Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    No, that wasn't me.

I'm really excited about the new album as much by Manson's attitude as anything else. He seems fired up and really seems to have a handle on things again. From what I have heard of it, I am liking the new music. The album is out in Feb and the tour dates are being announced slowly. I think it is going to be a good year in 2012. Have you seen the Born Villain film?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, I hope the guy who was whining about a new thread is satisfied, he didn't just get a new thread, he got a whole new message board! Way to go bud!

On another note though,

Looks Like Chris Vrenna has officially left the band now that recording is done. He wants to focus on His own stuff like Tweaker and Video game scoring. Looks like MM was holding him back.

This was from www.thegauntlet.com

""I'm incredibly proud of the work I did with Manson and look forward to the release of Born Villain. I wish my brothers well but with the recording largely completed I felt it was time to return to other facets of my career which involves production work, film scoring, and future musical collaborations," explained Vrenna.

Well, can't say I didn't see it coming, although I am sure his contributions to the recording is what will make "Born Villian" decent, I'm just sad that he never stuck around for the tour. Not sure who they are going to get now to kill the positions of keys/drums, but looks like Manson and Twiggy are on their own for this one...

Not like Manson was good on the last tour, but one could always hope he got his act a little together, but with Vrenna gone I can almost assure you the live show will suck as much as it did on the last trek.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    He seems fired up and really seems to have a handle on things again. From what I have heard of it, I am liking the new music.
    People think that every time he's put out an album since 2000. I see the same things pop up on every single message board, saying that this time he'll put something good out, this time he's full of energy and the album's going to be great. I think people just need to accept that the Marilyn Manson from the late 90's is dead and that this is a totally different entity. His music will never reach the levels it did in the 90's and honestly, I'm beginning to realize that most of the quality in the band came from the other members or outside sources - not Marilyn Manson himself.

I would appreciate Marilyn Manson a lot more if he would hang up his act and mature as an artist like Trent Reznor did, instead of acting like a petulant child all the time. It's pathetic to see a 40+ year old man acting like he does. I expect his new album to be superior to his last one, but only because I find it hard to imagine that he could drunkenly slur out something even worse.

As always, I remain ever hopeful that Marilyn Manson's cognitive abilities will return and he will seek to make friendlies with all the talented people that he's alienated over time, and then maybe we'll have the band back together and we could have a good album again, maybe he'll quit the drugs that are so clearly fucking him up and he'll quit pouring that absinthe shit down his throat 24/7. But that's all a pipe-dream, really, and it'll never happen. It's a depressing realization for the longtime Marilyn Manson fan, to understand that Marilyn Manson as a band is dead, but it's something that we all have to come to understand.

When you quit thinking of the modern Marilyn Manson as the same entity as the old Marilyn Manson, then you don't expect anywhere near as much out of them and you're not quite as disappointed when his new albums inevitably shamble out of his drug/absinthe-destroyed mind, burst into your home and then shit and piss all over the place, and then turn to you with a smug smile and asking, "Have I shocked you yet?"