Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Meshuggah

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    better setlist maybe, but it sounds significantly worse. i dunno how you can take a direct out from an immaculately-programmed AxeFX and get such a shit guitar sound!

has anyone watched the bluray? it looks amazing but besides the mix being poor, the songs play noticeably slower. i kinda wonder if Nuclear Blast didn't absolutely fuck this up like their usual rush jobs.
    Haven't watched the BluRay. The speakers in my car are pretty crap (and that was my first listen...I know, I know, but I needed something to keep me awake during the drive, I partied hard the night before). In a "feel" kind of way, yeah this record hit me better than "Alive". To be honest I'm not an audiophile by any means...I just remember the drums having a very flat sound in "Alive", which disappointed me to some extent. Meshuggah's drums in the studio sound huge, but in that album (Alive) the drum sound was a letdown. They kinda sounded like Lars Ulrich's drums in St. Anger (hopefully I'm getting my point across).

Apparently the sound in "Ophidian Trek" was processed and edited by guitarist Fredrik Thordendal...
    Last edited by cahernandez; 10-13-2014 at 12:50 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Taken from their facebook page. I didn't expect a new Devin Townsend Project and Meshuggah album this year. I can hardly wait for the releases!
    Meshuggah have revealed the title of the upcoming eighth album, The Violent Sleep Of Reason. Inspired by a Goya painting called, "The Sleep Of Reason Produces Monsters," the album will be released on October 7, 2016 via Nuclear Blast Records.
    Watch the album reveal video below.
    The album was produced by the band and was engineered by Tue Madsen of Puk Studios in Kaerby, Denmark. For the cover, the band once again enlisted Keerych Luminokaya who created the artwork for Koloss and The Ophidian Trek as well as the new images for each of the 7 albums and 3 EP's featured in the 25 Years of Musical Deviance box set.
    The Violent Sleep Of Reason will be available in the following formats:
    • CD Digipak
    • Black Double LP
    • Blue/Brown Splatter Double LP
    • T-shirt Bundle (Includes digipak & poster; available in sizes: S-XXL) *
    • Mail-Order Exclusive Box Set*
    o Limited to 1,000 worldwide
    o Includes: Latex face mask, (2) stickers, (2) 1.25” buttons, poster flag, certificate of authenticity
    Pre-order The Violent Sleep Of Reason in the format of your choice at http://nuclearblast.com/meshuggah-violentsleep.
    Or digitally on
    iTunes: http://nblast.de/MeshViolentSleepIT
    Amazon: http://nblast.de/MeshViolentSleepAMZMP3
    Google Play: http://nblast.de/MeshViolentSleepGP
    Track listing:
    1. Clockworks
    2. Born in Dissonance
    3. MonstroCity
    4. By the Ton
    5. Violent Sleep of Reason
    6. Ivory Tower
    7. Stifled
    8. Nostrum
    9. Our Rage Won’t Die
    10. Into Decay
    Catch MESHUGGAH on the North American Fall 2016 tour with High On Fire. Dates and tickets at bit.ly/meshuggah-on-tour

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Preordered. The fact is, if you don't get Meshuggah vinyl when it's first released, it will stay out of print until the label does a super-ripoff anniversary box set. I'm thankful the preview 30 seconds indicates their production value has gone up and the leads have gotten spacier.

I hope someday they have the balls to do a drone song/record. The end of I is too short, and they already do it in between songs live.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Taken from their facebook page. I didn't expect a new Devin Townsend Project and Meshuggah album this year. I can hardly wait for the releases!
    what did everyone think of “The Violent Sleep of Reason”? It put it on this week and nothing grabbed me. I also recently listened to “Koloss” and I think that one is catchier, it has more memorable songs (my favorite is still Nothing...I just re-read the whole thread and was surprised to read that some of you were put off by its repetitiveness, that’s what I like the most about it, but I can understand why someone wouldn’t like the repetition).

According to their Instagram they are recording a new album. Gotta admit that I’m not super excited about it, I think they peaked with ObZen (number 2 in my book) and have gone downhill since then.
    Last edited by cahernandez; 04-01-2021 at 08:31 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I like pretty much everything they've done, but Chaosphere is where I got introduced and is still my favorite. Savage record. Violent Sleep is a good album for sure imo.