Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^Brilliant whoever decided they would make for a killer late 2nd and 3rd act.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfoot View Post
    That's been my main question about him; why is he trying to punish Bruce/Bats? What happened to Bane that makes him want vengeance against our hero? I'm sure a lot happened in the 8 year gap since The Dark Knight, and perhaps it was something during that time? Perhaps we will see the return of the League Of Shadows, this time with Bane as their "ace in the hole." Perhaps Bruce must be punished for stopping them the first time around. He allowed everything that happened since Begins to take place, and perhaps the city got much worse. I know that in the trailer it says they are at a time of peace, but we do not have context for that and we don't know when that started. That would be the trilogy coming full circle and returning to the idea of tearing a city down once it's reached its pinnacle of decadence.
    My theory has been that Bane hates batman because he knows about the Harvey Dent ruse? or because of that ruse at least....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    My theory has been that Bane hates batman because he knows about the Harvey Dent ruse? or because of that ruse at least....
    You think he cares that deeply about something from 8 years ago? That had nothing to do with Bane, and I don't really see him holding a grudge on behalf of The Joker.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I think the theory about the return of the League of Shadows is what the third film will be about. They're returning to finish what they were set out to do. Twice, they've been foiled. First by the Wayne family when Bruce's father created the monorail for the city. Then by Bruce as Batman years later when he learns what they would do. The Joker was someone of his own. A true anarchist who wanted to show the world that people were as ugly as he is only to be foiled by Batman and Jim Gordon despite managing to corrupt Harvey Dent into insanity and later his own death where Batman and Gordon made him a martyr. In the third film, Bane is sent to not create an idea of what the League of Shadows did which was to destroy an already troubled world and start it all over again. This time around, it's just to destroy Gotham and its Dark Knight.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    This is good stuff, gents. I could see Bane holding a years-long grudge on Batman or Bruce based on covering up the true nature of Harvey Dent, and letting that hate fester (I just remembered that picture of Bane holding a photo of Dent). Yet, even if he does have a grudge, it's most likely an extension of the League of Shadows making their return. Bane has to have some personal stake, though, which I don't think we can really predict until it's hopefully revealed in the film. I must say - I really like the idea of Bane being their "ace in the hole" like Goldfoot said. The trailers almost make him look like a General - not unlike the position Ducard was preparing for Bruce. Just like Brian Azzarello once said: the best Batman villains are a mirror for the Bat.

I guess we could assume that with Gotham enjoying peace-time, their decadence has made a comeback, and the gap between classes has expanded - hence Bane's reckoning..? Or maybe it's just taken that long to assemble the resources to try to destroy Gotham again.

This is where I need to stop mapping out this movie, and just hibernate until July 20th.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure we're going to go right back to "Begins". Bane may well be one of the guys who got fucked up by Wayne during his training in the mountains, perhaps. Or another lieutenant in the League's organization. There's no way Batman toppled the whole thing just by crushing Liam Neeson with a train!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    You just destroyed my entire theory about liam neeson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bane is Liam Neeson's son.
    Now you know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Didn't Bane marry Talia in the comics?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    This is good stuff, gents. I could see Bane holding a years-long grudge on Batman or Bruce based on covering up the true nature of Harvey Dent, and letting that hate fester (I just remembered that picture of Bane holding a photo of Dent). Yet, even if he does have a grudge, it's most likely an extension of the League of Shadows making their return. Bane has to have some personal stake, though, which I don't think we can really predict until it's hopefully revealed in the film. I must say - I really like the idea of Bane being their "ace in the hole" like Goldfoot said. The trailers almost make him look like a General - not unlike the position Ducard was preparing for Bruce. Just like Brian Azzarello once said: the best Batman villains are a mirror for the Bat.
    I don't have a specific counterpoint to the idea that Bane is holding a grudge based on the cover-up, I just hope it's not something that petty. Though I did hear that in the comics his entire motivation was to take the spotlight away from Batman; nothing says "petty" like an ego trip.

I guess we could assume that with Gotham enjoying peace-time, their decadence has made a comeback, and the gap between classes has expanded - hence Bane's reckoning..? Or maybe it's just taken that long to assemble the resources to try to destroy Gotham again.
    Don't forget Selina's comment about the wealthy living large and leaving nothing for everyone else. That goes right with what you're saying and is pretty indicative that the city has reached another pinnacle.

This is where I need to stop mapping out this movie, and just hibernate until July 20th.
    I had told myself I was going to stay out of this thread, both in order to avoid ANY kind of spoiler and just so I wouldn't think too deeply about what the film is about. Then this trailer came out and I had to discuss it with as many people as possible. I'll probably retreat from anything Batman related in the near future, but right now this is all speculation and I'm enjoying it. Speculation based on what little we've seen, but speculation nonetheless.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Not to interrupt. Ignore me. I just thought this was funny.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    It could do it. I mean the trailer did play before the movie. And everyone seems pumped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    It could do it. I mean the trailer did play before the movie. And everyone seems pumped.
    I doubt it; Avengers has more mass appeal and it got a 3D release (Hello $30 million extra on opening weekend). I mean, I'm hopeful for TDKR, but it is going to do really well even without setting any records. TDKR has a bleak, somber tone to it whereas Avengers is an epic, mostly light-hearted ensemble film. Since its the final chapter in this series, many many people will see it, but it's going to be tough to compete with Avengers for best opening weekend. In the end, it doesn't really matter, because this isn't setting the stage for any sequels that might be in jeopardy.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I find it hard to believe that all those set pictures were just decoys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a question.... Who's the big guy at 1:16??
    Clearly not Bane, no mask.

also "Did they kill him?" Bane is working for LoS.
    Last edited by PooPooMeowChow; 05-09-2012 at 04:17 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Hmm good eye. Never caught that. It could still be Bane, judging from the way he's dressed? Maybe he takes his mask off? Or maybe he's just one of Bane's henchmen. Is that Bruce being pushed by him or JGL?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I feel like I've watched this new trailer 50 times.... avengers was badass, but Im stoked for this!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Hmm good eye. Never caught that. It could still be Bane, judging from the way he's dressed? Maybe he takes his mask off? Or maybe he's just one of Bane's henchmen. Is that Bruce being pushed by him or JGL?
    He looks black to me.
    Looking through the cast I see an Elijah Burke, Ex- WWE wrestler, plays a Bane henchmen.

Funny his IMDB didn't have a picture, I just thought the name sounded black. lol

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah it stands to reason he'll have at least a few giant thugs to fuck with Batman along the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PooPooMeowChow View Post
    I have a question.... Who's the big guy at 1:16??
    Clearly not Bane, no mask.
    Christopher Judge (Teal'c on Stargate SG-1)

also "Did they kill him?" Bane is working for LoS.
    "They" could very easily be Bane and his army of prisoners.

Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Is that Bruce being pushed by him or JGL?
    It's JGL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aw you got it, that's totally him.
    and yeah "they" is probably is Bane's army.
    you win +1 internets.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

The Dark Knight Rises
    kicks off with the question “why does he wear the mask?” and now thanks to a short article in Rolling Stone magazine, we have an answer! Here’s a quote straight from the mouth of director Christopher Nolan:
    Spoiler: Bane is someone ravaged by pain from a trauma suffered long ago, and the mask dispenses a type of anesthetic that keeps his pain just below the threshold so he can function.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Random thought;

The part in the newest trailer early on where a guy asks Bane "What are you?" and he responds "I'm Gotham's reckoning" got me super stoked for a few seconds when I thought that may be have been William Fichtner reprising his cameo from TDK. It would make absolutely no sense, plus it's pretty safe to say that character is dead, but I was a little dissapointed for some reason when I realized it wasn't actually him.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^
    Bane sounds like a combination of Darth Vader and the Dennis Hopper character in Blue Velvet

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Hmm, that's probably quite an astute assumption haha. Makes me wonder if he's just gonna be 100% cool and calculated (though evil) or if he'll have a touch of insanity built in as well.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I dunno, they did the insanity thing with the Joker, it wouldn't be interesting to see the same thing again. I'm guessing totally calm and utterly lethal.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    For sure. Obviously he's not playing with a full deck being a comic villain and all, but I agree...it's like two sides of the coin. Heath was outstanding as the completely out-to-lunch Joker which was the exact foil of Batman and they played to that (i.e. 'you'll have to break your one rule', and so forth) but this time it's going to just be a calculated all-out war. I'm just jacked that it's only TWO months away!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Two long months... At least we have Prometheus to fill the gap.
    And yeah, instead of an unpredictable lunatic who's thinking a few steps ahead, this time it'll be chess masters squaring off.