Thread: 2017.07.19 - Bakersfield, CA @ Rabobank Arena

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    people who went to the show:

"OMFG AMAZING"

people who saw the video on FB live:

"Business as Usual 2017 - I wouldn't pay for that".

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post

"OMFG AMAZING"

I'm kind in between this. While I don't regret flying down on a whim, I can't help but feel a tad underwhemed by the setlist.
    I guess I was just expecting something a little more special for the first show, a few more new songs, but I guess I can't complain too much. I did hear 6 new unique songs I had never heard live before. I just wish he would change up the ending to the show once in a while. It's gotten so predictable. Play Last instead of Gave up, EDIETS instead of THTF, I'd even take terrible lie over HLAH at this point. There's plenty of "non deep cuts" he can still play to appease the general concert goer, while making it a little more exciting for those that attend multiple shows.

i understand this was basically a warm up show for a small festival run, so they probably didn't want to get to experimental, but it seems odd to not have concentrated more on the new EP's. Guess we'll see what happens as the tour unfolds.

once the 3rd EP drops, I'm guessing then there will be a revamped show for all 3 EP's.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Expectations are a tricky bastard that shouldn't always be trusted. Expectations can create misery and huge let downs, where instead could be something opposite of a let down. There's something to be said in the freedom of being able to *just be*. Expectaions are a dogma following their own rules and terms of existence. They can be almighty depending on how you as the owner feed them. Expectations can possess great strength, enough to dictate set guidelines to predetermine a prophesized outcome with whatever you choose to do. Expectations can be their own shackles on how you view and experience reality; rarely can they be lived up to, and are often a great deceiver. They can dupe you into looking only for the things that were part of 'the expectation pckg' and blind you from seeing the things that weren't part of that expectation plan, therefore denying you authenticity and unadulterated reality based on the make believe of a preconceived fairytale inside your own head...
    They are a most tricky beast best to be avoided for most circumstances.
    (i'll have to reread and edit above later, even my head is still spinning from last night show and it's check out time--b-lunch, museum of tolerance(?), amoeba, and looks like there are free concerts at Santa Monica Pier, then head home. What a welcomed adventure life can be.)
    Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 07-20-2017 at 01:06 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

"OMFG AMAZING"

Haters gonna hate. More room at the shows for the rest of us.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    people who actually saw the show:

"OMFG AMAZING"

people who think they saw the show after watching a vertical shitty quality Facebook live video shot from the seats:

Fixed that for you.

Meanwhile: