Page 51 of 123 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 3664

Thread: Not The Actual Events

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by error View Post
    Did anyone else find that the artwork doesn't sync to their phone from iTunes? MP3 version, it shows up fine in iTunes and in Finder. The MP3s that came with The Fragile and Deviations work fine. Obviously I can just change it but it seems weird.
    How the fuck were you the first person to choose that username in 3 years.

And yeah my phone doesn't synch it from Windows so I think it's something other than iTunes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Did anyone else find that the artwork doesn't sync to their phone from iTunes? MP3 version, it shows up fine in iTunes and in Finder. The MP3s that came with The Fragile and Deviations work fine. Obviously I can just change it but it seems weird.
    Same here.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Has Lost Highway been mentioned here?

Detective: Do you own a video camera?
    Renee Madison: No. Fred hates them.
    Fred Madison: I like to remember things my own way.
    Detective: What do you mean by that?
    Fred Madison: How I remembered them. Not necessarily the way they happened.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Now, you know what would be funny? If the embedded lyrics were generated at the download time for you only and contained something fetched from internet by searching for your e-mail or name if you specified one... Who would not freak out at that before knowing this? :-)

As for me, first listen - wait, this is dense, give me a minute to breathe... (EP ends) What was that, give it to me one more time! :-)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Glad I am not the only one with that problem.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    It's a persistent problem with iTunes, Apple Music and iTunes Match, sometimes my artwork are all good on my computer and totally fucked up on my phone...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    This is obviously fake, but I wish it was real

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    I think it's going to be a Trent and Atticus plushie with squeakers
    Nah, it's a Trent bobblehead with a tambourine smashing against its chest.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    How the fuck were you the first person to choose that username in 3 years.

And yeah my phone doesn't synch it from Windows so I think it's something other than iTunes
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    Same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by untold View Post
    It's a persistent problem with iTunes, Apple Music and iTunes Match, sometimes my artwork are all good on my computer and totally fucked up on my phone...
    this is the FIRST time i've had this issue, and i've been using iTunes & iPods since the first iteration of each.

if you manually copy the artwork from the version of the album on your computer (in iTunes) to the version on your phone, it will stick.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    this is the FIRST time i've had this issue, and i've been using iTunes & iPods since the first iteration of each.

if you manually copy the artwork from the version of the album on your computer (in iTunes) to the version on your phone, it will stick.
    Forst tkme I've ever encountered it as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    You have to have an iPhone 6 or later for the artwork to sync
    I'm using a 6S.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Are you using iTunes to add your artwork?
    Yeah, just clarifying it applies to the newer phones too. I replaced the artwork with the image on nin.wiki.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Yeah, just clarifying it applies to the newer phones too. I replaced the artwork with the image on nin.wiki.
    EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot. Nothing to see here.
    Last edited by Jon; 12-24-2016 at 08:22 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I find this EP getting better with relistens, "Burning Bright" is awesome.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    This EP made me realise how much i miss heavy NIN...i was worried Trent had thrown the heavy NIN sound to the dustbin of history.

NIN has never really been a metal band...the only METAL song i can think of in NINs entire catalouge is Last from 1992. Im not even that much of a metal fan but Burning Bright makes me yearn for a metal influenced album...

Im getting a Godflesh/Jesu vibe from this EP too like some have mentioned.

Also reminds me of the (great lost) band... Brainiac who Trent has mentioned before..
    Last edited by Exocet; 12-24-2016 at 08:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minusthesnake View Post
    PROJECTS!!! NOT ALBUMS!!! I think that phrasing was VERY deliberate.
    i think it's a safe bet for a full fledged album (not to slight the masterpiece that is NTAE), but perhaps the second project could be anything; music video, another EP, possibilities are endless.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post

YES. EVERY-ONE SEEMS TO BE ASLEEP.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    First, let me apologize. The codependent in me is trying to "help" too many people. If my posts sounded dickish, it's because I've been up far too long.

I rechecked my files and realized I was using the nin.wiki artwork as well, because the original WAV .zip did not contain any. After trying out the 13MB artwork it does not show up for me, either.

I stand behind my statement about adding artwork with MP3tag, and that anything over 3000x3000 and 3MB generally gives iTunes trouble when trying to sync. I deleted the majority of our back and forth so as to not clutter this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had just about given up on the idea of new NIN in 2016. Leave it to Trent to wait till the last minute to give us just a taste. Anyway, new ep is starting to grow on me. I might actually enjoy it more than HM. Although I have not dived into the meaning to much, and by the looks of the lyrics this might actually take a good amount time to decipher. The artwork was stolen from the AATCHB/Still which from the surface it appears to have very little in common with. Seem everyone is awe of the physical component and what it might be. I won't be shocked if it's just a piece of paper with the title on it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzomilione View Post
    i think it's a safe bet for a full fledged album (not to slight the masterpiece that is NTAE), but perhaps the second project could be anything; music video, another EP, possibilities are endless.
    Music video?.. One of the major projects/works? ORLY?..

Well, i should say then, that Broken was "music video" too...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just realized a strong lyrical link between Burning Bright and HTDA's We Fade Away. Particularly the "Breathe, breathe, breathe," part. Also "I can't tell if I am dreaming anymore" is two words off of being the exact same last line of We Fade Away.

Edit: Excuse my shitty font format, I'm on mobile
    Last edited by walking_shade; 12-24-2016 at 09:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My thoughts.....

Brilliant as always...

Discover new and interesting sonic landscapes on every listen..

Each listen gives me more appreciation and the desire to listen more.

Reminds me of Broken somewhat. Reminded of The Slip just a bit. But more importantly reminds me of how shitty 99.99999 percent of music is out there.

Take into consideration I am not your typical NIN fan. Hip Hop is my first and go to genre. For which sadly there is a greater deal of shit, however in recent years has come back with areas of creativity here and there.

But what happened to the bands like Tool? Nothing new has really sparked my interest.... kept me going .... I am sure there are bands out there I am just not educated about. Or maybe... I am just getting cold and gray (old)

Anyways hip hop is my go to genre of music but Trent Reznor is still and always will be my favorite artist. He reminds me to dip into other genres and do some deep exploration way beyond apple musics new and popular on the front page.

This album is sonic ear candy!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hard and heavy.... Fuck my girl through the matress raw. Spooky, as if James Wan directed where the sound needed to go and when... Love it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthemoment View Post
    Hard and heavy.... Fuck my girl through the matress raw. Spooky, as if James Wan directed where the sound needed to go and when... Love it.
    Damn, shit got deep. Deep. Deep. Deep.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    gross. "fuck my girl"? you're not on a jersey shore forum, bro.

merry christmas, kids.
    Last edited by kel; 12-24-2016 at 10:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    gross. "fuck my girl"? you're not on a jersey shore forum, bro.

merry christmas, kids.
    Am I on the same Forum that represents a band that says " fist fuck' and " I want to fuck you like an animal" In its lyrics?

I wasn't aware I was on a NIN forum dedicated to the NIN Lullaby CD.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    She's Gone Away is such a devastating song.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Not The Actual Events

Spoiler: Looks like the physical component is a lyric sheet that will make a mess.

https://instagram.com/p/BOYTWipBNq8/

Credit: sandman_slays on reddit
    Last edited by sweeterthan; 12-25-2016 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Physical component spoiler

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    "through the mattress" also seems like way more trouble than its worth. altogether just a weird thing to say.

I was talking to my friend about this album today. he's the guy who got me into NIN in the first place. He's still into them in a passing sort of way. His quote was:

"it finally sound slike actual Nine Inch Nails instead of just Trent Reznor fucking around on garage band."

Which made me laugh pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    "through the mattress" also seems like way more trouble than its worth. altogether just a weird thing to say.

I was talking to my friend about this album today. he's the guy who got me into NIN in the first place. He's still into them in a passing sort of way. His quote was:

"it finally sound slike actual Nine Inch Nails instead of just Trent Reznor fucking around on garage band."

Which made me laugh pretty good.
    hahahahaha that is epic!!! Yea I intended for it to be weird a distorted thing to say, that is overtop harsh brash and all of that. It I felt compliments my emotional feeling on the album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not The Actual Events

Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Spoiler: Looks like the physical component is a lyric sheet that will make a mess.

https://instagram.com/p/BOYTWipBNq8/

Credit: sandman_slays on reddit
    If this is for real, it would actually be pretty cool. Kinda. Is it real? lol