Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    the cast is on Good Morning America today. not watching it but my mom said they're all adorable and won't say anything about the show except that it takes place 25 years later.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Christ god almighty I love how the Season Two Music and More soundtrack CD just shows up out of nowhere suddenly on Discogs for ninety fucking dollars and on Amazon for 100 plus. Get wrapped in plastic, assholes.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I would like to watch them in a small role; i don't think Trent now wants an Emmy when he already has an Oscar.
    I think it's safe to say they will be "performing" on the Roadhouse or some other place; since Robin Finck is also in the cast...
    I could see a set-up with Mariqueen singing. Her voice is more "twin peaks-y" than Trent's and I'm not sure how much an instrumental appearance would impact.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Or they are going to go for the truly "what the fuck is this" thing and have Robin sing. Robin's singing is very Red Room-ish.

I am terrified about watching this show. I watched the original when it first aired and I loved it so much. I'm so scared this will be disappointing. Please don't be disappointing!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    IMO the only way this can be disappointing is if you go into it with any form of specific expectation - which is always a dangerous thing with Dave's work. I'm trying not to expect anything specific - but I feel kind of safe in predicting that this is going to be incredibly entertaining - and if I had to judge by teasers - on the dark side of things.

I don't know if it's just the hype, but this universe is doing things to me. I've got Angelo's soundtracks on repeat and I feel inspired to actually sit down and write music. It's a good feeling.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    New RS Interview

Of note:

RS: OK, similarly, in that same final episode, the Man From Another Place – actor Michael J. Anderson – says, "When you see me again, it won't be me." What can you say about that?

DL: That it's more true than you think [laughs].

Welp, that's a virtual confirmation for me that if The Man From Another Place is still present he's been recasted (seeing how Anderson's not exactly stable these days).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    New RS Interview

Of note:

RS: OK, similarly, in that same final episode, the Man From Another Place – actor Michael J. Anderson – says, "When you see me again, it won't be me." What can you say about that?

Welp, that's a virtual confirmation for me that if The Man From Another Place is still present he's been recasted (seeing how Anderson's not exactly stable these days).
    oh, that sucks. i had no idea he was having health problems he's so good on carnivale, hope he recovers from whatever is ailing him.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/...in-twin-peaks/

my friend randall wrote about the show's worst characters and, while i don't agree with his choices for several of them (fuck you, big ed is the best), his vote for worst WORST character is spot-on.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    New RS Interview

Of note:

That's so convenient haha

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/...in-twin-peaks/

my friend randall wrote about the show's worst characters and, while i don't agree with his choices for several of them (fuck you, big ed is the best), his vote for worst WORST character is spot-on.
    Lol, nobody likes James (me neither...)

Last edited by henryeatscereal; 05-18-2017 at 08:45 AM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Madchen Amick dropped something of a plot bomb on Carson Daly yesterday regarding plot and casting. This is getting into spoiler territory:

Spoiler:
    "In the first run of Twin Peaks, I play Shelley Johnson who is a waitress at the R&R Diner. But this time around you just don’t know who I might play… cause David Lynch is tricky that way and some people are not playing their original characters".

Spoiler speculation:

Spoiler: This kind of lines up with all the discrepancies in Secret History and the theories we'll be seeing a parallel universe/dimension.

No way in hell, but If Balthazar Getty is some alternate universe older version of Pete Dayton from Lost Highway I'm going to flip my shit.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 05-17-2017 at 03:12 PM.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    did you mean Mark Frost? because you wrote David Frost (and then said "this is Mark, not David") so that was a bit confusing

i don't remember where i saw it but i thought i remembered lynch responding to a question about whether or not michael ontkean would be returning and his answer was that robert forster would be playing truman's brother since ontkean is retired from acting.
    Wahahaha yeah, pardon me.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    CoS ranked every Twin Peaks character from MOST EVIL to MOST PURE

i'm very pleased with the two most evil and the two most pure

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Showtime is doing a marathon up to the premiere of the new season, and man... what took me so long to get into this show??? The atmosphere, the noir, the cheese, the score. Everything is perfect and lines up perfectly with my tastes. Coopers eccentric personality is a pleasure to watch, and the weirdness surrounding this show is seems a bit slapstick at times and I love every minute of it. It even makes you feel as uncomfortable as the characters seems to feel and that is something I always admire in film. On episode 3 and already instantly hooked.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 05-22-2017 at 06:32 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Crossing my fingers for a leak. Showtime shows used to leak early all the time.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Holy shit! We made it, y'all! I can't wait!!!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Woke up to the sound of the opening credits on the living room TV thanks to marathon going on right now -- why can't every morning be like this?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm actually getting anxious..... What if it sucks?? What if it doesn't????
    This show had a huge impact on me from very early on in life..it just can't live up to my expectations. But---what if it does?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm going to record it tonight as I'm currently doing a marathon devoted to Cannes. I'm going to watch the new series later as I need to catch up on the rest of the series, re-watch Fire Walk with Me, and then do The Missing Pieces. After all of that, I will do the new show.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I've got good news. That gum you like is going to come back in style.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Sitting at a bar throwing a viewing party. 45 minutes until we all get rekt.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-22-2017 at 08:20 AM.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Sorry for double post, but I just wanted to allow that I have never been this excited for a tv show, ever.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Something to tide us over while we wait for the next few hours to pass: http://www.avclub.com/article/twin-p...returns-255634

It doesn't look like Amazon is going to let you buy the new episodes individually (at least not yet), so I'm really hoping this free Hulu trial I've been sitting on pays dividends..
    it's not going to be on hulu, as far as i know? just on the showtime app (which also offers a free trial)

we watched The Missing Pieces today and GOD DAMN i wish they had incorporated them into the film! they add back in the levity that was missing, they explore the relationship between laura and her mother (and i think sarah palmer is now my favorite character) which is SO IMPORTANT, and they answer a few (but not a lot) of the questions i've had, which is great. i feel like it wouldn't have been to hard to piece together a director's cut that includes them. at least they're all there!

oh, so speaking of the app, we're planning on just hitting the "live tv" button in the showtime anytime app, but i wasn't sure if, once it starts airing, you'd be able to watch it on its own rather than via "live tv" :/

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    https://www.hulu.com/start/showtime?...utm_medium=AFF

It says I can..? Redeem a one-month free subscription to Showtime with the Hulu trial.

This better not be some fine print bullshit when I go to sign up..
    i would do it ASAP, and if it doesn't work, go to the showtime on demand app and sign up for that instead, just in case.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'll be sitting this one out everyone...least till the blu-ray hits release.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I keep thinking of The Beach theme whenever I hear the Twin Peaks theme.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It doesn't help that I have never watched the original series because I am so mindfucked right now.