Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yes

here is the link for the supposed full promo leak
    http://theshynola.com/2012/04/born-v...leak/#dllLinks

idk, are you guys convinced?
    http://theshynola.com/about/

If I complete an ad or offer – Will I get a download link?

You will not be give any illegal download links, only the legal alternatives which we provide. There are no hidden or special links given to those who want to complete an offer. Only complete an ad or an offer if you want to – Not because you expect a download or a leaked album, or any other form of copyrighted file, for free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No, it's a fake. Someone else confirmed it.

edit: And just by reading that quote you provided, I think the answer is quite obvious there.
    Last edited by Babali; 04-17-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Aren't you folks glad we don't have to deal with this waiting around and searching the internet for "fake leaks" When a new NIN record hits the web?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vitriol View Post
    here is a longer version of the leaks that i posted longer. only 1:30 though

http://www.mediafire.com/?idv20ex19be6bp6
    Did you unlock the rar with a brute force ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    edit: nvm. fail.
    Last edited by mrvirginia; 04-18-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I wanted this to leak because I'm a fan. I already bought my copies. I hate that it's become such a damn problem to get this early. Before I take flack for saying I'm a fan and want it to leak, I've worked within the dead music business and don't care about the politics anymore. It seems megaupload's death really was the death of the leak. Screw torrent sites- they should just be labeled troll virus sites. Looks like I wait until Japan day to. Which doesn't count as a leak. But with the amount of time I've invested already- I may not care anymore. Trent speaking of his test drive got me more excited the other day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam411 View Post
    I wanted this to leak because I'm a fan. I already bought my copies. I hate that it's become such a damn problem to get this early. Before I take flack for saying I'm a fan and want it to leak, I've worked within the dead music business and don't care about the politics anymore. It seems megaupload's death really was the death of the leak. Screw torrent sites- they should just be labeled troll virus sites. Looks like I wait until Japan day to. Which doesn't count as a leak. But with the amount of time I've invested already- I may not care anymore. Trent speaking of his test drive got me more excited the other day.
    This is a really ignorant post. You need to do some research, megaupload going down wasn't even 1/1,000,000th close to being the death of the leak.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babali View Post
    This is a really ignorant post. You need to do some research, megaupload going down wasn't even 1/1,000,000th close to being the death of the leak.
    Maybe not the 'leak' but it did a good number on the illegal downloading business. I think MegaUpload's bandwidth accounted for something like four percent of the entire internet. And lots of other direct downloading sites are shutting down or capping bandwidth to a unreasonably slow speed. Mediafire has recently started being very adamant about deleting copyright infringing files. Rapidshare cut their speed to ~30kB/s. Tons of other DDL sites have voluntarily shut down.

Torrents aren't all that bad, depending on what you're downloading and what country you're in. Not to mention seedboxes. Those take virtually any danger out of using torrents. And if you download a virus from torrents, you're just as likely to be the type of person who downloads a virus off of MegaUpload or related sites.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sites like Rapidshare and Megaupload have nothing to do with leaks, though. There are a billion of file-uploading/sharing sites out there exactly like them. Leaks happen on a different level and usually start on torrent or IRC or some private server.

Saying torrent sites are "troll virus websites" is just a ridiculous thing to say..
    Last edited by Babali; 04-18-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I agree on all of the above. I just don't have time for those sites. I troll this one as a last resort because I know just like during THEOL... someone will post something before it gets taken down. The idiot Manson forums everywhere pull those things with some sick minded allegiance since they think he checks them all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A lot of times, people with the label will look over forums and see if any copyrighted material is being exchanged, then make a complaint if there is.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So apparently promo streams are being sent out to reviewers. Dunno if this will lead to a leak or not.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    So apparently promo streams are being sent out to reviewers. Dunno if this will lead to a leak or not.
    Do you really mean a stream? Like they're going to stream it from Cooking Vinyl, or is this some industry lingo?

And where did you come across this information?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Read it on Provider Module. Someone said they sent them a stream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, they said it is not a good quality audio (128k) but who cares, I just want to hear the entire album

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    isn't it out in like a week anyway now?

makes you wonder why the label is even bothering sending out "streams" in an attempt to keep the album from leaking?

i mean, how difficult is it to record from streaming audio these days? not very! and at this point, who's gonna bother downloading some crummy stream that's then converted down even further to another mp3, when in a weeks time we can either buy the record or download a lossless rip off the internet anyways?

hmmm...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Who ?
    what is the Url ? or the link of the stream ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    nobody cares about leaks/music since diditleak guy died

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    Who ?
    Obviously the stream is not public

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'm surprised there's still no reviews up. How long before an album is released do reviews start popping up?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    Who ?
    Those promo streams have a serial number, if someone leak them, not sure what can happen, but they can find who did it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm surprised there's still no reviews up. How long before an album is released do reviews start popping up?
    These days anything between 5 days and 3 weeks.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    To say that albums aren't leaking, or that "torrents are troll virus sites" is ludicrous. Albums still leak, and if you haven't noticed that, you haven't been paying much attention.

That said, the album's coming out in a week right? I can understand finding it hard to resist listening to a leak a month in advance, but really, just wait. The officially released version will almost certainly be in better quality than a pre-release leak, and I'd imagine that if you're a fan you'd prefer to listen to it in better quality the first time.

Also, I don't know how you're missing the most obvious reason that it hasn't leaked yet. Manson is no longer on a major label, he can control the material more closely, and it passes through fewer hands. Pre-release copies are probably not being shipped off to review sites and blogs a month in advance, and the distribution is nowhere near as huge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It seems a lot of times reviews are coming after the album is already out these days, but I may be wrong.

And these exclusive streams that they've been doing with journalists the past couple years have been to prevent piracy and have done a fairly decent job at postponing leaks.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    How early before release does an album usually hit stores? It's out in 6 days in Japan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    When I worked at Best Buy back in the day we got new releases either on the Saturday before release or in a really early shipment on release day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    How early before release does an album usually hit stores? It's out in 6 days in Japan.
    i'm really thinking the weekend or late sun/early mon

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I know the mom and pop store by me always has new releases the Friday before and sell them that day. How they haven't gotten into trouble for this I don't know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Was about to post that myself. I wish Lay Down Your Goddamn Arms was one of them but good thing Slo-Mo-Tion is there to hear though.