Thread: Alien: Covenant

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I'm so pumped for this. Love the the one-word tagline. Perfect! The expectations are gonna be so high but if there's one person who can deliver, it's Ridley Scott.
    Can't wait for the trailer.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    if there's one person who can deliver, it's Ridley Scott.
    Can't wait for the trailer.
    This could be argued

Looking forward to it. Hopes high. It will be interesting to see Kenny Powers in a legit Alien movie.

"I can fly this spaceship faster than fuck"

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    This could be argued

Looking forward to it. Hopes high. It will be interesting to see Kenny Powers in a legit Alien movie.

Scott's resume isn't perfect but when start looking at some of the movies he directed like Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, American Gangster, Prometheus & The Martian, it's not too shabby.
    But yeah, he directed GI Jane and a few other duds.

Time will tell.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Scott's resume isn't perfect but when start looking at some of the movies he directed like Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, American Gangster, Prometheus & The Martian, it's not too shabby.
    But yeah, he directed GI Jane and a few other duds.

Time will tell.
    You're right. He has nothing left to prove after Alien and Blade Runner. All other movie's Ive seen of his prove that he's a perfectly serviceable director. I think I'm in the minority but I even really enjoyed The Counselor. I guess Prometheus left a bad taste in my mouth, which might be more Lindelof's fault.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    You're right. He has nothing left to prove after Alien and Blade Runner. All other movie's Ive seen of his prove that he's a perfectly serviceable director. I think I'm in the minority but I even really enjoyed The Counselor. I guess Prometheus left a bad taste in my mouth, which might be more Lindelof's fault.
    Damon Lindelof has said that most of his job on Prometheus was to take dictation from Ridley on the changes he wanted to make to Jon Spaihts' original script (which was a direct Alien prequel). I actually wonder if the reason Ridley's films have been so patchy in recent years (haven't seen The Counselor so can't comment) is because he's been taking a crack at the storyline. He didn't have a hand in it for Blade Runner as far as I know, and certainly didn't for Alien.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    It will be interesting to see Kenny Powers in a legit Alien movie.

Dude, that made me laugh more than I expected.

I honestly don't know what to expect with this movie and I kinda like that.
    I'm going in blind, and maybe I'll watch a teaser and the first trailer but that's it.

I understand why people didn't like Prometheus but I enjoyed it for what it was and saw it as a chance to see the origins of the Alien race.
    I loved the cinematography and the settings in Prometheus, it was gorgeous.
    If we get more of that with an excellent story then it will be phenomenal and everything I want in Aliens covenant.

It's impossible to replicate how good Alien and Aliens was and I don't expect that for this film.
    If anyone tries it would fail, in my opinion.

I want something new and fresh, Prometheus did this to an extent. Some of it failed but at least to me it was good enough and better than the AVP movies.

I'm one of the odd people that actually prefers Alien over Aliens (just like Terminator over Terminator 2).
    I have faith that Ridley Scott will deliver.