vinyl and USB razor?...I've been so damn busy with work and feeling generally lazy at home. That's my excuse. Ha!

butter_hole
05-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Yeah, its really unfortunate that all of this happened on top of the delays, but it looks like they are trying to make amends (at least in my case.) I don't know if any here ordered the re-issue of Siamese Dream and Gish from The Smashing Pumpkins, but the orders for those also went through Topspin, and many of the people who made orders did not get them until nearly a month after the albums were released. Those who ordered from amazon or went to Best Buy to pick up a copy got them much sooner.

People who suffered delays with the SP reissues got sent a gift later on, though. Some rare flexidisc thing.

kevo_0788
05-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Frankly, with what many of you are saying about the idea of a Deluxe packaging, I do kind of agree. I am a huge fan of listening to my music on Vinyl and don't buy CDs (and 9/10 times with the artists I listen to a digital version is included some way in the record set). This set is seriously awesome, but as a teacher it cut into the budget a little deep this time around. I'm not sure what many of you bought the set for, but I can tell you I bought it to listen to, not just set it on a coffee table for friends and family to admire how pretty it was. I wasn't able to afford the Ghosts set at the time, but I was just as pleased with the normal double fold album you could eventually buy without all the whistles and bells. I really hope in the future that Trent and co. will accommodate those who enjoy Vinyl, but don't want to fork over the cash for the premium package. I think offering the deluxe version is great, but offering something a tad more standard on Vinyl would make me a happy camper.

Ryan
05-22-2012, 06:12 AM
My set arrived last week, and is fucking gorgeous. Number 0484/3000.

Unfortunately, after trying on various computers, it's clear my USB drive doesn't work. Only one computer recognized it and the drive was still inaccessible. Contacted TopSpin last night and I await word on how it might be fixed. Fingers crossed.

Nonetheless, the set is still gorgeous, was worth (the ridiculous) wait, and I look forward to actually sitting down and enjoying the vinyl when I have the time.

How come so many people are having issues with the USBs?

Works fine on my PC. Contents are in there and are displayed.

nufan
05-22-2012, 06:20 AM
#1507/3000 finally!

gorast
05-22-2012, 07:57 AM
Frankly, with what many of you are saying about the idea of a Deluxe packaging, I do kind of agree. I am a huge fan of listening to my music on Vinyl and don't buy CDs (and 9/10 times with the artists I listen to a digital version is included some way in the record set). This set is seriously awesome, but as a teacher it cut into the budget a little deep this time around. I'm not sure what many of you bought the set for, but I can tell you I bought it to listen to, not just set it on a coffee table for friends and family to admire how pretty it was. I wasn't able to afford the Ghosts set at the time, but I was just as pleased with the normal double fold album you could eventually buy without all the whistles and bells. I really hope in the future that Trent and co. will accommodate those who enjoy Vinyl, but don't want to fork over the cash for the premium package. I think offering the deluxe version is great, but offering something a tad more standard on Vinyl would make me a happy camper.

Wouldn't the manufacturing cost for a six-vinyl set drive the price way up, though?

Scramasax
05-22-2012, 07:55 PM
It finally arrived today, nearly missed the delivery. Heard them putting the leaflet through the letter box saying it was being left at the post office and I ran out and caught them just as they were driving away.

It's number 1112. Haven't really got a chance to look at it yet but already it's made me think all the waiting was worth it, what little I've seen of it is fantastically beautiful.

USB works fine for me.

kevo_0788
05-22-2012, 08:56 PM
Wouldn't the manufacturing cost for a six-vinyl set drive the price way up, though?

Well I'm not 100% on how manufacturing and business in general for production works, but if that were the case then the standard Ghosts record I own would've been way more than the $40 I spent on it (considering both the super deluxe and the normal vinyl set contained the same amount of discs record wise). In no way do I suggest putting this out as a $20 record set, but I remember ordering it after reading Trent's post about a six Vinyl set and already expected to drop $75 for it (that obviously didn't go as planned lol). Really all I'm saying is keep it open like Ghosts was. The options for that were (in my opinion) perfect because it hit every kind of fan from those interested in something super simple, a CD set, a satisfactory record set, or just every possible thing in one package.

Darkman2K5
05-23-2012, 12:22 AM
People who suffered delays with the SP reissues got sent a gift later on, though. Some rare flexidisc thing.

I was one of those affected by the delays, and they did indeed send a free gift to those who ordered through Topsin. Its a flexidisc that they manufactured solely to make amends for fiasco. I will say this about Topspin, so far, at least in my case, they have really gone the extra mile to patch things up when they make a mistake.

spahn
05-23-2012, 11:54 AM
Am I the only dork who hasn't opened the set out of its shrinkwrap to check the signatures and vinyl and USB razor?...I've been so damn busy with work and feeling generally lazy at home. That's my excuse. Ha!

i got mine a couple of weeks ago and i opened it up, looked at it real quick and put it away. between work, expecting my son who is due to be born in the next few weeks and doing a master bathroom renovation, i haven't had time to sit down and fully enjoy it.

ninjaw
05-23-2012, 03:45 PM
stupid question : French Bluray is finally released today, Trent isn't in the bonus ?

sheepdean
05-23-2012, 04:00 PM
stupid question : French Bluray is finally released today, Trent isn't in the bonus ?
TR+AR didn't have time to be on the Blu Ray or DVD, there's no footage period, sadly.

howdidislipinto
05-24-2012, 05:03 PM
How come so many people are having issues with the USBs?

Works fine on my PC. Contents are in there and are displayed.

I'm guessing if we knew the answer to that, we wouldn't be having any issues.

No progress from TopSpin, though they've replied. They said they need to get in touch with the manufacturer. We'll see what happens. I'd be happy to just get the content somehow, I don't actually need a new razorblade. I'm happy to have it be awesome-looking and non-working.

witte
05-25-2012, 05:50 AM
I bought my boxes for the vinyls ;)
My vinyls (from the UK order) sound on several tracks like shit. I dropped a complaint! Getting tired of this...

jessamineny
05-25-2012, 07:01 AM
The vinyls from your UK orders sound different than the vinyls from your U.S. order?

VVV Oh, how well I know. :D

witte
05-25-2012, 07:55 AM
My US box is still sealed.
I'm a collector, you know?
I ordered an extra US box for a dutch collector friend. Still waiting for his report.
I listened to three vinyls and on several parts of the tracks I hear distortion and crackling. Unbelievable.

botley
05-25-2012, 09:01 AM
Guys, the word "vinyl" in reference to gramophone records is an uncountable noun... the plural is "vinyl", not "vinyls", JFYI.

sheepdean
05-25-2012, 09:10 AM
Guys, the word "vinyl" in reference to gramophone records is an uncountable noun... the plural is "vinyl", not "vinyls", JFYI.
Not in British English

witte
05-25-2012, 09:23 AM
Not in the netherlands ;)

botley
05-25-2012, 10:04 AM
Look it up... if your dictionary says "uncountable" before the definition you're using, then use of the plural is incorrect.

kdrcraig
05-25-2012, 10:10 AM
Got #675. Very nice package, back into the box and into storage with Ghosts Deluxe it goes. Edit: mine has the ribbon for getting the USB out

witte
05-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Look it up... if your dictionary says "uncountable" before the definition you're using, then use of the plural is incorrect.
OK. To stay a little 'on topic'
On several tracks,
Vinyl 1a sounds shit
Vinyl 1b sounds shit
Vinyl 2b sounds shit
Vinyl 3a sounds shit

Edit:
My dutch collector friend also confirmed a few bad sound errors. He has an US box.
I cannot imagine that we are the only ones.

blassster
05-27-2012, 12:37 AM
On several tracks,
Vinyl 1a sounds shit
Vinyl 1b sounds shit
Vinyl 2b sounds shit
Vinyl 3a sounds shit

Edit:
My dutch collector friend also confirmed a few bad sound errors. He has an US box.

Does your friend have errors in the same tracks/areas, or in other parts? Now I'm concerned :(

arachnophilia
05-27-2012, 03:08 AM
On several tracks,
Vinyl 1a sounds shit
Vinyl 1b sounds shit
Vinyl 2b sounds shit
Vinyl 3a sounds shit

Edit:

i have a US box. mine had some sound errors too. i thought it was my turntable acting up. i'll probably listen to again soon and make notes of when it happens.

jmtd
05-27-2012, 03:24 AM
Not in British English

Plenty of our fellow uk country folk say "vinyls" and are just as wrong as our us cousins.

acidpolly
05-28-2012, 11:04 AM
finally got it!
1350/3000
http://instagr.am/p/LLRkAMiqw6/
flash razor is cool :)
the chain is pretty long! what are you guys doing with yours if you're going to wear it? take some of the links away?

blassster
05-28-2012, 03:00 PM
finally got it!
1350/3000
http://instagr.am/p/LLRkAMiqw6/
flash razor is cool :)
the chain is pretty long! what are you guys doing with yours if you're going to wear it? take some of the links away?

If I don't end up cancelling mine (reported sound errors in this thread sorta have me back on the fence and it hasn't shipped from amazon.ca yet), I plan to remove the links on mine if needed. It would probably look stupid if worn hanging down too long, depending on the person. Plan to use Rooney promo pics as a reference for the potential length.

meetree
05-30-2012, 05:56 AM
i got mie last week,no.2947
after i payed 360$ (shippment incl.(germany)) i had to pay 66€ for duty-(was really mad about that one).
but i dont care much though, cuz its worth every cent,the quality and artwork is amazing...
i didnt have the time yet to hear all of the vinyls so i cant say anything about the sound issues (but as i looked through them i recognized some quality differences-width differences on one and the same vinyl)...
the thing i really shit around with is the usb drive....i plug it in, its recognized but i cant c any data.
it keeps telling me insert disc or shit like that...

richardp
05-30-2012, 11:26 AM
I've listened to all 6 records in my set and NONE of them sound like shit. They all sound incredible, with no distortion or crackling.

witte
05-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Then you are a lucky guy.

I'll listen to the last three vinyl (s) next days (work and back from a festival) and will give some feedback here.
By the way: still no response from Topspin till now.

heroicraptor
06-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Anyone wanna buy my super ultimate deluxe? I haven't even opened the shipping box.

sheepdean
06-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Anyone wanna buy my super ultimate deluxe? I haven't even opened the shipping box.
I'll give you £30 and a hamburger for it

dpeters
06-03-2012, 01:33 PM
The score for TGWTDT wasn't as strong as either composers' previous works, either alone or together.

I think this is why I passed on the deluxe version. :/

witte
06-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Then you are a lucky guy.

I'll listen to the last three vinyl (s) next days (work and back from a festival) and will give some feedback here.
By the way: still no response from Topspin till now.

Resumé: I listened to the complete album. The first three vinyls have several parts with bad sound. Record 4 I heard one bad moment. The rest is fine. Still no reply from my claim. I think we must forget this complete nightmare as quickly as possible.

richardp
06-03-2012, 05:00 PM
Can I be honest? I mean this in no disrespect, but A LOT of this complaining is just coming off as ungrateful.

witte
06-03-2012, 05:44 PM
My dear friend, I am a music lover and when I buy music, I want to listen to that music. And when I pay $300 for a 6 vinyl album I want at least normal quality where I can listen to. Nothing more, nothing less. And if they don't manage to do that, I have the right to complain.

Respect to you too.

gorast
06-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Can I be honest? I mean this in no disrespect, but A LOT of this complaining is just coming off as ungrateful.
Perhaps it should be pointed out that any potential "ungratefulness" would be aimed at the manufacturer, and not Trent and Atticus, as these are all manufacturing issues. Perhaps the only thing that could truly be aimed at Trent and Atticus (and probably Rob too) is the fact that they chose this manufacturer instead of Artist in Residence this time, though, since we don't know the manufacturer (as far as I know), this may be the first time there've been so many problems with a package.

richardp
06-04-2012, 01:30 AM
My dear friend, I am a music lover and when I buy music, I want to listen to that music. And when I pay $300 for a 6 vinyl album I want at least normal quality where I can listen to. Nothing more, nothing less. And if they don't manage to do that, I have the right to complain.

Respect to you too.

No I think I was more or less not directing that at people who are upset about the vinyl quality but the people who are canceling their orders based solely on what other people are saying about bad mouthing the product before they've even gotten their hands on it, and stuff like that. And I'm not singling anybody out in particular, I've just been seeing a lot of unnecessary negative shit talking on this set. And not just from ETS, but all over. This is just my opinion, though.

ninjaw
06-04-2012, 06:32 AM
I fucking received my package without any notice ! http://instagr.am/p/LcreXfC6nX/ i'm 1443
If you are still waiting: I ordered very late from UK my vague "order shipped" mail was mailed 1 month ago it NEVER been updated online i never received any more mail since. I live in Paris, France, code+6 floors, without elevator, believe me, it been 3 years since french post refuse to deliver me, they don't even enter the bulding anymore. Well this time this wasn't french post, i gave all details for delivering, and they did came to deliver ! So i consider myself lucky, because other pals here ordered from USA, they did receive real mail from admin@inhance.net or ... fucking customs mails asking for an extra 66€, and i don't know who is really delivering these locally.

shoottofill
06-04-2012, 10:29 PM
Don't think this has been covered yet, but my Blu Ray player won't play the .FLAC's directly from the USB. Anyone know the easiest way to make a DVD-AUDIO disc? I use mac and have DVD studio pro 4. Couldn't find it in any of the documentation, but I could be looking for the wrong terms.

ninjaw
06-05-2012, 05:06 AM
Don't think this has been covered yet, but my Blu Ray player won't play the .FLAC's directly from the USB. Anyone know the easiest way to make a DVD-AUDIO disc? I use mac and have DVD studio pro 4. Couldn't find it in any of the documentation, but I could be looking for the wrong terms.

Wow you should upgradre Bluray, tablet, and computer... my bluray player is working fine : http://instagr.am/p/LctWyMC6ns (http://instagr.am/p/LctWyMC6ns/?fb_action_ids=10150933259432719&fb_action_types=instapp%3Atake&fb_ref=ogexp&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=282366635119873) and my tablet too http://instagr.am/p/LfJds5C6gY

DVD audio is long time dead, this page provide free PC tools, links and specifications http://dvd-audio.sourceforge.net/

shoottofill
06-05-2012, 06:14 AM
Sadly it is a new Blu ray player. It will play the .mp3s but not the .FLACs. Thanks for the link, will try it tonight.

blassster
06-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Sadly it is a new Blu ray player. It will play the .mp3s but not the .FLACs. Thanks for the link, will try it tonight.

You could also try converting those .FLAC to uncompressed 24/96 .WAV and see if the player accepts it. I use dBpoweramp for this type of thing.

butter_hole
06-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Or 24/48 to save space as that's all they are anyway

shoottofill
06-05-2012, 08:37 PM
it doesn't like wav either. man i picked a shitty player.

botley
06-05-2012, 10:14 PM
You can author the WAV files as an embedded LPCM stream at 96/24 in a DVD-Video container such that it will work on every player under the sun. I don't know exactly what tool is best for this but you'd probably need more than one DVD for it.

jmtd
06-06-2012, 10:22 AM
You can author the WAV files as an embedded LPCM stream at 96/24 in a DVD-Video container such that it will work on every player under the sun. I don't know exactly what tool is best for this but you'd probably need more than one DVD for it.

It'd probably fit on one bd-r if one has access to a Blu ray writer.

botley
06-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Yes. Apparently HD-Audio Solo Ultra will do this (haven't tried it myself).

TheBang
06-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Probably the easiest thing to use is Toast. Use the "Music DVD" option. You can even use the settings to downsample it to 24/48 while burning.

joplinpicasso
06-15-2012, 10:35 AM
I forgot how badass "Oraculum" is. For real.

botley
06-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Probably the easiest thing to use is Toast. Use the "Music DVD" option. You can even use the settings to downsample it to 24/48 while burning.

Be careful if you're downsampling. Most software does each track separately, which can screw up the track boundaries and introduce an audible click between songs that crossfade into each other.

xfocalinx
06-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Just got mine today (purchased through ebay) I got 1741/3000. It was unopened too, maybe I'm an idiot, but where is the chain for the razor?

sheepdean
06-15-2012, 04:28 PM
In a little felt bag that should be in it

xfocalinx
06-15-2012, 06:58 PM
In a little felt bag that should be in it

thanks bro, I missed it in the box

xfocalinx
06-16-2012, 10:46 AM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s720x720/389280_10151828943580346_1053240630_n.jpg

NEVER thought I'd get my hand on one, let alone a relatively low number.

Warped_Savant
06-17-2012, 09:48 AM
...let alone a relatively low number.
Not to be a jerk or anything... but 1741 is closer to the end of the run than the beginning... What counts as "low" for you?

xfocalinx
06-18-2012, 08:32 PM
Well, I was expecting something like 2853 basically the high 2k's

blassster
06-23-2012, 08:40 PM
To me, low is under 350ish :P. My deluxe set is arriving from amazon.ca on Wednesday, finally.

What I've wanted this whole time is an original print of that black/white uncensored (Craig holding her from behind, with visible nipple/piercing) poster.

onthewall2983
06-24-2012, 10:49 PM
I watched the movie on DVD this weekend, and didn't realize certain tracks were actually in the film like "Under The Midnight Sun" and "Please Take Your Hand Away" (during one scene I thought I was hearing an odd mix of both pieces together).

Scramasax
06-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Finally sitting down to listen to the vinyls after them sitting there for a month awaiting for me to find time to play them. On 'She Reminds Me Of You' atm. These vinyls sound fantastic. Rich and clear.

blassster
06-27-2012, 05:46 PM
I got it today from Amazon.ca, #654. Mine was in a large box with a lot of paper stuffing, about 1.5' x 2' x 2'. Was really lucky that UPS left it on my back deck, rather than out front. Also very lucky that the package wasn't delivered during some extreme rain we had here the other day!

USB works, listened to 1A but I got hungry. Sounds great so far, will continue listening to the other 11 sides later. Did someone bother creating a table to track numbers/usernames/locations, like when The Slip came out?

Bear78
06-29-2012, 11:06 PM
I was one of the people that had a deluxe package that was completely missing a USB flash drive. The last I heard from Topspin (back on June 6th) was that they were going to be reshipped by Null corp... well I still haven't gotten mine. Has anyone else received theirs yet?

NotoriousTIMP
07-04-2012, 10:17 PM
I see that you can still pre-order the boxset from nullco.com. Has anyone successfully ordered one? I kinda wish I hadn't cancelled my order now....

TheBang
07-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Topspin has real-time inventory, so if you're able to add it to your shopping cart, it's still in stock.

blassster
07-05-2012, 11:35 PM
Holy, the Amazon.ca price shot up to $401. Pre-order was initially $297, then changed to $360ish after a bit. They still have a couple in stock... though they're not the best deal up here anymore if any Canadians here were thinking of pulling the trigger.

witte
07-24-2012, 05:05 AM
My vinyls (from the UK order) sound on several tracks like shit. I dropped a complaint! Getting tired of this...

After some misunderstanding and mailing, I received today an email:

"Hi there - Thanks for your continued patience with this issue. I have put in a reshipment request for the damaged vinyls to management. Since we are not holding the merchandise in the UK for this particular item, it will be shipped by the US team. It shouldn't be too long - keep an eye out! Please let me know if you do not receive the replacement vinyls and I will look further into this. Enjoy the music and thanks for your support!"

simonn
08-23-2012, 06:47 AM
First confirmed news (as far as I'm aware) re the sequel. No mention of whether Trent and Atticus are involved at this stage. Pleased for confirmation that it's defo in the works though, although it did seem to be the case from the Blu Ray extras on TGWTDT.

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-sequel-delayed/281557

The sequel to The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo will not be released in cinemas in 2013 as originally planned.

According to Entertainment Weekly (http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/08/22/girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-sequel/), the script for the follow-up, titled The Girl Who Played With Fire, is still a work in progress and production cannot move forward until it is finished. The sequel is being written by Steven Zaillian, who also scripted The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

http://static.nme.com/images/article/DragonTattoo03PR300811.jpgReleased in 2011, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo starred Daniel Craig as journalist Mikael Blomqvist and Rooney Mara as computer hacker Lisbeth Salander, characters made famous in the crime novel of the same name by Swedish author Stieg Larsson. The US adaptation was directed by The Social Network's David Fincher and grossed $232 million worldwide (£146 million), which makers MGM later described as a "modest loss".

However, a source close to the production is said to have told Entertainment Weekly that the sequel is "still definitely moving forward", though the film's makers "are not in a rush". Both Craig and Mara are locked in for the sequel. Fincher has yet to sign up as director, but he remains MGM's first choice.

Larsson's trilogy of 'Millennium series' novels featuring Blomqvist and Salander have now sold more than 65 million copies worldwide. Each of the three novels - The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets' Nest - has already been made into a Swedish-language film starring Michael Nyqvist and Noomi Rapace.

Endlessly
09-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Tangentially: the pilot to CBS' Elementary leaked the other day. I doubt it's the final version to air, but in the leak they're temping in TGWTDT tracks for most of the soundtrack, during the crime scenes in particular (I know the first one was Pinned and Mounted, but didn't keep track after that). Cute.

NIN64
09-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Drunk and listening to "What if we could?" Good times. . .

Reznor2112
09-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Dumb question but why order the deluxe on Amazon since it is still available on nullco.com/GDT ??:confused:

sheepdean
09-12-2012, 11:49 PM
Dumb question but why order the deluxe on Amazon since it is still available on nullco.com/GDT ??:confused:
Because some people prefer buying from amazon, or may only be able to buy off of amazon, or may just not know nullco even exists.

Leviathant
09-13-2012, 12:26 AM
I know I'll often make the choice to buy something expensive from Amazon because their return policy is pretty kickass.

WorzelG
09-13-2012, 02:29 AM
It might also avoid huge international shipping charges

ninjaw
09-13-2012, 02:31 AM
It might also avoid huge international shipping charges

nullco is sending from uk too to europe

witte
10-02-2012, 02:37 AM
5/25/12

7/24/12

After some misunderstanding and mailing, I received today an email:

"Hi there - Thanks for your continued patience with this issue. I have put in a reshipment request for the damaged vinyls to management. Since we are not holding the merchandise in the UK for this particular item, it will be shipped by the US team. It shouldn't be too long - keep an eye out! Please let me know if you do not receive the replacement vinyls and I will look further into this. Enjoy the music and thanks for your support!"

My waiting succeeded.
Look what the postman brought this morning. Even a low numbered version.
I thought I only would get a set of new vinyls...
FYI, it's from the UK order I did.
After all, good service.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii130/nine_inch_nerd/NIN collection/521A5993-20C9-4031-93A5-82559E2C5EB8-1428-0000010C1716700C.jpg
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii130/nine_inch_nerd/NIN collection/9307037E-FA5F-4017-A3EB-DA165AA22B64-1428-0000010C21D2C9A6.jpg

vvv NO vvv

NotoriousTIMP
10-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Did you have to mail back the old set? If not.....*wink wink*

gorast
10-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Good service, over two months later...

I keep going back and forth over whether it was a good idea to cancel my order for this way back in April.

NotoriousTIMP
10-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Good service, over two months later...

I keep going back and forth over whether it was a good idea to cancel my order for this way back in April.

I regret it after seeing the pix of the final product

jessamineny
10-02-2012, 05:22 PM
I regret it after seeing the pix of the final product

http://www.nullco.com/GDT/usd.php

NotoriousTIMP
10-02-2012, 07:14 PM
http://www.nullco.com/GDT/usd.php

I thought I read somewhere that said all orders will be refunded....does it in fact still work?

gorast
10-02-2012, 07:22 PM
I thought I read somewhere that said all orders will be refunded....does it in fact still work?
They mentioned in the 80th or 90th delay email that all orders would be refundable at that time, but if you've already gotten it I'm not so sure. Should probably send Topspin an email about it.

ItsJustDave
10-02-2012, 08:38 PM
My waiting succeeded.
Look what the postman brought this morning. Even a low numbered version.

NICE! FWIW, I'd guess that #51 is likely the lowest number in "circulation" as I'm sure they held the first 50 for "personal use" amongst friends/etc. I believe it's the lowest number that was ever seen for Ghosts.

jessamineny
10-02-2012, 08:48 PM

Are you sure that didn't mean, "All people who ordered are entitled to a refund if they're tired of waiting"?

Try it. :::shrug:::

witte
10-05-2012, 07:24 AM
Good service, over two months later....

Hey hey, when the company sends a complete new set (not asking to resend the original) after a complaint I did earlier this year, I'd call that good service. No matter how long it took. Every time I contacted them, I received a respectful reply. There was some misunderstanding they solved excellent. Right!

blassster
10-05-2012, 09:48 AM
Does anyone wear the necklace? I finally shortened mine, but I need to re-add one link. Might wear it once in a while.

I want an original copy of the EU uncensored poster, damn it. Everything out there is some unknown quality reprint :(

Amaro
11-09-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm beginning to fully realize the genius of this score. Maybe knowing the movie now has a sizable effect...maybe...but damnit. I'm picking up the CD. Maybe someday I'll regret not getting the deluxe LP seeing as it's still in stock.

onthewall2983
11-11-2012, 06:17 AM
Between this and what I've heard on the new HTDA EP, I'm encouraged and intrigued that Trent has been letting his music go a bit glacial.

gorast
11-11-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm beginning to fully realize the genius of this score. Maybe knowing the movie now has a sizable effect...maybe...but damnit. I'm picking up the CD. Maybe someday I'll regret not getting the deluxe LP seeing as it's still in stock.
The thing's probably gonna be in stock for years at this point. Hopefully, anyway. I'm still not sure if I want to (re-)buy one.

[73]
11-16-2012, 05:45 AM
There's a slightly discounted version of the deluxe on Amazon.com currently. I'm not going to buy it but I figured someone might want to bite the bullet.

gorast
11-16-2012, 12:46 PM
Hm. You'd only be saving on shipping. Not sure how I feel about that. Plus it says the outer ice casing is chipped and it doesn't come with the specially marked box. I'll pass.

Amaro
11-19-2012, 12:41 PM
I say again...genius.

onthewall2983
12-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Just nominated for a Grammy for Best Soundtrack.

sheepdean
12-05-2012, 11:16 PM
And best box art. Though I bet McCartney wins, because Beatles snobbery.

I wonder if TRAR will be on the best of Grammy compilation this year. Or HTDA, as a marketing move by Columbia of course...

BenAkenobi
12-06-2012, 03:47 AM
And best box art.

CD or Deluxe? or both?

sheepdean
12-06-2012, 03:54 AM
Deluxe, standard was nice, but it wasn't Grammy worthy

botley
12-06-2012, 09:55 AM
And best box art. Though I bet McCartney wins, because Beatles snobbery.
Or on merit. They are both excellent boxes — RAM is one of the finest sets I own; McCartney's people did a fantastic job on everything involved. I don't have the deluxe GWTDT to compare, but they both deserve to win.

dominik
12-20-2012, 04:56 PM
An Itch is such a brilliant piece of music, especially the end.

fillow
12-22-2012, 06:08 AM
What track Trent referred to when he mentioned a vacuum cleaner sound being merged with the music in one scene? Or is it that way just in the movie itself?

reseen_lamenti
12-22-2012, 06:43 AM
What track Trent referred to when he mentioned a vacuum cleaner sound being merged with the music in one scene? Or is it that way just in the movie itself?
With the Flies. The sound blended diegetically within the movie.

eversonpoe
12-22-2012, 12:40 PM

it was a floor buffer.

joplinpicasso
12-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Excellent. Two Grammy nomnoms, one win so far. This soundtrack is incredible. I have an attachment to it far greater than my appreciation for the film.

BRoswell
12-28-2012, 04:54 PM
With the Flies. The sound blended diegetically within the movie.

It's actually We Could Wait Forever.

witte
12-29-2012, 09:37 AM
57. Best Score Soundtrack For Visual Media
63. Best Boxed Or Special Limited Edition Package

botley
12-31-2012, 01:55 PM
Did they win both of those? Is there some kind of pre-ceremony announcement I missed?

Leviathant
12-31-2012, 03:55 PM
Did they win both of those? Is there some kind of pre-ceremony announcement I missed?

Winner TBD in February 2013 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammy_Award_for_Best_Boxed_or_Special_Limited_Edi tion_Package)

danebraddy
12-31-2012, 06:52 PM
Rob Sheridan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Sheridan) for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Soundtrack), performed by Trent Reznor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trent_Reznor) & Atticus Ros (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Atticus_Ros&action=edit&redlink=1)

Impostor!

Seriously though, someone should fix that. I would, but I'm afraid that if I ever edited a wikipedia page, I'd never trust it again, who the hell would let me change stuff?

Amaro
01-02-2013, 02:48 PM
I got the CD(s) for Christmas...yeaaaaah.

blassster
01-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Here is a Nexus 4 formatted wallpaper that I edited. Let me know if the link ever goes down. Edit: link is back up. I used content aware fill to make the picture taller, rather than crop out the black bars. I wanted most of Rooney to be on the main screen, and cropping the black bars would have made less of her show up.

Edit 2: here is the PSD file for this, which also has the screen panel guides visible in Photoshop. If you open it, there is a text box in the bottom right corner (floating near the back of the chair) where you can place contact info if someone is nice enough to return it if lost. It shows up nicely in the lock screen, as long as you keep the text box where it is, and I find it looks better than the "owner info" text that's built in. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12965440/Dragon Tattoo stuff/rooney mara TGWTDT Nexus 4 - contactinfo_template.psd

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12965440/Dragon Tattoo stuff/rooney mara TGWTDT Nexus 4.jpg

cheddamash
02-07-2013, 09:57 AM
Fyi, Rooney Mara was just on the Kelly and Michael talk show and stated that the second iteration of GWTDT has "has been talked about creatively" but nothing more... "If it were to come out, it'd be a long way off."

richardp
02-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Fyi, Rooney Mara was just on the Kelly and Michael talk show and stated that the second iteration of GWTDT has "has been talked about creatively" but nothing more... "If it were to come out, it'd be a long way off."

That's a fucking bummer. I'm pretty sure David Fincher just doesn't care anymore because the studios fucked him in the marketing and Fincher is notorious for saying "fuck it" and moving onward if he's not 100% satisfied with the studio.

PhoenixML
02-10-2013, 05:45 PM
Appenrently, they won the 2013 Grammy for best soundtrack for visual media. Nito!

sheepdean
02-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Woo and yay
Now they need to do another film to win more awards :P

Ichiro
02-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Cool! I didn't even know they were nominated.

sheepdean
02-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Did any of them go? TR, AR or RS?

RJK
02-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Did any of them go? TR, AR or RS?

Nobody from their camp was there.

sheepdean
02-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Rob's never gonna get that grammy :(

PhoenixML
02-10-2013, 06:57 PM
The collector's edition package was also nominated for best special edition but lost.

jessamineny
02-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Rob sounds gutted. ;)

kenthebear
02-11-2013, 06:57 AM
"REZNOR:
Died.
Said 'fist fuck' and won a grammy.
Asked 'is your love strong enough?' and won another."

What a difference 20 years can make.

thefragile_jake
03-01-2013, 11:32 PM
I like this soundtrack but Social Network is obviously the better overall score.

gorast
03-02-2013, 12:03 AM
I think GDT just suffers from being an absurdly long album. A lot of the tracks end up sounding the same after several listens, whereas TSN had more variation due to it being a much shorter album with far fewer tracks. When I want to listen to GDT, I tend to just put it on shuffle without Immigrant Song and IYLSE?, so it's more like a soundscape as I do other things.

butter_hole
03-02-2013, 12:51 AM
(TR has actually won three Grammy's)

gorast
03-05-2013, 02:01 AM
Does anyone happen to have a .zip of the For Your Consideration version of GDT? I never managed to find a place to download it and going track-by-track from Sony's website would take forever.

Leviathant
03-05-2013, 07:55 AM
Does anyone happen to have a .zip of the For Your Consideration version of GDT? I never managed to find a place to download it and going track-by-track from Sony's website would take forever.

Get the "DownloadThemAll" add-on for Firefox, and then downloading them from Sony's website takes only one or two clicks.

spahn
03-05-2013, 02:05 PM

send me a PM with your email and I'll send them to you via a Dropbox share. just trying to help out a fellow south floridian NIN fan.

onthewall2983
04-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Is there a reason there was never a blu for this?

sheepdean
04-13-2013, 10:01 PM
Is there a reason there was never a blu for this?
I believe the reason for no BD-A was time constraints

butter_hole
04-13-2013, 10:50 PM
Haha, that gives Trent's "long story..." tweet a new spin.

sheepdean
04-28-2013, 04:24 PM
Has anyone isolated Mariqueen's vocals from the tracks she vocalises on? I'd love to play around with them a bit

Reznor2112
05-27-2013, 03:53 PM
Wow, if you have the Quake soundtrack, go listen to the theme and right at 2:20-2:45 tell me that doesnt sound like TGWTDT score... Maybe im crazy.

eversonpoe
08-18-2013, 02:04 PM
finally got around to listening to this on vinyl and it's (as expected) fantastic. a bit of a chore to get each disc out and then back in, but still a totally gorgeous package for a really gorgeous score.

Amaro
09-02-2013, 03:10 PM
eerie "chimes" (must be an actual instrument) in Perihelion>

Prettybrokenspiral
09-02-2013, 05:56 PM
I really can't stomach Karen O's screeching on Immigrant Song. Or anything else she is involved with.

Lastentrance
09-02-2013, 08:52 PM
Is there anyway anyone could PM a link to the for your consideration version of TGWTDT soundtrack? Thanks!

SM Rollinger
09-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Is there anyway anyone could PM a link to the for your consideration version of TGWTDT soundtrack? Thanks!
Good luck!!!!

(seriously)

Amaro
09-03-2013, 10:21 AM
I really can't stomach Karen O's screeching on Immigrant Song. Or anything else she is involved with.

I thought she did the cover more than good.

Prettybrokenspiral
09-04-2013, 12:43 AM
I thought she did the cover more than good.

I've never cared for it, from the moment I heard it.

Aside from Maps and the two songs that follow it on Fever To Tell, she's never done anything for me.

onthewall2983
09-04-2013, 01:12 AM
It makes for a good soundtrack for the opening credits (and the initial teaser). I judge it more on those terms than trying to as a stand-alone piece of music.

Vertigo
09-04-2013, 02:25 AM
Karen's done some great stuff with the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. It's Blitz is one of the very best pop albums of the last decade in my opinion.

eversonpoe
09-04-2013, 02:42 AM
my fiancee and i were listening to fever to tell the other night while we were cleaning. that album always gets my blood pumping.

i quite like both karen's vocal style and writing style. i think she was the perfect choice for the cover of immigrant song.

i fell in love with the yeah yeah yeahs the first time i heard "art star" when that first EP was the only thing they had released.

gorast
09-04-2013, 06:05 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m342lhIJ7j1qa0uc2o1_500.jpg
Boy does it hurt to look at this knowing that I cancelled my order to pay off debts to my college.

Ah, what a year and a half does to priorities.

Bought this mother fucker today. Feels like a dream come true.

butter_hole
09-04-2013, 07:31 PM
Can't believe they're still available.

gorast
09-04-2013, 07:52 PM
I figured that if they were still available six months after going on sale, then it would take a very, very long time for the rest to be bought up, if ever. There's no demand any more except for people like me, of which there are likely very few.

blassster
09-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Barfed up another wallpaper for the Nexus 4's resolution the other week, if you're not a fan of phone based downscaling. The best version I have of this image is a cap from the blu-ray extras, which isn't as sharp as I like but fine for a phone. I'm still obsessed.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12965440/Dragon Tattoo stuff/rooney_mara_bloodhands_nexus4.jpg

edit: I'll have to get a pack of Nexus 5 formatted wallpapers going, soon. Even if people don't care, I'd be making them for myself anyway. Doesn't hurt to share.

gorast
09-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Was there ever a directory set up to track which GDT boxes people had, like the one set up for The Slip way back when? I remember that nin.com.au tried to do that with Ghosts and it didn't end up working.

blassster
09-09-2013, 08:40 PM
I don't think there was.

Here is the slip one for anyone that doesn't know what/where it is. (http://theslip.apocalyptech.com/index.php?action=report)

Michael_Vens
10-18-2013, 02:47 PM

...I have three different versions of this. FLAC; Lossless and Lame MP3.
which format you looking for??

Michael_Vens
10-18-2013, 02:54 PM
...has anyone made a vinyl rip of this soundtrack yet??

wizfan
10-18-2013, 08:26 PM
Out of boredom and curiosity, I analyzed the 24-96 FLAC's using the Dynamic Range Meter for Foobar2000 (http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/). I noticed that while most of the soundtrack was okay dynamic range-wise (around DR7-8), Immigrant Song and Is Your Love... are horribly crushed at DR4. Since David Fincher came up with the ideas for the covers and is listed in the liner notes as a "producer" for the two tracks, I'm guessing it was his idea to make the tracks as loud and compressed as possible - like that Ren Klyce interview where he said he was instructed by Fincher to make the club scene in The Social Network sound even louder than it already was.

botley
10-22-2013, 04:57 PM
I doubt that. He wouldn't have interfered in the mixing/mastering process when it came to the soundtrack album. More likely scenario: TR & AR pushed those tracks up simply because they have vocals and probably will more often be heard alongside other vocal-driven songs on iPod playlists etc.

dabronx7
11-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Is there anyway I could any version of this from you please I have been looking everywhere for months upon months!

Michael_Vens
11-08-2013, 07:40 PM

...i got you covered. hit me up with a PM if still interested
:)

Michael_Vens
11-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Barfed up another wallpaper for the Nexus 4's resolution the other week, if you're not a fan of phone based downscaling. The best version I have of this image is a cap from the blu-ray extras, which isn't as sharp as I like but fine for a phone. I'm still obsessed.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12965440/Dragon Tattoo stuff/rooney_mara_bloodhands_nexus4.jpg

edit: I'll have to get a pack of Nexus 5 formatted wallpapers going, soon. Even if people don't care, I'd be making them for myself anyway. Doesn't hurt to share.

cool! here is one i created for iPhone lovers a while back:

http://michael-vens.deviantart.com/art/Girl-With-Dragon-Tattoo-iPhone-Theme-275701786

Reznor2112
11-12-2013, 10:16 AM
Ok 2 things and most of you will probably laugh...

Does Hypomania sound like a predator attacking its prey? The guitars sound like two animals going back and forth. Creepy as fuck

And lastly, am I the only one that tears up whenever What if We Could? plays? (one of the saddest songs ever written???)

theimage13
01-02-2014, 07:05 AM
Had a seven hour train ride yesterday, starting in NYC. Got on at 7:15 AM (after having worked until 5:00 and not sleeping yet), and put this soundtrack on. Woke up during the first track and went "fuck, I can't even sleep through one song?"

I was in Albany.

fillow
01-02-2014, 10:19 AM
The soundtrack is awesome to read thriller books to, though. Especially on a bus/train ride.

Reznor2112
01-14-2014, 02:59 PM

Its just a stream, it's very late, but yeah its better than nothing.

http://www.sonypictures.com/soundtracks/movies/thegirlwiththedragontattooepk/

SarahConnor
01-28-2014, 01:14 PM
Out of boredom and curiosity, I analyzed the 24-96 FLAC's using the Dynamic Range Meter for Foobar2000 (http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/). I noticed that while most of the soundtrack was okay dynamic range-wise (around DR7-8), Immigrant Song and Is Your Love... are horribly crushed at DR4. Since David Fincher came up with the ideas for the covers and is listed in the liner notes as a "producer" for the two tracks, I'm guessing it was his idea to make the tracks as loud and compressed as possible - like that Ren Klyce interview where he said he was instructed by Fincher to make the club scene in The Social Network sound even louder than it already was.

Is this why 'Immigrant Song' doesn't really rock at all? Its got this textural similarity to 'Welcome Oblivion' that I can't describe, kind of a monochromatic thing that is fine, but doesn't sound like a rock band at all.

SarahConnor
01-28-2014, 01:15 PM
I'm listening to this soundtrack today.
It does an excellent job at portraying winter & features fantastic sounds.

butter_hole
01-30-2014, 05:28 AM
Its just a stream, it's very late, but yeah its better than nothing.

The 'for your consideration' CD rip is actually on What.cd, for what it's worth.

Reznor2112
01-30-2014, 09:31 AM
The 'for your consideration' CD rip is actually on What.cd, for what it's worth.

Even better.

I just won a copy of it in an auction. If it wasn't already SEALED i would just rip it and share it but I cant see myself taking the seal off. :(

millhouse
04-16-2014, 02:58 AM

Care to invite someone in please?

Otherwise, I'd be grateful as hell for a PM to a file hosting place!

millhouse
04-16-2014, 02:58 AM
Even better.

I just won a copy of it in an auction. If it wasn't already SEALED i would just rip it and share it but I cant see myself taking the seal off. :(

#totesjelly

millhouse
04-16-2014, 09:13 PM
Does anyone have a really nice high resolution scan of the FYC release?

sheepdean
07-06-2014, 07:59 AM
I wonder if the vinyl being available in the store means nullco.com won't be the store for GG, or if it's just no one bought it so they're making it more obvious
http://store.nin.com/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=279
(btw, if you have $300 spare, you should totally buy it and send it to me)

ophelia_
07-06-2014, 08:24 PM
What the crap... I tried to buy that vinyl off nullco.com a year or so ago and it said it was fully sold... Ended up paying around $350 + postage from discogs.

eversonpoe
07-07-2014, 08:47 AM
i can't find my fucking razorblade USB. i have the chain, but i have no idea where the drive is. no me gusta.

True Fallacy
07-13-2014, 05:39 PM
I'm going to be listening to this again soon... It's been a while.

sheepdean
09-12-2014, 08:13 PM
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/david-fincher-apparently-thinks-dragon-tattoo-sequel-the-girl-who-played-with-fire-could-get-made-20140911

the next film looks possible again

onthewall2983
09-12-2014, 08:27 PM
I'll believe it when my ass hits the theater seat, but it's nice to know that Fincher's not given up on it completely.

butter_hole
01-26-2015, 11:49 PM
does anyone have that post someone did that pointed out where in the movie each track was?

onthewall2983
02-09-2015, 10:42 PM
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/amy-pascals-exit-could-affect-sonys-spider-man-franchise-dragon-tattoo-1201425102/

:(

Substance242
03-07-2015, 09:32 AM
I had a long drive yesterday, but it was OK also thanks to new "Trentticus" (idea from someone on ETS) USB music folder with my selection of tracks from their three movies. And I write in this thread because now I know which one is the best... go figure. :-) The wintery fragile breakable snowflakes, sounds used generally, few weird time signatures I think, lots of distant pianos, secret open spaces... Or for example Aphelion, how on earth can a sound carry so deep images of Sun, universe, even without knowing what that word means...

All are good, but TGWTDT is #1 for me. :-)

Vic
03-08-2015, 12:57 PM
This is from a couple of weeks ago, but I see that it hasn't been posted:

http://www.slashfilm.com/dragon-tattoo-sequel/

Rooney Mara thinks that the sequels are dead. :(

Maybe with the changes in Sony there will be a different situation, but I don't know, Fincher seems to be quite busy in the next months/years with tv projects and movies (Utopia, Strangers, etc), and I doubt that TR/AR would write the soundtrack if someone else was picked to direct the sequels.

I wish the whole team completed the trilogy (or tetralogy, since I read that Sony was going to buy the rights for another book that was written before the swedish author died), I liked Fincher's version better than the swedish film, and I've not seen the swedish sequels but I've read that they are not very good and were planned as direct-to-tv films that were also expanded and used as a tv series, with a much lower quality than the first one, also some people say that the books were not very good either, didn't read them, but Fincher was supposedly working with a script that changed a lot of things from the books, so I would love to see his vision of the sequels, but many years since the first movie will have passed once he has finished his other projects, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony hired a different director/team for the sequels if they are ever done. :(

onthewall2983
03-08-2015, 01:43 PM
It's the changes at Sony that probably makes her think they won't happen. It seems whenever new people like Rothman are brought in, they clear out the ranks of what was before as much as possible. Sad, because Fincher being a part of a franchise he can have a more active role in would have been great to see.

I think the best anyone can hope for is another studio picking up where Sony will leave off if it's ever official that they don't have the rights to the books anymore.

Copy_of_an_Echo
04-04-2015, 07:07 PM
In the song, Hidden in Snow, what instrument is responsible for the metallic string sound?

botley
04-09-2015, 10:37 PM
In the song, Hidden in Snow, what instrument is responsible for the metallic string sound?
Sounds like a piano, but with stuff shoved in between the strings to make them rattle when struck.

eversonpoe
04-10-2015, 08:48 AM
Sounds like a piano, but with stuff shoved in between the strings to make them rattle when struck.

that would be a prepared piano ;)
i've always thought there should be a better term for modifying an instrument in such a way. "prepared" doesn't seem specific enough.

side note: my guitar teacher in high school taught me about "prepared guitar" and several times we put tape or pencils on or between our strings and just make noise for the hour of my lesson.

botley
04-11-2015, 09:34 AM
Technically it's samples of a prepared piano, but only the dorkiest art music geek nerds would want a seperate category for "real" prepared piano performances where the texture changes live as the piano's string modifiers get bumped and knocked around.

Copy_of_an_Echo
04-12-2015, 05:46 PM
that would be a prepared piano ;)
i've always thought there should be a better term for modifying an instrument in such a way. "prepared" doesn't seem specific enough.

side note: my guitar teacher in high school taught me about "prepared guitar" and several times we put tape or pencils on or between our strings and just make noise for the hour of my lesson.

Maybe it is a prepared piano. I think he used one for the song Leaving Hope too.

Copy_of_an_Echo
04-12-2015, 07:09 PM
It's interesting to see Trent's facebook post on Gone Girl, saying that "this looks like our best work yet." He's probably right, but to my ears, I think I am probably more impressed by TGWTDT. I'm just trying to absorb it right now with a good pair of monitor headphones and I'm always blown away by these guys.

Just finished listening to the song, "One Particular Moment" and I am really impressed by the subtlety in all the sounds, especially the bass. It starts off hardly even there, just a rumble, a feeling. That's kool. This is music heard in dreams to me.

Copy_of_an_Echo
04-19-2015, 11:30 PM
It's interesting to see Trent's facebook post on Gone Girl, saying that "this looks like our best work yet." He's probably right, but to my ears, I think I am probably more impressed by TGWTDT. I'm just trying to absorb it right now with a good pair of monitor headphones and I'm always blown away by these guys.

Just finished listening to the song, "One Particular Moment" and I am really impressed by the subtlety in all the sounds, especially the bass. It starts off hardly even there, just a rumble, a feeling. That's kool. This is music heard in dreams to me.

I love how these guys make sounds just appear from nothing. They catch you by surprise.

fillow
05-15-2015, 04:30 AM
Sorry of already answered before...
Ninwiki page for this soundtrack has this in FYC tracklisting:

"Blomkvist Meets Martin" - Unknown, possibly unique to sampler

Is it really the case?

sheepdean
05-15-2015, 06:09 AM
Sorry of already answered before...
Ninwiki page for this soundtrack has this in FYC tracklisting:

"Blomkvist Meets Martin" - Unknown, possibly unique to sampler

Is it really the case?
The difficulty with telling the difference is that some tracks could be really heavily remixed into one form or the other, and if it's a piece based on a sample and the sample is removed, well it's very estranged from the original. But to my ears, yeah, it's unique.

fillow
05-15-2015, 07:25 AM
Can it be heard anywhere? The link in ninwiki article doesn't seem to be working

Reznor2112
06-08-2015, 10:24 AM
Can it be heard anywhere? The link in ninwiki article doesn't seem to be working

fillow
06-08-2015, 11:03 AM
Yeah, it's too inconclusive... My best guess would be Aphelion, due to all the wind sounds, but without so much as a single 'musical' note, it's impossible to tell.

RocketScience
06-08-2015, 04:34 PM
Aphelion is definitely it.

Reznor2112
06-19-2015, 12:07 PM
Looking to trade my MINT The Social Network and MINT The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo FYC CDs, both still SEALED, for a copy of The Social Network on vinyl.

EDIT: Or...if anyone is willing to just sell the TSN vinyl outright let me know.

Posted in multiple threads due to relevant items

WorzelG
07-22-2015, 02:55 AM
Absolutely loving 'another way of caring' right now

WorzelG
08-23-2015, 01:57 AM
How did I miss how amazing Great Bird of Prey is?

Copy_of_an_Echo
03-06-2016, 05:20 AM
Was the score for The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo ever released in surround sound? Also, where can I find the link where I can download the surround sound NIN mixes?

sheepdean
03-06-2016, 02:24 PM
Was the score for The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo ever released in surround sound? Also, where can I find the link where I can download the surround sound NIN mixes?
Nope. It was released in high def though, only as part of the $300 package

Copy_of_an_Echo
03-07-2016, 03:22 AM
Nope. It was released in high def though, only as part of the $300 package

Holy $300 package eh... Strange though.. I really don't see how you can get anymore high def than FLAC or high quality MP3 files...

Also, what did the $300 package include?

ninjaw
03-07-2016, 04:45 AM
Holy $300 package eh... Strange though.. I really don't see how you can get anymore high def than FLAC or high quality MP3 files...

Also, what did the $300 package include?

The world started HiDef music files a loonnngggg time ago, this has nothing to do with flac, and... of course not mp3. Here's the link to the limited edition http://www.nin.wiki/The_Girl_With_The_Dragon_Tattoo_Soundtrack#Limited _Edition_Release

Copy_of_an_Echo
03-14-2016, 07:30 AM
The world started HiDef music files a loonnngggg time ago, this has nothing to do with flac, and... of course not mp3. Here's the link to the limited edition http://www.nin.wiki/The_Girl_With_The_Dragon_Tattoo_Soundtrack#Limited _Edition_Release

How is it possible to make something that was recorded well and exported transparently better than it was originally...? And thank you for the link.

sheepdean
03-14-2016, 06:23 PM
How is it possible to make something that was recorded well and exported transparently better than it was originally...? And thank you for the link.
CD is an imperfect format (as are all formats of course), and the digital files are superior to that on the standard CD release. It's a real shame it's $300 version exclusive

Copy_of_an_Echo
03-15-2016, 03:05 AM
CD is an imperfect format (as are all formats of course), and the digital files are superior to that on the standard CD release. It's a real shame it's $300 version exclusive

I know CD's and MP3's aren't technically perfect, but how can you beat FLAC? You telling me you get these special .Hdef files lol? What's the extension for high def files anyway?

chuenthez
03-15-2016, 04:31 AM
They can be .FLAC too, or .WAV or any lossless format. Only depends on the source.

CD quality means the analog signal has been sampled at 44.1kHz (44.100 times per second) and a bit depth of 16 bits.
HD files means that their quality is superior, on the frequency of sampling, and/or the bit depth.
In the case of files provided on the pendrive with TGWTDT special edition, it is sampled at 96kHz, and, I guess on 24 bits. So a better quality than CD format.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_(signal_processing)

ninjaw
03-15-2016, 07:02 AM

I know CD's and MP3's aren't technically perfect, but how can you beat FLAC? You telling me you get these special .Hdef files lol? What's the extension for high def files anyway?

Maybe you should read wikis about the years of technology you missed. Again, this has nothing to do with file format and or file extension. If you want an answer to that : Hidef sound is mostly given by trent in Flac, but also Wav and glorious (lol) ALAC. It also started on some depeche mode dvd I saw in the Dolby Digital Classic format, but it's quite rare.

Better than it was ? What the hell are you meaning ? It has been recorded obviously in HiDef, and degraded for your old silver spinning format you love. Can I remind you that Bluray is also in Hidef sound ?

So you cannot beat flac, even in hidef because flas is hidef. But you can beat fucking CDs, they look cool but sound is digitally cut into bits, it's all about bits. They said before that 16/44 (or 16/48 that fucking dont change anything) was enough to lure human ear, then vinyl people came around and said that vinyl were far more "warm". Ok then what about giving more than twice more bits for the same sound ? will we then have that unfamous warm sound ?

Hidef is 24/96 some NIN releases are just 24/48, remember that Mhz or Bits share the same idea : give more bits for the sound. So the sound will be more close to the real sound.

Now it only work if you're mastering them in 24/96 Trent is very carefull with that, remember that he repaired The Slip download when someone complained it was false 24bit sounds. Or... you can remake old stuff like TDS, if you take analogue rushs to remasterize them again on a modern machine, because analog sound is not cut into bits, that's the same idea behind bluray and old movies, and that's what Trent did when he released TDS into 24/48

eversonpoe
03-15-2016, 09:39 AM
Hidef is 24/96 some NIN releases are just 24/48, remember that Mhz or Bits share the same idea : give more bits for the sound.

that's not entirely accurate.

increased Bit Depth increases the dynamic range. so that means quieter parts have the ability to be quieter and loud parts have the ability to be louder.
increased Sample Rate changes the range of frequencies that can be heard. most peoples ears can't hear below 20Hz and above 20kHz (44.1kHz sample rate means the highest frequency heard is 22.05kHz, 48kHz means the highest frequency heard is 24kHz, etc.) so it's all just icing on the cake.

botley
03-17-2016, 09:09 AM
If the artist and engineers master it properly, there's very very little difference between 16bit and 24bit for music, not enough to hear in most listening environments, but that's not always the case. Some music benefits greatly from the extra sample depth in a quiet room equipped with high-end playback gear. I think the rate it's sampled at only improves things if the playback gear you're using takes advantage of it. Most modern hi-fi systems upsample everything to 96kHz or better anyhow, and the benefit of avoiding that step down to 44.1 is really tiny, again providing that it was done properly. For most modern music, I'd say it is of little or no benefit for the consumer, especially given where and on what systems people are listening.

Trent and Atticus master their albums with wide dynamic range, but for the loud aggressive stuff they use a lot of hard limiting in the mix as part of the creative effect, which is something that generally makes people who defend high-def digital turn their noses up at for being "undynamic". Clearly TR and AR feel it is still of some benefit to deliver this in high-def, or they wouldn't offer it.

Much like the killer in the Dragon Tattoo film, if you are one of those who have gone to the lengths of investing in a sealed basement hi-fi clean room, complete with torture chamber and Enya reel-to-reel, $300 for a little more software to play back on it isn't too much.

BenAkenobi
03-17-2016, 01:59 PM
Re: warm sound

I know it's totally subjective but when i compared cd and hi-res, the latter felt "colder".
That may be because our brain isn't doing that extra bit of work subconsciously reconstructing missing details (or filtering out tape or needle noise) when dealing with higher resolution.

botley
03-17-2016, 06:49 PM
Re: warm sound

I know it's totally subjective but when i compared cd and hi-res, the latter felt "colder".
That may be because our brain isn't doing that extra bit of work subconsciously reconstructing missing details (or filtering out tape or needle noise) when dealing with higher resolution.

Or it may be your gear. If your system has to do extra processing "work" to play back the higher bit depth and has more sampled information than it can reproduce as audible sound, it may be unable to do it as smoothly as with standard resolution of the same thing. Any number of problems in the chain, from digital to analogue conversion all the way to the cones of your speakers, can be tripped up by hi-def if it's only designed to play standard resolution digital.

BenAkenobi
03-18-2016, 08:57 AM
I'm not talking about gear, I should clarify about "colder" then. Colder without negative meaning!
See, when you take raw photo you have high resolution and with it you have optical imperfections and little details that aren't essential to the subject of the picture. That's "colder", then when you do some cropping, touch-ups and level correction it becomes "warmer".
In audio processing that same principle is defined by "dry" and "wet" words, right? Will you disagree that higher resolution gets you closer to "dry" (or "cold") signal?
In our case (in music with electronic elements) "artistic value" and our enjoyment of the sound is often related to how artificial it is (in other genres sometimes it's the opposite: how clean, natural and untainted). So, warmer (wetter) means more processed and distorted whereas hi-res recording gets us further from desired effect.
In conclusion, hi-res is not a straight road to "warm" music :)

botley
03-19-2016, 07:14 PM
If that's what they sound like to you, then that's great. I'm saying for most people it's probably not worth the extra premium cost.

Copy_of_an_Echo
03-27-2016, 04:06 AM
Maybe you should read wikis about the years of technology you missed. Again, this has nothing to do with file format and or file extension. If you want an answer to that : Hidef sound is mostly given by trent in Flac, but also Wav and glorious (lol) ALAC. It also started on some depeche mode dvd I saw in the Dolby Digital Classic format, but it's quite rare.

Better than it was ? What the hell are you meaning ? It has been recorded obviously in HiDef, and degraded for your old silver spinning format you love. Can I remind you that Bluray is also in Hidef sound ?

So you cannot beat flac, even in hidef because flas is hidef. But you can beat fucking CDs, they look cool but sound is digitally cut into bits, it's all about bits. They said before that 16/44 (or 16/48 that fucking dont change anything) was enough to lure human ear, then vinyl people came around and said that vinyl were far more "warm". Ok then what about giving more than twice more bits for the same sound ? will we then have that unfamous warm sound ?

Hidef is 24/96 some NIN releases are just 24/48, remember that Mhz or Bits share the same idea : give more bits for the sound. So the sound will be more close to the real sound.

Now it only work if you're mastering them in 24/96 Trent is very carefull with that, remember that he repaired The Slip download when someone complained it was false 24bit sounds. Or... you can remake old stuff like TDS, if you take analogue rushs to remasterize them again on a modern machine, because analog sound is not cut into bits, that's the same idea behind bluray and old movies, and that's what Trent did when he released TDS into 24/48

No need to get grumpy here, but I see now that the file formats don't have a whole lot to do with it. That did clear things up on the FLAC part too.

Jon
04-05-2016, 07:11 PM
Was it ever mentioned that the CD-Text for Disc 1 lists the artist for "Immigrant Song" as "Karen O with Trent Reznor "? (space is present)

http://i67.tinypic.com/29zyl9g.jpg

eversonpoe
04-05-2016, 09:43 PM
Was it ever mentioned that the CD-Text for Disc 1 lists the artist for "Immigrant Song" as "Karen O with Trent Reznor "? (space is present)

http://i67.tinypic.com/29zyl9g.jpg

the digital lists it as "Karen O with Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross" so i think it's a matter of the CD text character limit, and they just didn't bother deleting the space that would normally be present between trent + atticus' names.

Jon
04-05-2016, 11:32 PM
the digital lists it as "Karen O with Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross" so i think it's a matter of the CD text character limit, and they just didn't bother deleting the space that would normally be present between trent + atticus' names.

That's what I was thinking as well.

Just a little "who cares?" I noticed while re-ripping CD's.

wizfan
04-17-2016, 03:55 PM
I listened to the FYC promo, in the movie's chronological order as opposed to that of the FYC CDs. The URL's below feature both the CD track listing and the chronological track listing, as well as the differences in track titles:
ninwiki (http://www.nin.wiki/The_Girl_With_The_Dragon_Tattoo_Soundtrack#Award_S how_Sampler)
wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Girl_with_the_Dragon_Tattoo_%28soundtrack%29#A ward_FYC_album)

Though the FYC may have some abrupt song endings and some tracks repeated with slightly different instrumentation or editing, it had a strong impact on me; and I've listened to the regular three-hour version countless times. Just like the movie itself, it ends with "Heartbreak" (What If We Could?) and it felt like a stronger way to finish the album than the noisy crescendo at the end of Of Secrets. Immigrant Song and IYLSE are not on the FYC. I wish their film mixes were in there as well, but, still, even if I've played every track from the official CDs so many times that I'm sick of them, the FYC helped me appreciate it even more. Those subtle differences are key.

I've seen the film only once, in the cinema, and the beepings and buzzings of "Infiltrator" around the theater made me cry, since Trent had tweeted that a surround version would not be available like TSN was (his response to "why?" was "Long story...").

I'm eagerly waiting for the FYC of Gone Girl to surface. We almost had it... *grumble*

Leviathant
04-17-2016, 08:41 PM
I'm eagerly waiting for the FYC of Gone Girl to surface. We almost had it... *grumble*

...soon...

joplinpicasso
04-19-2016, 12:42 PM
This album has surpassed its own usage in the film for me. Starting this soundtrack from start to finish is always an event, much like watching 2001 in its entirety or something. Very emotional journey.

Ryan
04-22-2016, 06:56 AM
...soon...

Like how soon?

Leviathant
04-22-2016, 12:51 PM
Like how soon?

I'll quit it with being cryptic - we've got a rip now, it's just a matter of putting it in a place y'all can grab it from, once there's some free time. You'll have it this year for sure. I'm not going to get any more granular with my promises than that, though.