Thread: Add Violence

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Well, he said the EP is coming out before the start of the shows, and that's in two weeks, so there's pretty much no question "NEXT WEEK" refers to the announcement/release of that (and probably also an update to the store).

As for touring, he said previously there were no plans to tour this year, and the Aftershock announcement on nin.com refers to it as "a rare 2017 appearance," which wouldn't make any sense if there was a tour in the works.

The band are all seasoned NIN vets, so it's pretty simple for them to learn a couple new songs and brush up on the old ones. Sadly, since this is a festival run, I wouldn't be surprised if their 90 minute sets are comprised mostly of standard hits with only a couple new songs peppered in (though I really hope that's not the case).

The third EP will most likely be released very late in the year, so- assuming there will be a tour at all- it's massively unlikely it would be before 2018.
    Fair points. But that the end of the day none of us have any clue and can just sit and wait! Either way. But Trent can't not be considering how all of this lately is gonna affect reception for the next releases(s). I'd rather have all the kinks worked out before we start throwing around new music every 6 months, that's all I'm getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Keep in mind the people on ETS plus the people who are buying things like Deviations and the definitive edition vinyls all combined still make up about .1% of NIN fans. When TR tweets, he's trying to get the world excited, not just those of us who've spent the last week on here bitching about stuff. The "soon/two weeks" Slip/Ghosts updates were when there was nothing announced, where in this case it's already been announced what's coming. I don't take his tweet as a mystery- he's just letting us know the thing we already know about is happening next week.

Wait. You mean not EVERY NIN fan on the planet is part of this forum?? :P I get it though. But saying things are or aren't one thing or anything is just kinda masturbatory until we know anything, just part of the hype that gets drummed up. I'll take whatever we get, and if we get tour dates you're buying my drink at the next show!
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 07-07-2017 at 02:30 PM.