Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Anticipated Albums of 2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Most Anticipated Albums of 2015

Its early, but I think this would be a good thread to see what people are excited about for next year when it comes to music.
    Here's mine (Sorry about the prominence of Metal, and that some of the examples are from previous years due to no previews of newer material):
    1. Faith No More
    Well, they are my favourite band ever, and Motherfucker was awesome, why wouldn't they be number 1.

2. Tool
    If they can actually get it done by then, but even then I am insanely excited with what Tool can do, especially with previews like this. If there is a band that probably won't disappoint with their next, it would be Faith No More, but Tool are very close to being that band for me.

3. Enter Shikari
    The two songs released are fucking amazing, and give me high hopes for what this band can do. Their next album, The Mindsweep, could be a defining moment for them, both as a band and in terms of popularity. This may dissuade a lot of people who just write them off as trancecore, they have come a LONG way since those days

4. Deftones
    After the strength of Diamond Eyes (Probably my favorite Deftones record) and Koi No Yokan, I can't help but wonder what they can do, especially as Sergio becomes a larger part of the band. Maybe the post-hardcore elements on Adrenaline could come back due to Sergio's involvement in Quicksand, I would like a mix of that with some of the Post-Metal sounds on the post White Pony records

5. Bring Me The Horizon
    Hey, remember when this band were an unlistenable waste of time. Yeah, neither do I, now even when the songs are not that good, they are still full of potential. Their next album is their make or break moment, if they can keep up the momentum they got from There Is A Hell and Sempiternal, the sky's the limit in terms of quality

6. Napalm Death
    Napalm Death are one of those bands that have never made a bad album in my opinion. Even without any founding members they can still crush peoples skulls with their guitar tone, whilst still having a sense of intelligence about them. Apex Predator - Easy Meat seems to be shorter and/or have longer songs than Utilitarian, but the song Cesspits gives me insane hope that this will be incredible.

7. Lamb Of God
    I found Resolution to be disappointing and more of the same from LOG (Although Desolation is an absolute tune). But I am really hoping that they have another Sacrament in them, especially considering the presumably darker tone considering the events of the past few years.

8. Panda Bear
    Person Pitch and Tomboy were modern classics, mixing experimental ideas, psychedelia and occasional pop structures masterfully. And while Mr. Noah isn't as good as anything on those records, it still bodes well for his new album, Panda Bear Meets The Grim Reaper.

9. Periphery
    This band are one of the few Djent bands that I actually listen to on a regular basis (See TesseracT, Veil Of Maya, Animals As Leaders, Textures and After The Burial for the others, Sikth and Meshuggah aren't djent imo) and all signs point to Juggernaut: Alpha & Omega being an early favourite next year, with it sounding like the Periphery I know and love.

10. Cancer Bats
    Post-Hardcore/Sludge Metal band with a great track record + Ross Robinson = SOLD. Also those singles are pretty sweet.
    Last edited by UnjollyIrishman; 12-06-2014 at 10:22 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Purity Ring is easily my most anticipated for sure. Also really pumped for the new Sky Ferreira, the new DIIV, new Deftones, new Kendrick Lamar, new Kanye, and maybe a new Sigur Ros if that's going to be thing.

But yeah, Purity Ring, I'm unbelievably excited for that one.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Day for Night by the Smashing Pumpkins. Still hoping for a new Guns N' Roses. Also looking to the new STP and Scott Weiland.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Purity Ring is easily my most anticipated for sure. Also really pumped for the new Sky Ferreira, the new DIIV, new Deftones, new Kendrick Lamar, new Kanye, and maybe a new Sigur Ros if that's going to be thing.

But yeah, Purity Ring, I'm unbelievably excited for that one.
    I was quite close to putting Kendrick on my list, but Cancer Bats just beat them in that respect. i is a fucking tune though.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    what I've heard off Apex Predator is awesome, best since "enemy of the music business"

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Anxious for the new Steven Wilson above all. David Gilmour's next solo album is supposedly going to be released next year too, so that's another. King Crimson have a live album coming out in January, and are working on new material which hopefully drops in 2015 as well. And quite possibly the next Radiohead album too.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    The Smashing Pumpkins - Day for Night. Monuments is my 2014 album of the year, and I wouldn't be surprised if Day for Night surpasses it. Burnt Orange Black sounds remarkable live, I cannot wait for a studio version. if that's the song that closes out the Teargarden project, then it's a great ending.

Radiohead - TBA. The more out there they get the more interested I get. OK Computer and back honestly bores the shit out of me half the time (I like OK Computer, but think Kid A and Amnesiac are way stronger), and if this pushes into even weirder territory than TKoL then I'm sold. It's safe to expect it next year if they're already in studio.

If Tool releases a new album in 2015 I'll probably shit myself in disbelief. But good disbelief.

I'm crossing my fingers for some random Trent Reznor thing to come out, whether it's new HTDA, NIN, etc., I'd just love for some surprise album or EP to pop up like The Slip did. Not that I'm expecting it, but I sure am hoping.

Kanye West's Yeezus follow up was due this year, now it's nowhere to be found, and there's a 2015 tour in the works, so I'm pretty hopeful that it'll get a release next year. Yeezus gets more regular play than any other 2013 album for me for some reason, and I think it's his strongest work yet. I cannot wait to see how he tops it.

I doubt it's popular around here to like them at all, but I'm pretty hopeful for the next Death Cab for Cutie album, too.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Whatever Deafheaven churns out. I'm hoping for an album in Q1.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    A Place to Bury Strangers is probably the only thing I am looking forward to right now.

A new Tool album would make 2015 awesome but I doubt it.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    - "Hand. Cannot. Erase" by Steven Wilson, obviously.
    - New Faith No More album (NEED IT!)
    - New SONOIO (Alessandro released the single, not sure if the album will appear next year...)

Had no idea about new Deftones, but i'll put it on my list...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Axl recently tweeted a picture from the studio, so I have a little bit of hope for a new album.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    While neither of these bands has officially made an announcement, I have a strong feeling there will be new albums from them next year, and I'm very excited to hear them:

Nine Inch Nails
    Puscifer
    System of a Down
    Tool

I also think we'll hear an EP by How To Destroy Angels

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    So far I'm only interested in the new Radiohead and Chemical Brothers albums, but I'm sure there will be more announced as we creep into 2015.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    For me, Tool, Radiohead, Faith No More, A Place to Bury Strangers, and Deafhaven. I'm also hoping for new records from Bats for Lashes and long-shots from My Bloody Valentine, Ride, and Slowdive. And of course, The Fragile reissue.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Chinese Democracy. C'mon Axl.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I can't believe people still want a new Tool album.

But, hey, this is coming from a person who really wanted that new U2 album.

Whatevs.

Mentioned
    555 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnjollyIrishman View Post
    5. Bring Me The Horizon
    Holy shit this band fucking sucks

what the fuck is this?

it's like someone took the "slightly noisy version of inspirational anthemic pop rock" like Kings of Leon, and mixed it with the petulant shttiness of some mall-punk band. Fuck these guys.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 12-07-2014 at 01:52 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Oh I totally forgot about Failure's new album.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The new Failure album is gonna BE my music year in 2015, don't even really care if anything else comes out . I hope they put together some awesome pre-order packages for it. Excited for their world tour, but hopefully the North American portion won't be limited to major cities.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to hopeful full-length droppage from:

Faith No More
    Autolux
    Team Sleep
    Centaur (extreme wishful thinking)
    Dillinger Escape Plan
    John Congleton/The Nighty Nite
    Norma Jean
    True Widow
    Veruca Salt
    Deftones
    The Black Queen (Eustis-DEP project)
    Place To Bury Strangers
    John Carpenter- Lost Themes
    Torche- Restarter
    Big Black Delta
    The Joy Formidable
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Bells Into Machines
    NIN/HTDA

Probably a few others that I can't think of the top of my head, and of course I have to say my own record, which I'm putting out this spring.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    John Carpenter- Lost Themes
    Totally forgot about this one. Yeah, add that to the list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Holy shit this band fucking sucks
    what the fuck is this?

it's like someone took the "slightly noisy version of inspirational anthemic pop rock" like Kings of Leon, and mixed it with the petulant shttiness of some mall-punk band. Fuck these guys.
    Good for you. You listen to what you like and I'll listen to what I like, no harm no foul.
    TBH, I kinda liked Drown. It doesn't sound like what they usually do, and I bet by album 6 it will be dropped from the live show, but as a pop song, its quite good, and if there is one thing we need right now, its good pop songs, as no-one seems to be making those anymore.
    Last edited by UnjollyIrishman; 12-07-2014 at 05:34 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Queens of the Stone Age. I haven't heard any plans but Josh did mention wanting to make another album much sooner than the gap between Vulgaris and Clockwork.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    If they release new albums, I'm looking forward to:

Washed Out
    Grimes
    Lali Puna
    Autechre
    Tokimonsta
    Hammock
    World's End Girlfriend
    Glasser

As well as a bunch of stuff previously mentioned here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hah, I just found out John Carpenter has an album called Lost Themes coming out on Feb. 3.

It's all new stuff he did that sounds like his old film themes.

Do want.

https://soundcloud.com/sacredbones/j...rpenter-vortex

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    this

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Deftones
    Team Sleep
    Faith No More
    Marilyn Manson
    The Dead Weather (I think they're planning on doing something, right?)
    Rob Zombie

Artists I hope will release some stuff (realistically – not hoping for a new Slipknot album in 2015, and so on):
    Tom Waits
    David Lynch
    Swans (a live album documenting the To Be Kind tour)
    Nick Cave
    Sigur Ros
    Run The Jewels

Mentioned
    555 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnjollyIrishman View Post
    Good for you. You listen to what you like and I'll listen to what I like, no harm no foul.
    Of course. I'm not even exactly sure why the song irked me so much.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    My Morning Jacket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Faith No More is the big one for me.

Marilyn Manson

Dillinger escape Plan

Big Black Delta

Soulwax

NIN greatest hits? The Fragile? HTDA?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Deftones(?), NIN(?), HTDA(?), William Elliott Whitmore, Murder by Death, Death Cab for Cutie, and Pete Yorn(?)