Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: LP Fapping

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    You were about a second behind me lol. Considering how long it took Slip to go from mixed to released, anyone else expecting an announcement next week?
    The Slip was an experiment, from how quickly it was written/recorded to how it was released.

They've really been working on this baby. I think we can expect a more traditional release.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I don't think a release will be next week (sadly), but the fact there's no label stopping them means they can say "album is done, pre orders and art available now", and release it in like March after some promotion.

Would be nice to see another video too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I liked the Slip tactic of digital first followed by physical release. That way you get giddy excitement twice for the same album I can't remember, was the EP digital first followed by physical? I just remember I had to go to a few stores to get the EP, and ended up having to give FYE some money

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    The EP was digital first, yes (followed by vinyl). Ideally I'd like to see them all on the same day, but I can see the staggered release being good marketing and consumer awareness.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I don't see the LP being released in the very near future, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Side note: I was surprised to realize that the EP is nearly two years old. It doesn't feel like it's been that long, but I guess it has. It still holds up well for me, especially The Space In Between. There's something amazingly sinister about that song. I know some want to see the LP go into a different direction, but I don't think they should completely abandon the sound they crafted on the EP.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I too want a kick-ass music video.

And i want Fincher to direct it.

And i want some cake.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    You were about a second behind me lol. Considering how long it took Slip to go from mixed to released, anyone else expecting an announcement next week?
    This is what I'm hoping for. We know that Trent doesn't like to sit on his music anymore unless he has to (like with the soundtracks, right?)

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Hey people, why is everybody so inpatient?
    The new CD/vinyl will come. Enjoy the prelude or in the meantime enjoy TGWTDT OST (this is still só fresh and excited) or listen again to the first HTDA CD.
    Relax and don't act like spoiled kids.....
    It's a privilege to be part of this. Trent does a great job making music year by year....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Spoiled? Where do you see impatience my friend? I see excitement and speculation.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Then we are on the right way

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    My spot - in the film Limitless, The Believers features about 40 minutes in. Was stunned, had no idea prior to it
    Watching the movie right now, great to see the action with the music!
    I didn't know and I was a little surprised.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    EXcited as Trent has just tweeted they're on the second to last day of mixing

I'm hoping for a video as well and some little build up like last time

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    It's a privilege to be part of this.
    i cant stand when people write things like this. so ridiculous. this thread is about people being excited for new music.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    Then we are on the right way
    Hey, someone else already made his point. ^^I replied.

I tried into perspective with my argument.
    See it as a slip of the pen, ok?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, let's not play Trent's bodyguard and start policing a few excited fans. Bring on the new music - I still listen to the EP a lot and it's really good. You guys realize this is the first proper album he'll have released in four years? Crazy.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenoctem View Post
    Yeah, let's not play Trent's bodyguard and start policing a few excited fans. Bring on the new music - I still listen to the EP a lot and it's really good. You guys realize this is the first proper album he'll have released in four years? Crazy.
    So what were TSN and TGWTDT?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Soundtracks. It's a very different type of music than what he's made in the past. It's meant to evoke moods, and it usually changes very slowly and imperceptibly. It's meant to do its job without you even knowing it's there. Whereas with a proper album, you're really listening and engaging, because it's full of actual songs with structure and change.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Even though I was not a fan of the EP (I'm not sure I've listened to it since release week... man), I'm finding myself honestly excited to hear the first album.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I adored the EP. Now that the album is most likely completed the wait is killing me. I'm literally checking theninhotline.com, twitter feeds, and here a good 10 times per day. Don't think I could be more hyped if I tried

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnoorum View Post
    I adored the EP. Now that the album is most likely completed the wait is killing me. I'm literally checking theninhotline.com, twitter feeds, and here a good 10 times per day. Don't think I could be more hyped if I tried
    Same here, got A Drowning on now.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    So, the LP can't be too far off: anyone hoping for an LE? Or at least a 5.1 mix (would explain why mixing took so long too)?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    5.1 would be great!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I'll be happy with just a cd that I can order that comes with a download link - I just want it on my iPod, no need for anything fancy. There were quite a few problems with ordering the LE GWTDT set weren't there?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm guessing the LP announcement/release will come in March/April with a short tour in July/August.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    I'm guessing the LP announcement/release will come in March/April with a short tour in July/August.
    Hopefully the announcement and such will come sooner than later. I am itching to hear what the LP sounds like.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was really expecting to hear something by now. The wait is a killer! I've never refreshed Twitter so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    March for sure. It's done mixing, and Trent said he expected it to be out in the first quarter, so get excited.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I'm excited.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    So, the LP can't be too far off: anyone hoping for an LE? Or at least a 5.1 mix
    No and no. The only time I've ever felt compelled to buy anything more than the album itself is when a band includes a "making of" DVD with it - I'm a very behind-the-scenes oriented person. And 5.1? Nope. Give me something I can listen to on a good pair of ears or any decent stereo speakers.