Building upon the foundation of my earlier essay examining the connections between Star Trek and Transformers: Dark of the Moon ("Arise, SPOCKTIMUS PRIME" Parts ONE and TWO), I couldn't HELP but add a bit more when I saw Transformers: Age of Extinction...

OMFG
DID ANYONE ELSE SEE
SPOCK IN CADE'S BARN?

Erm...Cade's laboratory, that is, lol.

Spock's likeness was kinda hidden in the shadows and only seen briefly, but it was definitely there!

So, let's discuss a couple things about that.

Firstly, it's very interesting that of ALL the photos they could've used of Spock, they chose one of him in his RED uniform from the movies (as opposed to his shirt from the show or his quickly-discarded wardrobe from the 1st film). "Interesting," I say, because not only are there so many different uniforms of Spock's to choose from, but the one they chose was first introduced in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan!

That's right, the very same film from which they sampled Bumblebee's dialogue in Transformers: Dark of the Moon, as well as the source of Sentinel Prime's clever line, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

Not to mention, of course, the fact that the photo of Spock in his red uniform is YET ANOTHER example of the "color coding" found in these films, as I've detailed in several earlier threads such as this example.

AWESOMENESS.

Also of interest, Cade's barn, again, was much MORE than just a barn. It was actually a laboratory...you know, for an INVENTOR. And what was Sentinel Prime again?

That's right. An inventor!

Sentinel Prime of course created the Pillars, a space bridge technology suspiciously similar to the transporter beams of Star Trek lore. And Sentinel was not only described as "the technology's inventor," but what else?

That's right, "the Einstein of his civilization."

Hell, Sentinel Prime was even first introduced in conjunction with Einstein, way back in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, when Sam disproved Einstein's theories with a rant about the Sentinel Prime expedition during his first day of college in Astronomy 101.

And in addition to Cade's barn serving as a lab for an inventor AND a hiding spot for Sentinel's fellow Prime and successor, any guesses who else's picture was hanging in there with Spock's...?

Annnd that photo of Spock wasn't just hanging on the walls like most of the other set decorations on display.

Nooooo.

Spock's picture was hanging on a support beam in the middle of the structure.

Or, in other words, Spock's picture was literally hanging ON A PILLAR.

Hmmmmmmmm.

INTRIGUING.