Results 2,131 to 2,160 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    #with a couple of exceptions
    -Louie

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I think its funny(and sad) that as another scandal hits the Trump White House, all of us are just so spent that we can't even comment on it anymore.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Well, what's next?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Well, what's next?
    This is exactly like the Trump campaign one scandal after another, one tantrum after another, one twitter meltdown after another, except this time its in the White House not on the campaign trail.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I think its funny(and sad) that as another scandal hits the Trump White House, all of us are just so spent that we can't even comment on it anymore.
    Protest fatigue... when you see it hitting online forums, it's REALLY hitting the real world

10:1 ratio?

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Crazy part is that he's been in office for 4 months only. 44 left...
    This intel sharing news is pretty wild but unless I'm wrong, it's still not an impeachable offense.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So correct me if i'm wrong here, but has the soggy wotsit just admitted he shared intel with the country who are under investigation for alleged interference in the election? Whilst they were visiting the white house in a Russian media only meeting? And having just sacked the head of the investigation?

...have i got that right?

...Christ on a bike

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    So correct me if i'm wrong here, but has the soggy wotsit just admitted he shared intel with the country who are under investigation for alleged interference in the election? Whilst they were visiting the white house in a Russian media only meeting? And having just sacked the head of the investigation?

...have i got that right?

...Christ on a bike
    And to make it even better, someone from the NSA came out and said "no, no, no, you assholes are all reporting a bunch of lies, this never happened, Trump didn't share anything". And then Trump comes out and goes "yeah, I did do that actually and I'm president so I can do whatever the hell I want".

At this point, the best we can hope for is that the stress of this job is taking a toll on his heart. I've said it before and I'll say it again: he won't be impeached. Not with his party in control of Washington and his own hand-picked staff covering his ass at every turn.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    And to make it even better, someone from the NSA came out and said "no, no, no, you assholes are all reporting a bunch of lies, this never happened, Trump didn't share anything". And then Trump comes out and goes "yeah, I did do that actually and I'm president so I can do whatever the hell I want".
    ...WOW

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    on a lighter, but still damning note...this tweet from Chris Hayes on Mother's Day:

"Nothing says family values like spending Mother's Day at the golf course by yourself."

with this follow up from Molly Knight "He has seen his young son 4-5 times since becoming president. He has golfed 21 times."

Oh look, more evidence that Trump is a selfish, subhuman piece of trash.

The things that I want to say but won't. If I think about him for too long, the RAGE that builds up...ugh.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    McMaster just told the press that Trump wasn't even briefed on the source of the intel.
    Are they filtering information being fed to Trump? Is this standard protocol for POTUS? Being given classified intel but not the source of said intel?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    McMaster just told the press that Trump wasn't even briefed on the source of the intel.
    Are they filtering information being fed to Trump? Is this standard protocol for POTUS? Being given classified intel but not the source of said intel?
    I think that's a roundabout way of saying "he got it from Fox News."

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @allegro, I'd love to hear your take on this

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/o...515-story.html
    My opinion, for whatever it's worth, is that we can't impeach a President because we "worry about what he's going to do next."

In impeachment investigation is based on facts indicating that the President may have broken the law with specific acts he/she conducted. So far, all we have is a lot of hearsay and no hard evidence of any crimes that he, himself, committed, said alleged crimes including "Abuse of Power."

With Nixon and Clinton, we had actual smoking guns; with Nixon we had the "tapes" and witnesses linking him to the Watergate break-in plus subsequent firings in obstruction of justice after an investigation into HIM, personally, had already been started, and with Clinton we had the blue dress with his sperm on it which we knew matched because the special investigator sent medical personnel, per a subpoena, to collect the blood of the President, so Clinton committed perjury.

But, with Trump, we have just a lot of speculation and hot air. This isn't saying that we might not GET to that point, but at this point the grounds for impeachment isn't "attitude" or "worrying about what he could do." He has to actually DO some pretty bad stuff for an investigation to even start, and then that investigation has to have solid evidence.

I respect the writer's education and his concern, but even HE should know that we can't compare Nixon and Clinton to Trump ... not YET.

Look at the impeachment proceedings against Nixon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeac...of_impeachment

Listen to the "Smoking Gun" audio on the middle-right on this page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeac...on#Culmination

Here is the tape with a transcript:

One of the things that Trump COULD be guilty of right now is violating the emoluments clause but we don't know enough about his finances. There would have to be a leak, or some kind of smoking gun to subpoena his financial records re this, too.

Remember, with Nixon we had Deep Throat who we later found out was Mark Felt.

With Clinton, we had Linda Tripp.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-16-2017 at 01:02 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    ^^ Well, but National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster was in that Russian meeting, too.

And McMaster, in his press conference this morning (which I thought was really interesting), said this:

"In the context of that discussion, what the president discussed with the foreign minister was wholly appropriate to that conversation and is consistent with the routine sharing of information between the president and any leaders with whom he’s engaged. It is wholly appropriate for the president to share whatever information he thinks is necessary to advance the security of the American people. That’s what he did."

SOURCE.

But your #9 point is very true, although we have not yet found out if this is in fact a "screw up."

McMaster alluded to the intelligence being related to potential bombs in laptops, but Trump didn't go into details about the data because he doesn't KNOW the data; McMaster said he couldn't discuss it but that it had already been disclosed by numerous news outlets (which is obviously the laptop problem), which is likely to be known by the President because the President is a news addict who apparently refuses to be bothered by regular intelligence briefings (and instead chooses Cable TV news sources as his "intelligence' sources).

The President is allowed to classify or de-classify any information he chooses. The only potential "problem" with disclosing intel to governments like Russia is whether or not any of our ally nations will continue to share intel with us.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-16-2017 at 01:12 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Shamelessly stolen from twitter:

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    According to the NYT, the source of the intel was Israel and it was about a specific ISIS terrorist plot.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    According to the NYT, the source of the intel was Israel and it was about a specific ISIS terrorist plot.
    But Israel knows this is nothing new.

Russia has already experienced the results of a tragedy like this, via ISIL (which McMaster mentioned today in the press conference).

Note that in that Russian crash, it is purported that cans of Schweppes in the plane's galley were full of explosives and detonated wirelessly. So an airport maintenance and catering crew, with full and unimpeded access to planes, could plant those kinds of bombs.

Last edited by allegro; 05-16-2017 at 01:45 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Apparently his aides don't trust Trump to be alone with foreign leaders.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/u...taff.html?_r=1

Just resign already.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Trump asked Comey to drop Flynn investigation.

That's got to be obstruction of justice right?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: he won't be impeached. Not with his party in control of Washington and his own hand-picked staff covering his ass at every turn.
    He at least will not be impeached while the GOP has control, that I completely agree on. If the Democrats actually come through next year in the mid-terms, you can bet the first thing on their agenda will be impeachment. And they'll probably get it. And when it happens, you'll see literally every Republican in the WH turn on Trump in a blink. But yeah, as long as the GOP has control, Trump will remain in place.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Trump asked Comey to drop Flynn investigation.

That's got to be obstruction of justice right?
    According to a memo that Comey wrote (i.e. not proof that the words were ever said), Trump said "I hope you can let this go". Look carefully at the phrasing. That is not an order. It's a thinly veiled request worded as a desire, but it is not a direct order, and nor is there any irrefutable proof that it was even said.

If there was a recording of the president saying "you need to stop this investigation," that would be a different story.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    According to a memo that Comey wrote (i.e. not proof that the words were ever said), Trump said "I hope you can let this go". Look carefully at the phrasing. That is not an order. It's a thinly veiled request worded as a desire, but it is not a direct order, and nor is there any irrefutable proof that it was even said.

If there was a recording of the president saying "you need to stop this investigation," that would be a different story.
    If Comey's answer was "no" and then Trump canned him, how is this not obstructionism?

If this is true, it's easy to connect the dots.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    OOj trump don't let the door..
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    If Comey's answer was "no" and then Trump canned him, how is this not obstructionism?

Trump is allegedly pissed because Comey didn't back him up in the "Obama wire-tapped my phones!!" shit.

This is "YOU'RE FIRED" Trump we're talking about. He's always been NOTORIOUS for his on-a-whim firings. Lots of us KNEW he would end up firing tons of people, he'll continue doing it; and it'll get worse because he's an old man who's losing his memory, goes off topic so much they have to have babysitters in the room, and he's pissed about that, he needs CONSTANT reassurance. He's like a big old baby.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-17-2017 at 09:28 AM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Chaffetz just said he will subpoena the memo.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

"Connect the dots" is just the groundwork that helps you build a case against someone though; it's not a smoking gun that'll lead to a conviction for a particular crime. Like I said before - no proof of statement, the statement itself is not damning enough. The motive may seem obvious, but it's not provable and there's no concrete record of a specific order from the POTUS to the investigator. I can't overstate how sketchy the situation is, but sketchy isn't the same as felonious.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    a little dot connecting over the last few days crown prince of UAE in the oval office same guy who had a 3day meeting at an island off off Kenya withand Putin and Betsy devos's husband and head of black water then Comey fired Russian delegates in oval office closed meeting but Russians reporters OK, leaks highly classified info to Russian's? dizzy yet?
    -Louie

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I'm about to watch Celebrity Apprentice for the first time... a friend assures me this will completely destroy my reality.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)