Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Not knocking you but you hate Funny Games for the shit it pulls with the murder angle after torture but like Anticrist which, in my opinion, has ten times worse content?

O.o
    You know, that crossed my mind.
    And here's what it is. I feel so much empathy for the people being hurt in the home invasion genre that it just fucks my head up. I just can't do it man. I can't hang.
    I can handle a wife murdering a husband (like in antichrist,) and even the baby dying.
    What i CAN'T handle is seeing intruders come into a family's home and terrorize, kill and torture them, in front of each other no less.
    It's just the way my mind works.

My very worst fear is someone breaking in and raping my wife in front of me and then killing me.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    You know, that crossed my mind.
    And here's what it is. I feel so much empathy for the people being hurt in the home invasion genre that it just fucks my head up. I just can't do it man. I can't hang.
    I can handle a wife murdering a husband (like in antichrist,) and even the baby dying.
    What i CAN'T handle is seeing intruders come into a family's home and terrorize, kill and torture them, in front of each other no less.
    It's just the way my mind works.

My very worst fear is someone breaking in and raping my wife in front of me and then killing me.
    That's absolutely brilliant. That's the most spot on analysis of why any movie will affect people differently: it's all about how we relate to it.