Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Patton

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I will finally get to see FNM! Losing it over here! First Slowdive now FNM...two awesome bands I never thought I'd get to see and it is going to happen!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    At least we have a "light at the end of the tunnel", if we were able to wait 17 years a few more months doesn't sound as a big wait...
    True but unknowingly waiting and knowingly waiting is the difference LOL this is gonna be a painful few months. AHHHHHH

Can't freakin' wait!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    True but unknowingly waiting and knowingly waiting is the difference LOL this is gonna be a painful few months. AHHHHHH

Can't freakin' wait!
    Shhhh... i'm already losing patience...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That's awesome, just awesome news.

It's odd to get excited about new music from a band that separated almost 20 years ago, but Faith No More is kinda similar to NIN in the sense that they always go for the unexpected. And, the result being good or not ( mostly it is, at least for me ), at least they always have an interesting take on their music. Some say that's art.

One thing is sure: if anyone here can get to one of their future concerts, DO IT!! Since their comeback the band made two concerts here in Brazil, in 2009 and 2011, and both were absolutely amazing, stealing far away the spotlight from all the other acts in the bills. The guys are a thousand leagues better onstage today than they previously were ( and they were already really good back then ).

I'm so definitely heading to the US to catch one of these gigs next year!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I've seen one of the Brazil shows and liked it a lot! the "Second coming" shows were awesome i attended 2: Mexico City and Roskilde Denmark, both of them classic!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    What I really want from the new album: lots of Roddy Bottum. Keyboards have been a bit relegated since KFAD.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Another album in the vein of "Angel Dust" or "The Real Thing" would rule, but i'm guessing they'll follow the same line of "Album of the year" and "King for a Day..." (most songs they played on the tour came from those two albums), still we'll have to wait and see...

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    AOTY was a big disappointment to me when it came out, because stylistically, it's basically a more polished version of KFAD. Unlike between IY/TRT/AD/KFAD there was no real creative growth, and that's why it also wasn't such a surprise it turned out to be their last. I did grow to love it, in due time.
    But now...I don't really mind if it does turn out to be another album in the AOTY/KFAD vein. I hope it's good. Too long has passed to expect it to be a game-changer like their best releases were, but I really hope for some thrilling moments. I hope it spans the spectrum of massive pop and noisy metal like nobody but FNM can do.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    AOTY was a big disappointment to me when it came out, because stylistically, it's basically a more polished version of KFAD. Unlike between IY/TRT/AD/KFAD there was no real creative growth, and that's why it also wasn't such a surprise it turned out to be their last. I did grow to love it, in due time.
    But now...I don't really mind if it does turn out to be another album in the AOTY/KFAD vein. I hope it's good. Too long has passed to expect it to be a game-changer like their best releases were, but I really hope for some thrilling moments. I hope it spans the spectrum of massive pop and noisy metal like nobody but FNM can do.
    After what Patton has done with Peeping Tom, Fantomas, Tomahawk, the Mondo Cane stuff...I think it should be great. His resume's got a lot more stuff and that should show on the album.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    So new FNM single this year and album and tour next year!! woo!

https://www.facebook.com/fnmblog/posts/715594771843835

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I can't wait for this album....

Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post
    So new FNM single this year and album and tour next year!! woo!

https://www.facebook.com/fnmblog/posts/715594771843835

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Didn't even know this new project was happening. Great news is that it comes out next month. Love what I'm hearing in the first track:

http://diffuser.fm/mike-patton-tetema-stream-tenz/

Kinda sounds like.........ehhh can't even say! Sounds like something Patton would be involved in.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    Didn't even know this new project was happening. Great news is that it comes out next month. Love what I'm hearing in the first track:

http://diffuser.fm/mike-patton-tetema-stream-tenz/

Kinda sounds like.........ehhh can't even say! Sounds like something Patton would be involved in.
    fuck that was cool. super excited about this album! i love it when he collaborates with people who are as out there as him (a la Patton/Kaada).

edit: vinyl's only $10.99 on amazon (CD is $13.99?)
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 11-10-2014 at 09:14 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Patton and Bottum apparently resisted making new FNM material

http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/11/05...w-faith-album/

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Fantomas has two shows scheduled in Chile, with The Melvins, in December: http://www.puntoticket.com/Evento.aspx?EventoID=TRAN36

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There we go! The first new Faith No More song is officially out, guys: hear "Motherfucker"!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Enjoyable song. Likey

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Liked too, the chorus is catchy as fuck (Pun intended)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Fucking HELL, have I missed this band. Liking the new track, & Patton's voice sounds as amazing as ever. A friend commented that parts of it remind him of some weird, modern version of The Little Drummer Boy, which I thought was kind of funny.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ohhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Is that Roddy singing the verses?

Either way, the new song is tits. Can't wait to hear the full-length and catch them on tour.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yes it's Roddy.

What I like most about the new song is that it shows they're still Faith No More.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Not really a fan of this song: I find it a bit lazy, trying to be kinda humorous, and sort of failing; I am sure the album will be enjoyable on some level, though those stories about Patton not wanting to do it don't bode well. I get a "Ah OK guys, let's do this if you insist" vibe from this song.

How many reunions really did churn out amazing material? Exactly.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    throbbing gristle

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Not really a fan of this song: I find it a bit lazy, trying to be kinda humorous, and sort of failing; I am sure the album will be enjoyable on some level, though those stories about Patton not wanting to do it don't bode well. I get a "Ah OK guys, let's do this if you insist" vibe from this song.

I don't know, man, this sounds GREAT! I had low expectations but I was pleasantly surprised. FNM will deliver, don't you worry.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    FNM won't just do this and take a piss on their legacy. I concur, they will deliver.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

He had to be dragged kicking and screaming to record AOTY as well.....the story there was he went on tour with Bungle, came back, they had a dozen songs written and he basically tossed em all in the garbage and made them start over. eventually when it was time to record he recorded vocals in just a few days

new song isnt impressive because I cant fathom why you would take Mike Patton and make him do backup vocals

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    He had to be dragged kicking and screaming to record AOTY as well.....the story there was he went on tour with Bungle, came back, they had a dozen songs written and he basically tossed em all in the garbage and made them start over. eventually when it was time to record he recorded vocals in just a few days
    Source? Never heard of this before.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Source? Never heard of this before.

Yeah this sounds suspect. I remember hearing that John Hudson wrote a few of the best songs on that record like Collision and Stripsearch while Patton wrote numbers like Phone Home and possibly Naked infront computer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    new song isnt impressive because I cant fathom why you would take Mike Patton and make him do backup vocals
    Because it's FNM and they never, ever do what people expect them to.