Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Hope that's just a rumor. Would look awfully foolish to announce nine episodes and then back out on it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Official word is now that the show MAY still be a go, but David himself is gone. From the official Facebook:

We just received the this message from David Lynch's office:
    Dear Facebook Friends, David wanted me to pass along the following statement:
    Showtime did not pull the plug on Twin Peaks.
    After one year and four months of negotiations, I left because not enough money was offered to do the script the way I felt it needed to be done.
    This weekend I started to call actors to let them know I would not be directing.
    Twin Peaks may still be very much alive at Showtime.
    I love the world of Twin Peaks and wish things could have worked out differently.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Twin Peaks without David Lynch would be awful. No thank you showtime.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Motherfucker.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Kind of defeats the purpose. Maybe someone else can pull it off, if done right. But it should really be Lynch. Especially considering they announced he would be leading the nine episodes and directing.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I can't blame David for pulling out. He's had to compromise his visions lots of times in his career, and it gets to a point where it becomes ridiculous, especially when it towards a reboot of an incredibly beloved show, which got screwed before because of compromises.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Maybe this will catch enough backlash for showtime to give him what he wants. Problem is, if they've announced the return, you would think he had agreed to a sum. Maybe he held them up for more money?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm sure if Kyle MacLachlan backs down, then showtime will give David whatever he wants. I don't think Kyle will want to do Twin Peaks without David, and showtime would be stupid to do it without both Kyle and David.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Can't imagine the show being able to continue without Kyle.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I think it's a little early to guess at what the intent is over at Showtime. If they think they can get away with making Twin Peaks without Lynch on board, they're insane.

Really though, if they can't raise enough money, just go to Kickstarter. It sounds lame, but they'll raise all the money they need in minutes.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    http://deadline.com/2015/04/david-ly...me-1201404765/

Showtimes statement:
    “We were saddened to read David Lynch’s statement today since we believed we were working towards solutions with David and his reps on the few remaining deal points. SHOWTIME also loves the world of Twin Peaks and we continue to hold out hope that we can bring it back in all its glory with both of its extraordinary creators, David Lynch and Mark Frost, at its helm.”

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I think it's a little early to guess at what the intent is over at Showtime. If they think they can get away with making Twin Peaks without Lynch on board, they're insane.

Really though, if they can't raise enough money, just go to Kickstarter. It sounds lame, but they'll raise all the money they need in minutes.
    Indeed.

I really hope the actors and the fans will side with Lynch on this.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    If Sheryl Lee is involved, i'm sure she would side with Lynch in a heartbeat. Kyle is 50/50 that he would side with Lynch or not. He's been going on for years now on how much he's been wanting to work with Lynch again. So lets see if he puts his money where his mouth is.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Without David Lynch this whole season will find a way to revolve around Donna and James.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Or the continuation of finding out who the father of Lucy's child is.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    No David Lynch... sorry but... I'm outie.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Without David Lynch this whole season will find a way to revolve around Donna and James.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Or the continuation of finding out who the father of Lucy's child is.
    Ugh, these two plotlines tried so hard to get me to stop watching midway through season 2.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Funny how memory works.
    The only things I remembered from Season 2 was Windom Earle story (obviously) and Benjamin's memory loss/civil war arc.
    Lucy's child? Wut?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Ugh, these two plotlines tried so hard to get me to stop watching midway through season 2.
    Season two had a lot of great things going for it. But it definitely had it's fair share of bad things as well. It was almost like they ran out of ideas after revealing the killer (something Lynch was against ever doing). Anything with James in the second season was awful, imo.

I think the show could've survived if Lynch sticked around. His film career comes first though. But if he had been more hands on during the second season, it might not have been all over the place like it was.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Funny how memory works.
    The only things I remembered from Season 2 was Windom Earle story (obviously) and Benjamin's memory loss/civil war arc.
    Lucy's child? Wut?
    James becoming a drifter and becoming a suspect in a murder plot. The Jean Renault stuff, and everything around it.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I mean, I remembered now, when it was mentioned specifically. But if anyone would ask me to retell Season 2 plot without using wikipedia, well...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    If Sheryl Lee is involved, i'm sure she would side with Lynch in a heartbeat. Kyle is 50/50 that he would side with Lynch or not. He's been going on for years now on how much he's been wanting to work with Lynch again. So lets see if he puts his money where his mouth is.
    Kyle MacLachlan pretty much owe his career to David Lynch. Dune, Blue Velvet and Twin Peaks are where he began in the industry. Even if Dune failed, it was noticed. I really don't see him going against Lynch.

David Lynch, Mark Frost and Kyle MacLachlan are the (un)Holy Trinity of Twin Peaks. Without any one of them, there is no show as far as I'm concerned.

Showtimes are sitting on a potential goldmine. They should get on their knees and beg Lynch to come back even if it means giving him a gazillion of money and carte blanche to do what he wants.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Really hope that Lynch and Showtime can come to some agreement, it'll be a big turn off for me if Lynch is out. The non lynch episodes before were utter shite.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This turn of events is more depressing than visiting the Dead Souls thread. This better be turned around. Thank god for Madchen, though, sweet jesus.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like no mayo on a turkey sandwich.
    Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like not having sex when there's no orgasm or ejaculation

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's like a tree without being a tree.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^That reminded me of this:

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Twin Peaks without David Lynch would be awful. No thank you showtime.

Twin Peaks without David Lynch WAS awful. Most of Season Two.