Thread: Not The Actual Events - Physical Edition variations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    a red/blue (3D?) pattern swooping down from top left to the lower third of the page, then to the right, no discernible lyrics, just a large strip of smudged letters or numbers from top to bottom, with a line of smudged letters of numbers next to it running down from the top to the halfway point of the page
    Are you sure you can't read ANY of the lyrics? On mine, there were phrases that seemed very intentionally bold and readable.

I remember specifically being able to read:
    -something, one or two words, can't remember, and my photo isn't completely clear on what it was-

"field on fire"

"burn motherfucker"

"I am free"

And that I thought was the coolest part. The ideas from the song driven home.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Are you sure you can't read ANY of the lyrics? On mine, there were phrases that seemed very intentionally bold and readable.

I remember specifically being able to read:
    -something, one or two words, can't remember, and my photo isn't completely clear on what it was-

"field on fire"

"burn motherfucker"

"I am free"

And that I thought was the coolest part. The ideas from the song driven home.
    Nope. Couldn't make out a single word on it. I thought maybe it was intentional, like how the space for lyrics to "The Ritual" on NiggyTardust just says "The Writing's On The Wall".

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Nope. Couldn't make out a single word on it. I thought maybe it was intentional, like how the space for lyrics to "The Ritual" on NiggyTardust just says "The Writing's On The Wall".
    Using my (really old) iPhone and a magnifying glass light:

(Sorry for how big the pic is, doing all of this from mobile)

Edit to update:
    Some more iPhone 5s photos I threw on Instagram to show my color variations. Going to talk to a local framer in a few days about ideas for framing these, I want them to have as much of the powder still on them as possible for ~authenticity~ and also because that's part of the ~aesthetic~ of these pieces (only semi-sarcastic, because this is 1,000% an art style that I love, and everything about these cards reminds me of the things you find when exploring abandoned buildings, including the black dust... except this black dust isn't a major health hazard) and when I do I will probably have the capability to get decent photos of them (set them all out flat and use a real camera with natural lighting instead of 2 lights with different color temperatures).

https://www.instagram.com/the_wretched/
    Last edited by sick among the pure; 03-01-2017 at 10:11 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Using my (really old) iPhone and a magnifying glass light:
    Interesting. Mine is all sealed up in a plastic bag again, so I will have to take it out again at some point to double check, but I honestly can't recall seeing that on mine.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Interesting. Mine is all sealed up in a plastic bag again, so I will have to take it out again at some point to double check, but I honestly can't recall seeing that on mine.
    Shit, it's ARG time.

But seriously, I think it's awesome that there are so many variations, from cardstock and ink colors to (possibly?) actual (text etc) printed info. Well worth $12 (considering that came with the digital files) and waiting for.