Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    right and I'm thinking that someone DEFINITELY needs to tell him that Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory. He's talking like it's a foreign country.
    this is white nationalism in my opinion.
    PR didn’t vote for him (they can’t vote in Presidential elections); he doesn’t give a shit about those who didn’t vote for him. Plus, yes, they’re brown people.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-12-2017 at 11:18 AM.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    PR didn’t vote for him (they can’t vote in Presidential elections); he doesn’t give a shit about those who didn’t vote for him. Plus, yes, they’re brown people.
    they pay payroll taxes and can get drafted. they deserve all the help afforded to any other us citizens I think. And I seriously think the main problem is that they're brown.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    they pay payroll taxes and can get drafted. they deserve all the help afforded to any other us citizens I think. And I seriously think the main problem is that they're brown.
    He seriously doesn't give a shit about people who didn't vote for him; he mentioned the California wildfires one time, and I bet that's all that's gonna come out of him. He said he's talked to California's Governor, but watch Chump not go out of his way to do anything. Because ... California. Just like he keeps shit-talking Chicago all the fucking time. Chicago, the place where the Chump morons decided to have a Chump rally at the University of Illinois at Chicago and the students protested so much, the rally had to be canceled. And Trump never got over that. He has a vendetta. He just never stops LYING about this "mystery cop" who claimed he could stop crime immediately.

Chicago's problem is THE BUDGET, Union pensions, costs, property taxes don't match expenses (Cook County pays the least taxes in the Chicagoland area), Chicago is broke from DECADES of dumb Daley decisions, we need WAY more police, we need STRICTER gun laws to keep offenders in prison, we need more jails due to overcrowding ...

Trump just needs to STFU or put his money where his mouth is... give us Federal help, make gun violations a Federal crime, put these gun offenders in Fed prison (a/k/a Siberia, which scares the shit out of gang members), etc.

He's comparing 1970s NYC to current Chicago, and MANY SCOTUS decisions have happened since then that make Giuliani's tactics totally illegal in current times, that "law and order" shit is just MORE NIXON.

You just suggested that I watch "Get Me Roger Stone" -- Stone is, of course, a huge Trump supporter and advisor, helped a ton with the Trump campaign, and Stone has a GIANT NIXON TATTOO.

Last edited by allegro; 10-12-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    He seriously doesn't give a shit about people who didn't vote for him
    ok so i was thinking about this and wondering: is there a precedent for this attitude in recent history?
    I never got the impression that any of the presidents in my lifetime actually didn't care about people who didn't vote for them.

I wondered about Nixon though. Also, do you think that the country is as divided now as it was in the late vietnam era?

also, re: Stone's Nixon tattoo. it's fucking NUTS, right?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Also, do you think that the country is as divided now as it was in the late vietnam era?
    I've talked to a few people I know who were of age in the Vietnam era, and they've all basically said that it's not QUITE as bad, but every single one I've talked to has had to pause for a few seconds before stating that, though. One of them said that while the internet is a terrible aid in how divided we are right now, it's also helping people be smarter about exactly HOW they are being divided. That alone brought up another whole discussion. Another person said that it's definitely going to get just as bad if not worse before it gets any better. But yeah, general consensus is that it's not as divided but really goddamn close.