Page 20 of 182 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    We need to be New Apartment Buddies, Dra.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I smell a sitcom!
    Actually, I really want to do a webseries with my friend. She's basically living in the pilot for a sitcom/reality show. She broke up with boyfriend of 9 years, and moved in with a flamboyent gay makeup artist. The two of them are fucking hilarious together.

Example: She was going to go camping, and her friend comes to pick her up. Friend and roommate have never met, so OBVIOUSLY the first thing out of roommate's mouth isn't an introduction, but "How many gays does it take to screw in a lightbulb? ANAL SEX!"

Poetry.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    I smell a sitcom!
    If you could write my dialogue, I'm in!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I'M ON IT! Emmy time!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Waking up two hours early, after a full night of sleep, of my own free will! Feels pretty good. All showered and ready, I'm even eating breakfast, and I still have more than two hours before I need to catch the bus to campus. Today's agenda -

-Study up for a quiz I've got this morning
    -Finish applying at all the places I wanna work
    -Go back by the museum to see the ceremony marking the completion of the Tibetan monks' mandala, and finally apply for some volunteer work (from what I've seen, it looks like the ENTIRE volunteer staff is cute college girls, so, ya know...)
    -Clean up my place
    -Finish off all my homework and note-consolidating by tonight and read more of Cloud Atlas (I LOVE this book so far)
    -Solve world hunger

Eh. That's about all I can think of right now.

And something really awesome happened. Yesterday, not only did my mom text me to tell me that she'd put $60 in my bank account, but something I ordered online had to be refunded for some kind of problem with manufacturing, so I got $40 back from that, so now I have an extra $100 sitting in my bank account again :P I guess karma DID work in my favor, heh.

Edit: The mandala ceremony was great! They handed out small packets of the sand as everyone left, and after that, the remaining people followed the monks all the way across campus in the rain and wind and watched them pour the rest into the pond. And everyone there was SO NICE, it was a really great atmosphere. I had to buy a bracelet and a little hand-made notebook afterwards. Now, I've got the little bag of sand tacked above my bedroom door. Ya know, to bring peace and ward evil and what-not. :P
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 09-07-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Today's Google Doodle. The nerd in me squealed.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    When your girlfriend sends you a picture message of her booty showing off her new bikini bottoms...

(Though it kinda is a bummer at the same time because she's heading out to surf...in Florida...and I'm in Buffalo )

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    I'M ON IT! Emmy time!
    I get to be Janet, theruiner is Chrissie Snow. That leaves Fixer808 as Jack Tripper.

Got my new cable setup all by myself. I rawk.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    This is gonna get sexy.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

This is going to be my theme for work tomorrow.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Glazed donut vodka!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    My buddies wife little old April,punched some abusive fucktard in the face last night. She feels bad for hitting someone god damn im proud of her.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Glazed donut vodka!
    I saw that at the shop last night! It literally stopped me in my tracks! I might have to get a bottle soon.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by REPLICA View Post
    I saw that at the shop last night! It literally stopped me in my tracks! I might have to get a bottle soon.
    It's not bad at all! It's a bit of a confusing taste, but the aftertaste is delicious. And it's 35%, so...

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    It's not bad at all! It's a bit of a confusing taste, but the aftertaste is delicious. And it's 35%, so...
    I've had whipped cream flavored vodka. Apparently, we drank most of one bottle, it goes down that easy. I think I'm carry a few extra pounds because of it. Suuuuuuuugaaaaaarrrr.

I managed to run and go to yoga today AND not eat any crap. Day 1 of having a scale again.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Unexpected night off!
    I'm gonna go completely nuts and go grocery shopping!! CRAAAAAAAAY-CRAY!

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Went fencing yesteday which I was planning to do for a few years now and I even did pretty good. Felt amazing afterwards!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Went fencing yesteday which I was planning to do for a few years now and I even did pretty good. Felt amazing afterwards!
    I tried out a free 2hr lesson in Renaissance fencing at this place a while ago! SOOO much fun but muscles were on fire the next day! Rapier fencing was what I tried, they also have broadsword combat, jousting, quarterstaff, falconry, etc. Wanna get back into it.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Haha, tell me about it! I'm usually in pretty good shape but really neglected my legs for years so they are burning like hell right now. Signed up for a 3 month membership just now to see where this takes me. I hope the fun stays, but I'm quite sure about that.

I was there for 5h. Did all kinds of exercises and got to know the very basics of it. After that we put on the gear and went into one hour of straight classic foil fencing while trying to incorporate what we learned earlier. The most fun I ever had at a gym!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    About to leave for a week long road trip through the great Pacific Northwest.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    I was there for 5h. Did all kinds of exercises and got to know the very basics of it. After that we put on the gear and went into one hour of straight classic foil fencing while trying to incorporate what we learned earlier. The most fun I ever had at a gym!
    Look for someone to fence épée with you, and see if you like it! I think it's more fun without having to worry about right-of-way, but that's just me.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    My girlfriend booked her flight this afternoon to come visit me in 3 weeks!!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Started talks with friends (and former bandmates) to restart the ol' band, as well as a side-project! We'll see how well this is going to work, because the three of us live in Vancouver, Portland, and Toronto... It'll be an interesting challenge to record.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    My girlfriend is coming up in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    My body is sore for all the right reasons.....

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Took a day off and am at a bar by myself working on pint number 3. Living the dream!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a rare night off from job #2. Part of me wants to just go home from job 1 and sleep, the other wants to go do something stupid since I rarely get that chance anymore. Either way, being home from work at 530 will be nice

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    Took a day off and am at a bar by myself working on pint number 3. Living the dream!
    Rebel.......

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    My school had debited my account for tuition and left my account with $15 for the next two weeks, so I told my dad about it and he said he'd give me some money next week till I got paid. Lo and behold as soon as I got off class, I checked my bank account and my mom had sent me money with a note saying "don't worry about it". I seriously love my parents and cherish them and I hope some of you guys feel the same way about yours.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Listening to 45s on the ancient turntable that sounds amazing for what it is. Phil Spector was such a great music producer. Too bad he was a shit human being.