Thread: The Xbox Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I don't know if anyone brought this up but it seems like Microsoft doesn't want to bring VR to their consoles at this time .

E3 2016: Xbox Boss Talks VR, Scorpio Specs and Console Upgrade Cycle
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/...-upgrade-cycle

Do you guys think there will ever be a day you can exchange video graphic cards out of the console ? Does that make the consoles obsolete ?
    Last edited by Rdm; 06-12-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    I don't know if anyone brought this up but it seems like Microsoft doesn't want to bring VR to their consoles at this time .

E3 2016: Xbox Boss Talks VR, Scorpio Specs and Console Upgrade Cycle
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/...-upgrade-cycle

Do you guys think there will ever be a day you can exchange video graphic cards out of the console ? Does that make the consoles obsolete ?
    Good. I hope the VR dies soon. Silly nonsense I have no interest in personally.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Good. I hope the VR dies soon. Silly nonsense I have no interest in personally.
    Ever had a good (or any) VR experience? We use it at work. I was skeptical as hell about it, and to this day I still hold that people look ridiculous with the headsets strapped to their face - but the technology is impressive and it's actually a pretty cool experience in my opinion. Long as it's something that's an option and not a requirement for a certain game, I'm 100% on board with it.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Ever had a good (or any) VR experience? We use it at work. I was skeptical as hell about it, and to this day I still hold that people look ridiculous with the headsets strapped to their face - but the technology is impressive and it's actually a pretty cool experience in my opinion. Long as it's something that's an option and not a requirement for a certain game, I'm 100% on board with it.
    I think you both have a point here. The tech is impressive, but alot of the games made from VR have been...pretty awful, making alot of players just see it as a gimmick rather than something that can enhance the experience.