Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    So thelastdisciple turned me on to the fact that some people think there is a secret code hidden in the shot of that FBI plane in part seven.

Here is what they are thinking over at the "Welcome to Twin Peaks" website.
    Looking at the link above has me intrigued, and after watching the scene a couple more times, i decided that these people certainly might be onto something. They also tracked down the original stock footage, wherein the windows do NOT flicker.
    Whatever the hell is going on here, i think it's damn sure deliberate.

Here is the clip from the last episode, rendered in slow motion:
    I totally noticed that while watching it spent the entire rest of the episode trying to figure out what it could be.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    What the fuck did I just watch...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    What the fuck did I just watch...
    SHE'S GONE AWAY (DAVID LYNCH EDIT)

But seriously that was amazing. Loved it.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I somehow knew TR would wind up in the most fucked-up episode (so far, at least).

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    SHE'S GONE AWAY (DAVID LYNCH EDIT)

But seriously that was amazing. Loved it.
    I didn't take my eyes off the screen the entire time. What a great mind-fuck of an episode! The scene at the end was pretty dam brutal and awesome in it's own right .

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    This is probably the weirdest thing anyone has ever made for television.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    You say that but Small Wonder, Japanese game shows and the 2016 election are just sitting right there.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    this is the water and this is the well.
    drink full and descend.
    the horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.

Spoiler: pretty sure we just watched the origins of bob and/or the black lodge

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    If you understood anything that happened after that nuke went off, you probably need to be committed right away.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm pretty positive I recognize that track that was playing in the "white lodge"
    I think it was used on one of the tracks for Lynch's album The Air Is On Fire
    edit: confirmed, it is
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 06-25-2017 at 10:27 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    drink full and descend.

Spoiler: Absolutely. The H Bomb going off, I think, ripped open the portal between dimensions, allowing Bob to come through. The dudes covered in black soot or whatever, I think, are random lost souls or something (maybe?) and they got through too, wandering through the desert. And that gas station was the first lodge. Or something. Definitely the origins of Bob and Lodge

That episode somehow made a fuck ton of sense without making any sense at all. I fucking loved it. Plus that NIN performance was sick as hell. Trent lookin' like Stallone as Cobra.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Leather Daddy Trent Reznor was the thing that made the single most sense about this episode and that is a wonderful sentence to say

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Opening act: Dark Cooper Cheats Death

Main supporting act: The Nine Inch Nails

Main act: The weirdest 45 minutes of television you'll ever see in your fucking life..

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    drink full and descend.

Completely agree.

I enjoyed the visual similarity between EvilCoop and NIN, and am curious that they were also subject to the green lights.

The nuclear bomb shown was The Manhattan Project, is there anything to be read into that? I don't know the history, just googled the date and location. And Gordon had a picture of a mushroom cloud in his office.

Also, the art deco theatre scene with ?????????? was the same room as the Silencio scene in Mulholland Drive.

Visually, I think this episode was even more beautiful than episode 3.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    ...and just because it's super cool, heres' the official thumbnail

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Last night's episode was nuclear in all kinds of ways...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    while that was certainly one of the strangest hours of television i've ever watched, i thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

also, i literally just like, seized up, when NIN was playing, and my jaw was hanging open. it was kind of surreal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There's strange....and then there's tedious.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    There's strange....and then there's tedious.
    right, so there's david lynch/twin peaks...and there's reality TV that just follows celebrities around.

people seem to keep forgetting that this is essentially an 18-hour movie broken up into parts so it can be serialized by a network. maybe i'm too much of a fangirl but i don't find anything in david lynch's body of work to be tedious. even the sweeping scene from the previous episode served a purpose, and it went on for just the right length for its ridiculous banality to become humorous. i don't think everything he's ever done is gold, by any means, but to call any of it tedious is, to me, kind of silly.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    ^ totally agree

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    While I'll agree that this part was enthralling and certainly an unforgettable experience, if I have an issue, it would be that I think Lynch might have 'explained' too much. I'm not sure I needed to know those 'origin' stories. It's certainly great food for thought but I feel like a bit of mystery's been sucked out of the universe as far as those characters are concerned. Gotta mull it over.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    right, so there's david lynch/twin peaks...and there's reality TV that just follows celebrities around.

people seem to keep forgetting that this is essentially an 18-hour movie broken up into parts so it can be serialized by a network. maybe i'm too much of a fangirl but i don't find anything in david lynch's body of work to be tedious. even the sweeping scene from the previous episode served a purpose, and it went on for just the right length for its ridiculous banality to become humorous. i don't think everything he's ever done is gold, by any means, but to call any of it tedious is, to me, kind of silly.
    Whoa, whoa! I'm familiar with all of his work, but the esoteric nature of this episode is kinda jarring. In the original series there was never any episode that you felt wasn't moving the plot forward. This one was a total art fart.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    In the original series there was never any episode that you felt wasn't moving the plot forward.
    I don't agree with this at all. There were several episodes in the second season that felt this way, mainly episodes involving James & Evelyn's plotline or the little Nicky plotline.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    So. Okay.
    Did the Giant create Laura's soul to counteract Bob?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I can't believe no one at ETS had connected Spoiler: She's Gone Away with Laura Palmer before this episode. Or did we?
    I also tend to think that Spoiler: the boy in the 1956 was Leland.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure the stage during the Giant scene is the same one used in Mulholland Drive for Club Silencio

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Is BOB dead, or at least gone from evilcoop? Could Evilcoop become the real Coop now, or is he evil of his own accord?
    Was the insect/frog thing BOB or Laura? It could be that the young girl was Sarah and the insect thing was Laura, which would explain why Sarah can see BOB sometimes and gave birth to Laura, and would also explain Bob seeking out Leland. Or, perhaps the insect thing was BOB and the young girl was Bob's first host: maybe Sarah, maybe no one we know.

I have SO many questions and theories and I will shut up in a second.
    But here is what (I THINK) I know for sure. The first US nuclear test is what allowed entities from other dimensions to interact with our world. And secondly, the ultimate conflict has always been between Laura and BOB.
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-26-2017 at 04:55 PM.