This week, since I've been off from work, I somehow went on a nostalgic comics kick. Oddly enough it started while watching the Green Lantern film for the first time, and actually kind of enjoying it. So, I went on to subscribe to HBO Max where I was watching a bunch of stuff, and then Disney + . I'm basically all caught up with the Marvel films, and now am on the 90's cartoons. As for DC, there is a TON of content, so much, and I'm so excited to dive in. I've watched a few films, started Doom Patrol, and some animated films. So good.

The itch carried over into buying books. I went to my local shop (literally around the corner from me) and picked up Nightwing #99 and Gargoyles #1. Two copies of Gargoyles actually, as I gave one to my girlfriend who's been a major Gargoyles fan since she was a kid. Used an Amazon gift card to get the 30th anniversary deluxe edition of The Death of Superman. I had the original trade paperback as a kid, my first tpb, and I loved it so much. I was only 7 or 8 when I got it but read it like 20 times. So the nostalgia hit hard on this 30th edition (and made me feel old) . I also loved the Return of Superman tpb back in the day, I was going to buy it again recently but might hold off in the event they plan to do a 30th anni edition of that too.

Earlier this week, I subscribed to DC Infinite and have been loving it. I've read the first 9 issues of The Nice House on the Lake...really awesome horror comic. The opposite end of that, I've been reading Blue & Gold which is hilarious!

Today, I'm planning on going to Kevin Smith's comic shop. I have a list of things I want to purchase. Sticking with all new releases too. It's been 25 years since I collected regularly. There's no way I'd be able to fill in the gaps of what I missed from back then till now, so, I'm just going to enjoy the ride of new material and appreciate it from a different, adult perspective now. I noticed a change in art styles since then, paper textures, dialog (there seems to be less of it overall, and certainly less thought bubbles) , and I'm cool with all that. And, I plan to make a pull list at my local shop. Oh yeah, the bug has hit me hard!