PDA

View Full Version : The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

ObviousParadox
12-09-2011, 12:05 AM
Still getting the error from iTunes. Anyone get it successfully, or am I looking at repurchasing?

kolby386
12-09-2011, 12:05 AM
I've noticed from figuring out BPM for tracks etc that the versions on the iTunes Edition are different from the digital sampler, which is different from the nullco.com version, which will be different from the CD/USB/Vinyl versions (and this is just tempo).

So far I've noticed these differences between editions:
• Track times vary slightly (anywhere from .01 of a second to 2 secs)
• Assumed average bitrate for iTunes version (although available in 256) is different from nullco.com lossless version
• Tempo differences (as slight as .01 BPM to 1 BPM)

Okay, I see what you're saying now. As far as the tempo thing goes, though, that seems to be more of an issue with the process of tempo detection between each format. After all, the waveforms are different across all of the available formats, if only slightly.

Malechite
12-09-2011, 12:06 AM
That guy pisses me off. ;)

Oh geeze. :p

Amphiseum
12-09-2011, 12:08 AM
I suppose, potentially, the iTunes edition could be different than the NullCo download. It is supposedly mastered for iTunes.

NINisamazing
12-09-2011, 12:09 AM
Has anyone still not received their preorder link from topspin?

kolby386
12-09-2011, 12:09 AM
I suppose, potentially, the iTunes edition could be different than the NullCo download. It is supposedly mastered for iTunes.

mastered for iTunes.

Say WHAT, now? I hope that this isn't true.

NIN64
12-09-2011, 12:10 AM

I still haven't. Getting sad.

joplinpicasso
12-09-2011, 12:11 AM
Same with me.

sick among the pure
Finally got my download a minute ago, just finished downloading/opening. Now to decide what gets taken off my iPod.

KamioKachu

I am still waiting. I'm gonna smash my F5 key.

Amphiseum
12-09-2011, 12:13 AM
Say WHAT, now? I hope that this isn't true.

As in, the iTunes edition is mastered to sound good in AAC. RHCP did this for their new album as well.

When the worlds of Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross last collided, it was on the Oscar Award-winning soundtrack forThe Social Network. The dystopian duo return with another score to a David Fincher-directed film, this time for the global phenomenon that is The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo The album is Mastered for iTunes.

NINisamazing
Yeah, topspin is probably one giant clusterfuck right now.

NIN64
I am still waiting. I'm gonna smash my F5 key.

I'm gonna smash a knife into the side of my neck. . .

kolby386

I haven't. It's almost two hours late now. I'm starting to get a little peeved.

kolby386
12-09-2011, 12:15 AM
As in, the iTunes edition is mastered to sound good in AAC. RHCP did this for their new album as well.
So there is a separate mastering job for the iTunes version? Well that's...something, I guess. For some reason, I find it hard to believe that TR would have anything to do with that.

|mando|
12-09-2011, 12:31 AM
So there is a separate mastering job for the iTunes version? Well that's...something, I guess. For some reason, I find it hard to believe that TR would have anything to do with that.

Apple: Hey Trent, could you make this soundtrack sound good in digital lossy?
TR: Well, regardless, it should sound good in all of our digital forma--
Apple: GREAT! It's officially "mastered for iTunes"!

;P

richardp
12-09-2011, 12:34 AM
I got my download right at 11 pm central time. Took twenty minutes to download, and I'm currently elbow deep in this album. I started off with the HTDA track, and holy fuck. It's beautiful.

FULLMETAL
12-09-2011, 12:36 AM
My FLAC download e-mail came in at roughly 12:20am. Quick download, but I'm curious about the artwork. The files have been tagged and there's a PDF booklet - but shouldn't this pull up the iTunes art or perhaps there should be an embedded file in the archive? Not that it matters since I plan to wait until after the film to really delve into the soundtrack. I did peep a bit of Is Your Love Strong Enough and I'm totally down!

Jon
12-09-2011, 12:37 AM
i find that disturbing and upsetting. why would the BPM differ? file conversion shouldn't affect something like that.

erm... I was mostly referring to Immigrant Song and the different "versions" that have appeared of it over the course of 9(?) months.

there's also, like I mentioned differences between the digital sampler versions and the "final" product versions we got tonight.

i'm not suggesting there's any sort of voodoo or i have no clue what people are thinking, simply that the soundtrack is/was a work-in-progress sonically...

Edit: ...and that is reflected in file sizes, tempo, track length, etc.
Edit 2: and as far as differences in tempo because of file format they were all tested in wav, although the source was of course different

arachnophilia
12-09-2011, 12:38 AM
i find that disturbing and upsetting. why would the BPM differ? file conversion shouldn't affect something like that.

i don't know what's going on with the files, but vinyl will almost always vary a little bit unless you have a linear-tracking turntable. the reason is that the tonearm draws an arc across the surface, whereas the cutting lathe travels straight across the radius.

Pretty much everyone who isn't an audiophile can't tell the difference. Even 'audiophiles' succumb to the placebo effect as well. 320 may be worse than FLAC, but saying it's "awful" is just being a snob.

i think he's saying it's a silly half measure, with no real bonus over, say, 192, but with filesizes closer to lossless. personally, i listen to the music, not the stereo. i generally can't tell the difference between 192 and anything else better.

NINisamazing
12-09-2011, 12:39 AM
Yeah, somethings f**cked.

|mando|
12-09-2011, 12:40 AM
"Is Your Love Strong Enough?" is FANTASTIC. Completely builds up my need for a new HTDA release.

serotoninXxX
12-09-2011, 12:40 AM
Still haven't gotten mine...

Dizzordr
12-09-2011, 12:42 AM
Me either. :(

NIN64
12-09-2011, 12:43 AM
No download here. . .

Sent an email to topspin. Got an automated response saying that their offices are closed. . .

Ichiro
12-09-2011, 12:43 AM
Yay, it finally works for me

NINisamazing
12-09-2011, 12:45 AM
No dice for me...

KamioKachu
12-09-2011, 12:46 AM
No download here. . .

Sent an email to topspin. Got an automated response saying that their offices are closed. . .

Same here. I'm gonna go to Topspin offices and leave no one alive.

NINisamazing
12-09-2011, 12:46 AM
No download here. . .

I was tempted to tweet TR or the NIN twitter. But decided it was pretty pointless. Considering a) I would be one out of a thousand. B.) wtf can they really do?

NIN64
12-09-2011, 12:48 AM
The more I think about it; the same thing happened last year with The Social Network soundtrack. . .

dzaver
12-09-2011, 12:49 AM
I got the download link half an hour before the time it was supposed to be released ;) yay! They felt bad beacause they mixed my orders...

shagg_187
12-09-2011, 12:50 AM
The more I think about it; the same thing happened last year with The Social Network soundtrack. . .

Yep. Either that or they are administrating local time. Anyone with EST having problem?

NIN64
12-09-2011, 12:50 AM
Yep. Either that or they are administrating local time. Anyone with EST having problem?

I'm EST here.

NINisamazing
12-09-2011, 12:51 AM
I live in New York State. No download.

Harry Seaward
12-09-2011, 12:52 AM
Topspin has shit the bed. What has shit the bed.

Has the whole world gone crazy?!

brokensanity
Finally went active for me. (Preordered the CD.)

Jinsai
i find that disturbing and upsetting. why would the BPM differ? file conversion shouldn't affect something like that. The most likely conclusion here is that someone is incorrectly determining the bpm based upon a slight audio gap either at the beginning or end of the file. It's highly unlikely that there's an actual BPM difference between the Nullco and iTunes version, and if there is, that's incredibly weird... and all the more unlikely given that this conclusion is surfacing within 30 minutes of the Nullco release... this is all happening while some people are still trying to even download their version? I'm going to presume this is ridiculous.

I think some people are jumping at shadows. It's a really long album... I suggest listening to it before hurrying to compare BPM speed between various different versions of the release. Even if you turn out to be right, you'll come across as a little insane and obsessive to have discovered that little bit of minutia so quickly.

Alpha 60
12-09-2011, 12:53 AM
12:50 central time, no download. Not really upset, just tired.

NIN64
12-09-2011, 12:55 AM
I'm also just more tired than anything. Also in the future I think I'll say no to topspin. . .

Jon
12-09-2011, 12:56 AM
The most likely conclusion here is that someone is incorrectly determining the bpm based upon a slight audio gap either at the beginning or end of the file. It's highly unlikely that there's an actual BPM difference between the Nullco and iTunes version, and if there is, that's incredibly weird... and all the more unlikely given that this conclusion is surfacing within 30 minutes of the Nullco release.

I think some people are jumping at shadows. It's a really long album... I suggest listening to it before rapidly comparing BPM speed between various different versions of the release.

• there is no voodoo, like i posted before... no secret omg arg or anything like that, i'm not suggesting that.
• your first comment about bpm is more than likely the case here, however, i was just pointing out what i noticed.
• i can make these comments 30 minutes after the nullco.com version comes out because i've already done this with all the other "versions" we've gotten so far
• i can't properly listen to a 174 minute album at 1 am so i'm not even going to try; i'll chill and listen to it to later today

Harry Seaward
12-09-2011, 12:57 AM
Also in the future I think I'll say no to topspin. . .

You say that until TR's next album he releases through them.

jarrett
12-09-2011, 12:58 AM
I got mine at 10:49PM 12/8/11 CST, FLAC. 729MB download. The download took around 15-20 minutes, subject to my connection speed. I purchased it via topspin/nullco at 12:41PM 12/8/11

ltrandazzo
12-09-2011, 12:58 AM
FINALLY. "An Itch" is the song from the 3+ minute trailer. Been dying to hear this song without all of the scenes in the middle.

KamioKachu
12-09-2011, 12:59 AM
I am this close to buying the digital FLAC edition. My only concern is that I won't get the email either :P

NIN64
12-09-2011, 01:00 AM
My left index finger is bloody from hitting F5.

johnbron
12-09-2011, 01:02 AM
I can confirm that the only difference between the iTunes version and the other versions are the shitty set of white earbuds and lower bitrate.

Alpha 60
12-09-2011, 01:05 AM
Nothing is blue in this world

NIN64
12-09-2011, 01:06 AM
Nothing is blue in this world

:D Thank you. Lightened my mood a little. . .

sick among the pure
12-09-2011, 01:17 AM
My left index finger is bloody from hitting F5.

Google "reload every", save your finger forever.

KamioKachu
12-09-2011, 01:19 AM
I went to take a piss. Came back. One email. From groupon... I feel like crying.

NINisamazing
12-09-2011, 01:23 AM
I went to take a piss. Came back. One email. From groupon... I feel like crying.
Similar thing just happen to me. I had one second of hope and excitement, and was like "ohhhhhh" :(

NIN64
12-09-2011, 01:25 AM
I've already paid. This is dumb. Starting to consider finding a torrent of it at his point. They have my money either way. . .

ltrandazzo
12-09-2011, 01:27 AM

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/096/044/trollface.jpg?1296494117

KamioKachu
12-09-2011, 01:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVEsA6BSsWc

IS YOUR SERVER STRONG ENOUGH?!

Trunkjob
12-09-2011, 01:28 AM
Just downloaded mine, time to fill in the empty ID tags.

Harry Seaward
12-09-2011, 01:32 AM
I've already paid. This is dumb. Starting to consider finding a torrent of it at his point. They have my money either way. . .

Yeah, uh... Good luck with that.

KamioKachu
12-09-2011, 01:33 AM
Woah. I wrote earlier to Topspin. The answer is in.

http://clip2net.com/s/1nX4K

simonn
12-09-2011, 01:33 AM
UK 7.30 am, still nothing rec'd (ordered the CD), 2 1/2 hours late. For those who've heard some of it, apart from the Led Zep song, is it mostly piano music, or do we get some heavy too? Or even just some drone style guitar?

Jinsai
12-09-2011, 01:34 AM
I would actually like to say that I stand in defense of Topspin. This is a hiccup, and sure, it's unfortunate, but they're an incredible and forward thinking company that's moving to fill a need in the music industry. Seeing people write them off because of the server delays is a little unfortunate I think. They're an awesome company.

NIN64
12-09-2011, 01:35 AM
Woah. I wrote earlier to Topspin. The answer is in.

http://clip2net.com/s/1nX4K

I just received this same email.

Yep. DLing now. Just had to email them.

shagg_187
12-09-2011, 01:36 AM
Album surprisingly flows much much better than anything Trent/Atticus has released in the past decade (The Fragile being the last album that flowed this well). I love it when the track changes and I have to confirm if it did cause of the seamless flow. Definitely designed for Vinyl play.

peter
12-09-2011, 01:38 AM
Goddamn, this thread is a whine-fest.

OPN TOPIC:
Fucking love the sountrack. Wonder how they will fit all three hours into the film :rolleyes:

Harry Seaward
12-09-2011, 01:39 AM
Album surprisingly flows much much better than anything Trent/Atticus has released in the past decade (The Fragile being the last album that flowed this well). I love it when the track changes and I have to confirm if it did cause of the seamless flow. Definitely designed for Vinyl play.

Is every track like that? Fucking awesome, I dig the hell out of shit like that.

DigitalChaos
12-09-2011, 01:40 AM
fucking topspin. MY BUTTON IS STILL GREY FUCK YOU
http://dc.moose.cc/temp/Receipt-20111208-233233.jpg

It is officially 3 hours late.

On the positive side, I have all the pirated versions so whatever.. I DONT EVEN NEED YOU TOPSPIN.
I also think I fixed ETS from crashing and got myself some cool stickies next to my name.

and back to the negative, my kid has been projectile vomiting for the last 4 hours... but the positive is that we will probably listen to the entire album all night since nobody is gonna be getting sleep! :eek:

DigitalChaos
12-09-2011, 01:43 AM
I would actually like to say that I stand in defense of Topspin. This is a hiccup, and sure, it's unfortunate, but they're an incredible and forward thinking company that's moving to fill a need in the music industry. Seeing people write them off because of the server delays is a little unfortunate I think. They're an awesome company.
agree... mostly. They do need to get on their game in terms of the service reliability. Any part of the tech industry would consider this a failure in service. Topspin IS great and they are filling a spot that many others are absolutely failing to do. They just need to step it up a bit.

shagg_187
12-09-2011, 01:46 AM
agree... mostly. They do need to get on their game in terms of the service reliability. Any part of the tech industry would consider this a failure in service. Topspin IS great and they are filling a spot that many others are absolutely failing to do. They just need to step it up a bit.

I think what Topspin needs is a service similar to Steam or iTunes. As much as they provide the service to other Artists, I think it'll be an amazing service if it has a dedicated app to compliment the service where, like Steam, you can download the songs whenever you want. Also, where you preload the tracks and it's unlocked once the release date kicks in.

FernandoDante
12-09-2011, 01:49 AM
On the positive side, I have all the pirated versions so whatever.. I DONT EVEN NEED YOU TOPSPIN.

But What.CD's tracker is down...

NINisamazing
12-09-2011, 01:51 AM
Just emailed them, I am sure they will respond when I am sleeping.

Yeah, thanks topspin.

jarrett
12-09-2011, 01:57 AM
meh, I'm tired of running clients. I use pidgin for everything IM or IRC, and Zune/VLC for anything multimedia. The one thing napster/rhapsody is doing correctly now, is not having anything client side. It just runs in your browser. I hate even the idea of DRM anymore. It's a chore to step through the hoops to get that crap working.

The question I have is the signal to noise ratio. Is it a handful of people having problems and thousands of successes or otherwise? In the past topspin (with Trent & co) have been pretty proactive and responsive to problems. Might take a little bit to sort it out, but it gets sorted out.

I think what Topspin needs is a service similar to Steam or iTunes.

Desolate Minds
12-09-2011, 01:58 AM
Just finished the 406 mb download and extracting process, i like the .pdf that accompanied it! Also just now getting into the album now, on track three, i really like the seamless flow. Back to the email, i was hoping it would serve as a Live email, like the link would appear blue at any moment at the time of supposed activity, but had to wait for an hour, then received a new email with an update. This held the active "blue" download link. I am good with how topspin has responded in the last few years. And i am glad they work alongside the man.

KamioKachu
12-09-2011, 01:58 AM
I think what Topspin needs is a service similar to Steam or iTunes. As much as they provide the service to other Artists, I think it'll be an amazing service if it has a dedicated app to compliment the service where, like Steam, you can download the songs whenever you want. Also, where you preload the tracks and it's unlocked once the release date kicks in.

This is an extremely good idea.

I'm going to bed.

NINisamazing
12-09-2011, 02:00 AM
Apparently, their office is closed..

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

DigitalChaos
12-09-2011, 02:02 AM
make it optional and that would certainly be neat.
however, steam works well because you use it to play your games and chat with people (part of the multiplayer game experience). I certainly don't want to have my topspin app open just to PLAY the music and would have little desire to use it for chat. The only time I would ever open it is for downloading. They need to find a reason for people to keep it open.

Desolate Minds
12-09-2011, 02:04 AM
So, anyone have a favorite song yet? Or do you all just love the flow. And will give your thoughts in about 3 or so hours...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvxc40Vgo21qfd95zo1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId =AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1323505452&Signature=kmAFcYQLca5%2B4TWCVXuEtD6q%2B0o%3Dhttp://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvxc40Vgo21qfd95zo2_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId =AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1323505500&Signature=plxOtannpOXHwNojs2uVN1nrsOc%3Dhttp://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvxc40Vgo21qfd95zo5_r1_1280.png?AWSAccessKe yId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1323505523&Signature=WdhFiEsGEPr%2FzihaoZDOZKpLiFk%3Dhttp://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvxc40Vgo21qfd95zo6_r1_1280.png?AWSAccessKe yId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1323505541&Signature=vbvJoxVmBzXKY%2F%2BucsSPdq2cH64%3Dhttp://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvxc40Vgo21qfd95zo7_r1_1280.png?AWSAccessKe yId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1323505561&Signature=dS%2BrHncZajTCPQwPoI9TOSY22HM%3D

Malechite
12-09-2011, 02:04 AM
I'm loving "Infiltrator" there is some great 8-bit video game type stuff going on in it, while managing to be creepy and unsettling at the same time

Jon
12-09-2011, 02:05 AM
I can confirm that the only difference between the iTunes version and the other versions are the shitty set of white earbuds and lower bitrate.

not true, good sir! I'll make a technical thread for those that really care over the next few days with bitrate, track times, etc.

DigitalChaos
12-09-2011, 02:05 AM
But *****'s tracker is down...

sucks for anyone trying to hop on. I am seeing 80+ people that are active in the swarm and my upload is saturated. I am sure this will end up replicating out to the other trackers though.

DigitalChaos
12-09-2011, 02:12 AM
I really need to listen to this for a few days before I could answer honestly. One time through is just nowhere near enough time to digest. However, right off the bat I am liking the sounds of:
A Thousand Details
Infiltrator
Cut Into Pieces
Great Bird of Prey
A Viable Construct

I suspect my opinion will change a bit after seeing the movie too.

serotoninXxX
12-09-2011, 02:17 AM
I emailed Topspin, and some beautiful man named Brian Wiley replied with the most beautiful time sensitive link I have ever seen, in 5 minutes this is go.

Harry Seaward
12-09-2011, 02:18 AM
Finally found a fucking link. Now I just wait an hour and a half for it to finish.

T33th
12-09-2011, 02:30 AM
Finally found a fucking link. Now I just wait an hour and a half for it to finish.

I have been searching the internet high and low for one.

Jon
12-09-2011, 02:30 AM
So, anyone have a favorite song yet? Or do you all just love the flow. And will give your thoughts in about 3 or so hours...

early favorites just scrolling through a few i've wanted to hear:

• Perihelion = this track reminds me of corona radiata, especially when you take the meaning (http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perihelion) into account
• Aphelion
• Millenia > We Could Wait Forever = my favorite at the moment
• still liking Oraculum
• Is Your Love Strong Enough? is pretty catchy

Harry Seaward
12-09-2011, 02:31 AM
I have been searching the internet high and low for one.

I'd suggest looking on 4chan's Music board, /mu/. Can't give you the exact link, but it's not hard to find.

howdidislipinto
12-09-2011, 02:31 AM
Just starting my listen to the Apple Lossless version. Like everyone, I fucking love the transitions so far. This is incredibly exciting. I've tried to avoid Comes Forth In The Thaw as much as possible, and only gave the sampler a couple of cursory listens. Makes some of these tracks seem vaguely familiar, but still new and exciting.

Fun fun fun. I can't wait till everyone gets their downloads so this thread transforms into all reactions.

leo3375
12-09-2011, 02:59 AM
What's that smell? I know!

http://viewsaskew.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/oscar-statue.jpg

Amphiseum
12-09-2011, 03:16 AM
The end of Great Bird of Prey caused me to piss myself.

oldschool
12-09-2011, 03:22 AM
I was tempted to tweet TR or the NIN twitter. But decided it was pretty pointless. Considering a) I would be one out of a thousand. B.) wtf can they really do?

Topspin has been doing a really good job responding to people on twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/topspinmedia).

A earlier tweet said they'd go into the night to help people out. Last tweet was almost an hour ago so who knows if they are done for the night.

Kamelion
12-09-2011, 03:23 AM
Mine is downloading now! Great to wake up to some new Trent!!

Jinsai
12-09-2011, 03:25 AM
Okay. Just to be sure I'm not That Guy—because we all hate That Guy—I have finished an hour-long excavation of this thread and found no answer to my question. So I shall now ask it, hoping that, even if there is no answer, I will not be bitch-slapped by people screaming "read the fucking thread."

Do we know if a non-deluxe package, vinyl-only release is coming at some point in the future, or is the six-LP set now and forever exclusively available as a part of the deluxe set? I only buy vinyl, but if vinyl is not going to be coming out, I'll shell out for FLAC.

Unless things change, the vinyl release is exclusive to the deluxe edition. Additionally, it would seem the majority of the justified cost of the deluxe version is the six vinyl set. I'm betting there will not be a regular vinyl release.

Henrie_Schnee
12-09-2011, 03:30 AM
This is MY KIND OF DAY: A new Reznor record in the morning, a Rammstein concert in the evening... life is beautiful.

[now listening for the very first time]

Harry Seaward
12-09-2011, 03:36 AM
Unless things change, the vinyl release is exclusive to the deluxe edition. Additionally, it would seem the majority of the justified cost of the deluxe version is the six vinyl set. I'm betting there will not be a regular vinyl release.

I think the majority of the cost of the deluxe version is probably the signatures.

Jon
12-09-2011, 03:54 AM

What do you think are the chances of a vinyl over in the UK with it being released by Mute?

Edit: I'd be very surprised if there wasn't at least a promo vinyl from some country

Emil Dorbell
12-09-2011, 03:59 AM
Damnit, left my good headphones at home. Now I'll have to premiere this album on my iPhone buds :p
Still on song two, so nothing new yet. I guess I should visit this thread again in a few hours when people start discussing the tracks.

witte
12-09-2011, 04:11 AM
This is MY KIND OF DAY: A new Reznor record in the morning, a Rammstein concert in the evening... life is beautiful.

[now listening for the very first time]

a climax versus an anti-climax ;)

littlemonkey613
12-09-2011, 04:27 AM
A Thousand Details. ZOMGG

Emil Dorbell
12-09-2011, 04:32 AM
You've heard it already but What if we could? is so damn beautiful. That's an Oscar winning track right there.

Anybody else getting Silent Hill vibes from a lot of these?

Totally
12-09-2011, 04:54 AM
instant eargasm. just touching the 2nd track

Zipfinator
12-09-2011, 04:55 AM
Hmmm... My .rar file of the HD download has strange dates on all of the files for when they were last edited ranging from 1980 to 2039. Perhaps the beginning of a new ARG? Or just files being dingles and me over thinking it.

Emil Dorbell
12-09-2011, 05:36 AM
I've been listening to this for what seems like forever, and I'm only halfway through. So far it ranges from "amazing" through "beautiful" to "background music". All of it is good though.

theimage13
12-09-2011, 06:16 AM
Still nothing from iTunes. I've been charged $22.99 (????) from my gift card balance, but the only order that appears in my account is for a $.99 copy of Immigrant Song - despite having very clearly clicked on the album pre-order link, and not a single track. Nothing but automated replies from Apple reports. Any ideas?

Jinsai
12-09-2011, 06:18 AM
What do you think are the chances of a vinyl over in the UK with it being released by Mute?

Edit: I'd be very surprised if there wasn't at least a promo vinyl from some country

Considering that the vinyl version is six discs long, I would assume they're not going to cut a separate and incredibly limited run for promotional purposes... You take the promo copies out of the stock from a regular pressing for a vinyl version, especially if it's an incredibly long release like this.

Who knows... it could happen. It doesn't seem likely imo, but they might do it.

I think the majority of the cost of the deluxe version is probably the signatures.

That might be a large part of the incentive for people to buy it, but it doesn't cost Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross anything to sign the copies. If you're going to release a large and extensive vinyl package, it's costly to produce it, and you need to recoup those costs. Has the deluxe edition even sold out yet?

It's all speculation, but I'd be shocked if they were to announce a cheaper vinyl release before the deluxe copies have even sold out.

Horican
12-09-2011, 06:19 AM
some interesting things in the liner notes:
-Is Your Love Strong Enough and Immigrant Song were produced by David Fincher? WTF? didn't know he was a musical sort of dude
-Mariqueen has vocals on some tracks
-They thank 42 entertainment in there. that's pretty much a confirmation that they are behind the viral marketing/arg for this movie, isn't it?
-They also thank "David Byrnes" in there. I really hope that's a typo and they meant David Byrne

Jon
12-09-2011, 06:21 AM
Considering that the vinyl version is six discs long, I would assume they're not going to cut a separate and incredibly limited run for promotional purposes... You take the promo copies out of the stock from a regular pressing for a vinyl version, especially if it's an incredibly long release like this.

Who knows... it could happen. It doesn't seem likely imo, but they might do it.

using Ghosts I-IV as a reference, most of the foreign promos were 1 CD instead of 2... it would be neat to have, say, a 2-3 Vinyl version of TGWTDT

EDIT: also, 6-Vinyl is good for a nice audiophile, limited deluxe box set, but 2-3 Vinyl is more than enough for promo purposes.

simonn
12-09-2011, 06:46 AM
I'll repeat my question as no-ones answered it, and obviously some of you have now heard it (Bastards!!!):-

Apart from the Led Zep song, is it mostly piano music, or do we get some heavy too? Or even just some drone style guitar?

jhulud
12-09-2011, 06:52 AM
I have no real comments or thoughts to contribute that haven't already been said by others. Great soundtrack. Simple as that.

Uneven Stephen
12-09-2011, 07:01 AM
Goddamn, I wish I could download this. Anyone else having this problem? I keep clicking on the download link from my receipt (from Topspin), only to read this:

Download Unavailable

Looks like the file you tried to download is currently unavailable. This could be a temporary issue, so try again in a little while. Contact Customer Support (http://app.topspin.net/account/help_public) if this problem continues.

Fuck!

Edit: Never mind. It finally worked once I clicked on "live receipt".

seasonsinthesky
12-09-2011, 07:24 AM
^ thanks for that hint, the email download link wasn't working for me either.

caturday
12-09-2011, 07:36 AM
Hmmm... My .rar file of the HD download has strange dates on all of the files for when they were last edited ranging from 1980 to 2039. Perhaps the beginning of a new ARG? Or just files being dingles and me over thinking it.

Yeah I noticed this too...

So what might the dates signify?

kdemsky
12-09-2011, 07:41 AM
The GWTDT soundtrack is simply amazing. I'm on my second listen now, and it surpasses Trent and Atticus' work on the Social Network and Ghosts. In fact, I think this could be the potential they were hoping to achieve for the Ghosts release all those years ago. This music is haunting and beautiful. I think the partnership they have struck up with David Fincher is very fortunate. The worst part is the abbreviation of Trent and Atticus to 'T&A' - it's like a bad '80s movie...

caturday
12-09-2011, 07:44 AM

Thought maybe if I converted the dates to unix timestamps (seconds since the epoch 1 Jan 1970 00:00:00) and treated those as lat/lon coords, the pairs (tracks 1/2, 3/4, ... 39/pdf) would plot to somewhere useful. Good thing I started with the last pair, since the timestamp for the pdf results in either a longitude of 183 (outside of the range of longitudinal coords) or 18.3x (in the Arctic Circle).

What else can we do?

onthewall2983
12-09-2011, 08:00 AM
Is Your Love Strong Enough and Immigrant Song were produced by David Fincher? WTF? didn't know he was a musical sort of dude

It's not odd for the director to take a producing credit on a soundtrack. Michael Mann is listed as a producer on a few of his soundtracks.

mutato
12-09-2011, 08:17 AM
My receipt email still had the download link grayed out this morning, but when I clicked on the "Live Receipt" link on the very top it took me to a topspin page where my receipt actually did have the download link blue and available. So if people are still having issues with their original receipt email try clicking that top link and see if it's live for you like it was for me.

2mins left of download for me.... twiddling thumbs...

ObviousParadox
12-09-2011, 08:18 AM
Well I'm still getting the iTunes 5002 error, don't know if anyone else is. Guess I'm buying it again here in the next bit. Damn you all for making it sound so awesome!

dzaver
12-09-2011, 08:19 AM
hmm... i have two different Oraculum songs... one of those is supposed to be Great Bird of Prey... interesting. does anyone else have this mistake?

signofthenine
12-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Q's voice sounds more mature this time around.

I agree. The destroy angels EP didn't do much for me, but her voice on Is Your Love Strong Enough has knocked my socks off...

Horican
12-09-2011, 08:35 AM
there is a difference between having a credit for producing (or usually,executive producing, like here) the soundtrack album and having a specific production credit (as in "produced by trent reznor, atticus ross and david fincher") for a specific song. the second one implies actual involvement in the musical production of the song. still, good point

ItsJustDave
12-09-2011, 08:42 AM

Thought maybe if I converted the dates to unix timestamps (seconds since the epoch 1 Jan 1970 00:00:00) and treated those as lat/lon coords, the pairs (tracks 1/2, 3/4, ... 39/pdf) would plot to somewhere useful. Good thing I started with the last pair, since the timestamp for the pdf results in either a longitude of 183 (outside of the range of longitudinal coords) or 18.3x (in the Arctic Circle).

What else can we do?

This is typical of things I've downloaded from topspin. I wouldn't spend too much time chasing this one. I've assumed it's got something to do with the way they've got things setup.

Indefinite_Cure
12-09-2011, 09:01 AM
It won't scrobble on last.fm because WMP can'T read the tracks's length, I had to enter all the information of all the tracks myself. I can't scroll through the tracks, but maybe that's a good thing...we're so inclined to do so nowadays and it's disrespectful to the artists. And it forces me into the music.

AND DAMN IT'S AN AWESOME SOUNDTRACK SO FAR!!!! (I'm only on track 5)

And the cover done by How To Destroy Angels sounds amazing!

Loving everything I'm hearing!

caturday
12-09-2011, 09:03 AM
This is typical of things I've downloaded from topspin. I wouldn't spend too much time chasing this one. I've assumed it's got something to do with the way they've got things setup.

I've downloaded two other things recently, and the tracks seem to have reasonable mtimes...

Also are we sure that this download is coming from topspin? And that the zip was created by them?

jhulud
12-09-2011, 09:03 AM
Funny...it's pouring rain here today and listening to the soundtrack...the music is very fitting to the weather right now.

jehuty
12-09-2011, 09:04 AM
Oh man... I totally missed that the soundtrack gets released today.

KamioKachu
12-09-2011, 09:07 AM
So, I downloaded everything, started playing it and went to bed, fell asleep son after. There were some moments when I had to wake up and be like "holy shit, that's awesome", and turn my head and sleep again. I do not know which tracks I love, but hot damn this was money well spent...

ItsJustDave
12-09-2011, 09:08 AM
I've downloaded two other things recently, and the tracks seem to have reasonable mtimes...

Also are we sure that this download is coming from topspin? And that the zip was created by them?

Good luck with that.

Jon
12-09-2011, 09:21 AM

You are correct. The way I understand it is they like to set aside a block for the audio files (10, 25, 50, 100, etc.) so every file has a nice little number attached with it (organization).

There are 39 audio files, the numbers posted before ranged from 1980 to 2039, that's 59 (39+20). As far as Topspin is concerned they have 59 audio files connected with this release. Immigrant Song being audio track #1980, Is Your Love Strong Enough being audio track #2039.

EDIT: or whatever the numbers are, just because it's a full album doesn't mean the tracks are all numbered in order 1, 2, 3, 4... more than likely it's alphabetical rather than numerical

reseen_lamenti
12-09-2011, 09:26 AM
This score is amazing.

hmm... i have two different Oraculum songs... one of those is supposed to be Great Bird of Prey... interesting. does anyone else have this mistake?

I had this too, before I fixed it up myself.

jehuty
12-09-2011, 09:29 AM
great. I can't buy it. The only way to buy that thing is with using credit cards, which I don't have. You can pay with paypal express checkout, but even that requires a credit card, lol!

eversonpoe
12-09-2011, 09:33 AM
i don't know what's going on with the files, but vinyl will almost always vary a little bit unless you have a linear-tracking turntable. the reason is that the tonearm draws an arc across the surface, whereas the cutting lathe travels straight across the radius.

i know how vinyl works, silly! :p

i was referring only to the tempo difference in the digital formats. there should be no time compression or expansion used when converting files, so the BPM shouldn't differ. unless, like someone suggested earlier, it's a matter of the program recognizing the BPM across different formats, which might be the case, since the waveforms WILL slightly differ.

botley
12-09-2011, 09:41 AM
Can we get different threads going? Like, maybe one for batshit ARG numerology nonsense, one for bitching about download problems, and one for actual discussion of the music?

Toadflax
12-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Possibly working from 7am to 7pm today. Having a three hour tour de force (a three hour tour de force) streaming repeatedly into my ears will make that much more tolerable.

Also, I think my friend Oscar would like this.

Endlessly
12-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Dammit, I wasn't planning on liking this one, but here I am loving it. I didn't especially like the TSN soundtrack, but did like Ghosts, and I'm getting more of that feeling from it.

witte
12-09-2011, 09:49 AM
smooth download, no problems, listening

Jon
12-09-2011, 09:49 AM

i was referring only to the tempo difference in the digital formats. there should be no time compression or expansion used when converting files, so the BPM shouldn't differ. unless, like someone suggested earlier, it's a matter of the program recognizing the BPM across different formats, which might be the case, since the waveforms WILL slightly differ.

I'm pretty thorough and all this information will be posted eventually in the technical info thread, however here's a few things:

• All of my tests for tempo are done in .wav format, always, despite transcode, etc. These are throw-away files that are only used for tempo purposes. Sector boundary errors, transcodes, etc. could (theoretically) alter tempo but it's not likely; especially with 0-gen and 1-gen copies/transcodes
• I've stated already that more than likely it's due to the different encoders used across multiple formats/platforms (this is not the same as you mentioned where it's grabbing BPM across different formats, see above)
• Immigrant Song (LP Version) from nullco.com/immigrant reads as 119.98 BPM, the iTunes single version 1 reads as 119.99 BPM, the iTunes single version 2 and both soundtrack versions read as 120.00 BPM (keep in mind this isn't just to a tenth, it's to a hundredth of a beat so changes are much easier to spot)

imail724
12-09-2011, 09:55 AM
The fuck! I gave up waiting last night and went to bed. I wake up today, click download and this is what I get:

Download Unavailable Looks like the file you tried to download is currently unavailable. This could be a temporary issue, so try again in a little while. Contact Customer Support (http://app.topspin.net/account/help_public) if this problem continues.

The Becoming
12-09-2011, 09:55 AM
Is it just me or does the last 50 seconds or so of Revealed in the Thaw remind anyone of the track that was going around that was said to be "unreleased" NIN?

Starting at the 1:44 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4bsEgZrw-Y

imail724
12-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Wow, I've never heard that before. I wonder who it is.

JamesKKelly
12-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Just listening now, I like very much what I'm hearing so far, got as far as An Itch.

The Reason Being
12-09-2011, 10:09 AM
I'm 10 tracks into my second full listen. I have to say, this stuff sounds a lot better to me on second listen for some reason. I enjoyed the first listen, but i'm loving it this time around. Serious 'Still' vibes on 'One Particular Moment'.

Edit: There is a definite returning motif throughout this record. That exact same low, evil sounding drone first heard in 'She Reminds Me Of You' returns at least three times. Unless im just going crazy.

seasonsinthesky
12-09-2011, 10:11 AM
I'm pretty thorough and all this information will be posted eventually in the technical info thread, however here's a few things:

• All of my tests for tempo are done in .wav format, always, despite transcode, etc. These are throw-away files that are only used for tempo purposes. Sector boundary errors, transcodes, etc. could (theoretically) alter tempo but it's not likely; especially with 0-gen and 1-gen copies/transcodes
• I've stated already that more than likely it's due to the different encoders used across multiple formats/platforms (this is not the same as you mentioned where it's grabbing BPM across different formats, see above)
• Immigrant Song (LP Version) from nullco.com/immigrant reads as 119.98 BPM, the iTunes single version 1 reads as 119.99 BPM, the iTunes single version 2 and both soundtrack versions read as 120.00 BPM (keep in mind this isn't just to a tenth, it's to a hundredth of a beat so changes are much easier to spot)

what are you using to detect BPM? most calculation programs are utter shit, as they tend to factor in leading and trailing silences and fading (etc.), which completely throw off the algorithm. there isn't a single file for this soundtrack that will have the sound file beginning exactly at bar 1 nor ending at exactly the last bar, and these are integral to most programs' methods of calculating BPM.

the best way, imo, is always to grab an exact-to-the-sample loop, paying attention to the time signature, and throwing it into Apple's Loop Utility. i have yet to find a faster, more accurate way. (this tends to be impossible with ambient, non-rhythmic tracks.)

imail724
12-09-2011, 10:15 AM
The fuck! I gave up waiting last night and went to bed. I wake up today, click download and this is what I get:

Download Unavailable

Looks like the file you tried to download is currently unavailable. This could be a temporary issue, so try again in a little while. Contact Customer Support (http://app.topspin.net/account/help_public) if this problem continues.

Nobody else had this problem?

scottdot
12-09-2011, 10:23 AM
This has probably been covered, but is anybody else having trouble downloading pre-orders through iTunes? The iTunes Store still thinks I have no pre-orders available for download, or sometimes I get a "5002" error. Frustrated and ready to dig into this album.

scorpiusdiamond
12-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Working on assignments and listening. A Thousand Details is ace.

jessamineny
Do what they say. Contact Customer Support (http://app.topspin.net/account/help_public) if this problem continues.

ItsJustDave

I didn't have that problem, but I understand others have and they got around it by going to the "Live Receipt" page by clicking on the link and found that the download link worked from there. Have you tried that yet?

jessamineny
12-09-2011, 10:27 AM
This has probably been covered, but is anybody else having trouble downloading pre-orders through iTunes? The iTunes Store still thinks I have no pre-orders available for download, or sometimes I get a "5002" error. Frustrated and ready to dig into this album.

iTunes took preorders???

Did you actually order from the null Web site? If so, you should have gotten a new e-mail last night/this morning with a link to the download. Check your spam folder. Or find your original pre-order e-mail and click on the part at the top that says "Your Live Receipt will always have the latest information about your order." The download link should be live in that.

spahn
12-09-2011, 10:29 AM
I didn't have that problem, but I understand others have and they got around it by going to the "Live Receipt" page by clicking on the link and found that the download link worked from there. Have you tried that yet?

This seems to be the workaround. Worked for me.

imail724
12-09-2011, 10:29 AM
I did email them and they just emailed me back with a new link, but in the time between my email and theirs my dl from what.cd finished, so... all's well that ends well.

screwdriver
12-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Can we get different threads going? Like, maybe one for batshit ARG numerology nonsense, one for bitching about download problems, and one for actual discussion of the music?

yes, please...

sheepdean
12-09-2011, 10:52 AM
From the look of the liner notes, 42Entertainment did the ARG again

Demogorgon
12-09-2011, 11:07 AM
i never got the download link even though i'd pre-ordered, so, i just went to demonoid and snagged a flac copy. *shrug* easy fix. i could have e-mailed topspin i suppose, but, the other option was there and it was quicker.

eversonpoe
12-09-2011, 11:39 AM
i extracted the last page of the PDF so i could use it as a desktop wallpaper, and that's working fine, but i can't seem to upload it anywhere to share with everyone. what gives?

scorpiusdiamond
12-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Parallel Timeline's has a piano part that seems ridiculously familiar...?

Toadflax
12-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Infiltrator!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leviathant
12-09-2011, 12:42 PM

You may have heard it on ComesForthInTheThaw.com

arachnophilia
12-09-2011, 12:43 PM

i know, i was just telling everyone else to not freak out when the inevitable vinyl rips don't match up either.

AgentofChaos
12-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Download was fast, quick, and easy. Topspin does it again.

I can't really comment much on the record yet; I will need countless hours to curl up with it as it's so much to take in right now, but early indications are that I am going to fucking love it. The crunchyness on A Thousand Details is fucking sexy as hell. Loving An Itch.

Looking forward to having a Dragon Tattoo Winter where this record gets me through the bleaknesss of it all. Hopefully the movie does it justice.

scorpiusdiamond
12-09-2011, 01:01 PM
You may have heard it on ComesForthInTheThaw.com

Of course...
Also, LA Times article (http://theenvelope.latimes.com/news/la-et-env-composers-dragon-tattoo-trent-reznor,0,4640990.story)
The bass on We Could Wait Forever is toying with my sub. It's gorgeous (as a bassist)

icklekitty
12-09-2011, 01:16 PM
"I started thinking, 'Finally! Now there's serial killers, tension, anal rapings and stuff like that,'" Reznor said.

​Heh, wonder if that's what he said when he was approached for the NBK soundtrack.

konstantin
12-09-2011, 01:26 PM
"I started thinking, 'Finally! Now there's serial killers, tension, anal rapings and stuff like that,'" Reznor said.

​Heh, wonder if that's what he said when he was approached for the NBK soundtrack.
heh. i kind of really miss soundtracks being a collection of pop songs blending together with instrumentals and dialogue (NBK, LH)... but i guess that's actually much easier to put together than recording 3 hours of finished instrumentals.

Wretchedest
12-09-2011, 01:33 PM
This shit is the SHIIIIIT!

screwdriver
12-09-2011, 01:46 PM
First, this is excellent. Some of the best hit:miss ratio I've heard from Trenticuss. Also, "Great Bird of Prey" has a recycled "ghosts" sample -- I can't recall which track, as I don't have it on me, but I'm sure somebody will.

spahn
12-09-2011, 01:48 PM
i'm still amazed on how the deluxe edition is not sold out. i guess the combination of the economy, not a "nin" release, and the additional 500 copies (up from the ghosts' 2500) has made this a tougher sell. i wonder if this will skew trent into limiting any future deluxe editions back to 2500 or even 2000.

on a separate note, listening to pinned and mounted right now and damn that's a good track.

signofthenine
12-09-2011, 01:54 PM
i'm still amazed on how the deluxe edition is not sold out. i guess the combination of the economy, not a "nin" release, and the additional 500 copies (up from the ghosts' 2500) has made this a tougher sell. i wonder if this will skew trent into limiting any future deluxe editions back to 2500 or even 2000.

on a separate note, listening to pinned and mounted right now and damn that's a good track.

I assumed the holidays had something to do with it, too. I had to really look at the checkbook a bit before I committed to a surprise $300 purchase.

But like you, I'm also surprised it's not sold out. But as long as I can get my uber1337, one of a kind, comes in it's own PODs container that TR is contractually obligated to live in two days of the year edition of The Fragile, I'll be happy. :)

spahn
12-09-2011, 01:57 PM
i hear ya. i actually had to sit on the thought of purchasing it for a couple of days, with the worry of it selling out. hindsight, i'm glad i purchased it because i know its going to be amazing. i just hope that there isn't a $300 uber deluxe edition of the fragile. that would be torture to my bank account.

jessamineny
12-09-2011, 02:01 PM

I think also the fact that there's much less offered in this. Yes, there are six vinyls, but Ghosts had four.
This has the razor blade USB. But Ghosts had the hardback photo book, the two giclee prints, and the case with the CDS/multitracks/Blu-Ray.

I'm not bitching. I bought it. Just pointing out that there was much more value in the Ghosts package, which is likely keeping people from buying it. Who knows -- TR might not have made much on the Ghosts package.

Arkadin
12-09-2011, 03:51 PM
I knew what song it was without even knowing the title, because I also heard this "ridiculously familiar" part on ComesForthInTheThaw.com, and spent the next several hours trying to figure out what it sounded like. I'm talking about the segment that starts at 4:50 into the song. I finally realized that it sounds similar to music used in Apocalypse Now. I haven't watched AN to hear how close the pieces of music are. It's also possible that I'm delusional and it doesn't sound like the music in AN at all! :D

Upon further review, I'm not sure that it is like AN. The closest piece of music from the soundtrack that I can find on youtube is this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JMv-Ibhr7g&feature=related), though it isn't all that similar. Hmmm. This style of music is very similar to what TR is into, especially the Wendy Carlos sounding stuff. In fact if I didn't already know it I would have guessed that Wendy Carlos had composed AN instead of Carmine Coppola.

heavenly_bearded
12-09-2011, 04:44 PM
Just thought I would share for you all to see. Sounds juicy.

http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo340/sexmachine23_photos/my nin collection/P1050262.jpg http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo340/sexmachine23_photos/my nin collection/P1050264.jpg http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo340/sexmachine23_photos/my nin collection/P1050266.jpg http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo340/sexmachine23_photos/my nin collection/P1050267.jpg http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo340/sexmachine23_photos/my nin collection/P1050268.jpg http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo340/sexmachine23_photos/my nin collection/P1050269.jpg http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo340/sexmachine23_photos/my nin collection/P1050270.jpg http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo340/sexmachine23_photos/my nin collection/P1050271.jpg http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo340/sexmachine23_photos/my nin collection/P1050273.jpg http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo340/sexmachine23_photos/my nin collection/P1050274.jpg

Sorry for the huge post. Just wanted to get all the details in there.

imail724
12-09-2011, 04:51 PM
WTF! How do you have that and why does it have more tracks than the actual release?!

ltrandazzo
12-09-2011, 04:56 PM
WTF! How do you have that and why does it have more tracks than the actual release?!

The track sequence reveals the songs in the order they are played in the movie. Also, I'd imagine that the music itself is spread out over more cues than listed on the official release. One song on the official release could be two cues in the movie and so on.

heavenly_bearded
12-09-2011, 04:57 PM

Was sent to me for a friend. It's a For Your Consideration CD that gets handed out as a promo item. Almost always these have different tracks than the actual soundtrack. There is a TSN FYC with different tracklist out there as well.

If TR and AR won an Oscar for TSN, I cannot imagine what they will get for this. Simply put, dark and amazing!

Prettybrokenspiral
12-09-2011, 05:12 PM
I only buy vinyl

Jihad to that

sheepdean
12-09-2011, 05:12 PM
The track sequence reveals the songs in the order they are played in the movie. Also, I'd imagine that the music itself is spread out over more cues than listed on the official release. One song on the official release could be two cues in the movie and so on.
I wonder if there'll be any unique ones, like Dinner With Sean from TSN?

Prettybrokenspiral
12-09-2011, 05:14 PM
oh, and...

I had no idea you got a free download of the entire album today even if you ordered the vinyl deluxe package

so it made it especially amusing when I came here listening to it while reading all those agonizing posts from people who had to wait.

richardp
12-09-2011, 06:06 PM

By the looks of the track titles, all of the songs are actually out of sequence from the film. There are tracks at the end of the second disc that happen at the beginning of the book/film.

ComaMJ33
12-09-2011, 06:08 PM

Same here, I thought it would be long sold out by now. I guess I didn't need to panic as much getting my deluxe order in the minute it was released ("Ghosts I-IV" deluxe was much harder to order and download). Either way, through one entire listen in one sitting the score is incredible. I think it's better than "TSN" score (If I had to choose one over the other which is difficult), however it could just be the excitement of a new release or the fact that there's two more hours of music. How the music works as a companion to the film and time will tell. Also credit to Topspin, I've been very impressed with them over the past few years.

somewhatdamaged
12-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Well, I just read through ten pages of whining, but I guess I can say that because my experience was a breeze. I tried to stay up until 11:00 CST, but fell asleep around 9:30, I woke up at 11:12 and checked my email and it had a link to download. I hooked my ipod up and went back to bed. I woke up to go to work, turned computer on, the file was ready for me, I moved it on to my ipod. Done.

It takes me about 50 minutes to get to work, and a hour to get home, plenty of time for me to listen to some songs. I skipped through the songs that were on the sampler and ones I heard before from websites. I must say, slightly dissappointed that there aren't more harder or faster tracks. I get that they probably wouldn't fit the vibe for the movie, but alot of the tracks seem to blend together for me. In a week or so, I am sure my opinion will change. These are the stand out tracks for me so far...

Immigrant Song (although, I wish Karen O screamed better in the beginning of the track and it had the pulse at the end like the trailer version)
She Reminds Me of You
What If We Could?
A Thousand Details (Reminds me of Ghosts)
An Itch
Great Bird of Prey
Infiltrator

BRoswell
12-09-2011, 06:43 PM
Did anyone else think that the piano in The Heretics sounds almost exactly like the piano at the end of Closer (or at the beginning of Everyday Is Exactly The Same)? They all have that same warbly, broken piano quality to them.

rigo9inchnails
12-09-2011, 06:54 PM
No links to copyrighted material.

Zipfinator
12-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Some of these tracks really remind me of Trent's Quake soundtrack. Perihelion and With The Flies specifically.

Jon
12-09-2011, 07:25 PM
what are you using to detect BPM? most calculation programs are utter shit, as they tend to factor in leading and trailing silences and fading (etc.), which completely throw off the algorithm. there isn't a single file for this soundtrack that will have the sound file beginning exactly at bar 1 nor ending at exactly the last bar, and these are integral to most programs' methods of calculating BPM.

the best way, imo, is always to grab an exact-to-the-sample loop, paying attention to the time signature, and throwing it into Apple's Loop Utility. i have yet to find a faster, more accurate way. (this tends to be impossible with ambient, non-rhythmic tracks.)

sorry, I just saw this post...

as far as what I'm using to detect bpm (besides good old counting of course) it shouldn't matter. if I have let's say the NullCo FLAC version, you are correct about the leading and trailing silences throwing off bpm calculations. however, if i fix the sector boundary errors on the album as a whole, tracks 1-38 should not have traditional leading and trailing silences that would throw off bpm calculations. the last track, however, will always be a little off bpm-wise (usually ~.01 of a beat)

EDIT: the reason this is accurate in this case is because the album was mixed "gapless", or so it sounds.

joplinpicasso
12-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Somewhatdamaged - there are a good deal of fast/hard tracks besides the ones you mentioned, IMO.

This is a MAMMOTH release. I just listened to the full thing. I think it's important for me to keep up the distinction between the three discs, where they end and where they begin, so I have a context to process this all as music alone from the film. I mean, seriously, this is, like, the most brooding parts of Ghosts and the most ambient parts of TSN on crack! I love the bookends of the two covers, and I only assume that's exactly how the film will play out. Jesus, though. This is a lot, haha! I'm actually glad I listened the shit out of the sampler and the sites, because I have familiar buoys to drift to and from in between this whole fucking creation. I'd say my favorites are "Perihelion" (lots of Boards of Canada stuff going on), "Please Take Your Hand Away", "Parallel Timeline With Alternate Outcome", and "Of Secrets". I actually love the ambient stuff, and I hear very strong resemblances to Hans Zimmer's recent harder work with other songs (though, Zimmer was dipping into NIN land in the first place). The very middle feels very, very 'soundtrack-y', and the standout tracks are towards the beginning and end, IMO. This will surely keep me warm during this upcoming cold winter, and I have no problem re-listening again and again before the movie.

Toadflax
12-09-2011, 09:21 PM
"This is the second nomination and second win for Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross." Fingers crossed, though I'm sure the nomination is at least clinched just hearing the album (obviously it all depends on how it works in the movie, but still).

I was also thinking with the Karen O and HTDA songs that it would be cool if TR/AR kept up the score work and on a future project it progressed to NIN or HDTA being nominated for best original song as well. Essentially "Burn" but on a movie that has the attention of the Academy.

Not, by the way, that the Oscars matter to me at all in the greater scheme of enjoying the art- it's just fun to think about.

seasonsinthesky
12-09-2011, 09:24 PM
sorry, I just saw this post...

as far as what I'm using to detect bpm (besides good old counting of course) it shouldn't matter. if I have let's say the NullCo FLAC version, you are correct about the leading and trailing silences throwing off bpm calculations. however, if i fix the sector boundary errors on the album as a whole, tracks 1-38 should not have traditional leading and trailing silences that would throw off bpm calculations. the last track, however, will always be a little off bpm-wise (usually ~.01 of a beat)

EDIT: the reason this is accurate in this case is because the album was mixed "gapless", or so it sounds.
it doesn't matter if it's gapless. actually, that makes it worse — then, it's hard to be sure when the song exactly starts (which would be bar 1), because the end of the song before is covering it up, as most Reznor releases crossfade between songs. even if they don't crossfade, there's no guarantee the song starts at exactly bar 1, and definitely not a guarantee that it ends at the end of a full bar. the most relevant reason why would be because most masters of a record, including those for download, are spat out of the mastering software, which always includes some amount (often CD 12 frames) of extra space at the beginning of each track marker in order to compensate for older disc players with lasers that introduce a delay between hitting 'play' at the start of a track and the laser starting up, making the start of the song cut off if it doesn't include a measure of extra space. a notable exception is the Ghosts I-IV download, as most songs begin exactly where they should (pity the foo who burns them and listens on mistracking disc player in their car!). still, the majority of song start markers set on NIN records are relevant to where Reznor wants you to hear it start when you skip to the track, rather than the actual first bar — for instance, skipping to "I Do Not Want This" jumps over the entirety of its introduction, which fades in over the end of "The Becoming."

another issue you're facing is that mastering engineers (though i can't speak specifically for Tom Baker, who usually handles Reznor's stuff), as a common practice, run the final master through a tape machine at some point in order to warm/fatten the mix and/or smooth out the 'stepping' inherent in digital audio sampling, often on the way to whittling down to 44.1 kHz (since the best way to do that is to send it through quality DA/AD converters), which can introduce time stretching and contracting. drop a PHM track, even from the remaster, into any given audio program, match up the first transient to bar 1, and you'll see that the rest of the song gradually speeds up so that the song is counting through quarter-bars or less by the end.

anyway, i'm not meaning to deride your process, just pointing out that it really isn't worth using simple programs that rely on track length in order to calculate beats per minute (if you're even doing that). most can't even read transients, another important clue for detecting exact BPM.

oldschool
12-09-2011, 10:08 PM
some interesting things in the liner notes:
-Is Your Love Strong Enough and Immigrant Song were produced by David Fincher? WTF? didn't know he was a musical sort of dude
-Mariqueen has vocals on some tracks
-They thank 42 entertainment in there. that's pretty much a confirmation that they are behind the viral marketing/arg for this movie, isn't it?
-They also thank "David Byrnes" in there. I really hope that's a typo and they meant David Byrne

My guess is Fincher didn't produce those songs in the typical musical or technical way you are thinking. He probably made a lot of suggestions that helped mold what we hear today. In a way you could say he "produced" the entire score. They probably just have him credited on those songs because it was his idea to tackle those covers.

Yes, I would also guess that 42 Entertainment was somehow involved with the ARG elements of the movie promotion due to the liner note nod.

waffel
12-09-2011, 11:18 PM
Finished listening to it an hour ago and I think Pinned and Mounted was my favorite though Great Bird of Prey,The Heretics, and Infiltrator are fighting for top spot. There is also another track that I can't think of that really reminded me of Ruiner or The Becoming. Some of the tracks also have a similarity to the Quake tracks (really should give it a listen if you haven't). The covers are both fantastic, if Q sings like that on HTDA it'll make for a killer record. I also noticed that the music starts to pick up in the later tracks, there are a few piano tracks, but they sound like what Ghosts should have been. Hopefully they don't get caught in the year where they give a "make up" oscar in their category, since this blows TSN out of the water.

Jon
12-10-2011, 01:08 AM
'With The Flies' is amazing

BenAkenobi
12-10-2011, 01:36 AM
This music is much nearer to Ghosts, i don't want to compare it to TSN, in fact now i want to forget TSN, to lose any affiliations. I loved how Ghosts was so familiar and so distant at the same time. Loving this soundtrack, can't wait till CD arrives (one more month, grrrr). And contrary to what i wrote before, now i want to see Fincher's movie despite i've seen the scandinavian movie.

One thing now i wonder - why couldn't Deluxe edition include the movie itself as download coupon or on bluray?

witte
12-10-2011, 01:47 AM
Was sent to me for a friend. It's a For Your Consideration CD that gets handed out as a promo item. Almost always these have different tracks than the actual soundtrack. There is a TSN FYC with different tracklist out there as well.

If TR and AR won an Oscar for TSN, I cannot imagine what they will get for this. Simply put, dark and amazing!

Thanks Steve.

An addition: these cds are created to sent them to the Academy. So the jury can judge it for the nominations.

Next station will be archiving for ETS and then they will see the Dutch Mountains.
Hurry up, man. I cannot wait ... ;)

BRoswell
12-10-2011, 01:48 AM
One thing now i wonder - why couldn't Deluxe edition include the movie itself as download coupon or on bluray?

The original adaptation? Why would the soundtrack for the new adaptation include a download for the old one?

Jon
12-10-2011, 02:02 AM

Copyright/Legal reasons.

I'm sure "The Null Corporation" doesn't want to have to pay Columbia/Sony licensing fees to release a blu-ray.

Frozen Beach
12-10-2011, 02:34 AM
The score really reminds me of the score for Alice: Madness Returns.

Ryan
12-10-2011, 03:09 AM
Can someone shoot me a PM of this please (the "For Your Consideration" version)?

Been hung over all day and just now catching up!

Just thought I would share for you all to see. Sounds juicy.

http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo340/sexmachine23_photos/my nin collection/P1050262.jpg http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo340/sexmachine23_photos/my nin collection/P1050264.jpg http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo340/sexmachine23_photos/my nin collection/P1050266.jpg http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo340/sexmachine23_photos/my nin collection/P1050267.jpg http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo340/sexmachine23_photos/my nin collection/P1050268.jpg http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo340/sexmachine23_photos/my nin collection/P1050269.jpg http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo340/sexmachine23_photos/my nin collection/P1050270.jpg http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo340/sexmachine23_photos/my nin collection/P1050271.jpg http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo340/sexmachine23_photos/my nin collection/P1050273.jpg http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo340/sexmachine23_photos/my nin collection/P1050274.jpg

Sorry for the huge post. Just wanted to get all the details in there.

witte
12-10-2011, 04:34 AM
^^^^PM-ed^^^^

Ryan
12-10-2011, 05:45 AM
Danke schon!

Ryan
12-10-2011, 05:52 AM
The end of A Viable Construct made me WTF in a good way.

Also, favorite track: Great Bird of Prey

opal
12-10-2011, 06:22 AM
I pre-ordered the CD. Was I supposed to get an email with a d/l link? I didn't get anything.

Zipfinator
12-10-2011, 06:25 AM
I pre-ordered the CD. Was I supposed to get an email with a d/l link? I didn't get anything.

It should be in the digital receipt you got after you ordered it. I also got e-mailed a second reminder receipt with the downloads last night when it came out.

witte
12-10-2011, 06:31 AM
Don't suppose I could get a PM similar to the one sent to Ryan...?

Well, I managed to get the For Your Consideration disks which are sent to the Academy members and critics for awards consideration. It's on its way to me. It'll take a few days/weeks.
As we know (remember the TSN version) this album is different from the original soundtrack. It contains 2 disks .

I'll keep you updated.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii130/nine_inch_nerd/NIN%20collection/2.jpg
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii130/nine_inch_nerd/NIN%20collection/1.jpg

It isn't sent to me (EU) directly. It's now on its way to a fellow US ETS-er who will rip it for the community.

I think, when I look at the TSN FYC score, it has nothing to do with the soundtrack we can order at the moment.
This TGWTDT FYC score hopefully will contain the tracks exactly as mixed for the movie, different from the tracks on the original soundtrack. That's the reason it is a special item.
Fact: the CD we can order contains 3 disks; this score contains 2 disks. So, I have a good feeling about that theory.
We will know soon.

The movie will be released 12/21.
The rip will be there earlier, if USPS does his job correct.
To be continued.....

vvv everything will be under control and there'll be some caution for sure vvv

Again, this 'For Your Consideration' CD is in 'our hands'.
Please, be patient. More information will come soon.

Amphiseum
12-10-2011, 06:43 AM
Again, this 'For Your Consideration' CD is in 'our hands'.
Please, be patient. More information will come soon.

Whoops, missed that bit.

BenAkenobi
12-10-2011, 06:58 AM
you're crazy to want "for your consideration" version. i bet $5 to nine_inch_nerd it doesn't add any new music.

Amphiseum
12-10-2011, 07:01 AM
you're crazy to want "for your consideration" version. i bet $5 to nine_inch_nerd it doesn't add any new music.

Your "crazy" and my "I wonder what tracks match up to what" seem to be the same thing :P

witte
12-10-2011, 07:02 AM
Those $5 are mine. I hope you did vote for the right person last week in your country .....

BenAkenobi
12-10-2011, 07:06 AM
how the voting in my country connects to this at all?

ROFLRICK
12-10-2011, 07:53 AM
I imagine the two discs on the FYC are full to the brim? I'm listening to the Null version now (it's tremendous) and each 'disc' is about an hour, leaving +/- 12 min. on a CD.

And hello everyone, how's it going?

EDIT: 'Flaccid' member? Oy. = ]

Henrie_Schnee
12-10-2011, 08:23 AM
I said it a few pages ago & and I'll say it again: If you dig this kind of dark/broody/ambient/music-but-not-quiet-music, go check out the soundtracks Akira Yamaoka did for the Silent Hill games (especially 1 and 2). Visit this site: http://www.silenthillmemories.net/music/sh1_osts_en.htm These OSTs are semi-open source, which means that you can buy them, but Konami has a long standing tradition of tolerating fan-sites hosting them (since, for years, they were very rare imports in most countries).

Maurish
12-10-2011, 10:49 AM
The first time I heard it on CFITW.com I actually thought it reminded me of "Adrift and at Peace". Friend of mine said that it is indeed a bit similar. Who knows...

eversonpoe
12-10-2011, 11:31 AM
pitchfork is hosting the video for Immigrant Song (http://www.pitchfork.com/news/44843-video-trent-reznor-and-karen-o-cover-led-zeppelins-immigrant-song/)

uroboros
12-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Anyone else daunted by all the new song titles we gotta memorize? I still don't know all the titles to ghosts & TSN. Now we have 39 more plus the alternate titles for the "Consideration" disks.

While this is my first post on the new ETS, I want to say "YAY for ETS! I missed you sooo much!"

Horican
12-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Anyone else daunted by all the new song titles we gotta memorize? I still don't know all the titles to ghosts & TSN. Now we have 39 more plus the alternate titles for the "Consideration" disks. (speaking of which, can I get a pm on that ;-) "
haha Ghosts titles are actually pretty easy to remember, aren't they? (not trying to poke fun of you or something, it just made me laugh).
and when available i'd love a PM with the consideration cds

gorast
12-10-2011, 01:14 PM
haha Ghosts titles are actually pretty easy to remember, aren't they? (not trying to poke fun of you or something, it just made me laugh).
and when available i'd love a PM with the consideration cds

But it's too hard to associate each title with the track itself is the point? But I'm pretty sure you gathered that and I'm just pointing out stupid shit.

I thought we weren't allowed to turn topics into PM request topics? (though I'd like one too when the FYC version starts circulating...)

I gave the soundtrack a full front-to-back listen last night and it's really one of the greatest soundtracks I've heard. It'll take a bit to remember each of the tracks by name, but I'll manage it.

imail724
12-10-2011, 01:21 PM
pitchfork is hosting the video for Immigrant Song (http://www.pitchfork.com/news/44843-video-trent-reznor-and-karen-o-cover-led-zeppelins-immigrant-song/)
woah.sdfsdfdsfdsfdf

howdidislipinto
12-10-2011, 02:24 PM
(Can't all of you just PM the person who brought it up, instead of asking for PMs? Or quoting images? Just a thought.)

The video was super fucking creepy. Pitchfork implied that it might be the opening titles of the movie? If so, it might be Fincher's best since Seven.

nin3414
12-10-2011, 02:30 PM
If anyone can pick up two extra tickets for the SF screening let me know! I can't take the five hours out of my day since it's the weekend before finals. Thanks!

thetourist
12-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Ah, the video ist great!!

R37R0
12-10-2011, 02:41 PM
apologies if this has been asked before, ive just ordered the CD and selected MAM Rate shipping to the UK. Wtf is MAM Rate?

ltrandazzo
12-10-2011, 02:44 PM
(Can't all of you just PM the person who brought it up, instead of asking for PMs? Or quoting images? Just a thought.)

Yep. No more requests for PM's. Use your PM box and figure out who has it that way because it's cluttering the thread. I'll be cleaning up the messages for those later. Thanks!

jessamineny
12-10-2011, 02:49 PM
apologies if this has been asked before, ive just ordered the CD and selected MAM Rate shipping to the UK. Wtf is MAM Rate?

https://app.topspin.net/account/help_public

R37R0
12-10-2011, 03:35 PM
thanks for the info, ive downloaded the mp3 and track 3 (im assuming its track 3) is labelled as track 2 with different artwork and different tags. anyone else notice this?

thelastdisciple
12-10-2011, 03:43 PM
From TR himself:

"Regarding that "for your consideration" sampler you've gotten your hands on. Those are made for various award groups that require having only original music composed specifically for and used in the film put on a disc. There's nothing in there you don't have longer and more listenable versions of with the official release. The titles refer to the cue lists that the editors, director and everyone else uses to refer to scenes."

So all those who are expecting something different from that, you're in for more of the same just shorter edits and less content.

somewhatdamaged
12-10-2011, 04:20 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/sftw/3988746/Trent-Reznor-and-Karen-O-Weve-made-Zep-more-aggressive.html

Harry Seaward
12-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Did anyone else get an Adam Jones vibe (visually, not aurally) from the Immigrant Song music video?

Endlessly
12-10-2011, 06:24 PM
I'm having trouble seeing the Immigrant Song video (and yes, my Flash player appears to be up-to-date). Is anyone able to rip to Youtube or something?

Miss.Selfdestruct
12-10-2011, 07:23 PM
1. congrats ETS team and a huge THANK YOU for bringing back the community :) i was never a 'prominent' member but always felt ETS was a little home away from other dwellings :P

2. that music video is the best i've seen from these guys since Broken era. such a great cover of that song too.

Ocean Blooms
12-10-2011, 08:07 PM
I'm holding off on watching the "Immigrant Song" video for now. If it's actually the opening title for the movie, I'm doing myself a great disservice watching it like this.

It's bad enough I'm listening to the soundtrack beforehand but then again I held off listening to "The Social Network" soundtrack before watching the movie and amazingly it didn't really make much of a difference.

This soundtrack is definitely better than "The Social Network" soundtrack, not to say "TSN" isn't good because it's great but this is just so much more uhhh engaging. Perfect music to listen to while I read the comics.

CRIMinal
12-10-2011, 09:24 PM
I am really looking forward to this movie. I have stayed in the dark on the story for "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo." I haven't read the book or seen the original movie and I have kept away from interviews about the movie. The only thing I know is that the soundtrack is great and I am a fan of Fincher's movies, so this should be great.

The Reason Being
12-10-2011, 09:32 PM
I am really looking forward to this movie. I have stayed in the dark on the story for "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo." I haven't read the book or seen the original movie and I have kept away from interviews about the movie. The only thing I know is that the soundtrack is great and I am a fan of Fincher's movies, so this should be great.

Same here. I had a chance to watch the original last night, and although pretty tempted said no. I've come this far! Looking forward to seeing this, then maybe check out the Swedish trilogy

Ryan
12-10-2011, 09:47 PM
So are any of the website audio streams that I have as mp3 worth keeping?

Or have they all been determined to be tracks from the official release?

Jon
12-10-2011, 09:53 PM
So are any of the website audio streams that I have as mp3 worth keeping?

Or have they all been determined to be tracks from the official release?

I'd have to go through it all, which is over 2 gigs at this point....

Ryan
12-10-2011, 10:27 PM
Think I'll just wait in that case, lol.

Jon
12-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Think I'll just wait in that case, lol.

yessir, your patience might pay off in this case :p

Lisbeth
12-11-2011, 12:20 AM

I haven't seen the Swedish movie or read any of the books...and purposely kept it that way despite how tempting it has been to DL them both. I want to go into it with only what I know from the previews that are kinda hard to miss these days if you turn on the TV. I've read a couple of articles/interviews that have been enough to make me want more.

richardp
12-11-2011, 12:29 AM
Not that it really matters, because the music is incredible, but I don't really care for the album cover.

Ocean Blooms
12-11-2011, 12:49 AM
9 times out of 10, the simplicity route is always a winner and this is a perfect example. I love the album cover.

richardp
12-11-2011, 01:24 AM
9 times out of 10, the simplicity route is always a winner and this is a perfect example. I love the album cover.

I think it's the grey and white that does it in for me, for some reason. I like the sampler cover much more.

howdidislipinto
12-11-2011, 01:25 AM
Not that it really matters, because the music is incredible, but I don't really care for the album cover.

I like the symmetry (or asymmetry) of how it looks beside The Social Network cover.

After the second full listen, it's definitely grown on me. (I liked it to begin with, but you know what I mean.) Looking at the album as three different 13-song acts definitely helps create a proper flow, I think. Trying to just take it in as one piece would be overwhelming, but the three act structure feels right with each disc sorta getting its own climax. Love it.

kernunrex
12-11-2011, 02:08 AM
I've never had all 3 programs not work and I'm afraid to use anything else because of transcoding

I usually use http://www.keepvid.com (http://www.keepvid.com/) for grabbing videos, but that doesn't work for Pitchfork. Which 3 programs are you using?

Jon
12-11-2011, 02:24 AM
I usually use http://www.keepvid.com (http://www.keepvid.com/) for grabbing videos, but that doesn't work for Pitchfork. Which 3 programs are you using?

jaksta, getflv, and a custom command-line used to demux the .flv, i changed it around to just grab the .flv as a whole

Edit: the command-line uses VLC if it helps anyone figure this out. i'm not sure if it's my computer or what but all of the .flv's i save have a slight pause between 0:01-0:02 of the video

Zipfinator
12-11-2011, 02:36 AM
After a few listens through the soundtrack I believe With The Flies is my favorite track. It reminds me a lot of Quake and I love the way the piano is distorted at the end.

Ocean Blooms
12-11-2011, 02:37 AM
I think it's the grey and white that does it in for me, for some reason. I like the sampler cover much more.

Okay, I see what you're talking about now although the color scheme stills works for me. The sampler version with black being the overall color scheme is also great but the gray and white makes it unique, just outlining her.

The music in the 8 minute trailer is what excited me the most so when it got to "A Thousand Details", I freaked. Kick ass track.

Jon
12-11-2011, 02:56 AM
Here (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=474CY8HJ) is my results when i try to save the .flv... notice the pause at the beginning of the video?

Rdm
12-11-2011, 03:14 AM
To the people who bought the deluxe version. Did you get charged right away? Or are they going to charge you when it gets mailed. Thanks = )

Ocean Blooms
12-11-2011, 03:46 AM
I got charged almost immediately.

reznovka
12-11-2011, 06:15 AM
Got charged last wednesday.

signofthenine
12-11-2011, 10:17 AM
To the people who bought the deluxe version. Did you get charged right away? Or are they going to charge you when it gets mailed. Thanks = )

I ordered mine on Thur the 1st (went live at 11PM CST, and I ordered about 11:45), but it didn't actually hit my account until Tuesday the 6th. I actually emailed toppspin over that weekend, and they said the charges looked like they went through. So I'm guessing it was just my bank being slow.

At this point, I've not heard of many people still having issues, so I'd say if you have an email receipt, you should be ok. You could always follow the link that came from TR earlier in this thread (apologize, I don't have it bookmarked), but I'm willing to bet you'll be ok.

Corey Bloom
12-11-2011, 11:08 AM
does anybody know where i can get the FYC version of the soundtrack?

ltrandazzo
12-11-2011, 11:49 AM
does anybody know where i can get the FYC version of the soundtrack?

Yep. No more requests for PM's with the FYC version. Use your PM box and figure out who has it that way because it's cluttering the thread. I'll be cleaning up the messages for those later. Thanks!

Please read the thread before asking where to find the FYC version.

Corey Bloom
12-11-2011, 11:57 AM
o aiight srry

Corey Bloom
12-11-2011, 01:44 PM
this comment isnt asking for the actual link but to those who have heard the awards promo......does anybody know which titles from that tracklist match up to the commercial release. For example, what is the name of the track in the promo that is the same as An Itch

imail724
12-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Is dotcom one (or part of one) of the tracks?

Lisbeth
12-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Corey Bloom and imail724...I think you are suppose to PM the person who has the FYC and ask them your questions and not ask anymore questions about it in this thread. At least, that's what I'm getting from the Admins request.

ltrandazzo
12-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Corey Bloom and imail724...I think you are suppose to PM the person who has the FYC and ask them your questions and not ask anymore questions about it in this thread. At least, that's what I'm getting from the Admins request.

Incorrect.

Corey, no idea. I haven't heard the FYC version and I'm not really rushing to it since it's shorter and doesn't have anything new on it. imail724, the dotcom.mp3 is shorter on the OST and is called "She Reminds Me Of You."