Thread: The Dark Tower movie adaptation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    733 Post(s)

The Dark Tower movie adaptation

So i couldn't find a thread about this yet. Sorry if this has to get moved.

The long awaited film adaptation of Stephen King's The Dark Tower stars Idris Elba as Roland Deschain, Tom Taylor as Jake Chambers, and Matthew Mcconaughey as The Man in Black, and will be helmed by Nikolaj Arcel, the director of the original The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

I've read that people are thinking that a lot of the action will be drawn from later books in the series, but i'm not certain about this, and that it will work as a sort of adaptation/sequel. This does sound plausible, as characters who don't show up until pretty late in the series have been cast, including Abbey Lee (Mad Max: Fury Road) as Tirana, Jackie Earle Haley (The Watchmen) as Sayre, and Fran Kranz (The Dollhouse) as Pimli.

Back in may, Stephen King tweeted a picture of an ancient looking horn with the words Last Time Around, and the caption "The Dark Tower is close, now. The Crimson King awaits. Soon Roland will raise the Horn of Eld. And blow." If you've read the books, you know what this means. It also excites me, because it appears that Stephen King is fully on board with this.

Here is the synopsis of the film, which will be released 2-17-17

In his first step towards the powerful and mysterious Dark Tower, Roland encounters an alluring woman names Alice, begins a friendship with Jake, a kid from New York, and faces an agonising choice between damnation and salvation as he pursues the Man in Black. Set in a world of extraordinary circumstances, filled with stunning visual imagery and unforgettable characters, The Dark Tower series is Stephen King's most visionary piece of storytelling that may well be his crowning achievement.

Here are the photos that have been released.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Ka is a wheel and we all say thankya.

I REALLY wanted a full on adaptation, with each film followed by a television season as was discussed before, but this actually looks like it could work to me, and at least we are getting a movie featuring Roland, Jake, and Mid World.

So who is fired up, or at least cautiously optimistic?
    @Jinsai @mrselfdestruct94 @Ryan @miss k bee @decadent @fillow @onthewall2983 @frankie teardrop @NYRexall @The_Prowler @slave2thewage @aggroculture@Pillfred @tommygunn @Aywok ?

Thoughts? Hopes? Fears?

Oh, and btw, we are supposed to get a trailer in October.
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-25-2016 at 03:38 PM.