Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Patton

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    So, this is the album cover, can't say i'm surprised, it's so "Faith No More"

WOW. I dont know how to feel about that.

also...

http://marvel.com/news/comics/24157/...hero_to_marvel

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    That Marvel interview was nice, never thought i would hear FMN directly from the Marvel site...

The album cover is Ok, in many ways similar to "Album of the year" (Black and white photograph with ironic overtones, both strange and mundane).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    CD and vinyl pre-orders for the album are up on amazon. Looks like it is being released via ipecac.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    It's up to preorder in iTunes, too with "Superhero" available as the preorder track...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Pre-ordered.

I love the new track and also dug the hell out of Motherfucker. Cone of Shame sounds like it's going to be badass too. This album is going to kick ass.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Superhero single delayed because of weather

http://www.metalsucks.net/2015/03/13...ero-7-delayed/

Anyone notice that the beginning of Malpractice samples the beginning of Nirvana's Floyd The Barber?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm going to the Austin date

Pre-sale for the following dates will begin on Wednesday, April 8th at 10:00 AM local time.
    The password will be posted on Facebook and Twitter shortly before on-sale time.

July 26 Austin Music Hall Austin, TX United States Get Tickets
    July 27 South Side Ballroom Dallas, TX United States Get Tickets
    July 28 Bayou Music Center Houston, TX United States Get Tickets
    July 30 Masquerade Music Park Atlanta, GA United States Get Tickets
    July 31 Red Hat Amphitheater Raleigh, NC United States Get Tickets
    August 1 Skyline Stage at the Mann Center for the Performing Arts Philadelphia, PA United States Get Tickets
    August 2 Merriweather Post Pavilion Columbia, MD United States Get Tickets
    August 4 Blue Hills Bank Pavilion Boston, MA United States Get Tickets
    August 5 Madison Square Garden New York, NY United States
    August 7 Ricoh Coliseum Toronto, ON Canada Get Tickets

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Just managed to get second row for the Boston show in August!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sol Invictus is out there in the usual palces. Halfway through listening

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd_dhr View Post
    Cool.... will need to find it ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
    Cool.... will need to find it ...
    search your soul and ye shall find.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    What are your thoughts on it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've read some early reviews hinting that the production quality isn't the best. I'm hoping the copy I'm listening to is just a bad rip and the real album will sound much better.

This will be a bit of a grower for most people, I think, but it is as varied as you would expect a Faith No More album to sound. Nothing to be disappointed with. Looking forward to my import copy and hoping the bonus track is more than a remix.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    not a huge FNM fan but this is an entertaining listen for sure, Patton is Patton... the rip is crap tho, waiting may be in order for anyone who wants to hear it nicely, of course it may be compressed as hell on CD too...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    What are your thoughts on it?
    I think it's going to take a few listens, but initially, liking every track - Some of it reminded me of Mit Gas era Tomahawk.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I think it's going to take a few listens, but initially, liking every track - Some of it reminded me of Mit Gas era Tomahawk.

is it me or does this album at times sound like demo quality... low quality rip aside.

There's something seemingly off of how the vocals are mixed to loud in part, too much reverb at times maybe. I noticed when he doubles up the takes kinda clash with one another.

Something seems off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I caved in and listened to the leak. Very promising, but it's definitely going to be a slow burner type of album. Patton's vocals definitely are reminiscent of Tomahawk which is not a bad thing. The rip was definitely not the best, but I'm happy that they released something they are proud of. 10/10

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Hmm so i don't suppose there are any songs on the new FNM album that are just straight up singing or crooning? if the material is more like Tomahawk i guess there's nothing on there like an Ashes to Ashes, Midlife Crisis, Easy, Evidence or A Small Victory? (all of which are some of my favorite FNM songs)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got tickets for the Glasgow show this morning, will be my first time seeing them, really looking forward to it

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Hmm so i don't suppose there are any songs on the new FNM album that are just straight up singing or crooning? if the material is more like Tomahawk i guess there's nothing on there like an Ashes to Ashes, Midlife Crisis, Easy, Evidence or A Small Victory? (all of which are some of my favorite FNM songs)
    I would say there are a lot of great singing moments on the album that are pop bliss. Nothing that really sounds like the songs you mentioned. I'm not sure what to compare the sound of sol invictus. It's not the best record since angel dust but it's certainly the most consistent. Not really any filler on here, infact it feels a little short much like MIT gas did. Upon further listening, this record lives up the fnm legacy. So nice that keyboards are an integral part of the sound again. Riot at the salad bar. Black Friday.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I would say that FNM's "Crooning" songs are most of the time tongue-in-cheek, look at "Easy", it's one of FNM's most popular songs ever and it wasn't even on the original release.
    It's true that all the Patton albums have at least one "crooning" song ("Edge of the world", "Easy", "Just a Man"/ "I started a joke" and "Ashes to Ashes"; though this one might be a stretch...), but most of the time they are bonus tracks that have not much to do with the album, i guess they decided they didn't need one this time.

BTW, i haven't heard "Sol Invictus", i don't want to listen to a poor audio rip and i prefer to wait for the actual release to enjoy this album like it's supposed to...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Running game in the Faith No More thread. Here's some crooning for you lastdisciple.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I would say there are a lot of great singing moments on the album that are pop bliss. Nothing that really sounds like the songs you mentioned. I'm not sure what to compare the sound of sol invictus. It's not the best record since angel dust but it's certainly the most consistent. Not really any filler on here, infact it feels a little short much like MIT gas did. Upon further listening, this record lives up the fnm legacy. So nice that keyboards are an integral part of the sound again. Riot at the salad bar. Black Friday.
    I dunno, I think Sunny Side Up is very singalongey, kind of.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    drip drip...

i'm only halfway through so far, but the album is pretty damn good. as mentioned there is a lot of love for synths on here, which is very welcome after all these years! as for the length--- i would much prefer a mean and lean record to a 70 minute filler disc any day of the week. quality > quantity.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    The initial reviews are not very favorable
    Really? I've heard nothing but positive reviews so far. I searched for a download, but couldn't find any direct downloads that didn't make me take a survey for some sort of scam site. Meh. I'll wait, I guess. I pre-ordered it.
    Last edited by caca; 04-17-2015 at 09:31 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    It fucking pisses me off when these bands get back together and their first new release after 20 years off is some scant, 10-song, 35 minute wankfest.

"Thanks for waiting 3/4 of your natural life for us to decide we want to be a band again. Here's a half hour of music so we have something new to tour behind for your patience!"

Not saying Sol Invictus is going to be this, but I'm really hoping it's not. The initial reviews are not very favorable
    Still would prefer a 35 minute wankfest than 0 minutes. Perspective.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Doesn't really come off as a FNM album. Has a real tomahawk kind of vibe to it. It's short. But at least it's not an album to linger on too long. Aside from that, it's a pretty good album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It does have a Tomahawk vibe to it, but that may just be Patton's vocal delivery these days.