Thread: Marilyn Manson

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    As far as the streaming numbers go, I think it's simply that Manson has released more albums than NIN in the past decade, which has let him be somewhat more in the public concious than NIN.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post
    Not American here and certainly not a fan of Trump, but I really don't understand the divisiveness of every subject. Everything has to be labelled either right wing or left wing? So Manson must have a lot of idiot Trump supporting right wing fans because his streaming numbers are better than NIN?
    No, it's because he was "cancelled", right wing folks had embraced a lot of folks who were cancelled and that isn't news. Look at his subreddit or Twitter and you'll see why this was mentioned, althought you're also right about him being more commercial than NIN.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    As far as the streaming numbers go, I think it's simply that Manson has released more albums than NIN in the past decade, which has let him be somewhat more in the public concious than NIN.
    Continuing from my other sentence: MM has always been more commercial than NIN + he has a bigger appeal to a younger audience due to his music being more catchy and accessible + his imagery.

NIN had some younger audience increase on the last years but Manson always had that because he always kept his shock rocker image intact (even being an bloated alcoholic on stage who couldn't finish a song) while Trent after getting sober shaved his head and got jacked and dressing like your average Joe. The "teenage rebel mall goth" doesn't care about the later, at least not before completing 18.