Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017.07.19 - Bakersfield, CA @ Rabobank Arena

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bractune View Post
    I thinking 2 or 3pm.
    Thanks to both of you. Sounds like I'll have time for a couple hours of sleep after the overnight drive from Seattle.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Peeps, I know this is a stretch. But if any of you don't want your poster (or your +1) I'd really love to grab it to frame. Thanks for the space here.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    95% of you seem to be coming from California... roll call for people traveling outside of CA. Where ya at?
    Salt Lake City

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I plan on recording new stuff as long as they let us. I will be at Bakersfield, fyf and panorama so I wont mind.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Has anyone received email tickets yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If anyone can't go and want to sell their pair of tickets let me know. I desperately want to go with my friend.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    I *might* have access to a single seated ticket in section 108
    I *might* have to seek out a trade for my 1 GA for a 108 M seated ticket; or I *might* have to seek out a trade for my 108 M seated +1 box of VOODOO Doughnuts for a GA ticket. My son has yet to decide what he wants to do about our ticket situation.
    Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 07-17-2017 at 10:30 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I don't know exactly what your budget is but Priceline has hotels in Bakersfield for $33 (that's before fees and taxes I assume but it's worth a look)
    Yeah, I'm on a pretty tight budget though. And I'm legit so paranoid of bed bugs lately, I'd rather sleep in the car than what I assume will look and feel like a $33 hotel even if I could spare that.

Honestly, like I said, I really didn't expect for this to happen. I mean, I always try to grab tickets for cool stuff like this, but it's always just a brief little fantasy due to things like not being able to actually get a ticket or the event being too far away and travel expenses being completely prohibitive. So I'm still kind of in shock that I'm actually doing this.

After I bought this ticket and rented a car, both of which were expenses I probably shouldn't have gone in on at this point, suddenly things in my life decided they were just going to start fucking up. Presumably to spite me for getting excited about something good happening. The stupid power converter in the trailer I'm living in took a shit, the brakes on my car are completely going out again even though I just got like 10 brake parts fixed, and right when I got home from errands yesterday, my engine was steaming and there was coolant splashed all over my engine compartment and the side of my car. Ugh.

Whatever, that back story is unnecessary. Just mainly pointing out that I'd like to keep my expenses as minimal as humanly possible. And a hotel room seems like something I can cut corners on and still be okay. But sleeping in my car still isn't my favorite thing in the world, so that's why I figured I'd give it a shot and ask here. And once again, I'll be getting in line far, far earlier in the day than 2pm or so. So it's a serious offer I'm giving to have a spot at the very front of the line without needing to actually get in line until shortly before doors. It's the least I can do lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aleywwu View Post
    Has anyone received email tickets yet?
    Still waiting.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guy8707 View Post
    Still waiting.
    Nothing here either...

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Where are these bloody tickets??? It says we're supposed to print them off to get into the venue, but I don't have a printer at home and I was banking on printing them off while at work tonight...... I don't have time to find a printer tomorrow, i'll be heading to the airport..... I wonder if they'll let me change from e-ticket to will call on the day of the show when I get there.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I hear you.
    Nothing to print here either.
    My son takes his driver's permit test tomorrow and then we are heading off on our rememberable *right of passage* road trip. I too will have limited time with printing capabilities. I think our drive is only 12hrs one way to arena. Plus a roadside stop to Amoeba so he can get his mind blown away, though I just remembered his generation isn't all that CD/hardcopy crazy so I guess the Amoeba hand job is for me(?)
    Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 07-18-2017 at 01:28 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    No tix here either. @elchalvindore def stop at Amoeba Hollywood, but just keep in mind its two hours from the venue, so unless you're coming from Mexico I'm betting this is out of your way. If you do stop, check out Trejos Tacos which are a block up the street.

Edit: What's interesting is that when I try to access the order on AXS it attempts to load then times out and takes me back to the account page as opposed to loading and displaying the receipt.
    Last edited by psus2h; 07-17-2017 at 10:51 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    OOooooOOOOOohhhh! I LOVE THAT TACO PLACE!! I ALWAYS HIT IT WHEN IN THAT AREA!!
    ---and yes, I'm still in debate on which Amoeba location to stop Berkeley or LA....I think both locations are about equivalent miles/time out of way.
    Fortunately for me both my boys are music lovers and musically inclined (inspiring me to take up guitar lessons and they let me 'strum n pluck' with them since I don't 'shred' and keep to the acoustic as I'm beginner, lol.) A side trip of this nature is a very welcomed must! Oh shite! I don't know if I can keep my giddiness in check I'm so excited. QUICK-I NEED A SUPER SONIC ETS SPAM SLAP OUT OF IT-

(if it's the same taco place i'm thinking of, it has outside seating with high round tables and umbrellas and we had a mini spiral outing there back in the day--oooOOOooh I 'member that)
    Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 07-17-2017 at 11:15 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    So a very awesome friend may be willing to help me out with a hotel room by getting me an amazing discount, but even after that it's still quite outside my price range. He said he'd possibly be able to get me into this hotel at a 50% off rate. Normally the rooms are around $110 so I'd be getting a ~$55 rate. Howwwwever... This is still honestly more than I'd be able to spend for a hotel room for the night. I'm sure that's ridiculous to a lot of you, but I'm really trying to make this trip work by the seat of my pants.

So I wanted to post here and put out some feelers. Would any of you guys be willing to bunk in a room like this with me for about $30 total on Wed, July 19? You'd be getting your own Queen bed. And honestly, I'll be getting into Bakersfield early Wednesday morning and I'll almost certainly be spending basically the entire day either in line or very near the venue. So you won't really have to deal with me at all, other than after the show and early in the morning.

I'm not 100% if my friend is going to be able to do this, or if they would be comfortable with another person being there, but I wanted to check in here in case any of you guys are interested. Please let me know, PM me or whatever, and we can connect on Facebook or exchange numbers or whatever.

Also, if anybody needs a ride from the Tahoe/Reno/Carson/etc area, please let me know. I'm renting a car for the first time in my life and a little company on the 6 hour drive sounds like it would be neat.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    So, sounds like there's an actual issue with the ticketing system then. I'll wait to see if I have the e-mail by the time I wake up tomorrow and call AXS customer service to try and change to will call if I don't have the e-mail tomorrow. I might be able to run to a staples to print it off before my flight if they're waiting in my e-mail by the time I get up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think they should be able to scan your smartphone with an e-ticket.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    E-mail says it won't accept it on a mobile device:

E-TICKET: The fastest, most convenient way toreceiveyour tickets!Please printout PDFtickets on paper and present upon entry to the venue. Mobile device PDF's and confirmation receipts will not be acceptable for entry.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the pointer! I've been spoiled by most venues accepting them. Cheers

Edit: I did a live chat with stubhub to see if they've heard anything since there have been a lot of tix sold on their site. They said they've been made aware of the delivery delay, but didn't have anything else to add.
    Last edited by psus2h; 07-17-2017 at 11:37 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    This better not be one of those shows where they play 4 or 5 songs and get "interrupted" and ushered off stage and the show ends early. All this buzz about a new ARG and add violence being a YZ tie in has me worried, lol.

Would explain the cheap ticket price.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This better not be one of those shows where they play 4 or 5 songs and get "interrupted" and ushered off stage and the show ends early. All this buzz about a new ARG and add violence being a YZ tie in has me worried, lol.

By "one of those shows," you mean the one time that happened, and it was free, and no one knew they were going to a Nine Inch Nails show? Yeah, I think you're safe.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    So, sounds like there's an actual issue with the ticketing system then. I'll wait to see if I have the e-mail by the time I wake up tomorrow and call AXS customer service to try and change to will call if I don't have the e-mail tomorrow. I might be able to run to a staples to print it off before my flight if they're waiting in my e-mail by the time I get up.
    I'll be three feet from a printer until 3:30 on Wednesday, so worst case just have me print your ticket, and I'll find you in line. Hopefully they have it sorted well before then, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

While I think most of us would eat that up, I think the "casual(?)" fan would freak out and not care about the back story. I truly think its a rehearsal show, and the only reason its not in LA is (in my opinion) some sort of clause stopping them from playing a show within 100 miles of FYF fest so they dont kill ticket sales. Exposition Park is 115 miles from Rabobank Arena. I can't think of any other reason TR would want to leave the west side and go to Bakersfield, unless its the only place they can have for an extended period of time to run tech rehearsals leading up to their festival shows.

Someone earlier claimed the low number of tix sold for the show. I think there is some truth to that, the stage is in the center of the floor, and they only sold half of the lower bowl and part of the floor as reflected in the stubhub listings....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    If no ticket available for print before we leave tomorrow, I'll pack the printer and laptop in the trunk n some extra paper in case a few others need theirs printed (within reason...I won't be printing 2,200 etickets.) Solutions are being generated, stop sweating it, Life is Good.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I love how NIN fans look out for eachother. You kids go have fun at your rock concert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i'm ready to help.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

2017.07.19 - Bakersfield, CA @ Rabobank Arena

Quote Originally Posted by psus2h View Post
    I truly think its a rehearsal show, and the only reason its not in LA is (in my opinion) some sort of clause stopping them from playing a show within 100 miles of FYF fest so they dont kill ticket sales. Exposition Park is 115 miles from Rabobank Arena. I can't think of any other reason TR would want to leave the west side and go to Bakersfield, unless its the only place they can have for an extended period of time to run tech rehearsals leading up to their festival shows.
    That's possible, but I think it's more to do with (1) being able to find a decent sized venue on very short notice (assuming this wasn't planned all along) and (2) playing somewhere where you know you're only getting serious fans. Playing in the middle of nowhere, largely for people who had early access codes, ensures it'll be more of an intimate fan/family/close-knit show. If they fuck up, it's fine, because we won't be judgy like a festival crowd. Moreover, from their perspective, it gives them a chance to be the band people came to see, rather than festivals, where half or more of the audience might just be hanging around to see what all the fuss is about.
    Last edited by Toadflax; 07-18-2017 at 08:42 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Off of Bakersfield, for what its worth....

I went to a dress rehearsal in 2008 at the staples center. But it was a free show, nin geocached the tickets in a graveyard. I think there was 300 people there, free posters for all. 2 1/2 hour show with a short Q&A with Trent and getting to see the light show and stage show before the media was pretty cool. The best part about it was being a rehearsal they played every single song, or close to every song, that got played that tour that night.

http://www.nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=701
    http://ninlive.com/shows/2008/20080719.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just got off the phone with AXS. The lady said the tickets would be e-mailed to me within an hour. Will wait and see.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VenturaLocal View Post
    Off of Bakersfield, for what its worth....

I went to a dress rehearsal in 2008 at the staples center. But it was a free show, nin geocached the tickets in a graveyard. I think there was 300 people there, free posters for all. 2 1/2 hour show with a short Q&A with Trent and getting to see the light show and stage show before the media was pretty cool. The best part about it was being a rehearsal they played every single song, or close to every song, that got played that tour that night.

http://www.nintourhistory.com/concert.php?concertid=701
    http://ninlive.com/shows/2008/20080719.html
    The Forum, not Staples. The same place they played when they played LA for real that tour.

Ah, that fucking ticket game. I left work unnoticed for two hours to look in a bathroom stall in Santa Monica, clamber awkwardly up some sabertooth tiger statues at the La Brea Tar Pits, look through a pile of dirt somewhere I can't remember, and- later that night- wait outside a strip club until it opened... all to no avail.