Thread: What are you playing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Found my PS1 memory card so I'm playing through Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions again.

Getting to play as Gray Fox is so exciting.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Got this from Target for $10.00. Glad I did, it's wonderful! Gonna have to go get the other 2 games sometime. Never really cared for this series before now but I think my opinions have changed.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    Found my PS1 memory card so I'm playing through Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions again.

Getting to play as Gray Fox is so exciting.
    Gah, I was so disappointed. I found a used copy of this the other day in some local store and it was all scuffed up to hell and back. I wanted to buy it, but that baby was beyond saving. How they justified putting it on the shelves is beyond me.

I just beat Silent Hill Downpour. Not a bad game. They could have taken a liiittle extra time to patch some things up and maybe improved on the whole "every monster is just a dirty-looking person" thing, and the lack of real horror, but on the whole it wasn't bad. Now to play through again for side quests n junk....

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    I just beat Silent Hill Downpour. Not a bad game. They could have taken a liiittle extra time to patch some things up and maybe improved on the whole "every monster is just a dirty-looking person" thing, and the lack of real horror, but on the whole it wasn't bad. Now to play through again for side quests n junk....
    I just got this Monday and haven't gotten too far yet - just got to Devil's Pit. I don't find it bad at all, no idea why all the hate.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    It's not bad. I'll probably buy it once the price drops some more. The only ting that reeeally got under MY skin was when the framerate just plummeted for no reason from time to time, as well as almost always while the game was saving.

I will say though, the orphanage is probably the scariest part of the whole game - for a LOT of reasons. (For example, dark hallways with little girls singing and laughing. FUCK.)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    It's not bad. I'll probably buy it once the price drops some more. The only ting that reeeally got under MY skin was when the framerate just plummeted for no reason from time to time, as well as almost always while the game was saving.

I will say though, the orphanage is probably the scariest part of the whole game - for a LOT of reasons. (For example, dark hallways with little girls singing and laughing. FUCK.)
    Yeah some framerate drops for no reason sucks and the occasional glitches I've had (like trying to open the first door in the game, which never showed the 'press a' prompt). I had to restart the game 4 times, delete the save files and clear my cache for it to work. WTF?!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Gah, I was so disappointed. I found a used copy of this the other day in some local store and it was all scuffed up to hell and back. I wanted to buy it, but that baby was beyond saving. How they justified putting it on the shelves is beyond me.
    Vintage Stock? Not sure if they have one around where you're at but there's one not too far from where I live and I saw it, looked at it and the case was dirty as hell and the CD itself was scratched to hell. Not sure how they can just put that out there for someone to grab and buy.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    ^ I really hope that next one is a breath of fresh air for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    Vintage Stock? Not sure if they have one around where you're at but there's one not too far from where I live and I saw it, looked at it and the case was dirty as hell and the CD itself was scratched to hell. Not sure how they can just put that out there for someone to grab and buy.
    Nah, some small place in the mall called Game On. I'm not sure if they even have other stores anywhere, or if they're just a store owned by some local guy. Never really checked into it...But man. I can't stand that place. Nothing's in order, they have DVDs, then games, then blu-rays, then more games for a different console, and in the back, they have a huge display case filled with selected games from the shelves, which I'm assuming are "more valuable" or something. The prices are all about the same and half of them I hadn't even heard of.

I'm currently playing through Downpour again...Fuck is it hard on Hard Puzzle mode...I never realized how convenient the action prompt was until they took it away. Now I'm scared for the sidequests I haven't already on in my last playthrough. Still fun, though.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 05-09-2012 at 03:47 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    ^ I really hope that next one is a breathe of fresh air for ya!

Nah, some small place in the mall called Game On. I'm not sure if they even have other stores anywhere, or if they're just a store owned by some local guy. Never really checked into it...But man. I can't stand that place. Nothing's in order, they have DVDs, then games, then blu-rays, then more games for a different console, and in the back, they have a huge display case filled with selected games from the shelves, which I'm assuming are "more valuable" or something. The prices are all about the same and half of them I hadn't even heard of.

I'm currently playing through Downpour again...[i]Fuck[i/] is it hard on Hard Puzzle mode...I never realized how convenient the action prompt was until they took it away. Now I'm scared for the sidequests I haven't already on in my last playthrough. Still fun, though.

The only local place that's really around here is Game Co. There were 2 stores but one closed down and the other one is at The Great Mall and it's pretty shitty as well. Their customer service is complete shit. I wont even go into detail because it was so ridiculously stupid, but they suck.

Vintage stock does the same thing with the more valuable games. The closest one to me has an original PS1 Revelations: Persona in like new condition for I think $64.99 or something like that. Most of the games that are not in the glass case near the front are in the back most of them are in pretty horrible shape.

I actually bought Castlevania: Symphony of the Night from the glass container and the guy said it was in like new condition. I believe him. Bought for $25 I think. About 2 weeks of having the game (so I couldn't return it) I went through the manual and some jerk off colored in Death with a fucking green marker. I was beyond pissed.