Page 140 of 191 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 190 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,200 of 5728

Thread: Controversial Music Opinions...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I often hear people bitching about KORN but their entire last album is fucking killer. It's really really good.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    the last 2 are somewhat an improvement but nowhere near as good as the first 2. and despite all the shit david was a way better fit than ray.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I've seen KORN live like three times (against my will, it all was music festivals and i was waiting for the next band to play...) and they are always awful!

They always play almost the same set and they haven't improved much as musicians over time.
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 03-20-2018 at 08:55 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I've seen KORN live like three times (against my will, it all was music festivals and i was waiting for the next band to play...) and they are always awful, they always play almost the same set and they haven't improved as musicians over time.
    I saw a clip of one of their performances on VH1 Classics (before it became MTV Classics) at metal festival and it feels like they're just sticking more and more into what made them popular rather than moving the music forward. I think once that original/classic line-up ended, they weren't the same. Plus, Jonathan Davis always comes across as some whiny little pussy in the interviews he gives to the press.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Since we are on the topic of nu metal...can i ask why it gets so much hate?

Don't tell me Its because of angst...Alice in Chains have angst and no one complains about their lyrics (being good at lyrics is another thing entirely...aic being one of them)

Don't also tell me Its because its all powers chords because, once again, Jerry does that ALOT. Much of aic songs are so fucking simple...i mean... The main riff for Rooster is just two chords that change slightly being F to F11 then Ab to Ab add 9....its not complicated at all.

Korn up until Head left have been perfectly fine. "Korn" and "Issues" are fucking awesome and "Untouchables" has some great stuff too.

Nu metal gave us Deftones too.

So i hate it when like literally almost every person that has influenced that genera...Trent, Mike Patton, Page Hamilton, Tim C etc...has basically said nothing but bad things about it.

Im sure that must feel good when Mike Patton says he had nothing to do with influencing them and "it was their mothers fault" and calling them cry babies or something.

Dude......do you even know what happened to Jonathan Davis as a child? He has every right to feel like he was on those albums...that shit.does not go away. Same thing happened to Corey Taylor and Chester...

And lets not forget how nu metal was like therapy for a lot of people...helping people with dealing with depression, loss and other stuff...that's a good thing to have. It's helped me.

It beats the alternative...being dead

Also Eddie Veddar didn't invent a new singing style...its been done before

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    old Korn:

new Korn:

So yeah....I'm gonna go with old Korn.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Since we are on the topic of nu metal...can i ask why it gets so much hate?

Don't tell me Its because of angst...Alice in Chains have angst and no one complains about their lyrics (being good at lyrics is another thing entirely...aic being one of them)

Don't also tell me Its because its all powers chords because, once again, Jerry does that ALOT. Much of aic songs are so fucking simple...i mean... The main riff for Rooster is just two chords that change slightly being F to F11 then Ab to Ab add 9....its not complicated at all.

Korn up until Head left have been perfectly fine. "Korn" and "Issues" are fucking awesome and "Untouchables" has some great stuff too.

Nu metal gave us Deftones too.

So i hate it when like literally almost every person that has influenced that genera...Trent, Mike Patton, Page Hamilton, Tim C etc...has basically said nothing but bad things about it.

Im sure that must feel good when Mike Patton says he had nothing to do with influencing them and "it was their mothers fault" and calling them cry babies or something.

Dude......do you even know what happened to Jonathan Davis as a child? He has every right to feel like he was on those albums...that shit.does not go away. Same thing happened to Corey Taylor and Chester...

And lets not forget how nu metal was like therapy for a lot of people...helping people with dealing with depression, loss and other stuff...that's a good thing to have. It's helped me.

It beats the alternative...being dead

Also Eddie Veddar didn't invent a new singing style...its been done before
    For most people the problem with nu metal does not lie with the "pioneers" of the genre or the lyrics subject matter, the issue is what came out of it, the second wave of bands, each one more shitty than the previous. Same goes with grunge, the big 4 and the big 6 before them were fine but then it turned sour and stuff like creed and bush happened.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Eidt: ^ beat me to it.

Nu-Metal gets shit on because most nu-metal bands generally sucked. Just like most bands that tried to be "alternative" generally sucked. Yes you have Korn, Deftones etc, but like Soundgarden, Nirvana, etc, they never tried to be what their musical genre tag implied them to be.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Eidt: ^ beat me to it.

Nu-Metal gets shit on because most nu-metal bands generally sucked. Just like most bands that tried to be "alternative" generally sucked. Yes you have Korn, Deftones etc, but like Soundgarden, Nirvana, etc, they never tried to be what their musical genre tag implied them to be.
    I feel like Deftones were the only band that really evolved and continued to make interesting music as I think it's insulting to call them nu-metal as a lot of those bands in the genre sucked as I often prefer to call it "mall metal".

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Well...grunge wasn't really a thing to begin with. Nirvana didn't sound like alice which didn't sound like SG who didn't sound like pearl jam who didn't sound like STP etc.

But every genera has a shitty band to come out from it, so why focus on nu metal and post grunge ill never know why.

Also can i ask why people say Fred Durst is a dick?

Dont say the slipknot thing because that didn't actually happen.

The only thing that comes to mind is the thing with Taproot but that's it.

Don't say Woodstock either. That wasn't his fault either.

I get it. He isn't that great of a singer, rapper or lyrical writer...but from what ive seen of him...dude is pretty chill

And to go back to korn...yeah JD has a big mouth...not as bad as Corey Taylor..but still

Also Creed has a few bangers. My Own Prison is a pretty good album and i love the song Bullets and ever since Stapp solved his unknown bipolar problem, he isn't an asshole anymore

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    It's just that Fred Durst is an asshole on and off the stage. He thought he was hot shit when the 2nd album came out and became Interscope's vice president for a while. He said some things about Trent a long time ago that I'm sure pissed off every one here in this forum. He made claims that he fucked Christina Aguilera which is why he performed w/ her at the 2000 VMAs.

No, Scott Stapp is still a douche. Biopolar or not. I don't care. He's still an asshole.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    It's just that Fred Durst is an asshole on and off the stage. He thought he was hot shit when the 2nd album came out and became Interscope's vice president for a while. He said some things about Trent a long time ago that I'm sure pissed off every one here in this forum. He made claims that he fucked Christina Aguilera which is why he performed w/ her at the 2000 VMAs.

No, Scott Stapp is still a douche. Biopolar or not. I don't care. He's still an asshole.
    What exactly did he say? Also how is Scott still a douche?

Also why are you so aggressive in these posts? At least it looks like it, i could be wrong

I mean...everyone lies, i dunno what makes him so special. Everyone has fucked everyone both physically and mentally...nothing new tbh.

I've also read that Fred is only acting that way to put on an act and wasn't being serious about it.... Could be wrong though.

I can't really judge him from just other people saying that how he is without much to go on...people call me a real life Devil's advocate to a dot and i refuse to change that about me.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Also why are you so aggressive in these posts? At least it looks like it, i could be wrong

I mean...everyone lies, i dunno what makes him so special. Everyone has fucked everyone both physically and mentally...nothing new tbh.

I've also read that Fred is only acting that way to put on an act and wasn't being serious about it.... Could be wrong though.

I can't really judge him from just other people saying that how he is without much to go on...people call me a real life Devil's advocate to a dot and i refuse to change that about me.
    Well, I guess you didn't hear about what happened with Art of Anarchy. The band is suing Stapp. Plus, do you really think he's changed from being a dick?

Durst is just evil.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Also can i ask why people say Fred Durst is a dick?
    fred durst is a giant misogynist (as are many other men in the world of rock music), a homophobe, and just a general asshole, and he's not shy about it.

one article with some glowing examples from back in 2003

and another although with terrible spacing/kerning that makes it hard to read

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

why do you feel the need to play "devil's advocate" for rich, famous people? literally NO ONE ever needs to play devil's advocate. instead of dancing around trying to defend people who are not good people, invest your time into supporting people who are.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Okay i admit that is some pretty asshole things and i wasnt aware of them

But people can still change.

And yes im aware of the thing with Stapp but he hasn't responded to it so im holding my opinion until then

I give every one a fair chance. I don't give people special passes no matter how nice or famous they are.

Im not a pessimistic at all. I'm probably the most optimistic person on this form. Always have been.

I won't excuse Fred from those actions but people can change and turn their life around

Scott and Fred are no different

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Excusing their behavior just because they COULD change is definitely giving them a special pass.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    No. Im not. Im not excusing them for what they did. Its inexcusable.

But im sure we all like people who have done asshole things to them.

I mean...take my opinion with a grain of salt...im not exactly good at explaining my reasons...im much better actually saying it face to face.

They both have does plenty of asshole things and that does make them an asshole for doing it

But they can stop being assholes too.

Im just not really biased...not sure if that's the right word.

I dunno...maybe this doesn't make any sense....it sounds logical in my head....but i have aspergers so a lot of things sound logical in my head when some of them don't so who the fuck knows.

I just don't like assuming that they haven't changed....and it's not that i won't ever, i just haven't really seen it at a constant rate lately.

Again...take this all with a grain of salt cuz im not trying to dickish or ignorant...and i apologize in advance if i am.

Just how i am

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Sure they could, but they haven't yet. Having the opportunity to not be an asshole doesn't stop you from being an asshole in the present, ya know?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Sure they could, but they haven't yet. Having the opportunity to not be an asshole doesn't stop you from being an asshole in the present, ya know?
    Okay...show me the most recent thing that Fred has done to be a dick

And no ..putting out music doesn't count.

Because last time a heard from him, he was grieving over Chesters death like the rest of us

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    But...at this point im gonna leave it at that...sorry again

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    No. Im not. Im not excusing them for what they did. Its inexcusable.

But im sure we all like people who have done asshole things to them.

I mean...take my opinion with a grain of salt...im not exactly good at explaining my reasons...im much better actually saying it face to face.

They both have does plenty of asshole things and that does make them an asshole for doing it

Im just not really biased...not sure if that's the right word.

I dunno...maybe this doesn't make any sense....it sounds logical in my head....but i have aspergers so a lot of things sound logical in my head when some of them don't so who the fuck knows.

I just don't like assuming that they haven't changed....and it's not that i won't ever, i just haven't really seen it at a constant rate lately.

Again...take this all with a grain of salt cuz im not trying to dickish or ignorant...and i apologize in advance if i am.

Just how i am
    Which areas of mental gymnastics do you feel strongest at? Floor exercise? Uneven bars?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Which areas of mental gymnastics do you feel strongest at? Floor exercise? Uneven bars?
    I don't get it

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I feel Nu-metal took the angst and self pity of earlier genres or artists and turned it into some meaner form of empowering by combining the worst parts of Rock and Rap. It basically treated women like "bitches" and gays like "faggots" in song lyrics and sold it as being rebellious. In Grunge you felt sorry for yourself and worried about other people - the victims, the outsiders and loosers, you know, anti-bully. While in Nu-metal other people seemed to represent the/your problem, so it basically turned loosers into bullies. To me, most of the lyrics made it sound as if you're surrounded by bad people that not even didn't ever have it as bad as you, but also thought they were better than you. So fuck them, right? And, to me, all that sounded ridiculous and cringe-worthy back then and still does.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I feel like Deftones were the only band that really evolved and continued to make interesting music as I think it's insulting to call them nu-metal as a lot of those bands in the genre sucked as I often prefer to call it "mall metal".
    I never legitimized that term. I felt it was simply a continuation of the alternative tag. Just for the next thing. I just used Deftones for an example as i think they may have been mentioned above.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    They definitely flirted with that stuff, but it's totally unfair to lump them in

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Deftones go the "Nu Metal" tag off after "White Pony", i guess even they understood that the whole "bro-rap-angst" act was getting old and they flirted with The Cure and Mogwai, mixing it with his metal influences.

It worked great for them, but i found a funny thing: some of the old Deftones fans HATE the "new" Deftones (at least many close friends...), they love the first three albums but don't go pass that, needless to say: many of them have a limited musical taste.

Korn in another hand became more and more repetitive and got the terrible idea of flirting with dubstep (got nothing against it, but it's so dated), that and the lack of interesting concepts made them a dull band.
    I still like the first four Korn albums, but they got old really fast
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 03-22-2018 at 09:53 AM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    I feel Nu-metal took the angst and self pity of earlier genres or artists and turned it into some meaner form of empowering by combining the worst parts of Rock and Rap. It basically treated women like "bitches" and gays like "faggots" in song lyrics and sold it as being rebellious. In Grunge you felt sorry for yourself and worried about other people - the victims, the outsiders and loosers, you know, anti-bully. While in Nu-metal other people seemed to represent the/your problem, so it basically turned loosers into bullies. To me, most of the lyrics made it sound as if you're surrounded by bad people that not even didn't ever have it as bad as you, but also thought they were better than you. So fuck them, right? And, to me, all that sounded ridiculous and cringe-worthy back then and still does.

Care to show me examples? I've listen to a lot of nu metal and don't really remember that.

I could be wrong of course

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    "All In The Family" by Korn comes to mind. Just read the lyrics. It's supposed to be some kind of funny, I guess. Still, lyrics like "it's just too bad that you're a fag" or "you pumpkin pie, I'll jack off in your eye" speak volumes, I think.
    Tasteless lyrics aside those are just awfully bad, too.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    "All In The Family" by Korn comes to mind. Just read the lyrics. It's supposed to be some kind of funny, I guess. Still, lyrics like "it's just too bad that you're a fag" or "you pumpkin pie, I'll jack off in your eye" speak volumes, I think.
    Tasteless lyrics aside those are just awfully bad, too.
    Oh that song

Korn was really drunk on that album. They spent over 40K on alcohol.

Jon has come to say that is by far the worst song they ever did and they never should have released it...maybe as like a stupid song.

But yeah...all really drunk. That how that song happened.

"That's what a bunch of Jack Daniel's does to you" to quote Jon.

So yeah..it was a mistake and Jon got sober after that album and made their best album imo